You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote: Bomb threats now, at schoolboys, Seriously? .. Well done media. :doh:
Such things should be considered part of a traditional education.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1797_Rugb ... _rebellion

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote: This may not interest some people here.

youtu.be/2rJhabYFtmI
We had a bat-shit RSM (1992 or thereabouts) who decreed that no soldier, regardless of turnout, would be considered for stickman* unless he was wearing puttees. Being a fairly new-sort at the time, I'd never get stickman anyway so never bothered. I can still remember the old/bold troopers cursing and swearing as they wrapped the fucking things around their ankles.

Talk about relics. Still, what the RSM wants, the RSM gets. His replacement made them mandatory for everyone on guard - a practice that persisted for years! I think I've still got a few pairs of the things buried in a grip somewhere.

* "Stickman" - the best "turned out" individual on guard parade. The lucky winner gets knocked-off, the rest get to spend the night guarding the camp with little/no sleep. In addition, for bringing your sub-unit honour by winning stickman, your SSM (or CSM) would forget your name for a month or so when he was doing the duty rota. Conversely, if you get "picked up" by the inspecting officer (he finds fault with your turn-out), your SSM (or CSM) will take a personal interest in ruining your social life. This unfortunate condition is known as "doing Oliver" - extra duties, lots and lots of extra duties. The absolute worst case scenario, reserved only for serious or repeat offenders, is the dreaded "day-on-day-off" until further notice.

But that's me drifting waaay off topic.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote: Talking of smug smirking white nationalists.

Make Alba Great Again

Please let it be kiddy-fiddling and Sturgeon is part of the ring!

Please, please, please!!!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

With all the recent hype about Dr Who - I thought this summed up how the stories (and character) should be fun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGf3zWpjPGU

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: With all the recent hype about Dr Who - I thought this summed up how the stories (and character) should be fun...
I like old-school Who.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:23 pm
Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote: Who knew a simple hat had so much mojo, so much ability to cause so many to repudiate long held beliefs and tenets ... (did I get that right FT? ... ;-) )
https://pics.me.me/evolution-of-the-dun ... 022308.png

:bjarte:
There was a time in the 1980s when the baseball style cap was called an IQ slicer. The MAGA hat ...
I remember in the early 80's when they first appeared in the UK, and were called "IQ Reducers" - the idea being that wearing one reduced your IQ by 50%, and turning the peak to the back reduced by a further 50%.....

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Bhurzum wrote: Please let it be kiddy-fiddling and Sturgeon is part of the ring!

I think it's for #metoo type stuff. (allegedly)
MarcusAu wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: Bomb threats now, at schoolboys, Seriously? .. Well done media. :doh:
Such things should be considered part of a traditional education.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1797_Rugb ... _rebellion
In 1710 the pupils of Winchester rebelled over their beer ration.
Now come on, no one fucks with a boy mans beer rations, I mean NO ONE! :x

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

True Story. My sister once saw Jon Pertwee late one night at Farthing Corner Motorway Services Kent in the late 1970's. He was sat alone drinking a cup of coffee so she decided to go and ask him for his autograph.

He told her to Fuck Off! :lol:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Listen to this utter cretin and despair!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

piginthecity wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:25 am
Mr. Sandman, give me a smirk (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Make it the cutest so that it will work (bung, bung, bung, bung)
For triggering a fake vietnam vet (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Then tell him how it's best to be cis-het
Sandman has a punchable face
But that don't make him the master race
He just wears a silly hat
For fuck's sake leave it at that

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

shoutinghorse wrote: I think it's for #metoo type stuff. (allegedly)
Appears to be. The chain of events seems to be some event at his place involving alcohol. He asked her to come to the bedroom, she did. He asked her to lie down on the bed, she did. He got on top of her and began touching her. She asked him to stop, he did.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Sending out a message that you want to hate and fear all people who want to Make America Great Again....

Just how does that play among ordinary Americans who like chanting 'USA, USA' any time one of their soccer players manages to kick a ball straight.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

fafnir wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: I think it's for #metoo type stuff. (allegedly)
Appears to be. The chain of events seems to be some event at his place involving alcohol. He asked her to come to the bedroom, she did. He asked her to lie down on the bed, she did. He got on top of her and began touching her. She asked him to stop, he did.
I'm willing to bet that reporting restrictions will be lifted and the papers will be full of the details that they won't print about the 55 men recently charged in Bradford.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

SM1957 wrote: Sending out a message that you want to hate and fear all people who want to Make America Great Again....

