Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
jugheadnaut

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:Hmm. I learned its meaning more as any plane too expensive to actually fly. Often in wonderful condition though.
I'm sure it morphed. And more befitting of the regal, nonfunctional imagery.
My understanding of the term is actually a hybrid of what you two said. A beautiful, usually vintage, aircraft that is airworthy, but due to its age the cost of maintenance/repairs would be so high that the owner prefers to just leave it in the hangar all the time to be admired.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

We need at least the MattasMaximus "we knew all along" RemieV and Wagg inputs. The rest is depressing howling from the JREF stalwarts.

I'm at work so can't really do this now.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Mykeru wrote:Well, I'm leaving the thread there. If you guys want to use it, have at it.
Tried. Registered the other day, tried to post, didn't go through. Dafuq.

Good work though. I think, just maybe, you'll get their attention.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:So glad that d1m0n3 is still lurking at the Pit, so he can on occasion drop profundities for us plebs to ruminate on.
He truly is the biggest cunt of all. Even when cunt sobers up enough to scrape the feces off his keyboard, he sticks around awhile.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:Hmm. I learned its meaning more as any plane too expensive to actually fly. Often in wonderful condition though.
I learned in a very functional 172, but right next to her was this beautiful tan, Staggerwing Beech. In the three years I flew that 172, never saw the Beechcraft move.

Similar:

http://i.imgur.com/EWZtRDT.jpg

sinister

Post by sinister »

Mykeru wrote:Well, I'm leaving the thread there. If you guys want to use it, have at it.
Sorry I got stuck in dad land for a bit. Let me try that again.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Actually I've iPad print screened all the Wagg and MattasMaximus comments. I'll compile tonight.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

[youtube]GqKPyUBRDJk[/youtube]

sinister

Post by sinister »

Was the thread nuked? I don't have permission for the threads.

CaptainFluffyBunny

And Mykeru suspended at JREF. What a bunch of dripping fucks moderate that board. Wagg and Smith might believe themselves very clever, but they've actually just handed their own asses up for a righteous lawsuit, and made JREF start to look as bad as CFI. From now on all my donations will go to The Slymepit Home for Wayward Girls.

Parody Accountant

[youtube]qfz-iGTUIxs[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

sinister wrote:Was the thread nuked? I don't have permission for the threads.
I can post to it but my message goes to moderation. Sort of like what happens when I comment at most of FtB.

Or Skepchick.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

You fuckers have been killing me all day. FUCKING LMAO!11!!!

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

Reading through the JREF thread, I believe that TJ now has some serious competition for the title of Biggest Aspie on the Internet! (Why, yes, I am an ableist fecal baron)

I guess I wasn't expecting any less from Mykeru, but Sinister proved himself a valiant contender.

sinister

Post by sinister »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:And Mykeru suspended at JREF. SoWhat a bunch of dripping fucks moderate that board. Wagg and Smith might believe themselves very clever, but they've actually just handed their own asses up for a righteous lawsuit, and made JREF start to look as bad as CFI. From now on all my donations will go to The Slymepit Home for Wayward Girls.
so we're grounded. Nice. I agree with you, this is quite a bind they put themselves in. I wonder if killing JREF was something they were ready to do?

Parody Accountant

[youtube]E9fMGq1W_fE[/youtube]

sinister

Post by sinister »

I'm an aspie? Who is TJ, what translator did you use to write this post?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:[Meta] I had pizza for dinner. It was delicious. [/Meta]
Was it a MetaLovers?

Parody Accountant

[youtube]dQHPSD6GYxo[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In general at JREF I try and annoy them with persistent argument.

They just saw through that and issued me a warning which boiled down says:

"You didn't actually break any rules but I think you are a dickhead anyway"

Ie -

"Your posts when viewed in total .... "

http://i.imgur.com/zp8ZIDh.jpg

sinister

Post by sinister »

Brive1987 wrote:In general at JREF I try and annoy them with persistent argument.

Ie -

there's bullshit, and there is that message. Wow.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Scented Nectar said:
And in Sally's case, it appears she gets off on incestuous forced sex.

Jeebles, SN, when did you become Ophelia and decide that a little playful kissing is forced sex?

Fantods all around.

Are the rest of you also forgetting that Sally's big crime was nothing more than a bit of playful kissing of her brother? I think the real problem here is that SallyFuckUp thinks that playful kissing is sexual assault.

