You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Back in school I learned the Scottish version - Ben Doone and Phil McAvity. I never dreamed McAvity was a real name, until I saw it cast into the side of every fire hydrant in Canada.
I have a friend -- a young, very attractive woman surnamed Adcock. I am wicked, and always say to myself, 'gladly'.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote: Back in school I learned the Scottish version - Ben Doone and Phil McAvity. I never dreamed McAvity was a real name, until I saw it cast into the side of every fire hydrant in Canada.
I have a friend -- a young, very attractive woman surnamed Adcock. I am wicked, and always say to myself, 'gladly'.
Where my girlfriend is from there was a high school basketball player named Fonda Dix. She was good enough (at basketball) to get her name in the paper quite often.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Which Pitter was it that was monitoring Meyers in following through on his promise to remove the sexist ads which his blog ran by a certain date?

Well, the dirty old goat has given up ads completely.

https://i.imgur.com/sGjPSgO.png

John D

Post by John D »

Driftless wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Where my girlfriend is from there was a high school basketball player named Fonda Dix. She was good enough (at basketball) to get her name in the paper quite often.
People I actually know....

Brooke Trout
Rainbow Trout
Dick Face
Mike Hunt
Mike Keaster
Becky Bigguns

but... it is hard to beat Fonda Dix. That really is the best.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If I recall correctly there was a very straight-laced and somewhat socially conservative person that my mother knew in passing called - Mrs Grocock.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The case for not being so down on supporting white majority nations. And white chess clubs. But not in a Nazi hateful way.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

They have made a TV show based on the movie 'What we do in the Shadows'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfBbSwX6kEk

Within the first 10 minutes one of the characters, in a blatant display of cultural appropriation, mentions being a soldier in the Ottoman Empire. I was offended on behalf of Transylvanians everywhere.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

MarcusAu wrote: If I recall correctly there was a very straight-laced and somewhat socially conservative person that my mother knew in passing called - Mrs Grocock.
I had a teacher called Mrs. Sweatycunt. Same school, the principal was called Mr. Fuckmyhole and the janitor was Gordon Jizzthroat.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: If I recall correctly there was a very straight-laced and somewhat socially conservative person that my mother knew in passing called - Mrs Grocock.
I had a teacher called Mrs. Sweatycunt. Same school, the principal was called Mr. Fuckmyhole and the janitor was Gordon Jizzthroat.
Those are the most ridiculous names I've heard since the last time I watched the Flintstones. But I'm sure you had a gay old time.

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote:
Those are the most ridiculous names I've heard since the last time I watched the Flintstones. But I'm sure you had a gay old time.
Reminds me of my favorite Weird Al song.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:19 am
AndrewV69 wrote: I am kind of surprised that no one has brought this up before now. Is anyone aware that the SPLC recently had a spot of of bovver bother amongst themselves?

I posted a link to the New Yorker article way back. Keep up.
:nin:

I must have missed it. Thanks.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

One simple Google search will tell me if these people exist.

That , I feel , was a mistake.

How do I delete my browsing history?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

SM1957 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:00 pm
One simple Google search will tell me if these people exist.

That , I feel , was a mistake.

How do I delete my browsing history?
:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:39 pm
A "respected" NZ iman has some thought on who was (((actually))) behind the Christchurch shooter.

This will quietly be ignored.
Or you can believe he earned a load of dosh on bitcoin and was born a natural assassin. Each to their own I guess.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mike Hock usually made an annual appearance in assembly lists at school, typically reported by the prefects for being late.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>

Guess I'll have to look into a bit further - maybe get a second opinion as I sure don't want to shell out that dough, particularly when it might be better spent on a new or newer vehicle. But not sure how much I'll be able to drive it in the interim - repair shop suggested I might get another year or so out of it.
I had a vehicle that was close to being sent to pasture as you traditionalists like to phrase it..

You live in the city, you can get BCAA?

Or if you are getting to your sunset years, and live in a city? Get rid of your car.
Cheaper to get taxis and buses. Cars are expensive.
I'm currently looking into BCAA - probably a good bet.

They are indeed expensive. May get rid of mine, even if maybe sooner than I want to.

But while taxis & car rentals are a possible option in some cases, they're not really convenient for periodic visits to friends in the Interior, and family on the Island.

