You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote: Someone shoots 50 Muslims in 2019 - the world ends.

God rattles Christchurch's bones in 2011 - everybody forgets about it in a week.

https://ase.ntu.edu.sg/sites/default/fi ... esized.png
I think a lot of that was about the ground turning into a post earthquake liquid mess. Google street view still provides a Chernobyl-like view of derelict and partially demolished houses. Must have shitted on land values.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote: I've always thought Vox Day was a bit of a, well, cunt, but he's got a very good point:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2019/03/bad- ... -post.html

PZ Myers take heed.
Kids are going to be embarrassed by some aspect of their parent's behaviour by the time they hit their teenage years. Maybe there's more to this particular story - but the examples given didn't seem to be particularly egregious. In fact, if it's an issue at all, it's just the sort of thing that could be dealt with by a private conversation between the parties involved - rather than airing the dirty laundry (if it amounts to that) to third parties via the internet.

Probably any embarrassment on the part of children - pales in comparison to the shit parents have to deal with. And you know, by the time you get out of your teenage years you should have come to terms with the fact that unless you were a child soldier, or survived a war situation or something equally dramatic - that your live is not really that interesting to the world at large.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Looks like next Friday is the NZ “be a Muslim for a day” day.
NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has confirmed there will be two minutes’ silence on Friday to mark the lives lost in the Christchurch terror attack.

The call to prayer will also be broadcast on state broadcasters Radio NZ and TVNZ.
I get the sentiment. But really. These two things are not alike.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

MarcusAu wrote:
Hunt wrote: I've always thought Vox Day was a bit of a, well, cunt, but he's got a very good point:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2019/03/bad- ... -post.html

PZ Myers take heed.
Kids are going to be embarrassed by some aspect of their parent's behaviour by the time they hit their teenage years. Maybe there's more to this particular story - but the examples given didn't seem to be particularly egregious. In fact, if it's an issue at all, it's just the sort of thing that could be dealt with by a private conversation between the parties involved - rather than airing the dirty laundry (if it amounts to that) to third parties via the internet.

Probably any embarrassment on the part of children - pales in comparison to the shit parents have to deal with. And you know, by the time you get out of your teenage years you should have come to terms with the fact that unless you were a child soldier, or survived a war situation or something equally dramatic - that your live is not really that interesting to the world at large.
Sometimes there are children that are incapable of adapting to society for whatever reason. Likewise, parents come from a large spectrum of suitable candidates. I'm guessing the proud, doting types can be toxic, but likely on average are better than the neglectful or abusive parent. :think:

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Because nothing protests oppression more strongly than ....

Keating

Post by Keating »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... CMP=twt_gu
Britain’s counter-terrorism chief has said far-right terrorists are being radicalised by mainstream newspaper coverage

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... CMP=twt_gu
Britain’s counter-terrorism chief has said far-right terrorists are being radicalised by mainstream newspaper coverage
Acceleration intensifies

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Jings! I didn't know Whitcoulls was still a going concern.

An interesting marketing strategy - in de-promoting certain books - but it might just be effective in a place where even the conservatives (National) would be considered more left wing than in many parts of the world. So there's unlikely to be any major push back.

Maybe they have judged their potential buyers well.

If not then it will be their version of 'New Coke' - and a footnote to history (if that) - in a couple of months.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Keating wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:56 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... CMP=twt_gu
Reminds me of this Materialist vs. idealist views on the roots of group-group violence
These condemners of beliefs-and-feelings show that they think these things are fundamental when they try to explain how such a toxic ideology came to possess the killer's mind in the first place. He got the beliefs from others with those beliefs via the internet, and he had his feelings stoked into a rage by others with similar feelings on the internet. They view the particular forum he used, 8chan, as an incubator for these thoughts and feelings.

Thus, the main conduit for his radicalization is held to be informational -- the internet easily transmits the thoughts and feelings from one mind to another. To treat the problem of radicalization and potential violence, then, these observers are tempted to clamp down on internet activity, only differing in the degree of clamp-down they believe necessary to nip the problem of radicalized violence in the bud.

