You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post a reply


This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.

BBCode is ON
[img] is OFF
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are OFF

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14880

by Lsuoma » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:59 pm

Fucking hilarious! 10/10.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14879

by Lsuoma » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:57 pm

Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote: PS for SD, your graphic about abusive relationships bears an uncanny resemblance to your posts here....
Well, that's a zinger!
I've been trying to take that pie squarely in the face... but I just can't figure out how to get in front of it.

The fault lies with me-- I'm autistically hung-up on the word "uncanny".

I know an 'uncanny resemblance' still technically means a very-close resemblance. But I can't get past the word "uncanny" invoking the "uncanny valley"-- an immense chasm between vague-resemblance and actually resembling something.

So the joke needs to be workshopped... I propose replacing 'uncanny' with some other adjective which is a callback to the statistic-heavy content of my recent posts...
p.s. for SD, your graphic about abusive relationships bears 99.92% resemblance to your posts here....
Even with this adjustment, I'm still autistically unable to get the joke. I suspect it's because I'm an MRA-weirdo. I think the Abusive Relationship Wheel is insane feminist witchhunting, codified into law by Joe Biden's 1994 Violence Against Women Act.

It's entirely possible I'm some sort of toxic patriarchy absuse monster, unable to recognize myself in the Abusive Relationship Wheel.

or else the zinger just doesn't match reality. I'm open to someone enumerating exactly-what I'm missing. Even tho that will be less fun than just spooging-off throwaway remarks.

p.s.
I'm ever-so sorrry for demanding the Emotional Labor of those whose Job-It-Is-Not to educate me. :cdc:
Irony fail. 2/10. Must try harder. See me after class.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14878

by KiwiInOz » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14877

by KiwiInOz » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:09 pm

Hunt wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: - How Pennsylvania counted 700,000 more absentee ballots than it mailed out.
This apparently stems from a typo on the PA Dept. of State website, which didn't subtract absentee ballot counts returned in the primary election, making it look like more were received in the actual election than were sent out.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 450032002/
Nooooo. It's corruption, I tell you.

I have a sneaking feeling the Matt's ex wife ran away with a junior Democrat ballot counter 30 years ago, which explains his abiding hatred of them.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14876

by Hunt » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: - How Pennsylvania counted 700,000 more absentee ballots than it mailed out.
This apparently stems from a typo on the PA Dept. of State website, which didn't subtract absentee ballot counts returned in the primary election, making it look like more were received in the actual election than were sent out.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 450032002/

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14875

by Service Dog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:15 pm

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14874

by Brive1987 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14873

by Brive1987 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:50 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote: I am heartily sick of all this. Quite obviously, you should have stuck with George III, as he would have seen you right.

And talking of royalty, I was dismissive of the critics' complaints about season 4 of The Crown, but I have to admit it is complete fiction. Gone right off the rails. Utter lunacy. Do not believe a word of it, as what it suggests happened is clearly not the case, over and over again.

And perhaps all of these matters are actually the same thing: Americans making stuff up, yet again.

PS for SD, your graphic about abusive relationships bears an uncanny resemblance to your posts here....
Well, that's a zinger!

BTW, you see the physical attacks on Biden have been started by the KH for Pres bunch? Broken foot? Well, OK. Playing with doggy woggy? Right...
The man will be dead before January.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14872

by Service Dog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:26 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote: PS for SD, your graphic about abusive relationships bears an uncanny resemblance to your posts here....
Well, that's a zinger!
I've been trying to take that pie squarely in the face... but I just can't figure out how to get in front of it.

The fault lies with me-- I'm autistically hung-up on the word "uncanny".

I know an 'uncanny resemblance' still technically means a very-close resemblance. But I can't get past the word "uncanny" invoking the "uncanny valley"-- an immense chasm between vague-resemblance and actually resembling something.

So the joke needs to be workshopped... I propose replacing 'uncanny' with some other adjective which is a callback to the statistic-heavy content of my recent posts...
p.s. for SD, your graphic about abusive relationships bears 99.92% resemblance to your posts here....
Even with this adjustment, I'm still autistically unable to get the joke. I suspect it's because I'm an MRA-weirdo. I think the Abusive Relationship Wheel is insane feminist witchhunting, codified into law by Joe Biden's 1994 Violence Against Women Act.

It's entirely possible I'm some sort of toxic patriarchy absuse monster, unable to recognize myself in the Abusive Relationship Wheel.

or else the zinger just doesn't match reality. I'm open to someone enumerating exactly-what I'm missing. Even tho that will be less fun than just spooging-off throwaway remarks.

p.s.
I'm ever-so sorrry for demanding the Emotional Labor of those whose Job-It-Is-Not to educate me. :cdc:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14871

by Lsuoma » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:21 pm

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14870

by Matt Cavanaugh » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Old_ones wrote: I don't have to do anything to satisfy your list of arguments from incredulity.
Actually, the best response to an argument from incredulity is to provide the explanation. Dawkins devoted an entire book, The Blind Watchmaker, to that approach. Alternately, like you have here, one could take the approach of being an obstinate dickhead.
Moreover, the burden of proof is on you.
No. A slew of unprecedented, statistically highly improbable, and prima facie impossible [e.g., hundreds of thousands of more ballots counted than were issued] events occurred. The onus is on the election official, on whose watches they happened, to explain how they didn't either completely botch their job, or weren't flat out cheating.
Your arguments are exactly like creationists trying to poke holes in evolutionary theory because they want to win by default.
Now you're guilty of argument by repeated assertion. Saying over and over we're just like the creationists doesn't make it so -- especially when Dog and Javis have already busted you on it.

You can make your own religion where Trump is the messiah, and the fact that he lost the election really proves he won, and was anointed by god and shit.
Wow, you totally slayed that strawman. I'm in awe of your rhetorical wizardry.

I don't have any illusions about being able to reason with you, and I'm certainly not going to waste any of my time following you down a rabbit hole to find evidence for explanations you are going to reject on the basis of incredulity anyway. I'm just here to point and laugh.
Well, Kirbmarc, Aneris, and the other dickhead sophists flounced long ago, leaving a niche for you.

When it comes to my own personal sensibilities, I think winning the popular vote should be enough
Keep us updated on how that constitutional amendment is going.
I look at presidents who lose the popular vote as an undesirable consequence of a flawed system. Trump has been a minority president for his entire 4 years, he's never been close to winning the popular vote, and that alone says everything you need to know about his legitimacy in my opinion.
Since FDR, Democrat potus candidates have won a majority of the popular vote only thrice: LBJ -- which was mostly a response to JFK's assassination -- and Obama twice. Carter eked out 50%. The Dems' legacy of being repeatedly and resoundingly rejected, only rarely sneaking in with slim pluralities, tells you everything you need to know.

I don't care if you accept the vote or not.
You should. You pussies played at your limp-dicked "resistance" for four years. Go ahead, let us show you how it's done.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14869

by Keating » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:50 pm

I doubt that was Harris. I have to believe she's more competent than that in knocking off Biden. Doesn't she have to wait until he's sworn in, anyway? The Harris Body Count will definitely exceed the Clinton one before long though.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14868

by Lsuoma » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:48 pm

screwtape wrote: I am heartily sick of all this. Quite obviously, you should have stuck with George III, as he would have seen you right.

