MarcusAu

The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by MarcusAu »

John D...

You are ridiculous...

John D

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by John D »

Platoon was one of the worst war movies ever made... haha.

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote: John D...

You are ridiculous...
Thanks. and fuckoff!

John D

Post by John D »

Excuse me if my dystopian fantasy is putting Nazis and Antifa into and updated version of escape from New York.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: John D...

You are ridiculous...
Thanks. and fuckoff!
In that your Meme-Fu gave me a chuckle.

And for the other post - you don't need to excuse yourself to me to say whatever you will...

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

John D wrote: Post Reply
Storming Capitol hill was pretty shit TV too. Though it says some interesting things.

John D

Post by John D »

Okay... I will not excuse myself... and now for something completely different. We will get through the chaos at some point... but it may not be soon... so let's have some surf music.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

When I was a lad, my elderly neighbor told me stories about how he was involved in this:
https://www.nps.gov/articles/bonus-expe ... he%20money.

Good times...although he did get his head busted pretty badly.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Even with all them people out rioting, there still weren't any graphics cards online. I was like fuck yes as soon as i saw it on the news, if this spreads then i might be able to get a card into my basket before it says no. Fucking F5'd hours and hours. That's why i know Nvidia never really released a new card. They don't exist it is all a scam.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Za-zen wrote:
Be Happy, some of us didn't need a crystal ball to predict down to the minutia just what the Trump regime would be and lead to.
I searched the Pit, for "Trump" author: "Za-zen".

I was fishing for 'gotcha' lulz... something hilariously wrong you predicted. "Down to the minutiae" is just begging for it.

If I had paused for a moment & asked-myself... 'what do i expect to find?'... the answer woulda been more vague, sneering, holier-than-thou one-liners... just like the one I'm replying-to now. A crystal ball as vapid and unfalsifiable as QAnon's "Q".

What I actually found were well-articulated opinions, big enough to argue real points, concise-enough to digest. I think the Pit was well served by those posts. A cluster of them were 4 years ago-- within a week of Trump's 2017 inauguration. Another cluster after the 2016 election day. More after Trump won the GOP nomination, circa July 2016.

fun Za-zen excerpts, all from 4 to 4 & 1/2 years ago...

"The one big unknown, is just how much of an effect the citizens trump has motivated to vote for the first time will have, who don't give a fuck who is in the whitehouse as long as it is someone who says they will tear it down, and that is a major fucking unknown..."

==
"Trump is more left wing than any Republican before? Methinks you don't recognise fascism when you see it, and trump is most certainly a fascist. The authoritarian left you say? I say you are going to witness a real authoritarian in actual office. Trump views the branches of government through the prism of his company. He tells the middle managers what to do, they get it done. In this case the middle managers are congress, and things are going to run smoothly for a while because of the curent makeup."

==
" It doesn't matter how much of a wanker you think Trump is, and believe me, there are very few who think he's more of a cunt than me. The reality is DEMOCRACY you cunts. If and or when the crazy bastard starts treating the constitution like toilet paper in his meglomania, then is the time to actually do something about it, up until that, the cunt is the rightful president of the US, and everyone who believes in representative democracy, should support that, and defend his right to the presidency with whatever force is required from the crazies.

Respect the office, if not the man."

==
"Yeah, Bernie could have been the Trump killer, but we''ll never know. He could have negated Trump dominating the white working classes in the heartlands, which is where he won the election, by offering an alternative radical solution."

=====

Za-zer... this isn't a 'gotcha', it's a real question: You praised Obama's greatness, and Hillary's. But you also named Globalization as -the- problem which most required solving. I don't know how to reconcile those views. I don't think Trump cut that Gordian knot-- but he did swing at it.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Service Dog wrote:
Za-zen wrote:
Be Happy, some of us didn't need a crystal ball to predict down to the minutia just what the Trump regime would be and lead to.
I searched the Pit, for "Trump" author: "Za-zen".

I was fishing for 'gotcha' lulz... something hilariously wrong you predicted. "Down to the minutiae" is just begging for it.

If I had paused for a moment & asked-myself... 'what do i expect to find?'... the answer woulda been more vague, sneering, holier-than-thou one-liners... just like the one I'm replying-to now. A crystal ball as vapid and unfalsifiable as QAnon's "Q".

What I actually found were well-articulated opinions, big enough to argue real points, concise-enough to digest. I think the Pit was well served by those posts. A cluster of them were 4 years ago-- within a week of Trump's 2017 inauguration. Another cluster after the 2016 election day. More after Trump won the GOP nomination, circa July 2016.

fun Za-zen excerpts, all from 4 to 4 & 1/2 years ago...

