Back to Conspiratoria

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Re: Back to Conspiratoria

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Well, the handgun techniques you suggested a while back had miraculous results. :D
At the risk of sounding like an arrogant jerk, I wish I could actually coach you in-the-flesh. I've been known to turn the most horrible shot(s) in the unit (clerks, dental techs, members of the band etc) into lethal shots. Not only that, due to the nature of the subject matter, certain aspects do not translate well into the written word - they need to be shown and explained irl.

Note: I'm not saying you're a horrible shot, just suggesting there's always room for improvement or a wee bit of polish.

As for hangun stuff - I'm something of a rifle and MG guru; I can teach and coach pistol(s) but when it comes to rifles/machine guns, I'm like a jedi master! Burst fire, cqb, assault technique, sustained fire (fire support using automatic weaponry), group clenching, stitching, pairs/fire team/section applied fire etc - those are the things that give me a cordite-induced hardon!

Oh, and to put things into perspective - my happiest time in the Army was when I was a lowly corporal and was given command of my own section. Imagine having ten guys, all trained/coached to your own personal standards, reacting instantly to your orders/hand signals by laying down a blistering tsunami of deadly fire. Splitting the section in half (fire-teams) at a barked command, adjusting the sustained fire from the two support gunners using only hand signals and watching the entire section adjust the rate of fire without telling them ("drills driven" reaction to changes in engagement) - it was like being the conductor of a deadly orchestra!

Yeah, it's something I was really passionate about and probably explains why I love ranting about the subject :)

If I lived in America, I'd buy a bit of land and turn it into my own personal range. Also, I'd build up a truly outrageous collection of rifles and associated equipment. Also, I'd coach anyone for a bottle of cold beer at the end of the range period.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Bhurzum wrote: Imagine having ten guys or girls, all trained/coached to your own personal standards, reacting instantly to your orders/hand signals by laying down a blistering tsunami of deadly fire.
My bad!

(edit button, routinely)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice

How did you do that? Sorcery?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: How did you do that? Sorcery?
heh - basic image tags.

Also, to reduce my shit-posting count, check this out. I didn't think it would translate well to the guitar but...wow! It's a slightly different vibe to a piano rendition but is still beautiful!

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum wrote:
heh - basic image tags.

Also, to reduce my shit-posting count, check this out. I didn't think it would translate well to the guitar but...wow! It's a slightly different vibe to a piano rendition but is still beautiful!

Ta.
I could play that on classical guitar as well as some of the other gnossiennes and gymnopedies. At my peak I could play this one:

Alas, arthritis caught up to me and my guitar has been hanging on the wall for a long time.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Code: Select all

[img]https://phraseit.net/image/rendered/dkoxbt.jpg[/img]

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
heh - basic image tags.

Ta.
I could play that on classical guitar as well as some of the other gnossiennes and gymnopedies. At my peak I could play this one:

Alas, arthritis caught up to me and my guitar has been hanging on the wall for a long time.
God damn... the lyrics on these songs suck!

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Bhurzum wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:34 am
Oh, and to put things into perspective - my happiest time in the Army was when I was a lowly corporal and was given command of my own section. Imagine having ten guys, all trained/coached to your own personal standards, reacting instantly to your orders/hand signals by laying down a blistering tsunami of deadly fire. Splitting the section in half (fire-teams) at a barked command, adjusting the sustained fire from the two support gunners using only hand signals and watching the entire section adjust the rate of fire without telling them ("drills driven" reaction to changes in engagement) - it was like being the conductor of a deadly orchestra!
Would you expect small squad tactics to translate well to airsoft? I tried the game out for the first time a while back with some guys I'd just met and we were shot to hell by a father and his two pre-teen sons that were using some actual commands.

It reminded me of field exercises in the Army actually. We'd all be having a grand time firing off blanks until infantry showed up and it became obvious they'd actually learned something in AIT.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Service Dog wrote: ↑
Do you think the claims in that Lincoln Project ad you-posted are true? Did Trump spend "every" political donation "dollar you sent him" "on himself" "to keep his shaky business empire and lavish lifestyle going" committing "fraud"?

To me that sounds like: lies. But what you you think? Do you think it's true? Or do you not give a fuck whether it's true-or-not?
Are these supposed to be trick questions? you are really worked up for some reason?
My questions are not tricks. Just regular questions. I can't read your mind, so the way to find-out what you think is to ask.

You replied... but you didn't answer the questions: Do you think Lincoln Project told the truth in that ad? Do you care whether they lied?

For context-- recall that Trump complained that Fox News had refused to air Trump's ads-- saying the ads didn't meet Fox's standards of truthfulness/ while allowing the Lincoln Project ad to run.

