The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Service Dog »

Today's episode of Sam Harris' 'Waking Up' podcast features guest Jordan Peterson.

The title is 'What is True?' and the bulk of the discussion is directly concerned with why Peterson insists his religious beliefs are more true than science.

Im an hour into it. I love it. Both men are holding their own & are graceful in their mutual respect, while staunchly defending their own conceptions.

Im curious to hear Kirbmarc's reaction to the linguistic claims.

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/what-is-true

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
rayshul wrote:They need to ditch identity politics. And they aren't. They're doubling down.
They are indeed. Emboldened with a sense of genuine grievance. Trump has energized and united them. He might not be the answer to SJWism, but instead its salvation. Food for thought.
It will be a refreshing change to have all troubles of the world for the coming decade blamed on Trump, rather than Bush.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Parody Accountant wrote:Thanks for the answer. So he was on team russia, pretending to be on team uk, while in fact he was still on team russia...

Isn't that a single-agent? not a triple?
A mole pretends to to work for the enemy as a rank and file employee and feeds information back to their boss.

A double-agent pretends to be a mole and feeds disinformation to one boss while collecting real intel for another.

A triple agent pretends to be a double agent. It gets confusing fast.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Saw this trending >>> #WomenWhoHaveInspiredMe

Abbie Smith, naturally.
Pffft. That lazy cunt spends all her time on here telling us how she is doing great science which will save lives. Meanwhile there are sisters like Watson and McEwan who every single morning waddle downstairs, flub their enormous rumps onto a chair, and spend the day tweeting, gaming, and writing about their experiences as women of size living in a Nazi state. No comparison, dude.
Does it even ovulate, bro? Does themxir even identify as plural?

ERV can inspire until the cows come home, but if it don't ovulate it ain't woman. And if it mono-pronouns, it ain't 'women'. Just a big ol Floosh.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Kirbmarc wrote:The "Women's March" is led by an islamist who supports sharia law and the government of Saudi Arabia:
[tweet][/tweet

Fucking insane. This is like a "Black people's march" being led by a KKK sympathizer. The US left is fucked.
It's a fucking mess, really.

Honestly, I'm really fucking scared about what's going to happen when this authoritarian culture makes a shift away from modern values. Because it's going to happen, and some amount of that culture is going to go right along with it. It's going to be a mess.

The warning for me of this is when we see a widespread targeting of the male LGBT community, when "TERF" values and ideas go mainstream. That's the first step. Where it stops? Who knows.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote:Today's episode of Sam Harris' 'Waking Up' podcast features guest Jordan Peterson.

The title is 'What is True?' and the bulk of the discussion is directly concerned with why Peterson insists his religious beliefs are more true than science.

Im an hour into it. I love it. Both men are holding their own & are graceful in their mutual respect, while staunchly defending their own conceptions.

Awww... sheeeiiiit, boy howdy. Im at 1h55m & Sam Harris seems to have swung-wide & left his jaw exposed for a k.o. Harris invoked the example of whether it's 'true' that Peterson's wife is cheating on him. Such a primal, freudian, passive-aggressive allegory to choose! And Harris' voice is getting huffy in his signature losing-patience way.

Gad Saad would be delighted to say darwinian evolution might cultivate a blindspot... in-which it's evolutionarily advantageous for Peterson to be a natural-born cuck... incapable of believing it TRUE his wife is cheating on him... because the alternative is likely to lead to a murder-suicide & infanticide... which leaves the whole peterson family dead, as well as that sneaky fucker richard carrier! mutually-assured extinction!

Harris' jungian unconscious is backstabbing Harris' own logical-brain... selecting nightmare scenario metaphors... which ultimately favor peterson's position! yee-haw...

this is good rasslin

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Abbie Smith, naturally.
Our Abbie sure has inspired me.
She's the only old woman scientist I fap to.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Clarence wrote:

Abbie Smith, naturally.
Our Abbie sure has inspired me.
She's the only old woman scientist I fap to.
My scientist crush has always been Christmas Jones.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Maaan, Sam Harris is such a magnificent clod. He seems utterly unaware that he couldnt move directly forward on Peterson's thesis... but neither would he let Peterson put-aside their impasse & approach the problem laterally from any other angle. At least he bowed-out & crowdsourced the problem. Tho appealing to reddit to provide... wisdom... is laughable.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Parody Accountant wrote:I'm seriously,

what is a triple agent
Good to see you back PA. And also good that the Pit's special assistance dog has been keeping tabs on you.

