Videogames

Double wank and shit chips
daisyw

Re: Videogames

Post by daisyw »

I've started replaying The Darkness II. I love how Mike Patton's voice sounds in the game and the combat is pretty good.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Barael wrote:
another lurker wrote:I feel sorry for anyone who is still playing WoW.

I quite that shitty game two years ago and have never been happier.

It keeps getting worse and worse.

They've now added Pandas. How pathetic.
I feel sorry for you. Sure, there are MMOs which do SOME aspects better than WoW does (SW:TOR has better leveling experience, GW2 has better open-world-pvp) but frankly each one of those are doing things better since they're doing it WoW+something and no game developer has the resources of doing that for EVERY aspect of the game. There is also one important exception to this and this is end-game PvE which is where no other game even comes CLOSE to WoW. Also a personal opinion, Mists of Pandaria is the best WoW expansion by far.

Disclaimer: I've been playing WoW since EU launch in early 2005.
I got tired of the endless treadmill.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

X-Com Bugs

Post by John Greg »

Well, I am still having a lot of fun with this game. But it's a buggy little fucker. Minor bugs to be sure, but irritating all the same. Here's a wee list of some of the things I've encountered:

1. Enemies magically appearing/teleporting right into the middle of my group of soldiers.
2. Non-floater enemies floating a few inches above or below the ground, inside walls, and so on.
3. Saved games disappearing from the Save/Load menu -- they reappear when you close and reload the game.
4. All soldier uniforms turning into the default colour and style, and no longer able to change them - this seems to fix if you shut down the game, reload it, and then load an earlier save.
5. The altitude advantage sometimes works in reverse.
6. Occasional game-freezes when the Berserker moves toward the soldiers during a fire-fight.

I think that's it.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Um, I am referring to X-Com, in case that wasn't clear.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: X-Com Bugs

Post by Tigzy »

John Greg wrote:Well, I am still having a lot of fun with this game. But it's a buggy little fucker. Minor bugs to be sure, but irritating all the same. Here's a wee list of some of the things I've encountered:

1. Enemies magically appearing/teleporting right into the middle of my group of soldiers.
2. Non-floater enemies floating a few inches above or below the ground, inside walls, and so on.
3. Saved games disappearing from the Save/Load menu -- they reappear when you close and reload the game.
4. All soldier uniforms turning into the default colour and style, and no longer able to change them - this seems to fix if you shut down the game, reload it, and then load an earlier save.
5. The altitude advantage sometimes works in reverse.
6. Occasional game-freezes when the Berserker moves toward the soldiers during a fire-fight.

I think that's it.
If we're talking buggy fun games, then I'll happily nominate Wolfenstein (2009) - what is it with those doors that keep trying to close themselves on you when you're firing from a useful doorway?? Seriously bad design there - that said, the game is an epic slaughterfest, and the only one I've seen which has a gun - the Leichenfaust 44 - that turns people into floating skeletons. Fucking excellent!

You can see the Leichenfaust 44 in action after 1.03 here:
[youtube]hrQYtC9EeFQ[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

Hmmm, bet I could pick that up and Rage for under a tenner now. Might have to see if CEX have it in stock.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Most recent games: (XBox 360)

Mass Effect 3 (campaign and multiplayer), Bordelands 2 (can't get past level 41) , Lego Batman 2, Lego LOTR, L.A.Noire.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I am starting "Kinect: dance party"

fuck you guys!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Submariner wrote:Most recent games: (XBox 360)

Mass Effect 3 (campaign and multiplayer), Bordelands 2 (can't get past level 41) , Lego Batman 2, Lego LOTR, L.A.Noire.
Damn, I just cannot get into Mass Effect 3 - no matter how often I set aside a couple of hours to have a proper crack at it, I just find myself getting bored by its strange, stilted gameplay. Looks amazing, but...well, looking is just pretty much all I find myself doing with it.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Tigzy wrote:

Damn, I just cannot get into Mass Effect 3 - no matter how often I set aside a couple of hours to have a proper crack at it, I just find myself getting bored by its strange, stilted gameplay. Looks amazing, but...well, looking is just pretty much all I find myself doing with it.
I LOVED it....right up to the last 10 minutes. But, then again I've played ME from the first one.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I can't stand Mass Effect at all. I hate it being on my television. I don't know why. I hate Fallout too. Also that fucking horrible little anime thing about some fucking composer - their anime faces creep me out.

