Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Lsuoma » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:40 pm  •  [Post 27976]

ReneeHendricks wrote:Yeah, yeah. I know a majority of you aren't keen on AVfM. However, there is a recent post put out there I find extremely interesting. The menz and those with male-type children might also be very interested in reading this - http://www.avoiceformen.com/men/mens-health/hpv-a-womens-issue-that-kills-men/.

I bring this up because this is *exactly* the kind of cancer my guy just dealt with.

This has been on the BBC over the last couple of days, surrounding Michael Douglas' diagnosis. I didn't bring it up here, though, because I know how much you and and have been going through.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby ThreeFlangedJavis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:48 pm  •  [Post 27977]

deLurch wrote:
Dave wrote:If you are going to spend time whining that people are not living up to your rules, I would think you could spend more than four words to specify what they are.

In his defense, he is specifying what in posts crosses his line and allowing people to resubmit with what is inside his lines. By voicing decent, this guy has a tiger by the tail and he knows it. He is doing everything he can to voice decent while trying to prevent the people he is criticizing from having ammo to smear him with. He isn't worried about us. He is worried about them.

Also, when it comes to moderation, sometimes stating less about the rules is more effective. I wish I could find the post, but it is many years back.


In other words, he prefers his commentariat to consist of adults able to discern the spirit of the place without having a 1000 page policy and not so egotistical that they bridle and go all "but he did it too" when corrected. It's not difficult to discern the difference between clearly stating why you disrespect someone and using belittling names. If you are the kind of person that needs that spelled out then I think you'd still be trying to push the boundaries with a library of policy documents.
ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Git » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:55 pm  •  [Post 27978]

AndrewV69 wrote:
H. Korban wrote:I was raised (in India) in the perhaps the most misoginistic religious tradition of all: Islam.


As Salam Alaikum,

This may be a construed as none of my business so feel free not to answer.

However, I was wondering if you could tell me which branch of Islam you were raised in? Could you be specific in your answer and so for example say Dawoodi Bohra rather than just Shia? (I am not assuming that you are Shia).

Finally, you have already been given the traditional welcome so no doubt someone else will eventually post the traditional basket of links.


With pleasure:

Image
"the Pit might accurately pictured as fanged Teletubbies with giant breasts, huge cocks and bottles of liquor." - Gumby
User avatar
Git
.
.
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Engerland

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby welch » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:57 pm  •  [Post 27979]

A poor German tries to apply logic to english phrases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwofYhUJEM

because the whole channel is awesome
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8130
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby ThreeFlangedJavis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:57 pm  •  [Post 27980]

Altair wrote:
sacha wrote:
codelette wrote:Hi, I logged in to objectify sacha by saying "damn woman, dat ass!".

Regards,
Another chill girl



I bask in your objectification



That's one of the things I don't understand about the "objectification crowd".

As a man, I don't get noticed as much as women do, but from time to time a woman will stare at me for an extra 2 or 3 seconds while walking past me, and it makes me feel so objectified :(

Just kidding! it makes me feel fucking good to know that some random woman on the street thinks I'm good looking, so I can't see how someone could feel violated and dehumanized by someone merely recognizing they are attractive and interesting. Probably the thing that causes that is the negative associations they make up in their own minds.

Although now that I think about it, the SJW's usually complain about OTHER women getting objectified, it's rarely someone complaining about they themselves being objectified. So it could also be that they're really bothered that others are getting what they're not.

sacha wrote:actually that's nothing, sadly, my arse seems to disappear a bit every year. If you happen to see it somewhere, please let it know how much I miss it.


If I find it, I'll be sure to send it your way, but be aware that it could arrive ... slightly used


You have spinach in your teeth.
ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby AndrewV69 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:57 pm  •  [Post 27981]

skepandsprinkles wrote:As long as we're having a cute dog contest I'll just go ahead and win the thread with my nephew


Erm, from what I your nephew does not look too impressed with whatever was going on at the time.

bhoytony wrote:
sacha wrote:
actually that's nothing, sadly, my arse seems to disappear a bit every year. If you happen to see it somewhere, please let it know how much I miss it.



I have the exact opposite problem.


Quit bitching. Neither of you two have a problem unless it starts sagging or drops. Then you got a problem.
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Altair » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:00 pm  •  [Post 27982]

Pitchguest wrote:So Remember Me. A game that was given a lot of publicity seemingly because it featured a woman as the main character, but also because of its premise and the promise of a good story.

I remember saying that main characters being female or male is irrelevant, if the story and the gameplay doesn't add up. And 'lo and behold, it appears that just because the main character is a woman doesn't automatically mean the game is amazing or even good. Right now it's at a score of 68 at Metacritic, with the user score being roughly the same, having gone down from the original 74, and it might even go down more as time passes. Main criticisms seems to be the story didn't live up to its promise, the gameplay repetetive, the platforming weak and the design choices poor, while general praise with the ambition of the story and the world design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_Me_(video_game)#Reception

Maybe Anita Sarkeesian will take this on board when she analyzes importance of female/male protagonists in games. (She won't.)


She'll probably talk about the game but will say/imply that the real reason the game is getting negative reviews is teh patriarchy.
I don't know if you're aware of it, but Remember Me is more or less (in)famous because the game's creative director said during an interview that several publishers refused to publish the game because it had a female character.

Is it possible that they said that? of course, but I find it highly suspicious that someone would use that as a refusal to fund a game saying that a female character would not sell, taking into account that:

- The Tomb Raider franchise has sold more than 8 million units
- Parasite Eve I and II have sold about 2 million units
- Resident Evil 3 sold 3.72 million copies
- Bayonetta sold 1.35 million units
- Final Fantasy X-2, with an all female cast, sold almost 4 million units

Taking into account those figures, I find it hard to believe that companies will refuse a game because of a female character.
It's just a suspicion with no evidence, but to me it sounds like an attempt to create controversy and attract publicity for the game.
User avatar
Altair
.
.
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Mykeru » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:00 pm  •  [Post 27983]

sacha wrote:I'll see if I can take a photo of a photo well enough to post. in my late teens I had a arse that made the black girls jealous (hah).


Why take a photo of a photo of what was? I say, drop trou and take a picture of that pressed ham as is. We'll replicate it and DOS attack it right over the Freethought Blog lines like a screaming Soviet rocket barrage.

Fuck the Geneva Conventions, I say! The war is ours to be won.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Altair » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:02 pm  •  [Post 27984]

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
You have spinach in your teeth.


Stop spinach-fying me! :o
User avatar
Altair
.
.
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby ReneeHendricks » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:02 pm  •  [Post 27985]

Lsuoma wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Yeah, yeah. I know a majority of you aren't keen on AVfM. However, there is a recent post put out there I find extremely interesting. The menz and those with male-type children might also be very interested in reading this - http://www.avoiceformen.com/men/mens-health/hpv-a-womens-issue-that-kills-men/.

I bring this up because this is *exactly* the kind of cancer my guy just dealt with.

This has been on the BBC over the last couple of days, surrounding Michael Douglas' diagnosis. I didn't bring it up here, though, because I know how much you and and have been going through.


