:naughty:

Guest_bdf7bc21

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Guest_bdf7bc21 »

Really? wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:25 am
Service Dog wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:55 pm
CommanderTuvok wrote: BTW, one of the accusers of Silverman was someone called Rose St. Clair. I'm fairly certain she was one of the "sister punishers" who was critical of Rebecca Watson after ElevatorGate.
The following quote is from Silverman's website. In the Atheist Republic interview, Silverman paraphrased it, but omitted the name 'Richard', instead saying the quote referred to a previous boyfriend of "R" (aka the former Mrs. Dillahunty/Beth Pressman). I'm curious whether it refers to Richard Carrier. Ideally, Carrier will deny it's true-- and call her a whore-- and then sue Silverman for libel!
“Call me a Slut, call me a whore, call me a hole. Richard XXX isn’t even man enough to call me a slut” – R, during negotiations
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-lmao:
Oh, god....if that's true, then...Presswood and Carrier...

Carrier and Presswood...

Here's a visual representation of all of the sexual relationships in the atheist community.

The only one with a dry dick is Peez.

Yup, Rose St Clair and Silverman.

That explains the Patreon Only video that skepchic made then:

"A Twitter discussion yesterday reminded me of a woman who shit-talked me while I was being harassed, tried to steal my boyfriend, and then I had to support her when she had her own #metoo moment. So I told my Patrons about her bc I am out of fucks"

It’s just another one in the cases of “I only care about abuse of women if the woman is Rebecca Watson. All others can go fuck themselves.” ;p

Wonder if she’s got friends who’ll help Rose St Clair due Rebecca Watson? There were supporters of both who must be wondering what to do now

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well, I can agree with her on that.

In fact the whole fuck economy seems to be in rather a bust period.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Someone's a little touchy. Exactly what did I say that got that pissy little response?
You pretended to be honestly interested in my thoughts on that particular subject, when you were really trying to lay a 'gotcha!' trap. Sadly, you couldn't even get the details right.

You seem to misinterpret what I write quite often
Incessant straw-manning requires no interpretation.
and really take it personal when someone disagrees with you.
As I think I mentioned recently, insults directed at my mother or my horses I do take personally. As for the rest, I quite enjoy a heated discussion. I've had at it with several Pitizens, as do others, and we all make up and kiss in the end. Except with Dam Dam, who is a massive disingenuous cunt by avocation.

I believe I'm the same crude, brusque, obnoxious, opposite-of-touchy, prick I've always been. But seriously, brat, something's gotten into you. I'm not the only one here who you've tediously straw-manned and sniped at. So get hammered or get laid or get divorced or get help but get sorted out and rejoin your uncouth, bastardy comrades already.
You can chill out Brony and stop being so paranoid. I was seriously interested in how much credence you gave to this content analysis stuff. From what I've seen, some groups have it pegged as pseudoscience, some police forces have used it, and some countries even allow it to be entered into evidence in court.
My take on it was that it can give some insight into finding the truthfulness of statements but the content analysis course that is discussed in the blog you referenced has claims made about its accuracy by the originator Avinoam Sapir and the author of the post in question Peter Hyatt that I think are overblown.
You said (if I'm quoting you right) that it mattered who was doing the analysis. I kind of agree with it as I think that a person's objectivity or lack of would make a huge difference in the outcome.
They weren't "trick questions" and you really read the worst into my intentions as you have a fair amount lately.
You think I have changed for the worse in the last year and coincidentally I've gotten the same perception of you.
By the way, the reason I mistakenly thought Sapir had written the post in question is that I read through some of the posts in the blogs history that were all written by Sapir and mistakenly thought he was the sole author of the blog.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Guest_bdf7bc21 wrote:
That explains the Patreon Only video that skepchic made then:

"A Twitter discussion yesterday reminded me of a woman who shit-talked me while I was being harassed, tried to steal my boyfriend, and then I had to support her when she had her own #metoo moment. So I told my Patrons about her bc I am out of fucks"

Wait... "her own #metoo moment"... ???... So... Rebecca Watson is claiming the elevator incident is her #metoo moment ?!!!

