Nugent discussion moderation

Double wank and shit chips
Submariner

Nugent discussion moderation

Post by Submariner »

The following is a rejection e-mail by the mod team from the supposedly "less restrictive" discussion thread:
moderators@moderators.pair.com

3:34 AM (4 hours ago)

to me
Hi Submariner,

The moderation team feels that your post replying to Ariel on point (7) may be seen as ascribing negative motives or unethical behaviors to others and as such we feel it doesn't help move the process forward at this point. We wanted to let you know it won't be approved as is, but you can certainly revise your comment with more neutral wording then resubmit, and we'll consider that version.

To illustrate "how people are able to impose their beliefs on others in this context", you listed some actions that could affect someone's or some people's participation in a specific arena, with negative connotations about those actions and/or the impetus behind them; others might well disagree with the actions you relate, and/or with the impetus or purpose behind them.

The text of your statement as originally submitted is here:

"'7. I am confused by this statement. I don’t understand how people are able to impose their beliefs on others in this context.

Strongly agreed: the notion of imposing is indeed unclear; I think also that some of the most central issues in the debate depend on its clarification.'

Some methods of imposing: Shunning from otherwise earned speaking engagements, banning dissenting commenters, attempts to get people fired or removed from secular offices, labeling those with dissenting opinion with derogatory language, call out culture for the slightest departure from the party line, two different ethical criteria depending on dissent or assent, etc."

Thank you for your participation in this process.

-Moderation team

Submariner

Re: Nugent discussion moderation

Post by Submariner »

My reply:
to moderators
Sending revised section:

"'7. I am confused by this statement. I don’t understand how people are able to impose their beliefs on others in this context.

Strongly agreed: the notion of imposing is indeed unclear; I think also that some of the most central issues in the debate depend on its clarification.'

Some methods of imposing: Shunning from otherwise earned speaking engagements, banning dissenting commenters, starting petitions for removal from secular offices, labeling those with dissenting opinion with derogatory language, call out culture, two different ethical criteria depending on dissent or assent, etc."

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

G-mail:

Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>

8:27 AM (9 minutes ago)

to me
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found

daisyw

Post by daisyw »

So the contact email for their comment moderation team mysteriously failed? Odd.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Submariner wrote:G-mail:

Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>

8:27 AM (9 minutes ago)

to me
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found
There was a similar DNS failure reported a few days ago.

Looks like they cheaped out on their ISP :-)

(Or Lousy Cunt is their admin)

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

I sent my revised paragraph through the discussion website channel.

This is nothing like the commentary allowed by Nugent on the series of blogs he did starting with the 1st reply to Vacula.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Submariner wrote:I sent my revised paragraph through the discussion website channel.

This is nothing like the commentary allowed by Nugent on the series of blogs he did starting with the 1st reply to Vacula.
The highly restrictive moderation has killed it. It's deader 'n a doornail, for all intents and purposes.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Yes, Lsuoma, I think you are absolutely right. I've completely lost interest myself. Moderation is too restrictive, and the slowness of it all ... jesus. Also, the layout, formatting, and overall structure of the initial essays makes reading a serious chore -- and they are far too long and wordy and sloppy. All in all, this thing just wasn't properly thought out or set up.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

You're right John and Lsuoma. In addition the banshee screams of the FC(n) about the dialogue has completely died out. The speed/tedious nature of the process becomes apparent and the calls to end the proceedings stop.

I realize correlation is not causation in all cases, but ....

Apples

Post by Apples »

Yep - it's just the way Svan wanted it. Dead on arrival.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Apples wrote:Yep - it's just the way Svan wanted it. Dead on arrival.

At the current pace, we might be able to agree that an ocean is a large body of water by month's end.