Just how does that play among ordinary Americans who like chanting 'USA, USA' any time one of their soccer players manages to kick a ball straight.
Most Americans wouldn't put 'straight' and 'soccer player' in the same sentence.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote: True Story. My sister once saw Jon Pertwee late one night at Farthing Corner Motorway Services Kent in the late 1970's. He was sat alone drinking a cup of coffee so she decided to go and ask him for his autograph.

I'd have given my left nut to hear Worzel Gummidge telling someone to fuck off. Regardless of the facts/timeline, that's the voice I hear Pertwee use as the scenario plays in my mind. Brilliant!

https://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/ ... k=1MdC8Vnh

franc

Post by franc »

I fucking hate Jim Jarmusch. Smarmy asshole is responsible for hipster culture. But he made a damn fine doco on The Stooges I just watched -

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714917/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

_Loose_ - where Deep Purple stole the riff for _Smoke on the Water_ from -

https://youtu.be/MSuLhxKAnWg

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

The Expanse, Season 3, will debut on Feb 3 at Amazon Prime Video.

That is all.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:25 am
True Story. My sister once saw Jon Pertwee late one night at Farthing Corner Motorway Services Kent in the late 1970's. He was sat alone drinking a cup of coffee so she decided to go and ask him for his autograph.

Not in the same league, but i do remember running home from school once to make sure I caught some children's quiz show which Pertwee was a guest on. Can't recall the name of the show, but it involved celebrities answering questions to make lights on a football pitch shaped board light up to get to the other end. I was sure that Doctor Who would be a massive genius and get all the questions right.

Inevitably I learnt a valuable lesson as JP asked for the easiest questions and STILL got them all wrong - even ones that I myself could answer at that tender age !

Doctor Who was a thicko !!! The horror of it !

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Barbasol: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: Talking of smug smirking white nationalists.

Make Alba Great Again

Please let it be kiddy-fiddling and Sturgeon is part of the ring!

Acting as Jeanette Krankie to lure the weans.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: True Story. My sister once saw Jon Pertwee late one night at Farthing Corner Motorway Services Kent in the late 1970's. He was sat alone drinking a cup of coffee so she decided to go and ask him for his autograph.

I'd have given my left nut to hear Worzel Gummidge telling someone to fuck off. Regardless of the facts/timeline, that's the voice I hear Pertwee use as the scenario plays in my mind. Brilliant!

https://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/ ... k=1MdC8Vnh
I was always hoping that Peter Capaldi would go Full Tucker while playing Doctor Who. Or see Severus Snape threatening to cut Harry Potter's heart out with a spoon.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

There have been a series of vandal attacks on London war memorials, and even the Yvonne Fletcher memorial (the cop who was murdered by Libyan embassy staff). For some reason, the Met has CCTV footage of the people responsible, but are not releasing it, as it would complicate their enquiries.

:think:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

CommanderTuvok wrote: There have been a series of vandal attacks on London war memorials, and even the Yvonne Fletcher memorial (the cop who was murdered by Libyan embassy staff). For some reason, the Met has CCTV footage of the people responsible, but are not releasing it, as it would complicate their enquiries.

I'm guess that if there had been a boy smirking , we would have seen the footage by now.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Service Dog wrote: Barbasol: You is all a bunch of poofs!

No canned crap for my straight razors, but a little chemistry instead:
Shaving_soap_NaOH_portion.png
(231.36 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Shaving_soap_KOH_portion.png
(228.01 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
I found calculating the mix of KOH and NaOH soaps separately was easier, but you still put all the ingredients in the same double boiler and cook them with appropriate strong alkali precautions. Best shaving soap ever!

John D

Post by John D »

Tim Pool thinks it is just gonna get worse and I agree. I think I need to buy my MAGA hat now. The battle lines are being drawn.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I don't wanna push you over the edge, John D... but... I was just ooooutraged by seeing this footage for the 1st time...
the covington boys had literally TAKEN A KNEE when the wild injuns approached them. They were in full Mahatma Kapernick jedi nice-jesus repose.

go to One Minute 17 seconds into this video...
https://youtu.be/mBhWUZ2pexw?t=77

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Full list of charges.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: I think I need to buy my MAGA hat now.
As for buying a MAGA hat... I've been thinking about wearing something like that. Maybe red with white letters saying wimpy, like "Cant We All Just Get Along" ... to see who gets triggered.

