Worried About Matt Dillahunty

A place to discuss the foibles of our favourite bloggers
noblehawk2

Worried About Matt Dillahunty

Post by noblehawk2 »

Worried About Matt Dillahunty:
Hi guys, now this is my first post and i certainly don’t wish to alarm anyone but, I am worried. I have noticed over the past several months that the name of Matt Dillahunty crops up less and less in normal Atheist conversations. Now obviously selling out you principles for money and then stabbing in the back all your mates (Thunderf00t etc) was always a high risk strategy and likely to end in tears but his silence is quite deafening ! Recently I actually heard a rumour that PCM and RW had both been put on suicide watch just on the off chance. Maybe what he needs is a “re-branding”, it’s worked for others in the past, I mean I still think Scep-chick was a smart name (which begs the question who thought it up for them), so possibly he could change his Blog or You Tube channel to something like “Scep-prick” ? Just a thought...................

Skep tickle

Re: Worried About Matt Dillahunty

Post by Skep tickle »

noblehawk2 wrote:Worried About Matt Dillahunty:
Hi guys, now this is my first post and i certainly don’t wish to alarm anyone but, I am worried. I have noticed over the past several months that the name of Matt Dillahunty crops up less and less in normal Atheist conversations. Now obviously selling out you principles for money and then stabbing in the back all your mates (Thunderf00t etc) was always a high risk strategy and likely to end in tears but his silence is quite deafening ! Recently I actually heard a rumour that PCM and RW had both been put on suicide watch just on the off chance. Maybe what he needs is a “re-branding”, it’s worked for others in the past, I mean I still think Scep-chick was a smart name (which begs the question who thought it up for them), so possibly he could change his Blog or You Tube channel to something like “Scep-prick” ? Just a thought...................
You're worried that he's become less popular & needs re-branding, or you're worried that he's incommunicado & may be suicidal?

Dunno about suicide watches, but RW's recent (long, self-centered) post in the comments at Harriet Hall's "I am not your enemy" post at Science-Centered Medicine seemed notably subdued in tone.

Who's PCM?

noblehawk2

Post by noblehawk2 »

Sorry Skep, my fault. That should have been PZM but it was nearly 1am here and i didn't proof read it very well, sorry mate.
Now he might go down the "self harm" route which would be even more tragic as i am sure there are many people who would be more than happy to do that for him, lol

decius

Post by decius »

Obvious Troll alert.

noblehawk2

Post by noblehawk2 »

Erm,,,,where ?

TheSandreGuy

Post by TheSandreGuy »

Matt Dillahunty can remain silent in my opinion.

Hello, I'm new to this site by the way :)

LMU

Post by LMU »

TheSandreGuy wrote:Matt Dillahunty can remain silent in my opinion.

Hello, I'm new to this site by the way :)
Hello and welcome! :)

You may be interested to know that most of the forum's activity takes place on the currently active undead thread. The reason for this is largely historical, the "original slime pit" was a series of very long blog comment threads at ERV. Please feel free to participate in any or all threads though. Also be aware that the traditional greeting here is sort of a test of the principle of charity ;)

TheSandreGuy

Post by TheSandreGuy »

Thank you! :D

Although I'm not entirely sure what you mean by: "the traditional greeting here is sort of a test of the principle of charity"

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

It means mixed signals. Welcome!

Fuck off! <--- Traditional greeting.

(Seeing as we're supposed to be evil misogynist bastards, at least we can make an effort with the 'bastard' part.) :D

TheSandreGuy

Post by TheSandreGuy »

Haha, ok. I came here because I got a bit tired of AVFM and I wanted to see what this website was like. I've been checking some threads out and I like it so far. Seems very neutral and free.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

TheSandreGuy wrote:Haha, ok. I came here because I got a bit tired of AVFM and I wanted to see what this website was like. I've been checking some threads out and I like it so far. Seems very neutral and free.
It's neutral in that you can say whatever you want and not be banned (within the bounds of the law). However, most of us happen to agree on the issues surrounding FTB/A+/the skeptic community.

Usually we give new users a "basket of links" (a parody of a trope on the A+ forums), but since you're from AVFM, you get to take the brown pill:

http://www.pharmer.org/files/images/browncapsule.jpg

Don't ask what's in it.

TheSandreGuy

Post by TheSandreGuy »

Haha, ok. Looks like it tastes horrible though XD

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

It tastes like crab juice.

TheSandreGuy

Post by TheSandreGuy »

Really? Well, I do like crabs. The kind that lives in the ocean. Not... Not the kind that you can get by picking up foreign prostitutes at the backstreets of a bowling alley. Which I've never done... Ever... *Looks around in a suspicious manner*

TheSandreGuy

Post by TheSandreGuy »

On the subject of Matt Dillahunty: I used to watch the "atheist experience" online, and I thought he was brilliant. Then came A+ and I realized just what a narcissist he is. Now, I hope the reason why he's quiet is nothing serious. But if I don't have to hear any more self-obsessed bullshit from him I won't complain. Also he makes videos while he drives. What an irresponsible meathead.