You is all a bunch of poofs!

Pitchguest
.
.
Posts: 3828
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2821

Post by Pitchguest » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:41 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: I've had a few chuckles seeing just how much New Zealand is bending over backwards to cater to Muslims in the wake of the tragedy.

The prime minister, as the constable, even wore a shawl in "solidarity." They might as well make the whole country Muslim and invoke Sharia - that would really solidify their relationship!

To be fair, NZ would do it for any community that had been targeted in such a way. We are good like that. It's the CoE-style of a secular society - people will go back to living their lives after a nice cup of tea (until the next local or international barbarity ruffles the surface).
New Zealand as I see it are showing their strength by the classy, generous behavior they are showing to the victims of this horrible crime. That attitude will encourage the muslim minority to blend with the larger community more effectively then a less generous and welcoming approach that would lead to their community being more isolated and resentful.
Sure. I just don't see why classy and generous behaviour means you feel obligated to don a symbol of oppression to millions of religious adherents just so you could show a bit of virtue.

It reeks of desperation.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2822

Post by Lsuoma » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Pitchguest wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: I've had a few chuckles seeing just how much New Zealand is bending over backwards to cater to Muslims in the wake of the tragedy.

The prime minister, as the constable, even wore a shawl in "solidarity." They might as well make the whole country Muslim and invoke Sharia - that would really solidify their relationship!

To be fair, NZ would do it for any community that had been targeted in such a way. We are good like that. It's the CoE-style of a secular society - people will go back to living their lives after a nice cup of tea (until the next local or international barbarity ruffles the surface).
New Zealand as I see it are showing their strength by the classy, generous behavior they are showing to the victims of this horrible crime. That attitude will encourage the muslim minority to blend with the larger community more effectively then a less generous and welcoming approach that would lead to their community being more isolated and resentful.
Sure. I just don't see why classy and generous behaviour means you feel obligated to don a symbol of oppression to millions of religious adherents just so you could show a bit of virtue.

It reeks of desperation pandering.
FTFY.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10620
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2823

Post by Lsuoma » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:51 pm

That response from FTP reeks of bend-over-and-take-it-up-the-council, BTW.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2824

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:39 pm

I prefer the old FTP. This new one creeps me out.


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2826

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 pm


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2827

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Not a bad effort for a song with no discernnable tune or melody.

And now that O’Connor has been lost to the creeping madness ....


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2828

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:22 pm

I wonder why they didn’t get Hayley Westrena to sing the call to prayer?

Oh yeah. That whole Muslim women thingie.




Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2829

Post by Steersman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:23 pm

Lsuoma wrote: That response from FTP reeks of bend-over-and-take-it-up-the-council, BTW.
Kind of think that his "encourage the muslim minority to blend with the larger community" - given the manifest unlikelihood of that ever happening - has to be seen as some pretty pointed sarcasm.

Others, particularly those not from Canuckistan, may "experience that differently" ...

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth
Posts: 1404
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:54 am
Location: Blue
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2830

Post by HunnyBunny » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Embarrassed to be a New Zealander today. Watched BBC coverage of the ceremony thingy, camera pans of a sea of....men. While the women are segregated and invisible at the back, in their burkas & scarves. Holy fuck, how can these people not understand it is possible to empathise and show solidarity without looking like a bunch of medieval twats & promoting a backwards ideology.

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2831

Post by SM1957 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:46 pm

New Zealand bans sales of Jordan Peterson books in response to Christchurch.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2832

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:06 am

HunnyBunny wrote: Embarrassed to be a New Zealander today. Watched BBC coverage of the ceremony thingy, camera pans of a sea of....men. While the women are segregated and invisible at the back, in their burkas & scarves. Holy fuck, how can these people not understand it is possible to empathise and show solidarity without looking like a bunch of medieval twats & promoting a backwards ideology.
Women are expected to sit in the back, and not speak at a marae (a tribal meeting, the NZ equivalent of a pow-wow, for those not in the know). Happens quite a bit as politicians have been signalling their 'wokeness' to their constituencies even before 'wokeness' was a thing.

Caused quite a bit of con-TRO-versy or con-TROV-ersy (I forget how to pronounce it - E-ther or i-ther will do) back in the day when Helen Clark was PM. (I think she can be included in the general category of women).

