You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
TheMudbrooker

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Lsuoma wrote:
Keating wrote: Glad to hear that pitters health problems have been clearing up recently.
Ha, latest news is that now I can say "Yes, propofol," when asked whether I have any adverse reactions to drugs. For each of my prior bum snakes (apart from the first - no sedation) I've had fentanyl and midazolam. This time they turn on the tap with profolol (1,6-bis(2-propyl)phenol) and my blood pressure goes through the fucking floor to bugger-all over fuck-nothing. Straight in with the old IV epinephrine (adrenaline) to stop me flatlining...
On the bright side, if you would have perished your widow could say you died the same way as Michael Jackson.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:04 pm
Actually... almost everything is complete shit with this drawing and whoever did it should be fired immediately
I think it's intentional -- it's one of those puzzle thingies like in Parade Magazine to make stupid people think they're clever.

and ... my wife is playing Rob Thomas music. Fuck... I really hate Rob Thomas music. I was in a good mood earlier tonight but now I want to kill myself. Fuck I hate Rob Thomas.
That's brutal, man.

Here. Crank it:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

TheMudbrooker wrote: On the bright side, if you would have perished your widow could say you died the same way as Michael Jackson.
Looking like Brooke Shields and surrounded by naked boys?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Jeez Matt. Are you going like unfairly target MJ for being a creepy weirdo? Like this guy?

MJ was proven innocent in court. Like OJ.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

This is a savage "take" on Jackson:

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum wrote: This is a savage "take" on Jackson:

Clearly a pedophialophobe or maybe child molesterbaiter. How unfair. He probably says that because he can't stand that a black wo/man can be successful.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Clearly a pedophialophobe or maybe child molesterbaiter.
I believe the preferred nomenclature is "nonce-basher" ;)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote: On the bright side, if you would have perished your widow could say you died the same way as Michael Jackson.
Looking like Brooke Shields and surrounded by naked boys?
Actually, while watching Birdbrain Birdbath Birdbox I realized he sort of looked like Sandra Bullock.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:04 pm
Actually... almost everything is complete shit with this drawing and whoever did it should be fired immediately
I think it's intentional -- it's one of those puzzle thingies like in Parade Magazine to make stupid people think they're clever.

and ... my wife is playing Rob Thomas music. Fuck... I really hate Rob Thomas music. I was in a good mood earlier tonight but now I want to kill myself. Fuck I hate Rob Thomas.
That's brutal, man.

Here. Crank it:

And a little more love for the blues harp...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: “Cultural Christian”. Chew on that.

The contemporary church is, of course, riven by progressive capitulation to minority focused fascism.
At some point you may need to do a review of the views of your Co-Religionists (or is it Co-Culturalists?). If enough of them do not see eye-to-eye with you with respect to the institutions goal to preserve Western (or Anglophone or Australian) culture - then the entire enterprise may not be fit for purpose.

At least have a word with the guy in charge.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Eh, I’m starting to wonder if SocJus is what you get if you remove God from Christianity. Human Rights is a profoundly Christian idea, andmost SocJus ideas are perversions of Christian doctrines. It’s also noteable that many Church communities have also been completely consumed by SocJus.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Maybe that isn’t too surprising. The cultural milieu that early SocJus thinkers arose in where strongly Christian. Combine that with the early feminist movement, and the idea of removing the Patriarch from Christianity would have seemed natural.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote: Eh, I’m starting to wonder if SocJus is what you get if you remove God from Christianity. Human Rights is a profoundly Christian idea, andmost SocJus ideas are perversions of Christian doctrines. It’s also noteable that many Church communities have also been completely consumed by SocJus.
God was never there to begin with. It's just the consequences for saying such a thing out loud were non-trivial. Also, it helps to have a well defined other eg catholics for protestants and vice versa (at least in living memory) to help promote in-group cohesion.

nb I like to think that there is some basis for my point of view (cf the testing involved with cognitive dissonance) - other than just finding a narrative that confirms my biases - but then I would say that wouldn't I.

