Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
Za-zen

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by Za-zen »

I'm a father too, though thankfully not a single one ( que sjw accusing me of lone parent shaming) childcare at cons would be a great option for opening the cons up to more people. But suggesting it should be mandatory, or expected of cons to provide is a degree to far in my opinion.

The point is the loons have been raving that the lack of childcare shows the patriachy in action, as white male con organisers don't take it into consideration because it's a wymynz issue. To then see Hensley's fucking women in sexularism con didn't have it in place from the get go is just, well, fucking hilarious.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Hmm, PZ has linked to an old article that was pre-EG. It's at: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... t-weekend/

The weird thing is, that the main thing I remember from it, seems to have been edited out! *feigned shock*

The original mentioned that part of deciding to go to the medical center instead of just going home and ignoring the pain, was realizing how much of a dick he'd look like, and how much others would laugh at him, if he did not follow the logical route of the med center and instead went home and had a heart attack. He chose the medical center out of worry that he'd be thought an idiot for not doing the logical thing. He definitely used to the word 'dick' or his 'inner dick' which is now missing from the page. He used it to refer to half of the arguing conversation in his head.

In the now missing comments, since it was before realizing that he's an insane feminist, I even commented that I was glad he listened to his 'inner dick' and was still alive, or something along those lines.

Altair

Re: Atheism (less) Child Care

Post by Altair »

16bitheretic wrote:[spoiler]
Michael K Gray wrote:This revelation that the Women in Skepticism conference is NOT going to have child-care facilities has blown my lid!
I mean, WTF?
Is it an oversight?
Was it planned this way?
Are the organisers selfish lamebrains?
Did they spend money on airfares and speaker's fees in lieu of even basic child-care?
I am truly staggered and stunned that self-professed feminists neglect this vital detail!

They have the audacity to slander Richard Dawkins, (neglecting the fact that he was the first to offer and fund child-care at secular meetings, before that poisonous parasite Beccy-boo-boos (spit) "came up" with the notion and claimed that he did it because of her, the lying cunt).

"We haven't got a grant yet" is the excuse of a clueless sociopath.

Again: WTF?
[/spoiler]

Hold on, check your privilege.

Assuming that just because women are attending this conference that they may need childcare services is sexist and misogynistic and a leftover idea of patriarchal oppression. Also many women can't have children and the sight of kids or knowledge that they are in the vicinity might cause a triggering event, because of ableist oppression and/or possible transphobia. It might also cause DEEP RIFTS if there are any womyn there who dislike associating with open "breeders". Furthermore, should childcare services be provided, who shall care for the children? If you staff the kids' area with women then you are furthering the misogyny and might as well be telling them that they should stay barefoot in the kitchen baking and popping out offspring for their men! If you staff the kids' area with men, well we all know from Greg Laden that all men have rape switches, so the likelihood is that they could prey upon the children! So you see, until we have a non-gendered asexual robot who can provide childcare in an offsite underground safe space away from the conference where the kids may induce triggers in attendees, then childcare is not feasible.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Notung

Post by Notung »

windy wrote:Blaghag after the Dawkins announcement:
I remember in the comments on that post McCreight and Elisabeth Cornwell had an argument over the false suggestion that Dawkins funded childcare to deflect from Elevatorgate. Shame the comments were all deleted.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

I don't know if this has been covered before but Ophelia Benson put out a blog about Muslim apostates who are female are not killed as the male apostates are:
"Via the Ex-Muslims Forum – “perhaps the only time when the misogyny of Islamic Fiqh could ever be described as a relief.”

It is narrated from Ibn Abbas that he said, “The female apostate is not killed.” This is because the unbelief of the woman is not equal to the unbelief of the man – which leads to (physical) devastation. So, she is not equal in the liability to be killed, as is known.

- Abu al-Layth al-Samarqandi (d. 373 AH/ 983 CE). Mukhtalaf al-Riwayah,, vol 3, p. 1299

Makes sense. The woman’s belief is puny and weak compared to the man’s, so her unbelief is the same way, so meh – nobody cares. No need to kill her; keep her to do the dishes."
In what kind of bizzaro universe is the fact that men are put to DEATH for a belief and women are not, count as being sexist against women????