Reminds of Justicar and his fucking Force Ten Over Navarone about surreptitiously placing some harmless innocent object in someone's pocket.

Parody Accountant

hey you fucks. watch those videos. I'm way too drunk. Won't remember this at all.

#eatAbowlOFfuck

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

CaptainFluffyBunny

sinister wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:And Mykeru suspended at JREF. SoWhat a bunch of dripping fucks moderate that board. Wagg and Smith might believe themselves very clever, but they've actually just handed their own asses up for a righteous lawsuit, and made JREF start to look as bad as CFI. From now on all my donations will go to The Slymepit Home for Wayward Girls.
so we're grounded. Nice. I agree with you, this is quite a bind they put themselves in. I wonder if killing JREF was something they were ready to do?
They have no idea what they're doing. They are children with whiskey and cigars. Poor Allison/RemieV gets Wagg to corroborate her story, and I really don't think either of them realized that either they or JREF were going to be put in a horrible position of being a REAL rape-enabler. If anything they're saying is remotely true. They have no clue, just go for whatever makes them feel good in the moment. Revenge, sex or a little of both.

It's sad that the JREF stalwarts didn't seem to realize you can't make Sheremer the bad guy without making Wagg and Smith look like rape-enablers. Their solution was brilliant, the sum of all SJW solutions; make the other side shut up. Nice. I hope one or all of them get to explain all of this in front of lawyers, judges and other big meanies.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ok let's do this the Pit way and frame the debate in a way we can understand.

Option 1: The Shermer Hypothesis

http://i.imgur.com/nrnkG1D.jpg

Option 2: The Smith Synopsis

http://i.imgur.com/s4LGloA.jpg

You decide on available evidence.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John Greg wrote:Scented Nectar said:

Jeebles, SN, when did you become Ophelia and decide that a little playful kissing is forced sex?

Fantods all around.

Are the rest of you also forgetting that Sally's big crime was nothing more than a bit of playful kissing of her brother? I think the real problem here is that SallyFuckUp thinks that playful kissing is sexual assault.

Reminds of Justicar and his fucking Force Ten Over Navarone about surreptitiously placing some harmless innocent object in someone's pocket.
Rape Apologist! :naughty:

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
Mykeru wrote:I guess we need a new one:

JREF Culpable in Covering Up Rape?

Have at it, you magnificent bastards.
I don't expect that thread will last.
What do you mean by "I"? Are you talking the Royal "I"? What is your concept of what self-identity means anyway?

You used the contraction "don't." Now, we'd assume you meant "do not," but we don't want to make any assumptions. Did you mean "do nut"? Like a pistachio? "Do nit?" Like the thing you need to get rid of when you have lice?

"Expect" is also a loaded term. Are you referring to a pregnant woman? If you're implying Alison Smith became pregnant after having sex with Shermer, it would be news to all of us.

"that" is a messy word; can you specify?

Many of us associate "thread" with the fiber product used to hold clothing together. Is this some kind of metaphor for how the Pit and JREF should remain united?

By "will," do you mean in the real world or the digital realm or in a fictional fantasy world?

Well, you're just getting philosophical with that last word. What does "last" really mean? Are you hinting at the transitory, temporary nature of life and everything involved in it?

I look forward to your replies; we just need to be on the same page before we can understand each other.

sinister

Post by sinister »

The strange bit is these folks say they knew the whole time, but they sure worked hard to stir up the hornet's nest. Did they think that sort of belittling and malicious name calling would be applauded when they announced they knew the whole time?

CaptainFluffyBunny

The pit seems like the last place you can actually post something without it being moderated, banned or deemed "too mean" byt people who just really don't like to think.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
John Greg wrote:Scented Nectar said:

Fantods all around.

Rape Apologist! :naughty:
Hardly. :dance:
I don't agree with John Greg on the "acceptable topics" thing, but I do agree with him here. Especially if "Sam Strange" doesn't care about it. I fail to see, given the evidence, how it's "sexual assault".
Bullying behavior? Yeah, I'll go along with that.
Sexual assault? No chance.
Unless kissing is used as a euphemism for a blow job [involuntary & obligatory shudder] or something. From the sound of it in the quote that was cited, "Sally Strange" merely gave "Sam Strange" a bad case of cooties. Not sexual assault. :doh:

CaptainFluffyBunny

sinister wrote:The strange bit is these folks say they knew the whole time, but they sure worked hard to stir up the hornet's nest. Did they think that sort of belittling and malicious name calling would be applauded when they announced they knew the whole time?
Just another fucking clique of dingleberries hanging in the same ass. Snide, vindictive and caring about truth as much as anything that isn't themselves, which is not a lot.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Brive1987 wrote:Ok let's do this the Pit way and frame the debate in a way we can understand.