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2833

Post by shoutinghorse » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:09 am

I find this pandering and submission (ironically) to Islam in NZ right now to be frightening if I'm honest. Not taking away any sympathy for the victims of last weeks shooting but the complete overreaction by kiwis is astoundingly stupid IMO and I very much doubt this would have played out for any other demographic. Would Ardern have donned traditional Maori attire and rubbed noses with religious leaders if this had happened to them? Maybe but I doubt she would have been such a sickly sweet virtue signaller and would anyone be facing 14 years in prison if they'd shared the footage of it online? Lets be honest here, if this had been a church the story would be chip paper by now.
You may well have a reasonably placid Islamic community in New Zealand at the moment after all they make up just 1.2% of the population (wiki) but wait till it becomes 4% + and they become a protected species. Appease Islam at your peril, have you learn thing not from Europe?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth
Posts: 1404
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:54 am
Location: Blue
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2834

Post by HunnyBunny » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:34 am

MarcusAu wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote: Embarrassed to be a New Zealander today. Watched BBC coverage of the ceremony thingy, camera pans of a sea of....men. While the women are segregated and invisible at the back, in their burkas & scarves. Holy fuck, how can these people not understand it is possible to empathise and show solidarity without looking like a bunch of medieval twats & promoting a backwards ideology.
Women are expected to sit in the back, and not speak at a marae (a tribal meeting, the NZ equivalent of a pow-wow, for those not in the know). Happens quite a bit as politicians have been signalling their 'wokeness' to their constituencies even before 'wokeness' was a thing.

Caused quite a bit of con-TRO-versy or con-TROV-ersy (I forget how to pronounce it - E-ther or i-ther will do) back in the day when Helen Clark was PM. (I think she can be included in the general category of women).
Yep, and in the mid-90s when I went back to uni at Waikato for a spell, we complained about the treatment of women on the campus marae. It was the beginnings of wokeness culture and we got told to fuck off, women were respected in different ways and the problem was ours for not decentering our cultural experience blah blah blah. That different sort of respect is why domestic violence is at an all-time high in NZ I expect.

It's the smugness of it all that gets me, it's always been a thing in kiwiland, but it's reached epidemic proportions this last week.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2835

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:38 am

I had a worked with a guy in NZ who was a muslim.

Lost contact with him after I left but there was a facebook update (back when I was still on it) - that he had changed quite a bit. Never spoke much after the transition.

So don't ask me to make sense of any of this.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2836

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:54 am

Brive1987 wrote: Not a bad effort for a song with no discernnable tune or melody.
Blame that on Prince, not Shinehead.

FTR, I think it's a great song.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2837

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:23 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Not a bad effort for a song with no discernnable tune or melody.
Blame that on Prince, not Shinehead.

FTR, I think it's a great song.
FTR so do I. Which is why I shared.

It’s lack of melody is part of its charm. And 1990 was a good year.

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2838

Post by SM1957 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:09 am

Cultural appropriation *and* stereotyping Muslims?

Just how white supremacist can Kiwis get?

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1335
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2839

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:17 am

Pitchguest wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 pm
I've had a few chuckles seeing just how much New Zealand is bending over backwards to cater to Muslims in the wake of the tragedy.

The prime minister, as the constable, even wore a shawl in "solidarity." They might as well make the whole country Muslim and invoke Sharia - that would really solidify their relationship!
I know, it's vomit inducing in some ways. It's very important that nobody overreacts after an Islamist attack, not all muslims and all that. Now it's all people everywhere politically right of Owen Jones. The poor muslims must be protected against the nasty white man. Those whites can't restrain themselves from going on a killing spree upon hearing a whiff of anti-globalist rhetoric. Not that I would begrudge innocent Muslims the sympathy or solidarity of fellow citizens. It's the stark hypocrisy of it all.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1335
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2840

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:29 am

SM1957 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:46 pm
New Zealand bans sales of Jordan Peterson books in response to Christchurch.
They are being very, very stupid. You'd think they were trying to encourage more attacks. There is no better way to inflame violent extremists than to cut of all means of public expression of their views and the views of moderates who criticise the things that they object to.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2841

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:00 am

It’s like a kink of some sort.


MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2842

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:15 am

Is the snood making a comeback?

Or is this a flashback to the 70's when it seemed like all ladies of a certain age were wearing headscarves?

scarf.jpg
(119.47 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Though largely

I agree with George Carline on the issue of compulsory modes of dress...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkkko4vlBs

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2843

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:18 am

On spelling, paragraph format, and punctuation in general - I'm off in unexplored (and perhaps heretical territory).

nb where should I stick my Oxford comma?

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3059
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2844

Post by Hunt » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:19 am

Brive1987 wrote: It’s like a kink of some sort.