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

debaser71 wrote:From my interactions with internet radfems, they mostly seem to hate "breeders"....they use words like "child-free" instead of childless. (haha) Anyway, yeah, why is childcare a woman's thing?
uh cos teh patriarchy! :roll:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

You find it really hard to stay awake because your body is working overtime digesting shit. Fuck me man, eat less move more enter into a regular sleep pattern, your energy levels will increase
Move more? Cheeky cunt! I do 2+ hours of gym 5 times a week and work full time. That's why I need the calories and that's why I get knackered if I don't have them. I wouldn't say I was a fat cunt or a lazy cunt by any stretch of the imagination.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

As a famous tory would have said. "On your bike" when what he really meant to say was "on yer bike ya fat fuck an stop cryin"

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
erikthebasshole wrote:Women turn in to “invisible pixels” when a slymepitter is around. They will attack them, slur them, but they do everything they can to avoid talking directly to them.
Hey SN, Abbie, sacha, Renee, fascination, Vicky, etc., etc. (apologies for not listing everyone, and deliberately ignoring Tammy Strop Teenager): how do you like THEM "invisible pixels", eh?
Ah, that's easily explained in a manner which makes that pharyngulite appear truthful. You see, there can't possibly be any members of the SlimePit who are female. We are all just Franc's cock and are therefore, really male. That's why the SlimePit men can talk directly with us SlimePit women, and it still be true that SlimePitters are only men and "do everything they can to avoid talking directly to" women. Or not. :?

Invisible pixels! How come it's always the feminists who declare women to be all sorts of oppressed, vile, or degraded things?
ftfy

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Submariner wrote:I don't know if this has been covered before but Ophelia Benson put out a blog about Muslim apostates who are female are not killed as the male apostates are:
"Via the Ex-Muslims Forum – “perhaps the only time when the misogyny of Islamic Fiqh could ever be described as a relief.”

It is narrated from Ibn Abbas that he said, “The female apostate is not killed.” This is because the unbelief of the woman is not equal to the unbelief of the man – which leads to (physical) devastation. So, she is not equal in the liability to be killed, as is known.

- Abu al-Layth al-Samarqandi (d. 373 AH/ 983 CE). Mukhtalaf al-Riwayah,, vol 3, p. 1299

Makes sense. The woman’s belief is puny and weak compared to the man’s, so her unbelief is the same way, so meh – nobody cares. No need to kill her; keep her to do the dishes."
In what kind of bizzaro universe is the fact that men are put to DEATH for a belief and women are not, count as being sexist against women????
Lol welcome to the bizarro mindz of da newz athifemz

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

cunt wrote:Shut it pleb.
wtf did i do cunt?

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

For the record, here in New York they made some sort of mandatory school lunch changes about having less meat and more vegetables, smaller portions, etc etc etc. With the assumption that everyone is a 60 pound waif instead of for example an 17 year old teenage football player at 160 pounds. These poor kids are starving by the time 3pm rolls around.

My point is that insisting on what other people eat is stupid.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

http://i.imgur.com/cWxDtY7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9gsKuFF.jpg

Plan ahead Vacula. Preemptively communicate with Melody's boss before you are painted as a total rage-filled woman hater.
Or even more so.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Submariner wrote:I don't know if this has been covered before but Ophelia Benson put out a blog about Muslim apostates who are female are not killed as the male apostates are:

Ok, that one takes the cake. She's completely lost her marbles!

cunt

Post by cunt »

jimthepleb wrote:
wtf did i do cunt?
Nothing at all. Just kidding around with Tony.

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

surreptitious57 wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:
So how did attempts at your own personal style of olive branch waving go over at Atheism Plus ? Do a lot of bridge building or were you treated with contempt ?
I no longer post there as I am a restricted user, and could therefore be perma banned so decided that it was better to just be a lurker. But their site, so their rules. However, in defence I would like to say that I have learned much since joining. I now know about privilege, spoon theory and mansplaining for example, which I did not before. I also realise that some of them need to be in a safe place too, because they are damaged individuals, and that mocking someone for that is not fuuny or clever. And I do not condone that one iota either. I treat eveyone the same no matter who they are. I am interested in ideas not individuals. I continue to lurk at Atheism Plus but any discussion is on other fora. I am doing what they would want of me. And that is a win win situation as far as I am concerned because it shows I am listening instead of talking, which given how I am white and male would not be greatly appreciated now. So it is all good
What happened in your life to make you so servile to the whims of the obnoxious?