*waits to get burnt at stake*

Have a really soft spot for puzzle games and fucking loved the latest Red Johnson chronicle, although I've forgotten what the fuck it was called. I mean it was written terribly and the plot was awful and clicking buttons on the whodunnit at the end was awesomely boring, but the puzzles were GREAT. Worth all the horribly uncomfortable conversations about fucking.

Post by Guest »

Submariner wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

I LOVED it....right up to the last 10 minutes. But, then again I've played ME from the first one.
The main appeal of the Mass Effect series has always been the story, although in my opinion the gameplay was fairly good for the most part. I actually think the story in 3 wasn't as good overall as the previous 2, but that got overshadowed by the awful ending (which BioWare fixed several months after release).

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

So… um… Tokyo Jungle? In a weak moment last Friday I got a PS3, because they were on sale and the "free" games from PS+ were awfully tempting. I also bought Tokyo Jungle. which as far as I know was a retail game in Japan but download only ($15 or local equivalent) in Europe and the US. This game… this game justifies the existence of games.

Last night I spent two hours playing as three generations of pomeranians surviving in the ruins of Tokyo. The "story" of the game is that all humans have mysteriously disappeared, their pets go feral and zoo animals escape. And so you pick a species and run around the city trying to survive while accomplishing various goals that let you unlock new species to play as.

It's a rogue-like, so once you're dead (and you will die) you start over from the beginning again. The game is quite fast paced and almost arcade-like. There is a hunger meter which is constantly decreasing, and once it reaches zero your life starts to go down. So your main concern is either hunting or grazing (depending on which animal you're playing as), while avoiding getting killed by more dangerous animals. I learned to my cost that a pomeranian can't kill a hippo in one stealth-strike - and you don't get a second strike at an enraged hippo.

Each individual animal lives to age fifteen, so before then you need to take over a territory by marking four spots in it, attract a suitable mate, and produce offspring. At which point you switch to play as said offspring. Your siblings from the litter follow you around and act as combined cannon fodder and extra lives - should you die you immediately switch to playing as one of the siblings.

Let's be clear, mechanically this game is simple and not exactly great. But the concept alone is delightful. There is something utterly satisfying about a little pomeranian creeping up behind a goat on a rooftop and then suddenly POUNCING and tearing its throat out.

There are also dinosaurs. And giraffe DLC.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Surprised "Firefall" has not been mentioned already.

It's often described as "Wow with guns" or a FPSMMO. Even though it's currently in closed beta, the player-base is climbing rapidly and the community forums are pretty vibrant.

(Cinematic intro/trailer)

http://www.firefallthegame.com/ (Official website)

I have a few spare beta keys if anyone is interested in giving it a go.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

I'm home sick today. Playing Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Plugging Humble Bundle, cuz it's totes awesome:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Pay what you want. Support charity. Get cross-platform,
DRM-free games.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Ha! How come I've missed this thread??!!??

At the moment, the only thing I'm playing is a textbased mud (thresholdrpg). It's RP enforced (you get to roleplay to be a character in a medieval fantasy game and you shouldn't talk about hit points, real life, your connect and whatever). It's cool but it's small. I personally find the graphical MMORPGs kinda slow when it comes to combat (I could not really take runescape; unless you get to hunt Tormented Demons, all the other fights are just BORING!) I probably should try WoW but everyone seems to playing that one so I'm a bit "meh".

About console games though, I loved Dragon Age, specially, since they rip on the Catholic church :dance:
And I can't wait for Dragon Age III.