I hate to say it, but the very first thing that jumps to my mind when I see a woman in Islamic garb is whether her clitoris is intact.
I realize that to some this is one of those shocking admissions, utterance of which merits some type of indictment. Sort of like the revelation that Liam Neeson went on an unsuccessful killing spree after his sister was raped. They're candid, inconsequential (free) expressions, but they should be dealt with. I think they're the cornerstone of progress.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1335
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2845

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:28 am

I don't know if this is well known. It's new to me though. Seems those Justice Democrat types are more dangerous and sneakier than they appear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-3_FGyhg4k

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4546
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2846

Post by Service Dog » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:04 am

Keating wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:32 pm
Still available, from the same New Zealand bookstore...

https://i.imgur.com/6NYFPdb.png

If there's one group of people too dangerous to be trusted with the Koran, surely it's Dummies.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2847

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:39 am

It's Amazon amazing that anyone still uses Whitcoulls.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6787
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2848

Post by Tigzy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:49 am

Pitchguest wrote: Is it? The killer isn't a white supremacist. He isn't even a white nationalist. Not really. If he is, genuinely, a card carrying member, he might have mentioned Richard Spencer, or David Duke, in his manifesto; the usual suspects. Even though their culpability would have remained the same (nil), it would at least have been somewhat more believable in the big scheme of things. Instead, he mentions Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens and Spyro the Dragon. (Spyro of all things! Spyro!) He calls Trump a "renewed symbol of white identity." Before he shot up the mosque, he livestreamed himself on Facebook urging his viewers to "subscribe to PewDiePie".
He didn't even mention Tommy Robinson. I bet the likes of Mike Stuchbery, Hope Not Hate and Sadiq Khan must be furious that a load of muslims were killed and the murderer didn't even once mention Tommy Robinson.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6787
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2849

Post by Tigzy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:49 am

As for New Zealand - stop. You're just being silly now.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2850

Post by shoutinghorse » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:31 am

Tigzy wrote: He didn't even mention Tommy Robinson. I bet the likes of Mike Stuchbery, Hope Not Hate and Sadiq Khan must be furious that a load of muslims were killed and the murderer didn't even once mention Tommy Robinson.
That didn't stop fatso.




Now look here Oz, I know we sent you our theiving scumbags 200 years ago but there was no need to start sending us fat cunts, take him back.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10315
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2851

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:28 am

Brive1987 wrote: I prefer the old FTP. This new one creeps me out.
Aw shucks gang. I try not to be my vicious, poisonous self and I get this abuse. Allow me to try harder.
Although I am favor of pandering to the muslim community at least a bit in the wake of this terrible crime, I do agree we need to do it in moderation lest we anger the conservative types and force them to reply with more violence. :romance-grouphug:

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10315
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2852

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:43 am

After all, we all have a lot more in common than we have differences. I'm considering writing a manifesto of peace in the culture class thread.


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2853

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:08 am

free thoughtpolice wrote: After all, we all have a lot more in common than we have differences. I'm considering writing a manifesto of peace in the culture class thread.

Is this your version of archly posting scat gifs?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3963
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2854

Post by Bhurzum » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:18 am

This will probably go down like a lead balloon buuuut...



I agree with a fuck-ton of what this guy says.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7071
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2855

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:05 am

Bhurzum wrote: This will probably go down like a lead balloon buuuut...

<no vid>

I agree with a fuck-ton of what this guy says.

Not to tangentalize too much - but is there no one on the right ( alt / lite / or otherwise) that advocates for foreign intervention anymore?

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2856

Post by InfraRedBucket » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:11 am

I know quite of few of you enjoy looking at Women in Uniform:
Kurdish female soldiers dancing in #Raqqa after defeating ISIS, on streets where #ISIS bought and sold women.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6787
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2857

Post by Tigzy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:43 pm

shoutinghorse wrote:
Tigzy wrote: He didn't even mention Tommy Robinson. I bet the likes of Mike Stuchbery, Hope Not Hate and Sadiq Khan must be furious that a load of muslims were killed and the murderer didn't even once mention Tommy Robinson.
That didn't stop fatso.




Now look here Oz, I know we sent you our theiving scumbags 200 years ago but there was no need to start sending us fat cunts, take him back.
Yeah, he's annoyed all right. Bet your arse the thumb-headed cunt read that manifesto from top to bottom, fair horny for any mention of TR. This is just Mike trying to relieve some of the tension from having a serious case of blue balls.

Honestly, I can genuinely see him finishing that manifeso and going, 'Fuck, not even one mention of Tommy Robinson? Come on man!"

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2858

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:45 pm

Bhurzum wrote: This will probably go down like a lead balloon buuuut...



