You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Bhurzum »

Heh.

The replies to this are pretty cancerous/lulzy.

And rightly so...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think I'm going to quietly slip off the raft...

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote: I think I'm going to quietly slip off the raft...
I'm guessing you'll be playing it more like Lt. Cmr Ericson: "You knew how to keep watch on filthy nights, and how to go without sleep, how to bury the dead, and how to die without wasting anyone's time" than Rose DeWitt Bukater: "Jack! Jack! Nooo...!"

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Bhurzum wrote: Heh.

And rightly so...

Yeah, the product of the petrochemical industry on her empty head was my first thought too.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

So Tommy Robinson Yaxley Lennon has just been released from Belmarsh Prison after 9 weeks of a 9 month sentence and despite being in solitary all that time , was still radicalized and apparently converted to Islam.
HNaHLEek.jpg
(62.13 KiB) Downloaded 559 times

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... eased-jail

Keating

Post by Keating »

Saw a P Plater with a giant Trump 2020 flag flying off the back of their car on the way home today.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Only weird thing is that they were driving well under the speed limit.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

The reaction to Beto O'Rourke's gun grabbin message with the armed American right:

Still in its earliest stages, but I'm kind of diggin it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

holy shit!

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: holy shit!

I'm waiting for the gender flipped version.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote: I'm waiting for the gender flipped version.
With Leslie Jones as Admiral Yamamoto?

Guest_52456cd8

Post by Guest_52456cd8 »

Dave Silverman Legal and Life Fund

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dave-silverman-legal-fund

" I was the first to establish comprehensive codes of conduct to atheist conventions"

"the first to specifically champion women speaker equality in convention lineups; the first atheist leader to shout down those who were harassing women (“Speaking Out Against Hate Directed at Women”)"

"I have been a feminist my entire life, and it’s a title I still hold close, even as the term has been tainted."

#metoo is a great and important idea that is being abused by bad actors who abuse the fact that they will be believed without question, and everyone is threatened by this attack on traditional liberal values. There can be no justice without due process - I’m living proof. That’s why I’m suing those who have slandered and lied about who I am. Liars and their mantra-speaking followers are doing a disservice against real victims of sexual assault and harassment and will make it harder for them to speak out, which is wholly repugnant to me and hopefully everyone. Women who falsely accuse men of sexual misconduct are criminals in need of prosecution, and we have the civic duty to protect the integrity of #metoo and the victims it has helped.

He's still not taking the red pill. Some improvement, but still not getting it.

Guest_52456cd8

Post by Guest_52456cd8 »

Dave Silverman Legal and Life Fund

" I was the first to establish comprehensive codes of conduct to atheist conventions"

"the first to specifically champion women speaker equality in convention lineups; the first atheist leader to shout down those who were harassing women (“Speaking Out Against Hate Directed at Women”)"

"I have been a feminist my entire life, and it’s a title I still hold close, even as the term has been tainted."

#metoo is a great and important idea that is being abused by bad actors who abuse the fact that they will be believed without question, and everyone is threatened by this attack on traditional liberal values. There can be no justice without due process - I’m living proof. That’s why I’m suing those who have slandered and lied about who I am. Liars and their mantra-speaking followers are doing a disservice against real victims of sexual assault and harassment and will make it harder for them to speak out, which is wholly repugnant to me and hopefully everyone. Women who falsely accuse men of sexual misconduct are criminals in need of prosecution, and we have the civic duty to protect the integrity of #metoo and the victims it has helped.

Guest_52456cd8

Post by Guest_52456cd8 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dglOKCs ... e=youtu.be

EXCLUSIVE: Dave Silverman Returns, Responds to Sex Abuse Allegations

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Guest_52456cd8 wrote: Dave Silverman Legal and Life Fund

He simultaneously says #metoo is a "great idea" but but also that it will be abused by bad actors because they will be "believed without question."

Maybe the fact that they will be "believed without question" should be a wake-up call as to why #metoo wasn't such a great idea after all.

But then he's been a feminist his entire life. He just doesn't seem to realise, or want to realise, that, much like religion, feminism is just another type of brainwashing. Honestly, so many cases of people being #metoo'ed into oblivion, and then returning months later with proof that the claims made against them were complete bullshit, after which either the damage had already been done and they had to start over from scratch or they came back stronger than ever. History informs us the fallibility of witch hunts, but people apparently don't even take the time to reflect on things anymore. They just react.