And talking of royalty, I was dismissive of the critics' complaints about season 4 of The Crown, but I have to admit it is complete fiction. Gone right off the rails. Utter lunacy. Do not believe a word of it, as what it suggests happened is clearly not the case, over and over again.

And perhaps all of these matters are actually the same thing: Americans making stuff up, yet again.

PS for SD, your graphic about abusive relationships bears an uncanny resemblance to your posts here....
Well, that's a zinger!

BTW, you see the physical attacks on Biden have been started by the KH for Pres bunch? Broken foot? Well, OK. Playing with doggy woggy? Right...

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14867

by Brive1987 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:48 pm

This may have been already touched on.

But the US election results appear to have some puzzling aspects about them ... 🤔

https://spectator.us/reasons-why-the-20 ... -puzzling/

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14866

by Old_ones » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:54 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Old_ones wrote: Your statistics can't tell you fraud or anything else about why the votes are what they are. They can tell you when something is unlikely to have occurred by chance. You've heard the adage "correlation does not imply causation", yes? This is the same principal. If you want to go on to allege that fraud is the reason for the improbable pattern in the data you have to have additional evidence for that.

Jumping to any particular conclusion on the basis of "this is unlikely to be the product of chance" is an argument from ignorance (and possibly an argument from incredulity).
For Biden to win in this fashion, he needed to shoot the moon in statistical improbabilities. You don't need to be a lifetime member of The Skeptics Society to recognize it stinks to high heaven; an extraordinary claim deserving of careful scrutiny and extraordinary proof that it was just an amazingly lucky alignment of the stars.

Most of all, if you want me or anyone to accept this was an above-board win for Biden, you need to explain how polities in just four cities in four swing states, acted not only dramatically different from similar voters in every other big city, but also dramatically different from how they themselves acted in previous elections.

-- How, across America, Biden drew <90% of the black vote, while Trump doubled his support ... except in four cities, where Biden got 98+;

-- How turnout in these four states was c.90% -- requiring essentially every single adult to cast a ballot in many city precincts -- when it'd had never topped 75%, and when black turnout elsewhere was depressed;

-- Why Biden's votes in excess of down-ballot candidates' was ten times normal ... but only in these four states;

-- Why requests for mail-in ballots skewed c. 55/45 in favor of Dems, yet the millions of ballots arriving in the wee hours of the morning skewed 97/3 for Biden;

- How Pennsylvania counted 700,000 more absentee ballots than it mailed out.

The list goes on -- far too long to be dismissed with the lazy hand-having that's been offered to date.
No, again that's the point. I don't have to do anything to satisfy your list of arguments from incredulity. This type of shit is what the court system was conceived for, and I'm going to go ahead and trust the institutions. Moreover, the burden of proof is on you. Your arguments are exactly like creationists trying to poke holes in evolutionary theory because they want to win by default. When you are the one alleging wrongdoing for the sake of blocking an elected official, you take on the burden of proof. Prosecutors and plaintiffs have the responsibility for proving their case, because they are the ones trying to get the legal system to strip things from people. And that is why Rudy and his clown car are failing.

I don't care if you accept the vote or not. You can make your own religion where Trump is the messiah, and the fact that he lost the election really proves he won, and was anointed by god and shit. I don't have any illusions about being able to reason with you, and I'm certainly not going to waste any of my time following you down a rabbit hole to find evidence for explanations you are going to reject on the basis of incredulity anyway. I'm just here to point and laugh.

When it comes to my own personal sensibilities, I think winning the popular vote should be enough, and I look at presidents who lose the popular vote as an undesirable consequence of a flawed system. Trump has been a minority president for his entire 4 years, he's never been close to winning the popular vote, and that alone says everything you need to know about his legitimacy in my opinion.

Of course nobody is asking either of us how the federal government should work. But this conspiracy nonsense is going to lose, and by the way it isn't unique to this election. As I said I've seen all this bullshit before. If you are really surprised when we have a president Biden in 8 weeks, that's sad.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14865

by screwtape » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:00 pm

I am heartily sick of all this. Quite obviously, you should have stuck with George III, as he would have seen you right.

And talking of royalty, I was dismissive of the critics' complaints about season 4 of The Crown, but I have to admit it is complete fiction. Gone right off the rails. Utter lunacy. Do not believe a word of it, as what it suggests happened is clearly not the case, over and over again.

And perhaps all of these matters are actually the same thing: Americans making stuff up, yet again.

PS for SD, your graphic about abusive relationships bears an uncanny resemblance to your posts here....

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14864

by Service Dog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:19 am

Trending, in MAGA circles...

title:
"I am starting to wonder if maybe we need a good divorce lawyer."


https://media.thedonald.win/post/lzQsp5vG.jpeg

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14863

by KiwiInOz » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:54 am

Trump's team have the resources to conduct a thorough investigation, and will have started compiling the evidence of malfeasance and corruption long before the election as Trump had called it back then. I expect that State and Federal Bureaus of Investigation will act as soon as if not before the evidence comes in. The real voters who actually gave Trump the majority will exert enough political pressure on Biden the Pretender to ensure transparency. It will only require one successful case for the dam wall to crack and the whole ediface to collapse. Expect Supreme Court majority judgement for Trump any day now.

Any day now the weight of evidence and the will of the people will prevail.

Watch this space.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14862

by Matt Cavanaugh » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:30 am

Old_ones wrote: Your statistics can't tell you fraud or anything else about why the votes are what they are. They can tell you when something is unlikely to have occurred by chance. You've heard the adage "correlation does not imply causation", yes? This is the same principal. If you want to go on to allege that fraud is the reason for the improbable pattern in the data you have to have additional evidence for that.

Jumping to any particular conclusion on the basis of "this is unlikely to be the product of chance" is an argument from ignorance (and possibly an argument from incredulity).
For Biden to win in this fashion, he needed to shoot the moon in statistical improbabilities. You don't need to be a lifetime member of The Skeptics Society to recognize it stinks to high heaven; an extraordinary claim deserving of careful scrutiny and extraordinary proof that it was just an amazingly lucky alignment of the stars.

Most of all, if you want me or anyone to accept this was an above-board win for Biden, you need to explain how polities in just four cities in four swing states, acted not only dramatically different from similar voters in every other big city, but also dramatically different from how they themselves acted in previous elections.

-- How, across America, Biden drew <90% of the black vote, while Trump doubled his support ... except in four cities, where Biden got 98+;

-- How turnout in these four states was c.90% -- requiring essentially every single adult to cast a ballot in many city precincts -- when it'd had never topped 75%, and when black turnout elsewhere was depressed;

-- Why Biden's votes in excess of down-ballot candidates' was ten times normal ... but only in these four states;

-- Why requests for mail-in ballots skewed c. 55/45 in favor of Dems, yet the millions of ballots arriving in the wee hours of the morning skewed 97/3 for Biden;

- How Pennsylvania counted 700,000 more absentee ballots than it mailed out.

The list goes on -- far too long to be dismissed with the lazy hand-having that's been offered to date.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14861

by Service Dog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:08 am

Old_ones wrote: The republican party has been alleging Democratic voter fraud forever, but they always come up short in court for some reason. You'd think if it was such a significant and pervasive problem they'd prioritize investigating it or gathering some evidence once in a while.
Yeah, you'd think that maybe 3 days ago Lin Wood and Sydney Powell would have asked the court to preserve a copy of the voting machines' data, before it is wiped.

and they did

and then...

