Old subthreads
jimthepleb

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by jimthepleb »

is my avatar fucked at u guys end?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

jimthepleb wrote:is my avatar fucked at u guys end?

yes. has been for about a week. it just poofed one day

incognito

Post by incognito »

Yes.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Yep.

comslave

Post by comslave »

I can't tell if it's fucked, but I can tell it's not working.

I don't inquire as to the sex life of avatars.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

PZ Myers, A Demonstration of Entitlement
http://noelplum99.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... ement.html

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Submariner wrote:
Other than Richard Dawkins who else is considered an A list atheist
Daniel Dennett : Steven Pinker: Lawrence Krauss

Brad Pitt : Alain Botton : Karl Marx : Dalai Lama : Lemmy

Thunderf00t : Buddha : Frank Zappa : George Carlin : Chairman Mao

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Ok, um, Eucliwood is tweeting me asking about why s/h/it was banned. Exactly what the fuck happened? S/h/it wants me to ask lsuoma.

I'm busy watching Shameless, damn it.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

masakari2012 wrote:PZ Myers, A Demonstration of Entitlement
http://noelplum99.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... ement.html
So I throw this one right back: if you find a skeptics organisation, like the JREF, and its remit doesn't fit in with your interests, stick your entitlement - the entitlement of the politically pious - where it belongs and just move the fuck on!

:clap:

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

another lurker wrote: True!

I play a lot of video games (I have for years in fact), and the women in these games are fucking annoying. They spend the bulk of their time flirting with guys and talking about how sexy they are. It is irritating in the extreme. And then they will bitch and whine about the use of various 'swear words' and complain about how the 'mean boys club is supremely sexist.' Remind you of anyone????

I was also part of the FTP warez scene in the late 90s and throughout most of the 2000's. Every single women I met in 'the scene' was a conniving, manipulative bitch. They were always trying to score points, and get all of the male attention.

This seems to be the common theme here. They want male attention, and will stop at nothing to get it.

Anyways, I got along fine with women, for the most part, b/c I was not out to flirt with, or 'steal' their guys. I was accepted amongst the guys as 'one of them' and I never ever had a problem. But the women spent all of their time backstabbing one another and jockeying to be #1 most admired in all of the land!

I really feel for the 'nerds', when the radfems come in, and say 'hey, you better change your behaviour, this is OUR space now'. And then they take it a step further and emasculate the 'nerds' some more 'well, those nerds put down women b/c they have small dicks tee hee.'

Seriously fucking bitchy and completely disrespectful way to talk about male gamers.
The solution to all gaming problems is to play eve online
that is all

comslave

Post by comslave »

YAY! This bastard is going to jail.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21288815

Can't kill me now, eh muthafucka!? :dance: :dance:

lurking coward

Post by lurking coward »

[Can guests post here? I guess I'll find out...]

How is Submor 'marginalized', exactly? Who the hell is he, anyway? Given how aggressive the A plussers are towards newbies upon entering their "safe space", shouldn't their claims to marginalization be made clearer? My sense is that most of them are white liberals. I want them to vet their claims to marginalization. For all we know, "ceepolk" is a pale white guy role playing a black woman. Has there ever been an A+ meet up?

Does Submor actually look like his avatar? [Gawd, he is soooo smug, innee? But I digress...]

:rimshot:

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

I keep seeing the following chemical formula but don't know what it means, please enlighten me.

FC (n)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Submariner wrote:I keep seeing the following chemical formula but don't know what it means, please enlighten me.

FC (n)
From the ever helpful Phawrongula Wiki Glossary:
FC(n) - For various values of (n), refers to the Fainting Couch (n), the ostensible "leaders" of gnu-new-Atheism++ on FFtB. n is usually equal to 5, but in the past has been 6.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Submariner wrote:I keep seeing the following chemical formula but don't know what it means, please enlighten me.