And they're not a lot less expensive than bare insurance.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote: Trudeau continues to reveal how shallow his ideals actually are. ...
Relative to which, I've periodically quoted Canada's own Sir William Stephenson - A Man Called Intrepid - who said, or was paraphrased saying, that there's a difference between being high-minded and being soft-headed. Trudeau certainly aspires to the former - virtue signaling for fun and profit, or Prophet [piss be upon him] as the case may be - but generally only succeeds at the latter:

Trudeau_JihadiJustin.jpg
(71.57 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
screwtape wrote: The latest attempt to discredit Jody Wilson-Raybould (the ex-Attorney General who refused to cave in to political pressure to avoid a prosecution of SNC-Lavalin, a giant Quebec engineering firm that has allegedly spent millions on bribes to win contracts in Africa) involves a semi-official leak, probably straight from the Prime Minister's Office. ....
One seriously wonders whether the Liberal Party knows whether they're on foot or horse-back. And whether there's anyone in the higher echelons of the Party who's able to put Trudeau out to pasture - make him a drama teacher again as the common meme has it. If they don't then the whole Party is likely to be toast before the end of October:

Memes_Trudeau_Exorcism.jpg
(75.36 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
screwtape wrote:
<snip>

Fortunately we are used to the inept PR campaigns of this government, and now it is rather clear that our own dear drama teacher is willing to walk all over indigenous people as well as women in order to continue practicing politics in the oh so familiar Liberal way. Time to have a refresher course in Tory corruption, just to clear the palate.
LoL. As Mark Twain put it, "Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.”

Though I periodically wonder how much of the corruption is caused by outright venality, and how much through politicians' carelessness or a studious inattention to the sources of support for their various "causes"; he who pays the piper and all that:
New Mulroney Institute is bankrolled by billionaires steeped in scandal

Ex-PM raised part of funds for N.S. university site from businessmen tied to bribery schemes, tax havens ....
But interesting that many nominally Leftist magazines are becoming increasingly critical of Trudeau. ICYMI, some interesting observations here at MacLean's:
On the elimination of inconvenient Liberals

Paul Wells: Welcome to an offensive on Charter rights—This was the week it became necessary to destroy the village of good government in order to save it.

.... I felt something like this was coming when I wrote, near the bottom of a column I wrote last November that was published in December, that an election is “the crudest possible instrument” for fixing serious shortcomings in public administration. It’s simply not true that if you don’t like something a government does you must replace it. But nor should re-electing the Liberals mean endorsing Justin Trudeau’s increasingly obvious flaws. The issues raised by the SNC-Lavalin controversy shouldn’t be settled by an election. Some misdeeds are worth dealing with as themselves, when they come up. And then let the election settle the election. ....
Not entirely sure that the Conservatives would be significantly better than the Liberal Party absent Trudeau - particularly as he seems the driver of many of the more demented policies they've been peddling. But it seems rather clear they would be the "lesser of two evils" - and by a long shot - in comparison to a Party with Trudeau as any part of it.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Steersman wrote:

Guess I'll have to look into a bit further - maybe get a second opinion as I sure don't want to shell out that dough, particularly when it might be better spent on a new or newer vehicle. But not sure how much I'll be able to drive it in the interim - repair shop suggested I might get another year or so out of it.
I had a vehicle that was close to being sent to pasture as you traditionalists like to phrase it..

You live in the city, you can get BCAA?

Or if you are getting to your sunset years, and live in a city? Get rid of your car.
Cheaper to get taxis and buses. Cars are expensive.

They are indeed expensive. May get rid of mine, even if maybe sooner than I want to.

But while taxis & car rentals are a possible option in some cases, they're not really convenient for periodic visits to friends in the Interior, and family on the Island.

If you are going to get out of Dodge on occasion you pretty much need a car alright. BCAA is a good investment if you are doing any travelling with a beater too.
Better to get a newer better car in my opinion. Normal maintenance has you replacing brakes and tires, batteries that are expensive and are certain to need replacement so maintaining an older vehicle starts to become a money pit even without a nasty surprise like you have already got with it.
And especially if you plan on taking road trips of the longer variety you get better reliability, comfort, peace of mind. Not much fun to break down anywhere but if you're travelling beyond Hope :P there are lots of country to get stranded in. :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Apparently by living in NSW, I now have some shame to purge.