This is the idealist approach to diagnosing and treating the disease of ideologically motivated violence, and it is wrong. It fails to explain where the beliefs and feelings ultimately come from, why the ideology targets specific groups rather than others, and why they either succeed or fail to resonate with the individuals who become radicalized. After failing to properly diagnose the problem, they are impotent to prescribe any helpful treatments.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Because reasons:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote: Acceleration intensifies...
Needs more wibbly norks...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

This is really depressingly familiar, and accurate AFAIAC. The Soviet Union lost the Cold War economically and militarily and won it ideologically. Part of the subversion process is inculcation of a kind of ethnic self-hate and disconnection of the people from their geographical nation, which results in a process of......replacement. It is quite clearly happening. Try telling that to some people though, even though lefty politicians in Sweden, and probably elsewhere, have come right out and said it's the goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SV7CLhxdXA

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:

Some of those safety belt placements are distinctly unsafe.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ban all sledgehammers.
West Midlands Police Chief Constable Dave Thompson said: "Since the tragic events in Christchurch, New Zealand, officers and staff from West Midlands Police have been working closely with our faith partners across the region to offer reassurance and support at mosques, churches and places of prayer.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/world/lates ... 12372.html

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: She won't get away with agreeing a long extension, the ERG hard Brexiteers (Rees-Mogg & chums) have threatened 'strike' action if that happens which would bring down the govt as they would get nothing through parliament.
Yeah, but not so long ago the ERG and affiliated fellow travellers were determined not to let May's deal pass without at least a time limit put on the backstop. Now even the Moggster is wavering, fearing that it might come down to being between May's deal or staying in the EU either indefinitely or for a long time. Given the disparity in the words/backbone ratio here, I wouldn't put much faith in the idea of the ERG making much of their threats once they start getting wibbly at the real prospect of a Corbyn govt.
Big Brexit rally organised for March 29th to parliament square could be interesting. I'm predicting fisticuffs.
Ooh maybe they'll get up to about 500 people this time.

Leave marches tend to be small, certainly in comparison to the remain ones. This is no slight against Leavers, though - my own pet theory is that it's simply down to the fact that the Leave cause tends to attract the independent and individulistic while remain is much more attractive to the herd-minded.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Most are already carrying airbags anyway.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Neither silicone nor saline are compressible, and there's a limit to how much latex can stretch. I've never seen it happen, but the results might not be pleasant. Perhaps airbags would be better, with a valve stem in the nipple.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

screwtape wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Neither silicone nor saline are compressible, and there's a limit to how much latex can stretch. I've never seen it happen, but the results might not be pleasant. Perhaps airbags would be better, with a valve stem in the nipple.
Could lead to whistling nipples (which sounds like a folk band).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Somehow I'm reminded of that town in Surrey.

Most singular.

ThreeFlangedJavis

More food for thought for those who still deny that the EU is all about globalisation and enforced "diversity".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F221Oqc1f0

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: She won't get away with agreeing a long extension, the ERG hard Brexiteers (Rees-Mogg & chums) have threatened 'strike' action if that happens which would bring down the govt as they would get nothing through parliament.
Yeah, but not so long ago the ERG and affiliated fellow travellers were determined not to let May's deal pass without at least a time limit put on the backstop. Now even the Moggster is wavering, fearing that it might come down to being between May's deal or staying in the EU either indefinitely or for a long time. Given the disparity in the words/backbone ratio here, I wouldn't put much faith in the idea of the ERG making much of their threats once they start getting wibbly at the real prospect of a Corbyn govt.
Big Brexit rally organised for March 29th to parliament square could be interesting. I'm predicting fisticuffs.
Ooh maybe they'll get up to about 500 people this time.

Leave marches tend to be small, certainly in comparison to the remain ones. This is no slight against Leavers, though - my own pet theory is that it's simply down to the fact that the Leave cause tends to attract the independent and individulistic while remain is much more attractive to the herd-minded.
Very good points there Tigzy, I don't disagree with anything you've said really. I am certainly no conservative (never have been) and although Mogg says the right things about Brexit I still wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw his children's Nanny. (not that I would do such a thing of course) However after watching last nights shenanigans by Theresa May and her blame game of 'all MP's bar her' are the stumbling block many on the Brexit side of the Tories are starting to favour or double down on a no deal WTO out at all costs scenario now. I certainly got that feeling listening to radio phone in shows this morning where a few were interviewed. Dominic Raab for instance appears to have gone from backing the PM's deal to get the fuck out now in a matter of hours.

