You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Service Dog »

Here's an article, allegedly written by an ex-cop from a major California city.

I think it's fishy-- that an actual cop would fully-embrace the 'white supremacy' rhetoric of BLM & critical race theory-- but white guilt makes white people say weird shit. Who knows? Might be legit. Maybe he wants to be the next Smedley "War Is A Racket" Butler.

I like the long list of ways cops lie. I like the list of things which won't-work, to fix policing. He gets enough stuff right-- that it [almost] doesn't matter if he isn't really a cop.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CHOP gets the chop:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-will ... mayor-says

Does that make Jenny Durkan a 'chop girl'? [Special prize for anyone who gets that reference.]

Please, find some island and put all these Occupy/Antifa/anarchist fools on it and let it all play out -- with lots of cameras so it can be a reality TV show. Set them up with stocks of supplies and shit, and the fucktards will still devolve into FUBAR within a matter of days.

Keep filming as they resort to cannibalism to avoid starvation. Great way to cull the herd.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: How about you track down those stats?
I gave it half-assed shot, before I posted my previous reply to you.

Plenty of dead-ends, like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... -database/

Another one only covers 812 cases in 17 states over a handful of years, but at least it breaks down the deaths into interesting categories...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... objectonly
Primary cause of fatal injury:
 Firearm 760 (93.6)
 Motor vehicle 11 (1.4)
 Personal weapons (e.g., fist) 10 (1.2)
 Blunt/sharp instrument 9 (1.1)
 Suffocation/strangulation 3 (0.4)
 Fall 2 (0.3)
 Other/unknown 16 (2.0)
=

Your '9 Lives' point dovetails with my opinion-- I think the high-profile deaths are a sideshow, overblown, a distraction from the vast assortment of daily police excesses.

But I do think it will strengthen your case-- to not mistake 9 shootings for the total annual number of police _killings_ of unarmed people.
Okay, so c. 94% were by firearms. Let's say at best one other unarmed black perp was killed last year.

To be clear: all armed perps deserve to die. They are an immediate, deadly threat to others, and the only effective way to neutralize that threat is to continue to pump lead into their center body mass until they stop moving.

Last year, nine -- let's say ten -- unarmed blacks were killed by police. Out of 34 million blacks in the country. Seven were in the midst of commiting a violent crime. But even if all ten were unjustified, how the hell can any sane rational person consider that sufficient evidence of eother systemic racism or systemic brutality?

I get that you're a libertarian and so have a priori perceptions about any government power. But I'll only entertain arguments that are grounded in hard data. Not anecdotes, not ideology, not knee-jerk emo reaction. Data.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: But even if all ten were unjustified, how the hell can any sane rational person consider that sufficient evidence of either systemic racism or systemic brutality?
I don't think you understand my position at-all, if you think I'm the right guy to argue in-favor of that proposition.

I basically agree with you-- very few unarmed blacks are killed by cops/ most of those killings were by-the-book/ activists are lying when they pretend racist cops are ignoring the rules to murder harmless blacks in droves.

I really-was trying to help hone your argument-- make it stronger-- by asking whether you were mixing-up police 'shootings' with 'killings'. Seemed to me-- you left yourself open to being disregarded because George Floyd Wasn't Shot.

In the same spirit-- I'd advise you not to say unarmed black "perps" --interchangeably with unarmed black _people_. Breonna Taylor Wasn't A Perp.

=

I think the people out marching, shouting, setting stores on fire-- are acting-out about the wrong shit. They shouldn't fixate on the sensational freak-occurrences-- where police go off-script and kill somebody. They should focus on the police department which devotes man-power to visiting auto mechanics and ticketing-them if they don't have an air compressor license... because devoting manpower to busting-up a cocaine-dealer-gang means exposing the cops to hard-work and danger, with no guaranteed revenue.

The recent example is so clear: Cops shooting Rayshard Brooks after he attacked them at the Wendy's Drive-thru-- isn't a problem.
Corrupt incompetent unjust District Attorney Paul Howard-- serving for six terms-- presiding over countless cases-- is a big problem.