[snip]

Given that the evidence for the Shermer Hypothesis is clearly fake, it goes to Smith by default.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Really? wrote:What do you mean by "I"? Are you talking the Royal "I"? What is your concept of what self-identity means anyway?

You used the contraction "don't." Now, we'd assume you meant "do not," but we don't want to make any assumptions. Did you mean "do nut"? Like a pistachio? "Do nit?" Like the thing you need to get rid of when you have lice?

"Expect" is also a loaded term. Are you referring to a pregnant woman? If you're implying Alison Smith became pregnant after having sex with Shermer, it would be news to all of us.

Many of us associate "thread" with the fiber product used to hold clothing together. Is this some kind of metaphor for how the Pit and JREF should remain united?

By "will," do you mean in the real world or the digital realm or in a fictional fantasy world?

Well, you're just getting philosophical with that last word. What does "last" really mean? Are you hinting at the transitory, temporary nature of life and everything involved in it?

I look forward to your replies; we just need to be on the same page before we can understand each other.
Because I doubt Damion will say it: FUCK OFF. :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. I found it hilarious.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

sinister wrote:The strange bit is these folks say they knew the whole time, but they sure worked hard to stir up the hornet's nest. Did they think that sort of belittling and malicious name calling would be applauded when they announced they knew the whole time?
Don't make me ask what happened between Jan 2013 and Aug 2013 again. Just don't.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Oh, and if you want some Sally Strange insights or just need to feel better about your own life (no matter how pathetic that may be) read her blog. If she wasn't such a viscous excuse for a human being, I'd pity her.

http://strangesally.wordpress.com/

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Ok let's do this the Pit way and frame the debate in a way we can understand.

[snip]

Given that the evidence for the Shermer Hypothesis is clearly fake, it goes to Smith by default.

I Demand a recount. Manual, if possible.

Parody Accountant

[youtube]jR2Hpv6EvRU[/youtube]

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Here's Phil Plait beclowning himself again:
There are people who knee-jerk violently against even the idea that men and women should have equal rights, and while they are few, they are so very, very loud.
OK, the way its phrased, at least the first part is clearly true. I'm sure there are such people out there. And he's right that they are few. But he's saying writing about women's issues is difficult because these people are so loud you're certain to get violent criticism from them.

I think in the entire time I've been in this notorious den of offensive crude mysogynists I've never heard anything but support for the idea that men and women should have equal rights. In fact, I don't recall seeing an argument against the idea that men and women should have equal rights anywhere, obvious jokes and trolls notwithstanding. Outside of fundamentalist religious sites and men's supremacist sites (different than MRA), which are the Deepest Siberia of the internet, these people simply don't exist.

So he's going with the 'feminism just means women are people too' line. And, of course, this necessarily implies patriarchy, rape culture, the 77 cents on the dollar wage gap, the 2% false rate report rate, women's lived experiences as unquestionable truth, always believing the female victim etc. So if you dispute any of these, I guess you must be disputing the idea that men and women should have equal rights.

sinister

Post by sinister »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Don't make me ask what happened between Jan 2013 and Aug 2013 again. Just don't.
Oh I won't. I would like to know as well. The fallout from this mess may hurt a lot more than Shermer. In fact due to the mess they are admitting they created, I don't think he will catch the brunt of it. Mission accomplished I guess.

UncaYimmy

Post by UncaYimmy »

Brive1987 wrote:In general at JREF I try and annoy them with persistent argument.

Ie -

Well, I'm the one for whom they coined the term "Body of Work," so you should feel honored to be among my court.

They really do have a thing about treating women like helpless children there. LashL, an admin, once accused me of thread-stalking another member. This woman was at the time the 2nd most prolific poster, so naturally we were in a number of threads together. Statistically, she entered more threads after me than I entered threads after her. I guess that was reverse stalking.