My most favorite game from the point of view of storyline is Planescape: Torment. It has a very dark theme, and even the best ending is not very happy ending. This article pretty much describes how I feel about the game.

Altair

Post by Altair »

Trophy wrote:
About console games though, I loved Dragon Age, specially, since they rip on the Catholic church :dance:
And I can't wait for Dragon Age III.
I loved, loved, really loved Dragon Age I, but loathed Dragon Age II. It felt like the games had been relased in the inverse order, 2 felt like a first game and 1 feels like an improved sequel.

Everything felt dumbed-down in II, only playing as Hawke, no different origing stories, the other characters didn't feel as interesting and the skills and spells weren't as cool and useful as in the first game.
Also, in the first game the scope was to save the entire world (or a continent, it's been a while), while the second one felt extremely small scale compared tot hat.

I didn't know there was a DA III on the horizon. I hope it feels more like the first game, and I'd like to see Morrigan back.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Trophy wrote:Ha! How come I've missed this thread??!!??

My most favorite game from the point of view of storyline is Planescape: Torment. It has a very dark theme, and even the best ending is not very happy ending. This article pretty much describes how I feel about the game.

Planescape Torment is one of the best games of all time, imo. That and Deus ex!

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

another lurker wrote:
Trophy wrote:Ha! How come I've missed this thread??!!??

Planescape Torment is one of the best games of all time, imo. That and Deus ex!
Taste; you have got it. Also re: Trophy's link, it's nice to see someone else who enjoys Gamers With jobs. I mostly enjoy the podcast, should really start visiting the site more regularly.

About Deus Ex, has anyone played the PS2 version, and if so, is it any good? I just got a PS3 and saw it was available for download for almost no money, and I'm tempted. Now, I have it on PC and don't doubt that that is the superior version, but these days it takes a lot to make me sit down at my computer to play a game if there are alternatives.

Oh, and I started playing Infamous last night, knowing nothing about it except "it's something to do with superpowers". Wow. That is a fun game, at least the first hour or so.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

AspieAtheist wrote:Al, I sincerely hope that you're not addicted to RuneScape. I've seen how bad RuneScape addiction can get and have been put through hell by RuneScape addicts.

Being constantly kicked off computers by those people is something I'll never forgive them for.
Nope, I got too much shit to do in too little time to spend a great deal of time playing. I did years back, but now it's mostly maintenance, to keep my top level status, and fighting skills honed. It's a fun game, and since there is little in the game that can kill me, I pretty much roam around wherever I want.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Wooot! I'm so delightfully surprised that so many people here have enjoyed Planescape too. I don't know anyone in person who has played and liked that game. It's one of those hidden gems, no wait, it is probably the most beautiful hidden gem among undervalued games.
Altair wrote:I loved, loved, really loved Dragon Age I, but loathed Dragon Age II. It felt like the games had been relased in the inverse order, 2 felt like a first game and 1 feels like an improved sequel.

Everything felt dumbed-down in II, only playing as Hawke, no different origing stories, the other characters didn't feel as interesting and the skills and spells weren't as cool and useful as in the first game.
I agree with most of it. I still think DA II is a good game but it tried to live up to a great game. And yeah, the characters were not so interesting. I personally enjoyed how they had portrayed the bisexuality of Fenris but he was really very whiney for an elf who was supposed to be very tough. IMO Anders had the most interesting storyline. Mechanics-wise, Aveline was awesome because you could turn her into a fucking tank. That's actually something I liked about the game that you could play the maximization games with the companions and get rewarded with fun. I had a lot of fun putting Aveline at the center of a huge crowd and watch their pathetic attacks just slide off her and finally she would kill them all with those little retalliation damage, where as if Fenris was at the center of that crowd, he would have turned to Elf spaghetti in mere seconds.