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Za-zen wrote:

Lol welcome to the bizarro mindz of da newz athifemz

I will grant I would rather be the female in this particular scenario, but this belief comes from the idea that women are less "adult" or responsible as men, they need protection, and are too evil/childlike to be full moral entities in their own right.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Notung wrote:
windy wrote:Blaghag after the Dawkins announcement:
I remember in the comments on that post McCreight and Elisabeth Cornwell had an argument over the false suggestion that Dawkins funded childcare to deflect from Elevatorgate. Shame the comments were all deleted.
ERV's article on that (which was also our 3rd SlimePit thread!) made it very clear that Richard Dawkins had the childcare plans in process long before all the EG stuff.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Yay Melody, you are obviously an impartial, objective, leader who can be trusted to not let her personal shit/hate and whackybacky dogma interfere with your professional role. I wouldn't trust you to organise sand castle building for five year olds

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

Ok, here is what gets my Tea Rage going

You can't use X insult because you are offending Y's vagina/penis/Patriarchy.

Fuck off!

I rather thought the whole bloody point of insulting someone was to bloody well insult them!!

Calling someone a cunt means you want to call them a cunt, if you are a little more imaginative you can add various diseases, Paris Hiltons etc to make it more of an insult

I'm not going to ask first if they have any problem with genital related insults cos it makes the owners of them sad pandas!

"Excuse me sir, but I'm about to make reference to a penis growing out of your head, would that be ok or are you sensitive to penis insults? Especially since this is gender related which may offend those that own penises!"

Or shall I just bellow "DICKHEAD!" at someone who I think is being a dickhead and deserves every last syllable of the insult?

Notung

Post by Notung »

Scented Nectar wrote:[spoiler]Hmm, PZ has linked to an old article that was pre-EG. It's at: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... t-weekend/

The weird thing is, that the main thing I remember from it, seems to have been edited out! *feigned shock*

The original mentioned that part of deciding to go to the medical center instead of just going home and ignoring the pain, was realizing how much of a dick he'd look like, and how much others would laugh at him, if he did not follow the logical route of the med center and instead went home and had a heart attack. He chose the medical center out of worry that he'd be thought an idiot for not doing the logical thing. He definitely used to the word 'dick' or his 'inner dick' which is now missing from the page. He used it to refer to half of the arguing conversation in his head.

In the now missing comments, since it was before realizing that he's an insane feminist, I even commented that I was glad he listened to his 'inner dick' and was still alive, or something along those lines.[/spoiler]
Not true - proof: http://web.archive.org/web/201008192149 ... eekend.php?

Perhaps you're thinking of a different post?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

jimthepleb wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
erikthebasshole wrote:Women turn in to “invisible pixels” when a slymepitter is around. They will attack them, slur them, but they do everything they can to avoid talking directly to them.
Hey SN, Abbie, sacha, Renee, fascination, Vicky, etc., etc. (apologies for not listing everyone, and deliberately ignoring Tammy Strop Teenager): how do you like THEM "invisible pixels", eh?
Ah, that's easily explained in a manner which makes that pharyngulite appear truthful. You see, there can't possibly be any members of the SlimePit who are female. We are all just Franc's cock and are therefore, really male. That's why the SlimePit men can talk directly with us SlimePit women, and it still be true that SlimePitters are only men and "do everything they can to avoid talking directly to" women. Or not. :?

Invisible pixels! How come it's always the feminists who declare women to be all sorts of oppressed, vile, or degraded things?
ftfy
I should have guessed that was the case. Every morning I awake to find myself standing up in bed. If I'm Franc's cock, I must have a case of the morning erections! :lol:

welch

Post by welch »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Ah, that's easily explained in a manner which makes that pharyngulite appear truthful. You see, there can't possibly be any members of the SlimePit who are female. We are all just Franc's socks and are therefore, really male. That's why the SlimePit men can talk directly with us SlimePit women, and it still be true that SlimePitters are only men and "do everything they can to avoid talking directly to" women. Or not. :?

My wife was quite sad that I haven't been talking directly to her. She suggested from now on, I use nude interpretive dance, with lots of helicoptering.

My son is, oddly, very AGAINST that idea.

dunno why.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Za-zen wrote:

You find it really hard to stay awake because your body is working overtime digesting shit. Fuck me man, eat less move more enter into a regular sleep pattern, your energy levels will increase
Move more? Cheeky cunt! I do 2+ hours of gym 5 times a week and work full time. That's why I need the calories and that's why I get knackered if I don't have them. I wouldn't say I was a fat cunt or a lazy cunt by any stretch of the imagination.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

As a famous tory would have said. "On your bike" when what he really meant to say was "on yer bike ya fat fuck an stop cryin"[/quote]
:P

Notung

Post by Notung »

HoneyWagon wrote:Plan ahead Vacula. Preemptively communicate with Melody's boss before you are painted as a total rage-filled woman hater.
Or even more so.
Definitely. Get assurances that you'll actually be let in. I'm sure they'd prefer you to turn up only to be turned away, rather than you simply not going at all.