Understand this very important thing: The mods respond to reports almost exclusively as opposed to reading the thread and making decisions. People like Colander get away with it because people don't report its posts. Thing is, there's a pattern where after someone such as yourself gets dinged, that person catches on and starts reporting similar posts. Only the mods don't think those posts are that bad and think you are "abusing the reporting system," so you get dinged again.

I recommend you start a thread in Forum Management Questions asking for the mods to cite which posts that in aggregate merit an infraction and what steps you can take to avoid doing it again. After all if each of your posts by itself was not against the rules, there must be something you're missing.

Then sit back and watch the shit-storm.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

So, is Alison Wonderland is the "hand grenade"?

I'm going to be crude here, and provide that dumb bitch Stephanie Svan plenty of quote-mine fodder.

Everything I've read so far about (& by) Smith indicates that she goes to these functions balls-to-the-wall DTF. While she was out partying, her BF was, what, back at the condo watching SyFy? Or maybe he was sucking dick, I dunno. So maybe they have an open relationship. I'm not judging, but that means she went to that party, dressed as Alice, totes DTF.

Shermer apparently likes to score while on the road. All the pictures I've seen of these parties show Shermer with his paws on some woman. surrounded by anemic geeks in geek t-shirts. In contrast, Shermer -- although a short, unattractive middle-aged man -- is dressed more snazzy and has those biker quads. Plus he's the biggest frog at these small-pond, incestuous circle-jerks. Plus, he knows how to woo, while these other geeks are still experimenting at home with bags of sand. Hell, man, when Phil Plait is your nearest competition in the room , you might as well aim for a threesome!

Drinking is a standard part of mating ritual. Both parties chose it. There's a reason I was born nine months after New Years' Eve! So Alice gets drunk and walks around the strip with Shermer. They are flirting. That's a given. She's clearly ambulatory at this point, and decides to ambulate to Shermer's room, where they fuck, as both intended. Then the nine kamikaze's finally make it to her brain, and she blacks out. (h/t Strawkins.) While she's snoring, Shermer ogles himself in the bathroom mirror, flexes his 50 year-old saggy pecs and muses, 'So, four inches times 1,001 pussies equals... ?"

Alice comes to and staggers into the hallway, presses "Down" (O, the irony!) and flops into the elevator. She passes out again, so the doors open and close, open and close. Finally coming to again, she's so fucked up she has to call her so-called BF to rescue her. By his reaction, I'm guessing this sort of thing happens a lot with this floozy lush, which is why he chose to spend the evening in the comfort of the condo watching SyFy and sucking dick.

One big BFD.

So, is Shermer a sleaze? Mos def. He seems to have a massive ego, and while his contribution to skepticism is marginally in the black, I could take him or leave him.

Alison Smith is a nobody I'd never heard of before. She clearly went to that party with the intention of fucking somebody. Given the meat at that sad market, a discerning person would have passed. But she's a groupie, or maybe she just has low self-esteem, so she chose to fuck the celebrity.

I'm reminded of an anecdote from baseball pitcher Bill Lee's memoirs. On one long road stand, a local woman fan developed a hot, nightly romance with a Red Sox pitcher. Each game, they'd coo and dote on each other, one from the bleachers, the other from the bullpen. During the last game, the woman bawled uncontrollably. Her older, wiser, groupie consoled her by throwing an arm around her shoulder and saying, "there, there dear, it's going to be alright. The Orioles are in town tomorrow."

Shermer, Smith; all this lot are worthless fucks, and the sooner JREF dies and TAM morphs into an Ancient Alien event, the better for the advance of skepticism.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Opyt wrote:
Really? wrote:What do you mean by "I"? Are you talking the Royal "I"? What is your concept of what self-identity means anyway?

Because I doubt Damion will say it: FUCK OFF. :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. I found it hilarious.
Thanks! I'm not sure why, but he doesn't seem to like his own style of argument.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Sulman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Strangely enough Damion got the last word.
When the last missiles have fallen, and the cities are laid to waste, Damo will be there.

"Are you sure this is the apocalypse? Your evidence is lacking."
The Damion stood tall. Proud.

Mocking.

"See what you have wrought?", he yelled into the dusty wastelands. "You all thought that I could be bested, that you - you pathetic keyboard tappers - could have the final word in a battle against The Damion."