Now. Being cereal. It's a double agent who convinces one side that he is their double agent when in fact he is a double agent for the other side.

Here's a triple scoop ice cream for you. It's not a triple agent.

https://lmfields.files.wordpress.com/20 ... -cone1.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:
Awww... sheeeiiiit, boy howdy. Im at 1h55m & Sam Harris seems to have swung-wide & left his jaw exposed for a k.o. Harris invoked the example of whether it's 'true' that Peterson's wife is cheating on him. Such a primal, freudian, passive-aggressive allegory to choose! And Harris' voice is getting huffy in his signature losing-patience way.

Gad Saad would be delighted to say darwinian evolution might cultivate a blindspot... in-which it's evolutionarily advantageous for Peterson to be a natural-born cuck... incapable of believing it TRUE his wife is cheating on him... because the alternative is likely to lead to a murder-suicide & infanticide... which leaves the whole peterson family dead, as well as that sneaky fucker richard carrier! mutually-assured extinction!

Harris' jungian unconscious is backstabbing Harris' own logical-brain... selecting nightmare scenario metaphors... which ultimately favor peterson's position! yee-haw...

this is good rasslin
I'll listen to the podcast later but evolutionary wise the scenario you propose doesn't make any sense from a gene point of view. If your wife has a child which isn't your own you won't pass on your genes, so a blindspot towards cheating isn't an evolutionary advantage.

Also murder-suicide isn't the inevitable consequence of discovering cheating, in most animal species the violence and intimidation is only directed to the "Richard Carrier" to prevent him from having access to the female. Once the cheating has already happened the warning system against cheating has failed, from an evolutionary point of view it's much more advantageous to prevent cheating by creating an emotional bond and by giving rise to an alarm system against potential threats, namely jealousy.

I think you're confusing the socially widespread response to fully accomplished cheating in "shame cultures" (where what's important is social status, so accepting the fait accompli is a social death) with an evolutionary evolved instrument of prevention of cheating (don't trust potential rivals).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

It's the same problem with terrorism prevention, once the terrorist attack happens the prevention system has already failed, the goal is identifying threats and dealing with them, not responding to what's been done.

In the context of cheating the threat from an evolutionary point of view is a lesser chance of passing on your genes because your female partner is pregnant with a child that doesn't carry your genes. Once she's already pregnant, or has a good chance of being already pregnant, your warning system has already failed. The goal of the warning system against cheating, which is jealousy, is to prevent cheating in the first place with identifying the "Carrier" threat and dealing with him (through intimidation or violence).

False positives aren't very costly from an evolutionary point of view (you yell at or break the bones of the wrong guy) while false negatives are (you raise a child which isn't yours, so you lessen the chances of passing on your genes). So jealousy evolved as a safeguard since a blindspot would have wiped away the genes of the unsuspecting cucks.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SZvan explains the circumstances where it is OK to hit your ideological opponent.

Boils down to "always" if they become annoying enough.

That way leads to 'cunt kicking' m'lady (sic)

http://i.imgur.com/i6WPEjs.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Basically it goes likes this:

Typically in a pre-agricultural society the mean number of children is around 6 per woman, of which roughly 2 will survive until adulthood (due to diseases, injury, etc.) (the population growth in those societies is close to zero).

If cheating causes impregnation just once man X passes on his genes to five children while man Y passes on his genes to one child. Assuming for the sake of argument that all the children are equally likely to survive to adulthood the are 6!/2!4! = 15 ways of choosing two children out of a set of six. The combinations which include the "extraneous" child are 5 (one for each of the other children). So the probability that one of the surviving children is the "extraneous" child is 5/15, 1/3.

Which means that even if cheating causes impregnation just once man X reduces its chances of passing on his genes of one third. That's a lot. In this situation not caring about cheating really doesn't pay, and man X has a big evolutionary incentive to suspect cheating and intimidate or even attack any potential rival.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:SZvan explains the circumstances where it is OK to hit your ideological opponent.

