Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
John D

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by John D »

Keating wrote: Yes, exactly. I just resigned from a civil liberties group I'd been a part of for over 10 years when I couldn't even make them understand the difference between the two.
Haha. The American Humanist Assoc. keeps sending me letters to get me to donate. They send a postage paid envelope so I write on the form..."Get woke and go broke..... Love, Richard Dawkins". And I send it back to them. I wonder how long they will pay postage for my abuse.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Stankeye wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Stankeye wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I'm open to criticism & hope it will correct & improve my understanding. But some criticisms of me are simply, proveably Not Accurate.
I have offered support for you before and I am doing it again. I am at a loss as to the adamant vitriol that is directed your way at points.
BTW, it's not vitriol I direct at the woofer - its contempt and ridicule. He's willing to post here as much as he wants, but that won't stop him being a cunt, IMHO, and it won't stop me saying what I want to about him when I see his spew in quotes.
No dobut. I can see once someone is on your cunt list it is probably hard to get out. I was more lamenting not understanding from my perspective, but there is nothing anyone owes me in helping me to understand.

I guess it is one of many of the pit's Shiri Scissor moments.
Actually, he went off my ignore list for a couple of months recently, but went back on when he started re-cunting on a regular basis. Cuntiness is clearly a personal assessment, and I've never dream of telling people who they need to ignore. Steerzo has also gotten off, and stayed off. I can't be bothered to deal with cunt-holes, so fuck doggo in the eye, until I might feel like taking the time to read his output again. As I said earlier, I diskard him.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Stankeye wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I'm open to criticism & hope it will correct & improve my understanding. But some criticisms of me are simply, proveably Not Accurate.
I have offered support for you before and I am doing it again. I am at a loss as to the adamant vitriol that is directed your way at points.
BTW, it's not vitriol I direct at the woofer - its contempt and ridicule. He's willing to post here as much as he wants, but that won't stop him being a cunt, IMHO, and it won't stop me saying what I want to about him when I see his spew in quotes.
You can block anyone you want... and you can comment all you want. But.... you look like a dick when you comment on someone's snipped comment that it out of context. Dick move.... so this does deserve a fuck off!... so.... fuck off!
:moon: :eabod: :moon:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Keating wrote: Yes, exactly. I just resigned from a civil liberties group I'd been a part of for over 10 years when I couldn't even make them understand the difference between the two.
Haha. The American Humanist Assoc. keeps sending me letters to get me to donate. They send a postage paid envelope so I write on the form..."Get woke and go broke..... Love, Richard Dawkins". And I send it back to them. I wonder how long they will pay postage for my abuse.
I did EXACTLY the same a few months back.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D

Post by John D »

Haha... this is the second time I did this.... but maybe I got this excellent idea from you last year. I am too old to remember!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Stankeye wrote: I guess it is one of many of the pit's Shiri Scissor moments.
How could such a misguided thought even form in that cunt-bucket you call a head? Absolutely preposterous! Patently false! I'll never look at you the same way again! People like you are the reason Texas Abortion Trump Hillary Hammer Screwdriver. Why I oughta...

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Service Dog wrote:
Stankeye wrote: I guess it is one of many of the pit's Shiri Scissor moments.
How could such a misguided thought even form in that cunt-bucket you call a head? Absolutely preposterous! Patently false! I'll never look at you the same way again! People like you are the reason Texas Abortion Trump Hillary Hammer Screwdriver. Why I oughta...
Classic.

I keep thinking I'm special in some way as to not be easily scissored and then my wife won't join me in panning the Woman's national soccer team even though they are obviously totally grifters, and then I realize we all have our shortcomings.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

On the subject of 'pit "ignore" lists - I'm amazed you buggers haven't all ignored me by now. I bring fuck all to the table except ignorant rantings, disgusting observations and ilittarete skriblins.

https://c.tenor.com/Iw6v-Nv3becAAAAC/co ... crayon.gif

Anyway, I just wish you fuckers would ease off on the ignoring (it's very SJW behaviour) and start talking things out. If anything, I might learn a bit more when you lot show your workings.

Cunt cheese.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: You’ll need to get back to me when you’ve sorted out Sam Sayers.
That one's easy. She got lost, died of hyperthermia. They can't find her cuz the terrain is a bitch and it's vast.

Trail:
Vesper Peak
8.0 miles, roundtrip
Elevation Gain: 4000 ft.
Highest Point: 6214 ft.

Described as “very dangerous and rugged terrain,” with a “hard to follow” trail. Many hikers report getting disoriented.

She expected to be home by 6pm, was last seen at 3pm at the peak. Date was August 1 -- warm during the day, seriously cold at night up there.

Kit:
She wore a green sports bra. “She didn’t have cold weather gear. She had like three sandwiches, some chips and water.”