Which means Grafton should prepare for ploughing and salting.
Among the Australian dignitaries present were Governor-General Peter Cosgrove and NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian, whose state must bear the shame of having exported the alleged gunman.
While Austrians, innocently receiving donations, are bailed up, no one seems to be discussing the NZ police who blithely issued him firearm licences. Complicit, we all be.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/it ... 518s0.html

Hmm. :think: Didn’t see Cat Stevens at Manchester. Maybe the victims weren’t “his people”.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watched Free Solo last night.

Alas it wasn’t a Star Wars movie. But it did get my wife squealing in fear and my palms slightly sweaty.

http://i.imgur.com/rbXW8jl.jpg

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote:
screwtape wrote: The latest attempt to discredit Jody Wilson-Raybould (the ex-Attorney General who refused to cave in to political pressure to avoid a prosecution of SNC-Lavalin, a giant Quebec engineering firm that has allegedly spent millions on bribes to win contracts in Africa) involves a semi-official leak, probably straight from the Prime Minister's Office. ....
The Canadian Press joins in on the bash-JWR bandwagon, with articles placed in major outlets:
CBC: Wrongfully convicted Halifax man's case sat on Wilson-Raybould's desk for months
NP: Wrongfully convicted man’s case sat on Wilson-Raybould’s desk for months
G&M: Wrongfully convicted Halifax man suffered while waiting for Wilson-Raybould to act in his case, lawyer says

"On the elimination of inconvenient Liberals" indeed.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

screwtape wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:06 am
Steersman wrote:
The Canadian Press joins in on the bash-JWR bandwagon, with articles placed in major outlets:
CBC: Wrongfully convicted Halifax man's case sat on Wilson-Raybould's desk for months
G&M: Wrongfully convicted Halifax man suffered while waiting for Wilson-Raybould to act in his case, lawyer says

What did you expect? Having followed Diana Davisons adventures in the Canadian sex crimes playground it is obvious that the Canadian media have been well ahead of the curve. You would think the Jian Ghomeshi case was was a blatant mis-carriage of justice from reading the Canadian press, with notable exceptions.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Every white supremacist/ white genocidalist / replacement theorist's nightmare:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/28/health/w ... index.html

h/t Jerry Coyne

John D

Post by John D »

This sort of thing is really gonna start a race war in the US.... and I know what side I will be on.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

John D wrote: This sort of thing is really gonna start a race war in the US.... and I know what side I will be on.

Hey, with the demand for reparations in the US the way it is, Jussie Smollett should ask for his 3500 dollar cheque back.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Just sayin'
kimberley.png
(92.54 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
thulsa.png
(85.16 KiB) Downloaded 285 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: This sort of thing is really gonna start a race war in the US.... and I know what side I will be on.
1. I think Tim Pool was slightly misled by that article, which wasn't-quite-honest about the NAACP award-show host's comments.
Award guy did say "I hope he wins" but it was immediately-followed by "I hope they all win"... reducing the comment to an impartial 'good luck to all the contestants'.
Also-- "I hope he wins" was followed by "because I want to hear his acceptance speech". Which is an opinion I share. I watched the video of the host & I found his
demeanor to be so jolly & toothless... it was like interviewing a shopping-mall Santa Claus about a blizzard on Christmas Day. Maybe the blizzard killed somebody,
but I don't fault Santa for saying "Ho ho ho."

2. I don't know if This Sort Of Thing Is Really Going To Start A Race War. I agree it's playing with fire. But... the fire is uncontrollable & could could burn any direction.
Like with Covington-- the attempted racist smear against the Whiteys... was so-quickly followed by a reversal in the narrative. I think the shit-stirrers came out of it worse-off.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 3,200_.jpg

Jussie Smollett's hoax was a TAR BABY trap, designed to hurt Trump, whites, & Republicans. Now the tar baby is stuck-to State's Attorney Kim Foxx, Jesse Jackson, Kamala Harris, Rahm Emmanual, the awful Chicago Police, Empire & Liberal Fake News... all sorts of shitheads who deserve cosmic justice.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Just sayin'

kimberley.png

thulsa.png
Didn't have the balls to make it Dr. Zaius?

BTW, John D: it's not actually race, it's celebrity/class. If it had been a white buddy of the Obamas the same would have happened.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Didn't have the balls to make it Dr. Zaius?
I was focusing on the hair. But there is a resemblance to Dr. Zira:
zira.jpg
(68.45 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Dr. Zaius also has a Dopplegänger:
Dr. Zaius.jpg
(25.42 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
brigitte.png
(312.01 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Canada has a travel advisory up for the UK. The limeys are revolting! But we already knew that. :rimshot:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-up ... -1.4357535

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

I don't mind someone looking like Dr Zira.

I've still got a bit of a crush on her at a certain age - just like David Niven in free fall.
kim_hunter.jpg
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

John D

Post by John D »

I originally posted this in the wrong thread. The SPLC leadership is falling apart.... getting accused of sexism and racism. Haha.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Did the SPLC ever accomplish anything good?

If so, I don't think I can work up the schadenfreude.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: Did the SPLC ever accomplish anything good?

So... thanks to the good work SLPC did between 1971 & 1979... they get a pass on all their fraudulent bullshit since-then?

This is a very good way to spare yourself the inner-rot of schadenfreude. But-- a low bar for wrong-doers to clear.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"In 1986, the entire legal staff of the SPLC, excluding Dees, resigned as the organization shifted from traditional civil rights work toward fighting right-wing extremism.[21] "

ThreeFlangedJavis

Everyone who cares about the future should understand this. Unfortunately it is antithetical to the prevailing political ethos in Europe. If things go on as they are Europe will eventually be under Sharia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy6eZnj1gpc

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ain't giving you the pleasure of a link to this piece of nonsense:
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 4.14.56 PM.png
(51.88 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
But our Foreign Affairs minister rates neo-nazism and Islamophobia as the gravest threats? Presumably that can be backed up, and that, for example, more people die of Islamophobia than of Islamist terrorism? Or that more die of neo-nazism than either of the above? I shall probably die waiting for the statistics.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote:

So... thanks to the good work SLPC did between 1971 & 1979... they get a pass on all their fraudulent bullshit since-then?

This is a very good way to spare yourself the inner-rot of schadenfreude. But-- a low bar for wrong-doers to clear.
When did I say I give them a pass? Or that anyone else should?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keating

Post by Keating »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Just sayin'

kimberley.png

thulsa.png
Didn't have the balls to make it Dr. Zaius?

BTW, John D: it's not actually race, it's celebrity/class. If it had been a white buddy of the Obamas the same would have happened.
But this is:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/styl ... white.html

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

If you are going to get out of Dodge on occasion you pretty much need a car alright. BCAA is a good investment if you are doing any travelling with a beater too.

Better to get a newer better car in my opinion. Normal maintenance has you replacing brakes and tires, batteries that are expensive and are certain to need replacement so maintaining an older vehicle starts to become a money pit even without a nasty surprise like you have already got with it.
Exactly. Probably or possibly wind up with a vehicle that's a couple of years old - as was the Malibu, and it was fairly low-maintenance up until a year or so ago.
free thoughtpolice wrote: And especially if you plan on taking road trips of the longer variety you get better reliability, comfort, peace of mind. Not much fun to break down anywhere but if you're travelling beyond Hope :P there are lots of country to get stranded in. :lol:
:-) As they say, Spuzzum is beyond hope, although, reading Berton's Last Spike, seems that Yale was a "thriving metropolois", at least for a while, as the railway was being built.

But generally my trips are into the Shuswap, though that is still a lot of country to get stranded in. Part of the reason why I bought a smartphone a year or so ago was to at least minimize, hopefully, the difficulties of having a breakdown on the road. Kind of impressed with the cell-phone coverage along the way, but - with my luck ... ;-) - if I have one then it will probably happen in a dead zone ...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

"I've never seen so many white people in one place"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: "I've never seen so many white people in one place"

He knows nothing.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

shoutinghorse wrote: "I've never seen so many white people in one place"

I can't even.

What a prick.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
Steersman wrote:

:-) "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome [JWR]?" ;-)

No doubt you've seen she too had the "foresight" to record a conversation with Wernick:

BREAKING: Jody Wilson-Raybould’s secret recordings and documents released

Hard to see how Trudeau can survive after that - seems entirely justified that he should be obliged to resign.

Interesting though that Conrad Black, in a National Post article several weeks ago, gave some justification to think that JWR's credentials - particularly on native rights and aboriginal title - may be a cause for some concern:

Conrad Black: SNC-Lavalin is a sideshow to the real Wilson-Raybould issue

Native groups may provide a welcome bulwark against the depredations of various resource companies - expected costs of cleaning up the Tar Sands being estimated at between $50 & $200 billion, depending on who's counting. But many Liberals - including Trudeau by the look of it - may be a bit too quick in acceding to their every demand. Thorny issue.

ThreeFlangedJavis

screwtape wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:35 am
Ain't giving you the pleasure of a link to this piece of nonsense:

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 4.14.56 PM.png

But our Foreign Affairs minister rates neo-nazism and Islamophobia as the gravest threats? Presumably that can be backed up, and that, for example, more people die of Islamophobia than of Islamist terrorism? Or that more die of neo-nazism than either of the above? I shall probably die waiting for the statistics.
The gravest threat to the West (possibly the world) is none of those things. It is the gradual slide into Sharia. The issue with these Western politicians is that Nazism and racism are understandable to them in a way that Islam is not. They think of Islam as being a religion in the way Christianity or Buddhism is, not as the supremacist ideology with crafty tools for conquest which it ultimately is.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jared Taylor has been banned from Europe for two years.

Seems a measured and liberal response, sure to be applied to identitarians from all sides.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Living the progressive dream.

The problem with Kirb et al’s position is that the diverse liberal nirvana they are defending is a sham.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

May’s deal dies a third death. Looks like April 12 is the day. Given there is no way Europe will let UK go over the wall, I wait with bated breath to see the rabbit pulled from the hat.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

When I did I say you said you did or anyone should?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote: May’s deal dies a third death. Looks like April 12 is the day. Given there is no way Europe will let UK go over the wall, I wait with bated breath to see the rabbit pulled from the hat.
May could solve the problem by having parliament donate to Pettibone's fiancée and getting all of the UK banned from Europe.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:25 pm
Brive1987 wrote: May’s deal dies a third death. Looks like April 12 is the day. Given there is no way Europe will let UK go over the wall, I wait with bated breath to see the rabbit pulled from the hat.
May could solve the problem by having parliament donate to Pettibone's fiancée and getting all of the UK banned from Europe.
I’m not sure what the options are now apart from EU Parliamentary elections and a general UK election.

The House cannot do its job. Personally I reckon they should just crash out. The time for a considered approach has come and gone.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

After watching this video, I’m confident the Brits have the right people in the job to find the delicate balance between strategic objective and pragmatic constraint.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

When I did I say you said you did or anyone should?
Fair enough. Let the record of the SPLC speak for itself.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:
Fair enough. Let the record of the SPLC speak for itself.
Yeah-- I sincerely compliment you for avoiding schaudenfreude. Outrage is a hell of a drug.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

'The Highwaymen' . Netflix :handgestures-thumbup:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote:
Interesting though that Conrad Black, in a National Post article several weeks ago, gave some justification to think that JWR's credentials - particularly on native rights and aboriginal title - may be a cause for some concern:

Conrad Black: SNC-Lavalin is a sideshow to the real Wilson-Raybould issue

Native groups may provide a welcome bulwark against the depredations of various resource companies - expected costs of cleaning up the Tar Sands being estimated at between $50 & $200 billion, depending on who's counting. But many Liberals - including Trudeau by the look of it - may be a bit too quick in acceding to their every demand. Thorny issue.
Thank you; I had missed that article.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Each day brings its own drama, right now no one knows what the fuck they are doing. It's a complete clusterfuck caused entirely by Theresa May and her pathetically weak, no, non existent negotiating skills. The truth is she was and is a remainer, she never wanted us to leave and Michel Barnier and the EU bigwigs have played her like an old fiddle and she has embarrassed the nation in the process. That coupled with Parliaments ineptitude has churned up a hornets nest, the Brexit genie ain't going back in the bottle.
This is no longer an argument between remaining or leaving the EU, this is now an identity war, a battle for democracy itself and the very future of British sovereignty, make no mistake about that. Leaving the European Union must happen.