It's all good :) The simple fact is if it's not talked about, it won't be looked at. My guy, being the extremely effective "puller" that he was, is, and always shall be, has had consequences for his ongoing endeavor to ensure women everywhere leave with a giant smile on their faces :D He's not happy that he had to deal with cancer as a result of this but he will never regret the smiles. And for that I love him all the more :D
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby treestump » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:03 pm  •  [Post 27986]

bovarchist wrote:If I ever refer to Ophelia Benson as Ophie, I assure you that yes, my purpose is to insult her. Without stating an opinion on whether Gurdur is right to block name-callers, I think he is right to consider 'Ophie' an example of such.


yep, "Ophie" is an "insult" for sure from me also (yes, that's right Ophie: it's not harassment, or abuse, or any imagined threat, it's an "insult"). Just in case you are reading this Ophie (and I'm sure you do as you are such an out-of-control narcissist) here is a reminder of exactly WHY you are so deserving of constant ridicule http://goo.gl/qUGx8 . That's right, it's not out of malice that you are mocked, but just out of a sense of fairness; it's just a well-reasoned and ethical response. Obviously, you are fully aware of all of your deliberate lies, deceitful twisting of others words, professional victimhood, repulsive censorship, aggressive doxxing, hate-filled denialism, and world-class nutbaggery are (or if it is at all possible that you are forgot; again, please study the above link to learn more), but then again, I suspect you do all of this for attention as it's hard to believe that even the dumbest village idiot would do or say the things that you do.
treestump
.
.
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:22 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Mykeru » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:07 pm  •  [Post 27987]

deLurch wrote:Emo is describing behavior.


But according to you, "behaving like a little shit" isn't describing behavior, it's just name-calling.

Interesting.

You can respond all you want about rules in a fight, but I'll just boot you in the nutsack like Harvey Logan got in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Image
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby AndrewV69 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:09 pm  •  [Post 27988]

Update for those who missed it:

Comment from Ericka M. Johnson, President Seattle Atheists
First off, I want to say how powerfully grateful I am to have Skep Tickle on the board of Seattle Atheists. She didn't want to run for office but I'm glad we were able to talk her into it because we are better off thanks to her work. She is a thoughtful and diligent skeptic. She's been vaccinated against fallacies and can see things from all sides. She is willing to listen to criticism of her ideas and can to admit when she's wrong (provided you actually manage to prove her wrong.)


Full comment is here:
http://heathen-hub.com/blog.php?bt=9287
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Za-zen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:11 pm  •  [Post 27989]

I'm going to do my bit for the pit pr campaign.

A fact fucking cunt, is, a fat fucking cunt. Insane staffy is a fat fucking cunt.
Dillahunty: @Zaminuszen You seem to confuse free speech with freethought. Ironic that you do this while claiming we don't know the difference. Bye!
User avatar
Za-zen
.
.
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Lsuoma » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:13 pm  •  [Post 27990]

Image
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Mykeru » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:15 pm  •  [Post 27991]

Za-zen wrote:I'm going to do my bit for the pit pr campaign.

A fact fucking cunt, is, a fat fucking cunt. Insane staffy is a fat fucking cunt.


Just remember to follow the rules:

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby ReneeHendricks » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:15 pm  •  [Post 27992]

AndrewV69 wrote:
skepandsprinkles wrote:As long as we're having a cute dog contest I'll just go ahead and win the thread with my nephew


Erm, from what I your nephew does not look too impressed with whatever was going on at the time.

bhoytony wrote:
sacha wrote:
actually that's nothing, sadly, my arse seems to disappear a bit every year. If you happen to see it somewhere, please let it know how much I miss it.



I have the exact opposite problem.


Quit bitching. Neither of you two have a problem unless it starts sagging or drops. Then you got a problem.


Getting larger is a problem. Being a WAH person, this is a problem. Especially since it takes way too much motivation to get me out, about, and f'ing walking as I should.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby welch » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:15 pm  •  [Post 27993]

Mykeru wrote:
deLurch wrote:Emo is describing behavior.


But according to you, "behaving like a little shit" isn't describing behavior, it's just name-calling.

Interesting.

You can respond all you want about rules in a fight, but I'll just boot you in the nutsack like Harvey Logan got in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Image



"Emo" as a standalone word is also a descriptive for a group of people and a genre of music. It is rarely used kindly. This is a known, common thing to millions of people. I can actually prove that. Gurdur's proof for "Ophie = oafie" is....?
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8130
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby sacha » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:16 pm  •  [Post 27994]

Altair wrote:be aware that it could arrive ... slightly used


great! then it will match the rest of me
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Altair » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:16 pm  •  [Post 27995]

AndrewV69 wrote:Update for those who missed it:

Comment from Ericka M. Johnson, President Seattle Atheists
First off, I want to say how powerfully grateful I am to have Skep Tickle on the board of Seattle Atheists. She didn't want to run for office but I'm glad we were able to talk her into it because we are better off thanks to her work. She is a thoughtful and diligent skeptic. She's been vaccinated against fallacies and can see things from all sides. She is willing to listen to criticism of her ideas and can to admit when she's wrong (provided you actually manage to prove her wrong.)


Full comment is here:
http://heathen-hub.com/blog.php?bt=9287


Ah, a very serendipitous comment, Andrew. While checking Ophelia's twitter timeline, I was wondering who Ericka Johnson was. She's been having a very long conversation with Ophelia about Skeptickle, which apparently started by Ericka tweeting that she supports Dr. Tickle



Needless to say, Ophelia is not happy with that, and has been trying to convince Ericka that SkepTickle is eeeeevil.
User avatar
Altair
.
.
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby sacha » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 pm  •  [Post 27996]

welch wrote:A poor German tries to apply logic to english phrases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwofYhUJEM

because the whole channel is awesome



HAHAHAHA
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Pitchguest » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 pm  •  [Post 27997]

skepandsprinkles wrote:As long as we're having a cute dog contest I'll just go ahead and win the thread with my nephew


Puppy!

Ahem.

I mean. Puppy. :shifty:

Also, sprinkles, I watched your video on Women in Secularism. I couldn't agree more. Great video. :D
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2502
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Jan Steen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 pm  •  [Post 27998]

Yemisi Ilesanmi proves to be a good FTBer in not being able to handle even mild criticism.

Currie Jean wrote:Why not use Amina’s original photo? The one with her breasts still in it.


The response is the standard FTB snark and evasion:

Yemisi Ilesanmi wrote:Oh goodness me! You mean I did not use the picture with the boobies and nipples? Gosh, how did that even happen! You even generously provided the evidence of the missing boobies and nipples. And to think I am an ardent fan of boobies How dare I not notice nipples were missing! I guess I did not stare hard enough at the chosen pic to realize that the boobs were missing and the nipples invisible. I must have been distracted by the words scrawled on her body and the heavy subject matter of my blogpost. How do I even begin to ask for forgiveness for this unimaginable slip. Do i still get to claim that I love boobies?


Yeah, she totally hadn't noticed that the nipples in her photo of Amina Tyler had been edited away. As if women always have two nebulous patches on top of their breasts.

Yemisi Ilesanmi wrote:JustAtheist

The irony of editing this brave woman’s photo is staggering.


What is staggering is the level some people stoop to concoct conspiracy theories and suddenly see non existent ironies when they don’t see as much boobies as they expected. That is the irony.


No, I don’t feel sorry for Yemisi, who produces walls of text that make your fingers ache from scrolling, only to attract from zero to four comments (rarely more). Her first few posts had more than a hundred. Then she posted her Comment Policy:

Yemisi Ilesanmi wrote:Slimy comments are not welcomed; please leave the hideousness in the pit where you crawled from. I ain’t got no time for your shit, dump it in the pit.

