Page of Hate

Double wank and shit chips

Page of Hate

Postby Jan Steen » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:26 am  •  [Post 1]

Page o’ Hate

This is a small fraction of the hate, bigotry and lies the Slymepit and its denizens are subjected to on a daily basis. Let’s start with some samples found on Pharyngula.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... onymously/

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... nt-page-1/
Fighting hypocrisy since Sun Oct 14, 2012.
Jan Steen

Re: Page of Hate

Postby Jan Steen » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:27 am  •  [Post 2]

Jan Steen

Postby Jan Steen » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:29 am  •  [Post 3]

Jan Steen

Postby Jan Steen » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:31 am  •  [Post 4]

Jan Steen

Postby LMU » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:34 am  •  [Post 5]

Because it is related, here is a link to a museum of Threat Displays started by Tigzy: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=256
"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."
Charitable interpretation of Elevator Guy.
"They" pronouns please.
LMU

Postby Jan Steen » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:34 am  •  [Post 6]

Jan Steen

Postby Jan Steen » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:35 am  •  [Post 7]

Jan Steen

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:47 am  •  [Post 8]

Did I really have to read all that shit? ?No, I guess I didn't.

Sickening!
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
Phil_Giordana_FCD

Postby LMU » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:57 am  •  [Post 9]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Did I really have to read all that shit? ?No, I guess I didn't.

Sickening!

Stop harassing Phil you francophobes!
"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."
"They" pronouns please.
LMU

Postby Jan Steen » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:59 am  •  [Post 10]

It may be useful to point out that Rodney Nelson and Ulysses are the same 'women-friendly' person (formerly known as Tis Himself).
Jan Steen

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:03 am  •  [Post 11]

LMU wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Did I really have to read all that shit? ?No, I guess I didn't.

Sickening!

"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
Phil_Giordana_FCD

Postby Dick Strawkins » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:08 am  •  [Post 12]

Jan Steen wrote:It may be useful to point out that Rodney Nelson and Ulysses are the same 'women-friendly' person (formerly known as Tis Himself).

Doxxer!

:D
PZ Myers: "Hypocrisy is a bitch, isn't it?"
Dick Strawkins

Postby Gefan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:12 am  •  [Post 13]

Hmmm. Bit short on lulz.
Have they never heard of photoshop?
Gefan

Postby Aneris » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:46 am  •  [Post 14]

Not to forget, systematic...

Chris Clarke & Commentariat essentailly says "fuck Dan Fincke and civility"
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ty-pledge/

This is of course a perfect position to whine about the Slymepit (wait, isn't that tone trolling or concern trolling anyway)?
Ѽ One of Discordianism's² primary tenets —certainly one of the most memorable— is to take nothing seriously while regarding everything as Serious Business³ // Aneris23 @ Twitter
Aneris

Postby LMU » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:12 am  •  [Post 15]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
LMU wrote:

Sickening!

[img http://robrien.orconhosting.net.nz/Careful%20Now.jpg[/img]

I was joking but maybe in poor taste, sorry Phil :oops: I actually find it sickening too.
"They" pronouns please.
LMU

Postby DW Adams » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:12 am  •  [Post 16]

[quote="Jan Steen"

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... er-forget/[/quote]

This is so true. I'm sure Google will show multiple instances of me saying, "women aren't human". (Well, excepting this instance, where I actually said it.)
Atheists Today | Twitter | Blog | Podcast| User formerly posted as Skeeve
DW Adams

Postby treestump » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:00 am  •  [Post 17]

how do i upload images? do I first have to put the image up to imgur then link from it, or can I add an image from my desktop as per [img]c:\temp\image.png[/img] ?
treestump

Postby DW Adams » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:48 am  •  [Post 18]

Yes, it needs to be hosted somewhere. Then just use the img tags around the url.
Atheists Today | Twitter | Blog | Podcast| User formerly posted as Skeeve
DW Adams

Postby Matt Cavanaugh » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:13 pm  •  [Post 19]

That lot all need to be institutionalized. I feel sad for them, really.

Keeping an archive of their twisted ravings would be great.
"They're so far up their own asses, they've gone full klein bottle. Never go full klein bottle." -- Welch
Matt Cavanaugh

Postby Jan Steen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:45 pm  •  [Post 20]

Some people go out of their way to please the FTB cultists by 'denouncing' the Slymepit. Recently JT Eberhard, who subtitles his blog ‘Fighting Religion Tooth and Claw’, made a sad spectacle of himself by grovelling belly up at the jackbooted feet of Stephanie Zvan, who came to tell him how to run his blog. He definitely wasn’t fighting her ‘tooth and claw’, rather the opposite (but it wasn't enough). In the course of his grovelling, JT grabbed the broadest brush he could find to paint his opinion of the Slymepit, which happened to coincide with the officially approved FTB* opinion.

JT Eberhard wrote:The harassers of women, the slymepitters, are bad people.

Why is it that when Slymepitters criticise blights on the atheist/skeptic community like Zvan or Rebecca Watson, the accusations of ‘harassment’ and ‘hatred of women’ are hurled about, but when similar criticism is directed at similar blights like PZ Myers or Greg Laden, then it is never called ‘harassment’ or ‘hatred of men’? When will skeptics stop falling for the sleezy tactic of equating criticism of women (or to be more accurate: certain women) with misogyny?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2013/06/harassers-of-stephanie-zvan-rebecca-watson-and-others-are-jerks/
Jan Steen

Postby Jan Steen » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:20 pm  •  [Post 21]

It's hard to keep up with all the impotent rage directed at the Slymepit, but this gem certainly deserves a place among the crown jewels here.

When 'asshole' just isn't disdainful and de-humanizing enough...

:bjarte:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamonds/2013/11/22/skepticon-guns-and-policies/#comment-355378
Jan Steen

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:18 am  •  [Post 22]

Wait a second! Wasn't it Myers who got his panties in a bunch because some guest blogger at Patheos was "dehumanizing" a dead jihadist by comparing him to a decease?

And in your exemple he doesn't pip out a single word of condemnation?

Fuck that crowd!
Phil_Giordana_FCD

Postby Jan Steen » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:22 am  •  [Post 23]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Wait a second! Wasn't it Myers who got his panties in a bunch because some guest blogger at Patheos was "dehumanizing" a dead jihadist by comparing him to a decease?

And in your exemple he doesn't pip out a single word of condemnation?

Fuck that crowd!

Phil, this was on Zvan's blog. But Myers is known to read there, so he may well have seen it. Zvan certainly has. She didn't object.
Jan Steen

Postby Skep tickle » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:17 pm  •  [Post 24]

Jeff Dee (yes, 'that' Jeff Dee, though FWIW I don't watch Atheist Experience & never heard of him before) creates an A+ forum account & posts an introduction thread.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5704
Jeff Dee wrote:Hi everyone. Yes, I'm 'that' Jeff Dee, former Atheist Experience host and co-host, current host of the Non-Prophets audio podcast from the Atheist Community of Austin.

I've been defending A+ for so long, in email and on facebook, I figured it was high time to sign up.

I probably won't be very active; I'm just too busy. Thanks for having me.

-Jeff Dee

So, anyway, that posted is dated 4 days ago, and a couple of A+ forum regulars have posted greetings, but no A+ mod has yet come by with a basket o' links for Mr Dee. :( Poor guy must be feeling horribly left out. (Especially Quiro_, one of the Blockbot staff created an introduction thread ~19 hrs earlier [url=http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5703[/url]and got a welcome basket from SubMor within 2 hrs. FWIW, Quiro_ introduced himself as an Episcopalian.)

Poking around online, I find that Jeff Dee is a game designer and is interested in transhumanism.