I would say I'm sympathetic to his plight, but what was it he said to Justin Vacula? "Denounce the shit"? Dave, you've waded in shit, now you need to denounce it.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Pitchguest wrote:

He simultaneously says #metoo is a "great idea" but but also that it will be abused by bad actors because they will be "believed without question."

Maybe the fact that they will be "believed without question" should be a wake-up call as to why #metoo wasn't such a great idea after all.

But then he's been a feminist his entire life. He just doesn't seem to realise, or want to realise, that, much like religion, feminism is just another type of brainwashing. Honestly, so many cases of people being #metoo'ed into oblivion, and then returning months later with proof that the claims made against them were complete bullshit, after which either the damage had already been done and they had to start over from scratch or they came back stronger than ever. History informs us the fallibility of witch hunts, but people apparently don't even take the time to reflect on things anymore. They just react.

I would say I'm sympathetic to his plight, but what was it he said to Justin Vacula? "Denounce the shit"? Dave, you've waded in shit, now you need to denounce it.
Wasn't Silverman one of the ones who made Vacula a pariah in skepticism? I hope that somewhere out there Justin is seeing this and having a hearty laugh.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Guest_52456cd8 wrote:

Welcome, Dave.

Really?

Post by Really? »

screwtape wrote:
Guest_52456cd8 wrote:

Welcome, Dave.
I didn't think I was going to give a shit about this, but Silverman's mental gymnastics are amazing.

As he told Vacula, he is in the shit. And claims to be trying to sell Aflac while living off of his 401k.

Thanks, Anon.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

I won't say this on WEIT, since I'd probably be insta-banned, but if the term "cultural appropriation" could ever be reasonably applied to an artist, Amy Winehouse would surely be at the top of the list. Jeez, talk about shamelessly looting the genre, hook line and sinker.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Pitchguest wrote:

Precisely. He believed everything the lice-infested muffers at FTB said. Like a lot of "skeptics", his skepticism vanished when it came to complete bullshit seeping out of the filthy mouth of a Stephanie Zvan or whoever it was.

He failed to realise that as the head of a notable organisation, but not quite drinking the full Kool Aid with the SJWers, an "allegation" was never far away.....

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Here's Catpeezle's take on the Silverman thing:
Why does it always come down to lashing out to do harm to others? It’s another lawsuit by a man who lost prestige over his acts of sexual harassment, now thinking he can recover his dignity by punishing someone else. It won’t work. He won’t win, and even if he did, it’s not going to make him more employable.
In Peez's personal little clown world, Silverman's guilt is already established. Therefore, the lawsuit isn't there to establish his innocence, it's there to rescue his 'prestige'. Fucking insane. Look at that last sentence - Peez admits it doesn't matter if Silverman won, because he's already been found guilty in the court of Peez and the verdict cannot possibly be overturned.

Someone, out there, please - bring a #metoo allegation against PZ Myers. It doesn't matter if it's false, because as Peez demonstrates, if an ideologue thinks it's true, then it is true. And I'm sure Peez will accept the judgment accordingly...if he's willing to live by the standards he sets for others.

Which he won't of course, because this is a facile rendition of a man who claims to vegetarian while stuffing fried pig down his gullet because 'there were no vegetarian options on the menu.'

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Twitter takes down Texas GOP lawmaker's AR tweet about O'Rourke

If one of those gun-confiscating leftists becomes president, I will actually go out and buy an AR-15. (Or rather a SIG 556 if I can get one.)

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Going to come to my house and confiscate my personal defense weapons??

Beto not!!

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Twitter takes down Texas GOP lawmaker's AR tweet about O'Rourke

If one of those gun-confiscating leftists becomes president, I will actually go out and buy an AR-15. (Or rather a SIG 556 if I can get one.)
It is funny that his proposal will probably increase sales of AR-15s. In the time between the proposal and the actual law the sales will skyrocket. The manufacturers no doubt up production when they think a ban is coming. So these types of campaign promises only serve to put more guns out there. Maybe Beto is working for the gun lobby.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Twitter takes down Texas GOP lawmaker's AR tweet about O'Rourke

I didn't realise that you live in Mogadishu. I live in a civilised country and have managed to go 52 years without needing an assault rifle for protection or to shoot cats.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Tigzy wrote: Here's Catpeezle's take on the Silverman thing:
Why does it always come down to lashing out to do harm to others? It’s another lawsuit by a man who lost prestige over his acts of sexual harassment, now thinking he can recover his dignity by punishing someone else. It won’t work. He won’t win, and even if he did, it’s not going to make him more employable.
In Peez's personal little clown world, Silverman's guilt is already established. Therefore, the lawsuit isn't there to establish his innocence, it's there to rescue his 'prestige'. Fucking insane. Look at that last sentence - Peez admits it doesn't matter if Silverman won, because he's already been found guilty in the court of Peez and the verdict cannot possibly be overturned.