Hilarious.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

new Elevator Guy suspects...

https://i.redd.it/1y4xjsxqomq41.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"The hormone progesterone was also found to act against the virus, which might shed some light on the reasons that men appear to be more susceptible to COVID-19 and more often suffer severe complications."

https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... sl1n2ci2fs

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote: "The hormone progesterone was also found to act against the virus, which might shed some light on the reasons that men appear to be more susceptible to COVID-19 and more often suffer severe complications."

https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... sl1n2ci2fs
Interesting article. It also mentions antihistamines as a possible help. To me that kind of makes sense because reportedly the most dangerous effects of the virus are cytokine storms where histamines and cytokines can cause damage to the lungs that can be long term or even fatal. The possibility of lessening the production of histamines could be helpful at least in addition to other treatments.
IANAP but there may be some treatment that can be safe and effective that can knock down at least the worst effects of this nasty bug.
I've heard where this seems to be causing strokes in relatively young people and in some young children has actually caused severe bloodclotting in the toes and feet that visibly look similar to frostbite freezing.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: snip

As I think I mentioned recently, insults directed at my mother or my horses I do take personally. As for the rest, I quite enjoy a heated discussion. I've had at it with several Pitizens, as do others, and we all make up and kiss in the end. Except with Dam Dam, who is a massive disingenuous cunt by avocation.

I believe I'm the same crude, brusque, obnoxious, opposite-of-touchy, prick I've always been. But seriously, brat, something's gotten into you. I'm not the only one here who you've tediously straw-manned and sniped at. So get hammered or get laid or get divorced or get help but get sorted out and rejoin your uncouth, bastardy comrades already.
Your horses wear army boots and your mother's a nag.

John D

Post by John D »

Oh my... Uncle Joe...

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Without wanting to put myself between two scrapping dogs, I can't imagine anyone takes 'content analysis' very seriously. It's reading between the lines, and the problem with that is that you make up what is written between them. It can seem clever and insightful, and maybe give sometimes a hint, but it is not anything like solid enough to be given in evidence; you'd do as well to have a water-diviner wrestle her hazelwood twig over the testimony and pronounce it true or false.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:46 am
...I can't imagine anyone takes 'content analysis' very seriously. It's reading between the lines, and the problem with that is that you make up what is written between them. It can seem clever and insightful, and maybe give sometimes a hint, but it is not anything like solid enough to be given in evidence; you'd do as well to have a water-diviner wrestle her hazelwood twig over the testimony and pronounce it true or false.
So as a doctor - you would question the coherence of their prescription.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote: So as a doctor - you would question the coherence of their prescription.
Doctor be damned. I'm questioning the validity of someone charging a hefty fee to teach you the secrets that will give you insights and thus power over others. It's 'X-Ray glasses' and Charles Atlas' Dynamic Tension and Scientology all over again. People like shortcuts to wealth, knowledge and power, and will pay for them. And thus we have Émile Coué, Dale Carnegie, Tony Robbins et al. The same weary old parade of hucksters with their snake oil.

I'm not snapping at you, MA, just frustrated that I spent a career, maybe usefully, and maybe not, persuading people to avoid their treasured shortcuts, be they vitamin surpluses, supplements to non-existent deficiencies, avoidance of vaccines, proven medicines, needed surgeries etc etc. It might be that I helped a few at the time, but the frustration is that it makes no difference at all in the long run, as the hydra keeps growing new heads. Likely I should stay in the darkroom, and live my Talpid life there, ignoring the world above me. The chemicals and their scents are familiar and friendly, and we need only use our eyes for looking at what we have laboured to make.

free thoughtpolice

screwtape wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: So as a doctor - you would question the coherence of their prescription.
Doctor be damned. I'm questioning the validity of someone charging a hefty fee to teach you the secrets that will give you insights and thus power over others. It's 'X-Ray glasses' and Charles Atlas' Dynamic Tension and Scientology all over again. People like shortcuts to wealth, knowledge and power, and will pay for them. And thus we have Émile Coué, Dale Carnegie, Tony Robbins et al. The same weary old parade of hucksters with their snake oil.