Shifting slightly to present his most favorable angle to the camera Gods, a million twinkling fragments of the ruined city fell from his hooded top, and twinkled in the sunlight as only twinkling fragments can twinkle. In the sunlight.

"Well listen to this, all you who have doubted me: I, The Damion, will never - never - be bested in an internet argument. Yes, I will bring down your cities in fiery flames of fire. Yes, I will lay waste to your cities...again, using fiery flames of fire to do so. But I...WILL...NEVER......allow a single one of you motherfuckers to have the last..."

It seems like an entire city block has grown legs. Whole buildings, neighborhoods, desirable school districts, begin rising from the mass of crumpled concrete. Raised by the power of muscles no human could dream of, and, emerging from this wrecked mess of civilization comes...a thing of legend. A beast which no man has dared even speak of for centuries, lest its mythical power somehow come to play upon this world. A vision from humanity's innate, subconscious nightmare. A creature whose natural domain is unknown, but which is suspected to involve millenia of tedious arguing about whether the goose's gander is preferable to the sauce, or something. A thing of unknowable power, which...yeah, alright, it's Steersman, I think we're all clear on that by now.

And this mighty creation, born out of some sick God's frenzied imagination, opens its mouth, breathes in, and then...exhales..."While I am not entirely without sympathy for your announcement as being the final word on this matter, may I just point out that...citation...citation...citation..."

----------------

In the following years, as humans crawled from the gaps in a broken landscape and began rebuilding a shattered-mirror version of The World Before, they all held close one thought. A legend, a myth, a rumor. But so persistent that it became almost a fact. The world had been saved from a single, evil man. And not by some superheroic figure of Good and Right, but by another man. Just a man. A man.

http://i.imgur.com/jpnKBE5.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has a perception post up complaining that atheists are now seen in the wider community as MRA. He provides a cartoon as proof of this trend. And sheds big man tears.

The cartoon shows a MRA atheist being heckled by the heroine before she is thrown out of the club.

Given the events of the past few days at JREF, the last panel is is aptly ironic.

Replace the interrogators with Mattus tsig colander and all the gang.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... more-20744

http://i.imgur.com/7uDcdec.jpg

sinister

Post by sinister »

I've been wondering why the hell colander one of the worst posters there never gets dinged. He / she is straight up vile at times.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Lsuoma wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:[Meta] I had pizza for dinner. It was delicious. [/Meta]
Was it a MetaLovers?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I have just finished a bowl of homemade full-fat organic yoghurt with homemade raspberry coulis (not too much sugar) and it was fucking awesome. Fuck you, bitches!

CaptainFluffyBunny

So little Paulie gets a two-fer on the Horseman by making Randi look bad. I don't think he planned it...it's too intelligent for him by far, how could he know this would look bad for James Randi? He knows he'll never make Horseman, or even "My Little Pony" runner-up, so he tries to burn it all. And succeeds past his nastiest dreams. If Allison Smith complained to JREF, and they did nothing, he's got outrage blogs from here to eternity. Another old, white atheist rape-enabler/apologist. Allison becomes a martyr, and all the fucktards sleep well at night.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

sinister wrote:I've been wondering why the hell colander one of the worst posters there never gets dinged. He / she is straight up vile at times.
Personally I have this weird slymepit ethic of "no-one on ignore, no-one reported to mods"

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:So, is Alison Wonderland is the "hand grenade"?

I'm going to be crude here, and provide that dumb bitch Stephanie Svan plenty of quote-mine fodder.

Everything I've read so far about (& by) Smith indicates that she goes to these functions balls-to-the-wall DTF. While she was out partying, her BF was, what, back at the condo watching SyFy? Or maybe he was sucking dick, I dunno. So maybe they have an open relationship. I'm not judging, but that means she went to that party, dressed as Alice, totes DTF.

Shermer apparently likes to score while on the road. All the pictures I've seen of these parties show Shermer with his paws on some woman. surrounded by anemic geeks in geek t-shirts. In contrast, Shermer -- although a short, unattractive middle-aged man -- is dressed more snazzy and has those biker quads. Plus he's the biggest frog at these small-pond, incestuous circle-jerks. Plus, he knows how to woo, while these other geeks are still experimenting at home with bags of sand. Hell, man, when Phil Plait is your nearest competition in the room , you might as well aim for a threesome!