Things are not what they once were - and most likely will not be again.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Keating wrote: Maybe that isn’t too surprising. The cultural milieu that early SocJus thinkers arose in where strongly Christian. Combine that with the early feminist movement, and the idea of removing the Patriarch from Christianity would have seemed natural.
I've thought this for a while. In rebelling against Christianity, they've just built another, kinder, gentler, Godless Christianity. The Christianity they were raised in, only to their liking. Except, while it may be kinder and gentler, it's not kind and gentle. It's still authoritarian, has original sin, and sin (being on the "wrong side of history" according to them), demands confession and obeisance, and so on and so forth. It has a strict hierarchy of righteousness, has saints and the concept of grace (except "Grace" is a lesbian black woman).

You'd think that they might come up with a completely new paradigm for the humanly possible. Instead they came up with this insipid version of copycat Christianity.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:
Keating wrote: Maybe that isn’t too surprising. The cultural milieu that early SocJus thinkers arose in where strongly Christian. Combine that with the early feminist movement, and the idea of removing the Patriarch from Christianity would have seemed natural.
I've thought this for a while. In rebelling against Christianity, they've just built another, kinder, gentler, Godless Christianity. The Christianity they were raised in, only to their liking. Except, while it may be kinder and gentler, it's not kind and gentle. It's still authoritarian, has original sin, and sin (being on the "wrong side of history" according to them), demands confession and obeisance, and so on and so forth. It has a strict hierarchy of righteousness, has saints and the concept of grace (except "Grace" is a lesbian black woman).

You'd think that they might come up with a completely new paradigm for the humanly possible. Instead they came up with this insipid version of copycat Christianity.
As someone who is NOT a "cultural Christian", I'd say that this all looks very baffling at times, especially the part about original sin/privilege. There's no such thing in islam. In islam you're judged according to your beliefs and actions. Granted, they are shitty beliefs and horrible actions, and the guilt for "not being good enough" is always there to be exploited by various imams, but there's no such thing about the idea that people are flawed from birth and carry forth the guilt of their ancestors.

Indeed the islamic belief is that everyone is born righteous, "islamic" in the sense of being in a communion with Allah, and then it's the world that corrupts you, but you can "revert" to your original islamic state pretty much at any time. Granted, it's all bullshit, but I'm really fascinated to understand how these beliefs might influence one's attitude towards reality. Certainly the "white guilt" in SJW circles seems related to the focus on human imperfect and sinful nature due to the flaws of the ancestors which is typical of many Christian denominations.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Things are not what they once were - and most likely will not be again.
Have you been spying on me in the shower?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: “Cultural Christian”. Chew on that.

The contemporary church is, of course, riven by progressive capitulation to minority focused fascism.
At some point you may need to do a review of the views of your Co-Religionists (or is it Co-Culturalists?). If enough of them do not see eye-to-eye with you with respect to the institutions goal to preserve Western (or Anglophone or Australian) culture - then the entire enterprise may not be fit for purpose.

At least have a word with the guy in charge.
After my St Andrews Christmas Eve fiasco (with the besuited ex-Hindu, refugee apologist) you may just be right.

I prefer high church CofE. Three hymns. Two psalms. Traditional prayer service. An incomprehensible, but amiable, sermon with just the barest threat of damnation. Time to read the wall plaques commemorating the glorious fallen. Handshakes at the door. Tea and sandwiches in the hall, artfully dodged. And home in time to turn the roast off. Obviously no contemporary music and absolutely no applause for any extraordinary organist / choir ‘performance’.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirb, original sin might equate to white guilt except it was offset by the sacrifice of the holy lamb on the cross. Redemption is yours for the taking.

There is no get out of jail card in the SJW world.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote: Kirb, original sin might equate to white guilt except it was offset by the sacrifice of the holy lamb on the cross. Redemption is yours for the taking.

Well, there's always suicide, or cutting your nuts off.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Kirb, original sin might equate to white guilt except it was offset by the sacrifice of the holy lamb on the cross. Redemption is yours for the taking.

Oh, I'm not saying that the SJW beliefs are one and the same with Christianity, just that there might be some influences I didn't think about, not being born or having being raised in a Christian family, which is why I find them baffling.

If anything the SocJus seems to be more similar to Calvinist predestination than to the Catholic mindset (which is more familiar to me since I live in an area with many Catholics and few Protestants). Weber's work on Calvinism and capitalism springs to mind.