"The one big unknown, is just how much of an effect the citizens trump has motivated to vote for the first time will have, who don't give a fuck who is in the whitehouse as long as it is someone who says they will tear it down, and that is a major fucking unknown..."

==
"Trump is more left wing than any Republican before? Methinks you don't recognise fascism when you see it, and trump is most certainly a fascist. The authoritarian left you say? I say you are going to witness a real authoritarian in actual office. Trump views the branches of government through the prism of his company. He tells the middle managers what to do, they get it done. In this case the middle managers are congress, and things are going to run smoothly for a while because of the curent makeup."

==
" It doesn't matter how much of a wanker you think Trump is, and believe me, there are very few who think he's more of a cunt than me. The reality is DEMOCRACY you cunts. If and or when the crazy bastard starts treating the constitution like toilet paper in his meglomania, then is the time to actually do something about it, up until that, the cunt is the rightful president of the US, and everyone who believes in representative democracy, should support that, and defend his right to the presidency with whatever force is required from the crazies.

Respect the office, if not the man."

==
"Yeah, Bernie could have been the Trump killer, but we''ll never know. He could have negated Trump dominating the white working classes in the heartlands, which is where he won the election, by offering an alternative radical solution."

=====

Za-zer... this isn't a 'gotcha', it's a real question: You praised Obama's greatness, and Hillary's. But you also named Globalization as -the- problem which most required solving. I don't know how to reconcile those views. I don't think Trump cut that Gordian knot-- but he did swing at it.
Thankyou, that was one of the most beautiful comments I have ever read.

Obama made a good job of a shit situation. Was he revolutionary, or brilliant? No, but in the context of taking office as the banks said "give us money or say goodbye to your country" the direct foreign entanglements etc etc he was a mature, thoughtful, and reasonable National leader who let the weight of the Office press on him, as well he should have. His one key success was his health bill, and by fuck did he have to fight for that. It ended up a pale shadow, but it was and is the breach needed to try and get US citizens a level of health care regardless of their wealth.

Clinton, I believed to be the most qualified person to do the job.

The Gordian Knot of Globalization wasn't tackled by trump at all. Economies are complex and way above my pay grade, but the model we exist under now is a morphed class system. It's dog shit class aren't in the US or the EU they are in India/China and more and more so Africa. The Class system never left us, it just changed postcodes. It has left swathes of low and semi skilled people in the west Imperially fucked. But those jobs aren't coming back. Trump's tariffs were never going to do that, and never were intended to do that.

The only way to cut the Gordian Knot, is to wave goodbye to the old economy, and create a new one. Bernie is the dude with the plan. Put government money into creating new jobs, whilst revolutionising the energy sector. Build new and more efficient infrastructure tackling the disease of fossil fuels. Giving people opportunity and purpose. Set big fucking goals as a nation, where people employed in a new green job plan know they are part of something worthwhile and greater than themselves. Give people fucking hope, not fear.

Fear is and was trump's only tool.

John D

Post by John D »

and now for something completely different.... WWII training video for light and medium tanks. Just skip it if you don't care for this sort of thing. Tanks have two magnetos... like a light plane.... didn't know that.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

In which Eric Weinstein steers down the center lane between Wokistan and Magastan in a ninety-minute brain dump in the general direction of Glenn Beck, who mostly manages to stay out of the way.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Za-zen wrote: snip the dog's balls.

Thankyou, that was one of the most beautiful comments I have ever read.

Obama made a good job of a shit situation. Was he revolutionary, or brilliant? No, but in the context of taking office as the banks said "give us money or say goodbye to your country" the direct foreign entanglements etc etc he was a mature, thoughtful, and reasonable National leader who let the weight of the Office press on him, as well he should have. His one key success was his health bill, and by fuck did he have to fight for that. It ended up a pale shadow, but it was and is the breach needed to try and get US citizens a level of health care regardless of their wealth.

Clinton, I believed to be the most qualified person to do the job.

The Gordian Knot of Globalization wasn't tackled by trump at all. Economies are complex and way above my pay grade, but the model we exist under now is a morphed class system. It's dog shit class aren't in the US or the EU they are in India/China and more and more so Africa. The Class system never left us, it just changed postcodes. It has left swathes of low and semi skilled people in the west Imperially fucked. But those jobs aren't coming back. Trump's tariffs were never going to do that, and never were intended to do that.

The only way to cut the Gordian Knot, is to wave goodbye to the old economy, and create a new one. Bernie is the dude with the plan. Put government money into creating new jobs, whilst revolutionising the energy sector. Build new and more efficient infrastructure tackling the disease of fossil fuels. Giving people opportunity and purpose. Set big fucking goals as a nation, where people employed in a new green job plan know they are part of something worthwhile and greater than themselves. Give people fucking hope, not fear.

Fear is and was trump's only tool.
This is pretty much my line of thinking. I get that the public were wanting a revolution (Trump) and not establishment (Clinton) even if the establishment figure was more qualified. There was no way in hell that Trump could deliver the revolution that people wanted. Sanders possibly could have, but since WWII the corporate industrial complex has convinced the public that any system that might possibly give them benefit (e.g. free healthcare) rather than shoveling from Treasury into the accounts of plutocrats is Communism and must be shunned. Mission accomplished.

I found this piece by a billionaire from 2014 to be most enlightening.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You dumb fucks should have listened to me in 2014. <br>The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats <a href="https://t.co/RR1SqON7Uz">https://t.co/RR1SqON7Uz</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/POLITICOMag?ref_src ... </p>&mdash; Nick Hanauer (@NickHanauer) <a href=" 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Well that was messy. How do you post a tweet here?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Just post the link. The site will parse it correctly.

Service Dog

Re: The Matt & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by Service Dog »

NowWhat.jpg
(40.06 KiB) Downloaded 427 times

John D

Post by John D »

fuzzy wrote: In which Eric Weinstein steers down the center lane between Wokistan and Magastan in a ninety-minute brain dump in the general direction of Glenn Beck, who mostly manages to stay out of the way.
I think Eric is mostly wrong.... but it is interesting to see his view of history.

He somehow thinks that economic growth doesn't exist and stopped in the 1970s. This is pretty crazy. Growth has been slower in the period after 1970 than before 1970, but growth is still real. Look across the globe at how much poverty has been reduced. He just makes no sense on this topic.

He is obviously a big fan of labor unions so he has clearly never worked in a union shop.... and viewed how corrupt it is.

It is interesting to see how things accelerate quickly and then hit a kind of physical barrier. People have an interesting view that each and every technology must keep improving year over year. I watched a great video recently that explained why commercial aircraft fly at about 550 mph. It has everything to do with physics. There are hard limits on efficiency. The fastest plane ever flow was the X-15. 4520 mph in 1967 (this is powered flight... not a craft that falls from space). So, the Wright Brothers in 1903 had the "first" flight.... we hit the fastest flight in 60 years after that.... and in the next 50 years the record has never been broken. Interesting stuff.

Eric somehow dismisses the amazing productivity caused by the computer revolution... like it didn't cause a global change. Very strange.

So, he has a doctorate but makes no money and lives in a shitty house. Not my problem. Maybe he needs to write a good book... and get a university job rather than spending his time on his odd and unproveable weird physics theory.

Anyway.... I listened to the whole thing. Good stuff.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: Just post the link. The site will parse it correctly.
I see quite a few bluebirds-- which don't load into visible tweets. Then clicking the link often leads-to "This tweet is not available" -- until I reload it 1 or 2 times.
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.18.02 AM.png
(100.8 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Other options:

Screenshot of the text, make an archive.is link, or cut&paste the tweet's text.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Maybe he needs to write a good book... and get a university job rather than spending his time on his odd and unproveable weird physics theory.
I think both he and his brother have philosophical objections about working in mainstream academia. Apparently Bret has some similar fringe (or to be more charitable untested) ideas about biology.

My bias is that there are parts of society that work rather well - I don't know if the brothers have much in common with the anti-Cathedralists (eg Mencious Moldbug) or Anarchists (eg Micheal Mallice) who seem them think just about all of modern academia and journalism should be torn down. A case will probably be made for this - but I'm thinking such people do risk edging in to crankdom.

I'm fairly dubious of anarchism in general. I would say suspicsious but I'm not sure how to spell it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm so old I remember when a tweet was something Barbara Walters gave her dog.

John D

Post by John D »

It's up to us to use good old American horse-sense! I am having fun watching these old videos today.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Who needs Project Veritas' poorly-edited, leaked, shaky-cam, insider exposés...

...when CNN is openly broadcasting their shady agenda, high production value, union wages for the video crew, & catering in the Green Room...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

One of the photos in this thread features FreeThoughtPolice

https://twitter.com/JoaquimCampa/status ... 6471952387

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

So white is the way to go if you want a diverse, multi racial society. Black is all black. Brown is just brown. But White is a mix of all cultures, a sort of melting pot if you will.
Seems to me that White is the only way to reach racial harmony. This author may be on to something.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Trump supporters are traitors! to their race!

John D

Post by John D »

One of my good friends posted this on Facebook..... I suspect she knows I voted for Trump. So I posted a reply of "Trump 2024".... haha. My wife is pissed at me. I guess I am supposed to let my friends tell me I am a racist.
137574905_105781364824521_224056952680638136_o.jpg
(49.29 KiB) Downloaded 418 times

Keating

Post by Keating »

What do I have to do to get the next thread named after me?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: One of my good friends posted this on Facebook..... I suspect she knows I voted for Trump. So I posted a reply of "Trump 2024".... haha. My wife is pissed at me. I guess I am supposed to let my friends tell me I am a racist.
JONWP5wA.jpg
(48.49 KiB) Downloaded 366 times

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote: What do I have to do to get the next thread named after me?
Possibly demonstrate the after effects of being kicked in the head by a horse or of huffing crystal meth in urine fumes?

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Possibly demonstrate the after effects of being kicked in the head by a horse or of huffing crystal meth in urine fumes?
Ah, the ol’ “If you don’t agree with me, you have to be brain damaged or on drugs” argument.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I was thinking more like fellatio

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

mordacious1 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Ah, the ol’ “If you don’t agree with me, you have to be brain damaged or on drugs” argument.
It's an hypothesis.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

God knows what's in the urine in Service Dog's stairwell.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

:orcs-cheers: FBI vetting Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack

Associated Press

FBI vetting Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack
By LOLITA C. BALDOR
an hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. defense officials say they are worried about an insider attack :violence-sniperprone: or other threat :violence-chainsaw: from service members :flags-waveusa: involved in securing President-elect Joe :character-oldtimer: Biden’s inauguration, prompting the FBI :auto-nascar: :obscene-hanged: to vet :techie-windows: all of the 25,000 National Guard troops coming into Washington for the event.

The massive undertaking reflects the extraordinary security concerns that have gripped Washington following the deadly Jan. 6 :orcs-gayflag: insurrection at the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump rioters. And it underscores fears that some of the very people assigned to protect the city :violence-guntoting: over the next several days could present a threat to the incoming president and other :bow-blue: VIPs in attendance. :character-burgerking: :character-mrt: :character-michaeljackson:

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy told The Associated Press on Sunday that officials are conscious of the potential threat, and he warned commanders to be on the lookout :confusion-helpsos: for any problems within their ranks as the inauguration approaches. So far, however, he and other leaders say they have seen no evidence of any threats, and officials said the vetting hadn’t flagged any issues that they were aware of.

”We’re continually going through the process, and taking second, third looks at every one of the individuals assigned to this operation,” McCarthy said in an interview after he and other military leaders went through an exhaustive, three-hour security drill in preparation for Wednesday’s inauguration. He said Guard members are also getting training on how to identify potential insider threats. :angelic-halofell: :angelic-red:

About 25,000 members of the National Guard are streaming into Washington from across the country — at least two and a half times the number for previous inaugurals. And while the military routinely reviews service members for extremist connections, the FBI :scared-ghostface: screening is in addition to any previous monitoring.

Multiple officials said the process began as the first Guard troops began deploying to D.C. more than a week ago. And they said it is slated to be complete by Wednesday. Several officials discussed military planning on condition of anonymity.

“The question is, is that all of them? Are there others?” said McCarthy. “We need to be conscious of it and we need to put all of the mechanisms in place to thoroughly vet these men and women who would support any operations like this.”

In a situation like this one, FBI vetting would involve running peoples’ names through databases :techie-ebay: and watchlists maintained by the bureau to see if anything alarming comes up. That could include involvement in prior investigations or terrorism-related concerns, said David Gomez, a former FBI national security supervisor in Seattle.

Insider threats have been a persistent law enforcement priority in the years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. But in most cases, the threats are from homegrown insurgents radicalized by al-Qaida, the Islamic State group or similar groups. In contrast, the threats against Biden’s inauguration have been fueled by supporters of President Donald Trump, far-right militants, white :character-afropik: supremacists and other radical groups. Many believe Trump’s baseless accusations that the election was stolen from him, a claim that has been refuted by many courts, the Justice Department and Republican officials in key battleground states.

The insurrection at the Capitol began after Trump made incendiary remarks at the Jan. 6 rally. According to McCarthy, service members from across the military were at that rally, but it’s not clear how many were there or who may have participated in the breach at the Capitol. So far only a couple of current active-duty or National Guard members have been arrested in connection with the Capitol assault, which left five people dead. The dead included a Capitol Police officer and a woman shot by police as she climbed through a window in a door near the House chamber.

Gen. Daniel R. Hokanson, chief of the National Guard Bureau, has been meeting with Guard troops as they arrive in D.C. and as they gather downtown. He said he believes there are good processes in place to identify any potential threats.

“If there’s any indication that any of our soldiers or airmen are expressing things that are extremist views, it’s either handed over to law enforcement or dealt with the chain of command immediately,” he said.

The insider threat, however, was just one of the security concerns :techie-hal: voiced by officials on Sunday, as dozens of military, National Guard, law enforcement and Washington, D.C., officials and commanders went through a security rehearsal in northern Virginia. As many as three dozen leaders lined tables that ringed a massive color-coded map of D.C. reflected onto the floor. Behind them were dozens more National Guard officers and staff, with their eyes trained on additional maps and charts displayed on the wall.

The Secret Service is in charge of event security, but there is a wide variety of military and law enforcement personnel involved, ranging from the National Guard and the FBI to Washington’s Metropolitan Police :animals-pig: Department, U.S. Capitol Police :sad-roulette: and U.S. Park Police. :violence-bowandarrow:

Commanders went over every aspect of the city’s complicated security lockdown, with McCarthy and others peppering them with questions about how the troops will respond in any scenario :character-ariel: :character-count: :character-jaws: and how well they can communicate with the other enforcement agencies scattered around the city.

Hokanson said he believes his troops have been adequately equipped and prepared, and that they are rehearsing as much as they can to be prepared for any contingency.
The major security concern is an attack by armed groups of individuals, as well as planted explosives and other devices. :character-koolaid: McCarthy said intelligence reports suggest that groups are organizing armed rallies leading up to Inauguration Day, and possibly after that.

The bulk of the Guard members will be armed. And McCarthy said units are going through repeated drills :angry-cussingblack: to practice when and how to use force and how to work quickly with law enforcement partners. Law enforcement officers would make any arrests.

He said Guard units are going through “constant mental repetitions :angry-banghead: of looking at the map and talking through scenarios with leaders so they understand their task and purpose, they know their routes, they know where they’re friendly, adjacent units are, they have the appropriate frequencies :confusion-helpsos: to communicate with their law enforcement partners.”

The key goal, he said, is for America’s transfer of power :flags-canada: to happen without incident.

“This is a national priority. We have to be successful as an institution,” said McCarthy. “We want to send the message to everyone in the United States and for the rest of the world that we can do this safely and peacefully.” :happy-bouncyredfire:

___

Associated Press writer Eric Tucker contributed to this report.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

So, it's interesting reading how Trump's administration is being coloured by this one, tiny, miniscule incident and how it's apparently the worst thing that's been done in the whole history of the country. Nothing else compares, it seems, to the destruction and the bloodshed and the evil that was perpetuated that day. Remember the Capitol. He's the biggest fascist dictator the country's seen since George Washington.

In fact, Trump was so fascist, and such a dictator, that when it came time for his constituents to vote again, he didn't even have to lift a finger. He just called upon all those Russian oligarchs and Putin himself that he has at his beck and call and easily won the election, and afterwards he censored all of those who spoke of him with dissent and then he sent them all to camps to be processed or execu- wait, what? That's not what happened? HE lost the election? And HE was the one censored? No help from Russia? No camps? No executions? Nothing? Not even some good old fashioned mustard gas? Wow. Worst. Dictator. Ever. :snooty:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I have to say, I don't understand how some people square the idea that what the wokes did to the non-wokes was a bad thing when it happened to us during the atheist schism, but it's just peachy what the wokes are doing to the non-wokes in social media and mainstream news right now.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

fuzzy wrote: I have to say, I don't understand how some people square the idea that what the wokes did to the non-wokes was a bad thing when it happened to us during the atheist schism, but it's just peachy what the wokes are doing to the non-wokes in social media and mainstream news right now.
I don't see anyone here taking this binary position. Unless you are saying that Vacula must denounce ...

Keating

Post by Keating »

Does that make Jimmy Dore the Orbit equivalent? He's just been shitting all over the Young Turks in a very enjoyable fashion

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote: I don't see anyone here taking this binary position.
I don't recall anyone claiming to be non-binary either.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:25 am
KiwiInOz wrote: I don't see anyone here taking this binary position.
I don't recall anyone claiming to be non-binary either.
What if you're six of one and half a dozen of the other?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Speaking of non-binary

why should anyone have to choose between being an Antifa Rioter in Portland, BLM Rioter in Minneapolis, and QAnon Rioter in D.C. ?!

you can be all 3
4138272e571466c8.jpg
(199.68 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
https://gab.com/KanekoaTheGreat/posts/1 ... 1511286584

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Man, I keep reading all these crazy stories, about new lockdowns, new restrictions, new iterations of Covid, botched vaccinations, the "new normal", and now global censorship being on the rise where it's not only encouraged, but justified. This place is about the only thing keeping me sane these days. Without the 'Pit, I'd be Woody Woodpecker.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:24 pm
I was thinking more like fellatio
So was I!

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:59 pm
:orcs-cheers: FBI vetting Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack

Associated Press

FBI vetting Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack
By LOLITA C. BALDOR
an hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. defense officials say they are worried about an insider attack :violence-sniperprone: or other threat :violence-chainsaw: from service members :flags-waveusa: involved in securing President-elect Joe :character-oldtimer: Biden’s inauguration, prompting the FBI :auto-nascar: :obscene-hanged: to vet :techie-windows: all of the 25,000 National Guard troops coming into Washington for the event.

The massive undertaking reflects the extraordinary security concerns that have gripped Washington following the deadly Jan. 6 :orcs-gayflag: insurrection at the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump rioters. And it underscores fears that some of the very people assigned to protect the city :violence-guntoting: over the next several days could present a threat to the incoming president and other :bow-blue: VIPs in attendance. :character-burgerking: :character-mrt: :character-michaeljackson:

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy told The Associated Press on Sunday that officials are conscious of the potential threat, and he warned commanders to be on the lookout :confusion-helpsos: for any problems within their ranks as the inauguration approaches. So far, however, he and other leaders say they have seen no evidence of any threats, and officials said the vetting hadn’t flagged any issues that they were aware of.

”We’re continually going through the process, and taking second, third looks at every one of the individuals assigned to this operation,” McCarthy said in an interview after he and other military leaders went through an exhaustive, three-hour security drill in preparation for Wednesday’s inauguration. He said Guard members are also getting training on how to identify potential insider threats. :angelic-halofell: :angelic-red:

About 25,000 members of the National Guard are streaming into Washington from across the country — at least two and a half times the number for previous inaugurals. And while the military routinely reviews service members for extremist connections, the FBI :scared-ghostface: screening is in addition to any previous monitoring.

Multiple officials said the process began as the first Guard troops began deploying to D.C. more than a week ago. And they said it is slated to be complete by Wednesday. Several officials discussed military planning on condition of anonymity.

“The question is, is that all of them? Are there others?” said McCarthy. “We need to be conscious of it and we need to put all of the mechanisms in place to thoroughly vet these men and women who would support any operations like this.”

In a situation like this one, FBI vetting would involve running peoples’ names through databases :techie-ebay: and watchlists maintained by the bureau to see if anything alarming comes up. That could include involvement in prior investigations or terrorism-related concerns, said David Gomez, a former FBI national security supervisor in Seattle.

Insider threats have been a persistent law enforcement priority in the years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. But in most cases, the threats are from homegrown insurgents radicalized by al-Qaida, the Islamic State group or similar groups. In contrast, the threats against Biden’s inauguration have been fueled by supporters of President Donald Trump, far-right militants, white :character-afropik: supremacists and other radical groups. Many believe Trump’s baseless accusations that the election was stolen from him, a claim that has been refuted by many courts, the Justice Department and Republican officials in key battleground states.

The insurrection at the Capitol began after Trump made incendiary remarks at the Jan. 6 rally. According to McCarthy, service members from across the military were at that rally, but it’s not clear how many were there or who may have participated in the breach at the Capitol. So far only a couple of current active-duty or National Guard members have been arrested in connection with the Capitol assault, which left five people dead. The dead included a Capitol Police officer and a woman shot by police as she climbed through a window in a door near the House chamber.

Gen. Daniel R. Hokanson, chief of the National Guard Bureau, has been meeting with Guard troops as they arrive in D.C. and as they gather downtown. He said he believes there are good processes in place to identify any potential threats.

“If there’s any indication that any of our soldiers or airmen are expressing things that are extremist views, it’s either handed over to law enforcement or dealt with the chain of command immediately,” he said.

The insider threat, however, was just one of the security concerns :techie-hal: voiced by officials on Sunday, as dozens of military, National Guard, law enforcement and Washington, D.C., officials and commanders went through a security rehearsal in northern Virginia. As many as three dozen leaders lined tables that ringed a massive color-coded map of D.C. reflected onto the floor. Behind them were dozens more National Guard officers and staff, with their eyes trained on additional maps and charts displayed on the wall.

The Secret Service is in charge of event security, but there is a wide variety of military and law enforcement personnel involved, ranging from the National Guard and the FBI to Washington’s Metropolitan Police :animals-pig: Department, U.S. Capitol Police :sad-roulette: and U.S. Park Police. :violence-bowandarrow:

Commanders went over every aspect of the city’s complicated security lockdown, with McCarthy and others peppering them with questions about how the troops will respond in any scenario :character-ariel: :character-count: :character-jaws: and how well they can communicate with the other enforcement agencies scattered around the city.

Hokanson said he believes his troops have been adequately equipped and prepared, and that they are rehearsing as much as they can to be prepared for any contingency.
The major security concern is an attack by armed groups of individuals, as well as planted explosives and other devices. :character-koolaid: McCarthy said intelligence reports suggest that groups are organizing armed rallies leading up to Inauguration Day, and possibly after that.

The bulk of the Guard members will be armed. And McCarthy said units are going through repeated drills :angry-cussingblack: to practice when and how to use force and how to work quickly with law enforcement partners. Law enforcement officers would make any arrests.

He said Guard units are going through “constant mental repetitions :angry-banghead: of looking at the map and talking through scenarios with leaders so they understand their task and purpose, they know their routes, they know where they’re friendly, adjacent units are, they have the appropriate frequencies :confusion-helpsos: to communicate with their law enforcement partners.”

The key goal, he said, is for America’s transfer of power :flags-canada: to happen without incident.

“This is a national priority. We have to be successful as an institution,” said McCarthy. “We want to send the message to everyone in the United States and for the rest of the world that we can do this safely and peacefully.” :happy-bouncyredfire:

___

Associated Press writer Eric Tucker contributed to this report.
Looking more Stalinist every day. This is mostly for show, to show dangerous the Trump is, which then justifies extreme clampdowns on the rights of non Trump-haters to the feeble minded. The establishment and corporate world are mobilised to destroy Trump's image which should tell you that he was a real danger to them.
Many believe Trump’s baseless accusations that the election was stolen from him, a claim that has been refuted by many courts, the Justice Department and Republican officials in key battleground states.
That stood out. For a long time it's been clear that the Democrats have taken a leaf out of academia's playbook and taken to redefining what is acceptable according to their own hourly changing standards. Rule by whim and hysteria. It has now become a crime to challenge an election result, a crime which warrants political and social cancellation. For those who haven't bothered to understand the process, the major thrust of the Republican challenge to certification was not to overturn the result but to challenge the authenticity of the swing state results. They wanted a real audit, not a few token and pointless recounts which prove nothing. That is now insurrection according to your masters, despite being a constitutionally protected right designed to protect democracy. The courts have had nothing valid to say about the integrity of the election, limiting themselves mostly to dodges to avoid hearing cases and even taking pot shots, which is not their job and reveals their bias, at the weaker evidence in refusing to hear cases. This includes an explanation of the real case against the 2020 election and it has not been refuted:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

fuzzy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:25 am
I have to say, I don't understand how some people square the idea that what the wokes did to the non-wokes was a bad thing when it happened to us during the atheist schism, but it's just peachy what the wokes are doing to the non-wokes in social media and mainstream news right now.

The most remarkable thing about Trump is not his policies or behaviour but the reaction to him. It was so extreme and shameless and it makes me wonder what it would take for the lesser of 2 evils crowd to take notice. Apparently destroying cities, crippling police services, using the state apparatus for political prosecution and declaring half of the country unworthy of civil rights is just fine if the target is acceptable. There are no wrong tactics, just wrong targets. There is enough evidence, and there has been for quite a while, to dispel the idea that Trump was spreading conspiracy theories about what was being done to him. IMO even if you hate Trump you should be horrified at what your new overlords have wrought

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fuzzy wrote:
John D wrote:
I think Eric is mostly wrong.... but it is interesting to see his view of history.

He somehow thinks that economic growth doesn't exist and stopped in the 1970s. This is pretty crazy. Growth has been slower in the period after 1970 than before 1970, but growth is still real. Look across the globe at how much poverty has been reduced.
Eric W's measure of growth is "median male income within the US". There's no contradiction between Joe Schmoe USA flatlining since 1973... while Joe's growth curve was exported to the 3rd world.

But I do agree with you (and EconTalk's Russ Roberts) that the doomsayers are wrong that nothing got better since 1973, for anyone but the super-rich.
For example, Eric W says there was an unsustainable growth curve in Education-- which would have bestowed 2 PhDs on every man woman and child by now... and clearly that didn't come to fruition. I would argue that it DID come to fruition. Every moron with an internet connection has the equivalent of 2 PhDs circa 1973... right at their fingertips. Progress in Education didn't stop-- it just hopped-off the sinking ship of Universities & switched to a new delivery-system.

This is also true for Wealth. Eric W. measures wealth in U.S. Dollars... another sinking ship. But I have a more abstract view of Currency than that. I think a 1973 guy with a million Greenbacks... would go broke fast trying to match my poor-guy standard of living: A used 2012 Volkswagen is better than a $200,000 1973 supercar. Imagine how much all the books and newspapers I read-- would cost.

Have you ever been to Graceland? Elvis tried to buy The Good Life but most of his shit is worse than mine. Elvis heard Nixon watched the 3 channels of network news, all at once... so Elvis bought 3 TVs. Elvis had a full-size commercial drinking fountain installed inside his house, because refrigerators didn't have a cold water tap on the front.

Another abstract way to view Currency is the saying "you can't take it with you (when you die)". Ok, but, short of death-- I think there are ways to convert wealth into portable assets-- currencies-- which aren't directly exposed to Fiat Dollar Inflation. I could convert a few thousand bucks into Gold or a Savings Account... or else I could spend it on Dance Lessons. A guy who can dance sexy will always find some woman to shelter & feed him, even if his sub-prime mortgage implodes.

It is interesting to see how things accelerate quickly and then hit a kind of physical barrier. People have an interesting view that each and every technology must keep improving year over year... commercial aircraft fly at about 550 mph... we hit the fastest flight in 60 years after that....
And then we found a method faster than planes-- to deliver mail & other stuff. As you note...

Eric somehow dismisses the amazing productivity caused by the computer revolution... like it didn't cause a global change. Very strange.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: most remarkable thing about Trump is not his policies or behaviour but the reaction to him. It was so extreme
I was thinking about that this morning. I grant that Trump is aesthetically repulsive. But it's super-weird to me that people think he's alone in that.

They're basically saying that Hillary passed their smell test. And Biden, Bernie, Dubya, MIchelle Obama... Elizabeth Warren... fucking Kamala !!1!... Buttigieg, Beto... Pelosi! The Ugg Squad !

To me-- they're ALL uncanny valley nightmare fuel. Singling-out Trump is greenlighting all the other creeps. Especially the hysteria since Jan 6 & impeachment.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

So, is that the name of our new band?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I've gotten hooked on Greg's Airplanes and Automobiles youtube channel.

A commercial pilot, great radio voice, goes way deeper into engineering and aerodynamics than I can fully follow, but I'm completely fascinated:

To prove once again I'm a nazi, here's an example vid on a German airplane:

Need to block out some time for the seven-part series on the P-47

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Singling-out Trump is greenlighting all the other creeps.
That's the point.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So, is that the name of our new band?
John Deez Nuts

The Germans

The Jews

False Fag

JackbootDorseyOrchestra

The Boogles

Ass Riot

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dang it! I knew 30,000 troops wasn't enough!

Can't we send a SURGE of 50,000 more?!

(that always works)

Keating

Post by Keating »

I think that means they've picked a new pope

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Haven't seen a Melody meme in the wild for a while. Low and behold in the Critical Drinker's latest:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

While 1000s of Aussies are trapped overseas, we have green waved thru a bunch of tennis players.

Now they might be infected so they have to quarantine in a 5 Star hotel for 14 days before their match. No tennis courts to practice on.

Apparently this constitutes a “crisis”.

MSM is not your mental health friend.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/coronav ... 56v0n.html

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Keating wrote: I think that means they've picked a new pope
Nah. Black smoke = no agreement.

Pseudomonas

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So, is that the name of our new band?
John Deez Nuts

The Germans

The Jews

False Fag

JackbootDorseyOrchestra

The Boogles

Ass Riot
Trump Airplane Starship