Mages in DA I were really overpowered. I soloed DA I with a mage (Arcane warrior, blood mage) and even on nightmare some of the boss fights got really boring but DA II fights were always interesting. But yeah, I agree that DA II was no where near DA I in terms of overall quality.
Also, in the first game the scope was to save the entire world (or a continent, it's been a while), while the second one felt extremely small scale compared tot hat.
I used to think that as well but then I realized that I played DA II three times (mage, then rogue, and then warrior) but DA I only twice (archer and mage). I'm not sure why but somehow it was more enjoyable to replay DA II than to replay DA I. And I think because of that, through the middle of the second replay, I started to like the storyline. It kinda grows on you.
I didn't know there was a DA III on the horizon. I hope it feels more like the first game, and I'd like to see Morrigan back.
Yeah. There are a lot of loose ends lying around, e.g., the modal dilemma of how to deal with mages :D.

daisyw

Post by daisyw »

Deus Ex. That game is a classic. I spent all day playing the demo for the PC version of it once and I loved it.

Also, has anyone else played Deus Ex: Human Revolution? I didn't mind it and thought that it was ok. I'm still trying to complete it at the moment.

My favourite games that I've ever played would have to be Doom and Quake. I grew up playing both of those and have been playing Doom 3: BFG Edition ever since I bought it ages ago. It would be nice if id software did a similar special edition release of all Quake games, including Quake 3 Arena.

daisyw

Post by daisyw »

And has anyone played BioShock yet? I'm busily trying to complete that while marvelling at how gorgeous the city of Rapture is. Also trying to avoid getting killed by Splicers fairly often.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Yeah, its okay. I wouldn't recommend the sequel though.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

AspieAtheist wrote:Also, has anyone else played Deus Ex: Human Revolution? I didn't mind it and thought that it was ok. I'm still trying to complete it at the moment.
I quite liked it, but I never got close to finishing it. Not because of the game itself, it's just the all too common case of being distracted by something else and then not getting back to it. Some day, I hope I'll finish it.

My greatest accomplishment this weekend, however, was unlocking cats in Tokyo Jungle. This is the first game in ages that has had me on the edge of my seat just hoping I'll survive the next few moments so I don't have to start over from the beginning again. Unlocking playable cats, for instance, involved running my fourth generation pomeranian through the territory of the previous generation that I'd already emptied of prey, desperately hunting for anything to kill and eat in the next territory while avoiding the lions which had set up there, and finally moving on to the territory occupied by alley cats and claiming it by marking four spots in it while fighting off flocks of cats.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Never played the original Deus Ex, but have the newer one on PS3. It can be fun and interesting, but as everyone says, the boss fights suck. Beat one boss by saving after every time I damaged him, then finally won. I put the game aside after getting stuck with another boss. Maybe I'll drop the difficulty for that fight then put it back up (if I can do that, you can in many games). Not something I normally do, but I'd like to see more of the game, but the annoying boss battles drag the game down.

Played both Bioshock games and have the newest one reserved. The ending of bioshock 1 was a bit of a letdown (well, the final battle), but the overall story was interesting. I liked the second one - playing a big daddy is fun, but I keep getting killed trying to harvest all the mana with the little sisters. I like the powers available too (it's been so long, I forgot the terms). The next one looks real nice, if they can deliver what they promise.

I first heard about Tokyo Jungle on the defunct PSM3 podcast, and picked it up. It is an interesting game, although I haven't played as much of it as I need to - I really want to try out the alligator, and even the dinosaurs.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

American Mcgee's Alice is a great game - beautiful imagery + creepy kitty!

I also enjoyed the Serious Sam series, loads of fun to play co-op.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Badger3k wrote:I first heard about Tokyo Jungle on the defunct PSM3 podcast, and picked it up. It is an interesting game, although I haven't played as much of it as I need to - I really want to try out the alligator, and even the dinosaurs.
I suspect it's best played in short bursts. Really looking forward to getting to the dinosaurs… probably a year or two from now :P And I will admit that I'm tempted by the giraffe DLC…

another lurker wrote:I also enjoyed the Serious Sam series, loads of fun to play co-op.