Anti Atheism+ commenters, please bear in mind that I am not interested in the story of how much you hate Atheismplus, I have heard enough of that to last me a lifetime. (...)

Anti FTB commenters, please do not drag whatever baggage you have with other FTB bloggers into my space. (...) However, if you are a known hater or cyber bully, and so much as attack any commenter on my blog, you won’t be given a warning before I slam you with a ban.

(...) My Poems- I am a poet, I write poems and I post my poems on my blog. I appreciate that not everyone is going to like my poems, it might not be to your taste but remember, this is my blog, my own space and you have to treat it like you are a guest in my home.

Responsible adults know that manners are very important when one is a guest in a home. We teach children to behave properly especially when they are guests in other peoples’ homes. You do not have the right to be mannerless in my space. Yes, my blog is visible to the public and my posts are open for comments, but that still does not mean you have the liberty to come in and rain abuses on my poems or throw insults at me.

(...)

Remember, my poems are my works of art, this blog is my space, you are a guest, therefore you must mind your manners.

You are not forced to like or comment on my poems, you are not forced to buy it as it is not for sale on this blog, I am serving it as a free buffet, therefore throwing tantrums or insults at not just the poem but also the poet is ill-mannered and will not be tolerated. [Etc.]


Like all people who think they are always right she is not interested in dialogue. Preaching to the choir, which is mainly what she is doing on her blog, is not going to attract a crowd.

This is another FTBlogger you can skip, unless you love (or love to laugh at) cringeworthy 'poetry' and as long as you keep your opinion about her 'art' to yourself; to do otherwise would be near suicidal.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynisting/2013/05/26/free-amina-tyler-now-it-is-her-body-her-choice-her-right/#comments
http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynisting/2013/05/16/comment-policy/
Fighting hypocrisy since Sun Oct 14, 2012.
User avatar
Jan Steen
.
.
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby H. Korban » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:22 pm  •  [Post 27999]

AndrewV69 wrote:
H. Korban wrote:I was raised (in India) in the perhaps the most misoginistic religious tradition of all: Islam.


However, I was wondering if you could tell me which branch of Islam you were raised in? Could you be specific in your answer and so for example say Dawoodi Bohra rather than just Shia? (I am not assuming that you are Shia).


If I tell you the branch, it would not be hard to figure out everything about me. Yes, I was raised in a Shia environment, in a form of Ismailism. I maintain an interest in the philosophical aspects of the religion, even though I am no longer religious myself.

Talking about the branch: turns out that doxxing someone from my community can have a very detrimental effect. For example, it can lead to, in certain instances, violence, if not to oneself, to ones close family back in India. One does not want to mess around with the mullahs, if one can help it.
"I was Lucifer, arrived from the world of shadows, and I illuminated everyone with the blazing torch of sin". Umberto Eco.
User avatar
H. Korban
.
.
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:45 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby sacha » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:27 pm  •  [Post 28000]

Mykeru wrote:
sacha wrote:I'll see if I can take a photo of a photo well enough to post. in my late teens I had a arse that made the black girls jealous (hah).


Why take a photo of a photo of what was? I say, drop trou and take a picture of that pressed ham as is. We'll replicate it and DOS attack it right over the Freethought Blog lines like a screaming Soviet rocket barrage.

Fuck the Geneva Conventions, I say! The war is ours to be won.


HAHAHAHA!

I went directly from the "party pooper" video to this.
I have to shower and go to "work" for a while, I'm already late (as usual) and I can't stop laughing. my dog is giving me the "mum is barking mad" look.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby ERV » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:30 pm  •  [Post 28001]

Dick Strawkins wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Yeah, yeah. I know a majority of you aren't keen on AVfM. However, there is a recent post put out there I find extremely interesting. The menz and those with male-type children might also be very interested in reading this - http://www.avoiceformen.com/men/mens-health/hpv-a-womens-issue-that-kills-men/.

I bring this up because this is *exactly* the kind of cancer my guy just dealt with.


I think that article was mostly fair.
I wouldn't, however, conclude that the fact that Gardasil is only routinely offered to girls is a form of discrimination against men. Immunization against HPV is relatively new in medical terms and as such they are likely to begin with the group most at risk (in which case it is females, who are at risk of HPV related cervical cancer.) Remember, women, like men, are at risk for HPV associated throat cancers but it's not those that the Gardasil is meant to prevent. But the vaccine is a good preventative for many HPV related tumors.

So yes, Gardasil should be offered for all children, regardless of sex.

The problem was, we werent *sure* whether men got enough of a benefit from the vaccine to ethically let them have it. Just because it would be better for *women* if men got it (reduced transmission) it wasnt ethical for the vaccine to be mandated for boys if they had *no direct benefit* that outweighed the risks of vaccination. Combine that with the initial Religious Right view that only gays would need the vaccine (anal cancer), plus weird generalized distrust of the HPV shots (THEYRE GONNA KILL YOUUUUUUUUUUU!), there you go.

It has been clear for a *while* now, however (I was talking about it in 2011), that HPV is associated with head/neck/throat cancers, and it should have been pushed harder. Thats why I am pumped about Michael Douglas talking about it, whether his was caused by HPV or not.

ReneeHendricks wrote:I also don't think it's a form of discrimination. However, I was really surprised at what I found out regarding my guy's cancer - there has been a distinct rise in throat/neck/tongue related cancers in men over the past decade. This sort of cancer used to be associated with smoking/tobacco use. Now they're finding much more HPV caused cancers.

Y U NO READ MY BLAG! I BEEN RITING ABOOT THIS FOR YEARS!

:P

ReneeHendricks wrote:Even scarier? It took them 9 *months* to figure out what Douglas had. I'm glad my guy had his found out in much less time.

I went in for a dentist check-up today. They were all over this, and had gotten some 'reminders' from admins/superiors that they were supposed to be doing basic screenings during their dental exams. This is the *first* time in my whole life someone did the kind of screening my lady did. I think its something that is frequently overlooked/forgotten by some first-line responders (dentists/hygienists).

AndrewV69 wrote:Ouch Renee. I guess everyone should get tested for HPV.

Cant. There is no 'test'. Individual lesions/tumors can be tested, though. But you cant just take some blood or look for an antibody.
User avatar
ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:32 pm  •  [Post 28002]

skepandsprinkles wrote:As long as we're having a cute dog contest I'll just go ahead and win the thread with my nephew


Can that tube thing that it has got stuck in be surgically removed?
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:35 pm  •  [Post 28003]

bhoytony wrote:
sacha wrote:
actually that's nothing, sadly, my arse seems to disappear a bit every year. If you happen to see it somewhere, please let it know how much I miss it.



I have the exact opposite problem.


You're accumulating sacha's arse?
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby sacha » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:36 pm  •  [Post 28004]

KiwiInOz wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
sacha wrote:
actually that's nothing, sadly, my arse seems to disappear a bit every year. If you happen to see it somewhere, please let it know how much I miss it.



I have the exact opposite problem.


You're accumulating sacha's arse?



HAHAHAHA!

tell him to give it back!!!!
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Mark Thomas » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:53 pm  •  [Post 28005]

Altair wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Update for those who missed it:

Comment from Ericka M. Johnson, President Seattle Atheists
First off, I want to say how powerfully grateful I am to have Skep Tickle on the board of Seattle Atheists. She didn't want to run for office but I'm glad we were able to talk her into it because we are better off thanks to her work. She is a thoughtful and diligent skeptic. She's been vaccinated against fallacies and can see things from all sides. She is willing to listen to criticism of her ideas and can to admit when she's wrong (provided you actually manage to prove her wrong.)