I agree with a fuck-ton of what this guy says.
While we contemplate the irony that the only sane voice in this particular discussion come from the far right ....

Check out this breakdown of Corbyn’s response to NZ vs the Manchester bombing.


Pitchguest
.
.
Posts: 3828
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2859

Post by Pitchguest » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Looking through those Twitter posts by Nick Monroe, it's pretty interesting how NZ continually ups the ante. First it's The Press printing only the word "peace" in Arabic on the front page. Next one of the Muslim victims telling the media New Zealand is "[their] country" and telling others to "get out." Then there's an article in Stuff.co.nz from 2014 that was just deleted outright because it showed evidence of a New Zealander converting and becoming radicalised after attending one of the mosques that was shot up. They are really doing some intense damage control.

And in Canada, which shouldn't be such a surprise by now because it's sodding Canada, an ex-muslim got his speech cancelled at a university in Calgary.

Well done. I'm sure the killer is fucking ecstatic.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2860

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:48 pm

MarcusAu wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: This will probably go down like a lead balloon buuuut...

<no vid>

I agree with a fuck-ton of what this guy says.

Not to tangentalize too much - but is there no one on the right ( alt / lite / or otherwise) that advocates for foreign intervention anymore?
Only to retake Constantinople and or Jerusalem. Other than that, you need the neo-cons and their neo-lib new-left allies for that shit.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4880
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2861

Post by KiwiInOz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Brive1987 wrote: It’s like a kink of some sort.

They'll also wear a poppy on ANZAC Day, but at no other time. It's symbolism and showing empathy and support for a community in distress.

Sure, it might even come back in fashion, but you are unlikely to see many reverts from this.

I think your piss and vinegar is misdirected.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2862

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:19 pm

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: It’s like a kink of some sort.

They'll also wear a poppy on ANZAC Day, but at no other time. It's symbolism and showing empathy and support for a community in distress.

Sure, it might even come back in fashion, but you are unlikely to see many reverts from this.

I think your piss and vinegar is misdirected.
The poppy doesn’t have quite the ideological / cultural resonance as the hijab 🧕 or potato sack.

The idea that we are in anyway at “one” with Islam is a dangerous way to virtue signal. There is a values gulf that should be acknowledged and respected. Maybe a desert rose in the lapel would have worked?
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2863

Post by SM1957 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Pitchguest wrote: Looking through those Twitter posts by Nick Monroe, it's pretty interesting how NZ continually ups the ante. First it's The Press printing only the word "peace" in Arabic on the front page. Next one of the Muslim victims telling the media New Zealand is "[their] country" and telling others to "get out." Then there's an article in Stuff.co.nz from 2014 that was just deleted outright because it showed evidence of a New Zealander converting and becoming radicalised after attending one of the mosques that was shot up. They are really doing some intense damage control.

And in Canada, which shouldn't be such a surprise by now because it's sodding Canada, an ex-muslim got his speech cancelled at a university in Calgary.

Well done. I'm sure the killer is fucking ecstatic.
Does the number of white Muslim terrorists outnumber the number of white supremacist terrorists? I'm sure it does.

Considering the tiny numbers of white Muslims that would be an amazing testimony to the ability of Islam to generate terrorists compared to the ability of white supremacism to generate terrorists?

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2864

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 pm

“... have quite the third party ideological / cultural resonance as the hijab 🧕 or potato sack.”

Might be a clearer expression.

I’m getting the feeling people are generally in favour of condemning murder. But not to a level disproportionate with the way Islamic terrorism is treated. And the condemnation should follow a similar expressive mode. Plus the condemnation probably shouldn’t appropriate symbolism which itself is divisive and antithetical to Western values. It’s bad enough it was done. But for the PM, Parliament, police and newsrooms to enthusiastically follow suite is kind of disturbing in itself.

It points to an underlying issue with society.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4880
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2865

Post by KiwiInOz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Katie's right. Fair is fair. I expect the next time there is an Islamist killing for Muslim women to shuck their hijabs and burkas and mix freely with men in a show of solidarity.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2866

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:51 pm

‘Do you mind if I give you a hug?’ Waleed Aly interviews Jacinda Ardern

The Project host sat down with NZ PM Jacinda Ardern — and her response couldn’t be more different from Scott Morrison’s.

FFS

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/t ... 6f89a935a3

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4880
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2867

Post by KiwiInOz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Brive1987 wrote: “... have quite the third party ideological / cultural resonance as the hijab 🧕 or potato sack.”

Might be a clearer expression.