BF put together "‘survival bags’ filled with Clif Bars, socks, a poncho, compass, flashlight, fire sticks and a lighter," paracord and a knife, to be left by S&R. So we know she carried none of these. Which, obviously, she ended up needing. (I'd add a whistle, a 'space' blanket, a water purifier, and a Browning Buck Mark. Many preppers and tacticools wear paracord 'bracelets'.)

Yet another 'experienced hiker', where 'experienced' means, 'regularly tempted fate but got lucky.'
Oh I agree the UFO rating here is very low.

Of note though. She had done the trail before. It was a day trip rather than an overnighter. She was spotted on the peak so she just needed to U-Turn. Her problem was she was spotted coming south off the peak rather than east. It’s easy to come off a summit misaligned - and then lose it.

Her case is interesting because of the scale of the search, the fact her “point of getting lost” is known as was her last bearing And she had long term tragics carrying on the search. But with no sign.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote: On the subject of 'pit "ignore" lists - I'm amazed you buggers haven't all ignored me by now. I bring fuck all to the table except ignorant rantings, disgusting observations and ilittarete skriblins.
I always get a woody when I see your blue smiling face, even before I read the post.
Anyway, I just wish you fuckers would ease off on the ignoring (it's very SJW behaviour) and start talking things out. If anything, I might learn a bit more when you lot show your workings.

Cunt cheese.
Not sure why you think this - do you listen to radio channels you believe have no value, read books that are annoying without being informative?

No, me neither...

Blow me...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Pro-tip: Quad-braid about 30ft of paracord then stitch it into the lining of your jacket.

(I'm a lunatic for the stuff!)
Great for whipping newly-arrived Haitian slaves, too!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hey Brivo - lots of unpleasant photographs here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... orial.html

Not NSW, I know, but it looks funky in Vic too...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... orial.html

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote: This reminds me of the EU. It's no secret that the goal is "ever closer union". You have plenty of people high up in the EU talking about what that means, and why they want to do it. They've been doing it for decades. It's far from clear that the people of Europe are actually onboard with that goal.

... what you need is to hand your non-existent sovereignty over to the international decision making bureaucracy so that your best interests can be taken into account there. It feels like the same argument. Is freedom best protected by protecting individual sovereignty, or by handing over that sovereignty to a distant bureaucracy of enlightened experts who can balance all the competing interests for you. He doesn't trust individual citizens and individual nations to decide these things for themselves.
After the populist 1848 Revolution, the intellectual elite -- lawyers, mostly -- met in Frankfurt to hash out the new, unified Germany. They designed it to perfectly meet the needs and desires of the intellectual elite. The proles and the nobility both said fuck that shit, and unification -- on much different terms -- had to wait until Bismarck said, haltet mein Bier!
I think something similar has happened in the US. You have a direction of travel towards a centralised bureaucracy. If there had been a straightforward discussion about whether dissolving the power and individuality of the states into the federal government, would the states or the citizens in those states have agreed to it?
Wilson is usually credited with getting Big Government rolling, with FDR of course mushrooming it. LBJ's Great Society was the next huge expansion, which has never let up. The Democrats are now brazenly anti-federalist and despise the US Constitution. They loath the other half of the country who don't think or act like them, and seek to force them to change. Both Obama and Biden tried to implement federal-level zoning, since time immemorial a local function. First thing King Gavin did after surviving recall was sign a bill banning single-family residential zoning statewide, to "create more diverse neighborhoods."

I always say, we need big government to do big things. But when Big Government meddles in little things, that's a problem. The Leitmotif has always been an intellectual elite who believe they know better and have the divine right to micromanage everything, right down to the size of soda drinks the little people drink. But you can't micromanage complex systems, so inevitably the micromanaging leads to numerous perturbations and new problems. The response from the smartest guys in the room is even more micromanaging. Rinse, repeat.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: Drab concrete and glass boxes extract a cost on the population in terms of unhappiness and depression, but this is hard to measure versus the upfront cost of the construction. It's cheap and easy to throw up something ugly quickly and think you've achieved something. It's hard to know how much of a toll that ugliness extracts from the people forced to interact with it.
That's a feature, not a bug, of Brutalist architecture: it's intended to crush your soul.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Bhurzum wrote: On the subject of 'pit "ignore" lists - I'm amazed you buggers haven't all ignored me by now. I bring fuck all to the table except ignorant rantings, disgusting observations and ilittarete skriblins.
You are not the problem, and are unlikely to be ignored by anyone here. Those that deny pretty obvious science ARE the problem. If they want to doxx me, that would be a small issue for me, although I must say at this point in my short life-expectancy, I can say go ahead and do your worst. It won't hurt me a bit. You really ought to be worrying about what to do with Nicola Sturgeon, who seems to be a real threat to common sense in Scotland. I hope to survive long enough to see her succeed in gaining independence, and then attempt to cope with the fact that Scotland has insufficient income to cover expenditures. I honestly would enjoy watching the EU send in a rescue force to salvage the humanitarian disaster that Scotland would become when there is no tax base for public expenditure, and the police force gives gentle warnings for Class A drug possession, whilst actively seeking out and punishing the real criminals: those who express anti-self-identification sentiments and other examples of hate speech. Just wait for NATO (and maybe the new Macron European Army) to parachute in and save you from....er, what? Yourselves? Netflix couldn't pay enough to set it up, but no doubt will make lots later on when dramatising it.