Your point about leavers demo's is true of course but I have a feeling this one will be different, people are getting mighty pissed off now and are looking to blow some steam. It could all come to fruition on Friday 29th. Especially if Brexit is delayed or god forbid scuppered altogether which some of the remain hardliners are now advocating.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Sargon meets the British boogie man. :?

ThreeFlangedJavis

I find this interesting, what with my being a bit of an autist. This guy brings up an interesting point about Islam, which is that there have been a number of historical movements to reform Islam which invariably get reversed. This is why I think it unwise to look for proximate political causes to the recent regression of some of the previously more modern Islamic nations such as Iran. He argues that the system is too authoritarian and all-encompassing to be reformable. As for the distinction between Islamic and Islamist there is a nice pithy quote in the video, "the Islamist is the Muslim who is in a hurry". My impression is that Westerners have too different a worldview to really understand what Islam is all about. People may be fundamentally the same but that also means they have the same ability to have their worldview shaped in radically different ways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5CsxjI4r38

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:36 am
InfraRedBucket wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
That's why fake jugs don't feel right. Impressive to look at disappointing to squeeze...

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
That's why fake jugs don't feel right. Impressive to look at disappointing to squeeze...
I'm stuck on the implications - commercial air travel pressurized to ~7,000 ft, mountain climbing, hot weather, cold weather etc. Imagining the flight attendants announcing "Would all those with airbags please depressurize", or being the first woman on the summit of Everest with her own personal air supply. Ideas, man. Blow your mind.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I was mildly amused to read the few blogposts on Slymepit here.

Comhinc was tearing us apart, Steersman had gone forever, and Ed (Brayton?) was going to have the last laugh.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

screwtape wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
I'm stuck on the implications - commercial air travel pressurized to ~7,000 ft, mountain climbing, hot weather, cold weather etc. Imagining the flight attendants announcing "Would all those with airbags please depressurize", or being the first woman on the summit of Everest with her own personal air supply. Ideas, man. Blow your mind.
Something similar happened on a bus, but with shoes:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: I was mildly amused to read the few blogposts on Slymepit here.

Comhinc was tearing us apart, Steersman had gone forever, and Ed (Brayton?) was going to have the last laugh.
Someone is blogging about comments at the Pit? And I thought commenting at the Pit was a waste of one's time enough.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Someone is blogging about comments at the Pit? And I thought commenting at the Pit was a waste of one's time enough.
I see that one of the posts has Walter Ego claiming authorship. It looks like they all have a similar writing style and no comments so I'm making the guess that's his blog.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

I see that one of the posts has Walter Ego claiming authorship. It looks like they all have a similar writing style and no comments so I'm making the guess that's his blog.
Walter was a wonderful character, I do miss him and his footlong.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Walter was a wonderful character, I do miss him and his footlong.
By all accounts, you are not so inadequate yourself.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

"Harvard University has launched an investigation into law professor Ronald Sullivan after he agreed to represent Harvey Weinstein in court.

"Mr Sullivan, the university’s first African American faculty dean, joined Mr Weinstein’s legal team in January, ahead of the June trial for rape."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... or-agrees/

He's faculty dean of Winthrop House, where several undergrads are now feeling terribly unsafe.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Brive1987 wrote: Because nothing protests oppression more strongly than ....

It's fitting. Islam means "submission" after all.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

MarcusAu wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Walter was a wonderful character, I do miss him and his footlong.
By all accounts, you are not so inadequate yourself.
Ah, I guess Lsuoma has been indiscreet again? Yes, I burst him like a cheap balloon.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Pitchguest, I hope all is well for you?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Walter was a wonderful character, I do miss him and his footlong.
I wondered why you called him Subway.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

fuzzy wrote: "Harvard University has launched an investigation into law professor Ronald Sullivan after he agreed to represent Harvey Weinstein in court.

"Mr Sullivan, the university’s first African American faculty dean, joined Mr Weinstein’s legal team in January, ahead of the June trial for rape."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... or-agrees/

He's faculty dean of Winthrop House, where several undergrads are now feeling terribly unsafe.
I love his gentle push back that the complainants may be racist. Check.