I’m getting the feeling people are generally in favour of condemning murder. But not to a level disproportionate with the way Islamic terrorism is treated. And the condemnation should follow a similar expressive mode. Plus the condemnation probably shouldn’t appropriate symbolism which itself is divisive and antithetical to Western values. It’s bad enough it was done. But for the PM, Parliament, police and newsrooms to enthusiastically follow suite is kind of disturbing in itself.

It points to an underlying issue with society.
I am sure that it is actually a response to the perceived second order issue of Islamophobia and a belief in fair go, driven by empathy. I suspect that it will help dial down some surficial tensions in places like Turkey (where Turdogan has backed down on his initial rhetoric) and UAE (or Dubai?) where they plastered the image of a foreign female Prime Minister on a skyscraper. Soft power.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10315
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2868

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:57 pm

KiwiInOz wrote: Katie's right. Fair is fair. I expect the next time there is an Islamist killing for Muslim women to shuck their hijabs and burkas and mix freely with men in a show of solidarity.
That might not be a good idea. It could stir up uncontrollable lust and might get them raped.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2869

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:08 pm

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: “... have quite the third party ideological / cultural resonance as the hijab 🧕 or potato sack.”

Might be a clearer expression.

I’m getting the feeling people are generally in favour of condemning murder. But not to a level disproportionate with the way Islamic terrorism is treated. And the condemnation should follow a similar expressive mode. Plus the condemnation probably shouldn’t appropriate symbolism which itself is divisive and antithetical to Western values. It’s bad enough it was done. But for the PM, Parliament, police and newsrooms to enthusiastically follow suite is kind of disturbing in itself.

It points to an underlying issue with society.
I am sure that it is actually a response to the perceived second order issue of Islamophobia and a belief in fair go, driven by empathy. I suspect that it will help dial down some surficial tensions in places like Turkey (where Turdogan has backed down on his initial rhetoric) and UAE (or Dubai?) where they plastered the image of a foreign female Prime Minister on a skyscraper. Soft power.
Soft power and appeasement tread uncomfortably close parallel paths. I hope NZ knows what it is doing.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4880
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2870

Post by KiwiInOz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:16 pm

Our SAS are not appeasing in certain sectors. But nevertheless, the culture is changing strongly to a syncretism of Maori and Pasifika Euro culture and is highly unlikely to become part of the Caliphate any time soon. SBW isn't that popular.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2871

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Personally I think Jacinda is getting most hard-ons from the world’s liberal left, who have shelved OAC for a moment.

I’d put $5 down that Erdoğan responded faster to the burgers of Canakkale losing Anzac Day trade than he did to the PMs headscarf and genuflecting.

http://i.imgur.com/pGAIbvz.jpg

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2872

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:26 pm

KiwiInOz wrote: Our SAS are not appeasing in certain sectors. But nevertheless, the culture is changing strongly to a syncretism of Maori and Pasifika Euro culture and is highly unlikely to become part of the Caliphate any time soon. SBW isn't that popular.
To an outsider, the Southern debacle, Jacinda and now this looks like a lurch to the social progressive left. Though I’m sure sharia is not the focused goal.

I’m also sure, per your comment, that there are more complex undercurrents.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2873

Post by Driftless » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:34 pm

The Mueller report is here!



If there was anything in there that would get Trump out of office I have a feeling it would have been leaked.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2874

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Jacinda Arden might as well keep wearing the hijab from now on. Beats displaying her hair style from the 1850's.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10315
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2875

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:16 pm

So you don't find those teeth hot anymore? :o

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10315
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2876

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Jen McC Must feel rejected, and like her, I blame you.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2877

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:45 pm

Lord Ahmed of Rotherham in court on child sex abuse charges
Lord Ahmed of Rotherham . You could not make this shit up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :bjarte:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sou ... e-47623303

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2878

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:12 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote: So you don't find those teeth hot anymore? :o
:P I've always been more into a nice full tail.
Blonde-horsetail-lo.jpg
(99.54 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16641
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2879

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:14 pm

It’s State Election Day in NSW

We get to pick between the racist Labor leader and the incompetent Liberals.

But we do get our democracy sausage at the local primary school polling centre.

Here is our current liberal premier.

http://i.imgur.com/IUDxXUk.jpg

Here is Jacinda Chamberlain

http://i.imgur.com/fWMB3L4.jpg


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12374
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#2880

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:16 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote: Jen McC Must feel rejected, and like her, I blame you.
She's the one who went and got engaged. Sure, it was a long-distance, no-interaction relationship -- more of a creepy unilateral obsession, really -- but I think we just needed to give time to blossom.

Post Reply