Videogames

Double wank and shit chips
Badger3k

Videogames

Post by Badger3k »

Since I did get a bit of a "derail" in the Periodic Thread, I figured I'd just start one for those who have anything to say regarding any games they are playing. As I've stated elsewhere, I play on the PS3 under the same name, and play a lot of things. I do hope to get back into Battlefield 3 soon, but I like to play a lot (at times). 180+ hours in Skyrim, near 100 in BF3, lots in others. Plus Marvel Pinball.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Videogames

Post by Lsuoma »

Badger3k wrote:Since I did get a bit of a "derail" in the Periodic Thread, I figured I'd just start one for those who have anything to say regarding any games they are playing. As I've stated elsewhere, I play on the PS3 under the same name, and play a lot of things. I do hope to get back into Battlefield 3 soon, but I like to play a lot (at times). 180+ hours in Skyrim, near 100 in BF3, lots in others. Plus Marvel Pinball.
I really enjoyed ADVENT (==Colossal Cave) and DUNGEON (which engendered Zork, and - of course - Infocom)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Lsuoma wrote:
Badger3k wrote:Since I did get a bit of a "derail" in the Periodic Thread, I figured I'd just start one for those who have anything to say regarding any games they are playing. As I've stated elsewhere, I play on the PS3 under the same name, and play a lot of things. I do hope to get back into Battlefield 3 soon, but I like to play a lot (at times). 180+ hours in Skyrim, near 100 in BF3, lots in others. Plus Marvel Pinball.
I really enjoyed ADVENT (==Colossal Cave) and DUNGEON (which engendered Zork, and - of course - Infocom)
The first that I can really remember was one of those star trek games, with the 8x8 squares and the klingons you had to destroy. I never did much Zork, but I remember Trollenkar's Lair (IIRC) - a game on tape for the C-64. And all the Wizardry games, and Ultima.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Badger3k wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
The first that I can really remember was one of those star trek games, with the 8x8 squares and the klingons you had to destroy. I never did much Zork, but I remember Trollenkar's Lair (IIRC) - a game on tape for the C-64. And all the Wizardry games, and Ultima.
Aargh - the first one was an RPG supplement, not a videogame. Now I have to do more searching. I could have sworn it had something to do with Avalon Hill.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Badger3k wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Aargh - the first one was an RPG supplement, not a videogame. Now I have to do more searching. I could have sworn it had something to do with Avalon Hill.
Telengard. Made by Avalon Hill. I also loved the way GTA Vice City starts out with the tape drive. Way cool.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Anyone playing the Secret World? Kinda a fun game for skeptics...

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

rayshul wrote:Anyone playing the Secret World? Kinda a fun game for skeptics...
I took a look at it, but the beta seemed mostly about co-opting Facebook 'friends'. I don't do Facebook, so I lost interest. Besides I've pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and, as of next month, I expect that to eat my life!

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

I've seen stuff about Secret World, and I'd have loved to have given it a go. But alas, shit PC (I got it just for work, and for music production, so the soundcard's pretty good, but it's got onboard graphics), innit. I can just about run Terraria on it, but I tried the original Portal, and it made it BSOD...

But yeah, Secret World definitely looked intriguing. Can't beat a good fictional conspiracy theory.

Nice to know I'm not the only former C64 owner, too! My game of choice was C.R.E.A.T.U.R.E.S. 2: Torture Trouble (which, incidentally, had the best way of activating a cheat mode ever)...

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

The list of C64 games would go on long enough that I would be accused of committing a DoS attack on the site if I stopped to think about. so just the first two to come to mind...

M.U.L.E.
Paradroid

Currently mucking with Portal 2, the odd flash game on Kongregate, and WoW (softcore, recent convert - damn my coworkers and their free trial of crack). Diablo III held my interest for less than two weeks.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Forgot about M.U.L.E. - spent a lot of time on that too. I also tend to avoid Facebook games, even though I have an account and have been doing more on it.