FC (n)
FC is the Fainting couch, main repose of the bigger bloggers on FtB (n) is how many are behaving as douches at a given time,
As i understand it anyway. It was the FC5 OhFeelYa BendSon, PeeZus, (There can be only) ZVAN, Great Cursteamer, and McWrong/Carrier not sure exactly

BannedAid

Post by BannedAid »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Ok, um, Eucliwood is tweeting me asking about why s/h/it was banned. Exactly what the fuck happened? S/h/it wants me to ask lsuoma.

I'm busy watching Shameless, damn it.
Lsuoma from a couple pages back:
Lsuoma wrote:Basically I discovered that someone with a very similar ID and very similar email address - way, WAY, WAY too similar for me to attribute it to coincidence - is engaging in stuff similar to but worse than the request for pictures of dicks that want nothing to do with s/h/it anymore. This is actually even more egregious, and could possibly result in law enforcement becoming involved, depending on what the other forum decides to do.

I still don't think s/h/it is a 12-year-old girl: I think an adult male troll, and capable of creating legal liability if engaged with. I really don't want this discussed further on the Pit either in public or PMs, please.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

lurking coward wrote:a[Can guests post here? I guess I'll find out...]

bHow is Submor 'marginalized', exactly? Who the hell is he, anyway? cGiven how aggressive the A plussers are towards newbies upon entering their "safe space", shouldn't their claims to marginalization be made clearer? My sense is that most of them are white liberals. I want them to vet their claims to marginalization. For all we know, "ceepolk" is a pale white guy role playing a black woman. dHas there ever been an A+ meet up?

Does Submor actually look like his avatar? [Gawd, he is soooo smug, innee? But I digress...]

:rimshot:
a) Yes they can

b) He's not

c) Yes they should but that would take integrity and empathy, 'til now noticeably lacking.

d) Only the 'great poster teardown' for the canucks among them. Seeing Setar for the first time was......enlightening.

Anyone who has read setar's pity post of how marginalised he is (social anxiety, the price of weed and long hair) has wept for the poor child. Which is why it is just fine for him to trample over people with what may be considered more pressing concerns.

I despise that arsehole so much it pains me.
fucken hell this double spacing thing is catching.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Thanks for explanation.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Been fuck-all busy with work and haven't even read anything in - what - a week or two? - but...almost 1400 posts, and is this a new thread? Yiles - I'll never get caught up. I've also been avoiding the whiny people at FTB et al, but I did manage to see Ophelia whining again, and apparently she still thinks the "crazy cat lady" concept involves her eating cat food. Unless there is something along those lines that I missed recently. PZ also posted a long whine (or whinge for those foreign devils ;) ) about Steve Novella. It was a lot of tl:dr, but I did see he managed to say that Novella was talking from his privileged view (well, that's a paraphrase), so he managed to include at least one of the buzzwords. Maybe someone with the intestinal fortitude could read it and see if anyone gets bingo (do we have a buzzword bingo card yet? We should).

If there was anything important (or relevant to me), just pm and hopefully I'll get it in a bit. Not sure how much I'll be reading for a while yet. I did wonder if Louis ever answered the questions I asked, but it's probably been too long over to get into an actual conversation if he did, and I don't have time yet.

And A+ still exists? Wow.

sacha

Re: ophelia pain

Post by sacha »

incognito wrote: (noob here, A+ defector [wind], ignorant of the FTB issues.)

welcome/fuck off

I adore the "defector" title

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]big nose[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Badger3k wrote:And A+ still exists? Wow.
With the recent defections from A✞Theism to here, it won't be long until it is down to two mods trying to outdo each other in the bullying stakes on their sooper-sekret tree-fort clubhouse (after they have pulled up the ladder.)
The oppressed become the oppressors.

'Been happening since before recorded history.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

New post from Lousy Canuck - quite rich, I must say. Same old propaganda and a confirmation of what many here have said - the #ftbullies aren't willing to back down. Can't say I tried.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... mer-accord

It's quite interesting, really. I got some shit for stating my position on the 'deep rifts' -- it wasn't diplomatic -- (TM), but Lousy Canuck does that in his post. Maybe George Waye will come on over and comment.