Full comment is here:
http://heathen-hub.com/blog.php?bt=9287


Ah, a very serendipitous comment, Andrew. While checking Ophelia's twitter timeline, I was wondering who Ericka Johnson was. She's been having a very long conversation with Ophelia about Skeptickle, which apparently started by Ericka tweeting that she supports Dr. Tickle



Needless to say, Ophelia is not happy with that, and has been trying to convince Ericka that SkepTickle is eeeeevil.


Ophelia is pushing yet another rational person away...I wonder what the endgame of this whole saga will look like...
User avatar
Mark Thomas
 

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Mykeru » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:55 pm  •  [Post 28006]

ERV wrote:Y U NO READ MY BLAG! I BEEN RITING ABOOT THIS FOR YEARS!


1. You have a blag?

2. Is there a Canadian diaspora in Oklahoma?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby skepandsprinkles » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:56 pm  •  [Post 28007]

AndrewV69 wrote:
skepandsprinkles wrote:As long as we're having a cute dog contest I'll just go ahead and win the thread with my nephew


Erm, from what I your nephew does not look too impressed with whatever was going on at the time.

Yes, my sister has a habit of sticking him in those horrible sweaters. Then he goes to my mom, dad, or me and gives you that sad look that says "Please, I don't know what I did to deserve this, but please take it off."
And then we do.
We're hoping she'll stop torturing Teddy when she reproduces.
Also, sprinkles, I watched your video on Women in Secularism. I couldn't agree more. Great video.

Thanks!
User avatar
skepandsprinkles
.
.
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Mark Thomas » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:05 pm  •  [Post 28008]

treestump wrote:here is a reminder of exactly WHY you are so deserving of constant ridicule http://goo.gl/qUGx8



That's the first time I'd seen that - comedy gold. Was the sender ever doxxed?
User avatar
Mark Thomas
 

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby ReneeHendricks » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:05 pm  •  [Post 28009]

ERV wrote:Y U NO READ MY BLAG! I BEEN RITING ABOOT THIS FOR YEARS!

:P


It's on my list o' things to read, I swear! I've gotten so many lately, I'm falling behind. Oh, and I just landed a new full-time "I'm in charge of a bunch of people online" job that is going to take even more of my time, damn it! But, I'll make sure I check yer blog out this weekend!!!!
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby curriejean » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:05 pm  •  [Post 28010]

Jan Steen wrote:Yemisi Ilesanmi proves to be a good FTBer in not being able to handle even mild criticism.

Currie Jean wrote:Why not use Amina’s original photo? The one with her breasts still in it.


The response is the standard FTB snark and evasion:

Yemisi Ilesanmi wrote:Oh goodness me! You mean I did not use the picture with the boobies and nipples? Gosh, how did that even happen! You even generously provided the evidence of the missing boobies and nipples. And to think I am an ardent fan of boobies How dare I not notice nipples were missing! I guess I did not stare hard enough at the chosen pic to realize that the boobs were missing and the nipples invisible. I must have been distracted by the words scrawled on her body and the heavy subject matter of my blogpost. How do I even begin to ask for forgiveness for this unimaginable slip. Do i still get to claim that I love boobies?


Yeah, she totally hadn't noticed that the nipples in her photo of Amina Tyler had been edited away. As if women always have two nebulous patches on top of their breasts.

[...]

http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynisting/2013/05/26/free-amina-tyler-now-it-is-her-body-her-choice-her-right/#comments
http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynisting/2013/05/16/comment-policy/



It was a simple, open-ended question. I honestly didn't expect so much hostility. I was aware when I asked it that her post looked hypocritical, but then there could have been another reason for the censoring, of which I was not aware, so I wasn't about to start making absolute judgments. And she didn't even give an answer, just went on some weird snark-attack devoid of actual substance. I guess that's that then.
User avatar
curriejean
.
.
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Pitchguest » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:16 pm  •  [Post 28011]

Goodness, Ophelia's really trying to paint Skep in the worst possible light. She also denies her doxxing, of course, and says Skep is LYING about HER.

It is objectively true that no one knew about Skep's affiliation with a local atheist organisation until Ophelia pointed it out. It seems Skep may have written with her real name first name a few times, but even that can be theorised to be an alias. However, Ophelia made it abundantly clear that, nope, that was her real first name and she's a BOARD member on a local atheist organisation which cannot possibly be Googled given some detective work. And then someone on Pharyngula really spilled the beans and voila, the doxxing comes full circle. With a little help from the slimy little shit himself. Then, after all their whinging on about how doxxing is always, always bad, when their reputation's on the line, it's "debatable." Zvan writes an ambiguous blog post about it, Ophelia attempts to justify it, PZ defends it, all the while with Justicar's "doxxing" of Jen McCreight fresh in their minds (which wasn't really a "doxxing" as all the information was redacted, from the original photo provided by Jen McCreight with all the information still intact, so he was in fact PROTECTING HER IDENTITY from being revealed).

So they've gone on and on how Justin is a demon because he happened to post Amy Roth's address, even though it wasn't meant maliciously in any way, and since then he's been treated as a boogeyman. But doxxing someone is apparently acceptable up to a point, and thus it can be argued that Amy Roth's situation at that time (issuing false DMCA's to people) could justify (at least, in the binary thinking of the SJW's) revealing her information. Of course it wasn't, and Justin apologised and requested for a removal of the information. But it's curious how that situation and this with Skep is being treated so differently. According to them, Skep is not being bullied by being doxxed; *she* is the one bullying *them*, and her doxxing is just deserts. You know. Blaming the victim.

It's their version of reality versus actual reality. Who's winning?
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2502
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby windy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:24 pm  •  [Post 28012]

AndrewV69 wrote:Update for those who missed it:

Comment from Ericka M. Johnson, President Seattle Atheists


Clearly, another misguided chill girl standing in the way of Offy and Steffy's selfless efforts to get more women involved in atheist activism.
“Ideological purity is for ideologues.” - J. Morales
User avatar
windy
.
.
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:41 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Pitchguest » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 pm  •  [Post 28013]

curriejean wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Yemisi Ilesanmi proves to be a good FTBer in not being able to handle even mild criticism.

Currie Jean wrote:Why not use Amina’s original photo? The one with her breasts still in it.


The response is the standard FTB snark and evasion:

Yemisi Ilesanmi wrote:Oh goodness me! You mean I did not use the picture with the boobies and nipples? Gosh, how did that even happen! You even generously provided the evidence of the missing boobies and nipples. And to think I am an ardent fan of boobies How dare I not notice nipples were missing! I guess I did not stare hard enough at the chosen pic to realize that the boobs were missing and the nipples invisible. I must have been distracted by the words scrawled on her body and the heavy subject matter of my blogpost. How do I even begin to ask for forgiveness for this unimaginable slip. Do i still get to claim that I love boobies?


Yeah, she totally hadn't noticed that the nipples in her photo of Amina Tyler had been edited away. As if women always have two nebulous patches on top of their breasts.

[...]

http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynisting/2013/05/26/free-amina-tyler-now-it-is-her-body-her-choice-her-right/#comments
http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynisting/2013/05/16/comment-policy/



It was a simple, open-ended question. I honestly didn't expect so much hostility. I was aware when I asked it that her post looked hypocritical, but then there could have been another reason for the censoring, of which I was not aware, so I wasn't about to start making absolute judgments. And she didn't even give an answer, just went on some weird snark-attack devoid of actual substance. I guess that's that then.