=

And I really really don't give a rat's ass about racism. Activists need to focus on where the system malfunctions. Not on whether the malfunction was secretly 'motivated' by sinful thoughts in someone's heart-of-hearts. Ironically, not focusing on the possible-racism also provides the most actual-help to the presumptive racism-victims.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

NYT Is Threatening My Safety By Revealing My Real Name, So I Am Deleting The Blog

I hope that won't last, but it seems an NYT reporter is all set to doxx Scott Alexander's real name and thus screw up his career as a psychiatrist. Self-important assholes.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: CHOP gets the chop:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-will ... mayor-says

Please, find some island and put all these Occupy/Antifa/anarchist fools on it and let it all play out
I also have some ideas involving a methane digester in the basement.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

24 shootings in nyc-- in the last 3 weeks. Highest rate since 1996.

Over 8,000 fireworks complaints in the same period.
Police and city officials urge complainants to 'approach the culprits themselves' and try "community policing".

--New York Post

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Here's an article about comedian Chris D'Elia & the sexual misconduct allegations against him.

This article is the most blatant example I've seen-- of throwing everything-but-the-kitchen-sink at someone.

I don't like D'Elia's demeanor. I find it easy to believe he did the things he's accused-of.

But this article attempts to attach D'Elia to the Shitty Media Men list, 1700 rape kits left untested by police over 30 years, alleged 'racists' exposed by SJW vigilantes via bogus social media accounts, the ousting of 'racists' at Bon Appetit and Refinery29, the police system's "brutality and racism"...

what else? The assassination of Archduke Ferdinand? The Lindbergh baby kidnapping? Al Capone's vault?

I think the exact same article could have been written-- and wasn't-- about the many kids Joe Biden sniffed & the (dubious) Tara Reade rape allegation.

And, in Joe Biden's case, there would have been a lot more grounds to say he's actually-somehow connected to police policy and 'systemic' racism.

https://mashable.com/article/chris-deli ... rk-me-too/

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

New from Cathy Young:

The witch hunts of the left revive Soviet ghosts

https://forward.com/opinion/449301/the- ... et-ghosts/

In fact, after the end of the Stalin era, relatively few dissenters in the Soviet Union went to prison, except for chronic troublemakers and those involved in organized activism. Mostly, the punishment for “thoughtcrime” was social ostracism and loss of access to respectable work or education — in other words, a pattern very similar to our current “cancel culture.” More common than being shipped off to a Gulag was the fate of a former journalist my parents knew in the late 1970s, who was hauling heavy loads for a living because he spoke against the 1968 Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia at an office meeting. In the milder, post-Stalin phases of the Soviet regime, you had to be an actual dissenter to be punished by either prison or ostracism — in contrast to the Stalin era, when you could end up in the Gulag for unintentional missteps (like the father of one of my mother’s co-workers, arrested because he was overheard saying that Stalin sounded tired in a radio address).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote: NYT Is Threatening My Safety By Revealing My Real Name, So I Am Deleting The Blog

I hope that won't last, but it seems an NYT reporter is all set to doxx Scott Alexander's real name and thus screw up his career as a psychiatrist. Self-important assholes.
Yeah, I just read that and was depressed. The people who think they are "sooper 'leet journos" are basically just another layer of entitles assholes who (ab)use their platforms. They are basically uber-Karens AFAIAC.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mandatory face masks in Oregon county -- "people of color" are exempt:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon-co ... j7xdJXQ-kM

https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/sites/defa ... 6-2020.pdf

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

TIL: no woman has ever committed a murder or sexual assault:

Flood.png
(74.06 KiB) Downloaded 503 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

How the West was lost.

Multi national producers of commercial drugs of dependence.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Apparently the "noose" found in Bubba's NASCAR garage has been there for nearly a year (verified by video), and was actually a pull handle for the garage door. Bubba only got assigned the garage last week.