I also play some on my iPad, and the game "Plague Inc." is fun. Saw it on X-play and picked it up that day. Currently stuck trying to win with the fungus - that is hard. Small World, Highborn, and Dominion HD are also fun. I tend to read books or comics more than play games, when I'm not using it for work that is.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

While looking up M.U.L.E. - I ran into this: planetmule

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Badger3k wrote:While looking up M.U.L.E. - I ran into this: planetmule
Ohhh, shiny.

The How-To-Play is quite possibly the best game instructions I have ever read. Thorough. I was not aware of the EOS and LCT concept. I see our family's how-good-of-a-colony-can-we-get cooperative games could have been optimized better.

Git

Post by Git »

I had an Amstrad CPC, which kinda dates me.

Currently I have a Warcrack addiction (Horde, naturally), and Civ 4 and Diablo 3 on the go.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

I've had an Everquest account since March 2000...12 years.I can't bring myself to play anything else.

Though, I am at a point now that I'm somewhat bored of the game and only log in occasionally to run around and not do much. The time and real money invested in that game has kept me from even trying another. MMORPGS can be nasty beasts, creating fantasy worlds where those who don't have much going on in their lives can attain recognition that they can't in reality. Internet gaming addiction is easy to acquire. If you can login, play and leave after a few hours, it's all good. But if you feel the need to run 12-18hr sessions, you may have a problem.

I'd much prefer to load up Serious Sam or Duke Nukem and run around and blast stuff for an hour or so than spend time on armor quests or leveling up a character.

But.I.can't.cancel.my.EQ.account.

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

It try to play and beat 2-3 AAA titles a year.

This year its been Arkham City and Diablo 3. Next on my list is Assassins Creed 3.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Does anyone else play Dwarf Fortress? Horrible ascii art graphics, but it simulates characters down to their guts and toes.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/index.html

I've found I couldn't get into Diablo 3 as much as I could with Diablo 2. I'm not totally sure why. I think for me it is that it doesn't have the nice skill trees so I don't feel like I'm constructing my character as I level up. Also the absence of an offline single player is frustrating because my connection isn't always reliable.

Hittman

Post by Hittman »

The first that I can really remember was one of those star trek games, with the 8x8 squares and the klingons you had to destroy.
I used to sneek into the "lab" at high school and play that on a printer that was connected to a mainframe via an acoustic coupler. There was no terminal. It would print out the grid and you'd type in your command. It would then print out the results. High tech.

My current obsession is World of Tanks. You drive around in WWII tanks and shoot at each other. It's a blast.

JAB

Post by JAB »

I still go into Second Life a couple times a week. Although technically a game, I wouldn't say I use it as one. For me it's more about the live music community.

A couple years ago I even went to a talk/interview of PZ at one of the venues there.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

Kind of a derail, since I don't talk about what I play (FWIW I play JRPGs) but I thought this Genderratic blog entry and the ensuing comments are a good discussion about the tropes vs. women in video games fundraiser.

I tend to think that the answer to "how come there aren't any characters I like" is to get off your butt and make the game yourself. Especially nowadays when indie games are becoming a thing. I don't think it's fair to ask people to create characters outside of their own experience (espeically if you at the same time claim that "men will never understand women" or some such).

I like and agree with a lot of this comment:
I’ve conducted several fairly polls on gaming forums which got quite a lot of responses, but I have yet to find one person who said they were satisfied with male characters in games or that they related to the average male video game protagonist. I think that says something, and I think this conversation will never go anywhere until the people trying to run it acknowledge that.

There is also a deliberate blindness to the explosive success the Japanese games industry has had in designing male characters to appeal to women. The people writing about these issues are so trained to see a black and white divide that they are incapable of distinguishing a game like Sengoku Basara (made primarily for a female audience and popular with a primarily female fan base in its country of origin) from a game like God of War and are seemingly incapable of imagining that the androgynous pretty-boys who have become the subject of so much fangirl lust might be aimed at a different demographic than the main cast of Gears of War. No one even noticed when El Shaddai was a game in which you played a lean, buff pretty-boy with an androgynous face and perfectly feathered blond hair who lost armor as he took damage until he was left in nothing but his tight-fitting designer jeans.