Ooh, I remember playing through the first one with a friend in high school in one sitting. The final boss was huge! Tried the second one a little bit, but it wasn't as fun to play on your own.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Serious Sam 3 is a great game, for about £15 on steam probably less in the sales. I wish more FPSes would pay attention to the soundtrack. It kind of needs to make you feel like a badass, or whats the point.

[youtube]eV6DDfi4kKk[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Hmmm. Early reviews of Aliens Colonial Marines are mixed, to say the least. Pity, because I've been looking forward to this. Hopefully, there'll be a demo I can download before thinking about parting with my shekels...

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Tigzy wrote:Hmmm. Early reviews of Aliens Colonial Marines are mixed, to say the least. Pity, because I've been looking forward to this. Hopefully, there'll be a demo I can download before thinking about parting with my shekels...
I haven't watched it myself yet but Giant Bomb has a quick look up about it, they are usually pretty good for getting some sense of a game.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-l ... 2300-7033/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

TedDahlberg wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Hmmm. Early reviews of Aliens Colonial Marines are mixed, to say the least. Pity, because I've been looking forward to this. Hopefully, there'll be a demo I can download before thinking about parting with my shekels...
I haven't watched it myself yet but Giant Bomb has a quick look up about it, they are usually pretty good for getting some sense of a game.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-l ... 2300-7033/
Jesus, that is a stinker of a review! 'Weird debug code popping into random gameplay sequences and then just disappearing...' - fuck, even the indie devs I work with wouldn't let that happen. And how long has this game been in development???

Yes. Definitely try out a demo first. Though really only for curiosity value now...

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Watching some playthrough/commentary on YouTube of Aliens:Colonial Marines. Yeah, it looks like the reviews are right. Graphics aren't great, AI is pretty stupid, especially your allies. Maybe a rental, but I'd be a bit desperate to buy another aliens stinker.

After watching the same player go through Dark Souls, I thought I'd give it a try. He makes it look easy, but bloody hell, you die a lot. Still a bit of fun, even if I have no clue where to go (have the guide, but haven't looked yet). Ran into what I thought was a giant nest, turned out to be a dragon (ran away with brown pants on that).

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

Oooooh, the Aliens: Colonial Marines thing has turned into a right old clusterfuck, and no mistake. Put it this way: the finished game is WORSE than the E3 demos we got shown last year. Yeah...

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

SenorBeagle wrote:Oooooh, the Aliens: Colonial Marines thing has turned into a right old clusterfuck, and no mistake. Put it this way: the finished game is WORSE than the E3 demos we got shown last year. Yeah...
I like this bit from the review here:
Then there’s the impossible character making a surprise return from the original film. When directly challenged by the game’s own cast as to why they cannot possibly be there they simply reply, “Ah, well that’s a longer story”. Is it? You’re meant to be dead and in another star system so I can make time.

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

Basically, it seems like Gearbox screwed the pooch. Or Sega screwed the pooch, when trusting Gearbox.

Meanwhile, in other news, this has been confirmed as the real deal by Ubisoft, and is actually happening:

http://nowgamer.net-genie.co.uk/siteima ... 355437.gif

Yes, you play as a pirate, which is cool, but what's weird, though, is that...

(SPOILERS)

...you play as Haytham Kenway's dad, i.e. Connor from AC3's grandad. Which implies he's Desmond's ancestor. Y'know, Desmond who died at the end of AC3.

Is Desmond coming back? Will he be Zombie Desmond? Do Ubisoft know what they're playing at, or are they pulling the plot out of their collective arse?

TIme will tell, I suppose...

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

SenorBeagle wrote:Basically, it seems like Gearbox screwed the pooch. Or Sega screwed the pooch, when trusting Gearbox.