Calvinist beliefs are all about telling apart those saved by divine grace from the reprobates, and those saved are showed to be "born again" ("woke"?) in their lives.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Malleus Maleficarum is being consulted for KAK.
Protesters gathered outside Network 10's offices in Pyrmont on Tuesday morning to demand the broadcaster sack Studio 10 presenter Kerri-Anne Kennerley.

The TV veteran was labelled a "racist" by fellow panellist Yumi Stynes on Monday's episode, and further criticised by activists and online viewers, after suggesting Saturday's Invasion Day protesters had done nothing to support Australia's Indigenous communities in "the outback where children, where babies and five-year-olds are being raped".

On Tuesday, around 30 protesters – holding posters and banners with slogans including "KAK is racist" and "Kerri-Anne KKKennerley" – called on 10 to sack the Logie Hall of Famer.

"F--- Kerri-Anne, f--- her racist views and anyone that supports them," one speaker told the rally.
Meanwhile in the real world
https://thewest.com.au/news/reality-of- ... -ya-103684
In the past few days I have seen images of people trying to save whales at Bunbury and dolphins in the Serpentine River, to get them back to a place where they can survive and thrive. It’s a pity we are not all showing the same resolve for children in our remote communities.

Karl O’Callaghan is WA Police Commissioner
Naturally the rapes are the fault of the Govt.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-22/ ... se/9473002

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Oh, I'm not saying that the SJW beliefs are one and the same with Christianity, just that there might be some influences I didn't think about, not being born or having being raised in a Christian family, which is why I find them baffling.

If anything the SocJus seems to be more similar to Calvinist predestination than to the Catholic mindset (which is more familiar to me since I live in an area with many Catholics and few Protestants). Weber's work on Calvinism and capitalism springs to mind.

Calvinist beliefs are all about telling apart those saved by divine grace from the reprobates, and those saved are showed to be "born again" ("woke"?) in their lives.
There is one true church and it’s neither Popish nor Tulip Protestant. Henry VIII was unintentionally spot-on with his ‘kinda reformed church’. Everyone else is heretic.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote: There is one true church and it’s neither Popish nor Tulip Protestant. Henry VIII was unintentionally spot-on with his ‘kinda reformed church’. Everyone else is heretic.
It's all rather moot - when Dread Lord Cthulhu awakens, oblivion (after digestion) shall claim us all...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:47 am
Kirbmarc wrote:

There is one true church and it’s neither Popish nor Tulip Protestant. Henry VIII was unintentionally spot-on with his ‘kinda reformed church’. Everyone else is heretic.
I'm pretty sure all other Christian denominations think the same of the others :lol:

Religion is incredibly funny when you look at it rationally. Its influences on society, not so much, although they are fascinating to study.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thank god we have the Palestinian-Egyptian-Australian perspective on the witch.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Bhurzum wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: There is one true church and it’s neither Popish nor Tulip Protestant. Henry VIII was unintentionally spot-on with his ‘kinda reformed church’. Everyone else is heretic.
It's all rather moot - when Dread Lord Cthulhu awakens, oblivion (after digestion) shall claim us all...
He's currently busy trying to destroy the foundations of another universe.

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Hello ... 224552.gif

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: Thank god we have the Palestinian-Egyptian-Australian perspective on the witch.

http://i.imgur.com/oo3r0g6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3bm0bOP.jpg

;)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote: The shadows on the toilet are opposite the shadow on the shower curtain. In fact the shadows are all complete shit...
Bit like the moon landings then ;)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote: Thank god we have the Palestinian-Egyptian-Australian perspective on the witch.

I'm trying to imagine a remake of Welcome to Woop Woop complete with SJWs correcting the wrongthink of the denizens.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote:
Inti Illimani were exiled from Chile and I came across them in the early seventies doing concerts in London. It may all be Marxist revolutionary nonsense, but it is charming nonetheless:

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote: The Malleus Maleficarum is being consulted for KAK.
Protesters gathered outside Network 10's offices in Pyrmont on Tuesday morning to demand the broadcaster sack Studio 10 presenter Kerri-Anne Kennerley.

The TV veteran was labelled a "racist" by fellow panellist Yumi Stynes on Monday's episode, and further criticised by activists and online viewers, after suggesting Saturday's Invasion Day protesters had done nothing to support Australia's Indigenous communities in "the outback where children, where babies and five-year-olds are being raped".