What we get instead is a bunch of idiots who put a picture of Mai Shiranui next to one of Marcus Fenix and call it a day (seriously, it’s like they’ve never even heard of cultural differences). There was a paid professional at the Escapist a week or two ago who seriously suggested that you could see the difference in how men and women are portrayed by comparing Ryu and Sakura from Street Fighter (if you know anything about Street Fighter, you should know why that’s bullshit).

On a positive note, remember the “Women in Games” panels at PAX? Those were pretty good. They had a bunch of women with respectable careers in game journalism or design giving honest, open opinions which didn’t adhere to an absurd knee-jerk orthodoxy and they even went out of their way to acknowledge how shitty the writing for the average male character is as well. I think this would be a much nicer debate if more of the people having it acted like that (you know, mature, reasonable adults who want to have a conversation instead of preaching at you).

The Worst Guy

Post by The Worst Guy »

DARK SOULS.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Just prepaid completely my order for Borderlands 2. X-play said it had 60-hrs of gameplay for the story! Want want want. Looks real good. The artwork really grew on me. Not that I don't want the more realistic look of games like Dishonored, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Hitman, or Medal of Honor Warfighter. Now, if I can afford to get those, my wasted life will be complete. :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hittman wrote:
The first that I can really remember was one of those star trek games, with the 8x8 squares and the klingons you had to destroy.
I used to sneek into the "lab" at high school and play that on a printer that was connected to a mainframe via an acoustic coupler. There was no terminal. It would print out the grid and you'd type in your command. It would then print out the results. High tech.

My current obsession is World of Tanks. You drive around in WWII tanks and shoot at each other. It's a blast.
I loved playing that when I worked at Imperial College in 1980. We had the version with the, Gulp! Super Commander in it. If you ever ran into that mofo you'de better hope your long-range transporter was working OK...

Git

Post by Git »

LMU wrote:Does anyone else play Dwarf Fortress? Horrible ascii art graphics, but it simulates characters down to their guts and toes.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/index.html
I don't play DF but I do play Roguelikes heavily.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

I tried a little bit of The Secret World when it was free last weekend. Never played an MMO for me… and quickly found that it wasn't for me (that it took up 35GB of my hard drive didn't help). Which is a real shame because I loved what little I had time to see of the story. If only it had been single player…

I just got a new computer a few months back, so I've been rediscovering PC gaming and what I've been missing for the last five years or so. Been playing quite a bit of Skyrim. Though not nearly as much as most other people seem to, I'm only at 49 hours. Oh, and I got one of the best games ever the other day, Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon ;) I find that game way more entertaining than I ought to.

Also bought Game Maker 8.1 a couple of days ago, with the intention of making a (probably crap) platformer, for my own amusement. As I have no art skills at all, I'm experimenting with making clay figures and turning pictures of those into sprites. I'd say my first test turned out decent for an amateur. No animation yet.

http://dyingunderalienstars.files.wordp ... 128x96.jpg

Oh, and if anyone should feel like adding me on Steam, I use the same name there as here.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Dwarf Fortress has an adventurer mode that is somewhat similar to Roguelikes. I play it more for the fortress mode which plays a lot like the Dungeon Keeper games but it's a lot more detailed once you get used to the interface.

Another thing I like about DF is the modability. It's not difficult to add, edit, or remove things from the game and there are a lot of fan-made mods, which can be found here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/category.php?id=12

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

SLENDER MAN GAME WHAT THE FUCK I COULD ONLY PLAY FIVE MINUTES

ABOUT SHIT MYSELF

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

rayshul wrote:SLENDER MAN GAME WHAT THE FUCK I COULD ONLY PLAY FIVE MINUTES

ABOUT SHIT MYSELF
I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole. I like sleeping.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

TedDahlberg wrote:

ABOUT SHIT MYSELF
IT IS HORRIFYING

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

rayshul wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:

ABOUT SHIT MYSELF
IT IS HORRIFYING
What's that behind you?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

AHGHGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh.