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

welch wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Ah, that's easily explained in a manner which makes that pharyngulite appear truthful. You see, there can't possibly be any members of the SlimePit who are female. We are all just Franc's socks and are therefore, really male. That's why the SlimePit men can talk directly with us SlimePit women, and it still be true that SlimePitters are only men and "do everything they can to avoid talking directly to" women. Or not. :?

My wife was quite sad that I haven't been talking directly to her. She suggested from now on, I use nude interpretive dance, with lots of helicoptering.

dunno why.
Obviously he is anti-helicoptering because of his Son Privilege

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

debaser71 wrote:For the record, here in New York they made some sort of mandatory school lunch changes about having less meat and more vegetables, smaller portions, etc etc etc. With the assumption that everyone is a 60 pound waif instead of for example an 17 year old teenage football player at 160 pounds. These poor kids are starving by the time 3pm rolls around.

Totally agree. The whole BMI thing is idiotic too considering it classes professional Rugby players as obese coz they weigh a fuck-ton.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Notung wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:[spoiler]Hmm, PZ has linked to an old article that was pre-EG. It's at: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... t-weekend/

In the now missing comments, since it was before realizing that he's an insane feminist, I even commented that I was glad he listened to his 'inner dick' and was still alive, or something along those lines.[/spoiler]

No, I'm pretty sure it was that post, unless he had another on the exact same thing. I don't know when that archived version was made, but my comment isn't there anymore either. I also searched 'dick' in case his remark was in the comments instead of the article. No dicks at all.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

cunt wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:
wtf did i do cunt?
LOL i know;) u arse:-p

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

jimthepleb wrote:
cunt wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:
wtf did i do cunt?
LOL i know;) u arse:-p
Bunch of cunts and plebs up in here y'all.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Pz removed his dick?

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Notung wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:Plan ahead Vacula. Preemptively communicate with Melody's boss before you are painted as a total rage-filled woman hater.
Or even more so.
Definitely. Get assurances that you'll actually be let in. I'm sure they'd prefer you to turn up only to be turned away, rather than you simply not going at all.
Consider going with a buddy, and one who you can trust will testify in court about what happens and be able to video any altercations that occur.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Ahhhh tony is goin on an insult rampage because he's had to confront his inner fatman.

Me in the meantime am trying my best to catch up with Eucli's post count. Is she MIA?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Za-zen wrote:Pz removed his dick?
Yeah. About one and a half years ago IIRC.

Apples

"Its not feminism. Its stupidity." - ERV

Post by Apples »

From today's Blinkered Feminism post over at the Pharyngulag:
Peezus wrote:I thought it was ridiculous before — I had Conservapædia raving about how fat I was, whole blogs dedicated to how stupid I was, and of course, frequent accusations of being gay — but once I got associated with feminism, the hatred reached a whole new level of shrieking. I’ve basically been declared an honorary woman by a whole new category of people, online atheists, who turn out to be worse than creationists, Christians, and Muslims. There are even more rants about my appearance, my ‘irrationality’, my sanity, than ever before.

And the scary thing is that when I compare what I get to what women activists get, I’m getting off easy.
You heard him, folks. He thinks he's getting off easy. Step it up. What's that you say? You've never stalked or harassed anyone in your entire life? You are just speaking up about a total lack of honesty and perspective on the part of a small group of honesty-challenged political radicals on the internet? Shut the fuck up and get edumacated. Read the the comments for a bunch of discussion about how to "solve the problem." A lot of back and forth about "ending anonymity," and how that might work. Not.

Some choice excerpts from the rest. Get out your patriarchy bingo cards, and check your privilege:
Leatham wrote:Is the compulsion to anonymously express violent hatred towards people you have never met an American thing, or are there spineless scumbags all over the world?
'Tis Himself Rodney Nelson Professional Plagiarist wrote:This is the thing I’ve never quite understood. Why is there so much hatred towards women (and men who support women)? Why has Rebecca Watson had months of death and rape threats thrown at her for saying “guys, don’t do that”? Why is Ophelia threatened with having acid thrown at her? Why is Greta screamed at for buying a pair of shoes?
Darwin Harmless wrote:I’ve been wracking my brains for some way to silence the silencers, but so far that seems impossible. ...