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice

Prove me wrong. Crowder is an asshole and a moron.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Pitchguest, I hope all is well for you?
Yes. Check PM. :)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Prove me wrong. Crowder is an asshole and a moron.
I can't. I got kicked out of the debate team. I couldn't support an argument I know would lose.

(A lie. I was never part of a debate team. The point still stands.)

The thing is, he's always been an ignoramus when it comes to certain topics (like climate change), and he's often wrong, but because of the many deplatforming attempts by his opponents, favouring instead unpersoning and memoryholing rather than calm and collected debate (the days of Hitchens and Fry are long gone), not to mention repeated use of ridiculous rhetoric and invective ad hominem, he gets a pulpit and ends up looking moderate and reasonable in comparison.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: Looks like next Friday is the NZ “be a Muslim for a day” day.
NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has confirmed there will be two minutes’ silence on Friday to mark the lives lost in the Christchurch terror attack.

The call to prayer will also be broadcast on state broadcasters Radio NZ and TVNZ.
I get the sentiment. But really. These two things are not alike.
Crazier than shit-house rats:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

I'm famous! Picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone! ;)

Interesting if convoluted read though. But maybe a case of he laughs best who laughs last.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I've had a few chuckles seeing just how much New Zealand is bending over backwards to cater to Muslims in the wake of the tragedy.

The prime minister, as the constable, even wore a shawl in "solidarity." They might as well make the whole country Muslim and invoke Sharia - that would really solidify their relationship!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I find this interesting, what with my being a bit of an autist. This guy brings up an interesting point about Islam, which is that there have been a number of historical movements to reform Islam which invariably get reversed. This is why I think it unwise to look for proximate political causes to the recent regression of some of the previously more modern Islamic nations such as Iran. He argues that the system is too authoritarian and all-encompassing to be reformable.

As for the distinction between Islamic and Islamist there is a nice pithy quote in the video, "the Islamist is the Muslim who is in a hurry". My impression is that Westerners have too different a worldview to really understand what Islam is all about. People may be fundamentally the same but that also means they have the same ability to have their worldview shaped in radically different ways.

Code: Select all

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5CsxjI4r38[/BBvideo]
Interesting - likely to worth a gander; though I see the book referenced - About Which We Don't Speak - seems not available, at least in English.

Certainly is a bit of an interesting puzzle about Islam & science - an interesting article thereon:

https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publicat ... om-science

And ran across this fairly recent post [Dec 2018] from the Clarion Project which quotes a talk by the Egyptian President:
You Won’t Believe What This World Leader Said

.... Speaking at the World Youth Forum held in Egypt last month, Egypt’s President Adbul Fattah el-Sisi participated in a session where he answered questions from the floor.

The following is an extremely candid answer from el-Sisi to the question: Why are world leaders closing their doors to immigration?

His answer speaks volumes to the problems of the growth of Islamism in the West and the lack of integration by Islamist immigrants in Western countries.

We imagine if a Western leader would have spoken the same words, he would have been lambasted as an Islamophobe. Yet, here is the answer el-Sisi felt free to say:
el-Sisi wrote: “This question was put to me by Mohammed Kassim, a young Afghan: Why world leaders are closing their doors to immigration?

“I don’t want to go very deep into this issue. Every country has the right to protect its people and their interests and should respect human rights, but in a framework that allows it to preserve its national interests.

“Instead of asking why these countries are closing their doors [to immigration, you should be asking yourself] why Afghans in Afghanistan don’t care about the fate of their country.

“Why, for the last 40 years, have they been killing each other and self-destructing? This situation also applies to other countries like Pakistan and Egypt, too – and Syria, Libya, Iraq, Yemen and Somalia. Why are they doing this? ....

“You are mad at the leaders of the European countries – the leaders of England, Germany, Italy, etc., who close their borders to protect the fruit of many long years of hard work and effort that went into building their evolved society. ....

“Our work ethic is different from theirs. They are hard workers and they are committed to this rigorous work ethic … In contrast, we are always making allowances [asking for privileges] in an exaggerated way. Do you want to go with this culture? ...

“If you have been fighting for 40 years [among yourselves], you want them to open the door for you? No! If you want to solve [your] problems, solve them within your own country. ....