I think I might play it again today. I watched some playthroughs with the sound off and was... more comfortable with the idea of it.

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

In case anyone is interested in VR gaming, I'll suggest checking out this kickstarter and contributing.

I've been waiting for something like this for literally twenty years. Could be a real disruptive technology if it takes off.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

I think I have a new favourite game. I say game… it's still in alpha, so it's more of a sandbox at the moment where you have to set your own goals. But what a sandbox! Kerbal Space Program. Basically you build rockets and launch them, trying to get into space without exploding or falling back to the planet. Beyond that you can attempt to land on the moon, and perhaps even get back to the planet. They seem to be adding new features regularly.

After a few hours of experimenting with rocket building I managed to break planetary orbit, and I can barely express how satisfying that felt after dozens of failed attempts or explosions. Of course my success still left the craft in a seemingly stable orbit around the sun without any fuel to get back home. Picture of that here. So my next step is probably to attempt building a rocket actually capable of reaching the moon, which is a whole lot more difficult. But fun!

Also, a video of some people playing:

[youtube]6cVkLmVnsH8[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

The Worst Guy wrote:DARK SOULS.
Brilliant game, I can't get through Sen's Fortress though. Fuck that place.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Flight Simulator 2004, Space Shuttle Mission (this one is fucking great), Plants Vs Zombies, Return to Castle Wolfenstein (with cheat codes, be cause it's fun to dispatch nazis and zombies with a Panzerschreck).

windy

Post by windy »

Git wrote: I don't play DF but I do play Roguelikes heavily.
I find the character @ really empowering as a woman.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

By the way if anyone does wanna game with me I have pretty much All The Games (for freez!!!) so hit me up in PM and we can go shoot zombies or some shit. Aside from secret world though I'm not a PC player.

GenerallyFading

Post by GenerallyFading »

I'm gone on "Oblivion". In some ways it's better than "Skyrim". At least there's not much stuttering. I'm busy collecting houses and running around killing deer. One good thing about "Skyrim" : the dead bunny count. I read up on the internet before playing too much, and was advised to select major skills that I don't really need (your character levels up the more you use your major skills). In "Morrowind", I did best with a character which DID use the major skills I selected. But in "Oblivion" you get pitted against characters which tend to be ranked with your character's level. So you select (for example) "Hand to hand" combat as a major skill, and then use a sword in all your battles. I'm now playing a much better, more balanced game than when I tried with a magic user who shot up in levels but now gets wiped out by a mountain lion.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

I haven't had any stuttering problem since they updated the PS3 a while back (for Skyrim). If only they would do the same thing with Fallout New Vegas - with all the DLC, my game is now unplayable with the current character.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I never got completely into Skyrim. Loved Oblivion so hard. I feel like I'm missing something but fuck that fucking climbing mountain shit was some fucking boring ass balls to get to that one big quest I just oculd not be even fucked.

Got Borderlands 2 now. Quite fun.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

About a month ago I opened an Ultima Online trial account...used to easily put in 20-30 hour /week in the late 90's. The oceana server was dead and connection to slow for other servers.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

There aren't by any chance any iPad-gamers here? A game or three of Summoner Wars against a bona fide human would be interesting.

If there's anyone here who has an iPad (I believe it's playable on iPhones as well) and hasn't tried Summoner Wars, go do so now. It's a lovely combination of card- board- and turn-based computer game. It's free to try with one available faction, and then you can buy the rest. Which I did after one game. I suspect I'll still be playing it years from now, it's that kind of game.

LMU

Post by LMU »

I recently received Endless Space as a birthday present. I haven't gotten to play it yet. Anyone else a fan of the genre or know about that iteration in particular?

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

LMU wrote:I recently received Endless Space as a birthday present. I haven't gotten to play it yet. Anyone else a fan of the genre or know about that iteration in particular?
*raises hand* Yo. I bought it when it released. Quite like it, though I found the combat a bit frustrating after a while. I tended to end up in arms races which I invariably lost. But that was as much flawed strategy on my part as any problem with the game. I will say this, it has one of the best user interfaces I've seen, very intuitive and tooltips everywhere. There's some fun back-stories to the various factions, but once in the game itself it felt like they lacked personality somewhat. But it definitely has that one more turn addictive quality of a good strategy game. I'll get back to it one of these days, I'm sure there have been updates since I last played.