It’s all enough to make me want to see the end of anonymous blogs and comments. But then we have to face the fanatical fundies who would kill us for insulting their imaginary magical buddies.

... Okay, decision made. I would give up being anonymous to put an end to this crap. Now how do we make that happen? And is it worth it in view of the fact that we’d lose people like Cuttlefish? And maybe Darwin Harmless.
dgrasett wrote:You can see the examples of this behaviour in graffiti, and in the destruction of ancient monuments in the middle east. This is what fuelled the Holocaust. I have, for years, asked myself why the killing continued when it was obvious that it was improper behaviour. ...

... It will only be curbed when the internet is as policed as ‘real life’. Then they will find other ways.
This is only my opinion – from a lifetime of watching and trying to learn. I have no credentials except those of life.
And I grieve at this.
fantysq (a Radical Feminist and a Militant Atheist) wrote:For the patriarchy to exist, it needs to keep women rendered as sub-human. And the easiest way to dehumanise someone is through hatred.
Gregory Greenwood wrote:And then there is the fact that we live in a highly patriarchal society that fosters the kind of toxic masculinity that sees ‘putting uppity women in their place’ as an entirely acceptable ‘manly pursuit’. The fact is that society simply doesn’t place much importance upon stopping such people from behaving in this fashion before they become violent.
Improbable Joe wrote:The worst of the language might be slowed down by taking away anonymity… but stopped? Not in this lifetime. Look how many of the worst people are engaging in their hate campaigns under their real names, and people like Vacula who feel comfortable following their victims to meat-space events.

And it is the people using their real names who are the real problem, because they are the ones who provide cover for the hate by constantly telling the lie that this is about “disagreements” or “ideology.” It is about foaming-at-the-mouth hate on their end, and nothing else.
laurentweppe wrote:The thing is, there are a lot of men out there who are certain that millions of women more talented than them are kept bellow them thanks to glass ceilings: protecting these glass ceilings is a matter of survival for these guys, and the best way to protect an unfair system is to forbid people for even saying publicly that the system is unfair.
LykeX wrote:When Rebecca said, “don’t do that,” it was such a big deal because it’s just one more attack on their male dignity. It’s not what she said as much as what it represents to them; one more brick in the prison cell for True Masculinity.

They see the world they want and understand slipping away and they’re fighting against it. They except women to be wilting flowers pining away for the rugged embrace of a Real Man and they get confused and upset when those same women decide that they don’t want to follow that script.
What Rebecca did was not to say, “don’t do that.” What she said was, “I’m not going to be the way you want me to be.” These men are very tired of being told that. They’re highly frustrated and they don’t seem to know how to deal with it gracefully or constructively.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments
http://www.freezepage.com/1358868663GVYOPSIBKO

welch

Post by welch »

ERV wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Za-zen wrote:I find the omission of child care arrangements for WISC astounding, especially considering the amount of rhetoric about making conferences more welcoming for women that comes from the blowhards such as Hensley.
Why is childcare so readily assumed to be primarily a women's issue? I'm personally much more likely to need childcare than the young women at these conferences, many if not most of whom are child-free.

If the answer has anything to do with divorce and the judicial bias towards maternal custody, then surely that is just the sort of men's rights issue that SJW must relegate to invisible pixels, because patriarchy.
No, I think it was more of a remark in relation with the fact that "childcare at conferences" was one of the early battlehorses at Skepchick's, and was indeed argued by here as being a women's issue.

Don't quote me on that though, I am known to sometimes have a faulty memory, but that's what I recall from the "Darwin's coup de grâce in Vegas" thread at Abbie's.
Yes-- Its also on Christinas Official List of Diva Demands-- which I made fun of because she obviously had no clue what childcare costs/entails.

Though I do love that the Women in Secularism conference is exorbitantly expensive, being held in one of the most expensive parts of the country (>$200 a night for hotel), doesnt provide childcare (a feature the supporters demand of other conferences), all to see speakers who have their talks readily available online, right now, for free.

Its not feminism. Its stupidity.
Having it in DC i understand, especially if you want government types to attend. Travel money is hard to come by these days, and CFI does have a need to lobby. That part at least, makes sense.