"If you really wanted those filthy kulaks who hid their wheat and flour not to get killed you should have fought them and requisitioned their products through the normal means of the communism of war, comrade".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sunder wrote:Jerry's still perpetuating the "white house website purged of civil rights and climate change issues" myth.
Brendan O'Neill on the related fakenews phenomenon:

Not sure that that is intentional propagandizing, pathological confabulation - bit of a career-limiting flaw in journalists, or rumour-mongering with an attendant lack of care in checking sources due to a "publish-or-perish" imperative. In any case, as O'Neill says, "And they wonder why people don't trust the mainstream media".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Parody Accountant wrote:I'm seriously,

what is a triple agent
Welcome back, PA. Sorry to hear you're hitting a rough patch. Maybe not much consolation, but, as they say, "tough times don't last, tough people do". :-)

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Karmakin wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:The "Women's March" is led by an islamist who supports sharia law and the government of Saudi Arabia:
[tweet][/tweet

Fucking insane. This is like a "Black people's march" being led by a KKK sympathizer. The US left is fucked.
It's a fucking mess, really.

Honestly, I'm really fucking scared about what's going to happen when this authoritarian culture makes a shift away from modern values. Because it's going to happen, and some amount of that culture is going to go right along with it. It's going to be a mess.

The warning for me of this is when we see a widespread targeting of the male LGBT community, when "TERF" values and ideas go mainstream. That's the first step. Where it stops? Who knows.
She's an American fake Muslim political player. She also acknowledges that Israel "has a right to exist" since she knows she won't gain any traction in Washington if she doesn't. You will note she is never photographed without her hijab, knowing it's her passport to the head of the line.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:She's an American fake Muslim political player. She also acknowledges that Israel "has a right to exist" since she knows she won't gain any traction in Washington if she doesn't. You will note she is never photographed without her hijab, knowing it's her passport to the head of the line.
She's a Saudi shill, and these days Saudi Arabia has allied itself with Israel against Iran.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

http://i.imgur.com/TJk0dws.jpg

It's a beautiful world we live in
A sweet romantic place
Beautiful people everywhere
The way they show they care makes me want to say
It's a beautiful world
Oh what a beautiful world
For you

It's a wonderful time to be here
It's nice to be alive
Wonderful people everywhere
The way they comb their hair makes me want to say
It's a wonderful place
Oh what a wonderful place
For you, for you, for you, for you, for you, for you, not me

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

What a pussy fascist dictatorship this is.

Where are the tanks? Where are the bodies? Who let all this riffraff into the room?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Transport the lot of them

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote:Transport the lot of them
Public transport?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote:It's a beautiful world we live in <snip>
It's also a wonderful life...

[youtube][/youtube]

I loves me some Cave!

8-)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:SZvan explains the circumstances where it is OK to hit your ideological opponent.

Such scary. So menace.

"A buffet manager once tried to cut me off. I ate his pasta bar with chicken wings and a nice chianti..."

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Worthless sods like Richard Spencer never got attention until the media went nuts looking for any signs of Nazis and dug up that worthless white nationalist. They gave him more attention in the past few months than he has ever received in the past decade. Just in time to help the very few like minded idiots find him and consider joining him.

People like that are not news worthy and should not have been promoted.

feathers

Post by feathers »

screwtape wrote:Previous generations of troublesome Scots have forgotten (conveniently) their past; this area is full of Reiver family names but not one in a hundred could say who the border reivers were.
Let me guess, they were the borderline dyslectics of the River family?
;)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Ape+lust wrote:
No idea why but her wobbly jowls make me think of the queen alien ovipositor.

Ugh, very fucking ugh!

Malky

Post by Malky »

Karmakin wrote:

This statement by Muslims always makes me laugh - there is nothing that is called interest attached to the loan but you will certainly pay for the time value of the money advanced (= interest) although it will be characterised as something else. This is no different to what Jews do in trying to avoid work on the Sabbath. They time themselves in knots to avoid calling a spade a spade - extremely hypocritical and nonsensical. In accounting for this under western accounting rules there would be interest in the P&L.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sunder wrote:Peez is <60. Average US life expectancy is high 70s. Peezy's state even has the highest average male life expectancy in the nation (second highest for women).
I think I'm beginning to understand his latter day worries: on March 9 2017, the dreaded 60 will kick in.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Bhurzum wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
No idea why but her wobbly jowls make me think of the queen alien ovipositor.