Someone, out there, please - bring a #metoo allegation against PZ Myers. It doesn't matter if it's false, because as Peez demonstrates, if an ideologue thinks it's true, then it is true. And I'm sure Peez will accept the judgment accordingly...if he's willing to live by the standards he sets for others.

Which he won't of course, because this is a facile rendition of a man who claims to vegetarian while stuffing fried pig down his gullet because 'there were no vegetarian options on the menu.'
I can more easily imagine a world where Peez pathetically accepts the false allegation and publicly flagellates himself than the world where all his illusions crash down around him and he finally sees reality at face value. That would be one hell of a sea change.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:

I didn't realise that you live in Mogadishu. I live in a civilised country and have managed to go 52 years without needing an assault rifle for protection or to shoot cats.
Better to have it and not need it...

(if they were legal here, I'd have one in every room)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Better to have it and not need it...

(if they were legal here, I'd have one in every room)
Yeah. But you live in a country with marauding haggis, so I can understand.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I think the most damaging thing about Beto’s comments about seizing guns is not what he initially said. It’s his reply to that Texas state rep, who basically stated that Beto was welcome to try to take his rifle. Beto said it was a death threat, reported him to the FBI, and said he’s the kind of nut who shouldn’t have a gun. People who were considering supporting red flag laws will have to think twice now. If that’s all it takes to get flagged by some weak kneed liberal, then no thank you. They will flag every deplorable in the US.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Alright people. I need some Sci-Fi book recommendations. What are you reading now (if any) that you like?

What would you recommend? This includes blasts from the past such as

- I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
- Stranger in a Strange Land.

And it does not have to be "good" or "great" ... just that you like it.

Any all suggestions gratefully accepted.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A good thing Canadian elections aren't as loony as the US or the UK:
https://www.straight.com/news/1302251/a ... -mccaffrey

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

And rightly so...

As soon as I saw that image, without reading any of the text, the first thing that came to mind was that ... well ... that is a really vacuous expression.

Remember I am a bit of an aspie so I am interested in normie interpretations. So what did you guys think?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The Brexit Party's youtube channel consists of bite-sized video clips of the Brexiteer members of EU Parliament... trolling the EU Parliament.

Truly a shame that Sargon & Dankula aren't there. They're so qualified!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

A Service Dog walked into a bar today.
Apparently NYC now requires bar employees (and who-else?) to hold a certification in Sexual Harassment.

To obtain the certification, the bartender must endure an online session, consisting of over 150 screens of indoctrination.

Alternately, the bartender can start the session while bartending-- then pass their phone to me to complete it-- in exchange for a couple IPAs,
two of those White Claw alcohol-selzer things (the Rubyred Grapefruit is delicious), and an expensive organic Bareburger.

One screen tells the story of "Mike" who works on a construction site, with a team of 5 men. "They talk about their sexual experiences throughout the day, which makes me uncomfortable. I don't join in. Two guys give me a hard time. They say I'm not a real man. They also joke about me having sex with other men."

The next screen says "Is it sexual harassment? Yes." Ok... I suppose... if that's how the state defines it, sure. But...

the next screen says "Did you know? 13% of men have experience sexual harassment at work."

Bullshit! If sexual harassment includes dudes bragging about sex at work & teasing each-other about sex... 13% is way too low.

The thing claims 1 in 3 women have experienced sexual harassment at work, btw.

Again, sexual harassment includes All Sorts Of Things, like failing to mind-read when someone lies to you & pretends they're more interested in continuing to have sex with you, than they really are...
https://i.imgur.com/uNDn6tX.jpg?1

Later, the thing lists legit ways for someone to withdraw consent. The list includes "making excuses". So telling someone you Do want to have sex with them but [insert any implausible lie here] is considered ample notice that you Don't want to have sex with them.

MANY of the screens are about Gender harassment. More than once, the screens say that All Sexual Harassment is a form of Gender Harassment, because gender and sex are 'connected'. Or maybe it was All Gender Harassment is Sexual Harassment because sex and gender are connected? Or was it both?

On top of that, examples are given-- like commenting on someone's haircut. We are taught that comments about someone's appearance relates-to their Body--> which relates to their Gender--> which Relates to Sex. That's a massive expansion of the sexual harassment bureaucrats' jurisdiction... when they add Gender to their beat.