Bubba sez:
"It was a noose," he told CNN. "Whether tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. So, it wasn't directed at me but somebody tied a noose. That's what I'm saying."
Someone else sez:
Wood Brothers Racing were the last team to occupy the garage and they released a statement saying an employee had remembered seeing a "tied handle" on the garage door last October.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Ron Jeremy charged with rape.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53159576
He's fucked like 18,000 women, but needed three more no matter what?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That was my thought. It's all Patriarchy and Power...

John D

Post by John D »

The latest ride at Disney's Negroland... "The Hall of Fake Hate Crimes"

John D

Post by John D »

Disney announces new rules at "Negroland". All non-negros must wear facemasks.... even after the pandemic is over... in solidarity to negros who wear masks to hide their identity when stealing shit.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Notorious White Supremacist PZ Myers tells BLM activist Shaun King to "shut up" and calls him a grifter.
http://archive.is/DLnXs
No word yet on whether he is planning on joining the Slymepit.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Dildo Bugger
Soddit.

Also Denny O'Neil also - if anyone is keeping score.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Back when I was in elementary school there was a kid who was always tying knots. It was his thing. He had a couple of books about it. You name it, he could tie it.

Including, of course, nooses. Kids being the morbid sorts they are, nooses were frequently requested, and supplied. Or he'd happily show you how to tie them yourself. With the regulation 13 loops or whatever they're called.

So there were nooses around. Tied by a kid who, as it happened, wasn't white.

And nobody gave a damn.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That is frickin' awesome. Caused me to unbelt my wallet and throw 'em a few bucks...

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Lsuoma wrote: Apparently the "noose" found in Bubba's NASCAR garage has been there for nearly a year (verified by video), and was actually a pull handle for the garage door. Bubba only got assigned the garage last week.

Bubba sez:
"It was a noose," he told CNN. "Whether tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. So, it wasn't directed at me but somebody tied a noose. That's what I'm saying."
Someone else sez:
Wood Brothers Racing were the last team to occupy the garage and they released a statement saying an employee had remembered seeing a "tied handle" on the garage door last October.
"Sometimes a noose is just a noose". Was it even a noose? I have seen different reports, some saying it was a hand loop (implying it was not an actual noose), some saying it was an actual noose. If it was an actual noose it would not have worked as a hand loop since a noose is a slip knot.

Do people even know what an actual noose is? It is not any loop in a piece of rope. It is a specific knot. I don't think people do know what a noose is since the incident in Oakland involved hand loops as well:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireSto ... n-71314468

This looks to me like a shortage of real nooses leading to taking any loop in rope as a noose.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Glenn Loury: 'We're Being Swept Along by Hysteria' About Racism in America

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

As a boy scout, my patrol used a noose as our flag. It was my idea. I named us Roughneck Patrol (after Starship Troopers). The symbolism was supposed to suggest we were a bunch of renegades with our necks roughened by the hangman's noose. Needless to say, we were total nerds.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

May go for a walk near the White Cliffs this weekend.

Bluebirds optional. But they probably always were. (Doubly so since not many have seen the point of mentioning the passing of Dame V.L.).

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

PZ's woke, well-informed, pro-BLM commenters... haven't heard of Shaun King.

PZ sees No Problem in a shrine to Robert E. Lee... beyond the shrine's location.

PZ thinks the blacks who deface, burn, & loot private property-- are wrong wrong wrong.

PZ does not care that We Are Living On Stolen Land. PZ reifies the white-supremacist redlined privatized property BORDERS, and the Christian missionary colonizers, and their monuments.

Mníssota is Dakota Sioux for 'Cloudy Water'.
The federal government and state in the 19th century had programs to try to assimilate Native Americans to the majority culture. The Sisters of Mercy Roman Catholic order, led by Sister Mary Joseph Lynch, established a boarding school for Indians in Morris, operating it from 1887 until 1896 under contract to the federal government. Initially most students came from Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians, which had many Catholic converts. The Morris Industrial School for Indians was to prepare students for jobs in the industrializing culture.[11]

The federal government then appointed staff to manage the school into the early 20th century, before transferring it to the state. After the state took over the school in the early 20th century for general education, it taught agricultural topics. Agriculture has continued to be a major part of the economy. In 1909 the University of Minnesota established the West Central School of Agriculture (WCSA), and Morris closed.[11]

When the state announced a phase-out plan for Morris and similar agricultural schools, a grassroots citizens movement convinced the state to establish a public college on the Morris campus

Morris Minnesota is in Stevens County, named for Isaac Stevens:
He was a controversial and polarizing figure as governor of the Washington Territory, where he was both praised and condemned. He was described by one historian as the subject of more reflection and study than almost the rest of the territory's 19th-century history combined. Stevens' marathon diplomacy with Native American tribes sought to avoid military conflict in Washington; however, when the Yakama War broke out as Native Americans resisted European encroachment, he prosecuted it mercilessly. His decision to rule by martial law, jail judges who opposed him, and raise a de facto personal army led to his conviction for contempt of court, for which he famously pardoned himself, and a rebuke from the President of the United States.
Stevens married Margaret Hazard, and named their son Hazard Stevens. The Hazard family are of course the preeminent nascar/general lee/ confederate flag racists.

John D

Post by John D »

I'm gonna go sleep on the ground in my tiny tent right on the shore of Lake Michigan on Saturday. I will be joining a few friends. We know of a rustic area on Lake Michigan that is only a 2 mile hike. I can't tell you where it is. We have made an oath to keep this as quiet as possible.... it's like Fight Club.... no one talks about Fight Club.

No media... no racism... no bitches. Just drinks and waves. Best place on earth.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

More protests recently. This one is interesting. Protests happened after he was arrested:

https://madison.com/wsj/business/state- ... -top-story
Police said, and videos showed, Johnson entered the patio of Coopers Tavern with a bullhorn and armed with a baseball bat. Johnson then followed a white customer inside the restaurant, calling him a racist through the bullhorn and using profanities, the video shows. When Johnson was confronted by police officers, a struggle ensued and at one point he escaped out of a squad car before two officers tackled him.

But several business owners and the head of a Downtown business organization said the disturbance at Coopers Tavern was not an isolated incident. They said Johnson and others entered multiple businesses on State Street on Monday and Tuesday, played loud music, called business owners racists, threatened to burn buildings, demanded free food and drinks and knocked over patio chairs and tables.
He was just being an anti-racist.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote: Protests happened after he was arrested:
The 'protests' in response to that arrest included tearing down a statue depicting Progress, and one of an abolitionist & prison reformer killed in the civil war.

The protesters are quite articulate in explaining their insane thoughts:

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/crim ... bbee4.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Unilever renames "Fair & Lovely" skin whitener: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53178088

Wouldn't the proper thing to do be to stop selling it?

Also, if black is so great, who uses these things?

free thoughtpolice

Florida Woman trying to outdo Florida Man.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Florida Woman trying to outdo Florida Man.
Sorry, nudity has to be involved for it to be a proper Florida Man. Like this:
http://veronews.com/2014/06/30/naked-ma ... ep-father/

5G rants aren't an acceptable substitute.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Even better:

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Daily Mail had photo of the actual NASCAR noose:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/06/25 ... 312802.jpg

That does look like a noose to me. I wonder what the other pull ropes look like? I'm surprised no one has shown whether they are all like that or just the one. Since it was there for a long time it was obviously not tied specifically for Bubba. I suspect a bored person decided to re-tie the loop on that door at some point in the past.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That picture is a shoop. Look at all the editing artifacts:
nooseshoop.png
(224.39 KiB) Downloaded 294 times

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

The Ahmaud Arbery case has been largely eclipsed in the media by the George Floyd case, but the grand jury returned full slate indictments for the McMichaels and William Bryan, the driver of the following vehicle.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... aud-arbery

The fact that Bryan ludicrously got exactly the same indictments as the McMichaels, including murder, shows that the grand jury was playing 'we don't want no trouble' and just rubber stamped whatever the prosecutor wanted.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

jugheadnaut wrote: The Ahmaud Arbery case has been largely eclipsed in the media by the George Floyd case, but the grand jury returned full slate indictments for the McMichaels and William Bryan, the driver of the following vehicle.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... aud-arbery

The fact that Bryan ludicrously got exactly the same indictments as the McMichaels, including murder, shows that the grand jury was playing 'we don't want no trouble' and just rubber stamped whatever the prosecutor wanted.
Make sure you are ready to shelter in place. If anyone gets acquitted there will be protests, and it sounds like one of them might be overcharged. I'm afraid that may happen in the Floyd case as well.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/06 ... -shor.html

The modern American Red Guard rears its head in the worst way since the Evergreen riots:
  • A Progressive data analyst named David Shor tweets a citation, from a paper by a black researcher no less, concluding violent riots hurt the electoral prospects of the rioters, while peaceful protest helps
  • Support for rioting has apparently become dogma on the left, and a high progressive stack Democratic Party consultant named Ari Trujillo Wesler gets into a short Twitter exchange with him, calling his implied criticism of rioting anti-black and alerting his boss
  • He gets fired the next day
  • A listserv for progressive data analysts called Progressphiles, where both involved are members, goes on the warpath in support of Wesler, and removes Shor. They claim data is irrelevant in the face of hurt POC feelings and deference must always be given to progressive POC opinions.
Unlike Evergreen, this is no rabble of over-zealous college students from a fifth rate college. These are adults, the majority of whom apparently work as professional analysts/consultants for Democratic Party affiliated organizations. And they've gone full Maoist: evidence and reason are to be profoundly distrusted, while testimonies of 'lived experience' of individuals from 'marginalized groups' is the only path to truth, and the more marginalized, the stronger the argument.

If I were a campaign manager for a Democratic politician, I'd have to really wonder about the quality of data analytics I'm getting from people I'm paying who proudly put ideology ahead of objective truth. But my main concern is that the coming election could easily lead to this detritus being sprinkled through positions of power throughout the executive branch starting next year.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote: Daily Mail had photo of the actual NASCAR noose:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/06/25 ... 312802.jpg

That does look like a noose to me. I wonder what the other pull ropes look like?

That photo relies on dick pic photography techniques.
https://estaticos.sport.es/resources/jp ... 869295.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Wanna buy a bridge?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

"Phelps outlined specific steps NASCAR would take moving forward. It includes sensitivity and unconscious bias training for all members of the industry..."

:/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

justinvacula wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:01 pm
Glenn Loury: 'We're Being Swept Along by Hysteria' About Racism in America

I've been listening to Glenn Loury for a while now on the 'Blogging Heads TV' YouTube channel.

It seems fairly unlikely that he will convince anyone that does not already agree with him.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

MarcusAu wrote:
I've been listening to Glenn Loury for a while now on the 'Blogging Heads TV' YouTube channel.
I have as well. Back to the days he was vlogging mostly as a namby-pamby center-left economist who only rarely touched on racial issues, and I was listening mainly to get a contrary viewpoint to my own.
MarcusAu wrote: It seems fairly unlikely that he will convince anyone that does not already agree with him.
Why do you say that? Is it a perceived shortcoming in his arguments? Is it his rhetorical style, which is showing increasing annoyance and even rage at the young black identitarians he and John McWhorter call 'the three names crowd'. Or is it the intransigence of those that do not already agree with him?

Would you say the same about Coleman Hughes, who makes similar arguments but with calmer rhetorical stylings? I believe Hughes has said he was influenced by Loury.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

justinvacula wrote: "Phelps outlined specific steps NASCAR would take moving forward. It includes sensitivity and unconscious bias training for all members of the industry..."
https://images.creativemarket.com/0.1.0 ... aa97af18fe

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

I have also been listening to him. His conversations with John McWhorter are excellent he does a good job pf playing devil's advocate.

