You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
mordacious1

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by mordacious1 »

screwtape wrote: If anyone was brave enough to sit through that appalling video of Blaire White and Jessica Yaniv, you'll know that Yaniv pulled out a taser and clicked the button to prove it worked and then stated he knew it was illegal to own such in Canada. Now this:
screwtape wrote:
It’s merely a hair removal device...
If anyone was brave enough to sit through that appalling video of Blaire White and Jessica Yaniv, you'll know that Yaniv pulled out a taser and clicked the button to prove it worked and then stated he knew it was illegal to own such in Canada. Now this:

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

My phone is being weird. My reply to Screwtape was that the device was meant for hair removal.

John D

Post by John D »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Some more DSA Con procedural highlights or more accurately lows...

That was fucking fabulous!

These little worms are so pathetic. How do they get anything done?... oh yeah... they don't.... and it's wonderful

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

What is Coyne's problem with the word "blog". I can understand someone not particularly favouring a word. What I don't understand is someone so against a common word being appropriately used that they can't take a bit of ribbing over it. This is the relevant clause in his Roolz:
It’s a website, not a “blog.” Humor me on this. Likewise, you will see words like d*g (a play on the Hebrew word for God) and Twi**er, due to my aversion of seeing these words spelled out.
I don't think that is tongue-in-cheek. He's got a new post up about the rules and a user commented this:
I don’t understand Prof. Coyne’s obsession with cats and ducks. I just skip those posts.
So the guy doesn't understand Coyne's obsession. Not particularly judgemental, no big deal, but this is the reply.
Thank you for your enlightening comment about my obsession. I suggest that you just skip the entire website.
What is wrong with him? Old shrapnel wound playing up, severe gout, someone move his cheese?

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:13 pm
Some more DSA Con procedural highlights or more accurately lows...

Soul-crushing bureaucracy is whole point.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pedo ball wax dude has been arrested and jailed (following a brief trip to the ER for a 'seizure' pedo boy suffered at the moment of his arrest):

https://nationalpost.com/news/jessica-y ... ng-a-taser

John D

Post by John D »

It's like you can't call anybody a disgusting pervert anymore! He is obviously just a disgusting pervert.... and... you can't even call the fucker out on it. Haha.... fucked up times we live in!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: What is Coyne's problem with the word "blog". I can understand someone not particularly favouring a word. What I don't understand is someone so against a common word being appropriately used that they can't take a bit of ribbing over it. This is the relevant clause in his Roolz:
It’s a website, not a “blog.” Humor me on this. Likewise, you will see words like d*g (a play on the Hebrew word for God) and Twi**er, due to my aversion of seeing these words spelled out.
I don't think that is tongue-in-cheek. He's got a new post up about the rules and a user commented this:
I don’t understand Prof. Coyne’s obsession with cats and ducks. I just skip those posts.
So the guy doesn't understand Coyne's obsession. Not particularly judgemental, no big deal, but this is the reply.
Thank you for your enlightening comment about my obsession. I suggest that you just skip the entire website.
What is wrong with him? Old shrapnel wound playing up, severe gout, someone move his cheese?
I've noticed that most people who do "blogs" long term, i.e. really like doing them, have this kind of bizarre notion that visiting their blog is like being invited into their living room. I did a blog for a short while, before getting sick of it, and I could never see it. I realized immediately that I should be the grateful one, not the other way around, and the least I could afford them was freedom to express themselves as they liked.

But you can kind of see where having the illusion that you've invited people into your own personal space might predispose you to act a little....mmmm? autocratical? shall we say. A better attitude would be to act the gracious host and put your guests first.

But whatever, Coyne is a net benefit to the internet, so I tolerate his minor peccadilloes.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Some people here might appreciate this updating playlist by John Vervaeke:

Particularly when he gets to the teen chapters, he really gets into some of the underlying elements of Meaning and the long history of mental technologies that got us here.