Ugh, very fucking ugh!
That's... some pretty unsettling imagery, Bhurzum. Props to you for not involving Lousy. Especially for not mentioning that mucoid "slooooorch" you'd hear as he slid out of her gullet. Because that would be too much.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Best sign at Saturday's protest in Washington.

http://i.imgur.com/8Nrpd1M.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Yo! Scented Nectar. Attention:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

dogen wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Wu is agog at an app that turns Frank into a blue-eyed anime boytoy.

http://imgur.com/4vGDGRK.jpg
Let's talk about the tank. What is it?
M60 Patton, I think. Where's VC when we need her?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

screwtape wrote:
dogen wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Wu is agog at an app that turns Frank into a blue-eyed anime boytoy.

http://imgur.com/4vGDGRK.jpg
Let's talk about the tank. What is it?
M60 Patton, I think. Where's VC when we need her?
I suppose I should bring this up at some point? Chances are the app is Meitu and there are privacy concerns.
The app harvests information about the devices on which it runs, includes invasive advertising tracking features and is just badly coded. But worst of all, the free app appears to be phoning some to share personal data with its makers.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Service Dog wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Today's episode of Sam Harris' 'Waking Up' podcast features guest Jordan Peterson.

this is good rasslin
I listened to the whole thing this morning, and here are my thoughts:

First and foremost I think Peterson makes the argument that verifiable truth in the sense of logical positivism is necessarily subordinate to eventual outcomes. In my view this literally a argumentum ad consequentiam which is a logical fallacy as I'm sure people here already know.

Essentially Peterson has conceived his grasp of science within a moral framework, and I think overall that is no bad thing (cue Jurassic Park could/should rhetoric) to do in a general sense. However Peterson seems to have placed so much importance on this morality that he is willing to make the argument that facts aught to be disavowed if they disprove the governing moral and when pushed he repeatedly attempts to argue that this is what truth is.

I find this deeply ironic in someone who has taken the very strident stance against the Marxist (ultimately Hegelian) notion that objective reality (the material) is "less real" than people's lives and perceptions (phenomenological experience) that is the core of SJW ideology.
Peterson will need to deal with how the phenomenological rationale behind intersectionalism is any different to the moral imperatives he purports to be "truth"... which are, of course, ultimately based on his experiences.

I think that Peterson's faith has lead him to be so invested in the 'mythic ideology' we find in Christianity that his insistence on this position as a 'greater truth' is motivated reasoning presented as ornate philosophy.

I like both these people, and found the conversation very interesting... HOWEVER the circular logic reminded me very much of arguments I have had with (friendly) intersectionalists who simply employ the deontology of outcome as imperative for everything.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Are there actually any banks which hand out credit interest-free?
Next question: why on earth would they do that?

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
rayshul wrote:They need to ditch identity politics. And they aren't. They're doubling down.
They are indeed. Emboldened with a sense of genuine grievance. Trump has energized and united them. He might not be the answer to SJWism, but instead its salvation. Food for thought.
On the other hand, things like that silly misplaced demonstration quickly dissolve whatever support they might have had.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

feathers wrote:
Are there actually any banks which hand out credit interest-free?
Next question: why on earth would they do that?
They don't. Islamic banking is just so complicated that your brain collapses while trying to understand it, and you end up believing everything they tell you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_b ... nd_finance

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sunder wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Thanks for the answer. So he was on team russia, pretending to be on team uk, while in fact he was still on team russia...

Isn't that a single-agent? not a triple?
A mole pretends to to work for the enemy as a rank and file employee and feeds information back to their boss.

A double-agent pretends to be a mole and feeds disinformation to one boss while collecting real intel for another.