“I am not with or against [countries that don’t open their doors to immigrants]. Whoever opens the door for us, I said, “Thank you and it is appreciated.” As for those who close the door to us, we have no one to condemn but ourselves.
Seems about right.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Oh, and they really are jerking themselves off with the narrative that because of the Christchurch massacre, white supremacy is "on the rise."

Is it? The killer isn't a white supremacist. He isn't even a white nationalist. Not really. If he is, genuinely, a card carrying member, he might have mentioned Richard Spencer, or David Duke, in his manifesto; the usual suspects. Even though their culpability would have remained the same (nil), it would at least have been somewhat more believable in the big scheme of things. Instead, he mentions Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens and Spyro the Dragon. (Spyro of all things! Spyro!) He calls Trump a "renewed symbol of white identity." Before he shot up the mosque, he livestreamed himself on Facebook urging his viewers to "subscribe to PewDiePie".

It's a load of crap. He knows opportunistic journalists wouldn't read his manifesto, so they wouldn't find out he considered himself a communist, an anarchist and an "eco-fascist" - traits normally attributed to Antifa than a would-be Neo-Nazi. He makes mention of video games as a motivation to be used as low hanging fruit in case they wanted to use that as justification to, once more but with feeeeeeling, "start a conversation" about the impact of video games in our society. (Which, of course, they did.) And who else besides far left lunatics thinks Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens, PewDiePie and even Trump are white supremacists or white nationalists?

The killer is just a shitstirrer. A troll. A psychopath, but a troll nonetheless. He wanted to sow discord and people are doing exactly what he wanted. Not even the named killers (because the media avoids using his name like he's fucking Voldemort) accomplished this feat.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Pitchguest wrote: I've had a few chuckles seeing just how much New Zealand is bending over backwards to cater to Muslims in the wake of the tragedy.

The prime minister, as the constable, even wore a shawl in "solidarity." They might as well make the whole country Muslim and invoke Sharia - that would really solidify their relationship!
To be fair, NZ would do it for any community that had been targeted in such a way. We are good like that. It's the CoE-style of a secular society - people will go back to living their lives after a nice cup of tea (until the next local or international barbarity ruffles the surface).

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: I've had a few chuckles seeing just how much New Zealand is bending over backwards to cater to Muslims in the wake of the tragedy.

To be fair, NZ would do it for any community that had been targeted in such a way. We are good like that. It's the CoE-style of a secular society - people will go back to living their lives after a nice cup of tea (until the next local or international barbarity ruffles the surface).
It would be pretty funny to see what the NZ government would be forced to do if some white identitarians were to be attacked because of this.

The hand wringing would be legendary.

free thoughtpolice

KiwiInOz wrote:

New Zealand as I see it are showing their strength by the classy, generous behavior they are showing to the victims of this horrible crime. That attitude will encourage the muslim minority to blend with the larger community more effectively then a less generous and welcoming approach that would lead to their community being more isolated and resentful.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I think New Zealand (and Australia) are showing themselves to be an authoritarian police state, given the amount of censorship that has occurred in the wake.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Pitchguest wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

It would be pretty funny to see what the NZ government would be forced to do if some white identitarians were to be attacked because of this.

The hand wringing would be legendary.
I did contemplate the same thought experiment ...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote: I think New Zealand (and Australia) are showing themselves to be an authoritarian police state, given the amount of censorship that has occurred in the wake.
Yep, the US has many, many, many flaws and YUGE assholes, but overall the 1st Amendment has incredible power.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

KiwiInOz wrote:

New Zealand as I see it are showing their strength by the classy, generous behavior they are showing to the victims of this horrible crime. That attitude will encourage the muslim minority to blend with the larger community more effectively then a less generous and welcoming approach that would lead to their community being more isolated and resentful.
I agree with this. You've actually got Muslim kids doing Te Rauparaha's haka now.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ok, so they don't quite get the words right, but the intent is there.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:
Keating wrote: I think New Zealand (and Australia) are showing themselves to be an authoritarian police state, given the amount of censorship that has occurred in the wake.
Yep, the US has many, many, many flaws and YUGE assholes, but overall the 1st Amendment has incredible power.
So what you are saying is that the 1st Amendment is the butt plug for the YUGE arsehole?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

It's reactive (and understandable), but it will die back down again.