(He is a colleague of Jordan Peterson. Indeed, there's a conversation between the two of them also YouTube that is fascinating.)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I suppose it's no Star Wars or what-have-you but I'm looking forward to at least one movie due out this year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQ6tHK4yq8

Seems like they're getting the old band back together...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

screwtape wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:50 pm
If anyone was brave enough to sit through that appalling video of Blaire White and Jessica Yaniv, you'll know that Yaniv pulled out a taser and clicked the button to prove it worked and then stated he knew it was illegal to own such in Canada. Now this:
I watched for a few minutes. Listening to Yaniv resulted in esclating levels of disgust. I bailed before I vomited so I missed all that.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

ThreeFlangedJavis

Hunt wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:02 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: What is Coyne's problem with the word "blog". I can understand someone not particularly favouring a word. What I don't understand is someone so against a common word being appropriately used that they can't take a bit of ribbing over it. This is the relevant clause in his Roolz:
I've noticed that most people who do "blogs" long term, i.e. really like doing them, have this kind of bizarre notion that visiting their blog is like being invited into their living room. I did a blog for a short while, before getting sick of it, and I could never see it. I realized immediately that I should be the grateful one, not the other way around, and the least I could afford them was freedom to express themselves as they liked.

But you can kind of see where having the illusion that you've invited people into your own personal space might predispose you to act a little....mmmm? autocratical? shall we say. A better attitude would be to act the gracious host and put your guests first.

But whatever, Coyne is a net benefit to the internet, so I tolerate his minor peccadilloes.
I don't fault him for wanting to maintain a civil atmosphere, but I think his policies go way beyond that to the extent that you have to be careful about the opinions you express. He seems to have no tolerance for comments offending his foibles, comments that a normal person wouldn't be overly offended by if made in their living room.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

WEIT is one of the few places on the internet where a serious, adult discussion can be conducted. There's been a bit of a turf war of late, as the SJWs attempt to bully SPs into silence and quash all Wrongthink via personal attacks. No surprise that I've been frequently pig-piled there. Coyne will ban noobs who break his 'Roolz', but tends to ignore bad behavior from regulars, especially those who fawn on him, included a certain former mafia lawyer who was disbarred for getting caught snorting coke in the courthouse WC.

It certainly beats TFA, where my last exchange ended in me calling one especially obtuse baboon a "drooling mong". At WEIT, to respect decorum (and dodge getting whacked by the Gambino family) I've had to put several of the nastiest commenters on manual ignore.

The 'Pit is the best.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Pedo ball wax dude has been arrested and jailed (following a brief trip to the ER for a 'seizure' pedo boy suffered at the moment of his arrest):

As some wag observed on Twitter: the mounties always get their man.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Pedo ball wax dude has been arrested and jailed (following a brief trip to the ER for a 'seizure' pedo boy suffered at the moment of his arrest):

I guess I can die happy now that I have heard the phrase "pedo ball wax dude" used to accurately describe someone.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The Canadian police really need to check Yaniv's computers and other electronic devices.

A lot of the SJWs seem conflicted about this freak. Their instinct is to lend allyship, but even the most ardent SJW is starting to see he comes with problematic baggage (and I don't just mean his meat and two hairy veg).

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

screwtape wrote: Combine anomie with a life lived online (where you can always find someone to reflect your opinions and doubts amplified tenfold), and you create a new diagnosis for which we don't yet have a name. Add access to weapons and you have a problem as well as a diagnosis.
Looks like I inspired a Quillette article: The Deadly Boredom of ‘A Meaningless Life’

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hollywood blockbuster that satirizes killing of ‘deplorables’ causes outrage
A controversial movie about privileged vacationers hunting “deplorables” for sport is ruffling feathers more than a month before its scheduled release and after tragic mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio.

“The Hunt” is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing designated humans. The Hollywood Reporter reported on Tuesday that “Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire" following the shootings after ESPN reportedly pulled a trailer for the film that had been previously cleared to air on the sports network.

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals.... It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”

“The Hunt” is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they hunt “deplorables” for sport.
According to the Hollywood trade publication, characters in the film refer to the victims as “deplorables,” which is what Hillary Clinton famously dubbed Trump supporters during the 2016 election.