A triple agent pretends to be a double agent. It gets confusing fast.
Confusing? Wait until two double agents end up in a 60s spy movie carrying similar suitcases, one with secrets in it and one dummy.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers wrote:
Sunder wrote:Peez is <60. Average US life expectancy is high 70s. Peezy's state even has the highest average male life expectancy in the nation (second highest for women).
I think I'm beginning to understand his latter day worries: on March 9 2017, the dreaded 60 will kick in.
He shouldn't worry. I'm sure high octane rage helps a man with heart stents retain his vigor for weeks, if not months, past his 60th birthday.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

AndrewV69 wrote:I suppose I should bring this up at some point? Chances are the app is Meitu and there are privacy concerns.
The app harvests information about the devices on which it runs, includes invasive advertising tracking features and is just badly coded. But worst of all, the free app appears to be phoning some to share personal data with its makers.
It is Meitu, mentioned on the previous page. I'd give a link, but the direct links provided don't work for some reason.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:Best sign at Saturday's protest in Washington.
I recognize the actress, and it is from SNL. But I don't get the reference.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Not SNL. It's Amy Sedaris as Jerri Blank from Strangers With Candy.

She'd always shout "I got something to say!" before delivering the episode's very incorrect moral.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Holy fuck, the latest Thunderf00t video is priceless!

[youtube][/youtube]

This video just gave my arse a headache. It's that fucking stupid!

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Kirbmarc wrote:It's the same problem with terrorism prevention, once the terrorist attack happens the prevention system has already failed, the goal is identifying threats and dealing with them, not responding to what's been done.

In the context of cheating the threat from an evolutionary point of view is a lesser chance of passing on your genes because your female partner is pregnant with a child that doesn't carry your genes. Once she's already pregnant, or has a good chance of being already pregnant, your warning system has already failed. The goal of the warning system against cheating, which is jealousy, is to prevent cheating in the first place with identifying the "Carrier" threat and dealing with him (through intimidation or violence).

False positives aren't very costly from an evolutionary point of view (you yell at or break the bones of the wrong guy) while false negatives are (you raise a child which isn't yours, so you lessen the chances of passing on your genes). So jealousy evolved as a safeguard since a blindspot would have wiped away the genes of the unsuspecting cucks.
On a related note, I've always thought that the reason a lot of women go for an obviously unfaithful cheating male is because if they have a male child with the cheater, that male child will grow up to cast his seed wide and far like daddy and half of those genes will be the mothers. The male child is the mother's proxy caster of her genes so to speak. I believe Ghengis Khan fathered hundreds of children, none of the mothers of those children probably had more than a dozen kids. About 1 in 200 men on this planet are direct descendants of Khan. That's a pretty good gene train to catch a ride on.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

deLurch wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Best sign at Saturday's protest in Washington.
I recognize the actress, and it is from SNL. But I don't get the reference.
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Maybe Matt is going to branch out-
1483123712373.jpg
(122.25 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/30 ... =obnetwork

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Bhurzum wrote:Holy fuck, the latest Thunderf00t video is priceless!

[youtube][/youtube]

So...what point is Tfoot trying to make here? That anarchism and being anti-Trump is mutually exclusive? Cos that's what it looks like. Weird.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

By the way I highly, highly recommend Strangers With Candy. Possibly my favorite comedy series. Movie's meh though.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Tigzy wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

So...what point is Tfoot trying to make here? That anarchism and being anti-Trump is mutually exclusive? Cos that's what it looks like. Weird.
Over 11 mins long. Even when I might agree with some things he says in the past , he does have a habit lately of repeating the same point as if no one gets it the first time. A lot of his recent stuff could do with editing down and being half the length.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Tigzy wrote:

[youtube.][/youtube]

As multiple people point out in the comments - you can be both.

However, I think his point was that Lauren Southern (and the Alt-Right media in general) are quite willing to characterise any opposition to Trump as violent extremists, and no distinction can be made between the anarchist 'black block' and a more moderate left-wing protestor in general.

Obviously he tripped over his rhetoric on the way to getting to his conclusion.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

InfraRedBucket wrote:Over 11 mins long. Even when I might agree with some things he says in the past , he does have a habit lately of repeating the same point as if no one gets it the first time. A lot of his recent stuff could do with editing down and being half the length.
Agreed. If you look at some of his recent hoax videos on scam products, he tends to go over kill on repeating pretty much the same counter argument over and over again. His earlier videos were better at providing one kill shot per bad aspect of a product. He also tends to go overboard by showing video clips that he is arguing against over and over and over again.