Canuck even links Adam Lee's ridiculous 'have you stopped beating your wife' terms:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ksln6r

A 'masterpiece,' I must say.

Reap

Post by Reap »

I'm way behind, trying to catch up. Is there anything that gets to jump to the front of the line?
Here's a nice podcast for your trouble
http://www.reapsowradio.com/?p=31348

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Lousy Canuck: Anyone trying to legitimately argue with the thesis of “guys, don’t do that” without attacking in this manner, has likewise been (correctly) called out on sexist behaviour — maybe not behaviour as egregiously or unequivocally sexist as, say, rape threats or slurs, but it is definitely sexist behaviour to question a person relating an ordinary event just because said event was the genesis for a point you disagree with viscerally.

'Guys don't do that' constitutes a thesis? Am I missing something?
Besides which, can anyone else make head or tail of that sentence?

sacha

Post by sacha »

another lurker wrote:So, misandry doesn't exist, right?

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 00993.html
Apple has a zero-tolerance policy for apps that contain nudity, and they're usually quick to shut down any that promote violence against women. But an app that encourages girls to abuse their significant other is apparently fair game.

Boyfriend Trainer, which is available in both the App Store and the Android market, lets players slap, electrocute, or mace a virtual boyfriend for what most people would call minor transgressions, including drinking their girlfriend’s drink or leaving his shirt on the ground.

"Crack that whip and teach your guy a thing or two about being the Perfect Boyfriend!" reads the game's description. "When scolding doesn’t work, just zap him, whack him and train him to be your ideal man!"
irresponsible, unapologetic, blatant misandry never ceases to infuriate me

somedumbguy

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]big nose[/spoiler]

Post by somedumbguy »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Badger3k wrote:And A+ still exists? Wow.
With the recent defections from A✞Theism to here, it won't be long until it is down to two mods trying to outdo each other in the bullying stakes on their sooper-sekret tree-fort clubhouse (after they have pulled up the ladder.)
The oppressed become the oppressors.

'Been happening since before recorded history.
Though McCreight, Zvan, et. al., have not been active at the atheismplus forums, the failure of the forum and the general level of nastiness there has to be tied around their neck and used as an example of what Atheism Plus really and truly is all about.

Like communism, they tried, they became worse than the status quo, they became corrupt and abusive, and they made enemies of anyone that tried to dissent.

Fuck 'em.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

So...we have -- as it seems so far -- Adam Lee, Lousy Canuck, Zvan, and Ophelia unwilling to defend their ideas in a recorded discussion outside of the echochambers lest others agree to ridiculous 'terms.'
One sign of insufficient concern for truth is that when such people are given an opportunity to test their more cherished beliefs, they decline it, or apply it too casually, or offer defenses of the beliefs that are weaker than any that these people would accept in other contexts.
- Roberts and Wood

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

TheMan wrote:
comslave wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:Hi, TheMudbrooker here.
I'm a Laborer by trade, that means I've done about everything related to construction at one time or another, but mainly I lay pipe on a water and sewer crew. The trouble is work has been slow these last few years and I kinda miss spending my days knee-deep in raw sewage. So when that guy over in Minnesota, whatshisname...that fella that kills all those little fish, said The Slymepit was a cesspit of unspeakable filth I thought to myself "Fuck yeah, sign me up! It'll be like old home week".

You know what I found when I got here?

Nary a floating turd, used tampon or whiff of hydrogen sulfide.

What a fucking rip-off. Of course it's my own damned fault, I know better than to listen to anybody that lives on the wrong side of the crick. :doh:
Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies (and Vickie's bewbs). :clap:

here

:hankey:
Well at least the trip wasn't a total waste, thanks :)