Meanwhile, in other news, this has been confirmed as the real deal by Ubisoft, and is actually happening:

http://nowgamer.net-genie.co.uk/siteima ... 355437.gif

(SPOILERS)

...you play as Haytham Kenway's dad, i.e. Connor from AC3's grandad. Which implies he's Desmond's ancestor. Y'know, Desmond who died at the end of AC3.

Is Desmond coming back? Will he be Zombie Desmond? Do Ubisoft know what they're playing at, or are they pulling the plot out of their collective arse?

damn, I'm still three games back (started 3 but went to brotherhood, still on it but paused for months). Didn't know that. Ah, well, no bigee - I didn't have to read. Still, maybe you are playing one of Desmond's relatives? Does he have any other family? I think his dad was in brotherhood or 3, so maybe you are playing his son, or maybe a brother (or sister)? When you have the animus and genetic memory thingee, you have lots of room to play. Maybe they will do a deus ex type future desmond relative. Really juxtapose the past and future?

daisyw

Post by daisyw »

Another kind of game I enjoy playing a lot are rhythm music games. I play a fair bit of TapMania.org on my iPod touch and iPad. Have played DJ Max Ray, Jukebeat, Reflec Beat+ and Guitar Hero: Metallica. It would be good to go for a trip somewhere to an arcade and try DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX or BeatmaniaIIDX one day.

skepandsprinkles

Post by skepandsprinkles »

SenorBeagle wrote:Basically, it seems like Gearbox screwed the pooch. Or Sega screwed the pooch, when trusting Gearbox.

(SPOILERS)

Desmond was special because he had such a high concentration of genetics from those who came before. It seems like later on the Assassin's might have done some... selective breeding, so the family trees probably are a bit wonky.

I'm also wondering if desmond really didn't "die". They rushed him to the animus in Brotherhood/Revelations to keep him going. Perhaps they could do the same again or revive him.

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

(WARNING: HERE BE MORE AC3 SPOILERS!)

Aye, we shall have to see what Ubisoft pull out of their arse-crack. As long as the protagonist isn't as fundamentally unlikeable as Connor, I'll be happy. :P

Annnnnnnnnnnd, I just realised as I was typing that, that it was your blog post about the character of Connor that I read earlier! :lol:

To clarify: I didn't find him boring; I found him sullen and fundamentally unlikeable, a problem that was made so much worse by the fact that Haytham was such a wonderfully joyous character to behold. Witty, charming... if he's the face of the the Templars, that's who I'm siding with. :P

I was just a bit bitter after the shitty ending they gave the game; honestly, between this and Mass Effect 3, I'm convinced game developers have fuck all idea how to a satisfying ending to a trilogy. I was really looking forward to how they'd wrap up that whole 2012 end of the world plotline, and bugger me, they had the nerve, the bloody cheek, to wrap it up with an open ending to sell the next sodding game.

The cheeky French bastards (although at least it's better than going for artsy and titting it up, Bioware)!

skepandsprinkles

SenorBeagle wrote: Annnnnnnnnnnd, I just realised as I was typing that, that it was your blog post about the character of Connor that I read earlier! :lol:
I'm just all over the place this weekend.

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

skepandsprinkles wrote:
SenorBeagle wrote: Annnnnnnnnnnd, I just realised as I was typing that, that it was your blog post about the character of Connor that I read earlier! :lol:
I'm just all over the place this weekend.
Much like the Assassin's Creed 3!

:rimshot:

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

*The* Assassin's Creed 3?

Note to self: don't change train of thought, mid-sentence.

skepandsprinkles

Haters gonna hate. American history and Connor's beautiful face make my ginie parts tingle

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

What can I say, I prefer louche Italians and gay painters who invent stuff.

Also, Venice. Also, gliding over Venice on one of said painter's invented thingies. Also crashing said gliding thing a lot, into the telegraph wires they had everywhere for their Venetian WiFi...

skepandsprinkles

I dated an Italian once.