New Zealand Herald, 2 days ago:
Georgia court issues, then reverses order to prevent Dominion voting machines being 'wiped'

headline, yesterday:
Georgia Govt Lawyers Defended Dominion’s ‘Trade Secrets’ To Stop Forensic Analysis Of Machines/Software

Judge Batten wrote:
“Defendants’ counsel also argued that allowing such forensic inspections would pose substantial security and proprietary/trade secret risks to Defendants.”

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14860

by Matt Cavanaugh » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:00 am

Old_ones wrote: The point is this: if you want to obtain a murder conviction or overturn an election, you have a higher burden of proof. If Trump's legal team is going into a courtroom with statistical anomalies and alleging fraud on that basis, then it's no secret why that shit is being thrown out of court, and it has nothing to do with who the judge was elected by (Matt Cavanaugh). For all their problems the courts have a pretty decent framework in place for evaluating evidence....
The GOP sued PA before the election over the SOS's unconstitutional allowance of voting by mail without cause. The judge threw out the complaint on the grounds they had no standing as the election hadn't occurred yet. After the election, the judge threw out the complaint under the doctrine of 'laches', i.e., they waited too long to complain, and should have said something before the election.

The evidence itself, that PA's state constitution prohibits vote-by-mail except in certain, explicitly enumerated, for-cause instances, is uncontested.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14859

by Service Dog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:38 am

Well played.

Now go back & face the hard evidence.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14858

by Old_ones » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:21 am

OK Ralph. LOL

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14857

by Service Dog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:12 am

Old_ones wrote: Clinton was still the better human being.

I know lots about how Russiagate unfolded because I followed it closely. It was a legitimate investigation that started with evidence being given to the FBI and led to multiple convictions.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14856

by Old_ones » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:55 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Perhaps you'd like to address what I said? Do you dispute that the Democrats took steps to remove or water down safeguards? Do you dispute that lack of signature matching and ballot rejection rates are an issue? As for why lawsuits are being rejected or why they are being rejected, that is a more complex issue and it can be far more political than people assume. There are apparently many ways for judges to dismiss lawsuits they'd rather not hear which have nothing to do with the merits of the case, such as the old "no standing because Injury not yet occurred , too late, moot case, injury already occurred" bind. Trump does not need to prove any fraud at all to challenge the integrity of the results. He only needs to prove that the integrity of enough votes is in question and he has a very strong legal case. This is why the question of signature matching is crucial and why the media are spinning so hard sneering at the other avenues. The legal process has only just begun despite what the MSM is saying. It may well be up to the Supreme Court in the end. I would suggest listening to people such as Richard Baris for a more informative take on the issues with the election because comfort consumption of the vitriolic Trump hating press is not going to be very enlightening. I would also suggest listening to Robert Barnes regarding the shortcomings of judges and the legal process. While he does have some bees in his bonnet he may give you pause to reconsider how easy it is to get a case fairly heard and how political the courts can be.
I don't really have any interest in talking to you or listening to what you have to say, to be blunt. I would definitely never listen to any source recommended by you. The world you describe in your posts has no fucking relation to the one the actually exists, and I'm not really interested in crawling into some sort of Q-tard alternate reality bubble where the Mueller investigation was a coup attempt, and Donald Trump is an honest man who just can't catch a break.

Sorry if that is "disheartening". If it's any consolation you dishearten me as well.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14855

by Old_ones » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:45 am

Service Dog wrote: That's the burden of proof which I must meet. I don't have to "prove fraud". I just have to show that the accepted process of an election was not met, so the claimed-results are not reliable. And the scale of the procedural-breakdown is large-enough to matter.
You haven't shown anything about procedure or process dude. You are assuming that shit based on some statistics.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14854

by Old_ones » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:32 am

Service Dog wrote: Applying your way of thinking, Jeffrey Epstein Killed Himself.
Maybe he did. Again we don't know. That's the point.

I guess it's fine to speculate about shit that we don't really know about if it seems suspicious. But its easy to go from speculating to implying a certain outcome or perspective you want under the guise of "just asking questions". Its a motte and bailey tactic. You want the fraud bailey, but all you can defend is the anomalies motte. Conspiracy theoiries get pushed this way all the time.

The point is this: if you want to obtain a murder conviction or overturn an election, you have a higher burden of proof. If Trump's legal team is going into a courtroom with statistical anomalies and alleging fraud on that basis, then it's no secret why that shit is being thrown out of court, and it has nothing to do with who the judge was elected by (Matt Cavanaugh). For all their problems the courts have a pretty decent framework in place for evaluating evidence, and the burden of proof isn't going to be on the victor to explain some anomaly in the way the returns came in. It's going to be on the party trying to allege foul play.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14853

by Old_ones » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:11 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Oh FFS! It really is disheartening. None of the exposure of how Russiagate unfolded ever happened, it as all just "wailing". It was his "own government". You seem to know very little of what actually transpired but then I suspect you don't care.
Clinton folded because she didn't have a case and she knew it. She didn't respect the result, she went on and on about Trump being an illegitimate president citing an investigation she manufactured.
As opposed to Trump, who doesn't have a case, and still doesn't concede. Maybe he doesn't know it. He's such a pathological liar it's really hard to gauge what he actually believes. As usual, Clinton was still the better human being.

I know lots about how Russiagate unfolded because I followed it closely. It was a legitimate investigation that started with evidence being given to the FBI and led to multiple convictions. It ultimately did not unseat Trump or lead to any of his family being indicted. This was not because no evidence of contacts with Russia existed. There were contacts between Manafort and Kilimnik for instance, which were suspicious. It just wasn't enough. I'm referring to it in shorthand because the details are beside the point. If it was a coup then so was the Whitewater investigation and the Watergate investigation.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14852

by Service Dog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:10 am

Old_ones wrote: You've heard the adage "correlation does not imply causation", yes? This is the same principal.
You're willing to grant correlation, then? The stat report is correct in the correlations they've identified, yeah?
Excellent.
If you want to go on to allege that fraud is the reason for the improbable pattern in the data you have to have additional evidence for that.
You're barking at a strawman. I don't "want to go on to allege that fraud is the reason for the improbable pattern".

All I want to do is:
1. Show the 4 anomalies contained so many votes-- that the election was decided by them.
2. The proper procedures which make an election valid-- were not in effect in the times & places those 4 batches were counted.

That's the burden of proof which I must meet. I don't have to "prove fraud". I just have to show that the accepted process of an election was not met, so the claimed-results are not reliable. And the scale of the procedural-breakdown is large-enough to matter.

I warned you not to employ the same-old arguments used to debate Creationists. You disregarded my warning. If we were debating God or Evolution-- and we reached an impasse-- there would be no back-up system to determine who won the argument.

But Minnesota, Wisconsin, Georgia and the United States -do- have back-up systems in place-- to choose electors-- when the popular election process has failed.

The stat report tells us where to look for the failure. The official election observers have provided affidavits that the process was abandoned. The state houses and courts have the power to act on that evidence.
Nothing Is Missing From The Case.
Actually-- y'know whut--

I've let you move the goalposts. The case I made above is the case the election-skeptics need to make, to set-aside the contested vote counts.