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Reap wrote:I'm way behind, trying to catch up. Is there anything that gets to jump to the front of the line?
Eucliwood is the first person banned permanently (i anticipate s/h/it's guest appearance in the next few hours)
2 members of A+ Wind and Kbonn have joined us on the dark side. (we told em to fuck off, they're still here, which is kinda cool)
Mudbrooker from youtube has joined us. (coolest voice on the tubes Reap, sign him up NOW!!)
PZ is a dick (so no change there)
Apparently there has been a little local trouble in the middle-east, over which voices here were raised, then lowered again.
Justin has reached his goal and he WILL go to the ball.
Tentative fingers are stretching across the divide for a reconciliation over the deep rift, nominations for representatives are being sought.....actually screw sending Welch to fuck with 'em....LETS SEND REAP!
Oh and you are a racist, misogynist harasser....so again no change there;)
Apart from that....been quiet.
Now time for my bed 5.30am
Oh and some cunt nicked my avatar.

surreptitious57

lurking coward wrote:
How is Sub Mor marginalized exactly ? Who the hell is he, anyway ? Given how aggressive the A plussers
are towards newbies upon entering their safe space, should not their claims to marginalization be made clearer ? My sense is that most of them are white liberals I want them to vet their claims to marginalization For all we know, ceepolk is a pale white guy role playing a black woman
Has there ever been an A + meet up ?
I did not know Sub Mor was marginalised now, though he could be. He is rather zealous as mod but on his own blog a liitle more engaging. Though he has a very clinical way of looking at things but even so he is quite amenable. The thing about their aggression is that you are expected to know what the site is all about before you start posting. You have the pack and are expected to read it so if you do not they get angry because it makes them tired having to explain it all now. Moderation has to be the tightest on the planet but to be fair, it is pointed out that it is not a debate forum but even so. Setar is probably the angriest one there and can get rather agitated if he has not eaten so keep away from him if he is hungry
I may be using the wrong gender pronoun here so my apologies in advance. There was supposed to be a meet up but I do not know if it actually happened now. Two of them do know each other however. I
suspect the ones over here in England are more accommodating though that is just mere intuition

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

jimthepleb wrote:Welcome mudbrooker, been a subscriber on youtube for a few years and really enjoy your work.
You do realise that you are now a rapey, misogynistic, racist, homophobic, transphobic serial harasser?
On the plus side, you are now also banned from FtB.
Oh and for the sake of slymepit formality
fuck off
[/quote]
Fuck you very much, it's nice to be here. :)

Michael K Gray

Re: Now surreptitioused by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

surreptitious57 wrote:The thing about their aggression is that you are expected to know what the site is all about before you start posting. You have the pack and are expected to read it so if you do not they get angry because it makes them tired having to explain it all now.
Oh, the precious little flowers. (Spit)
Have you noticed us doing that here?
Why don't we get all aggro when newbies make legitimate enquiries?
Why do you give these insane creepy frighteningly aggressive anonymous retards so much as the time of day, let alone make continuous excuses for their truly shabby behaviour?

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

justinvacula wrote:So...we have -- as it seems so far -- Adam Lee, Lousy Canuck, Zvan, and Ophelia unwilling to defend their ideas in a recorded discussion outside of the echochambers lest others agree to ridiculous 'terms.'
One sign of insufficient concern for truth is that when such people are given an opportunity to test their more cherished beliefs, they decline it, or apply it too casually, or offer defenses of the beliefs that are weaker than any that these people would accept in other contexts.
- Roberts and Wood
Sung to the Battle Hymn of the Republic (well sort of):

Justin Vacula has a catapiller growing right beneath his nose
he swished it and he swoshed it
and it crawled away

But seriously: I'm sure it wasn't meant to prove their collective shirking.... will you be asking them for a private un recorded opportunity? Not that I think that will achieve anything really but might be worth investigating as a first step. and Good luck on your trip to the convention...hope it's turns out to be a good productive meet.

sacha

Post by sacha »

incognito wrote:
windy wrote:Science news for fans of doggies and/or bread!
http://www.nature.com/news/dog-s-dinner ... on-1.12280
Surprisingly, the team also found ten genes that help dogs to digest starches and break down fats. Lab work suggested that changes in three of those genes make dogs better than meat-eating wolves at splitting starches into sugars and then absorbing those sugars.