LMU

Post by LMU »

TedDahlberg wrote:
LMU wrote:I recently received Endless Space as a birthday present. I haven't gotten to play it yet. Anyone else a fan of the genre or know about that iteration in particular?
*raises hand* Yo. I bought it when it released. Quite like it, though I found the combat a bit frustrating after a while. I tended to end up in arms races which I invariably lost. But that was as much flawed strategy on my part as any problem with the game. I will say this, it has one of the best user interfaces I've seen, very intuitive and tooltips everywhere. There's some fun back-stories to the various factions, but once in the game itself it felt like they lacked personality somewhat. But it definitely has that one more turn addictive quality of a good strategy game. I'll get back to it one of these days, I'm sure there have been updates since I last played.
Thanks that's good to hear! :D I really liked MoO 1&2 but not much since then has been interesting to me.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

LMU wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
Thanks that's good to hear! :D I really liked MoO 1&2 but not much since then has been interesting to me.
I think we can happily (or grumpily) agree that things were better in the old days. Never played much MoO, but I have vague memories of it being fun. I have tried liking all these new-fangled games, and while there is the occasional gem I think I have to accept that what I really like is what I was playing fifteen years ago. I mean I like new iterations of old things, like Endless Space, Civilization V, New Super Mario Bros or Torchlight II, but they're the same kind of game in modern packaging. I basically lost interest when every game moved to 3D. My most anticipated game this year? Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Oh, sweet, sweet isometric perspective.

LMU

Post by LMU »

TedDahlberg wrote:
I think we can happily (or grumpily) agree that things were better in the old days. Never played much MoO, but I have vague memories of it being fun. I have tried liking all these new-fangled games, and while there is the occasional gem I think I have to accept that what I really like is what I was playing fifteen years ago. I mean I like new iterations of old things, like Endless Space, Civilization V, New Super Mario Bros or Torchlight II, but they're the same kind of game in modern packaging. I basically lost interest when every game moved to 3D. My most anticipated game this year? Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Oh, sweet, sweet isometric perspective.
Yeah games with fancy new graphics can get off my lawn! *waves cane* I'll keep my Baldur's Gates and MoO clones and Dwarf Fortresses thank you very much!

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

LMU wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
Yeah games with fancy new graphics can get off my lawn! *waves cane* I'll keep my Baldur's Gates and MoO clones and Dwarf Fortresses thank you very much!

You are aware of Project Eternity? Spiritual successor to Greatest Game Ever™ Planescape: Torment? I threw my money so hard at the screen I think it cracked. Sure there's every possibility that the sweet grapes of possibility will turn into the sour wine of disappointment, but hey…

LMU

Post by LMU »

That looks very promising! Did you ever play the Avernum or Exile series? (Avernum just being Exile redone in isometric view.)

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

I haven't yet, but one of the first purchases for the iPad I got last month (after long resistance against anything Apple, I was assimilated, if only partially and grudgingly) was Avernum: Escape From the Pit, so I'm looking forward to getting into that. I did try it out very briefly for half an hour or so, and it was the mental equivalent of sliding into a hot bath on a cold winter's day. Would you recommend the rest of the series? I'm pretty sure I got most on them on Steam from some indie bundle or other…

LMU

Post by LMU »

I played them a long time ago back when they were "Exile" and not "Avernum" but I did like them a lot. I remember liking 2 and 3 more than the first one, so if Escape from the Pit seems mediocre you might like the later ones better.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

I was going to say that it seemed fine to me, then realised that the game I was talking about trying was actually Avadon: The Black Fortress. Oh well, I'm likely to play both sooner or later. As well as the other Avernum games, time permitting. After all there's banking to be done.
Did you ever play Arcanum? That's the one I'm personally hopelessly waiting for a sequel for. Though I never did finish it… hard drive crashed when I was somewhere near the end, lost my saves. I was too traumatised to start over.