The case -I- need to make is that the evidence against your "voter mindset" thesis is so overwhelming, that the burden is on you to explain how your claim could possibly be true. So far-- your only explanation is that a series of neigh-impossible coincidences-- across multiple dimensions of data-- all fell the exact right way. Applying your way of thinking, Jeffrey Epstein Killed Himself.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14851

by ThreeFlangedJavis » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:48 am

Old_ones wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:55 pm
Service Dog wrote: Old_ones, Kiwi, screwtape, Hunt--

You'll find more to like in my posts... if you understand which 'side' I'm actually on.

A big part of why I stopped voting-- was reading about journalists-- decades ago-- who covered previous presidential campaigns. Ones who made the decision to not-vote as soon as they took the campaign assignment-- to lessen their own bias.

Similar to the phenomenon seen on Wall Street-- in which people who are Winning or Losing money on a certain stock-- perform worse at predicting that stock's future-- than people who do not hold any shares of that stock.

I've tried to adopt Moldbug's advice: try to look at current events the way a Historian would study Sumerians vs Akkadians in 2300 B.C.
Don't get emotionally involved with deeming one side 'my side' and the other side 'the bad guys'. See it as distant & nothing-to-do-with you personally.

Still-- sometimes I take it personally. I have sentimental ties to Iowa. So I took it personally when the Iowa Democratic Party used a fishy app called "Shadow"-- developed by cronies of Pete Buttigieg-- to steal that race from Bernie Sanders. Both on election-night... and in the following days... as votes were tabulated with Impossible Math.

Am I taking it too personally right now? Have I become a shill? For who? Certainly not "The Republicans" because I don't think "The Republicans" is a useful category, anymore. "The Republicans" are as schism-ed as "The Atheist Community".

I think Giuliani is a corrupt vampire. I'm pretty sure there's a post on here-- back, several Christmases ago-- about how I bumped into Giuliani on the street in Manhattan-- with no security guards between him & me-- and I was rattled by the split-second decision-- whehter to throttle his throat and slam his head to the ground-- before anyone could stop me. I kept walking and my clothes soaked-thru with hot sweat instantly-- I was zooming with adrenaline. I had to go to a friend's nearby apartment and take a cold shower.

I find Robert Barnes' assessment of Trump lawyers Lin Wood and Sydney Powell-- to be very credible. Barnes says Lin Wood is an incompetent glory hog putting Kyle Rittenhouse's defense in jeopardy. And Sydney Powell can't resist co-signing every specious wild conspiracy theory she hears. Meanwhile, I cast a jaundiced eye at Barnes-- his self-regard is grandiose.

=

I don't think I'm a 'sore loser'. I think my actual side has won: I think the Dems cheated-- but even if Biden becomes president-- he's as damaged as O.J. Simpson prevailing against murder charges. Same with Big Tech and Media-- they have mortally wounded themselves with their censorship and propaganda and psyops and privacy-invasion. I think Trump's brush-with-losing is what motivated him to muzzle the CIA... and order half our troops home from Iraq, Afghanistan & Syria... and appoint antiwar-dream-candidate Doug MacGregor as Pentagon advisor. Democrats and Republicans have been startled-awake to the possibility of stolen elections-- even-if they're content about this steal. Republican voters are seeing which of their peers are Lincoln Project traitors or spineless hacks. Dems are poised for a civil war between BLM-Antifa-Bernie freaks and bland NPCs. The Trump fanclub over at TheDonald.win are also overdue for a cold-splash of harsh reality, if Trump is unseated. The Covid alarmists have overplayed their hand. The teacher's unions are exposed as anti-student. Legions of moronic neighbors have shown their true colors for all to see. Win win win, everywhere I look.
I don't see much to love in your last paragraph there. It sounds like accelerating chaos and social upheaval, and I'm not a fan of those things.

Not that I agree with your characterization of most of it. There were rumblings about the Republicans having stolen the 2016 election* (i.e. the Russia business) but Hillary Clinton respected the apparent will of the voters and conceded to Trump quite rapidly. Trump and his supporters wailed for a couple years that the Mueller investigation was a coup attempt, but that was Trump's own fucking government investigating him and he made it worse by publicly trying to obstruct it. If the FBI wanted to investigate this election, that would be a clear parallel, but so far there is no sign of that happening. Instead we have a big baby who lost as clean an election as we ever have, who won't accept it because of his own psychological pathologies. Maybe all these "irregularities" I keep hearing about are a sign of cheating, but I'm waiting for evidence that will hold up in court. But I digress.

I can agree with Moldbug on a few things. One of the main ones being his criticism that Democratic government is inherently disorderly and unhelpful for social cohesion. That hits at a concern I have for America and the western world after the mainstreaming of SJW identity politics. If we can't hold together and function, we'll marginalize ourselves. The economic and cultural momentum will go to societies like China that aren't fighting low grade civil war. I don't look at this year as much of a "win" from that perspective. But getting a dangerous irritant out of the White House is a good start at least. Alongside his war on federal norms and the independence of the Justice Department he's also played right into the hands of the SJW left, and given them more clout than they've ever had. You can expect "Trump" to be a one word rebuttal to any criticism leveled at that ideology for the next 20 years. It could be that we need someone who will take a similar stand to Trump on that ideology, but it needs to be someone clever enough to use the inconsistencies of that ideology against itself, and someone who presents a valid alternative for concerned moderates. Not the kind of blunt instrument who would put "corrupt vampires" and "paint huffers" on their legal team, because, you know, they don't actually care about the content of their lawsuits when they challenge something as important as a national election.

_________________________________
* In actual fact there is a contingent of Democrats that has proclaimed every election to be rigged by the Republicans since 2000 (or at least worried about it) and they always seem surprised when the win some of them. I heard a bunch of this same bullshit about "irregularities" and "statistical anomalies" in 2004. It just got little to no press because John Kerry didn't litigate any of it or promote it in any way.
Oh FFS! It really is disheartening. None of the exposure of how Russiagate unfolded ever happened, it as all just "wailing". It was his "own government". You seem to know very little of what actually transpired but then I suspect you don't care.
Clinton folded because she didn't have a case and she knew it. She didn't respect the result, she went on and on about Trump being an illegitimate president citing an investigation she manufactured.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14850

by screwtape » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:41 am

Hunt wrote: Trump's hand was played out anyway. He was never going to reform health care, never overturn Obamacare, never build the wall, never rebuild American manufacturing, and never realign American economics with China. His goose was cooked at least two years ago. He would have been lame duck for four straight years.
Lame Duck à L'Orange!

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14849

by Service Dog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:19 am

Hunt wrote: Mail-in ballots are often not processed until election day, and the results don't appear tabulated until late at night.
You really should read the stat report. It addresses this. There were many many batches of votes. Including batches of mail-in votes. All of the batches fell within a clear cluster on the graph, containing 99.92% of the batches.

4 batches of votes fell leaps-and-bounds outside the 99.92% cluster. If "those were mail-in votes" were the simple explanation, then other batches of mail-in votes would ALSO be skewed to a similar to degree Biden-over-Trump. But no-such comparable batches exist.