Most humans have also evolved to more easily digest starches. Lindblad-Toh suggests that the rise of farming, beginning around 10,000 years ago in the Middle East, led to the adaptations in both species. “This is a striking sign of parallel evolution,” she says. “It really shows how dogs and humans have evolved together to be able to eat starch.”
How can anyone hate the tie that binds humankind and our best friend?

Also, score against the raw-meat-only for dogs woo.
score indeed. Training the humans is the problem

Free the Dogs - Chain the Humans!

sacha

Re: ophelia pain

Post by sacha »

Gumby wrote:
incognito wrote: Yeah. I can see now part of why y'all have a hate-on for the FTB crowd. I've never really even lurked there.
With us, it's not really a hate-on. They're not worth getting worked up about enough to hate. It's more of a disgust-on and a contempt-on.
well said, and even includes the humour

sacha

Post by sacha »

Lsuoma wrote:Just so y'all know, the Project Wonderful ads have generated 9c in revenue so far.
whoooo hoooo!

comslave

Post by comslave »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:Welcome mudbrooker, been a subscriber on youtube for a few years and really enjoy your work.
You do realise that you are now a rapey, misogynistic, racist, homophobic, transphobic serial harasser?
On the plus side, you are now also banned from FtB.
Oh and for the sake of slymepit formality
fuck off
Fuck you very much, it's nice to be here. :)[/quote]

Oh, and I forgot
fuck off.

there you go.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

John Greg wrote:Has this been presented here yet? (http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... a-ftbully/)

Avicenna posted a claim that everyone here at the Pit endorses and supports the rape of women in India. Pretty damned strong accusation.
Ridiculous. We've been far too busy torturing (female) kittens and plotting various forms of genocide.
Natural disasters are strictly Mykeru but the kittens and the genocide, they're group projects.
Knows how to delegate, does the Reverend.

sacha

Post by sacha »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
fascination wrote:Renee, how is your guy doing?
Well, I'm hoping his attempt to have pizza last night has caused his throat to be more swollen. His voice is very faint and croaky. However, he's mildly cranky (so that's normal) and he's trying to keep resting. It's just that soup, jello, and pudding isn't cutting it for him at the moment.

Thanks for asking :) He'll be good, I'm sure.
craving pizza is a good sign

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

TheMan wrote:
But seriously: I'm sure it wasn't meant to prove their collective shirking.... will you be asking them for a private un recorded opportunity? Not that I think that will achieve anything really but might be worth investigating as a first step. and Good luck on your trip to the convention...hope it's turns out to be a good productive meet.
My intentions were genuine. I'd love to have the discussion as proposed. No subterfuge here!

Discussions may happen at the conference, but they certainly aren't happening prior according to what Lee Moore put forth...at least with Canuck, Zvan, and Ophelia.

I'm sure, too, that some who aren't 'true believers' would love to talk...and the discussions won't only be about the online fearmongering and associated nonsense from the FTB/Skepchick/A+ crowd that we're all familiar with.

As I said on Twitter earlier today, I don't have issues with every speaker there and hope to record interviews with some who -- I am sure -- will be more than happy to talk. Edwina Rogers and Susan Jacoby, for instance, already appeared on episodes of my podcast. I met both of them in person - Jacoby in PA at a literature conference in Rogers in Ohio at SSA 2012. Debbie Goddard, Teresa Macbain, and Jamila Bey -- just to name three I haven't interviewed -- are cool in my book.

sacha

Post by sacha »

windy wrote:
BannedAid wrote: As for the future of PZ-style atheism/skepticism, not to get all melodramatic, but I'm reminded of that Winston Churchill quote -- something like "not the end, or the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning." The FTB model is just unsustainable. They've isolated themselves from the mainstream because they won't engage with the mainstream. Ultimately, people are going to discover that they can't live up to PZ's impossible standards of ideological purity. And I'm singling out PZ because it pretty much begins and ends with him and a few of his cronies of Minnesota.