LMU

Post by LMU »

I never played Arcanum. That's the one with steam punk dwarves right? Steam punk never really clicked with me the way it does with some people, but if they make a new rpg I might still look into it (: I had a similar thing happen to me with Earthbound. Got pretty close to the end and then catastrophe!

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Steampunk dwarves, elves, orcs and ogres, yes. Excellent, expansive game, but I can certainly see someone not into steam punk staying away. Ah, Earthbound, I've heard good things. Lived on the wrong continent for that one alas.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Playing a bit of Borderlands 2 with the new Mechnomancer - pretty cool class. Having fun with Zero and Maya as well.

Also playing Dishonored, which is a steampunk-ish world, and is a FPS stealth game (and being stealthy is not easy for me - my ending will be very dark). Magical powers are cool, and there are enough side quests and hidden/discoverable areas to make exploration worthwhile. Replay value looks good.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Badger3k wrote:Playing a bit of Borderlands 2 with the new Mechnomancer - pretty cool class. Having fun with Zero and Maya as well.

Also playing Dishonored, which is a steampunk-ish world, and is a FPS stealth game (and being stealthy is not easy for me - my ending will be very dark). Magical powers are cool, and there are enough side quests and hidden/discoverable areas to make exploration worthwhile. Replay value looks good.
I love Dishonored so much, if it were a person I would let it do unspeakable things to me. I spent four hours straight yesterday playing it, and I haven't played anything for that long for years (Civilization doesn't count, that's less a game and more a compulsion). And those four hours was just the first proper mission, going after the High Overseer. Not because I was bad at it, but because I kept exploring every nook and cranny of the level, doing the side quests and generally enjoying the world. I managed to get through the level killing only one guard, and doing the non-lethal takedown of the High Overseer. At the same time I can easily see someone going through the level in thirty minutes in a more action oriented play through, and having just as much fun. As I say I'm only a mission in, but so far it's reminded me of why I used to love gaming.

It's the little details that makes the world so great. It makes me smile every time I hear a guard whistle "What Shall We Do With the Drunken Whaler". Especially after finding the lyrics for it in a book…

Way-hey, and up she rises! :whistle:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Civilization doesn't count, that's less a game and more a compulsion
Which one do you play? I have to admit that Civ II is my favourite, although I haven't played it in several years. The later versions just do not sit well with me for some reason.

I am liking Skyrim a lot, though at times I do find it wee bit tedious, and it is not as compelling, for me, as Morrowind was.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Civ 2 was deffo the best out of the lot....

the Total War series have been fantastic and I should re-install steam and load up a few Total War games....

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

John Greg wrote:
Which one do you play? I have to admit that Civ II is my favourite, although I haven't played it in several years. The later versions just do not sit well with me for some reason.

I am liking Skyrim a lot, though at times I do find it wee bit tedious, and it is not as compelling, for me, as Morrowind was.
Civ II will probably remain my favourite as well. But lately I've been playing Civ V. I know some people seem to dislike it intensely, but personally I don't have a problem with it. It's difficult to dislike a Civ game with a Giant Death Robot unit.

I played through the main story of Skyrim, as well as the mage college quest line and a heap of other side stuff, and I think that'll be it for me. I'd really like to max out my Destruction skill, and enchant enough armour to make casting the spells free, but really at this point that seems more like work than fun. I spent about fifty hours in the game, I know that's nowhere near what a lot of people do, but as you say it becomes tedious.

I am very much waiting for Total War Rome 2.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Funny I didn't mention Mechwarrior 3, 4, and 4 Mercenaries.

MW 3 was my favorite, but I can't seem to have it run on my windows 7 laptop. And it's a shame, because I have a kickass Saitek X52* waiting to slay some Clan fuckers!

*http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52pro.html

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm loving the arse off XCOM: Enemy Unknown at the minute, and this is coming from someone who's never really looked at strategy games before, and used to hate turn-based games.

Properly good game, it is!