Tho, as much as I like Trump trolling softheads... all I have to do is remember his lawyer is shitstain Rudy Guiliani, to remind myself Trump is no friend of mine.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:25 am

Well seeing as you can't spend the 5 minutes or less or are too stupid to use the search function allow me to do it for you. Do read this carefully it will show you that you were full of shit right from the start.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=545&p=481580&hilit ... on#p481580
As you see I didn't lump you in with the demented Clinton death game as you had accused me. When I asked you to find the quote you didn't. When I looked up the quote and responded to you you apparently ignored it even though you were around as little as a few days later. Don't bother engaging me in future, you are a waste of time.
OK, I guess we'll extend the tedium a bit. The post you referenced was not the post I was referring to. Why you thought it might have been is beyond me, as I said it was in response to something I said about Hilary Clinton and it occurred during the Trump/Clinton election, whereas this one is from 2018 during the Kavanaugh hearings.

After a bit of searching, I believe I've found the relevant post here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=472&hilit=reminder ... 75#p394532
jugheadnaut wrote:
The e-mails have been released containing a type of digital signature called DKIM which validates both identity of the sender and the contents of the e-mail. Every e-mail that has been checked so far validates. The coy game many in the Hillary campaign are playing about the accuracy of the e-mails is pure obfuscation.
free thoughtpolice wrote: The coy game being not wasting the rest of their campaign defending trivial crap?
Why hasn't the FBI talked about how Trump has been compromised by the KGB/FSB? Sources say it's cause too close to the election.
Did you hear about the new info released by the FBI from 15 years ago about pervo Bill? Didn't thinks so because you are retarded or dumb. :P
if you weren't visited by the ghost of Vince Foster this Halloween then you have liberal cooties.
Tomorrow a video showing Huma and Hillary engaged in hot lesbian sex is coming. :o
:twisted: :oops: :x
You somehow brought in Vince Foster and the Hilary Clinton lesbian rumors in response to a vanilla post about why the Wikileaks DNC emails were validated. Now granted, this wasn't necessarily an accusation of me believing this stuff, and could easily be interpreted as just your usual whataboutery. But as an example of your hyperpartisan nature, at least with regards to US politics, it stands. There's no shame in it, and you're certainly not the only poster here of that nature (but probably the most obnoxious). I'd surmise just about everyone here who reads your posts comes to the same conclusion, so I don't know why you don't just own it. As a conciliatory note, I have no trouble believing you're actually a policy moderate, and dimly recall you excoriating hard left sources. This is consistent with my real life experiences, where the most partisan Democrats I've known were policy moderates. Doesn't seem to work, the other way though. Ultrapartisan Republicans are never policy moderates.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

DW Adams wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:15 am
The Expanse, Season 3, will debut on Feb 3 at Amazon Prime Video.

That is all.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Listen to this utter cretin and despair!

I've seen her somewhere before.

Borg-Queen.png
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 205 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote: Here's a couple to get you started <snip>
Cheers, I'm already sold. Just ordered this...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1200_.jpg

A steal at £6.49p (Amazon.co.uk); will load up the Ipod and give it a whirl on my next solo hike with the hounds.
Good call.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Don't believe Nathan Phillips wasn't a recon ranger in vietnam. He was so badass... they put his face on the patch!
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/imag ... 5446a0.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm gonna wear that patch with my maga hat... and my new wardrobe... from the Hebrew Israelite Etsy Shop...

https://www.etsy.com/market/hebrew_israelite_clothing

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Jugheadnaut wrote:
After a bit of searching, I believe I've found the relevant post here:
And that doesn't say what you said I said either. Not interested in further engaging with you. You are an annoying waste of time.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
As for buying a MAGA hat... I've been thinking about wearing something like that. Maybe red with white letters saying wimpy, like "Cant We All Just Get Along" ... to see who gets triggered.

Tho, as much as I like Trump trolling softheads... all I have to do is remember his lawyer is shitstain Rudy Guiliani, to remind myself Trump is no friend of mine.
Yeah... I would really only wear the hat to trigger people...cause.... I am an ass like that.

A large part of what is going on is the transition to the "new media".... whatever that is. It is like the wild west. The money follows the clicks... and most people who provide the clicks are just plain old idiots. The funny thing is that fewer people listened to idiots in the traditional media model. Selling a newspaper is so vastly different than collecting Youtube hits. Now, all the idiots in the world provide the same clicks as the well informed "normal" people.