That seems to be Yemisi's way of dealing with criticism. Like she recently discovered sarcasm and now she can't help but using it. When johngreg and I first went to her blog when she wrote a post about A+, she asked a question, "Why all the hate and tantrums?" (From people against the idea of A+) I wondered if she had all the facts to ask such a thing and got pilloried for it, where I actually conceded I hadn't read her post thoroughly enough, but johngreg's question was even less oblique. His was if she had any links to places expressing these hate and tantrums, and her reply to that was so disproportionate it could fill a Tardis.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynistin ... omment-251

She's seriously unhinged. Bipolar probably isn't enough to describe her.
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2502
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Jan Steen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:38 pm  •  [Post 28014]

curriejean wrote:
It was a simple, open-ended question. I honestly didn't expect so much hostility. I was aware when I asked it that her post looked hypocritical, but then there could have been another reason for the censoring, of which I was not aware, so I wasn't about to start making absolute judgments. And she didn't even give an answer, just went on some weird snark-attack devoid of actual substance. I guess that's that then.


Well, if you read between the lines, she claims that she hadn't noticed that the photo was censored.
Fighting hypocrisy since Sun Oct 14, 2012.
User avatar
Jan Steen
.
.
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby DownThunder » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 pm  •  [Post 28015]

Even for a snarky bunch of assholes like the worst of the FTB commentariat, reading whole paragraphs made of sarcasm must get extremely tedious. I cant even make language barrier excuses for her. Her writing is just painful to read.
DownThunder
.
.
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby curriejean » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:49 pm  •  [Post 28016]

Jan Steen wrote:
curriejean wrote:
It was a simple, open-ended question. I honestly didn't expect so much hostility. I was aware when I asked it that her post looked hypocritical, but then there could have been another reason for the censoring, of which I was not aware, so I wasn't about to start making absolute judgments. And she didn't even give an answer, just went on some weird snark-attack devoid of actual substance. I guess that's that then.


Well, if you read between the lines, she claims that she hadn't noticed that the photo was censored.


I guess so maybe, but it's so steeped in hostility/sarcasm/snark/whatever, I can't even tell which parts she might be serious about. I mean, the original image is nearly twice the height of the cropped one she used. You don't need to notice a bit of blurring at the bottom (I didn't either at first) to realize it's censored. The "words scrawled on her body and the heavy subject matter" that apparently distracted her so much (to whatever degree of sarcasm she's using) are what are cropped out of the photo.

Blah. There's no point.
User avatar
curriejean
.
.
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby welch » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 pm  •  [Post 28017]

Pitchguest wrote:
curriejean wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Yemisi Ilesanmi proves to be a good FTBer in not being able to handle even mild criticism.

Currie Jean wrote:Why not use Amina’s original photo? The one with her breasts still in it.


The response is the standard FTB snark and evasion:

Yemisi Ilesanmi wrote:Oh goodness me! You mean I did not use the picture with the boobies and nipples? Gosh, how did that even happen! You even generously provided the evidence of the missing boobies and nipples. And to think I am an ardent fan of boobies How dare I not notice nipples were missing! I guess I did not stare hard enough at the chosen pic to realize that the boobs were missing and the nipples invisible. I must have been distracted by the words scrawled on her body and the heavy subject matter of my blogpost. How do I even begin to ask for forgiveness for this unimaginable slip. Do i still get to claim that I love boobies?


Yeah, she totally hadn't noticed that the nipples in her photo of Amina Tyler had been edited away. As if women always have two nebulous patches on top of their breasts.

[...]

http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynisting/2013/05/26/free-amina-tyler-now-it-is-her-body-her-choice-her-right/#comments
http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynisting/2013/05/16/comment-policy/



It was a simple, open-ended question. I honestly didn't expect so much hostility. I was aware when I asked it that her post looked hypocritical, but then there could have been another reason for the censoring, of which I was not aware, so I wasn't about to start making absolute judgments. And she didn't even give an answer, just went on some weird snark-attack devoid of actual substance. I guess that's that then.


That seems to be Yemisi's way of dealing with criticism. Like she recently discovered sarcasm and now she can't help but using it. When johngreg and I first went to her blog when she wrote a post about A+, she asked a question, "Why all the hate and tantrums?" (From people against the idea of A+) I wondered if she had all the facts to ask such a thing and got pilloried for it, where I actually conceded I hadn't read her post thoroughly enough, but johngreg's question was even less oblique. His was if she had any links to places expressing these hate and tantrums, and her reply to that was so disproportionate it could fill a Tardis.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynistin ... omment-251

She's seriously unhinged. Bipolar probably isn't enough to describe her.


Because she's not used to people directly questioning her stances.

I see this a LOT, most recently on an overlong discussion about standards on App.net. People are generally not used to being told "Actually, you're wrong, and your opinion about <issue> is wrong as well, and therefore, somewhat immaterial. Here's how it ACTUALLY works, you should revise what you're saying." They get mad because they feel stupid, and in a sense, they were.

But it's when they decide that because you didn't somehow validate their error and made them feel bad by calling them out on their error that makes them actually right that things go off the rails. I've been called out on error pretty fucking brutally before, (I made a VERY stupid assumption about Uniform Type Identifiers on OS X once), and while I didn't like it, all the opinions I based on that error were in fact, wrong and of no value whatsoever. I didn't LIKE it, but it was how it was, and my opinion didn't really matter.

Yemmi will never accept being called wrong, even when presented with facts. Talking to her is like talking to the cat. Ally seems a lot smarter in that regard.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8130
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby JAB » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:55 pm  •  [Post 28018]

curriejean wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
curriejean wrote:
It was a simple, open-ended question. I honestly didn't expect so much hostility. I was aware when I asked it that her post looked hypocritical, but then there could have been another reason for the censoring, of which I was not aware, so I wasn't about to start making absolute judgments. And she didn't even give an answer, just went on some weird snark-attack devoid of actual substance. I guess that's that then.


Well, if you read between the lines, she claims that she hadn't noticed that the photo was censored.


I guess so maybe, but it's so steeped in hostility/sarcasm/snark/whatever, I can't even tell which parts she might be serious about. I mean, the original image is nearly twice the height of the cropped one she used. You don't need to notice a bit of blurring at the bottom (I didn't either at first) to realize it's censored. The "words scrawled on her body and the heavy subject matter" that apparently distracted her so much (to whatever degree of sarcasm she's using) are what are cropped out of the photo.

Blah. There's no point.


I also find it deliciously ironic that you complained about the cropped out nipples and there's your avatar with a black band accross the money shot.
"If the man doesn't believe as we do, we say he is a crank, and that settles it. I mean, it does nowadays, because now we can't burn him." Mark Twain
User avatar
JAB
.
.
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby LMU » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:56 pm  •  [Post 28019]

Altair wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Update for those who missed it:

Comment from Ericka M. Johnson, President Seattle Atheists
First off, I want to say how powerfully grateful I am to have Skep Tickle on the board of Seattle Atheists. She didn't want to run for office but I'm glad we were able to talk her into it because we are better off thanks to her work. She is a thoughtful and diligent skeptic. She's been vaccinated against fallacies and can see things from all sides. She is willing to listen to criticism of her ideas and can to admit when she's wrong (provided you actually manage to prove her wrong.)