What are the odds that ALL FOUR UnusuallyLarge+UnusuallySlanted batches of ballots also-happened to randomly appear in the exact right battleground states? <-- That's not a rhetorical question. The report calculates those odds as 0.11%

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14848

by ThreeFlangedJavis » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:19 am

Old_ones wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:38 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 pm
Somehow the Democrats managed to steal the presidential election while losing ground in the House of Representatives and having a disappointing showing in the Senate. Yeah, that totally looks like fraud. That's not anything like how it would look if a groundswell of people wanted to get rid of an incompetent menace, but didn't totally trust Democrats because of the insanity brewing on the left wing of the spectrum.
The Democrats know exactly how mail balloting fraud works because they have always been vocal about things like signature checking when they think it helps them and yet they launched a big propaganda campaign in the run up to the election spinning Trump's complaints about election security as a sign of an attempted coup. They did this while litigating to strip safeguards where they could and now you have the disputed states steadfastly resisting signature checking and continuing their monitoring obstruction during recounts. Given normal amounts of rejected mail ballots Trump wins easily. These anomalies are over and above the effect of the MSM and social media stifling negative stories about Biden and positive stories about Trump. Around nine percent of polled Biden voters have said they'd have changed their vote if they'd been aware of these stories.

Face it, Trump wins if safeguards are respected, it's now just a monumental task to get the courts to agree and they like to find ways of dismissing such cases on procedural grounds.
Bullshit. The courts are throwing this shit out of court because of a lack of merit. Here is a sample.

President Trump's legal team say voters in Democrat-leaning areas were given more of an opportunity to correct any mistakes on their postal ballots - but on 21 November a judge in Pennsylvania rejected their case, saying it presented "strained legal arguments without merit".

...

And on 27 November, a federal appeals court rejected a request to block Joe Biden from being declared winner in Pennsylvania, saying: "Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here".

...

The Trump campaign filed a lawsuit in Arizona on 7 November, claiming some legal votes were rejected.
The case cites declarations by some poll watchers and two voters who claim they had problems with voting machines.
But Arizona's Secretary of State said this was "grasping at straws", and on 13 November Trump's team dropped the suit.
...

Georgia Republican chairman David Shafer tweeted that party observers saw a woman "mix over 50 ballots into the stack of uncounted absentee ballots". On 5 November, a judge dismissed this lawsuit, saying there was "no evidence" of improper ballot mixing.
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54724960

Supposing the others are getting tossed on procedural grounds, I guess there is your argument for not electing an imbecile. Its easy enough to find council that can read a procedural law book and find the court with jurisdiction to file the suit in.

As for the rest of it: prove it.

The republican party has been alleging Democratic voter fraud forever, but they always come up short in court for some reason. You'd think if it was such a significant and pervasive problem they'd prioritize investigating it or gathering some evidence once in a while.
Perhaps you'd like to address what I said? Do you dispute that the Democrats took steps to remove or water down safeguards? Do you dispute that lack of signature matching and ballot rejection rates are an issue? As for why lawsuits are being rejected or why they are being rejected, that is a more complex issue and it can be far more political than people assume. There are apparently many ways for judges to dismiss lawsuits they'd rather not hear which have nothing to do with the merits of the case, such as the old "no standing because Injury not yet occurred , too late, moot case, injury already occurred" bind. Trump does not need to prove any fraud at all to challenge the integrity of the results. He only needs to prove that the integrity of enough votes is in question and he has a very strong legal case. This is why the question of signature matching is crucial and why the media are spinning so hard sneering at the other avenues. The legal process has only just begun despite what the MSM is saying. It may well be up to the Supreme Court in the end. I would suggest listening to people such as Richard Baris for a more informative take on the issues with the election because comfort consumption of the vitriolic Trump hating press is not going to be very enlightening. I would also suggest listening to Robert Barnes regarding the shortcomings of judges and the legal process. While he does have some bees in his bonnet he may give you pause to reconsider how easy it is to get a case fairly heard and how political the courts can be.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14847

by KiwiInOz » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:25 am

And of course mail in ballots are batched.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14846

by Hunt » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:09 am

Old_ones wrote: Here's my stupid voting irregularity explanation: God actually does exist, and he likes America so he wanted Biden to win. So he made all those ballots appear late at night because Jedi mind tricking people into voting for Biden would violate free will (and Christians usually think that's a problem for some reason). I dunno if you will accept that, but right now it's just as supported by the evidence as yours, unless you've been holding out on me.
The probable explanation is a bit more mundane. Dems historically vote by mail in much larger percentages. Mail-in ballots are often not processed until election day, and the results don't appear tabulated until late at night. Sanders laid it out a week and a half before election night:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14845

by KiwiInOz » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:33 pm

What the old fella said.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14844

by Old_ones » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:11 pm

Service Dog wrote: We're all familiar with Creationists pointing-to the statistical improbability of Earth maintaining a habitable temperature, or one specific sperm winning the race to fertilize an egg-- multiplied across countless generations-- as evidence of the Hand Of God exerting supernatural influence.
And we're all familiar with the Atheist retort-- Reality is what it is. After the fact, the odds of things being the way they are is 100%. Things had to be some-way. It turned out this way. Any big data set has improbable freak occurrences.

Well we aren't talking about The Big Bang, Evolution, Quantuum Physics. This is just an election in a few hick states in a few run-down cities.

When we see "profoundly" "bizarre" "too extreme along multiple dimensions to be accepted at face value" "aberrations" of Biblical Proportions-- it's probably-not necessary to invoke Schrodinger's Cat rolling dice in the voting machine. There's nothing profound about it.

And when the skeptics are ordered to stand 60 feet away from the magic trick-- and the judges refuse to look at the evidence before ruling-- there's a real obvious explanation for that too.

==
One aspect of the stat report worth mentioning-- is a bit of 'what if' at the end. Looking at the 4 hugest latenight batches of votes for Biden which were such freakish outliers-- that they deviate beyond the cluster which includes 99.92% of batches. The report asks: what if those specific results weren't Quite So amazingly unusual... in the EXACT RIGHT BATTLEGROUNDS where Biden NEEDED to win? What if those batches were only slanted toward Biden at the 99% percentile edge-of-probability? ...suddenly Biden sheds 118,000 votes in Wisconsin. 123,000 in Michigan. 85,000 in Georgia. Biden sheds 42 electoral college votes. 42

That's quite a rounding-error.
You evidently don't understand what's wrong with the creationist rhetoric you are citing.

Your statistics can't tell you fraud or anything else about why the votes are what they are. They can tell you when something is unlikely to have occurred by chance. You've heard the adage "correlation does not imply causation", yes? This is the same principal. If you want to go on to allege that fraud is the reason for the improbable pattern in the data you have to have additional evidence for that.

Jumping to any particular conclusion on the basis of "this is unlikely to be the product of chance" is an argument from ignorance (and possibly an argument from incredulity).

That logic applies whether you are trying to conclude that voter fraud, or the existence of god, or an explanation that geography and voting method are the cause of the oddity. People tend to pull this rhetorical approach when they like a particular explanation and want to argue that their conclusion should win by default if no other theory seems to be supported. That's what you are doing here:
service dog wrote:There's nothing preventing you from concocting all sorts of "explanations" with no burden of defending them, flitting on to the next one, each time the last is exposed to be wildly-improbable.
I'll grant you that any "explanation" I concoct, is no better than the one you've concocted, but that's sort of the point. Any proposed explanation is going to require additional evidence, including yours.