PS Thought there was a policy here about doxxing? May I threaten to doxx other members without any consequences?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Dogs and ponies all on 'ignore' now. Life is good.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:38 am
Bhurzum wrote: Pro-tip: Quad-braid about 30ft of paracord then stitch it into the lining of your jacket.

(I'm a lunatic for the stuff!)
Which also turns out to be the only way of getting Kamala interested in the border crisis.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

And for laughs and giggles, CNN tells us there is a "femicide" epidemic in the UK.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/uk/sabin ... index.html

And yet murder statistics show that male victims outnumber female victims three to one over the same period. XX Lives Matter!

Quite seriously, and completely unexamined in the CNN piece (perhaps no surprise there), it might be that female victims of murder have become disproportionately higher. It may be that numbers of such crimes have risen, but in proportion with male victims. Or they may have risen but not as much as male victims. From a brief look at murder statistics in the UK, it seems like there are a lot more murders, and males still constitute a large majority of victims. The stats are not presented in a way that allows easy analysis by sex, as there is more mileage in gaining more funding for the police if they can say lots more women are being killed. No one in their right mind would worry about the men. No doubt we are getting used to such discrimination, and being the sex that does not complain, we will cope.

Evidently the Brits need to urgently ban all knives, razors, nails, nail files, screws (not the ones that matter in prisons), and corkscrews. There are no guns left to ban, so they must destroy the ability of the population to slaughter each other in every way. That means hammers, bricks, rocks, cars, bleach, all substances with pH <7 must go. No more vinegar on your fish and chips. Maybe no more fish and chips if they are crispy enough for blunt force trauma.

One looks forward to the inventiveness of British murderers. Brides in the bath? Bah! Old hat. No doubt there are serial murderers waiting in the wings who can do the deed over and again with an android phone or the key that turns on the heat exchange units that replaced the gas boiler that you can no longer afford to run.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:38 am
Which also turns out to be the only way of getting Kamala interested in the border crisis.
She always struck me as a dominatrix.

And, yes, that can be read two ways.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

These families of missing Black people are frustrated with the lack of response to their cases
Robinson is among the Black and brown families whose loved ones remain missing and say they have struggled to get fair attention on their cases. Some say they have grown frustrated with watching the search for missing White women like Petito being in the spotlight, while police appear to allow their cases to go cold or classify their loved one as a "runaway."
I'll let you Americanos deal with that. #Petito Instagram Lives Matter

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 2.27.04 PM.jpg
(248.51 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Carry on, boys. Leaders of the free world, but leading us all to where...?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Those that deny pretty obvious science ARE the problem.

When Vickie went all holocaust denial, we didn't put her on ignore. We buried her with a mountain of evidence.

Doc Codger here, after his ipse dixit and bleating of 'it's the Science!' failed to win over any skeptics, has resorted to the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Discussion Board.

I've no issue with ignoring someone you find tedious or annoying. But to hide from earnest debate to avoid addressing legitimate points raised, is pathetic and weak.

Calling for Dog to be banned for wrongthink was peckish. Wishing some of us dead was despicable.

Covid has been a great dodge-and-burn to bring out the stark contrasts between two types of folks that obviously had lain just below the surface.

John D

Post by John D »

screwtape wrote: These families of missing Black people are frustrated with the lack of response to their cases
Robinson is among the Black and brown families whose loved ones remain missing and say they have struggled to get fair attention on their cases. Some say they have grown frustrated with watching the search for missing White women like Petito being in the spotlight, while police appear to allow their cases to go cold or classify their loved one as a "runaway."
I totally agree. The only reason Americans are watching this case is because this crazy bitch was white and really cute. Girl next door kind of a thing. The media gets lots of eye-balls for this story. It has led the news for the last week. I don't blame the media... they are just making money... just like the rag magazines at the check-out line at Walmart. People just love this shit and the media feeds the desire to watch.

Most people are not skeptical enough to even see what is going on...

My wife and I enjoy watching "The Voice". I enjoy it because there are some really good singers (and I love to sing). My wife enjoys the singing...but she also thinks the show is a real competition. I explain to her that all the acts are planned in advance and that the stars know who is coming up. The stars have a plan about how they will vote. They have a plan for the jokes etc. She HATES when I point this out. She wants to live in the fantasy. The fantasy that she is not being manipulated.