Full comment is here:
http://heathen-hub.com/blog.php?bt=9287


Ah, a very serendipitous comment, Andrew. While checking Ophelia's twitter timeline, I was wondering who Ericka Johnson was. She's been having a very long conversation with Ophelia about Skeptickle, which apparently started by Ericka tweeting that she supports Dr. Tickle



Needless to say, Ophelia is not happy with that, and has been trying to convince Ericka that SkepTickle is eeeeevil.


They might succeed in convincing her that the 'pit is evil though. Which would sort of be missing the point of it, but so it goes.

One of the prices of freedom is tolerating the existence of things you don't like. Ideally, one would recognize that just because you don't like something, that doesn't make it evil. Personally, I value the freedom here more than my preference to avoid seeing the random NSFW pics that get posted here sometimes. It really doesn't bother me that much, but if it did I would leave without complaint. I will make the *request* that people choose to post such images sparingly, because I would like to be able to browse the pit without accidentally shocking anybody nearby. As an alternative I'd suggest maybe a NSFW image thread that people could post images in, and then post the links to them here. To be clear: I suggest this as a voluntary measure for people who agree, those who don't should do as they will.
"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."
Charitable interpretation of Elevator Guy.
"They" pronouns please.
User avatar
LMU
.
.
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby AndrewV69 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:00 pm  •  [Post 28020]

H. Korban wrote:Talking about the branch: turns out that doxxing someone from my community can have a very detrimental effect. For example, it can lead to, in certain instances, violence, if not to oneself, to ones close family back in India. One does not want to mess around with the mullahs, if one can help it.


Jazak Allahu Khayran,

I understand, although I see that I could have phrased it more explicitly, but that was why I asked if you could tell me. For what it is worth, I tend to favour Shia over Sunni, and Ismaili more so.

(also to prevent any misunderstandings, you should consider me a kafir)
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby AndrewV69 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:01 pm  •  [Post 28021]

Altair wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Update for those who missed it:

Comment from Ericka M. Johnson, President Seattle Atheists
First off, I want to say how powerfully grateful I am to have Skep Tickle on the board of Seattle Atheists. She didn't want to run for office but I'm glad we were able to talk her into it because we are better off thanks to her work. She is a thoughtful and diligent skeptic. She's been vaccinated against fallacies and can see things from all sides. She is willing to listen to criticism of her ideas and can to admit when she's wrong (provided you actually manage to prove her wrong.)


Full comment is here:
http://heathen-hub.com/blog.php?bt=9287


Ah, a very serendipitous comment, Andrew. While checking Ophelia's twitter timeline, I was wondering who Ericka Johnson was. She's been having a very long conversation with Ophelia about Skeptickle, which apparently started by Ericka tweeting that she supports Dr. Tickle



Needless to say, Ophelia is not happy with that, and has been trying to convince Ericka that SkepTickle is eeeeevil.


Oh Good luck with that. I suppose OB has no idea who she is talking to?
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby AndrewV69 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:04 pm  •  [Post 28022]

ERV wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Ouch Renee. I guess everyone should get tested for HPV.

Cant. There is no 'test'. Individual lesions/tumors can be tested, though. But you cant just take some blood or look for an antibody.


Oh great! Wonderful (not).
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby dogen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:14 pm  •  [Post 28023]

AndrewV69 wrote:
H. Korban wrote:Talking about the branch: turns out that doxxing someone from my community can have a very detrimental effect. For example, it can lead to, in certain instances, violence, if not to oneself, to ones close family back in India. One does not want to mess around with the mullahs, if one can help it.


Jazak Allahu Khayran,

I understand, although I see that I could have phrased it more explicitly, but that was why I asked if you could tell me. For what it is worth, I tend to favour Shia over Sunni, and Ismaili more so.

(also to prevent any misunderstandings, you should consider me a kafir)


Favor? For what, might I ask? You're not on the prowl for a gay-muslim-waifu, are you?
User avatar
dogen
.
.
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby curriejean » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:18 pm  •  [Post 28024]

JAB wrote:
curriejean wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
curriejean wrote:
It was a simple, open-ended question. I honestly didn't expect so much hostility. I was aware when I asked it that her post looked hypocritical, but then there could have been another reason for the censoring, of which I was not aware, so I wasn't about to start making absolute judgments. And she didn't even give an answer, just went on some weird snark-attack devoid of actual substance. I guess that's that then.


Well, if you read between the lines, she claims that she hadn't noticed that the photo was censored.


I guess so maybe, but it's so steeped in hostility/sarcasm/snark/whatever, I can't even tell which parts she might be serious about. I mean, the original image is nearly twice the height of the cropped one she used. You don't need to notice a bit of blurring at the bottom (I didn't either at first) to realize it's censored. The "words scrawled on her body and the heavy subject matter" that apparently distracted her so much (to whatever degree of sarcasm she's using) are what are cropped out of the photo.

Blah. There's no point.


I also find it deliciously ironic that you complained about the cropped out nipples and there's your avatar with a black band accross the money shot.


It's a scan from a set of actual Winnie the Pooh Christmas cards. I gave them out to a few special friends last year after drawing the black band on myself to imply a money shot. I figured unnecessary censorship would suit the pit's theme well.

User avatar
curriejean
.
.
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby rpguest » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm  •  [Post 28025]

cross posted from the gurdur thing

"I don’t see the pit as a uniform mass (confusing Eliza with Welch and Welch with Franc Hoggle? Never in my life!!!). I understand that you are different. Nevertheless, be honest: there is hardly a day without mentioning Ophelia, PZ or RW. That’s the focus and one would have to be blind not to see it. "

that is not the point. they of course get mentioned. but the previous unregistered (who was welch) was specifically pointing out that the comments would not be seen if THEY were not being specifically monitored.

who cares if someone is slagging someone else if its going on in 'that house over there, behind closed doors, but with a window open?' you already dont like that house or the occupants, you think the lawn is untended the siding is falling off, the pets unruly, and the place stinks.

and yet--you sneak onto the property to eavesdrop. you pay close attention to which friends visit and listen to what they say when coming an going. your friends follow those cars and listen from outside the window while youre sleeping, and cant wait to tell you what horrible things others are saying about you from inside their house, and you then yell at them from down the block and hang signs around the neighborhood calling attention to it. you ring the doorbells of five other neighbors and badger them about how horrible it is that one of your friends listened ALL NIGHT at their window and took COPIOUS NOTES about every slur and slight and you were FORCED TO LISTEN to all of this and they should ALL SHARE your personal outrage and host a block party to specifically not invite THOSE PEOPLE who never show up to them anyway.

for the love all that is double-blinded WHY??

if anyone around ophelia is guilty of harassment it is her commetariat who hunts down and searches for every scrap out there for her to take offense at, and ophelia herself for never once telling them 'i do not care in the slightest what they have to say, stop linking to them' and indeed constantly--CONSTANTLY engaging them.


and occasionally doxxing bystanders. because no matter what you think of this first part and the extended circumstance, it has no real connection and certainly no justification over her actions towards skep tickle.
User avatar
rpguest
 

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby BarnOwl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm  •  [Post 28026]

Altair wrote:Needless to say, Ophelia is not happy with that, and has been trying to convince Ericka that SkepTickle is eeeeevil.


She's gone rather farther than that, if you look at her twitter feed. Nasty stream of narcissistic delusions and doubling down. Of course she's got her FtBuddies to feed her narcissistic supply of distorted reality. Finding out that Skep Tickle is a physician whose work benefits other human beings is definitely not the truth that Ophelia wanted to discover. How dare she be a decent, educated, and productive human being, when that doesn't fit Ophelia's mendacious, self-serving narrative?