On Tuesday, around 30 protesters – holding posters and banners with slogans including "KAK is racist" and "Kerri-Anne KKKennerley" – called on 10 to sack the Logie Hall of Famer.

"F--- Kerri-Anne, f--- her racist views and anyone that supports them," one speaker told the rally.
Meanwhile in the real world
https://thewest.com.au/news/reality-of- ... -ya-103684
In the past few days I have seen images of people trying to save whales at Bunbury and dolphins in the Serpentine River, to get them back to a place where they can survive and thrive. It’s a pity we are not all showing the same resolve for children in our remote communities.

Karl O’Callaghan is WA Police Commissioner
Naturally the rapes are the fault of the Govt.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-22/ ... se/9473002
White man's burden!

John D

Post by John D »

One way to view the history of progressivism in the US is through a liberal Christian lens. I think early adopters of progressive and socialist ideas in the US where driven by two main forces; one was to counter the popularity of communism, and one was out of a sense of Christian charity.

Communism was a real threat in the US during the depression. Many leftist elites and working poor thought the depression was proving that capitalism didn't work. So, the rich elites did what they could to buy people off. Some funding for welfare through government programs combined with strong arm tactics against communist groups kept out the threat of a strong communist movement in the US.

Wealthy and powerful people with a generous view of the world also pushed forward progressive politics because they felt it was a way to do their Christian duty. I am no expert on this, but I think there are two ways the rich looked at progressive ideas. Some rich didn't want to government to grow, but donated vast amounts of their own money (such as Rockefeller). Other wealthy Americans pushed for a kind of communism light in order to help the poor. I think that a survey of early progressives would show that they were part of mainline protestant churches... Presbyterians, Methodists, Congregationalists (basically... the churches most rich people attended). I would say that Catholics and Baptists were not early promoters of progressive ideas.

Many of my relatives are very Christian, but also dedicated to progressive government. They go crazy over the idea of a wall (because of the children), they go crazy over the exaggerated human trafficking issues (because of the children and women), they go crazy about racism of the cops (even when this is not the big problem with cops - because of the black people). It is all about making the government bigger in order to fulfill our Christian duty in the world. No Libertarians in this lot.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
And a little more love for the blues harp...
Magic Dick!!!! Haha.

What I hate about Rob Thomas is the was they flatten every song. Some of the individual performances are good and he is an accomplished singer... but... every song has so much compression it loses any sense of individual character. Every song sounds like a movie background. It is so formulaic that it is mind numbing.... really horrible.

Will people look back at Rob Thomas in 30 years and even care about his music? Certainly not.... but Whammer Jammer by Magic Dick.... people will find this song in 100 years and smile!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Speaking of music and atheists in church -- I dreamt last night I was somehow helping a church audition its new organist. They were all very weird and none of them knew any hymns. One knew no songs at all, only improved jazz. So I told the church to screw it and just sing themselves. Then I led the congregation in a rousing rendition of the only hymn I knew

Mookie

Post by Mookie »

Ruh roh Alt-Right nazi lesbian fake-feminist closet Trump supporters at it again! This is a job for PZ's minions!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

You know what NZ is full of? Fuck all, that's what NZ is full of:

https://www.andrewdc.co.nz/project/nobo ... w-zealand/

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Keating wrote: Glad to hear that pitters health problems have been clearing up recently.
Ha, latest news is that now I can say "Yes, propofol," when asked whether I have any adverse reactions to drugs. For each of my prior bum snakes (apart from the first - no sedation) I've had fentanyl and midazolam. This time they turn on the tap with profolol (1,6-bis(2-propyl)phenol) and my blood pressure goes through the fucking floor to bugger-all over fuck-nothing. Straight in with the old IV epinephrine (adrenaline) to stop me flatlining...
On the bright side, if you would have perished your widow could say you died the same way as Michael Jackson.
With multiple allegations of pedophilia against his name?

:lol:

Recovery from surgery is going well, physically. Surprisingly so, considering the scale of the op. Minimal pain meds required, which is good news for the free flow of goods within the colonic trade corridor.