And that's why I said this thing that you completely ignored:
Old_ones wrote:
What's missing is specific evidence that those ballots were introduced illegally. If election workers came in with fake ballots stuffed in their pockets, then you need evidence of that specifically. Its the same answer I have for people who say that the Russians hacked voting machines in 2016. Show me forensics or shut the fuck up.
Here's my stupid voting irregularity explanation: God actually does exist, and he likes America so he wanted Biden to win. So he made all those ballots appear late at night because Jedi mind tricking people into voting for Biden would violate free will (and Christians usually think that's a problem for some reason). I dunno if you will accept that, but right now it's just as supported by the evidence as yours, unless you've been holding out on me.

Thanks for posting all of this - its good to get to discuss the principals of skepticism again. It seems like it's a waning interest around here these days.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14843

by Matt Cavanaugh » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:59 pm

https://thespectator.info/2020/11/19/el ... -michigan/
" In the data are 4 spikes totaling 384,733 ballots allegedly processed in a combined interval of only 2 hours and 38 minutes. This is physically impossible given the available equipment at the 4 reference locations.”

“Wayne County uses Dominion Equipment, where 46 out of 47 precincts/townships display a highly unlikely 96%_ as the number of votes cast, using the Secretary of State’s number of voters in the precint/township; and 25 of those 7 precincts/townships show 100% turnout.”

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14842

by Hunt » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:56 pm

Old_ones wrote: I accept your concession, btw. If the election was actually stolen, and nothing ever comes of it because Trump is such an imbecile that he can't even put together a decent legal team, I'm happy to treat that as a kind of political Darwin Award. In some ways I actually like that better than the idea that he lost fairly.

A fitting end to a wasted presidency.
I couldn't have said it better. That would actually be the poetically just end to Trump.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14841

by Brive1987 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:46 pm

Lsuoma wrote: But the Abos will just call ACT to get the very best of everything, right?

"We'll tell the government it's a sacred site. Dead fucking easy!"
The day the yellow peril truly come knocking will be an ...

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14840

by Service Dog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:46 pm

We're all familiar with Creationists pointing-to the statistical improbability of Earth maintaining a habitable temperature, or one specific sperm winning the race to fertilize an egg-- multiplied across countless generations-- as evidence of the Hand Of God exerting supernatural influence.
And we're all familiar with the Atheist retort-- Reality is what it is. After the fact, the odds of things being the way they are is 100%. Things had to be some-way. It turned out this way. Any big data set has improbable freak occurrences.

Well we aren't talking about The Big Bang, Evolution, Quantuum Physics. This is just an election in a few hick states in a few run-down cities.

When we see "profoundly" "bizarre" "too extreme along multiple dimensions to be accepted at face value" "aberrations" of Biblical Proportions-- it's probably-not necessary to invoke Schrodinger's Cat rolling dice in the voting machine. There's nothing profound about it.

And when the skeptics are ordered to stand 60 feet away from the magic trick-- and the judges refuse to look at the evidence before ruling-- there's a real obvious explanation for that too.

==
One aspect of the stat report worth mentioning-- is a bit of 'what if' at the end. Looking at the 4 hugest latenight batches of votes for Biden which were such freakish outliers-- that they deviate beyond the cluster which includes 99.92% of batches. The report asks: what if those specific results weren't Quite So amazingly unusual... in the EXACT RIGHT BATTLEGROUNDS where Biden NEEDED to win? What if those batches were only slanted toward Biden at the 99% percentile edge-of-probability? ...suddenly Biden sheds 118,000 votes in Wisconsin. 123,000 in Michigan. 85,000 in Georgia. Biden sheds 42 electoral college votes. 42

That's quite a rounding-error.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14839

by Lsuoma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:38 pm

But the Abos will just call ACT to get the very best of everything, right?

"We'll tell the government it's a sacred site. Dead fucking easy!"

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14838

by Brive1987 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:03 pm

China is ramping up it’s foreign policy black-mail. We have the $20Bn trade war. Now they are celebrating our war crimes in Afghanistan as a reason to ignore their own holocausts.

And lily-white Russia is fully supporting them.
https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/china ... 56j4p.html

My working assumption is that every Chinese person in Oz has a BMW/Mercedes because it’s ChiCom supplied ...

“I have a bad feeling about this”

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14837

by Service Dog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Old_ones wrote: I'm willing to bet you could explain it with information about geography of the ballots and voting method.
Perhaps so.

There's nothing preventing you from concocting all sorts of "explanations" with no burden of defending them, flitting on to the next one, each time the last is exposed to be wildly-improbable.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14836

by Lsuoma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Just so Burzho has something to fap to.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14835

by Lsuoma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:56 pm

jtpmmdi.jpg
(93.38 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14834

by Old_ones » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:18 pm

Service Dog wrote:All that's required-- to believe that Old_ones is correct-- about the mindset of voters preferring a Biden/Republican mixed-win...

...all that's required is you gotta ALSO believe that the only voters who thought that way-- also somehow happened to have their ballots counted ALL AT THE SAME TIME, in the same wee hour batches in each State. Whether they mailed their ballots in. Or voted in the morning. Or voted in the evening. Or early-voted in person weeks-earlier. Somehow the people who saw the world the way Old_ones sez they did... all got their ballots arranged in long uninterrupted homogenous strings, counted by the exact-same late-shift of vote counters.
Is this really your punchline? Yeah, I have no problem believing that. I'm willing to bet you could explain it with information about geography of the ballots and voting method. If it's a bunch of mail in votes from big cities, I don't think it needs a lot of extra investigation. And frankly It doesn't actually need explaining absent other incriminating evidence. Funny coincidences happen all the time. Like I said, there were Democrats who posted pages of this shit about the Ohio election in 2004. The exit polls were off and the returns had funny patterns... whatever.

What's missing is specific evidence that those ballots were introduced illegally. If election workers came in with fake ballots stuffed in their pockets, then you need evidence of that specifically. Its the same answer I have for people who say that the Russians hacked voting machines in 2016. Show me forensics or shut the fuck up.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14833

by Service Dog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:17 pm

Here we go again. Breaking news, 12 minutes ago:

"Georgia recount in Fulton County delayed by Dominion server crash: Report"
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ash-report

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14832

by Service Dog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:10 pm

Old_ones wrote: don't see much to love in your last paragraph there. It sounds like accelerating chaos and social upheaval, and I'm not a fan of those things.
Thanks for explaining how you see things. I don't think your perspective is crazy (like, for example, QAnon).

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14831

by Old_ones » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:05 pm

I accept your concession, btw. If the election was actually stolen, and nothing ever comes of it because Trump is such an imbecile that he can't even put together a decent legal team, I'm happy to treat that as a kind of political Darwin Award. In some ways I actually like that better than the idea that he lost fairly.

A fitting end to a wasted presidency.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14830

by Old_ones » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:58 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Old_ones wrote: The republican party has been alleging Democratic voter fraud forever, but they always come up short in court for some reason. You'd think if it was such a significant and pervasive problem they'd prioritize investigating it or gathering some evidence once in a while.
What part of 'elected Democrat judges' don't you get?