So now Ophelia is going to try even harder to smear Skep Tickle, and the tweets with Ericka are consistent with that tactic. Her actions and words continue to be consistent with my guesses about her background. I'd look in the Social Register if I could be arsed to waste the time.
User avatar
BarnOwl
.
.
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: The wrong trouser of Time

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Zenspace » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:21 pm  •  [Post 28027]

LMU wrote:

One of the prices of freedom is tolerating the existence of things you don't like. Ideally, one would recognize that just because you don't like something, that doesn't make it evil. Personally, I value the freedom here more than my preference to avoid seeing the random NSFW pics that get posted here sometimes. It really doesn't bother me that much, but if it did I would leave without complaint. I will make the *request* that people choose to post such images sparingly, because I would like to be able to browse the pit without accidentally shocking anybody nearby. As an alternative I'd suggest maybe a NSFW image thread that people could post images in, and then post the links to them here. To be clear: I suggest this as a voluntary measure for people who agree, those who don't should do as they will.


Bold #1: Yup. Freedom isn't for wimps. Harden the fuck up and face the world. This is the thing about these SJW keyboard warriors that makes me ill. All their little problems and offences are someone else's fault and those offensive types should change their behavior to suit MEEEE!! I couldn't face myself in the mirror in the morning if I'd gone that pissant soft.

Bold#2: Nah, that's just silly. I mean, do what you want, but I'll take the Pyt as is. NSFW? Then don't read the Pyt at work. Granted, I know how tempting it is when the place is rolling hot! I've been there but had to wait until my office was cleared to check in. That's just the way it is. The spoiler tags helped, bu tyou know yo uwant to click it to see what's there! And fucking Mykeru ran a bunch of goatses with misleading spoiler titles a while back. Clicked a few of those buggers before I learned to control myself and skim to a later comment to see what was under there! :lol:
“Girls have got balls. They're just a little higher up, that's all.” ― Joan Jett
User avatar
Zenspace
.
.
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby BarnOwl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:27 pm  •  [Post 28028]

windy wrote:porcupine fail


Honey Badger don't care!
User avatar
BarnOwl
.
.
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: The wrong trouser of Time

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby JAB » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:31 pm  •  [Post 28029]

curriejean wrote:
JAB wrote:
curriejean wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
curriejean wrote:
It was a simple, open-ended question. I honestly didn't expect so much hostility. I was aware when I asked it that her post looked hypocritical, but then there could have been another reason for the censoring, of which I was not aware, so I wasn't about to start making absolute judgments. And she didn't even give an answer, just went on some weird snark-attack devoid of actual substance. I guess that's that then.


Well, if you read between the lines, she claims that she hadn't noticed that the photo was censored.


I guess so maybe, but it's so steeped in hostility/sarcasm/snark/whatever, I can't even tell which parts she might be serious about. I mean, the original image is nearly twice the height of the cropped one she used. You don't need to notice a bit of blurring at the bottom (I didn't either at first) to realize it's censored. The "words scrawled on her body and the heavy subject matter" that apparently distracted her so much (to whatever degree of sarcasm she's using) are what are cropped out of the photo.

Blah. There's no point.


I also find it deliciously ironic that you complained about the cropped out nipples and there's your avatar with a black band accross the money shot.


It's a scan from a set of actual Winnie the Pooh Christmas cards. I gave them out to a few special friends last year after drawing the black band on myself to imply a money shot. I figured unnecessary censorship would suit the pit's theme well.


Oh, I got it, I just wanted to indicate my appreciation. It wasn't meant as a criticism.
"If the man doesn't believe as we do, we say he is a crank, and that settles it. I mean, it does nowadays, because now we can't burn him." Mark Twain
User avatar
JAB
.
.
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby nippletwister » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:34 pm  •  [Post 28030]

Gumby wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:I’m planning to write to the board to suggest that Dr. Lindsay go through a training program to help him understand what he did wrong, and learn not to do it again.



These whackjobs are just begging for a re-education center on their very own gulag.

Yes! Lindsay must be reprogrammed for the heinous crime of suggesting that self-proclaimed skeptics actually use skepticism.



He's been commenting at Atheist revolution for a few days now. Random moments of actual reason entwined in great clumps of "WTF is he talking about?" Kind of like pretty strands of Christmas tinsel in cat shit.
nippletwister
.
.
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: California

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby rpguest » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:34 pm  •  [Post 28031]

welch wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:My comment was not approved because I used "Ophie" three times. One was merely a mention of "nicknames are harassment" comment, so really, I only called her "Ophie" twice.

So, IF you want your comment to go through, resubmit using her full first name. Playground rules don't apply everywhere. I fully appreciate moderation rules that are clearly spelled out and applied in an even handed manner.


Gurdur states: " Note: the comments thread here underneath will be strictly off-limits to any empty name-calling."

I do not think "Ophie" falls under this. Should have been clearer about that.


Agree. Her name is Ophelia and there's no reason not to use it. There is nothing stopping people from clearly spelling out Benson's crimes without resorting to 'nicknames'. If Gurdur wants to focus on issues without the silly distractions then that's his right and it's not his issue if anyone doesn't like it. He doesn't ask anyone to change the substance of their posts. This is exactly what I was referring to earlier about anti-authoritarian puritanism where a reasonable request for self-restraint and moderation is seen as unacceptably censorious.


However, there's an actual *point* to "ophie". If that is such a great crime, then why is "Dick" Dawkins okay? If diminumtives are a crime when used by people they don't like, why are they okay when THEY use them.

different point to a different audience, tho. i believe gurdur would criticize that use in the same way.

i disagree that 'ophie' implies anything more to 'ophelia' than 'beccy' does for 'rebecca.' it is somewhat infantilizing nicknaming to be metaphorically patting them on the head like a child, accusations of childlike thinking or immaturaty, etc. i could see an 'oaf' insinuation only of 'oph' was used but again its besides the point, which is with jeuvanile nicknaming in general.

obviously his site his rules, and overall i think that goes a reasonable way towards cultivating a different tone and focusing on the criticism of actions. i don't actually see curbing irrelevant and distractionary personal mudslinging as a bad thing.

can always get your rocks off with that elsewhere. like here, you fuckfaces.
User avatar
rpguest
 

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby curriejean » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:41 pm  •  [Post 28032]

JAB wrote:Oh, I got it, I just wanted to indicate my appreciation. It wasn't meant as a criticism.


Multiple ironies broke my brain so took the opportunity to boast, and maybe killed the joke in the process. Thank you for your appreciation. :D
User avatar
curriejean
.
.
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby rpguest » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:50 pm  •  [Post 28033]

Aneris wrote:The first time I actually ran into Oolon. After I gave him the facts, he suggests that I exclude myself from commenting, since he doesn't like them.

Daniel Fincke vs. Justin Vacula on Feminism in the Atheist Movement

well he is rather a pointless rat shit

(bonus empty name-calling)
User avatar
rpguest
 

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby rpguest » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:54 pm  •  [Post 28034]

Pitchguest wrote:So Remember Me. A game that was given a lot of publicity seemingly because it featured a woman as the main character, but also because of its premise and the promise of a good story.