Please keep Pitting, you adorable cunts.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Minimal pain meds required, which is good news for the free flow of goods within the colonic trade corridor.
Free flow? Sounds like you've burst your draw-cord!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: I prefer high church CofE. Three hymns. Two psalms. Traditional prayer service. An incomprehensible, but amiable, sermon with just the barest threat of damnation. Time to read the wall plaques commemorating the glorious fallen. Handshakes at the door. Tea and sandwiches in the hall, artfully dodged. And home in time to turn the roast off. Obviously no contemporary music and absolutely no applause for any extraordinary organist / choir ‘performance’.
Not really my sort of thing.

In fact these are just the set of circumstances that could lead to a fête worse than death.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: You know what NZ is full of? Fuck all, that's what NZ is full of:

https://www.andrewdc.co.nz/project/nobo ... w-zealand/
That's a feature, not a bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMnLoOnrwbg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I prefer high church CofE. Three hymns. Two psalms. Traditional prayer service. An incomprehensible, but amiable, sermon with just the barest threat of damnation. Time to read the wall plaques commemorating the glorious fallen. Handshakes at the door. Tea and sandwiches in the hall, artfully dodged. And home in time to turn the roast off. Obviously no contemporary music and absolutely no applause for any extraordinary organist / choir ‘performance’.
Not really my sort of thing.

In fact these are just the set of circumstances that could lead to a fête worse than death.
Oh dear, is the poor coconut shie?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bing Crosby and the scours. The Pit never ceases to amaze.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

SM1957 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:56 pm
MSN is furious that sacred statues of Cilla Black have been defaced with words suggesting that Cilla Black was a woman.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/a ... monuments/
The gals in the "adult human female" T-shirts have been busy:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1089847809761857536

Good for them - may their "tribe" increase. Even if some of them are reluctant to consider the definition for "female" and what its implications are ...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Katie Hopkins tells a fat Fin a few home truths.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The witch burning of KAK has hit a wall of water.

Yumi, who passes herssel off as a POC, (on the basis of Japanese mother and 5th gen Aussie father) has fled the battlefield leafing bragging rights to her racist foe.
Yumi Stynes has said she refused to appear on Studio 10 yesterday, after her fiery clash with Kerri-Anne Kennerley, as it “would have been walking into a trap”.

“I was all set to go in, and then (on Monday) night I was just reflecting on the people they had booked to come and talk, most of whom were quite right wing, and I just felt like I would have been, by going along to that, I would have been walking into a trap,” Stynes said on her KIIS FM show The 3pm Pick Up yesterday afternoon.
“Run away, run away”

KAK is trad-oz gold (meaning 1980s era commonsense)

:lol: :lol:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/t ... 293361dbf7

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Man, that’s some random glass keyboarding shit! ‘pologies.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:52 am
Hunt wrote:

As someone who is NOT a "cultural Christian", I'd say that this all looks very baffling at times, especially the part about original sin/privilege. There's no such thing in islam. In islam you're judged according to your beliefs and actions. Granted, they are shitty beliefs and horrible actions, and the guilt for "not being good enough" is always there to be exploited by various imams, but there's no such thing about the idea that people are flawed from birth and carry forth the guilt of their ancestors.

Indeed the islamic belief is that everyone is born righteous, "islamic" in the sense of being in a communion with Allah, and then it's the world that corrupts you, but you can "revert" to your original islamic state pretty much at any time. Granted, it's all bullshit, but I'm really fascinated to understand how these beliefs might influence one's attitude towards reality. Certainly the "white guilt" in SJW circles seems related to the focus on human imperfect and sinful nature due to the flaws of the ancestors which is typical of many Christian denominations.
Taoism Shit happens.
Confucianism Confucius say, "Shit happens."
Buddhism If shit happens, it isn't really shit.
Zen Buddhism What is the sound of shit happening?
Hinduism This shit happened before.
Mormonism This shit is going to happen again.
Islam If shit happens, it is the Will of Allah.
Stoicism This shit is its own reward.
Protestantism Let this shit happen to someone else.
Calvinism Shit happens because you don't work hard enough.
Pentecostalism In Jesus' name, heal this shit!
Catholicism Shit happens because you deserve it.
Judaism Why does this shit always happen to us?
Zoroastrianism Shit happens half the time.
Marxism This shit is going to hit the fan.
Atheism No shit.
Seventh Day Adventist No shit on Saturdays.
Existentialism Absurd shit.
Agnosticism What is this shit?
Nihilism Who gives a shit?
Deconstruction Shit happens in hegemonic meta-narratives.
Christian Science Shit is in your mind.
Moonies Only happy shit really happens.
Jehovah's Witnesses Knock, Knock, shit happens.
Scientology Shit happens on page 152 of Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard
Hare Krishna Shit happens, Rama Rama.
Hedonism There's nothing like a good shit happening.
Rastafarianism Let's smoke this shit.

