Guest post at Brayton's

A place to discuss the foibles of our favourite bloggers
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Guest post at Brayton's

Post by Lsuoma »

There is a guest post on "The Nature of Privilege" over at "Dispatches from the Culture Wars", and in the first paragraph that author makes the statement
[T]his network has become the awesome place that it is because it is so incredibly diverse, that rather than the echo chamber (or, as Jamie Kilstein put it at the conference, third level of hell) that the Pharyngula comments have become[...]
Predictably the responses include (four out of the first five):

Salty Cunt -
That’s nonsense about the Pharyngula comments.
Mattir -
I am beyond tired or the Pharyngula commenter meme. May I state that I liked the post, or is that something that is off limits for Pharyngula commenters?
Katherine Lorraine -
Yea, turned me off in the first paragraph by describing Pharyngula’s comments as an echo chamber. Can’t be arsed to read the comments apparently.
F -
I’ll just add my noise to the “echo chamber” here and say that it seemed like the entire article seemed to be indicating that all the issues listed were somehow exemplified by Pharyngula commenters, which is simply batshit insane or really poor writing.
Brayton says in the comments that Jamie Kilstein actually approves of Pharyngula comments, and is praising PeeZus there. That seems somewhat too subtle for me. It could be a case, though, of "Ha, ha! Only serious!" on Kilstein's part...

Badger3k

Re: Guest post at Brayton's

Post by Badger3k »

The irony..

It's an echo chamber...

No, it's not
No, it's not
No, it's not
No, it's not....