I remember saying that main characters being female or male is irrelevant, if the story and the gameplay doesn't add up. And 'lo and behold, it appears that just because the main character is a woman doesn't automatically mean the game is amazing or even good. Right now it's at a score of 68 at Metacritic, with the user score being roughly the same, having gone down from the original 74, and it might even go down more as time passes. Main criticisms seems to be the story didn't live up to its promise, the gameplay repetetive, the platforming weak and the design choices poor, while general praise with the ambition of the story and the world design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_Me_(video_game)#Reception

Maybe Anita Sarkeesian will take this on board when she analyzes importance of female/male protagonists in games. (She won't.)

ah but it only received a bad score BECAUSE of patriarchy you entitled fool!
User avatar
rpguest
 

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Cunning Punt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:00 pm  •  [Post 28035]

H. Korban wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
H. Korban wrote:I was raised (in India) in the perhaps the most misoginistic religious tradition of all: Islam.


However, I was wondering if you could tell me which branch of Islam you were raised in? Could you be specific in your answer and so for example say Dawoodi Bohra rather than just Shia? (I am not assuming that you are Shia).


If I tell you the branch, it would not be hard to figure out everything about me. Yes, I was raised in a Shia environment, in a form of Ismailism. I maintain an interest in the philosophical aspects of the religion, even though I am no longer religious myself.

Talking about the branch: turns out that doxxing someone from my community can have a very detrimental effect. For example, it can lead to, in certain instances, violence, if not to oneself, to ones close family back in India. One does not want to mess around with the mullahs, if one can help it.


Ismailis. You are the people whose leader is the Agha Khan (sp), yes? Many years ago I was in Kasmiri Pakistan, and there were a lot of Ismailis in that area. As I recall, a more peaceful form of Islam.
PZ Myers wrote:
"You are the patriarchy personified, noelplum99"
noelplum99 wrote:
"And to think my mother said i would never amount to anything."
User avatar
Cunning Punt
.
.
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby treestump » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:02 pm  •  [Post 28036]

I've just finished reading all the current posts at Gurdur's site http://goo.gl/wOBGz. It's good that Michael Nugent has stated that he is reading and considering all of the comments there. I actually agree very much with Gurdur's posting policy. If insults had been let through, that site would have become an incoherent mess and it's usefulness would have been minimal. As it stands, Gurdur has applied an incredibly fair policy of no name-calling, which has allowed the comments there to be very worthwhile in exposing PZ Myers / Ophelia Benson / Stephanie Zvan (if you are reading this, thanks for that policy Gurdur; some people on this site, myself included, are vocal in their outrage as they have been disgusted by the actions of PZ / OB / SZ over the years and the harm that they have done). The damage that these people have done to the A/S community is immeasurable; as Skep Tickle rightly points out, FtB is potentially one of the first places that inquiring minds looking at Atheism and Skepticism will go, thinking that it will be a place for discourse and Free Thought. It is not, and possible newcomers to the community will more often than not leave again in disgust after a barrage of "fuck off MRA scumbag" (after making completely non-misogynistic comments) or other denigrating personal insults (and not just from commentators but from PZ Myers, Ophelia Benson and Stephanie Zvan themselves who absolutely encourage this from their followers). These people do not deserve to be representatives of this community and allowing them to speak at conferences is an embarrassment. DJ Grothe has been very brave in removing them completely from TAM (in fact, I'd say heroic, as he knew well that these people aggressively manufacture controversies to destroy any and all dissent; they attempted to destroy DJ's reputation calling for him to be removed from the JREF http://goo.gl/trkvl , and they are now attempting to bully the CFI to destroy Ron Lindsay's career - there are no depths to which PZ / OB / SZ will not sink...).

However, I have noticed that PZ / OB / SZ have toned down all of their posts since Skep Tickle fully exposed them on Gurdur's post from the 3rd June onwards. This is not unexpected: bullies often resort to the "what? who me? no, no, I'm the nice guy!" tactics when they are exposed to try to downplay their guilt, so I hope that if Mr. Nugent wants to see all of the abusive, insulting, dogmatic and heavily censored behaviour which is absolutely the defining standard of these bloggers at FtB, he will look at anything from before a few days ago, where the constant abuse and censorship goes back for the entire existence of FtB (of course a few bloggers at FtB don't engage in this, but certainly PZ Myers, Ophelia Benson, Stephanie Zvan and of course Jason Thibeault also are incredibly guilty of poisoning the global A/S community and probably shrinking the community with their dogma, censorship and bullying attempts to control all discourse to their narrow-minded views). I predict that now that PZ / SZ / OB have been exposed so completely by Skep Tickle, that they will call for peace and understanding and 'reach out' to her to 'heal the rift' and they will call their censorship simply a way to maintain order on their sites (instead of what it is, stifling free discourse and constantly censoring very decent reasonable views with the SallyStrange / Jadehawk / Nerd of Redhead guard dogs to then abuse, insult and aggressively dominate any dissent and restore 'order' to the echo chamber).

In my opinion, I'd say that Skep Tickle is worth 1000x what a PZ Myers or an OB or a SZ is worth to this community; I would buy a ticket to see her speak at an Atheist conference any day (alongside say Harriet Hall, Ron Lindsay and DJ Grothe; all people that FtB have attempted, or are attempting in Ron Lindsay's case, to destroy the reputations of). Ophelia Benson, PZ Myers and Stephanie Zvan are all complicit in this doxxing of Skep Tickle; it is utterly shameful and they are a disgrace to the A/S community.

I look forward very much to reading what Skep Tickle posts next, and to Michael Nugent's response.
treestump
.
.
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:22 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby AndrewV69 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 pm  •  [Post 28037]

dogen wrote:Favor? For what, might I ask? You're not on the prowl for a gay-muslim-waifu, are you?


The favour of responding of course. But you already knew that ... oh you who is so strong in the snark (not to mention a fitna monger).

It is people like you wot cause unrest.
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby curriejean » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:15 pm  •  [Post 28038]

Image

Thank you all! We are live! Please click and sign if you find it represents you, and share the link far and wide.

All signatures gathered during beta testing have been erased, so anyone who already signed will need to sign again.

Many cheers to everyone who helped out with the composition and supported this effort.

Many more cheers and thank-yous to the user agarybuseychristmas who is responsible for creating the site and donating hours of custom coding work.
User avatar
curriejean
.
.
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Lsuoma » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:17 pm  •  [Post 28039]

curriejean wrote:[wimg]http://i.imgur.com/O6PAGFt.png[/wimg]

Thank you all! We are live! Please click and sign if you find it represents you, and share the link far and wide.

All signatures gathered during beta testing have been erased, so anyone who already signed will need to sign again.

Many cheers to everyone who helped out with the composition and supported this effort.

Many more cheers and thank-yous to the user agarybuseychristmas who is responsible for creating the site and donating hours of custom coding work.

Let the hating begin!
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Lsuoma » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:18 pm  •  [Post 28040]

Lsuoma wrote:
curriejean wrote:[wimg]http://i.imgur.com/O6PAGFt.png[/wimg]

Thank you all! We are live! Please click and sign if you find it represents you, and share the link far and wide.

All signatures gathered during beta testing have been erased, so anyone who already signed will need to sign again.

Many cheers to everyone who helped out with the composition and supported this effort.

Many more cheers and thank-yous to the user agarybuseychristmas who is responsible for creating the site and donating hours of custom coding work.

Let the hating begin!

(and well done: nice job!)
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: debaser71, didymos, Google [Bot], Phil_Giordana_FCD and 9 guests