I'll concede that the trump legal team's performance has been sloppy, slow, and disjointed. But as for evidence, there is tons of it.
The part where it makes any fucking difference.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14829

by Service Dog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Hunt wrote: Trump's hand was played out anyway. .... He would have been lame duck for four straight years.
I would have agreed-- before the election. But he has belatedly opened up pandora's box against the FBI, CIA, disloyal Republicans, Big Tech, Fake News, the endless-warmongers, welfare-queen democrat cities, corrupt elections, lockdown fanatics...

seems like all that would thunder-forward if he manages to win 4 more years.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14828

by Old_ones » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:55 pm

Service Dog wrote: Old_ones, Kiwi, screwtape, Hunt--

You'll find more to like in my posts... if you understand which 'side' I'm actually on.

A big part of why I stopped voting-- was reading about journalists-- decades ago-- who covered previous presidential campaigns. Ones who made the decision to not-vote as soon as they took the campaign assignment-- to lessen their own bias.

Similar to the phenomenon seen on Wall Street-- in which people who are Winning or Losing money on a certain stock-- perform worse at predicting that stock's future-- than people who do not hold any shares of that stock.

I've tried to adopt Moldbug's advice: try to look at current events the way a Historian would study Sumerians vs Akkadians in 2300 B.C.
Don't get emotionally involved with deeming one side 'my side' and the other side 'the bad guys'. See it as distant & nothing-to-do-with you personally.

Still-- sometimes I take it personally. I have sentimental ties to Iowa. So I took it personally when the Iowa Democratic Party used a fishy app called "Shadow"-- developed by cronies of Pete Buttigieg-- to steal that race from Bernie Sanders. Both on election-night... and in the following days... as votes were tabulated with Impossible Math.

Am I taking it too personally right now? Have I become a shill? For who? Certainly not "The Republicans" because I don't think "The Republicans" is a useful category, anymore. "The Republicans" are as schism-ed as "The Atheist Community".

I think Giuliani is a corrupt vampire. I'm pretty sure there's a post on here-- back, several Christmases ago-- about how I bumped into Giuliani on the street in Manhattan-- with no security guards between him & me-- and I was rattled by the split-second decision-- whehter to throttle his throat and slam his head to the ground-- before anyone could stop me. I kept walking and my clothes soaked-thru with hot sweat instantly-- I was zooming with adrenaline. I had to go to a friend's nearby apartment and take a cold shower.

I find Robert Barnes' assessment of Trump lawyers Lin Wood and Sydney Powell-- to be very credible. Barnes says Lin Wood is an incompetent glory hog putting Kyle Rittenhouse's defense in jeopardy. And Sydney Powell can't resist co-signing every specious wild conspiracy theory she hears. Meanwhile, I cast a jaundiced eye at Barnes-- his self-regard is grandiose.

=

I don't think I'm a 'sore loser'. I think my actual side has won: I think the Dems cheated-- but even if Biden becomes president-- he's as damaged as O.J. Simpson prevailing against murder charges. Same with Big Tech and Media-- they have mortally wounded themselves with their censorship and propaganda and psyops and privacy-invasion. I think Trump's brush-with-losing is what motivated him to muzzle the CIA... and order half our troops home from Iraq, Afghanistan & Syria... and appoint antiwar-dream-candidate Doug MacGregor as Pentagon advisor. Democrats and Republicans have been startled-awake to the possibility of stolen elections-- even-if they're content about this steal. Republican voters are seeing which of their peers are Lincoln Project traitors or spineless hacks. Dems are poised for a civil war between BLM-Antifa-Bernie freaks and bland NPCs. The Trump fanclub over at TheDonald.win are also overdue for a cold-splash of harsh reality, if Trump is unseated. The Covid alarmists have overplayed their hand. The teacher's unions are exposed as anti-student. Legions of moronic neighbors have shown their true colors for all to see. Win win win, everywhere I look.
I don't see much to love in your last paragraph there. It sounds like accelerating chaos and social upheaval, and I'm not a fan of those things.

Not that I agree with your characterization of most of it. There were rumblings about the Republicans having stolen the 2016 election* (i.e. the Russia business) but Hillary Clinton respected the apparent will of the voters and conceded to Trump quite rapidly. Trump and his supporters wailed for a couple years that the Mueller investigation was a coup attempt, but that was Trump's own fucking government investigating him and he made it worse by publicly trying to obstruct it. If the FBI wanted to investigate this election, that would be a clear parallel, but so far there is no sign of that happening. Instead we have a big baby who lost as clean an election as we ever have, who won't accept it because of his own psychological pathologies. Maybe all these "irregularities" I keep hearing about are a sign of cheating, but I'm waiting for evidence that will hold up in court. But I digress.

I can agree with Moldbug on a few things. One of the main ones being his criticism that Democratic government is inherently disorderly and unhelpful for social cohesion. That hits at a concern I have for America and the western world after the mainstreaming of SJW identity politics. If we can't hold together and function, we'll marginalize ourselves. The economic and cultural momentum will go to societies like China that aren't fighting low grade civil war. I don't look at this year as much of a "win" from that perspective. But getting a dangerous irritant out of the White House is a good start at least. Alongside his war on federal norms and the independence of the Justice Department he's also played right into the hands of the SJW left, and given them more clout than they've ever had. You can expect "Trump" to be a one word rebuttal to any criticism leveled at that ideology for the next 20 years. It could be that we need someone who will take a similar stand to Trump on that ideology, but it needs to be someone clever enough to use the inconsistencies of that ideology against itself, and someone who presents a valid alternative for concerned moderates. Not the kind of blunt instrument who would put "corrupt vampires" and "paint huffers" on their legal team, because, you know, they don't actually care about the content of their lawsuits when they challenge something as important as a national election.

_________________________________
* In actual fact there is a contingent of Democrats that has proclaimed every election to be rigged by the Republicans since 2000 (or at least worried about it) and they always seem surprised when the win some of them. I heard a bunch of this same bullshit about "irregularities" and "statistical anomalies" in 2004. It just got little to no press because John Kerry didn't litigate any of it or promote it in any way.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14827

by Service Dog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Old_ones wrote: He was never capable of any of that even if he were interested. He made a half-hearted effort with the wall and the trade war, at least, even if it never really accomplished anything. The boarder wall still cracks me up...

SAN DIEGO — Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Who was it on here who used to berate those loopy liberals for arguing that a Wall wouldn't stop illegal boarder crossing? I guess the devil is in the details even when something nice and simple like a Wall is involved.
Oh YES the Devil is INDEED in the details.

Trump negotiated a deal with Mexico: MEXICO agreed to PAY FOR damage to THE WALL. :lol: :dance: :clap: :rimshot:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... rder-fence

Please, continue bloviating about how Trump is incapable of achieving his promises. :snooty:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14826

by KiwiInOz » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Old_ones wrote: The republican party has been alleging Democratic voter fraud forever, but they always come up short in court for some reason. You'd think if it was such a significant and pervasive problem they'd prioritize investigating it or gathering some evidence once in a while.
What part of 'elected Democrat judges' don't you get?