Didn't find much about him & the schism, though I also didn't look all that hard. There is this post from 7/2012 from his infrequently-updated blog: [url]http://wwjdee.blogspot.com[/url]
Sunday, July 01, 2012
Sexual Harassment Amongst the Unbelievers

There is a kerfuffle going on in the Atheist community. I've been pretty silent about it, but somebody asked me my opinion so I wrote the following response, which I would like to share. Non-atheists will find nothing of interest here; move along, you folks have your own problems ;-)

Okay. So just to be clear, the kerfuffle I'm talking about is the ongoing flame-fest over the issue of sexual harassment policies at Atheist conventions. So here's what I think.

I think what we're seeing is the consequence of trying to form a community out of a bunch of people who have abandoned our culture's default (Christian) rules of behavior. I'm not saying it was a mistake, I'm saying we all ought to face up to the fact that we have some work to do.

Some who've dumped Christianity feel that in the absence of its archaic sexual taboos, we should now all be free and open about our sexual impulses. Others who've dumped Christianity feel that in the absence of its patriarchal biases, we should now finally respect the absolute equal rights of women and have zero tolerance for unsolicited sexual advances.

I don't think the problem is that one side or the other is wrong. I think they're both mostly right. The problem, in my view, is that we lack a clear new cultural standard for behavior that accommodates both of these views by adopting reasonable limits to enable them to co-exist. Both sides are being a bit shrill and defensive, and that's entirely understandable, because both are fighting to make sure that the new emerging standards of behavior place as few limits on their side of the dispute as possible.

So while it can be unpleasant to listen to this infighting, I think we need to accept it as inevitable. I also think it could be healthy in the long run. Because if we never work through these differences then we won't be one community, we'll be two.

posted by Jeff Dee @ 7:03 PM 21 comments

(In the comments he sounds a little more one-sided, including calling one commenter an MRA)
"The Reader hereby agrees to accept all responsibility for any emotional turbulence that arises as a result of the perusal of this Text."
- Miri Mogilevsky
Skep tickle

Postby Skep tickle » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:49 pm  •  [Post 25]

Haha, that was meant for the main thread. Oops.
"The Reader hereby agrees to accept all responsibility for any emotional turbulence that arises as a result of the perusal of this Text."
- Miri Mogilevsky
Skep tickle

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:51 pm  •  [Post 26]

Skep tickle wrote:Haha, that was meant for the main thread. Oops.

I'll have what she's having.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Postby UnEasyOne » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:37 pm  •  [Post 27]

I'm new to the pit and haven't figured out how to navigate the site yet, or had time to read all the threads, so I hope I can be forgiven for asking a few questions.

I have encountered feminist lies before, so I apologize in advance for a question that may be considered insulting, but here goes: Are threats of violence actually tolerated here?

Can I start my own thread, or is there a place that explains such basic facts for me?

I guess that's all for now. Thanks
UnEasyOne

Postby Lsuoma » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:42 pm  •  [Post 28]

UnEasyOne wrote:I'm new to the pit and haven't figured out how to navigate the site yet, or had time to read all the threads, so I hope I can be forgiven for asking a few questions.

I have encountered feminist lies before, so I apologize in advance for a question that may be considered insulting, but here goes: Are threats of violence actually tolerated here?

Can I start my own thread, or is there a place that explains such basic facts for me?

I guess that's all for now. Thanks

Just jump in on the main thread - it's like a bar or pub chat. You can say pretty much whatever you want - just like everyone else here. There is only a vanishingly small set of things that will get you tossed out. Doxxing and spamming are the most likely. Those things are not tolerated at all.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Postby UnEasyOne » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:51 pm  •  [Post 29]

What is Doxxing"
UnEasyOne

Postby Lsuoma » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:13 pm  •  [Post 30]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Hide Reply Options[Hide] Post a reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.

Return to Freethought, Atheism, Skepticism and Science