Remember Thunderf00t, if you can nail down your best arguments in 5 minutes, no need to take a full half hour beating the dead horse into the ground. I would hate for you to go the way of the Steersman.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:

[.youtube][/youtube]

I think that the comment that Thunderfoot is trying to make is that anarchists being anarchists would protest anyone and break Starbucks windows anyway, so according to Thunderfoot calling them specifically anti-Trump is trying to sell a false narrative about people who are against Donald Trump, i.e. that they promote some kind of violence.

The problem with this claim is that the scale and scope of anarchist vandalism seems to have increased quite a bit this time when compared to Obama's inauguration, and that the reason why is likely that those anarchists seem to think that Trump is especially bad.

NBC news also calls those people "anti-Trump":
Dozens Arrested in Anti-Trump Protests Around Inauguration
Dozens of protesters — some self-described "anarchists" dressed in black and wearing masks — damaged businesses at 10:30 a.m. ET just before Trump's swearing-in ceremony got underway, Metropolitan police said.

Authorities arrested 95 people — some charged with rioting — in the Franklin Park area and acting Police Chief Peter Newsham said there was "significant damage" to at least four businesses. Two police officers suffered minor injuries as protesters flung bricks, trash cans and other objects, and ignited small fires.
Thunderfoot underestimates the anti-Trump motivation and overestimates the "general anarchist" motivation. Yes, anarchists protest all elected leaders, but it's hard to deny that Donald Trump's election has triggered an escalation of political violence, of which the anarchists in the video are a small part. Why is this happening? The election was highly polarized and aggressive and Trump is a controversial candidate. Would the same thing have happened if Trump lost and Clinton won? Maybe, but we don't live in that hypothetical world.

Thunderfoot would have expressed his point much better if he argued that Southern is building a narrative where she defines black blocs as representative of anti-Trump protesters, when they're actually just opportunistic cunts who takes advantage of the heated political climate to find an excuse to behave like cunts. But he botched the presentation of his video, where he seems to imply that those anarchist protesters weren't also anti-Trump protesters.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Thunderfoot should have said that Southern has a pro-Trump bias and has focused on the absolute worst of the anti-Trump protests, which are a minority of people who just enjoy breaking stuff, instead of saying "they're not anti-Trump, they're anarchist LOL she's the dumbest journalist ever".

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

You know something?
I really do appreciate this. I do.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

this is good rasslin
I'll listen to the podcast later but evolutionary wise the scenario you propose doesn't make any sense from a gene point of view. If your wife has a child which isn't your own you won't pass on your genes, so a blindspot towards cheating isn't an evolutionary advantage.

Also murder-suicide isn't the inevitable consequence of discovering cheating, in most animal species the violence and intimidation is only directed to the "Richard Carrier" to prevent him from having access to the female. Once the cheating has already happened the warning system against cheating has failed, from an evolutionary point of view it's much more advantageous to prevent cheating by creating an emotional bond and by giving rise to an alarm system against potential threats, namely jealousy.

I think you're confusing the socially widespread response to fully accomplished cheating in "shame cultures" (where what's important is social status, so accepting the fait accompli is a social death) with an evolutionary evolved instrument of prevention of cheating (don't trust potential rivals).
I think you're underestimating what it would be like to be lectured by Richie Carrier Jr. over the breakfast table each morning, as he demanded your wallet & called you an idiot. Pure murder-suicide.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

So the person shot at the Milo event was a member of the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) and their "General Defense Committee"
https://archive.is/cCDfo

Take a good look at the two images on that webpage. "Make Fascists Afraid Again" and "Keep Calm and Punch Nazis" with the GDC logo on it.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I am angry that the MSM has been lying about the size of Trump's hands and his crowds! :evil:
I believe alternative media and alternative facts!
[youtube][/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

deLurch wrote:So the person shot at the Milo event was a member of the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) and their "General Defense Committee"
https://archive.is/cCDfo

Take a good look at the two images on that webpage. "Make Fascists Afraid Again" and "Keep Calm and Punch Nazis" with the GDC logo on it.
Citizen Smith said:
We don’t have confirmation that the person who shot our comrade was a counter-protester angry at those protesting Milo’s hateful white nationalist misogyny. We do know that he turned himself into the police several hours later, claiming ‘self-defense.’
Well Einstein, I'd suggest removing all that gubbins about punching nazis and making fascists afraid, cos you just might be handing his lawyer a wee bit of a gift there.