free thoughtpolice

Shem the Penman thinks that anyone that criticizes islam is a bigot.

abear Shem the Penman • a day ago
I didn't say that people that wanted to allow halal and kosher slaughter condones child rape. You are not characterizing my statement fairly.
I am against any religion, christianity, islam, scientology, and others to get special dispensation from the law. I assume everyone here wants to "impose their will" on muslims as far as human rights go, such as child marriage and slavery. I go further and say they need to obey other laws as well, including laws on animal cruelty.

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
Shem the Penman Mod abear • 9 hours ago
I don't know how much more clearly I can state that I don't buy, not for a minute, that your opposition to halal slaughter derives from a sincere commitment to animal rights and not from anti-Muslim bias. You've implied that Muslims are savages who take pleasure in animal cruelty as well as child rape:

Muslims, or at least many muslims also view polygamy, the virtual ownership of girls and women, the ability to marry and have sex with girls as young as 9 years old , and other things that are unacceptable in western countries as important principles in their religion. If not giving muslims or other religious groups special dispensations to ignore those laws is islamophobic then I am an islamophobe.
I wasn't born yesterday.

•Reply•Share ›
abear Shem the Penman • 3 hours ago
You have your mind made up and apparently think that anyone that disagrees with you on this topic is some kind of bigot. I am in favor of laws that limit unnecessary cruelty and I am also against giving people permission for people to ignore the laws of the land because of their religious affiliation. The christian new testament endorses slavery and command slaves obey their masters. When slavery was outlawed law took precedent over religion. In islam, it is haram to buy insurance according to most conservative scholars. If muslims live in a country that mandates they have insurance to drive a car then they must obey that law.
According to islamic law (sharia) a woman's testimony is worth only half that of a mans. The laws where I live say a woman's testimony is equal to that of a man's regardless of their religion and I say that is the way it should be.
You believe I implied that muslims are savages that enjoy child rape and cruelty. What I really said is that these are tenets of islam, and unless you are ignorant of the facts or dishonest then you have to agree with that. I doubt that many muslims enjoy the cruelty involved in halal slaughter, many if not most do not do the slaughter themselves. The problem is a regressive backward religion that commands people endorse this inhumane practice regardless of their personal feelings. I for one don't want this religion or any other one for that matter to take precedent over our law..

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
Shem the Penman Mod abear • 2 hours ago
You have your mind made up and apparently think that anyone that disagrees with you on this topic is some kind of bigot.
Um, no, I just think that anyone who repeatedly makes bigoted comments about Muslims is some kind of bigot.

•Reply•Share ›
abear Shem the Penman • a few seconds ago
Hold on, this is waiting to be approved by Driven to Abstraction.
Bigoted comments like describing practices that are regarded as sunnah, particularly in the more conservative muslim communities?
That is just describing what many muslims believe and practice. Have I said anything false about islam?
I guess you think that if I described scientologist beliefs accurately you would think I'm a bigot too?

•Edit•Share ›
Any ex-muslims or people from muslim backgrounds here that want to be called a bigot want to join in the fun? That's a hint Kirb.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/driventoa ... -semitism/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: KAK is trad-oz gold (meaning 1980s era commonsense)
It's all quite a song-and-dance. But somehow I feel there is something missing from your reportage on the illustrious Ms K.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Minimal pain meds required, which is good news for the free flow of goods within the colonic trade corridor.
Free flow? Sounds like you've burst your draw-cord!
Brexit will put a stop to that free flow.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: KAK is trad-oz gold (meaning 1980s era commonsense)
It's all quite a song-and-dance. But somehow I feel there is something missing from your reportage on the illustrious Ms K.
It’s possible.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

High School Students Disqualified From Debate After Quoting Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson

Layton High School senior Michael Moreno and his debate partner, whom The Daily Wire will not name, were participating in a round with a topic relating to immigration. The specific topic of the round was “Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reduce restrictions on legal immigration.” Moreno and his partner were arguing in the negative, meaning they were arguing against the other team’s plan to reduce restrictions on legal immigration.