But yeah, the daycare thing is stupid, especially, *especially* given how much of an issue it is for working families or single parents. Daycare, esp. for young kids, can be hideously expensive. If you have a special needs kid, it's even worse. It's even worse that they don't talk about it at all on the website for the conference. Like i said, if this is a grownups-only conference, I'm fine with that, but then maybe find hotels that can assist with daycare, or work out a deal with a quality daycare to cover those days. It's a fri-sunday event. This is something that should have been thought of and handled as part of initial conference planning, given the focus and likely attendance demographics.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

HoneyWagon wrote: I will grant I would rather be the female in this particular scenario, but this belief comes from the idea that women are less "adult" or responsible as men, they need protection, and are too evil/childlike to be full moral entities in their own right.
emphasis mine
That would seem to be a neat summation of most feminist theory today.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Scented Nectar wrote: No, I'm pretty sure it was that post, unless he had another on the exact same thing. I don't know when that archived version was made, but my comment isn't there anymore either. I also searched 'dick' in case his remark was in the comments instead of the article. No dicks at all.
That snapshot was taken 3 days after, so he would have had to have removed the parts (+ comments) by then.

cunt

Post by cunt »

ERV wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Za-zen wrote:I find the omission of child care arrangements for WISC astounding, especially considering the amount of rhetoric about making conferences more welcoming for women that comes from the blowhards such as Hensley.
Why is childcare so readily assumed to be primarily a women's issue? I'm personally much more likely to need childcare than the young women at these conferences, many if not most of whom are child-free.

If the answer has anything to do with divorce and the judicial bias towards maternal custody, then surely that is just the sort of men's rights issue that SJW must relegate to invisible pixels, because patriarchy.
No, I think it was more of a remark in relation with the fact that "childcare at conferences" was one of the early battlehorses at Skepchick's, and was indeed argued by here as being a women's issue.

Don't quote me on that though, I am known to sometimes have a faulty memory, but that's what I recall from the "Darwin's coup de grâce in Vegas" thread at Abbie's.
Yes-- Its also on Christinas Official List of Diva Demands-- which I made fun of because she obviously had no clue what childcare costs/entails.

Though I do love that the Women in Secularism conference is exorbitantly expensive, being held in one of the most expensive parts of the country (>$200 a night for hotel), doesnt provide childcare (a feature the supporters demand of other conferences), all to see speakers who have their talks readily available online, right now, for free.

Its not feminism. Its stupidity.

Some of these women are going to be flown across an entire continent, put up in a hotel, given a nice dinner/entertainment and probably paid speaking fees in an all woman conference which will most likely be dedicated to how hard they have it. One of the favourite topics of these poor dears is that secular conferences lack childcare facilities. thus preventing women from being engaged in secularism, atheism, secularism. The position of CFI, the people who have flown them out, is that they should be given a grant to provide these facilities. CFI charge $210 to attend this conference and want $85 for the dinner.

The audience will pat themselves on the back for attending this conference and being so liberal, open-minded and listening to the womyn. The slimepit will be dismissed as misogynist scum if it dares to point out that CFI could use some of that money to provide what these privileged middle class women say they want.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
debaser71 wrote:For the record, here in New York they made some sort of mandatory school lunch changes about having less meat and more vegetables, smaller portions, etc etc etc. With the assumption that everyone is a 60 pound waif instead of for example an 17 year old teenage football player at 160 pounds. These poor kids are starving by the time 3pm rolls around.

Totally agree. The whole BMI thing is idiotic too considering it classes professional Rugby players as obese coz they weigh a fuck-ton.
you must be a lanky git!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Notung wrote:

No, I'm pretty sure it was that post, unless he had another on the exact same thing. I don't know when that archived version was made, but my comment isn't there anymore either. I also searched 'dick' in case his remark was in the comments instead of the article. No dicks at all.
Also, the web archive has saved it using the new page formats at scienceblogs, so that was captured some time after the original went up.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Richard Dworkins wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:
So how did attempts at your own personal style of olive branch waving go over at Atheism Plus ? Do a lot of bridge building or were you treated with contempt ?
I no longer post there as I am a restricted user, and could therefore be perma banned so decided that it was better to just be a lurker. But their site, so their rules. However, in defence I would like to say that I have learned much since joining. I now know about privilege, spoon theory and mansplaining for example, which I did not before. I also realise that some of them need to be in a safe place too, because they are damaged individuals, and that mocking someone for that is not fuuny or clever. And I do not condone that one iota either. I treat eveyone the same no matter who they are. I am interested in ideas not individuals. I continue to lurk at Atheism Plus but any discussion is on other fora. I am doing what they would want of me. And that is a win win situation as far as I am concerned because it shows I am listening instead of talking, which given how I am white and male would not be greatly appreciated now. So it is all good
What happened in your life to make you so servile to the whims of the obnoxious ?
You cannot be both servile and a restricted user. But on a general level I no longer do anger, so that probably has a lot to do with it now. Ten to twenty years ago, I would have been one of you but I am not interested in it any more. At my age I prefer thinking to shouting. Banging your head against a wall does not make the wall fall down - it just gives you a sore head - and sooner or later, you learn to stop doing it