Later, there's a different (contradictory) screen-- about one co-worker complementing another's haircut. That's one of the few (only?) times that the correct answer on the ensuing "Is it Sexual Harassment?" isn't a predictable "Yes." But-- this time-- even tho the answer is now No/it's not sexual harassment... we are then told that the manager removed the false-accuser with the complimented-hair from her shift with the accused-guy. And THAT is sexual harassment. An employer must treat false delusional claims of harassment as-if they are real, and not do anything to disturb the complainer who "feels" they have been harassed-- or-else that's "Retaliation", a form of sexual harassment.

Employers are also responsible for the actions of "Third Parties", such as a hotel owner-- who is responsible if a hotel guest tells a hijab-wearing receptionist that he'd love to see her hair, and she'd look better if it were uncovered. The hotel owner must take action or be in violation of the law. The religious expression of the receptionist is protected, at the expense of the free speech expression of the hotel guest, and the This Has Nothing To Do With Me of the hotel owner.

https://i.imgur.com/VGAOZvV.jpg?1

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:01 am
Service Dog wrote: No token Stone Cold Steve Austin or Marilyn Manson or Johnny Ramone or Patrice O'Neal or Roseanne.
Drew Brees? Thought not.
Well, yesterday, my job finally revolved-around someone in that vein: a rookie for the Mets who hit a record 47 home runs this season.

In contrast to all the red-carpet/expensive private security/fancy backstage snacks... which I'm used-to with less-dude-ish celebrity guests...

this guy just walked into a cellphone store in Times Square in street clothes & sat on a bench chatting-with fans, signing autographs, posing for selfies.
If you bought a phone, you got a Mets phone-case.

There was some security to keep the attendees in an orderly line... but no velvet ropes or VIP-room nonsense.

I built the bench he sat on, then dismantled it when he left. Easy peasy.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

AndrewV69 wrote:
As soon as I saw that image, without reading any of the text, the first thing that came to mind was that ... well ... that is a really vacuous expression.

Remember I am a bit of an aspie so I am interested in normie interpretations. So what did you guys think?
Confirmed.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

AndrewV69 wrote: Alright people. I need some Sci-Fi book recommendations. What are you reading now (if any) that you like?

I recently tried to dip a toe back into SF and see what has become of it since the glory days. Picked up Helen Dale's two part Kingdom of the Wicked, which is an alternate history story in which the Roman Empire never fell, and Yeshua ben Yusuf is a freedom fighter. After all, trite stories by enormous Australian lesbians with a dodgy sense of ethics are all just wonderful, right? I was wrong. Barely readable. I'll re-read my old favorites. In fact I was just thinking yesterday it's been years since I re-read Time Enough for Love, a book I adored when I was 18, and looking back that's a good measure of how callow I was. Probably the last book by RAH worth reading, very thick, full of patronised women and heady libertarianism before that became synonymous with fascism. Technical SF content is only John Carter level, and then there is the bizarre Freudian episode in which our time-travelling hero goes back to seduce his own mother... Perhaps I'll just go through Larry Niven again. Wireheads seem safer, somehow.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

AndrewV69 wrote:

And rightly so...

The earnestness of youth who know it all and are ready to correct all our improper behaviours blazes from that rather bovine visage.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Though on second thoughts, maybe she is channeling Brains:
Brains.jpg
(16.84 KiB) Downloaded 389 times

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

AndrewV69 wrote: Alright people. I need some Sci-Fi book recommendations. What are you reading now (if any) that you like?

I'm pretty fond of most Neil Stephenson stuff. I may be an outlier but I really enjoyed Anathem.

Peter F Hamilton. I liked the Mindstar series and the Night's Dawn trilogy.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

BetoSquad

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Archives of old Sci-Fi magazines:

http://www.luminist.org/archives/SF/

I have been going through Galaxy Science Fiction and there have been some interesting stories. One was made into an episode of The Twilight Zone, and there is the precursor to Fahrenheit 451 among others.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: (if they were legal here, I'd have one in every room)
Color-coordinated with the drapes?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Anything by David Weber or Timothy Zahn.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Excellent analysis of the history behind the UK parliamentary shambles from David Starkey:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

screwtape wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:58 am
Excellent analysis of the history behind the UK parliamentary shambles from David Starkey:
Was just about to link that myself. Starkey is so good. Matthew Cobb should be strapped into a chair Clockwork Orange style and forced to watch it. I've been so tempted to unleash on the smug sh1ts at WEIT but then It'd only result in an immediate banning.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

AndrewV69 wrote: - Stranger in a Strange Land.
Have you read Heinlein's "Friday"?
Two years before Neuromancer was published/ the same year Blade Runner was released, Friday presents the entire cyberpunk genre, fully-formed.