I'm not snapping at you, MA, just frustrated that I spent a career, maybe usefully, and maybe not, persuading people to avoid their treasured shortcuts, be they vitamin surpluses, supplements to non-existent deficiencies, avoidance of vaccines, proven medicines, needed surgeries etc etc. It might be that I helped a few at the time, but the frustration is that it makes no difference at all in the long run, as the hydra keeps growing new heads. Likely I should stay in the darkroom, and live my Talpid life there, ignoring the world above me. The chemicals and their scents are familiar and friendly, and we need only use our eyes for looking at what we have laboured to make.
And thus we have Émile Coué, Dale Carnegie, Tony Robbins et al.
Using the pronoun "we" often indicates deception and in this case you have included yourself as a huckster and/ or believer.* :P
*Feel free to ignore my analysis. I haven't got my certificate yet.

As an aside, given Content Analysis' use of pronouns as a tool in evaluating statements I wonder what they think of the current practice of xe/xir/they /them replacing he and she.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Joe Biden, speaking to MSNBC two days ago:
“Look, women are to be believed, given the benefit of the doubt. If they come forward and say something that is, that they said happened to them, they should start off with the presumption they’re telling the truth.”

Joe Biden, same interview:

“What I said during the Kavanaugh hearings was that she had a right to be heard, and the fact that she came forward, the presumption would be that she’s telling the truth, unless it’s proved that she wasn’t telling the truth, or not proved — unless it’s clear from the facts surrounding it it’s not the truth.”

full transcript:
nytimes.com/2020/05/01/us/politics/joe-biden-tara-reade-msnbc.html

https://i1.wp.com/media.breitbart.com/m ... 40x480.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Are we posting pop philosophy?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Someone's a little touchy. Exactly what did I say that got that pissy little response?
You pretended to be honestly interested in my thoughts on that particular subject, when you were really trying to lay a 'gotcha!' trap. Sadly, you couldn't even get the details right.

You seem to misinterpret what I write quite often
Incessant straw-manning requires no interpretation.
and really take it personal when someone disagrees with you.

You can chill out Brony and stop being so paranoid. I was seriously interested in how much credence you gave to this content analysis stuff. From what I've seen, some groups have it pegged as pseudoscience, some police forces have used it, and some countries even allow it to be entered into evidence in court.
My take on it was that it can give some insight into finding the truthfulness of statements but the content analysis course that is discussed in the blog you referenced has claims made about its accuracy by the originator Avinoam Sapir and the author of the post in question Peter Hyatt that I think are overblown.
You said (if I'm quoting you right) that it mattered who was doing the analysis. I kind of agree with it as I think that a person's objectivity or lack of would make a huge difference in the outcome.
They weren't "trick questions" and you really read the worst into my intentions as you have a fair amount lately.
You think I have changed for the worse in the last year and coincidentally I've gotten the same perception of you.
By the way, the reason I mistakenly thought Sapir had written the post in question is that I read through some of the posts in the blogs history that were all written by Sapir and mistakenly thought he was the sole author of the blog.
A classic actual example of what used to be thrown about on my behalf. “Motte and bailey.” Typically it was used when I defended myself against straw-manning.

“Seriously interested” :) Now behave!

If you’re gonna be a cunt at least own it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: I'm not snapping at you, MA...
I did not think you were - and in any case from what I can tell you have more things to worry about at the moment than my delicate sensibilities.

I still may ask you sometime about my feet though - the NHS don't have not been much help in the past - and are now actively encouraging people not to make appointments.

free thoughtpolice

Everything goes better with music:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote: I still may ask you sometime about my feet though...
Pes planus, based on your avatar.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Biden claims to have organized a boycott of a segregated restaurant in Wilmington called The Pit when he was in high school after the restaurant refused to serve a black member of his football team. “I organized a civil rights boycott because they wouldn’t serve black kids. One of our football players was black and we went there and they said they wouldn’t serve him. And I said to the others, ‘Hey, we can’t go in there.’ So we all left,” said Biden.

The football player contradicted Biden’s account and said Biden was not aware of the incident until later.

“They weren’t aware of what happened,” said the football player in 1987. “I was only 16 then. It was my problem and my battle for me to work out. They were oblivious to it until later.”

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: I still may ask you sometime about my feet though...
Pes planus, based on your avatar.
Seeing as the last physician I consulted thought it appropriate to suggest a couple of rounds of trepanation and then swallowing a live dormouse - I'm glad I sought a second opinion.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Get ya FG endorsed emergency 4wk food bin.

Apparently there is an 8 week back-order.

Looking at the food, it’s killer carb loaded shit. I’m not sure what to make of 40 servings of white rice, except it seems a slow and painful way to die.

https://mypatriotsupply.com/pages/rs-re ... aith.goldy

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The 2 week supply has 92 servings (2 people can eat three times a day and have six servings left over), whilst the 4 week supply has 282 servings, which means those two people can eat three times a day, and have 198 servings left over....I'm guessing a "serving" is not a meal. And looking at what's in it, I'm wondering whether you'll die of kwashiorkor or scurvy first.
Cheaper and better to have a basement like mine, full of beans, lentils, corn meal, flour and weevils. Mmmm...weevils

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: I can't imagine anyone takes 'content analysis' very seriously.
And yet the FBI and most police departments do.

A huge database exists of statements, interviews, 911 calls, etc. for which the speaker's guilt or innocence is known. By comparing the statements of the guilty vs. the innocent, stark trends are observed.

Contrast that with graphology, which cannot be so confirmed, and fails miserably whenever an anonymous writing sample is tested.

I think the problem here is that some of these self-proclaimed 'skeptics' are bashing a caricature of statement analysis, assigning to it claims the field does not make, much in the same way Peezus, et al. bash Evo Psych.

It's reading between the lines, and the problem with that is that you make up what is written between them.
It notes actual word and syntax choice. For example, when someone speaks of a missing loved one in the past tense, that is highly unusual and raises a red flag. Other flags include: unnecessary circumlocution when answering a straightforward question; more concern about what the public thinks of oneself vs. your loved one's safety.
It can seem clever and insightful, and maybe give sometimes a hint, but it is not anything like solid enough to be given in evidence
It should never be admissible as evidence in court. Again, it raises red flags so investigators can either more carefully scrutinize, or rule out, a suspect. So yes, hints, but no one word or phrase is ever a slam dunk.

An interesting recent case involved Shane Casey, the "fiancé" {sic} of Heidi Broussard, who'd gone missing with her newborn baby. In two public interviews and several conducted by the police, Casey raised pretty much every red flag imaginable. Turns out Broussard's BFF had kidnapped her and the baby, murdered Heidi and tried to pass the infant off as her own. So Casey was innocent. But he'd also been lying about many things, including the true nature of his and Broussard's relationship, and his actions and whereabouts the day she disappeared. The statement [and body language] analysis detected someone amiss, but it cannot be, and should not be relied on as, a simple guilty/innocent detector.

you'd do as well to have a water-diviner wrestle her hazelwood twig over the testimony and pronounce it true or false.
The question, 'did you have sex with your intern?' should be answered:
'No, I did not have sex with my intern', not variously:

'She's not even my type'
'I'm not that kind of a person'
'Why would you even think I'd be capable of that?'
'That* never happened'
[* with 'that' denoting a narrowly-defined act that can be prima facie denied]

I myself can prima facie truly state: "I taught two classes at Harvard" and "I had a romantic relationship with Ann Coulter". But they are misleading phrased as such, and you'd do well to press me on the details.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The question, 'did you have sex with your intern?' should be answered:

'She's not even my type'
'That* never happened'
I constantly interact with-- and am frustrated by-- people who have adopted runaround bullshit nonsense ways of talking-- as their main or only mode.
I struggle with it myself.

I don't think they could turn it off, no matter what was at stake. Look at all the people on Judge Judy on TV-- who can't directly answer the question they are
asked/ or wait their turn to talk-- even when the facts of the case are in their favor.

It's hard to tell whether a habitual confused-talker is obfuscating. It's like Poe's Law.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Usually-- I work 5 or 10 days per month. I go weeks without work, not worrying much about it. This has caused me to treat the Covid Lockdown as business-as-usual. In my head-- I know the fluffy publicity events I work-- are a dead business. In my gut?-- No sense of urgency.

I've saved enough money to coast a few months. But then nothing to my name. I expected to file for Unemployment Benefits-- maybe experience a delay-- but eventually get months of 'free money'. I filed. I'm able to access a 'Submission Confirmed' page. Then nothing. Navigating the govt website leads to Error Messages-- which are unsettling because the Error Message wording doesn't match the tasks I'm attempting.

I'm beginning to question whether those benefits will actually ever arrive. And how long will they wait to tell me I'm declined?!
I know millions of people are in the same limbo as me.

What happens when people realize no one is coming to rescue them? Politicians and government officials are too corrupt & incompetent to do it, if they tried.

I lived in a van-- and slept on the street when I lost the van. I've scrapped by with very little. It's familiar/ not an unknown abyss.

But other people are going to freak out. I predict lone crazies with guns-- or mass street riots-- acting from anxious frustration/ even if food shortages or personal ruin don't actually materialize.

I don't think the TV news or politicians 'get' the stress people are feeling... or will soon-feel. And not having your concerns acknowledged by 'the powers that be'-- is itself disconcerting.

Maybe I'm wrong. The pit is my 'social media' access. Can those of you on Twitter or Facebook or whatever-- tell me how people-you-know are talking about what's going on?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Young Turks don’t have the national exposure they truly deserve

And the scientific method played out in real time.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog wrote: Usually-- I work 5 or 10 days per month. I go weeks without work, not worrying much about it. This has caused me to treat the Covid Lockdown as business-as-usual. In my head-- I know the fluffy publicity events I work-- are a dead business. In my gut?-- No sense of urgency.

I've saved enough money to coast a few months. But then nothing to my name. I expected to file for Unemployment Benefits-- maybe experience a delay-- but eventually get months of 'free money'. I filed. I'm able to access a 'Submission Confirmed' page. Then nothing. Navigating the govt website leads to Error Messages-- which are unsettling because the Error Message wording doesn't match the tasks I'm attempting.

I'm beginning to question whether those benefits will actually ever arrive. And how long will they wait to tell me I'm declined?!

What happens when people realize no one is coming to rescue them? Politicians and government officials are too corrupt & incompetent to do it, if they tried.

I lived in a van-- and slept on the street when I lost the van. I've scrapped by with very little. It's familiar/ not an unknown abyss.

But other people are going to freak out. I predict lone crazies with guns-- or mass street riots-- acting from anxious frustration/ even if food shortages or personal ruin don't actually materialize.

I don't think the TV news or politicians 'get' the stress people are feeling... or will soon-feel. And not having your concerns acknowledged by 'the powers that be'-- is itself disconcerting.

Maybe I'm wrong. The pit is my 'social media' access. Can those of you on Twitter or Facebook or whatever-- tell me how people-you-know are talking about what's going on?
Take a dekko at nakedcapitalism.com. Fairly radical, especially some commenters, but generally cogent and relatively polite.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote: Usually-- I work 5 or 10 days per month. I go weeks without work, not worrying much about it. This has caused me to treat the Covid Lockdown as business-as-usual. In my head-- I know the fluffy publicity events I work-- are a dead business. In my gut?-- No sense of urgency.

It is a good thing to be versatile. Maybe there are other opportunities?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... n_farm.jpg
Skeptic of The Year~~~~ !!!

The President of Tanzania was sent foreign aid-- in the form of Covid-19 testing kits.

Before allowing the tests to be used on his people, he tested a goat, a sheep and a pawpaw fruit.

The goat and the pawpaw tested positive.
"There is something happening. I said before we should not accept that every aid is meant to be good for this nation," Magufuli said, adding the kits should be investigated.

On Saturday, Magufuli announced that he had placed an order for a herbal treatment for the coronavirus touted by the president of Madagascar.

"I have already written to Madagascar's president and we will soon dispatch a plane to fetch the medicine so that Tanzania can also benefit from it," he said.

The herbal remedy, called "Covid Organics" and prepared by the Malagasy Institute for Applied Research, is made out of Artemisia, a plant cultivated on the Indian Ocean island of Madagascar.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/ ... 00809.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Historically significant 1: Nazi shit
Historically significant 2: survived the YouTube purge through adroit use of foreign alphabet

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Service Dog wrote: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... n_farm.jpg

The President of Tanzania was sent foreign aid-- in the form of Covid-19 testing kits.

Before allowing the tests to be used on his people, he tested a goat, a sheep and a pawpaw fruit.

"There is something happening. I said before we should not accept that every aid is meant to be good for this nation," Magufuli said, adding the kits should be investigated.

On Saturday, Magufuli announced that he had placed an order for a herbal treatment for the coronavirus touted by the president of Madagascar.

"I have already written to Madagascar's president and we will soon dispatch a plane to fetch the medicine so that Tanzania can also benefit from it," he said.

The herbal remedy, called "Covid Organics" and prepared by the Malagasy Institute for Applied Research, is made out of Artemisia, a plant cultivated on the Indian Ocean island of Madagascar.
Whilst the 'herbal remedy' sounds like woo, it may actually have some effect. Artemisia is the original source of Artemisinin, which, as well as being used as an antimalarial, has derivatives which suppress autoimmune responses. For one of them:

"Experiments in animal models have given good results. It can regulate T cell subsets, inhibit the activation of B cells, block the production of inflammatory cytokines and NF-κB signal transduction pathway."

I don't know whether artemisinin itself, or the (presumably) crude stuff in the herbal remedy have a similar effect, but it's not outside the realms of possibility. A cursory google found a report that A. annua and artemininin derivatives are to be tested against CoViD19.

Pseudomonas

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A beautiful homage to 19C German Unification

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This week on Twitter.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I sense the general consensus is that during an election year it will be funny money to the rescue. I’d be more sanguinary if it was 2021.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: nakedcapitalism.com. Fairly radical, especially some commenters, but generally cogent and relatively polite.
Thanks. I disagree with many of their points, but at least their analysis goes-beyond 'Trump bad' ad nauseam.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:48 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The question, 'did you have sex with your intern?' should be answered:

'She's not even my type'
'That* never happened'
I constantly interact with-- and am frustrated by-- people who have adopted runaround bullshit nonsense ways of talking-- as their main or only mode.
I struggle with it myself.

I don't think they could turn it off, no matter what was at stake. Look at all the people on Judge Judy on TV-- who can't directly answer the question they are
asked/ or wait their turn to talk-- even when the facts of the case are in their favor.

It's hard to tell whether a habitual confused-talker is obfuscating. It's like Poe's Law.
I feel the same. The supposed evasiveness or unconscious speech patterns so frequently pointed out as indicators of guilt are things that I would do myself out of a spergy urge toward precision and to cover all of the bases. Providing too much information can be more of an indicator of neuroticism and expectation of words being mis-construed than anything else. Same thing applies to psychological state. Some people are just naturally going to be defensive and flustered when put on the spot. I would think you'd need to establish an unfeasible amount of individual baselines before drawing any conclusions.

Having said that, I can't believe Biden is still in the running even without the Reade allegations. He is fundamentally flawed on so many levels. He is undoubtedly corrupt, frequently confused and particularly brusque in his defensiveness. His claim to have been against the Iraq war is a prime example of his dishonesty. He aggressively undermined a weapons inspector who wanted time to prove that Hussein was in compliance. The administration clearly wanted a war whatever the facts and Biden was complicit in the effort. The pattern of corruption surrounding his career is fairly clear. Perhaps not unprecedented in a politician, but a presidential candidate needs some outstanding redeeming qualities to counterbalance their flaws and Biden has nothing.

John D

Post by John D »

I keep preaching to my family.... It goes like this. Don't ever talk to the cops. Don't tell them anything. Anything you say will be used to try to catch you in a lie so they can prosecute you. Let them arrest you so you can get a nice settlement when they behave illegally (which they do most of the time). There was a recent case where a couple was arrested when the cops thought their loose tea was pot. They took home $150k! That's a good payday.

I know this poor young lady is in Canada so she is probably just screwed. Love those Canadians eh?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:58 pm
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... n_farm.jpg

They forgot to mention that the testing kits are Chinese. There's a reason shoddy products get dismissed with the the phrase "it's China" around here. I don't think the CCP give a crap about the quality of the kits as their only objective is the PR value of being seen to provide aid and they despise foreigners anyway, particularly Africans.

I have questions. Was the goat actually infection free? How good are Tanzanian testing protocols?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I have questions. Was the goat actually infection free? How good are Tanzanian testing protocols?
On one hand, I'm disinclined to take the word of an African President at face value.

On the other hand-- he has a phd in Chemistry.
And he cancelled his country's funds for observing World AIDS Day-- redirecting the money to buy AIDS medication.
And cancelled Independence Day celebrations-- redirecting the money to fight cholera.

Then again-- his anti-gay policies are extremely extreme. Maybe he considers that a part of 'fighting AIDS'.

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
I keep preaching to my family.... It goes like this. Don't ever talk to the cops. Don't tell them anything. Anything you say will be used to try to catch you in a lie so they can prosecute you. Let them arrest you so you can get a nice settlement when they behave illegally (which they do most of the time). There was a recent case where a couple was arrested when the cops thought their loose tea was pot. They took home $150k! That's a good payday.

I know this poor young lady is in Canada so she is probably just screwed. Love those Canadians eh?
Everyone, EVERYONE needs to watch this:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:12 pm
Usually-- I work 5 or 10 days per month. I go weeks without work, not worrying much about it. This has caused me to treat the Covid Lockdown as business-as-usual. In my head-- I know the fluffy publicity events I work-- are a dead business. In my gut?-- No sense of urgency.

Worrying as I'm sure the issues are to you, I have to say 1st World problems. South Africa had an unemployment rate of 30%, absolute minimum, before the pandemic, a practically bankrupt government, disorganised and shoddy public health provision and lots of unrest. The government decided with it's usual brilliance to implement a strict lockdown that half of the country is effectively unable to adhere to. They promised food aid, but they don't have the money to feed everyone and it is mostly distributed by their corrupt ANC local officials who are not shy about taking food out of the parcels and using food aid as political bribes. Then you have the situation of the poor whites in squatter camps who have had little hope of employment because of explicitly racist employment laws. It is always denied by pointing to the contradicting legislation, but there is a definite bias against white people when it comes to state aid. There are some very bitter senior officials in the ANC who resent any cent given to whites. Every now and then one of them says something shockingly bigoted but they are almost immune to the hate speech laws which are so readily wielded against white people and sometimes political enemies of the ANC. The Human Rights Commission here actually said that there should be a higher bar for hate speech complaints by whites.

That is the backdrop to the lockdown. There are white camps and even mostly white orphanages getting no government emergency food aid. Probably black communities too, but for different reasons. So white community groups and churches have taken it upon themselves to deliver food parcels. The result, government insistence that all aid be delivered to government centres and distributed from there. I know of at least one instance where the police confiscated hundreds of parcels being delivered to starving whites. People are in danger of starvation and willing donors are being stopped from helping them. The government will no doubt point to legislation prohibiting aid from being provided on a racial basis, knowing full well that they do the same themselves and that the official channels will neglect those races. And as for help for small business, you only qualify for help if your business is at least 51% black. It's such black economic empowerment bullshit that has enabled Ramaphosa and his cronies to leech billions from business by becoming deadweight partners. It is a form of blackmail. 200 Cuban doctors were brought in to help with the pandemic to great fanfare. There are a great many more white and Indian doctors than that who qualified overseas because they weren't black enough to get into med school and have been denied certification because of some bogus road block thrown in their way. Racial animosity trumps national interest.

As for what constitutes a government food parcel, it would give Brive nightmares. Typically stuff like Maize meal porridge, maize meal flour, samp (dried corn kernels), white sugar and tinned pilchards. My teeth would fall out on that diet.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tulsi Gabbard, who's no longer running for president, but is still either recruiting for her cult or aiming to become a fitness guru, posted this on May the Fourth :

tulsi_star_wars.jpg
(85.01 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

:doh:

She claimed during the campaign she was being muzzled, guess this is the proof.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: A beautiful homage to 19C German Unification

I read somewhere, maybe Douglas Bader's book, that the POWs used to sing Deutschland unter alles just to piss off the guards.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Isn't she a little short to be a stormtrooper?
:lol: :rimshot:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I feel the same. The supposed evasiveness or unconscious speech patterns so frequently pointed out as indicators of guilt are things that I would do myself out of a spergy urge toward precision and to cover all of the bases. Providing too much information can be more of an indicator of neuroticism and expectation of words being mis-construed than anything else.
What I suspect you have in mind would not be considered significant in statement analysis. An example of what is:

If your wife had gone missing and you had no idea what happened and were very very worried, when the police ask, 'tell us about the day your wife disappeared', you'd focus on every out-of-the-ordinary thing you could think of. If you'd murdered your wife and dumped the body, when the police ask, 'tell us about the day your wife disappeared', you'd stress what a normal day it had been, and describe in detail your normal routine -- minutia of no help to the folks trying to find your wife.

Chris Watts' interviews contain classic examples of the types of red flags investigators spot. Contrast to the 911 from Faye Marie Swetlik's mother.
I would think you'd need to establish an unfeasible amount of individual baselines before drawing any conclusions.
Would every 911 call ever suffice?

But in any case, the distinctions between statements from the guilty vs. the innocent are so stark, and so uniform, false positives or false negatives are very rare. Once again, to emphasize, statement analysis is used to determine how to allocate investigative resources, not to decide guilt or innocence per se.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 3:56 pm
But in any case, the distinctions between statements from the guilty vs. the innocent are so stark, and so uniform, false positives or false negatives are very rare. Once again, to emphasize, statement analysis is used to determine how to allocate investigative resources, not to decide guilt or innocence per se.
Determining how to allocate resources is a way of effectively deciding that some people are innocent. Also, human nature being what it is, investigators are going to work very hard, perhaps too hard, to make a case against one of the remainder despite their awareness of that particular pitfall. Anything short of concrete evidence that causes investigators to narrow their focus too much is bound to result in erroneous convictions or prosecutorial failures. Time and again review of known false convictions shows the police missing important evidence because they've become fixated on an individual. Resources not being infinite, perhaps it is the only practical way for the police to operate.

How is the reliability of statement analysis determined? I would hope that only instances where convictions were based on indisputable evidence were included in the statistics. While I once would have assumed that, experience has proven that to be naive.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: How is the reliability of statement analysis determined? I would hope that only instances where convictions were based on indisputable evidence were included in the statistics.
By exactly that.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Remember Dr. Judy A. Mikovits and Abby exposing her?

Welp, she is back.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

AndrewV69 wrote: Remember Dr. Judy A. Mikovits and Abby exposing her?

Welp, she is back.

I raised this here a little while back (and no one answered my call :( ) as a contact on LinkedIn was touting it and I was arguing (with evidence) against her martyrdom and St Rosalind status.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: 200 Cuban doctors were brought in to help with the pandemic to great fanfare. There are a great many more white and Indian doctors than that who qualified overseas because they weren't black enough to get into med school and have been denied certification because of some bogus road block thrown in their way.
I'm afraid Canada aggressively recruited docs from SA, to the extent that one third of the doctors in Saskatchewan are SA ex-pats.

ThreeFlangedJavis

screwtape wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:59 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: 200 Cuban doctors were brought in to help with the pandemic to great fanfare. There are a great many more white and Indian doctors than that who qualified overseas because they weren't black enough to get into med school and have been denied certification because of some bogus road block thrown in their way.
I'm afraid Canada aggressively recruited docs from SA, to the extent that one third of the doctors in Saskatchewan are SA ex-pats.
South Africa's shortage of doctors is self-inflicted. The government doesn't use the talent pool available for ideological reasons and mismanagement and corruption create difficult working conditions. If I were a Canadian with an eye on a medical career I'd be more critical of the Canadian government though. They are obviously taking the lazy, short-sighted route and relying on immigration to make up for their failure to train enough local talent, as is the case with the UK. Far easier to import the talent and convince your population that diversity is their strength and migration is inevitable and beneficial to the country. I don't recall if the #ClapForMeNow campaign was raised on the Pit. Supposedly a celebration of non-white immigrant NHS staff and their "heroism", it was more than implicitly an insult to British society. Essentially the bigoted and incapable British were supposed to be grateful to these immigrants who have rescued them from themselves. I have no animosity toward anyone legally taking advantage of NHS staff shortages to better their own lives, but at least be honest that that's what you are doing. Make out that you are graciously lending your time to the NHS and I'm sure people will be quite willing to see you fuck off back to where you came from.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Dr. Judy A. Mikovits
Ben Garrison book cover blurb !!!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Remember Dr. Judy A. Mikovits and Abby exposing her?
By the way-- two of my gf's facebook friends-- one Republican/ one Democrat-- shared a viral video interview with Mikovitz, yesterday.

#ContactTracing #MikovitsIsStillaCunt