windy

Post by windy »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:[spoiler]
windy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: So you guys can think all you want about Louis' character in light of his excursion here, but I will stand by what I previously said about him. I don't know, maybe you should have known him for as long as I have (since 2008 AE's AtBC) to get where he's coming from. What some of you might consider pompousness and smug patronizing, I've seen from being on his side of the argument, and it never bothered me at the time. It was efficient against IDists and creationists, and most of all it was entertaining and funny. I still read him like that, even on those issues where we strongly disagree. And I guess maybe that's what's going on with him WRT Myers.
Phil, we don't need you or Louis to explain the use of snark against creationists. Many of us here have a history of posting on similar sites and don't have a problem with it in principle (but the person has to be able to back up their arguments and not simply use smugness as a smokescreen: the jury is still out on Louis's stint here). The problem is, when that snark and mockery -that many of us learned from the same source as Louis!- is directed at the FtB/Skepchick crowd, then it's suddenly considered OMG CYBERSTALKING AND VIBRATING HATRED OF WOMEN!! That's what sticks in the craw of many people about this, I'd warrant.
[/spoiler]

I'm not trying to explain anything to anyone, except for my own position WRT Louis. I am more than aware that a lot of the Pitters (most, even?) have a long experience of dealing with creationists and religionists of all stripes.
That's fine, what I was trying to say is that we already get where he's coming from- does he get that a lot of us are coming from the same place but have reached a different conclusion?

It's cool that you want to defend an old friend and make an effort to understand their point of view. But from what we've seen here, that effort seems very one-sided so far, if you know what I mean...

welch

Post by welch »

Philip of Tealand wrote:Ok, here is what gets my Tea Rage going

You can't use X insult because you are offending Y's vagina/penis/Patriarchy.

Fuck off!

I rather thought the whole bloody point of insulting someone was to bloody well insult them!!

Calling someone a cunt means you want to call them a cunt, if you are a little more imaginative you can add various diseases, Paris Hiltons etc to make it more of an insult

I'm not going to ask first if they have any problem with genital related insults cos it makes the owners of them sad pandas!

"Excuse me sir, but I'm about to make reference to a penis growing out of your head, would that be ok or are you sensitive to penis insults? Especially since this is gender related which may offend those that own penises!"

Or shall I just bellow "DICKHEAD!" at someone who I think is being a dickhead and deserves every last syllable of the insult?
I think when you decide to call someone a cunt or what have you, you've decided you don't give a fuck about their feelings. Which makes being told "you should use some other less-offensive insult" hilarious. Why would I do that? I'm TRYING to offend them. It's the fucking point.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

welch wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

dunno why.
Wait til he goes to sleep, then dance and dance! :)

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Elevatorgate is stepping "away for a while" after sharon hill smacked his ass

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I'm afraid so. I'd ask that someone let his Trophy Wife know, but she probably already does. :lol:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Scented Nectar wrote:
I'm afraid so. I'd ask that someone let his Trophy Wife know, but she probably already does. :lol:
Ya think? I thought he was too busy playing puppy dog to Mistress Becky. Come boy, come on boy, come boy!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Notung wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: No, I'm pretty sure it was that post, unless he had another on the exact same thing. I don't know when that archived version was made, but my comment isn't there anymore either. I also searched 'dick' in case his remark was in the comments instead of the article. No dicks at all.
That snapshot was taken 3 days after, so he would have had to have removed the parts (+ comments) by then.
He must have made another post on his almost-heart-attack, in that case.

However, notice that the formatting is in the newer scienceblogs' style? That happened like approx a year after it was written.

Also, I put in PZ's Always Name Names url (the thread with "Dear Muslima") into the archive, and it searched, couldn't find, and then redirected me to a later version (new format too).