I'd like to hear what someone reading it for the first time today-- thinks of Heinlein's version of Craigslist, or Antifa-like political violence, or California's gubernatorial politics.

I don't know if it will read as eerily prophetic, or if the present seems so inevitable now-- that it's now hard to get excited about Heinlein's correct-guesses.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: (if they were legal here, I'd have one in every room)
Color-coordinated with the drapes?
And of course matching the carpet.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Ric Ocasek of the Cars died. They were a favorite of mine in junior high. He was 75. I feel very old now.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

katamari Damassi wrote: Ric Ocasek of the Cars died. They were a favorite of mine in junior high. He was 75. I feel very old now.

They were a favorite of mine in the mid to late 80s. Still enjoy dipping back into the playlist, and his solo ventures.

RIP

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Ocasek must have been a late bloomer. I remember hearing Mick Jagger, who is 76, playing with the Stones in 1964. I first heard Ocasek with the Cars in 1978, even though he’s only a year younger than Mick.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Does anyone else have the particular problem of knowing people who keep you on the phone way the fuck too long? There should be a name for it. It also doesn't help by having a land line and other people in the house who think the phone MUST BE ANSWERED NO MATTER WHAT. Otherwise I would always let it go to voicemail. I just got off a nearly HOUR AND A HALF conversation, and I hate talking on the phone. Despite my jovial protestations of "hey, I gotta get going..." the conversation dragged past the hour mark. After that it was pure torture, with me giving progressively more terse responses. Then there's the torment of thinking the conversation is coming to a close, only for the person to launch into a new topic. Why...how? can people be so fucking clueless?

Anyone else relate? or am I alone in my weakness and misery?

/rant

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: Does anyone else have the particular problem of knowing people who keep you on the phone way the fuck too long? There should be a name for it. It also doesn't help by having a land line and other people in the house who think the phone MUST BE ANSWERED NO MATTER WHAT. Otherwise I would always let it go to voicemail. I just got off a nearly HOUR AND A HALF conversation, and I hate talking on the phone. Despite my jovial protestations of "hey, I gotta get going..." the conversation dragged past the hour mark. After that it was pure torture, with me giving progressively more terse responses. Then there's the torment of thinking the conversation is coming to a close, only for the person to launch into a new topic. Why...how? can people be so fucking clueless?

/rant
That's what you get for giving Wonderist your private #.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote: Does anyone else have the particular problem of knowing people who keep you on the phone way the fuck too long? There should be a name for it. It also doesn't help by having a land line and other people in the house who think the phone MUST BE ANSWERED NO MATTER WHAT. Otherwise I would always let it go to voicemail. I just got off a nearly HOUR AND A HALF conversation, and I hate talking on the phone. Despite my jovial protestations of "hey, I gotta get going..." the conversation dragged past the hour mark. After that it was pure torture, with me giving progressively more terse responses. Then there's the torment of thinking the conversation is coming to a close, only for the person to launch into a new topic. Why...how? can people be so fucking clueless?

/rant
We're cut from the same cloth, matey. I rarely answer the landline unless I'm expecting a specific call or it's outside office hours. 99% of my tellingbone chat is conducted on my mobile and most of that is through the medium of SMS.

Oh, and we call people who bend-the-ear "Gab-shites."

Most of my friends/family know what I'm like and a blunt "get to the fucking point" rarely offends or surprises them ;)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

"Economically attractive" has got to be the best bit of double-speak I've heard in a long time!

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/08/broke-me ... -10706880/

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote: Most of my friends/family know what I'm like and a blunt "get to the fucking point" rarely offends or surprises them
For some reason it never seems to occur to me just to say "I don't want to be rude, but let's limit the length of this conversation". For some reason, in the moment, that seems inappropriate and rude.

I'm just a schmuck. That's all there is to it.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote: I'm just a schmuck. That's all there is to it.
Nice guys finish last.

It would appear they also get roped into lengthy telephone conversations but are too polite/nice to cut them short...

If you can overcome the language barrier, Winston might serve as an inspiration to you:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

In the neighborhood where my grandparents retired, lived an old woman called "Mrs. Yoo-Hoo". She was lonely and walked up and down the street calling "yoo-hoo?!" to houses where she knew other old ladies lived, so she could finish them off by talking them to death. When she walked by, my grandmother would close the blinds and warn everyone in the house to not make a noise.