All I can say is, wealthy elites have atrocious trigger discipline.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hollywood blockbuster that satirizes killing of ‘deplorables’ causes outrage
A controversial movie about privileged vacationers hunting “deplorables” for sport is ruffling feathers more than a month before its scheduled release and after tragic mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio.

“The Hunt” is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing designated humans. The Hollywood Reporter reported on Tuesday that “Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire" following the shootings after ESPN reportedly pulled a trailer for the film that had been previously cleared to air on the sports network.

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals.... It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”

“The Hunt” is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they hunt “deplorables” for sport.
According to the Hollywood trade publication, characters in the film refer to the victims as “deplorables,” which is what Hillary Clinton famously dubbed Trump supporters during the 2016 election.

All I can say is, wealthy elites have atrocious trigger discipline.
Nothing new. There have been several movies with similar plots/themes.

https://www.fandom.com/articles/10-grea ... ans-movies

Personally, I love "Battle Royale" - full of Japanese oddness, ultra violence and is sure to leave a few scars for first-time viewers. If you've never seen it (unlikely), I highly recommend you give it a spin!

LOVE this movie, a real desert island disk!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Truly movie making is the most dangerous game.

They should make the damn film - people can either go or no go - just like with any other performance or art exhibition.

There's not much future for freedom of speech - if people are not prepared to say unpopular or even offensive things.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
screwtape wrote: Combine anomie with a life lived online (where you can always find someone to reflect your opinions and doubts amplified tenfold), and you create a new diagnosis for which we don't yet have a name. Add access to weapons and you have a problem as well as a diagnosis.
Looks like I inspired a Quillette article: The Deadly Boredom of ‘A Meaningless Life’
If your life currently does not have meaning - one will be assigned to you.

Say what you like about the old traditional society - at least everyone knew their place.

The rich man in his castle. The poor man at his gate.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

screwtape wrote:
At least they find a way to spend their last moments with others.
/black humor
Yes? No? Where's Bhurzum?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

One thing I'll add is that when I heard that prosecutors in El Paso were going to seek the death penalty my reaction was very similar to this (appropriately played by Charleton Heston)*

At least part of this stems from a particularly American approach to wrongdoing, punishment, social isolation and outcasting. The message I'd love to impart to the prosecutors is this: you're not helping.

*Heston plays "Taylor", a jaded misanthrope. The scene is his reaction to seeing another astronaut planting an American flag on the planet they've crashed on (which turns out to be Earth), hundreds of years in the future, long after he know America no longer exists. (Yes, I know you know this already. Just thought I'd remind you.)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote:
screwtape wrote:
At least they find a way to spend their last moments with others.
/black humor
Yes? No? Where's Bhurzum?
Bhurzum cannot come to the keyboard right now. He's currently hunting gumdrops in the dingly-dell with his pet unicorn.

Please leave a message after the fairy-fart.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/v467lTy81ixwY/giphy.gif

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

From the article, shades of Jordan Peterson:
This is one reason why so many people now feel unmoored. As Canadian science fiction writer Donald Kingsbury eloquently put it in his novel Courtship Rite, “Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems. Throw away the solution and you get the problem back.” Faith in god, country and manhood might be seen as regressive by modern lights. But insofar as they were holding back male anomie, we perhaps neglected to consider what damage would be done if we discredited those ideas before finding replacements.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

My last comment (for a while) on this. This time I quote comment from the article:
AsenathWaite
I think in the past, most of these guys would have just committed suicide. Now they see mass shootings as an alternative way to go out. I imagine that the more of these shootings that occur and the more they are publicized, the more suicidal young men will see it as a viable option for them. I think the ever-accelerating rate at which mass shootings have been occurring since Columbine fits this model fairly well. I’m not sure what, if anything, can be done about it, but I think any measures taken that reduce the male suicide rate would also probably reduce the frequency of mass shootings.
I actually think this is close to the truth. The modern suicidal young man sees this as the overachievers suicide. They (logically, I guess) figure that if they're going to off themselves, they might as well go our with a bang, literally, and perhaps take a few of their tormentors with them.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Patrick Crusius published a manifesto 'The Inconvenient Truth' echoing the words of Al Gore.

https://grabancijas.com/patrick-crusius ... ent-truth/

In it, he slams Republican leaders

' Recently, the senate under a REPUBLICAN administration has greatly increased the number of foreign workers that will take American jobs. '

How can be be Trump fan?