Notung

Post by Notung »

Scented Nectar wrote:Also, the web archive has saved it using the new page formats at scienceblogs, so that was captured some time after the original went up.
I see the old format when I look at it. The new format doesn't have any comments on that article at all - they didn't transfer over when SB changed. (BTW The Wayback Machine is a way of seeing any comments that didn't transfer - even 'Dear Muslima'...).

Also the date of the snapshot is on the top: 19th of August, 2010. The article was published on the 16th. Maybe there's another similar article you're thinking of?

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Ok, that one takes the cake. She's completely lost her marbles!
I think you may have meant BISCUIT!

Incidentally I quite like Louis, indeed i have a feeling i may know him irl. Seems decent enough, i just disagree with almost everything he has said here. I am beginning to understand the extent of polarisation in US politics better than i ever did before.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Za-zen wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Ya think? I thought he was too busy playing puppy dog to Mistress Becky. Come boy, come on boy, come boy!
That must be why he removed his dick and is now dickless. He must have tossed her his bone, and she ran off with it and buried it somewhere.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

cunt wrote: Louis is British.
So, how do we criticize him without being accused of homophobia?

:rimshot:

Cupid Stunt

Post by Cupid Stunt »

Mykeru wrote:
cunt wrote: Louis is British.
So, how do we criticize him without being accused of homophobia?

:rimshot:
Call him a cunt, it's practically a term of affection over here now.

Mark Neil

Post by Mark Neil »

So, if I'm reading this right, Ophelia wants these Apostate women to be killed alongside the men? She's advocating for women to be killed? Really? After all, if the problem is how women apostates aren't taken seriously, then the solution to that problem IS to take them seriously, and kill them right alongside the men... yes?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Scented Nectar wrote:He must have made another post on his almost-heart-attack, in that case.
Yeah, it's here:

How being a dick probably saved my life

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Ophelia is now playing dumb to her friends wish to kneecap, despite having replied to it, now she's portraying it as threat to her, lol. The stupid it hurts. Her buddy the kneecapper seems to have deleted the tweet, what a shame it's screen capped here.
@Opheliabenson
Morning cleanup of threats from total strangers. Do I prefer kneecapping or acid in the face? Why do you ask?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Just wait until one of the skepchicks has kids and want to attend a conference without childcare facilities. Then we'll hear all about it.
Back in the day, I went to Skepticon 4 with three other families from around OKC, and everyone took turns watching the kids while they tore up the hotel room. That meant that a handful of parents could attend lectures while the rest of us hung out with the children. The M/F ratio of these skeptics with children, oddly enough, was right about 50:50.

Polterguest

Post by Polterguest »

Ophelia Benson wrote:Morning cleanup of threats from total strangers. Do I prefer kneecapping or acid in the face? Why do you ask?

Dishonest. They're not threatening to kneecap her. They're asking why she's fine with her mates threatening others with kneecapping.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Notung wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Also, the web archive has saved it using the new page formats at scienceblogs, so that was captured some time after the original went up.
I see the old format when I look at it. The new format doesn't have any comments on that article at all - they didn't transfer over when SB changed. (BTW The Wayback Machine is a way of seeing any comments that didn't transfer - even 'Dear Muslima'...).

Also the date of the snapshot is on the top: 19th of August, 2010. The article was published on the 16th. Maybe there's another similar article you're thinking of?
Thanks for letting me know that The Wayback Machine had the EG threads. I've now saved them with their complete comment sections. My previous saves (that I could find) were not complete. They don't have an old copy of the heart pain article though, but who cares. I'm just glad to have a saved full version of the EG comments again. :D

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Oneiros666 wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Food lulz at A+ forums, hilarious!!!

Kassiane needs 2500 - 3000 calories per day? Really? And throwing up is "potentially fatally catastrophic?"

Sequencing difficulties, my arse. Cowgirl up and try acting like something other than a spoiled toddler.
I am currently a 244 lbg man. My daily kcal intake should not exceed 2450kcal if I am to lose 0,5kg every week. In other words, to stay fat, but not gain fat, I need about 2800-2900 kcal every day. So when a girl nags about absolutely needing 2500-3000kcal every day, and if not she is in dire danger of dying; I laugh my arse off. She's just another lazy slacktivist moaning about how hard white middle-class American life is in order to feel good about not eating less and working out.
I get by on 500-800 cals a day and my boyfriend about the same. We are both roughly 6ft, 135-140lbs. And we do just fine!