I would say have a little more faith in liberals. Listen to Obama. Listen to Jon Stewart. Listen to Hillary Clinton. Not a whiff of the radicalism you hear from FTB. American liberalism, at least, actually tends to be pretty moderate.
Your alternative to FtB is to listen to two neo-con Democrats to the right of Nixon and a TV comedian? LOL@merkins...
hahahahahaaaaaa!

surreptitious57

Michael K Gray wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
The thing about their aggression is that you are expected to know what the site is all about before you start posting. You have the pack and are expected to read it so if you do not they get angry because it makes them tired having to explain it all now
Oh the precious little flowers. ( Spit )
Have you noticed us doing that here ?
Why don not we get all aggro when newbies make legitimate enquiries ?
Why do you give these insane creepy frighteningly aggressive anonymous
retards so much as the time of day let alone make continuous excuses for their truly shabby behaviour ?
I have severe restrictions on what I can and can not say. You might find that hard to believe but it is the truth now. There is nothing I can do about it either and I am not allowed to discuss it on this site but I can tell you that I have a life time ban however. Beyond that I cannot say. So anyone reading this had better not ask me anything about it because you shall get nothing from me so best to just let it go

sacha

Post by sacha »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
ERV wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:So, my guy is out of surgery. He had his lymph nodes removed, the mass removed, and a portion of the back of his tongue removed. Oh, and they STILL won't know for another fucking week if the whole thing is malignant or not. WTF? The doctor said they'd check the mass right away to see if there was an issue. I'm not fucking happy right now.
*sigh* At least when surgery was over for us, it was *over*. But more waiting afterwards... Im sorry. **HUG**
Well, hopefully we'll hear something in the next day or two. He has a *HUGE* scar. They stopped counting stitches at 47. It goes from just about his ear to his chin :(
many scars are sexy. Somehow the imperfection makes the rest look even better

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

surreptitious57 wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
The thing about their aggression is that you are expected to know what the site is all about before you start posting. You have the pack and are expected to read it so if you do not they get angry because it makes them tired having to explain it all now
retards so much as the time of day let alone make continuous excuses for their truly shabby behaviour ?
I have severe restrictions on what I can and can not say. You might find that hard to believe but it is the truth now. There is nothing I can do about it either and I am not allowed to discuss it on this site but I can tell you that I have a life time ban however. Beyond that I cannot say. So anyone reading this had better not ask me anything about it because you shall get nothing from me so best to just let it go
What the fuck are you talking about?

fascination

Post by fascination »

@surreptitious57 I used to lurk a lot at Rational Skepticism and I enjoyed reading your posts there. I never registered or posted at RatSkep though. Anyway, we have never interacted but you always seemed like a nice person. So I wanted to ask why it is that you bother with A+ at all? They really are assholes over there. Look at how they treat people. They have actually hurt people. Do you get any benefit from that forum?

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

surreptitious57 wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

Oh go on...do tell... pretty please?

I'm alllll ears...

http://www.tomboyd.net/images/groucho_marx-cigar.jpg

sacha

Post by sacha »

ERV wrote:
Lisa: We can make a deal!

Marge: You dont have anything I want *shrug*

Damion-- I wanted to talk about this bullshit face-to-face last year. You know how that went. They can fuck off, now, for all I care.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/honeybadger1.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Congratulations Justin on making bank & welcome A+ refugees.

I always wondered about signing up there and maybe messaging people who looked like they were getting buggered by the mods if maybe the 'pit was a safer space for them. I've considered the 'pit as my "safe space" since the beginning - it's the only place I've been free to discuss issues without having people shout SJW buzzwords.
sacha wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
ERV wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:So, my guy is out of surgery. He had his lymph nodes removed, the mass removed, and a portion of the back of his tongue removed. Oh, and they STILL won't know for another fucking week if the whole thing is malignant or not. WTF? The doctor said they'd check the mass right away to see if there was an issue. I'm not fucking happy right now.
*sigh* At least when surgery was over for us, it was *over*. But more waiting afterwards... Im sorry. **HUG**
Well, hopefully we'll hear something in the next day or two. He has a *HUGE* scar. They stopped counting stitches at 47. It goes from just about his ear to his chin :(
many scars are sexy. Somehow the imperfection makes the rest look even better
I agree with this 100%. Husband has a scar after his own tumor surgeries that goes right 'round his ear... every time they open his head they kind of slice along the same line. It looks badass and I like it.

sacha

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Nonsense[/spoiler]

Post by sacha »

welch wrote:
Zenspace wrote:
TheMan wrote:
sacha wrote:
windy wrote:
Whatever, they can pry my wholemeal rye bread out of my cold dead hands after it kills me, then.

http://www.ess.fi/upload/image/2008/8/18/ruisleipa.jpg
life isn't the same without good bread

A nice sour dough baked in a wood fire oven.... some olive oil, nice feta, stuffed olives, sun dried tomatoes.
You forgot the balsamic, man! You gotta have some balsamic for the olive oil!

pumpernickel and honey butter. Fuck you people overcomplicate everything.
black pumpernickle and butter... mmmmmmmm

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Also I don't think I said nice work ERV on the whole new patent curing AIDS phase 2 thing. HEEEE! That was so exciting to read.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Someone must have posted this noel plum thing already but if not: http://noelplum99.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... ement.html

sacha

Post by sacha »

fascination wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
fascination wrote:Renee, how is your guy doing?
Well, I'm hoping his attempt to have pizza last night has caused his throat to be more swollen. His voice is very faint and croaky. However, he's mildly cranky (so that's normal) and he's trying to keep resting. It's just that soup, jello, and pudding isn't cutting it for him at the moment.

Thanks for asking :) He'll be good, I'm sure.
Does he like tofu? I used to make puddings , fruit and savory purées with silken tofu for my daughter sometimes when she was a baby (I made most of her baby food myself). Actually, I still make the pudding and fruit ones for her sometimes because she still likes them (she's 2 now, almost 3 ). I can PM you any recipes I still have. Pudding made with silken tofu is a lot more filling than regular pudding. You can't even taste the tofu. It's worth a shot. :)

Don't tell him it's tofu!

silken tofu in smoothies is divine, and I can't stand tofu.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

surreptitious57 wrote: I have severe restrictions on what I can and can not say. You might find that hard to believe but it is the truth now. There is nothing I can do about it either and I am not allowed to discuss it on this site but I can tell you that I have a life time ban however. Beyond that I cannot say. So anyone reading this had better not ask me anything about it because you shall get nothing from me so best to just let it go
Jesus fuck. Why even mention it then? If you are actually letting people put restrictions on your speech, fuck you. If this is just a coy little game, fuck you again.

fascination

Post by fascination »

@Sacha and Rayshul You've both made me feel better. I just found out recently that I'm going to have to have another C section. My first pregnancy was an emergency c section and because of the way that went down this one will have to be a scheduled c section. I was hoping to have a vaginal birth this time. I really didn't want to have to have major abdominal surgery again. A minor thing was I didn't want a second scar or a bigger scar. I have a really good OB and my first scar is tiny. But fuck it, it's a minor thing. The doctor says it should be small anyway. Plus, there's two beautiful women here that say scars are sexy! :D

Reap

Post by Reap »

To anyone concerned. I have made it clear to Lee Moore that no one person is qualified to speak for the slymepit. His lack of a better term referring to opposition of FTB was probably why there was some confusion. I wasn't aware that was the way it was being presented. I only speak for me and I have never claimed otherwise. I understand that some idiots are probably going to make the mistake of assuming anyone who is a member of this forum and speaks in public is speaking for the entire forum there isn't much can be done about that except make it clear that isn't the case.

Notung

Post by Notung »

jimthepleb wrote:Lousy Canuck: Anyone trying to legitimately argue with the thesis of “guys, don’t do that” without attacking in this manner, has likewise been (correctly) called out on sexist behaviour — maybe not behaviour as egregiously or unequivocally sexist as, say, rape threats or slurs, but it is definitely sexist behaviour to question a person relating an ordinary event just because said event was the genesis for a point you disagree with viscerally.

'Guys don't do that' constitutes a thesis? Am I missing something?
Besides which, can anyone else make head or tail of that sentence?
The argument seems to go like this:

1) The elevator story is an ordinary event.
2) If an ordinary event is recounted by a man, you would not question it.
3) (1,2) You would not question the elevator story if a man recounted it.

4) The elevator story was recounted by a woman.
5) If you question a story recounted by a woman that you would not have questioned if it was recounted by a man, you are guilty of sexist behaviour.
6) (3,4,5) If you question the elevator story, you are guilty of sexist behaviour.

7) If you 'legitimately'(?) argue against Rebecca Watson saying 'guys don't do that' then you question the elevator story.
8) If you're on the 'other side' but don't make rape threats or use slurs then you 'legitimately'(?) argue against Rebecca Watson saying 'guys don't do that'.

C) (6,7,8) Those on the 'other side' who don't make rape threats or use slurs are guilty of sexist behaviour.

I think it's unsound - I see no reason to believe premises 2, 7 or 8 are true.

Reap

Post by Reap »

jimthepleb wrote:
Reap wrote:I'm way behind, trying to catch up. Is there anything that gets to jump to the front of the line?
Eucliwood is the first person banned permanently (i anticipate s/h/it's guest appearance in the next few hours)
2 members of A+ Wind and Kbonn have joined us on the dark side. (we told em to fuck off, they're still here, which is kinda cool)
Mudbrooker from youtube has joined us. (coolest voice on the tubes Reap, sign him up NOW!!)
PZ is a dick (so no change there)
Apparently there has been a little local trouble in the middle-east, over which voices here were raised, then lowered again.
Justin has reached his goal and he WILL go to the ball.
Tentative fingers are stretching across the divide for a reconciliation over the deep rift, nominations for representatives are being sought.....actually screw sending Welch to fuck with 'em....LETS SEND REAP!
Oh and you are a racist, misogynist harasser....so again no change there;)
Apart from that....been quiet.
Now time for my bed 5.30am
Oh and some cunt nicked my avatar.
Thank You. I can't believe anyone can top Mykeru's video voice but I will check it out.
The debate thing isn't dead yet. The FTB people still need to learn how some things work. If you can't fight it out over your beliefs then it is pointless to share them in public. I never speak for anyone but myself. Anyone who agrees with me is welcome to say so, I could always use some support, but I assume I ride alone by default

surreptitious57

fascination wrote:
I used to lurk a lot at Rational Skepticism and I enjoyed reading your posts there. I never registered or posted at Rat Skep though. Anyway, we have never interacted but you always seemed like a nice person So I wanted to ask why it is that you bother with A+ at all ? They really are assholes over there. Look at how they treat people. They have actually hurt people. Do you get any benefit from that forum ?
I do not bother with Atheism Plus at all other than as a lurker. I became a restricted user because of my racist language so decided to stop posting after. I am not even that bothered about it any more but do visit it regularly. But no more than any other site now. I would much rather discuss physics or philosophy than all this because I find it rather repetitive after a while sad to say. I come here to learn and engage and when I say here, I mean at home now and not here as this is a foreigh country to me but I drop in occasionally. I am not responsible for anyone else only for myself. So whatever you say or do has nothing
to do with me - end of. I am just an observer. I did not make the machine and the machine carries on perfectly well without me now. So what I think is not the issue here so not sure why some think it is but that is for them to answer and not me - no matter how much they may think otherwise

Michael K Gray

Re: Now surreptitioused by [spoiler]my abuser[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

surreptitious57 wrote:I have severe restrictions on what I can and can not say. You might find that hard to believe...
No, indeed I do NOT find it hard to believe at all.
Progressive readings of your mealy-mouthed bully-supporting non-arguments have led me to understand that you are in no way an independent person, but subject to some strange kind of involuntary external dominance over your true wishes.

Almost like a version of Stockholm Syndrome.

I find it very easy to believe that you have severe restrictions that you have hesitatingly placed on yourself out of terror.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Submariner wrote: Before this whole thing started with elevatorgate...
started far prior to that for many of us 2009 for me