'But the idea of deporting or murdering all non-white Americans is horrific. Many have been here at least as long as the whites, and have done as much to build our country. '

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

'My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign for president. '

Amazing that the Left missed that out.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Hunt wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:49 pm
My last comment (for a while) on this. This time I quote comment from the article:
AsenathWaite
I think in the past, most of these guys would have just committed suicide. Now they see mass shootings as an alternative way to go out. I imagine that the more of these shootings that occur and the more they are publicized, the more suicidal young men will see it as a viable option for them. I think the ever-accelerating rate at which mass shootings have been occurring since Columbine fits this model fairly well. I’m not sure what, if anything, can be done about it, but I think any measures taken that reduce the male suicide rate would also probably reduce the frequency of mass shootings.
I actually think this is close to the truth. The modern suicidal young man sees this as the overachievers suicide. They (logically, I guess) figure that if they're going to off themselves, they might as well go our with a bang, literally, and perhaps take a few of their tormentors with them.
It isn't as if we don't have a solution to this toxically masculine problem. Shame the fuck out of boys. The more shaming the better. Don't let the little future rapists get a sniff of self-respect or we'll all be sorry. Above all, don't let boys get away with being white.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

SM1957 wrote: 'My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign for president. '

Amazing that the Left missed that out.
Didn't he also support gun control?

I dunno, I'm beginning to think he may not have been the most coherent of social commentators.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: I dunno, I'm beginning to think he may not have been the most coherent of social commentators.
Whatever it may have been, I think it's safe to say he got his point across.

;)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

No, I don't think he used a bayonet.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:19 am
WEIT is one of the few places on the internet where a serious, adult discussion can be conducted. There's been a bit of a turf war of late, as the SJWs attempt to bully SPs into silence and quash all Wrongthink via personal attacks. No surprise that I've been frequently pig-piled there. Coyne will ban noobs who break his 'Roolz', but tends to ignore bad behavior from regulars, especially those who fawn on him, included a certain former mafia lawyer who was disbarred for getting caught snorting coke in the courthouse WC.

It certainly beats TFA, where my last exchange ended in me calling one especially obtuse baboon a "drooling mong". At WEIT, to respect decorum (and dodge getting whacked by the Gambino family) I've had to put several of the nastiest commenters on manual ignore.

The 'Pit is the best.
Yes, one can have a discussion without excessive drama on WEIT but the decorum doesn't necessarily imply that the well-read academics involved have any special kind of insight or lack of dogma or personal bias. The erudite language doesn't make sharing of the ten thousandth "Xtians be retarded, God is a psycho, Herp da Derp" comment to the same like-minded audience any more useful. IMO the political commentary is not much more than Trump Derangement in a scraggy wig. I don't know what to make of Coyne personally. He doesn't come off as excessively autistic or particularly humourless on video, but from his blog I pick up a very emotionally stilted vibe. He comes across to me as someone who speaks about human existence from a predominantly theoretical perspective devoid of real understanding of the emotional dimension.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:29 am
I don't know what to make of Coyne personally. He doesn't come off as excessively autistic or particularly humourless on video, but from his blog I pick up a very emotionally stilted vibe. He comes across to me as someone who speaks about human existence from a predominantly theoretical perspective devoid of real understanding of the emotional dimension.
Aspie asexual in my view. Nothing wrong with that, provided you can tolerate the flavour it imparts.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: He comes across to me as someone who speaks about human existence from a predominantly theoretical perspective devoid of real understanding of the emotional dimension.
I may be flat out wrong here, but AFAIK he's a lifelong bachelor, and what you've noticed may be a result of that. Not that there is anything wrong with it, at all. People choose how to live, and sometimes things just turn out that way (deterministically :)) But I've noticed that male life bachelors often for strong bonds with animals (check) profession (check) and somewhat quoixotic attachments to other select individuals (check). For instance, his friend Grania, who recently died. You can tell it was a major blow to him. He's definitely an odd bird, which he will probably post images of soon. :mrgreen:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

It's true, the Devil really doesn't ever sleep.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

:roll:

I spotted this in response.

:lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Trouble brewing "down under", you might say.

:)

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I just texted a bunch of people the following:
Wow! This is exciting news:
The world’s youngest person was just born.
Now I’m getting replies like, “How many weeks?” “Was it premature?” “Where was it born?”
People don’t think anymore.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Yet another high quality Star Wars fan-flick...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The El Paso shooter's manifesto was reported as the ramblings of a madman... which is literally true, but entirely misleading... as it omits the murderer's competent prose style, correct grammar, and professional editing. As well as his subject-matter, which didn't deviate far from mainstream discussion of topics such as Universal Basic Income and the environmental effects of immigration. The manifesto is disturbing because it isn't instantly dismissable as incoherent crazytalk-- if-not for the writer's act of mass murder.

In comparison, the linked essay reads like the ramblings of a madman. "Leftfugees and Ducksiecrats" ?

John D

Post by John D »

This looks like a specific jab at the likes of Dave Rubin and Tim Pool who used to be card carrying lefties but are now “centrists” or “classical liberals “. But this argument really just explains what is breaking down any unity within the Dem party.

I have normal voted strongly Democratic but now I find that I dislike almost all their policies. I don’t think that makes me a centrist.... it just makes me a pragmatist

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: .... I have normal voted strongly Democratic but now I find that I dislike almost all their policies. I don’t think that makes me a centrist.... it just makes me a pragmatist
If the presidential race turns-out to be hate-tweeting Trump vs. a loon like Elizabeth Warren or an authoritarian goon like Kamala Harris...

I think the race will be a toss-up, decided by a 3rd spoiler candidate.

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote: Yet another high quality Star Wars fan-flick...

This makes it very clear that the old school light saber needed a cross guard. There are several points in the fight where Ren could have just slid his blade down and cut off Vader’s fingers

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: The El Paso shooter's manifesto was reported as the ramblings of a madman... which is literally true, but entirely misleading... as it omits the murderer's competent prose style, correct grammar, and professional editing. As well as his subject-matter, which didn't deviate far from mainstream discussion of topics such as Universal Basic Income and the environmental effects of immigration. The manifesto is disturbing because it isn't instantly dismissable as incoherent crazytalk-- if-not for the writer's act of mass murder.

In comparison, the linked essay reads like the ramblings of a madman. "Leftfugees and Ducksiecrats" ?
Didn't the Unabomber have a few cogent points too?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

John D wrote:
This looks like a specific jab at the likes of Dave Rubin and Tim Pool who used to be card carrying lefties but are now “centrists” or “classical liberals “. But this argument really just explains what is breaking down any unity within the Dem party.

I have normal voted strongly Democratic but now I find that I dislike almost all their policies. I don’t think that makes me a centrist.... it just makes me a pragmatist
Tim Pool has shown a graphic that has the right/left distributions over time. They are two Gaussian distributions. The right maintains about the same standard deviation and the mean moves a bit to the right over time. The left on the other hand has an increasing standard deviation and is moving farther left. In fact, the most recent years show the left as turning into two peaks, on of which is very far left. I think the author of the artical above and all of twitter are in that far left peak. Because they are embedded in that peak they think everyone else has moved right, when in fact they have moved left.

ThreeFlangedJavis

MarcusAu wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:24 am
Who's right?