I can hardly unpack the shit that my own family posts. My daughter tells me I am "denying someone's existence" if I don't think that gender is on a spectrum. This claim is so cosmically stupid that I can barely find the patience to discuss why it is wrong. It is so wrong on its face that my college educated daughter should just know it isn't true. We can disagree about the definition of gender...and...this does not mean I am "denying someone's existence." Seriously... how much more hyperbolic can you get. I can't disagree with her without being labeled as some kind of monster.

And the stupid piles up. The young people today tell me that "asexual" is a type of sexual preference. You know... "cis, or bisexual, or pansexual, or asexual." and I'm like... wait.... saying asexual is a type of sexual preference is like saying bald is a hair color. WTF! They make no sense.

Equating a MAGA hat to a KKK hood is so false on its face that it should be dismissed out of hand. But no... this is the claim on major media outlets (not just radical Youtube sites).

And as I reflect more, I come to the realization of something I always secretly suspected. If you get rid of god most people fill it in with some other religion. The religion of communism.... or social justice.... or anti-colonialism.... or environmentalism.... or veganism. I almost wish I had raised my children in the church. It is way more sensible, constructive, and robust than some of the shit they are into now. Very few people are like me.... am I the only one who thinks that the universe is an uncaring godless place... and that our actions and motivations are driven by irrational moral models that run in our subconscious? Seriously, am I one of the few people to figure this out?

end of rant.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

Yeah... I would really only wear the hat to trigger people...cause.... I am an ass like that.
Has its justifications; frequently some necessity to run a flag up the pole and see who salutes - or gets "triggered":

Woman barred from pub for wearing T-shirt ‘in case it upsets transgender people’
16-Jan-2019 By Robert Mann

A woman has been barred from her local pub after a fellow drinker complained that her T-shirt discriminated against transgender people.
Wearing "stupid hats" CAN BE "problematic", particularly when it shuts down the critical faculties, but of some utility in promoting credible and necessary social conversations.

And sometimes a hat is just a hat - to coin a phrase.

<snip>
John D wrote: I can hardly unpack the shit that my own family posts. My daughter tells me I am "denying someone's existence" if I don't think that gender is on a spectrum. This claim is so cosmically stupid that I can barely find the patience to discuss why it is wrong. It is so wrong on its face that my college educated daughter should just know it isn't true. We can disagree about the definition of gender...and...this does not mean I am "denying someone's existence." Seriously... how much more hyperbolic can you get. I can't disagree with her without being labeled as some kind of monster.
Sure a lot of people who are clueless about cause and effect - post hoc ergo propter hoc being a rather too common logical fallacy.

Although you might consider that there IS some - actually quite a lot - of justification for the idea of gender as a spectrum; you actually might get some traction with your daughter by conceding that, at least "for the sake of argument" or as a starting point.
John D wrote: And the stupid piles up. The young people today tell me that "asexual" is a type of sexual preference. You know... "cis, or bisexual, or pansexual, or asexual." and I'm like... wait.... saying asexual is a type of sexual preference is like saying bald is a hair color. WTF! They make no sense.
Looks like it does to me. IF "sexual preference" is DEFINED as the types of "sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse" that one prefers THEN that set might reasonably be DEFINED as {hetero, homo, bi, multi, mono, none, ...?}. And you might also consider the analogy with number - which includes zero. Seems that many people don't quite get that definitions are frequently a priori, a method of categorizing "persons, things, ideas".

But I geddit that you're peeved - with no shortage of justification. But hitting the panic button without any analysis doesn't help anyone - would you do so when faced with a technical problem at work?

Definitions can get rather convoluted and contradictory, but the application of some analytical skills might resolve the problem.

John D wrote: Equating a MAGA hat to a KKK hood is so false on its face that it should be dismissed out of hand. But no... this is the claim on major media outlets (not just radical Youtube sites).

<snip>

end of rant.
Yeah.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: I can hardly unpack the shit that my own family pots. My daughter tells me I am "denying someone's existence" if I don't think that gender is on a spectrum. This claim is so cosmically stupid that I can barely find the patience to discuss why it is wrong.
Try this:

Daughter: Stop denying Heather's existence!
You: Who's Heather?
Daughter: Duh, my fuck buddy, Heh-THUR-R-R ?!@#%!
You: Never heard of her.
Daughter: Dad, she's standing right here next to us!
You: Sweetie, now you're just being silly -- there's no one here but you and me.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

oops, they're

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Romans had a less refined approach to decimation.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... CKqXqu9f_k

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:

Code: Select all

https://twitter.com/lebassett/status/1088476248513359872?s=21

https://twitter.com/nickpwing/status/1088471255445958656?s=21

https://twitter.com/chloeangyal/status/1088460893443239936?s=21

Code: Select all

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRGYFLSo0JBBVdprVpH9eFjLby1TUhYHUHqB1S6_RCKqXqu9f_k[/img]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

A large part of what is going on is the transition to the "new media".... whatever that is. It is like the wild west. The money follows the clicks... and most people who provide the clicks are just plain old idiots. The funny thing is that fewer people listened to idiots in the traditional media model. Selling a newspaper is so vastly different than collecting Youtube hits. Now, all the idiots in the world provide the same clicks as the well informed "normal" people.

I can hardly unpack the shit that my own family posts. My daughter tells me I am "denying someone's existence" if I don't think that gender is on a spectrum. This claim is so cosmically stupid that I can barely find the patience to discuss why it is wrong. It is so wrong on its face that my college educated daughter should just know it isn't true. We can disagree about the definition of gender...and...this does not mean I am "denying someone's existence." Seriously... how much more hyperbolic can you get. I can't disagree with her without being labeled as some kind of monster.

And the stupid piles up. The young people today tell me that "asexual" is a type of sexual preference. You know... "cis, or bisexual, or pansexual, or asexual." and I'm like... wait.... saying asexual is a type of sexual preference is like saying bald is a hair color. WTF! They make no sense.

Equating a MAGA hat to a KKK hood is so false on its face that it should be dismissed out of hand. But no... this is the claim on major media outlets (not just radical Youtube sites).

And as I reflect more, I come to the realization of something I always secretly suspected. If you get rid of god most people fill it in with some other religion. The religion of communism.... or social justice.... or anti-colonialism.... or environmentalism.... or veganism. I almost wish I had raised my children in the church. It is way more sensible, constructive, and robust than some of the shit they are into now. Very few people are like me.... am I the only one who thinks that the universe is an uncaring godless place... and that our actions and motivations are driven by irrational moral models that run in our subconscious? Seriously, am I one of the few people to figure this out?

end of rant.
Your important service reminder that triggering people in real life can have some serious consequences. But as to clickbait media, here's something to cheer you up;

Huffpo might soon be no mo. So.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

I done bin :nin:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I done bin :nin:
:-) It's happened often enough to me that I generally at least try to read or skim the current page and the previous one ... ;-)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... CKqXqu9f_k
Add to Buzzfeed's layoff of 200+ and it's a pretty good week. It looks like they're reaching the limits of backers who aren't seeing much for their "woke" investments.

Hopefully that chick can continue excoriating a society that enables her to turn a "literal PhD in romantic comedies" into a gig that doesn't involve digging root vegetables.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

But hang on, aren't all women virtuous and on the side of the angels, and it is only the Patriarchy stopping them from bringing in a Golden Age. Smash the Patriarchy and all will be wonderful. It's almost as if women are people too. I am not surprised at their surprise, surprisingly.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

end of rant.
You could get one of these and see who takes you on.

https://rlv.zcache.com.au/krav_maga_hat ... g?rlvnet=1

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Strange that Buzzed Feed and Huffy Poop are struggling financially, cuz their Complete Load of Bullshit business model is working great for Breitbart.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Is it now a crime to like a poem about transgenderism?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/01/i ... Ci4DfBCSw8

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

John D wrote: Very few people are like me.... am I the only one who thinks that the universe is an uncaring godless place... and that our actions and motivations are driven by irrational moral models that run in our subconscious? Seriously, am I one of the few people to figure this out?
No. Then again, the C6 radiculopathy I'm having right now has me quoting Iago: Credo in un Dio crudel che m'ha creato simile a se e che nell'ira Io nomo.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John D wrote: Very few people are like me.... am I the only one who thinks that the universe is an uncaring godless place... and that our actions and motivations are driven by irrational moral models that run in our subconscious? Seriously, am I one of the few people to figure this out?
No. That's pretty much fundamental to the human component of systems dynamics. We hold incomplete/inaccurate (and therefore wrong) mental models of how the world works and how we want it to work, therefore shit happens.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The San Francisco Comedian's Competition is coming to my little hamlet in the foothills. I checked to make sure Beckybooze hadn't somehow finagled a slot. She hadn't, but this guy is pretty funny:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

KiwiInOz wrote:
No. That's pretty much fundamental to the human component of systems dynamics. We hold incomplete/inaccurate (and therefore wrong) mental models of how the world works and how we want it to work, therefore shit happens.
Meant to say - and our decisions are all based on these mental models, therefore shit happens.