Let me mention Thomas Sowell's Black Rednecks... book. It goes a long way to explaining things ("black culture" is really redneck culture).

Also, since BLM wants to dismantle capitalism among other things, what's with all of the corporations getting behind them? Do they think they will be protected after the revolution?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Previous comment: "him" = Glenn Loury.

I was thinking about Black Lives Matter. I think it is a smart trick: when you get someone to repeat "black lives matter" they could be saying that the lives of black people matter, or they could be saying they support the organization named Black Lives Matter. So people hoping to appear good repeat it and are unwittingly supporting an organization with a specific set of goals that they may not actually support. I think this is what is happening to corporations. They think they are saying something that only a bigot would object to when in fact they are supporting an organization that wants to dismantle capitalism.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote: May go for a walk near the White Cliffs this weekend.

Bluebirds optional. But they probably always were. (Doubly so since not many have seen the point of mentioning the passing of Dame V.L.).
Not even optional. When the American lyricist, Nat Burton, wrote the song, he did not know that bluebirds were confined to the New World.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I just read Sowell's The Quest For Cosmic Justice. His laissez-faire economics surely appeal more to someone like JHN than to me, but his definition of 'cosmic' justice and all the woe it creates is highly persuasive.

Some of those same themes also come up in Haidt and Lukanioff's The Coddling of the American Mind.

Along with Douglas Murray in his brilliant The Madness of Crowds, these authors have proven uncannily prescient wrt our current mass insanity/witch hunt.

(We're suffering a heat wave right now, so I'm doing a bit of reading in front of the swamp cooler.)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote: Previous comment: "him" = Glenn Loury.

I was thinking about Black Lives Matter. I think it is a smart trick: when you get someone to repeat "black lives matter" they could be saying that the lives of black people matter, or they could be saying they support the organization named Black Lives Matter. So people hoping to appear good repeat it and are unwittingly supporting an organization with a specific set of goals that they may not actually support. I think this is what is happening to corporations. They think they are saying something that only a bigot would object to when in fact they are supporting an organization that wants to dismantle capitalism.
In high school, my buddy and I used to have a bit of fun tricking people into first agreeing they'd like to implement socialism on a national scale, then ask them to help come up with a name for a party that espoused that.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Driftless wrote: Previous comment: "him" = Glenn Loury.

I think they are just taking what they think of as the line of least resistance. The merits of whatever BS they are pushing out probably doesn't matter one iota to them, they are probably just trying to stave off attack by the mob in the belief that they can get on with business after things get back to normal.

I'm as frustrated as Tim Pool right now. He just had an epic rant about the sensible majority who won''t stand up publicly for their beliefs. If you expect your politicians to resist falling in line with nonsensical bullshit then show them that they have support, otherwise you deserve what you get. Get your act together US and UK because the illogical racist garbage you are tolerating is encouraging our CCP loving ratbag of a president and his compatriots to make more openly racist statements and push for an economic reset (i.e. steal white assets and nationalise everything).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: May go for a walk near the White Cliffs this weekend.

Not even optional. When the American lyricist, Nat Burton, wrote the song, he did not know that bluebirds were confined to the New World.
Well - we'll see what happens the day after tomorrow. But I'm pretty much over them anyway.

The directions say that near St Margaret's be careful that your mobile does not pick up a French signal. I always thought that the very definition of being British was 'Not Being French'.

Not that I'm particularly Sark-y. Though some people are - was listening to a documentary on Mervyn Peake today. Don't know if Norman's count as being French anyway - depends who you ask and when.

Summer is most definitely here - so hope it brings glad tidings to all. Or maybe magpies.

Must dash. (Or other facial hair).

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Mr Bluebird's on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual
Everything is satisfactual.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Driftless wrote:
Black Lives Matter is such a facile playground Motte and Bailey that it's a huge discredit to the public that it got such traction. I've found the best response to people challenging you with it is to simply point out its Motte and Bailey nature. I've never received a counter response when doing so.

free thoughtpolice