Drinking is a standard part of mating ritual. Both parties chose it. There's a reason I was born nine months after New Years' Eve! So Alice gets drunk and walks around the strip with Shermer. They are flirting. That's a given. She's clearly ambulatory at this point, and decides to ambulate to Shermer's room, where they fuck, as both intended. Then the nine kamikaze's finally make it to her brain, and she blacks out. (h/t Strawkins.) While she's snoring, Shermer ogles himself in the bathroom mirror, flexes his 50 year-old saggy pecs and muses, 'So, four inches times 1,001 pussies equals... ?"

Alice comes to and staggers into the hallway, presses "Down" (O, the irony!) and flops into the elevator. She passes out again, so the doors open and close, open and close. Finally coming to again, she's so fucked up she has to call her so-called BF to rescue her. By his reaction, I'm guessing this sort of thing happens a lot with this floozy lush, which is why he chose to spend the evening in the comfort of the condo watching SyFy and sucking dick.

One big BFD.

So, is Shermer a sleaze? Mos def. He seems to have a massive ego, and while his contribution to skepticism is marginally in the black, I could take him or leave him.

Alison Smith is a nobody I'd never heard of before. She clearly went to that party with the intention of fucking somebody. Given the meat at that sad market, a discerning person would have passed. But she's a groupie, or maybe she just has low self-esteem, so she chose to fuck the celebrity.

I'm reminded of an anecdote from baseball pitcher Bill Lee's memoirs. On one long road stand, a local woman fan developed a hot, nightly romance with a Red Sox pitcher. Each game, they'd coo and dote on each other, one from the bleachers, the other from the bullpen. During the last game, the woman bawled uncontrollably. Her older, wiser, groupie consoled her by throwing an arm around her shoulder and saying, "there, there dear, it's going to be alright. The Orioles are in town tomorrow."

Shermer, Smith; all this lot are worthless fucks, and the sooner JREF dies and TAM morphs into an Ancient Alien event, the better for the advance of skepticism.
:lol: :lol:

I definitely missed your contributions the two of so weeks you were gone.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
My understanding of the term is actually a hybrid of what you two said. A beautiful, usually vintage, aircraft that is airworthy, but due to its age the cost of maintenance/repairs would be so high that the owner prefers to just leave it in the hangar all the time to be admired.
"Vintage", "beautiful", "airworthy" -- all just social constructs.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Parody Accountant wrote:[youtube]jR2Hpv6EvRU[/youtube]
I wish Parsehole was here to see this. :clap: to you, PA, for your freewheeling spirit. It's a fresh of breath air.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Brive1987 wrote:
sinister wrote:I've been wondering why the hell colander one of the worst posters there never gets dinged. He / she is straight up vile at times.
Personally I have this weird slymepit ethic of "no-one on ignore, no-one reported to mods"
oh I'm not offended, thier moderation choices have just never made a lick of sense to me.

Really?

Post by Really? »

NO SHIT. How the fuck can a person a skeptic and a TRUE BELIEVER all at once?

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Well I found this is interesting:
Apparently Emma Watson nudes are due for release in a few days as retaliation for her UN speech

Only ... the people behind the reporting didn't know how to, or chose not to, look hard enough at their source. :lol:

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

sinister wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
oh I'm not offended, thier moderation choices have just never made a lick of sense to me.
Brive, you're a better one than I. I report instances of spam when I see them. :lol:

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Brive1987 wrote:Personally I have this weird slymepit ethic of "no-one on ignore, no-one reported to mods"
Absolutely.

sinister

Post by sinister »

So i accidentally stumbled on this thread at JREF trying to figure out where i could push back against the moderators. Behold the discussion that the reason traffic is dropping at JREF is sexism.

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=283276

Apparently there is no end to what sexism is responsible for. Usual suspects are present of course.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

I'd love to do something more substantial with this, but it is time for head to meet pillow.

Anyone who doesn't mind giving Meyers a cent, go to this post and CTRL-F for "intron". Watch as The Herd begin by attacking a non-group commenter, then back away like tazed puppies as soon as the newb mentions they were sexually assaulted. It's fascinating that these people, who scream for "evidence!" and "peerreviewed citations!" for anything which does not exactly match their opinion (FLOOSH), will become the meekest little cowards at the first mention (by anonymous internet people) of sexual abuse.