Never again. ;P

But those first peoples... they are just beautiful people. Blame my upstate NYness on my love for all things Iroquois.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dunno what that game is, Lsuoma, but it looks a bit shit.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tigzy wrote:Dunno what that game is, Lsuoma, but it looks a bit shit.
I don't know - maybe the game is to see how fast you can be permabanned. That one will be tough to beat.

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

Why am I suddenly getting an image of a WCoA shmup...?

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Badger3k wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Dunno what that game is, Lsuoma, but it looks a bit shit.
I don't know - maybe the game is to see how fast you can be permabanned. That one will be tough to beat.
I'm feeling the stirrings of an A+ text adventure…

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Ladies and gentlemen (and others), I give you A Plus Adventure. A text adventure (choose-your-own-adventure style) where you take on the role of a prospective A+ forum member. Playable on- or off-line. It's very rudimentary and short, but hey, I have actual work to do as well.

If anyone feels inclined to help me improve/expand on it, PM me. No expertise required beyond being able to string sentences together.

LMU

Post by LMU »

TedDahlberg wrote:Ladies and gentlemen (and others), I give you A Plus Adventure. A text adventure (choose-your-own-adventure style) where you take on the role of a prospective A+ forum member. Playable on- or off-line. It's very rudimentary and short, but hey, I have actual work to do as well.

If anyone feels inclined to help me improve/expand on it, PM me. No expertise required beyond being able to string sentences together.
:lol: That's great! The "movie marathon" option that goes right to permaban should have an intermediate part where you are told you are being banned for not liking enough movies with strong female characters. Or there could be a similar "who are your favorite sci fi authors" option where you are banned for not liking enough female authors (the thread where that happened might be inspiration).

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

LMU wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:Ladies and gentlemen (and others), I give you A Plus Adventure. A text adventure (choose-your-own-adventure style) where you take on the role of a prospective A+ forum member. Playable on- or off-line. It's very rudimentary and short, but hey, I have actual work to do as well.

:lol: That's great! The "movie marathon" option that goes right to permaban should have an intermediate part where you are told you are being banned for not liking enough movies with strong female characters. Or there could be a similar "who are your favorite sci fi authors" option where you are banned for not liking enough female authors (the thread where that happened might be inspiration).
Excellent suggestions, I'll put that in when time permits. I also want to make it a little less linear and more interconnected. But so far, certainly a lunch break well spent :P And the first thing I managed to do with it was break the scripting, so I'm feeling quite proud. (Apparently, DON'T put text in brackets.)

Whisper Walrus

Post by Whisper Walrus »

Too realistic, I really thought I was on A+ for a moment. I can't believe you'd post that without a trigger warning. I'm totally shaking so much right now that I changed genders twice.

11.7/10

skepandsprinkles

World premiere trailer of Assassin's Creed 4. Damn Ubisoft knows how to make a great trailer. I'm eager to see how the gameplay looks. So far it's leaning towards "grah not all ship steering" which... yay.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Whisper Walrus wrote:

Too realistic, I really thought I was on A+ for a moment. I can't believe you'd post that without a trigger warning. I'm totally shaking so much right now that I changed genders twice.

11.7/10
In an attempt to make you grow a set of a previously undiscovered kind of genitalia, there's now an added science fiction thread to peruse.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Has anyone tried Real Racing 3 for iOS? I downloaded it this weekend for my dad to play when they were visiting, and tried it for a bit myself. The game itself - really fun. The intrusive wait-forty-minutes-for-the-"repairs"-of-your-car-or-pay-us-money micro-transaction mechanic - made me delete the game after my dad had finished playing.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a fun racing game to scratch the itch I've suddenly developed? Preferably something for one of the consoles. I don't think I've played a racing game since Need For Speed 2. Unless you count Mario Kart.

LMU

Post by LMU »

TedDahlberg wrote:
Whisper Walrus wrote:

11.7/10
In an attempt to make you grow a set of a previously undiscovered kind of genitalia, there's now an added science fiction thread to peruse.
Thanks again! :D