I'll concede that the trump legal team's performance has been sloppy, slow, and disjointed. But as for evidence, there is tons of it.
Are you talking about the evidence for God's creation? Its all around and numinous.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14825

by Service Dog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Old_ones wrote: Somehow the Democrats managed to steal the presidential election while losing ground in the House of Representatives and having a disappointing showing in the Senate. Yeah, that totally looks like fraud. That's not anything like how it would look if a groundswell of people wanted to get rid of an incompetent menace, but didn't totally trust Democrats because of the insanity brewing on the left wing of the spectrum.
Old_ones,

You have offered an alternate explanation-- as-to why a "groundswell" of voters might have turned-out to vote for Biden over Trump, while voting for Republicans downballot (or leaving the downballot blank). Your explanation is based on those voters having a distaste for Trump/ but also a distaste for leftwing-Democrat rule. No fraud required, for the outcome. Just a certain mindset prevalent among voters.

I think the validity of your "mindset" thesis vs. the "fraud" thesis-- is testable.

4 hours ago, Senator Rand Paul tweeted a link to a statistical analysis of voting patterns.
https://votepatternanalysis.substack.co ... alies-2020

The statisticians were careful to offer this disclaimer: "data analysis cannot on its own demonstrate fraud or systemic issues, it can point us to statistically anomalous cases". Fair enough.

I'll attempt to paraphrase their methodology: For any-given batch of votes counted, we know the total number of votes contained in that batch. And we know the ratio of votes in that batch cast for Biden vs. Trump vs. Other. And-- this election is somewhat unusual-- because the public also has access to timestamp data showing WHEN each batch of votes was counted.

The statisticians plotted the batches as dots on a graph-- with one axis showing how large the batch was, and another axis showing the ratio of votes for Biden vs. Trump.

The report showcases one specific anomaly: The LARGEST batches of votes are also the batches with ratios most-heavily SKEWED toward Biden over Trump. In a normal distribution-- the smallest batches would be the most prone to being skewed outside the overall average ratio-- because smaller sample-sizes are less reliable snapshots of the entire field. It just-so-happens that these LARGEST, MOST-ANOMALOUS batches are the ones which arrived around 4 a.m. under the least oversight. And the size+degree-of-skewedness of these oddball batches... is enough to account for Biden's entire lead over Trump.


(I've only read the first half of the report. If there are other showstopper conclusions-- I haven't gotten that far yet.)

Fortunately, for our purpose-- testing Old_one's 'voter mindset' hypothesis-- one need-not vet the entire stat report & 100% accept their methodology and findings.

All that's required-- to believe that Old_ones is correct-- about the mindset of voters preferring a Biden/Republican mixed-win...

...all that's required is you gotta ALSO believe that the only voters who thought that way-- also somehow happened to have their ballots counted ALL AT THE SAME TIME, in the same wee hour batches in each State. Whether they mailed their ballots in. Or voted in the morning. Or voted in the evening. Or early-voted in person weeks-earlier. Somehow the people who saw the world the way Old_ones sez they did... all got their ballots arranged in long uninterrupted homogenous strings, counted by the exact-same late-shift of vote counters.

EIther that or the OFF THE CHARTS LARGE/ OFF THE CHARTS PRO-BIDEN late-night dumps contained massive fraud.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14824

by Matt Cavanaugh » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:12 pm

Old_ones wrote: The republican party has been alleging Democratic voter fraud forever, but they always come up short in court for some reason. You'd think if it was such a significant and pervasive problem they'd prioritize investigating it or gathering some evidence once in a while.
What part of 'elected Democrat judges' don't you get?

I'll concede that the trump legal team's performance has been sloppy, slow, and disjointed. But as for evidence, there is tons of it.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14823

by Old_ones » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:37 pm

Hunt wrote: Trump's hand was played out anyway. He was never going to reform health care, never overturn Obamacare, never build the wall, never rebuild American manufacturing, and never realign American economics with China. His goose was cooked at least two years ago. He would have been lame duck for four straight years.
He was never capable of any of that even if he were interested. He made a half-hearted effort with the wall and the trade war, at least, even if it never really accomplished anything. The boarder wall still cracks me up...

SAN DIEGO — Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Who was it on here who used to berate those loopy liberals for arguing that a Wall wouldn't stop illegal boarder crossing? I guess the devil is in the details even when something nice and simple like a Wall is involved.

:lol:

The sad part of all of this is that we've had leadership for four years now that has been somewhere in the grey area between incompetence and vandalism. I don't have strong feelings about Biden, but I doubt he will get very much done either, and he's the embodiment of centrist democratic political orthodoxy.

If anything good were to come out of the Trump years, it would probably involve the Overton window having been enlarged enough for another candidate to emerge who will challenge norms and political orthodoxy in a way that is productive and intelligent. I guess it remains to be seen whether that will happen.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14822

by Old_ones » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:38 pm

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 pm
Somehow the Democrats managed to steal the presidential election while losing ground in the House of Representatives and having a disappointing showing in the Senate. Yeah, that totally looks like fraud. That's not anything like how it would look if a groundswell of people wanted to get rid of an incompetent menace, but didn't totally trust Democrats because of the insanity brewing on the left wing of the spectrum.
The Democrats know exactly how mail balloting fraud works because they have always been vocal about things like signature checking when they think it helps them and yet they launched a big propaganda campaign in the run up to the election spinning Trump's complaints about election security as a sign of an attempted coup. They did this while litigating to strip safeguards where they could and now you have the disputed states steadfastly resisting signature checking and continuing their monitoring obstruction during recounts. Given normal amounts of rejected mail ballots Trump wins easily. These anomalies are over and above the effect of the MSM and social media stifling negative stories about Biden and positive stories about Trump. Around nine percent of polled Biden voters have said they'd have changed their vote if they'd been aware of these stories.

Face it, Trump wins if safeguards are respected, it's now just a monumental task to get the courts to agree and they like to find ways of dismissing such cases on procedural grounds.
Bullshit. The courts are throwing this shit out of court because of a lack of merit. Here is a sample.

President Trump's legal team say voters in Democrat-leaning areas were given more of an opportunity to correct any mistakes on their postal ballots - but on 21 November a judge in Pennsylvania rejected their case, saying it presented "strained legal arguments without merit".

...

And on 27 November, a federal appeals court rejected a request to block Joe Biden from being declared winner in Pennsylvania, saying: "Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here".

...

The Trump campaign filed a lawsuit in Arizona on 7 November, claiming some legal votes were rejected.
The case cites declarations by some poll watchers and two voters who claim they had problems with voting machines.
But Arizona's Secretary of State said this was "grasping at straws", and on 13 November Trump's team dropped the suit.
...

Georgia Republican chairman David Shafer tweeted that party observers saw a woman "mix over 50 ballots into the stack of uncounted absentee ballots". On 5 November, a judge dismissed this lawsuit, saying there was "no evidence" of improper ballot mixing.
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54724960

Supposing the others are getting tossed on procedural grounds, I guess there is your argument for not electing an imbecile. Its easy enough to find council that can read a procedural law book and find the court with jurisdiction to file the suit in.

As for the rest of it: prove it.

The republican party has been alleging Democratic voter fraud forever, but they always come up short in court for some reason. You'd think if it was such a significant and pervasive problem they'd prioritize investigating it or gathering some evidence once in a while.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#14821

by Service Dog » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:48 pm

The day before the election. "Should we go out & vote, honey?"...


Top