And what's left?

https://arcdigital.media/yes-you-are-on ... 03e3f8dcde
The whole argument rests on an assertion which I think is untrue. The assertion is that the figures he is talking about only claim not to be on the right and I think that is demonstrably untrue in most cases. This is the same game the mainstream media play. They label people as being on the right or far right on issues in contradiction to that which they have publicly stated in order to open them up to attack from activists. At first I thought Jameson was playing that game but I think he is either a smug "neither nor" centrist or just wrong.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:
Service Dog wrote: The El Paso shooter's manifesto was reported as the ramblings of a madman... which is literally true, but entirely misleading... as it omits the murderer's competent prose style, correct grammar, and professional editing. As well as his subject-matter, which didn't deviate far from mainstream discussion of topics such as Universal Basic Income and the environmental effects of immigration. The manifesto is disturbing because it isn't instantly dismissable as incoherent crazytalk-- if-not for the writer's act of mass murder.

Didn't the Unabomber have a few cogent points too?
Sure... but the Unabomber's writing style screamed Obsessive Paranoid Crazypants. .El Paso guy could have been a professional columnist or advertising copy writer.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: This makes it very clear that the old school light saber needed a cross guard. There are several points in the fight where Ren could have just slid his blade down and cut off Vader’s fingers
I could be wrong but I remember reading that Ren's saber has a "crossguard" because the crystal he used when constructing it had flaws. The flaws cause the beam-split which resembles a crossguard - it's an accidental "feature" of his weapon. Still, that's probably a moot point.

Ah, there we go, I knew I'd read it somewhere...
Kylo Ren's lightsaber was a crossguard lightsaber constructed sometime before or during the year 34 ABY by Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader of the First Order and master of the Knights of Ren. The lightsaber, based on an ancient design dating back to the Great Scourge of Malachor, contained a cracked Kyber crystal, requiring it to have lateral vents on either side of the handle in order to divert the extra heat generated by the crystal.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kylo_R ... lightsaber

No idea if that's canon or simply fan-gubbins.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote:
John D wrote:

Tim Pool has shown a graphic that has the right/left distributions over time. They are two Gaussian distributions. The right maintains about the same standard deviation and the mean moves a bit to the right over time. The left on the other hand has an increasing standard deviation and is moving farther left. In fact, the most recent years show the left as turning into two peaks, on of which is very far left. I think the author of the artical above and all of twitter are in that far left peak. Because they are embedded in that peak they think everyone else has moved right, when in fact they have moved left.
The far left -- which is almost exclusively comprised of affluent urban/suburban whites -- has gone completely off the deep fucking end.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
John D wrote: This makes it very clear that the old school light saber needed a cross guard. There are several points in the fight where Ren could have just slid his blade down and cut off Vader’s fingers
I could be wrong but I remember reading that Ren's saber has a "crossguard" because the crystal he used when constructing it had flaws. The flaws cause the beam-split which resembles a crossguard - it's an accidental "feature" of his weapon. Still, that's probably a moot point.

Ah, there we go, I knew I'd read it somewhere...
Kylo Ren's lightsaber was a crossguard lightsaber constructed sometime before or during the year 34 ABY by Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader of the First Order and master of the Knights of Ren. The lightsaber, based on an ancient design dating back to the Great Scourge of Malachor, contained a cracked Kyber crystal, requiring it to have lateral vents on either side of the handle in order to divert the extra heat generated by the crystal.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kylo_R ... lightsaber

No idea if that's canon or simply fan-gubbins.
J.J. Abrams is the Shit-Midas of Hollywood.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Someone had to take over from George Lucas.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Here we go - technically this is not about Trump - so it sort of belongs here...

https://twitter.com/hashtag/fakemelania?lang=en

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Driftless wrote:
John D wrote:

The far left -- which is almost exclusively comprised of affluent urban/suburban whites -- has gone completely off the deep fucking end.
It is affecting the mainstream news as well. We went from "illegal immigrant" to "undocumented immigrant" to "migrant". It seems that they are implicitly for open borders.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

As surreal as it is beautiful...

:dance:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Sorry for nerding out but some bugger has gone and colourized my #1 favourite piece of music ever recorded!

Callas is beauty personified and I'll strip to the waist and wrestle any fucker who disagrees!

*cracks knuckles*