Instead of arguing in the affirmative, Moreno told The Daily Wire, the other team read a “slam poem” about how terms like “legal” and “illegal” are dehumanizing. ....

Moreno and his partner responded by arguing the other team did not actually articulate a position. The structure of this debate allowed for the affirmative to propose a plan and then have the negative argue against that plan. Since the other team did not propose solutions to reduce restrictions on legal immigration, Moreno said, his team had nothing to argue against and claimed this was unfair.

“We argue that this is bad for debate as it's unfair to us, that we came here as the negative to argue against substantially reducing restrictions on legal immigration, not their slam poem,” Moreno said.

The other team, during the cross-examination section of the debate, said Moreno and his partner could not talk about fairness because they were “white males.” Moreno said he then speed-read through quotes from Shapiro and Peterson pertaining to identity politics. He specifically cited comments Shapiro made at the University of Connecticut on January 24, 2018, where he said: ‘Evil things are still evil even if I’m a white well-off religious man and good things are still good even if I’m a white well-off religious man …. My identity has nothing to do with what is right or wrong.”

Moreno also quoted Peterson saying, “It goes along with this idea of class guilt; Because your group membership is the most important thing, if your group at some point in the past did something reprehensible – which of course every group has done – then you’re de facto responsible for that.”

At this point, Moreno began recording the debate, and posted the video to YouTube with the faces of the other debaters blurred. The judge ended the round [before it was over according to standard rules of the contest] after Moreno’s quotes from Shapiro and Peterson, as the other team continued to affirm that they had no standing as “white males.”

The judge, who before the round told each team not to be racist, claimed Moreno and his partner’s “evidence” and “saying things like ‘your identity doesn’t matter'” were actually racist. The judge then joined the opposing team in claiming it was Moreno and his partner who turned the debate into a discussion of “identity politics” and claimed Shapiro and Peterson are “racists.”

After another 10 minutes of this kind of back and forth, the judge said Moreno and his partner lost the round.

Moreno then spoke to the tournament directors, who both work for Arizona State University (The Daily Wire will not name them as they did not respond to a request for comment). These two affirmed that the team has a “legitimate gripe” over their treatment, but that Moreno and his partner were there to debate for that particular judge, and their arguments failed to persuade him, whether he was impartial or not.

“I think you are totally right that [the judge] overstepped a little bit by stopping the debate and deciding, but I also think it’s incredibly obvious that – regardless of how many ways you try to couch this argument in front of that judge – the bar for the other team to respond to it was going to be so low that the argumentative content that you chose, the strategy that you chose, for that judge and for his stated philosophy, was a poor choice on your part,” one of the directors tells Moreno in the video.

Neither of the directors responded to a Daily Wire inquiry about what is going on in the debate community that allows one side to just yell “racism” and end the debate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42751/hi ... ashe-schow

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Taoism Shit happens.
Confucianism Confucius say, "Shit happens."
Buddhism If shit happens, it isn't really shit.
Zen Buddhism What is the sound of shit happening?
Hinduism This shit happened before.
Mormonism This shit is going to happen again.
Islam If shit happens, it is the Will of Allah.
Stoicism This shit is its own reward.
Protestantism Let this shit happen to someone else.
Calvinism Shit happens because you don't work hard enough.
Pentecostalism In Jesus' name, heal this shit!
Catholicism Shit happens because you deserve it.
Judaism Why does this shit always happen to us?
Zoroastrianism Shit happens half the time.
Marxism This shit is going to hit the fan.
Atheism No shit.
Seventh Day Adventist No shit on Saturdays.
Existentialism Absurd shit.
Agnosticism What is this shit?
Nihilism Who gives a shit?
Deconstruction Shit happens in hegemonic meta-narratives.
Christian Science Shit is in your mind.
Moonies Only happy shit really happens.
Jehovah's Witnesses Knock, Knock, shit happens.
Scientology Shit happens on page 152 of Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard
Hare Krishna Shit happens, Rama Rama.
Hedonism There's nothing like a good shit happening.
Rastafarianism Let's smoke this shit.
SJWism S/h/it is offended. :lol:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I've just read about the furor over the Parthenon marbles and can see what the issue is, having just seen a picture of them. They aren't marbles!! Beware of Greeks bearing gifts indeed.