People just don't like being skeptical.... and the media gives them what they want.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Since we are discussing Pyt spats, anyone seen the Bear about? He used to post around as Abear. The Viva Sidebar with Southern reminded me about him since he seemed to have a bit of a vendetta there. Never knew whether he was just particularly one-eyed or a troll. He had a habit of doing this rather disingenuous thing of cackling at Southern when she pissed of the extremist types who mistakenly thought she was one of them. He would call her a hypocrite for acting against their principles as if she'd ever signed up to them. Never knew if he was conscious of what he was doing.

John D

Post by John D »

THIS GUY!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

John D wrote:
screwtape wrote: These families of missing Black people are frustrated with the lack of response to their cases
I totally agree. The only reason Americans are watching this case is because this crazy bitch was white and really cute. Girl next door kind of a thing. The media gets lots of eye-balls for this story. It has led the news for the last week. I don't blame the media... they are just making money... just like the rag magazines at the check-out line at Walmart. People just love this shit and the media feeds the desire to watch.

Most people are not skeptical enough to even see what is going on...

My wife and I enjoy watching "The Voice". I enjoy it because there are some really good singers (and I love to sing). My wife enjoys the singing...but she also thinks the show is a real competition. I explain to her that all the acts are planned in advance and that the stars know who is coming up. The stars have a plan about how they will vote. They have a plan for the jokes etc. She HATES when I point this out. She wants to live in the fantasy. The fantasy that she is not being manipulated.

People just don't like being skeptical.... and the media gives them what they want.

I don't know. I used to post on the JREF all the time, listen to Dawkins etc.... I look back on that time with a similar sense of "boy was I dumb". The only difference between me then and the folks watching The Voice is I was far more smug about the illusion I was in.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Not sure why you think this - do you listen to radio channels you believe have no value, read books that are annoying without being informative?
Yes.

If I want background noise, I'll let the radio crackle away in the background. If it gets interesting, I'll give it my undivided attention. Obviously, this would be impossible if I turned the bugger off.

As for books - I've read "The Happy Atheist" and can confirm that it ticks both boxes: annoying as fuck and utterly lacking in informative content.

Lsuoma wrote: No, me neither...
You're missing out on a literal smorgasbord of vapid tedium and mind-numbing irrelevance! All work and no grey makes Jack a dull boy...

Lsuoma wrote: Blow me...
Tsk. I'm the resident knuckle-dragging boor, old bean; blunt insults such as this are way below you!

Final point: My original comment was a rather poor attempt to encourage olea europaea distribution amongst you grumbling bastards. Clearly the only form of conflict-resolution I'm any good at is wreathed in cordite smoke...

Carry on fighting, I'll watch and bite my tongue.

Cock monger :P

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

She should have got up earlier and made him breakfast rather than lazing around in bed for him to rape her.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

LOL!

Taken from the comments section:
Can't shake the whore tree and expect a wife to fall out.
I'm in tears... :lol:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

fafnir wrote: She should have got up earlier and made him breakfast rather than lazing around in bed for him to rape her.
Fuck that - she should have got up extra-early and gone jogging before making breakfast.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Bhurzum wrote:
fafnir wrote: She should have got up earlier and made him breakfast rather than lazing around in bed for him to rape her.
Fuck that - she should have got up extra-early and gone jogging before making breakfast.
She'd probably rather stay in bed and be raped.

John D

Post by John D »

fafnir wrote:
I don't know. I used to post on the JREF all the time, listen to Dawkins etc.... I look back on that time with a similar sense of "boy was I dumb". The only difference between me then and the folks watching The Voice is I was far more smug about the illusion I was in.
Yeah... me too. I was smug as fuck. I almost lost a good friend (who just happens to be Catholic). We used to fight like shit... over dumb stuff. I was always ranting on about facts and shit....attacking the Pope... ranting about the stupidity of prayer... like humans give one shit about facts. Crazy world. Now I discover he and I agree about most first principles about liberty, honesty, responsibility, etc. And now we agree about shit most of the time. The fact that I am a hard atheist and he is Catholic makes little difference these days. Strange trip. Hard to know what is really important.... I still have many doubts.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

John D wrote:
fafnir wrote:
Yeah... me too. I was smug as fuck. I almost lost a good friend (who just happens to be Catholic). We used to fight like shit... over dumb stuff. I was always ranting on about facts and shit....attacking the Pope... ranting about the stupidity of prayer... like humans give one shit about facts. Crazy world. Now I discover he and I agree about most first principles about liberty, honesty, responsibility, etc. And now we agree about shit most of the time. The fact that I am a hard atheist and he is Catholic makes little difference these days. Strange trip. Hard to know what is really important.... I still have many doubts.
One of the things that changed me was realising that I didn't understand how people with non-normie atheist liberal assumptions thought in a way that allowed me to empathise with their point of view and that that was my shortcoming not theirs.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

I don't know who this is for, other than the Pyt in general.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: If they want to doxx me1.... go ahead and do your worst. It won't hurt me a bit.2 ....PS Thought there was a policy here about doxxing? May I threaten to doxx other members without any consequences? 3
1 I don't want to dox you. You dox'd yourself. The only thing I'm guilty-of is correctly-guessing... that if I warned-you that you had dox'd yourself... you would claim it was me threatening to dox you.
The reference to your shaving-habits was to give you a hint-- so you could see where you dox'd yourself-- WITHOUT me dox-ing you by linking to it. Only You would understand the reference & know where to look. Instead, you insist on interpreting it as a threat. Probably-because I was replying-to YOUR threat to punch Matt in the face, the first chance you get. I was not reciprocating your threat. I was doing the opposite: I was showing proof that you had given me an ample chance to 'punch' you & I did no-such-thing.

2but wait... is "go ahead and do your worst. It won't hurt me a bit" an invitation to dox you? (I don't think it is.) I still won't dox you. I'm just pointing-out that you haven't decided whether to play victim or toughguy yet. You sabotage your own contrived-narrative by not getting your story straight.

3 What's the policy on having the ability to dox people & Not Doing So? What's the penalty for not threatening to dox anyone, but being accused of such a threat-- by an accuser who won't face the accused? (I hope the penalty is a slight ripple of laughter from all corners, followed by the joke not being funny anymore & the accusation fading-away.)

---
screwtape wrote: Scotland has insufficient income to cover expenditures. I honestly would enjoy watching
Quoted-- soley to gild the lily of schadenfreude, that screwtape continues to post impotent hateful fantasies of his millions of imagined-enemies suffering pain.

This new "dox-me!" fetish is making me dizzy. I can't tell if I'm defying or catering-to screwtape's perversions... by refusing to dox him:
► Show Spoiler

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

screwtape wrote: You are not the problem, and are unlikely to be ignored by anyone here.
Hot diggety, I'm like a tenured manure-slinger!
Well, I am a rabid TERF...minus the RF part. I know that in certain quarters, the wacky "trans" thing is regarded as settled science. Does this qualify me for "science denier" status?
screwtape wrote: You really ought to be worrying about what to do with Nicola Sturgeon, who seems to be a real threat to common sense in Scotland.
https://c.tenor.com/udyaIUzqWBcAAAAC/pr ... sister.gif

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: gild the lily
That has a very disgusting double-meaning in the British Army. Seriously, even by my gutter-level standards, it's utterly repugnant!

Hint:

To gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
To [Redacted] your [Redacted] before burying them.

(See also: "Jinkies")

ThreeFlangedJavis

John D wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:11 am
THIS GUY!

VDH's dry droning puts some people off, but I find him to be the embodiment of an informed, calm and reasoned appraiser of the times. He's well enough read to put everything in an historical context and he's quite down to earth being a farmer as well as an academic. He's seen it all before at points in history. I would be very surprised if he's a closet racist. Don't get that vibe at all. He does live in a predominantly Mexican American area and has never expressed dissatisfaction with Mexicans who identify themselves as American.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: To [Redacted] your [Redacted]
Heck, that's just SOP at my house. If the water pressure doesn't floosh my chocolate pudding jackson pollack splatter, I give it a pass with the body-temperature low-pressure wash. If that don't work, I reach for the showerhead-on-a-hose & drag it over to the bowl.

As for the [redacted]... In some circles, that's anti-semitic: one of my favorite low signal-to-noise listening pleasures is 'Hoteps BEEN Told You' on YouTube. Hoteps are middle-aged American street blacks of yesteryear... talkin' that same-old nonsense. And middle-aged American street blacks of yesteryear LOVE to blame everything on the [redacted]. But they don't want the 2021 heat that comes with criticizing the [redacted] by name. So they just call the [redacted] "the redacted".

https://youtu.be/e2iEJCQ464c?t=6916

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote: Hey Brivo - lots of unpleasant photographs here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... orial.html

Not NSW, I know, but it looks funky in Vic too...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... orial.html
NSW is all abuzz with projected plans for opening up as we approach the 70% double jabbed level with an eye on the 80% mark.

Victoria, having had multiple lockdowns, is still having their delta caseloads grow and grow.

Add in lefty-fascist-China-loving ‘Chairman Dan’, a local heritage of bloshie trades people (Sydney is new money, not factories) and you get a mess.

The protesters who took over the War Memorial were spoiling for a Ned Kelly-lite fight with police. Dan is happy to give them their wet dream. 🤷‍♂️ These are the type to sport Southern Cross tattoos and yearn for a new Eureka Stockade. Which, incidentally, occurred in … Victoria.

You’re right. Victoria has always seemed slightly suspect to NSW. Interesting, but a bit special.

Keating

Post by Keating »

It also bugs me that none of the people in government know any history. I made a "light on the hill" quip to a couple of Labor staffers and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:
You are not the problem, and are unlikely to be ignored by anyone here. Those that deny pretty obvious science ARE the problem. If they want to doxx me, that would be a small issue for me, although I must say at this point in my short life-expectancy, I can say go ahead and do your worst. It won't hurt me a bit. You really ought to be worrying about what to do with Nicola Sturgeon, who seems to be a real threat to common sense in Scotland. I hope to survive long enough to see her succeed in gaining independence, and then attempt to cope with the fact that Scotland has insufficient income to cover expenditures. I honestly would enjoy watching the EU send in a rescue force to salvage the humanitarian disaster that Scotland would become when there is no tax base for public expenditure, and the police force gives gentle warnings for Class A drug possession, whilst actively seeking out and punishing the real criminals: those who express anti-self-identification sentiments and other examples of hate speech. Just wait for NATO (and maybe the new Macron European Army) to parachute in and save you from....er, what? Yourselves? Netflix couldn't pay enough to set it up, but no doubt will make lots later on when dramatising it.

PS Thought there was a policy here about doxxing? May I threaten to doxx other members without any consequences?
Threatening to doxx? That's OK.
Doxxing? That's a perma-ban No appeal, no second chances.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

When Vickie went all holocaust denial, we didn't put her on ignore. We buried her with a mountain of evidence.

Doc Codger here, after his ipse dixit and bleating of 'it's the Science!' failed to win over any skeptics, has resorted to the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Discussion Board.

I've no issue with ignoring someone you find tedious or annoying. But to hide from earnest debate to avoid addressing legitimate points raised, is pathetic and weak.

Calling for Dog to be banned for wrongthink was peckish. Wishing some of us dead was despicable.

Covid has been a great dodge-and-burn to bring out the stark contrasts between two types of folks that obviously had lain just below the surface.
**WE** don't put people on ignore. Individual users do that.

I'm not interested in debating covid here:I don't have the time to do justice to my arguments. I'm happy for everyone to spout what they want.

I missed calls for woofie to be banned. I would have had nothing to do with that, anyway. Doxxing and socking will get you banned, as will kiddy porn.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: You’ll need to get back to me when you’ve sorted out Sam Sayers.
That one's easy. She got lost, died of hyperthermia. They can't find her cuz the terrain is a bitch and it's vast.

Trail:
Vesper Peak
8.0 miles, roundtrip
Elevation Gain: 4000 ft.
Highest Point: 6214 ft.

Described as “very dangerous and rugged terrain,” with a “hard to follow” trail. Many hikers report getting disoriented.

She expected to be home by 6pm, was last seen at 3pm at the peak. Date was August 1 -- warm during the day, seriously cold at night up there.

Kit:
She wore a green sports bra. “She didn’t have cold weather gear. She had like three sandwiches, some chips and water.”

BF put together "‘survival bags’ filled with Clif Bars, socks, a poncho, compass, flashlight, fire sticks and a lighter," paracord and a knife, to be left by S&R. So we know she carried none of these. Which, obviously, she ended up needing. (I'd add a whistle, a 'space' blanket, a water purifier, and a Browning Buck Mark. Many preppers and tacticools wear paracord 'bracelets'.)

Yet another 'experienced hiker', where 'experienced' means, 'regularly tempted fate but got lucky.'
Oh I agree the UFO rating here is very low.

Of note though. She had done the trail before. It was a day trip rather than an overnighter. She was spotted on the peak so she just needed to U-Turn. Her problem was she was spotted coming south off the peak rather than east. It’s easy to come off a summit misaligned - and then lose it.

Her case is interesting because of the scale of the search, the fact her “point of getting lost” is known as was her last bearing And she had long term tragics carrying on the search. But with no sign.
This was her track in. Plenty of people on the route saw here get to the peak. Basically 1x box canyon route in with a surprise pass at the end

If she headed south off the peak, this is where she ended up (yellow).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Of note though. She had done the trail before. It was a day trip rather than an overnighter. She was spotted on the peak so she just needed to U-Turn. Her problem was she was spotted coming south off the peak rather than east. It’s easy to come off a summit misaligned - and then lose it.

This was her track in. Plenty of people on the route saw here get to the peak. Basically 1x box canyon route in with a surprise pass at the end

It's only a day trip 'til it's not.

The terrain at the peak looks monotonous. Likely easy to take the wrong path. Further down, it's very steep and thick with second-growth forest. LOS would be a few feet.

Lose your footing, slide and slide, and you might have no clue where you are when you come to a stop. The urge would be to continue downward, especially if you thought you were heading in the general right direction.

Then it's sunset and you're in the middle of the forest with no water, a bag of chips, and a green sports bra. You die.

No way S&R are traveling much down any of those yellow lines. Besides, their LOS is crap, too -- they could pass right by her. That is a huge amount of area, all of it nasty to traverse.

I'd start from the river and work my way up, but the odds of ever finding her are exceedingly low.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: To [Redacted] your [Redacted]
Heck, that's just SOP at my house.
If only you knew...

(heaving and retching sounds)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Of note though. She had done the trail before. It was a day trip rather than an overnighter. She was spotted on the peak so she just needed to U-Turn. Her problem was she was spotted coming south off the peak rather than east. It’s easy to come off a summit misaligned - and then lose it.

[im.][/img]

[im.[/img]
It's only a day trip 'til it's not.

The terrain at the peak looks monotonous. Likely easy to take the wrong path. Further down, it's very steep and thick with second-growth forest. LOS would be a few feet.

Lose your footing, slide and slide, and you might have no clue where you are when you come to a stop. The urge would be to continue downward, especially if you thought you were heading in the general right direction.

Then it's sunset and you're in the middle of the forest with no water, a bag of chips, and a green sports bra. You die.

No way S&R are traveling much down any of those yellow lines. Besides, their LOS is crap, too -- they could pass right by her. That is a huge amount of area, all of it nasty to traverse.

I'd start from the river and work my way up, but the odds of ever finding her are exceedingly low.
All wilderness areas have built-in risk. Though your linked article likes to think this route is beginners fare.

She certainly had her own take on “base layers”

https://www.seattlemet.com/news-and-cit ... sam-sayers

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Let's accept screwtape's premise that I "have no understanding of medicine, immunology or epidemiology".

I defer-to screwtape's expertise.

Now read the quote below, about an 'epidemic' of murder, and consistently apply screwtape's analysis to the Covid epidemic.

You'll find many parallels to choose-from.

Por ejemplo, the differences between men & women: Men have shorter lifespans. Also, Covid affects men worse. Additionally, men are less likely to be vax'd. So when CNN claims Covid is a 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' because 'the unvaccinated' die-more and at younger-ages... how much of that is really due-to the vaccine's effectiveness/ as-opposed to the underlying lifespan-gap between men & women? And the underlying effects of Covid on men vs. women.

Stated another way: Imagine a (poorly designed) control trial-- in which the 'vax' group were all women & the 'placebo' group were all men... but then the gender-differences were ignored in analyzing the data. One would mistakenly think the vax added 4 to 7 years to people's lives... even if it actually had zero effect. And that's Exactly How the population-wide covid/vax data IS interpreted by governments and media and plenty of credentialed medicos who should know better.

Another parallel: screwtape is able to comprehend that govt edicts can't eradicate violence by banning straight razors. Now apply that to Covid. Whether we regard humans as "manslaughter" murderers, or the disease-itself as the killer-- no-amount of draconian crackdowns on humans/ or forced vaccinations/ will 100% stop humans from spreading the disease. And no amount of crackdowns on the virus will stop it from finding a host-population to hide-in.
screwtape wrote: And for laughs and giggles, CNN tells us there is a "femicide" epidemic in the UK.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/uk/sabin ... index.html

And yet murder statistics show that male victims outnumber female victims three to one over the same period. XX Lives Matter!

Quite seriously, and completely unexamined in the CNN piece (perhaps no surprise there), it might be that female victims of murder have become disproportionately higher. It may be that numbers of such crimes have risen, but in proportion with male victims. Or they may have risen but not as much as male victims. From a brief look at murder statistics in the UK, it seems like there are a lot more murders, and males still constitute a large majority of victims. The stats are not presented in a way that allows easy analysis by sex, as there is more mileage in gaining more funding for the police if they can say lots more women are being killed. No one in their right mind would worry about the men. No doubt we are getting used to such discrimination, and being the sex that does not complain, we will cope.

Evidently the Brits need to urgently ban all knives, razors, nails, nail files, screws (not the ones that matter in prisons), and corkscrews. There are no guns left to ban, so they must destroy the ability of the population to slaughter each other in every way. That means hammers, bricks, rocks, cars, bleach, all substances with pH <7 must go. No more vinegar on your fish and chips. Maybe no more fish and chips if they are crispy enough for blunt force trauma.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kit:

I was just backpacking Porcupine Mountains this summer. We had setup camp for the night and I went into the woods to take a crap. I paid attention to the features in the woods (big dead trees...etc.) so I could return and I traveled up over a ridge and a little stream. Maybe 400 feet. After doing my dirty work I started back to camp. I crossed the stream and bam!... I was completely disoriented. The stream was full of turns and I could not be sure how to retrace my steps. I probed out in various directions and didn't recognize a thing.... just trees everywhere. So... I returned to the edge of the stream and yelled like hell to my friends. Eventually they yelled "We are over here!"

Haha. Seriously. If I was alone I might have walked off for miles.

It is very very easy to get lost in a thick wood. I was pretty embarrassed, but my friends all had similar stories about getting temporarily turned around. Now... imaging it is dusk and below freezing. How many of us would panic and how many of us would injure ourselves. "Game over man... game over!"

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Something about the way Matt describes these wilderness unfortunates... gives me a scary ghost-story shudder.

First it was the couple with the baby & dog... the guy in his Chuck Taylor high tops & skinny jeans & belly... is interchangeable with me. And now this jogbra chick... is similar to my brother & uncle's decades-long hobby of climbing all 28 of Colorado's 14er's.

Part of my family is based in the Rockies-- and all my life we've camped at high altitude & skied back trails-- using a mishmash of musty, obsolete gear stored in Grandma's old chicken-house... with occasional infusions of newer-junk from garage sales, Denver thrift stores, or found in trash curbside as my mailman-uncle makes his rounds.

I flashback to one incident when I was in the lead, going single-file, around the equator of an egg-shaped icy-snow formation 50 or 100 feet tall. Nothing but down down down below. I couldn't get the edge of my cross-country ski to bite into the ice, for a foothold... so I balked at moving forward. Behind me was my brother & cousin... then my uncle barking at me for being a pussy. He's a tough mountain man, doesn't like being-veto'd. But I'm sure-glad I stood up to him.

Years later-- same uncle, brother, cousin... on a gentle walk summer walk up a 14er... on a not-so-steep incline of loose rocks the size of footstools... reached a patch of stubborn snowice maybe 60 feet long. They were fooling-around on it, sledding on their asses like a playground slide. My brother picked-up too much speed, couldn't stop. Cousin tried to break his fall by jumping on him... didn't work. Bro skidded into the rocks, splitting his eyebrow... lots of blood. Thought he lost an eye for a moment. They decided it was easier to continute over the the peak... and down the other side to a parking-area & road... than turn-back. When they reached that lot at dusk... hikers packing a car to leave... saw the dried-blood on my brother's face... and hopped in their car & sped-away, rather than offer a ride out/ or to send help up the mountain.

A lifetime of similar stories... traipsing into hairy circumstances, without the 'right' gear & procedures. (including the Crocs I wear in the ghetto now... despite the constant violence around-me from deranged homeless drug-addicts.)

I'm not saying Matt's analysis is wrong, about Best Practices. I'm saying it goes-against my lifetime of habits. Makes me revisit my assumptions. I guess I view Adventure Fun as 'playing the odds'. If someone makes the game chancy-er by not bothering to carry water, or even bothering to think-about their-own safety... it's "their funeral". Just like the rest of life.

HECK, maybe the Dumb White Bitch news story hype is Justified! They probably-are the group who most needs to be reminded that the world isn't an Instagram Moment or RomCom-- with them as the center of the universe-- magically-immune to a Sad Ending.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I have 140 acres, have ridden and tromped through its woods for twenty years, and I can get completely turned around.

I joke that funerals are now commonly called Celebration of Life ceremonies. Mine's gonna be called a Search Party.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: All wilderness areas have built-in risk.
Most of these cases seem to involve a gross underestimate of the risk. Not sure if that's because, here on the West coast at least, very harsh terrain and conditions are just an hour or two drive away from the city, where a mistake like hers means you have to wait for the next bus.
Though your linked article likes to think this route is beginners fare.
I dunno a 4000 ft gain to 6000 ft is nothing to sneeze at. Footing looks tough at least at the summit.

All irrelevant if she took the wrong turn. Did her lunch mate not know that wasn't a trail?

She certainly had her own take on “base layers”

https://www.seattlemet.com/news-and-cit ... sam-sayers
She's glamming in many of her trail photos, and took a whimsical approach to kit. Wonder if she was trying to become a social media celebrity, or it was just insouciance.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: She's glamming in many of her trail photos, and took a whimsical approach to kit. Wonder if she was trying to become a social media celebrity, or it was just insouciance.
The head tattoo is described somewhere as a way of dealing with her alopecia and people looking at her and feeling sorry for her. My thought had been she was trying to deal with insecurities by exuding confidence. The going up a mountain in her bra and the head tattoo felt related to me.

Does anybody remember Bob Flanagan, the supermasochist? He was a comedian/performance artist/BDSM practitioner dying from cystic fibrosis who would do things like hammering a nail through the head of his penis for an art project (the kind of person Service Dog hangs out with between meeting interesting people). In the documentary about him there is a girl with cystic fibrosis, and she gets her nipples pierced. Something about showing your body, and everybody who thinks you are sick and weak, that you have control and power.

Just a thought.

John D

Post by John D »

Rose McGowan - WTF! I am not sure what to think.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote: The head tattoo is described somewhere as a way of dealing with her alopecia and people looking at her and feeling sorry for her. My thought had been she was trying to deal with insecurities by exuding confidence. The going up a mountain in her bra and the head tattoo felt related to me.

Does anybody remember Bob Flanagan, the supermasochist? He was a comedian/performance artist/BDSM practitioner dying from cystic fibrosis who would do things like hammering a nail through the head of his penis for an art project (the kind of person Service Dog hangs out with between meeting interesting people). In the documentary about him there is a girl with cystic fibrosis, and she gets her nipples pierced. Something about showing your body, and everybody who thinks you are sick and weak, that you have control and power.

Just a thought.
I think you're on to something.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: "Game over man... game over!"
For those who didn't get the reference: