Independent blogs about freethought

Double wank and shit chips
d4m10n

Independent blogs about freethought

Post by d4m10n »

FNG here. Looking for a list of atheist bloggers who are unaffiliated with any of the big collectives (FtB, SciBlogs, Patheos). I'm trying to repopulate my RSS reader, and of late I'm come to doubt the possibility of editorial independence while working within a major collective. Even ERV gets much heat for 'maintaining' the original slime-pits, and she never pledged allegiance to the FC.

Dave

Re: Independent blogs about freethought

Post by Dave »

A couple that Im fond of are
John Pieret at Thoughts in a Haystack: http://dododreams.blogspot.com/ and
John Wilkins at Evolving Thoughts: http://dododreams.blogspot.com/ (I believe Wilkins was part of the SciBlogs collective at one time.)

No, I dont make a habit of following bloggers named John. They were both t.o. denizens whose comments I respected, so I followed them when they started blags. (Interesting, that was the same process that led me to Pharyngula, but I got better, although not before he led me to Abbie.)

I should mention that neither was overly supportive of Abbie during Liftgate, if that is important to anyone.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Dave wrote: I should mention that neither was overly supportive of Abbie during Liftgate, if that is important to anyone.
I think Abbie prefers 'shaftgate' but that's really neither here nor there.

I'd recommend Russell Blackford, John Loftus, Adam Lee, and Matt McCormick. I'm sure there are plenty of others. Anyone else?

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

http://jesusfetusfajitafishsticks.blogspot.ca/ is good but very irregular these days.

bannedatheist

Post by bannedatheist »

Thank you! It's been my pet project to put such a list together and just recently discovered the slymepit, here. That reminds me... (BRB)...

There. Just added it to my blogroll at The B.A.N.

Basically, I set up an independent WordPress/BuddyPress/bbPress blog network -- like FtB with bells and whistles -- for people just like everyone here at The Slyme Pit, who are sick of professional atheists on speaking tours acting like they're movement leaders or some shit. It's called the Banned Atheist's Network b/c I and a few other folks were banned from DemocraticUnderground.com in a mini-purge of the Religion forum there. Not as harsh as being banned from FtB, which is supposed to be 'freethinking' after all.

I'll be lurking here moar, because it's lively and so far I like it. If anyone wants to drag any of these conversations up at The B.A.N., come and register and start posting stuff. Forums are pretty empty because it's brand new and only a few of us got the purge from DU, but I keep the articles up to date, blog, and draw atheist webcomics, so there's that, too.