https://i.etsystatic.com/7116712/d/il/7 ... ?version=0

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
High School Students Disqualified From Debate After Quoting Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson

Layton High School senior Michael Moreno and his debate partner, whom The Daily Wire will not name, were participating in a round with a topic relating to immigration. The specific topic of the round was “Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reduce restrictions on legal immigration.” Moreno and his partner were arguing in the negative, meaning they were arguing against the other team’s plan to reduce restrictions on legal immigration.

Instead of arguing in the affirmative, Moreno told The Daily Wire, the other team read a “slam poem” about how terms like “legal” and “illegal” are dehumanizing. ....

Moreno and his partner responded by arguing the other team did not actually articulate a position. The structure of this debate allowed for the affirmative to propose a plan and then have the negative argue against that plan. Since the other team did not propose solutions to reduce restrictions on legal immigration, Moreno said, his team had nothing to argue against and claimed this was unfair.

“We argue that this is bad for debate as it's unfair to us, that we came here as the negative to argue against substantially reducing restrictions on legal immigration, not their slam poem,” Moreno said.

The other team, during the cross-examination section of the debate, said Moreno and his partner could not talk about fairness because they were “white males.” Moreno said he then speed-read through quotes from Shapiro and Peterson pertaining to identity politics. He specifically cited comments Shapiro made at the University of Connecticut on January 24, 2018, where he said: ‘Evil things are still evil even if I’m a white well-off religious man and good things are still good even if I’m a white well-off religious man …. My identity has nothing to do with what is right or wrong.”

Moreno also quoted Peterson saying, “It goes along with this idea of class guilt; Because your group membership is the most important thing, if your group at some point in the past did something reprehensible – which of course every group has done – then you’re de facto responsible for that.”

At this point, Moreno began recording the debate, and posted the video to YouTube with the faces of the other debaters blurred. The judge ended the round [before it was over according to standard rules of the contest] after Moreno’s quotes from Shapiro and Peterson, as the other team continued to affirm that they had no standing as “white males.”

The judge, who before the round told each team not to be racist, claimed Moreno and his partner’s “evidence” and “saying things like ‘your identity doesn’t matter'” were actually racist. The judge then joined the opposing team in claiming it was Moreno and his partner who turned the debate into a discussion of “identity politics” and claimed Shapiro and Peterson are “racists.”

After another 10 minutes of this kind of back and forth, the judge said Moreno and his partner lost the round.

Moreno then spoke to the tournament directors, who both work for Arizona State University (The Daily Wire will not name them as they did not respond to a request for comment). These two affirmed that the team has a “legitimate gripe” over their treatment, but that Moreno and his partner were there to debate for that particular judge, and their arguments failed to persuade him, whether he was impartial or not.

“I think you are totally right that [the judge] overstepped a little bit by stopping the debate and deciding, but I also think it’s incredibly obvious that – regardless of how many ways you try to couch this argument in front of that judge – the bar for the other team to respond to it was going to be so low that the argumentative content that you chose, the strategy that you chose, for that judge and for his stated philosophy, was a poor choice on your part,” one of the directors tells Moreno in the video.

Neither of the directors responded to a Daily Wire inquiry about what is going on in the debate community that allows one side to just yell “racism” and end the debate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42751/hi ... ashe-schow
The current high school debating circuit in the US is a complete joke. It was created expressly to support POC students from shithole schools. Speed reciting, slam poetry, chimp-out antics, ad hominem, etc. are all encouraged and rewarded. Respectable schools should refuse to participate or start their own league. But sometimes, you need to smell the pus up close to recognize how bad the infection is.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Would it be fair to say that our Dear Leader has been decolonized?

free thoughtpolice

KiwiInOz wrote: I've just read about the furor over the Parthenon marbles and can see what the issue is, having just seen a picture of them. They aren't marbles!! Beware of Greeks bearing gifts indeed.

https://i.etsystatic.com/7116712/d/il/7 ... ?version=0
Not trying to pick a fight, but if these were authentic Greek there should be small penises and buttfucking.
I don't see that. :hand: