You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Lsuoma »

In case anyone is interested, here is a really good piece on the 737MAX problems: https://spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/avi ... -developer

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Apparently the commies don't like SJW's either.

"One of the most recent variants of identity politics to sweep the radical petty bourgeoisie is the concept of intersectionality. This is not just a minor deviation or confusion by well-meaning young people, but an entirely retrograde, reactionary and counter-revolutionary ideology that we must combat with every means at our disposal."

I was discussing the Facebook ban on far right groups and searched for commie groups on Facebook and found this one, then I found this article on Identity politics.

https://www.marxist.com/marxist-theory- ... -ideas.htm

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 am
John Lennon claimed the Beatles were bigger than Jesus Christ, but Ian Gillan was Jesus Christ.
Yeah, but look who was a Priest at the same time:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Portuguese isn't hard to understand when you know other latinate languages
Govoreet nadsat, malenky chelloveck?

;)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:55 am
AndrewV69 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 pm
Question for the pit ...

Does anyone know of a carbon tax implementation that was not a scam from day one?
Part 2 is about the practicality of carbon pricing.

.ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99qI42KGB0

.ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fV6eeckxTs

Good videos. Reminds me of the articles I read in the Economist when things like cap & trade was first floated. So, the Australia implementation was not a scam is what the video seems to say.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: Rufferto...I think...
As any fool can plainly see. :wink:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Q. Wenn ist das Nunstuck git und slotermeyer?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Portuguese isn't hard to understand when you know other latinate languages
Govoreet nadsat, malenky chelloveck?

;)
Real horrorshow, brat.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 am
John Lennon claimed the Beatles were bigger than Jesus Christ, but Ian Gillan was Jesus Christ.
Yeah, but look who was a Priest at the same time:

MV5BZGQyMDBlYTMtMzZhNS00ZjI4LWFjNzItNjk1N2FiNTRlMDRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_UY317_CR57,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Pedo, figures.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ggl.jpg
(69.18 KiB) Downloaded 311 times

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Britain's virtue signalling MP's are falling over themselves to cosy up to a 16 year old climate change soothsayer with asbergers. Looks like Mr. Ed can hardly contain his inner Joe Biden.

https://i.imgur.com/zDgP535.png

Another win for labour :doh:
https://amp.theguardian.com/environment ... ssion=true

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

shoutinghorse wrote: Britain's virtue signalling MP's are falling over themselves to cosy up to a 16 year old climate change soothsayer with asbergers. Looks like Mr. Ed can hardly contain his inner Joe Biden.

https://i.imgur.com/zDgP535.png

Another win for labour :doh:
https://amp.theguardian.com/environment ... ssion=true
I was wondering why this particular sixteen year old got the attention of the national media.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg
Parent(s)
Malena Ernman
Oh.

(She's a Swedish celebrity opera singer and actress. Also a very vocal climate change activist.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“Go Leafs Go!” ??

Or go the Leaves? I’m confused.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has set a pre-condition for any type of reform.
We’re not going to solve climate change or any of the other global problems harming humanity until we claw down the billionaires from their perches and enact laws that control their greed.
“Claw down”. :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Civic nationalism in operation.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

At Quillette, Jerry Coyne rebuts the argument that secular humanism is a religion:

https://quillette.com/2019/04/22/secula ... -religion/

Interesting how the christo-tards commenting are tardish in the same way as SJW tards.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Back in '93, when my sister was 8 and we flew out of Australia for the first time, the first thing she asked upon arriving at Sydney Airport from Canberra was "do people in Sydney speak English?" (Everyone in the airport we encountered was speaking something other than English, so it wasn't an unreasonable question.) It was a long time family joke, although not so funny anymore.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:50 pm
Back in '93, when my sister was 8 and we flew out of Australia for the first time, the first thing she asked upon arriving at Sydney Airport from Canberra was "do people in Sydney speak English?" (Everyone in the airport we encountered was speaking something other than English, so it wasn't an unreasonable question.) It was a long time family joke, although not so funny anymore.

1993 you say?

http://i.imgur.com/FuwHHRX.jpg

:bjarte:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

‘Australia isn’t a country’: One US lecturer’s reason for nearly failing a student

:o :o :o
This was her professor’s reply:

“Australia is a continent; it is not a country. That error made it impossible for you to accurately complete your week 2 research outline correctly,” she replied.

“I want you to understand any error in a project can invalidate the entire research project … Research is like dominoes, if you accidentally knock over one piece, the entire set will also fall.”

Arnold then responded with a link to the Australian Government’s “About Australia” page:

“Australia is both a country and a continent. It’s the only country that is both. I provided a resource in the first email that clarifies that for you. If you need further clarification google or the SNHU Shapiro Library has that information you … Again I mean no disrespect but my grade is affected by your assumption that Australia is not a country when it in fact is,” Arnold wrote.

At long last, her professor replied: “After I do some independent research on the continent/country issue, I will review your paper.”

Arnolds’ paper was finally regraded at B+ and came with this warning from her professor:

“Please make sure the date, the facts, and the information you provide in your report is about Australia the country and not Australia the continent.”
This is a PeeZuss moment. No?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Service Dog wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Rufferto...I think...
As any fool can plainly see. :wink:
I can plainly see that.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

AndrewV69 wrote: ‘Australia isn’t a country’: One US lecturer’s reason for nearly failing a student

:o :o :o
This was her professor’s reply:

“Australia is a continent; it is not a country. That error made it impossible for you to accurately complete your week 2 research outline correctly,” she replied.

“I want you to understand any error in a project can invalidate the entire research project … Research is like dominoes, if you accidentally knock over one piece, the entire set will also fall.”

Arnold then responded with a link to the Australian Government’s “About Australia” page:

“Australia is both a country and a continent. It’s the only country that is both. I provided a resource in the first email that clarifies that for you. If you need further clarification google or the SNHU Shapiro Library has that information you … Again I mean no disrespect but my grade is affected by your assumption that Australia is not a country when it in fact is,” Arnold wrote.

At long last, her professor replied: “After I do some independent research on the continent/country issue, I will review your paper.”

Arnolds’ paper was finally regraded at B+ and came with this warning from her professor:

“Please make sure the date, the facts, and the information you provide in your report is about Australia the country and not Australia the continent.”
This is a PeeZuss moment. No?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm always amazed at just how little Americans know about the rest of the world. There is a whole litany of videos on YouTube taking the piss out of geographically uneducated people making them look complete thicko's when the real problem is teachers like this wanker.
Maybe I am biased as when I was a kid If i didn't have my head stuck in a football book it would be studying an atlas and from my early interest in geography came my love of history.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

shoutinghorse wrote: I'm always amazed at just how little Americans know about the rest of the world.
View some of Jay Leno's youtube videos on the (atrocious) level of American geographical knowledge. Some of us barely know that Mexico is to our south and Canada to our north. I just checked the numbers, and Americans travel a lot -- intranationally. Relatively few travel internationally, and only half have passports. I doubt the cause is xenophobia (with the exception of Latin America). The US is huge, varied, and I think most Americans think their vacation needs can be met w/o leaving the country. It's also hard, and expensive to go anywhere (except Canada). The distances are daunting. It's not like in Europe where you can hop, skip and jump, and baboom, you're in another country.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 am
shoutinghorse wrote: I'm always amazed at just how little Americans know about the rest of the world.
View some of Jay Leno's youtube videos on the (atrocious) level of American geographical knowledge. Some of us barely know that Mexico is to our south and Canada to our north. I just checked the numbers, and Americans travel a lot -- intranationally. Relatively few travel internationally, and only half have passports. I doubt the cause is xenophobia (with the exception of Latin America). The US is huge, varied, and I think most Americans think their vacation needs can be met w/o leaving the country. It's also hard, and expensive to go anywhere (except Canada). The distances are daunting. It's not like in Europe where you can hop, skip and jump, and baboom, you're in another country.
Especially in the good ol’ days it was the distance and expense that made OS travel a rite of passage, esp for Australian youth. It was also a sign of relative sophistication to have hot out of town so to speak. These days there really isn’t any excuse for not seeing the world. And from the crowds in Europe, the world would seem to agree.

I’d concur though that America is a universe unto itself. Both culturally and physically. You could spend your life exploring its exotica.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:think:

Correction. “The only five jobs I’ve had”

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

screwtape wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:21 am
Pseudomonas wrote:
John D wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:00 am
Does anyone else share this problem with me? I find that I can't stand much of the music I listened to in the 1970s and 1980s. So much of it now sounds like childish, stick-it-to-the-man, bullshit. I guess I have changed, but the music doesn't change.
Not something I've had a problem with: I'm in the midst of a massive Deep Purple (c. 1974) binge. I think what happened for me, was that I got out of the habit of listening to all my old faves, and moved on (oddly, to classical, and then to early music). Now, being on a bit of a revisit, all the old stuff is both really fresh, and at the same time a familiar comfort. And I don't really find much comes over as 'childish, stick-it-to-the-man, bullshit' or similar.

Pseudomonas
But was Burn better than Machine Head? Heretic that I am, I prefer 'Mistreated' to 'Smoke on the Water', but then again, I even kinda like their 1969 Concerto for Group and Orchestra.

A tricky question indeed - Ian Gillan vs. David Coverdale (and Roger Glover vs. Glenn Hughes)... Burn is the only Purple albumn I have a physical copy of, and I saw Whitesnake a couple of times before they went all AOR and enormous hair. 'Mistreated' vs. 'Smoke on the Water'. But 'Highway Star' and 'Space Truckin''...

I think I'll go with Machine Head & Ian Gillan/Roger Glover. 'Smoke on the Water' is overrated, but is still a pretty good track.

Never listened to the Concerto, but as it happens, I have a download of it somewhere, so I should dig it out and scare the children.

And I thnk I prefer the version of 'Mistreated with Ronnie James Dio singing, on Rainbow On Stage :evil:

Pseudomonas

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ has set a pre-condition for any type of reform.
We’re not going to solve climate change or any of the other global problems harming humanity until we claw down the billionaires from their perches and enact laws that control their greed.
“Claw down”. :lol:
Haha! I'd love to see him try and claw down from a perch anything bigger than a sparrow. Fucking Meyers, with his body like a dropped trifle.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:

:think:

Correction. “The only five jobs I’ve had”
And then there's this gem .. I'll laugh my man boobs off if he dumps her. :lol:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Heres's what I think went-wrong in the instructor's brain:

"Africa isn't a country, it's a continent" is an SJW mantra. Sure, it's true... but it's truth reduced to a sing-song bumper-sticker slogan.

Animal Farm Sheep organize their worldview/ testing-for-truth --using faulty criteria:
Does it rhyme? Does it contain alliteration? Maybe iambic pentameter? Does it follow the form of a simple equation? Does it fit on a bumper-sticker?
Do I get a smug feeling of dominating someone, when I deliver the snappy one-liner?
then Racism Equals Power Plus Privilege. fact! Believe All Women. fact! Continents Which Begin With An 'A' Aren't Countries. e.g. Africa, Asia, Antarctica... fact!

I heard a podcast, a couple years ago, about how grammatically-correct statements pass a 'true/false' test in our brains, leading people to impose tortured interpretations on nonsense/ in-order to Make It mean something... An example from a psych test was: 'Rocks Are Some Of The Oldest Living Creatures On Earth. T/F?'
My buddy Fang got that one wrong-- and when I asked him about it-- he said that he did realize that Rocks aren't Creatures... but he assumed the experts who made the test knew that-- so they Must Have Meant to include inanimate-things, when they said Creatures.

Australia is an Africa, not an Amerikkka. Because Aborigines.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Today I learned that Saint George's father came from a country that did not exist until centuries later.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Australia is an Africa, not an Amerikkka. Because Aborigines.
Australia is a sun-blasted hellscape populated almost exclusively by nightmarish creatures designed to kill humans.

Americans would do well to remember that...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 68/0bb.jpg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Suet Cardigan wrote: Today I learned that Saint George's father came from a country that did not exist until centuries later.
The same country that quantum-leaped through time to build stonehenge? :dance:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote:
Some people appear to have the wanderlust, and it comes at quite a young age. Bill Bryson is a good example of a footloose septic. "The Lost Continent" has a delightful description of his epiphany.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Australia is an Africa, not an Amerikkka. Because Aborigines.
Australia is a sun-blasted hellscape populated almost exclusively by nightmarish creatures designed to kill humans.

Americans would do well to remember that...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 68/0bb.jpg
'Zat a bilby?

I think he's husbanding his evilutionary (sic) spoons to create something like crotalotoxin.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Some people appear to have the wanderlust, and it comes at quite a young age. Bill Bryson is a good example of a footloose septic. "The Lost Continent" has a delightful description of his epiphany.
I read "The Mother Tongue" years ago - a brilliant and very amusing read. Not touched any of his other books though.

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2 ... t-that-way

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: 'Zat a bilby?

I think he's husbanding his evilutionary (sic) spoons to create something like crotalotoxin.
No idea what it is but it clearly has murder in its eyes. Kill it, kill it with fire!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I thought 'Notes from a Small Island' was where Bryson earned his rep...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Strongyles are a nuisance. Encysted strongyles are a bitch.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote: I thought 'Notes from a Small Island' was where Bryson earned his rep...
I first ran across him in the early 80s, I think. There was a one-man-show actor, Kerry someone or other, who I saw doing something in Notting Hill, and he also did something from the Lost Continent. I got the book on cassette from my local library, and have been an avid Bryson fan ever since. I particularly loved his Yank-based view of the UK, and his Brit-based view of the US. As a transplant septic myself I can really appreciate both sides...

Plus he's a genial old fart, just a few years older than me...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Late 80s

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Bhurzum wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Some people appear to have the wanderlust, and it comes at quite a young age. Bill Bryson is a good example of a footloose septic. "The Lost Continent" has a delightful description of his epiphany.
I read "The Mother Tongue" years ago - a brilliant and very amusing read. Not touched any of his other books though.

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2 ... t-that-way
A Walk in the Woods is an absolute hoot. Bryson, clearly not prepared for it, decides to embark on the Appalachian Trail. Sensibly deciding it would be best not to try it alone, he takes along...his overweight, recovering alcoholic buddy.

Much grumbling, pissing, moaning and male bitchiness ensues.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Late 80s
I didn't think you were that old.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Tigzy wrote: A Walk in the Woods is an absolute hoot. Bryson, clearly not prepared for it, decides to embark on the Appalachian Trail. Sensibly deciding it would be best not to try it alone, he takes along...his overweight, recovering alcoholic buddy.

Much grumbling, pissing, moaning and male bitchiness ensues.
Heh. That sounds pretty good, I'll snag a copy this weekend.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Late 80s
I didn't think you were that old.
Born in 1960.

Bhurzo, it's deffo worth reading Neither Here Nor There before A Walk in the Woods. It recounts his previous travels with Katz while backpacking through Yurop as students.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It was more a reference to your giving your age as 'Late 80s'.

Still less than 2 years before you can start working on official codger status.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Bhurzo, it's deffo worth reading Neither Here Nor There before A Walk in the Woods. It recounts his previous travels with Katz while backpacking through Yurop as students.
Roger. Will secure both assets. Details to follow.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

As Brive seems to be slacking - I'll post this here...

Several (58 in Auckland according to the article) upcoming ANZAC (Australia New Zealand Army Corps) Day services have been cancelled due to security concerns.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/111890 ... cellations

Sounds like things are still developing...

(For those not in the know - ANZAC Day is the antipodean version of Armistice or Veterans Day - except upside down and closer to the other end of the calendar. There is typically a dawn service as well as well as others later in the day).

Can't be that many WWII vets left...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Suet Cardigan wrote:

Today I learned that Saint George's father came from a country that did not exist until centuries later.
He's not just the patron saint of England but it's always England that gets told. That my friends is bigotry. :snooty:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patronage ... int_George

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Not to mention the syphilis.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: As Brive seems to be slacking - I'll post this here...

Several (58 in Auckland according to the article) upcoming ANZAC (Australia New Zealand Army Corps) Day services have been cancelled due to security concerns.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/111890 ... cellations

Sounds like things are still developing...

(For those not in the know - ANZAC Day is the antipodean version of Armistice or Veterans Day - except upside down and closer to the other end of the calendar. There is typically a dawn service as well as well as others later in the day).

Can't be that many WWII vets left...
Mate, I :nin: you on that a couple of weeks ago. They were cucking services well before the SL bombing. Now Turkey has arrested an ISIS hero who had plans of re-enacting the Charge at the Nek at today’s Dawn Service.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Several (58 in Auckland according to the article) upcoming ANZAC (Australia New Zealand Army Corps) Day services have been cancelled due to security concerns.
"Security concerns"

Aye, riiiight...

http://funnymemes.com.au/wp-content/upl ... w-meme.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

In case someone here is interested:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Should have been a link, not a video. Still, it works. Complete Tex Avery MGM collection for free.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Haven't been here in months. Update me on everything.

I'll wait.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

comhcinc wrote: Haven't been here in months. Update me on everything.

I'll wait.
Which wrestler is that?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CM Punk.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'll wait.
Kamala Harris is going to run for President.

http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 18#p485618

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Hulk Hogan is dead*

*Not really, just waiting for Com's inevitable heart attack.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

If you switched those last two names around it would be more interesting.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

I'll wait.
https://media.giphy.com/media/t6wKUC9xo ... /giphy.gif