I wonder whether you dispute Trump's claim that this Lincoln Project ad is not truthful. Or perhaps that detail doesn't matter to you?

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote:
I wonder whether you dispute Trump's claim that this Lincoln Project ad is not truthful. Or perhaps that detail doesn't matter to you?
To say that none of the money was spent on trying to relitigate the election is false. To say that a significant amount of the money was taken from the fund for Trump's private use or profit from his facililities is true.
Does it matter to me? Yes in the sense that taking hyperbole to the point of being inaccurate makes me suspicious of other claims they make.
I do agree with the premise that people sending money to Trump are suckers.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news (from that bastion of journalistic integrity) The Daily Flail :
Big missed steak! Beyond Meat COO is arrested for biting the 'flesh' off a man's NOSE during road rage attack outside Arkansas college football stadium

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -game.html

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

jet_lagg wrote: Would you expect small squad tactics to translate well to airsoft? I tried the game out for the first time a while back with some guys I'd just met and we were shot to hell by a father and his two pre-teen sons that were using some actual commands.
Absolutely.

If your team knows how to give accurate target indications and the section commander knows how to give a fire order, you should be a pretty tough opponent. In short, the following are the actual formats we use:

Target indication (given by anyone who spots an enemy)

Range - in meters from observer to target
Indication - the direction to the target*
Description - brief description of the target and what it's doing

* We split terrain into the following elements - left of arc, right of arc, axis (a line straight up the middle), near, middle and far distance. We can further break these elements down by use of half, quarter, slightly etc.

Example: 30m (or "near"), quarter left of axis, machine gunner prone behind log!

This will get all eyes looking more or less where the enemy is. After that, it's only a matter of watching for movement (or muzzle flash) at which point the bugger is made. At this point, the section commander, having considered tactical or operational factors, will formulate then issue an FCO - fire control order.

Fire control order (issued by section commander or 2 I/C)

Group - the group of soldiers in the section who are to engage the enemy. This can be designated by the numbers of individual riflemen, fireteam (an infantry section - usually ten plus individuals including fire support gunners - is always split evenly into two half-section teams - charlie and delta) or if the threat is severe, section - the entire section (including fire support) are to engage the enemy.

Range - given in meters from observer to target. This ensures the group adjusts their sights correctly and provides effective fire straight away.

Indication - Description of where the enemy is - left of arc, half right, slightly right of axis etc.

Type of fire - very, very important! The section commander orders the type of fire to be employed (rapid, bursts or deliberate) thus ensuring the group don't go mental and needlessly waste ammunition. Note: "Deliberate" is a steady rate of fire (one round every 2 to 6 seconds) and is the default rate. The order "fire" is used to designate "deliberate" fire.

Fire order - the command to actually start shooting. Will be "fire" (deliberate), "rapid fire" (increased rate of fire, used when multiple targets are not in cover and the commander wants to maximise casualties) or "bursts fire" (mainly used for repelling an enemy assault or in the closing stages of an assault on an enemy position).

There's also a "delayed" fire order - command is "Watch and shoot" - given when the section commander wants the group to observe the designated area then engage the first enemy they spot.

Example one: Charlie fire team, 90m, quarter left of axis, mortar team at corner of barn, fire!

Example two: riflemen 1, 2 and 3, 50m, right of arc, break in wall, enemy rifleman, watch and shoot!

Example three: Section, 150m, from left of arc to half right of axis, enemy section in open, rapid fire!

Note: when you first hear this type of stuff, it sounds very alien, almost robotic, but a group of shooters who are well versed in this shit are a joy to behold. If you ever get the chance to watch an infantry firepower demo, you'll see what I mean. The rate(s) and direction of fire will change like the clicking of a metronome, targets will be shredded seconds after they appear and the whole thing is done in such a way that very few rounds are wasted.

Also, if you do get to attend one of these demos, just imagine being downrange!

Addendum: I've left out a few bits and pieces but the above is a solid foundation and decent description of the system(s) we use. Also, sorry for the wall of bollocks.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I have two horses who chew up the seat of my quad if I'm slow to feed. I pop 'em on the butts with an airsoft pistol I keep on the porch. The one horse has learned to clear off at the sound of the slide racking (spring action), but the other still gallops off when the mystery thing bites him.

That's my tactics.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: To say that none of the money was spent on trying to relitigate the election is false. To say that a significant amount of the money was taken from the fund for Trump's private use or profit from his facililities is true.
Does it matter to me? Yes in the sense that taking hyperbole to the point of being inaccurate makes me suspicious of other claims they make.
Thanks for the straight answers.

I do agree with the premise that people sending money to Trump are suckers.

Perhaps you will be surprised to learn-- that People Who Sent Money To Trump agree with you.

After Election Day 2020, the Republican party used Trump's name-- & the fishy election-- to fund-raise hundred$ of million$ from Trump supporters--

who THOUGHT their money would be used to fund Trump's legal challenges to the election.

(The RNC sent letters & texts-like-these to 75 Million Trump voters:
https://media.patriots.win/post/S5ad1VK0.jpeg )

Nope. The RNC kept the money & tried-to ditch Trump/ returning the pre-Trump beltway status-quo.

But the GOP voters & donors chose Trump over Mitch McConnell, Liz Cheney, Eyepatch McCain et al.

https://media.patriots.win/post/mBd5EIND.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/EUCrFxJ7.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/rBTL4gaw.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/T2wxLHHc.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/TDHYY3W3.jpeg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dr. Fauci, Biden's puppeteer Ron Klain, Fed/Treasury whore Janet Yellen, and woke racewar agitator Ibram X. Kendi to Headline Pfizer-Funded, Far-Left Conference in D.C. This Week.

How Much Will Pfizer Pay Fauci?!!

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Ft ... -pfizer%2F
The September 21st to 23rd Atlantic magazine festival will take place at the Wharf in Washington, D.C., with tickets going for a cool $400.00 per person. Topics are set to include critical race theory, diversity, Ukraine, censorship, climate change, and centralizing healthcare and pandemic response control.

Fauci – who has overseen most of America’s COVID-19 response in his role as the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases – has long been the subject of “fact checks” by corporate media sources such as Reuters, which deny his links with Big Pharma group Pfizer. The chairman and former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Thomson Reuters Foundation– James C. Smith – is a top investor and board member for Pfizer, as The National Pulse revealed in December 2021.

Pfizer vaccine studies have also shown adverse effects on the health of its recipients, including altered menstrual cycles in women, lowered sperm count in men, and cardiovascular problems in children and young adults. Despite the flaws – or perhaps because of them – the company hired a record-breaking number of politically connected lobbyists to help advance vaccine mandates.

Anti-America Line Up.
Other participants in the event include White House Chief of Staff Ronald A. Klain, “anti-racist” activist Ibram X. Kendi, top “Critical Race Theory” scholar Kimberlé Crenshaw, as well as Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen.

The first day of the conference includes “underwritten” panels by Pfizer, Genentech, the Walton Family Foundation, and Edward Jones. The website explains that “underwritten” sessions are “not produced by the Atlantic’s Editorial Team”. In other words, they are long, paid “advertorial” by major corporate interests. Underwritten sessions account for half of the first day’s events; 62.5 percent of the second day’s events; and none of the last day’s events.

The second day’s programming includes a panel on “misinformation”, underwritten by the Boston Consulting Group, and starring TikTok’s “Misinformation Researcher” Abbie Richards, as well as Louis Jacobson from the partisan “fact checker” Politifact. Richards is unlikely to be quizzed on recent revelations that dark money Democrat groups are paying for misinformation to be spread on her Chinese Communist-owned platform by leading Obama acolytes.

Southern Company is then underwriting a panel on George Floyd, followed by the MacArthur Foundation hyping ‘Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion’ and Penguin Books promoting critical race theory.

China Links.
Happy Hours each day are taking place at District Pier in Washington, D.C., with representatives from the hard-left Omidyar network also due in attendance. Omidyar network founder Pierre Omidyar was connected in 2021 to the Chinese Communist-linked Berggruen Institute, whose staff helped run the now-infamous anti-Trump political war game which saw recently appointed Biden advisor John Podesta refuse to concede the election despite losing on election night, in-game.

The Transition Integrity Project’s predictions came to pass, as the political establishment refused Trump poll watchers access and claimed victory in the days after the 2020 vote.

The conference will also host the premiere of a new Peacock documentary entitled Shadowland, wherein political elites are interviewed in an attempt to debunk the idea of a ruling political class in the United States. They will claim that the idea of a political elite or oligarchy is anti-Semitic.
FAQ PDF from the shady, payola-flavored event:
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Ft ... -pfizer%2F

The Atlantic is owned by Steve Jobs' widow-- and Ghislane Maxwell galpal-- Laurene Powell Jobs, known as 'the new Soros'.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: Range - in meters from observer to target
Indication - the direction to the target*
Description - brief description of the target and what it's doing

* We split terrain into the following elements - left of arc, right of arc, axis (a line straight up the middle), near, middle and far distance. We can further break these elements down by use of half, quarter, slightly etc.

Example: 30m (or "near"), quarter left of axis, machine gunner prone behind log!
My mind automatically interpreted this description-- as game rules-- for a card-game version of 'Battleship!'.

Players would-be teammates.

Acting as Spotter, a player would a draw card-- each with a tidbit of Range/Indication/Description--

& choose when/how-much of that info to show Shooter teammate... who decides when to take a shot.

Call-a-spot, or shoot too early-- you might not have your target dead-to-rights. But wait-- and you might lose him. etc.

With the right designer, it would make a nice strategy simulator. But I'm not the right designer-- so I'd abstract the mechanics-- & use 'em as the chassis under a story-telling game.

Like this:
https://youtu.be/SYoRurrYcEI

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

An interesting & thorough analysis which places the sinking of Hood 2 minutes earlier than the official time.

http://www.kbismarck.com/hood-sinking001.pdf

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I was 7 or 8 when my parents took me to see Every Which Way But Loose in the theater. I thought it was great. It had a little more edge than Smokey & the Bandit or the Dukes of Hazzard. And I can't think of another film which comes-close-- in evoking late-70's Colorado, when I was an 'army brat' in the Springs.

I've seen it again every decade-or-two, I suppose. Sunday I watched it with GF... and I gotta admit... I never-before noticed just-how unapologetically awful it is. And still pretty great... but... dang... whatever magic made it NOT a total stinker... is hard to isolate&study. Next night we watched the sequel.

And tonight we watched Gran Torino. Which was probably taken too-seriously by Hollywood when it came-out. And then not-seriously-enough for a few years. And then it was a big no-no in the George Floyd years.

And now... it has aged-well... for very sad reasons. In particular: the ending.
► Show Spoiler

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

In 1988, three 15 year old girls... one in Florida, one in Washington state, one in Wisconsin... all separately saw a certain up-and-coming choreographer on PBS. And they each individually figured-out they could attend his dance company's summer 'residency' as students... for a couple thousand bucks. So the 3 girls spent several weeks dancing & socializing with weed-smokin' professional dancers... a decade-or-so older... and all 3 decided that's what they wanted to become.

After her summer-of-dance, one girl switched high-schools... leaving a new, modern, yuppie high school/ to begin 11th grade at the worn-down West High, closer to the University campus, with a better reputation for Arts. And my family just-happened to move to that same city that same year... and I began 11th grade at the yuppie school that-girl had just left. My circle of friends were the artsy/theater group she had left-behind. They talked about her all the time. 3 years later-- she & I began our life together in nyc. And we lasted 23 years. She never got-into that up-and-coming choreographer's company... but she did dance for an offshoot of that company, which I managed for-a-while. She never landed a fulltime gig with a bigtime company, but she kept making appealing dance & was a minor-but-beloved star in burlesque, & taught yoga.

Another of those 15-year-old girls-- was an R. Crumb Girl type. Hippie deadhead. When she arrived in nyc with a few more years & a few more miles on-her-- her access to weed made her welcome around the up-and-coming choreographer & his dancers. And it didn't hurt that she'd fuck their manager & not tell anyone. But those same endeavors also killed her chances of being hired as a fulltime dancer. Instead-- she joined another company-- led by a charismatic, blonde-jesus lookin' clubkid. Then my ex joined, too. And then me. And we had some 'legendary' and 'notorious' exploits in nightclubs and offbeat venues. But it didn't pay the bills. Back around the turn of the millennium, she tricked me into cheating on my ex with her. It didn't take _much_ to trick me... but it _did_ require trickery. (Odd coincidence: my current GF was the downstairs neighbor-- at my moment of infidelity.) Hippie girl moved to the Rocky Mountains & did more drugs & got batty & aged-prematurely. The jesus-lookin' choreographer died of drugs.

The third of those 15-year old girls... was a tall redhead with the most poise & promise. A real knock-out! She went to a prestigious dance school, with stereotypically sadistic instructors. She came to nyc & (like the other 2) flitted around the fringes of the up-and-coming (now quite successful) choreographer. Unlike the others... she wrote an ultimatum letter: 'either hire me in your company or I gotta leave town & go do something else.' They hired her. She toured the world. For over a decade, she was romantically involved with a Harley-riding stud male lead dancer-- who had been 30 when she met him at 15. (They weren't romantic until after she graduated college). Apart from Fang, that Harley-dude remains the closest thing I have to a friend, and lives one block away. She left that guy, got married, had a baby (now age 10), got divorced. She still works for that same 'up&coming' (now declining) choreographer-- teaching dance as physical therapy-- to crippled people-- at his dance school.

She & I are the least-close of the 3 girls. I always counted her as one of 'my' dancers... girls my age who I watched grow & struggle in pursuit of careers. (Others in the 'my dancers' category were girls I knew as dance-students at Barnard, but that's another story.) She's been on my periphery for so long, I think of her as an old friend. But, really, we were friendly, but not friends per-se. This-year I started hiring-her as a bartender for the fashion events I produce, including the jewelry event. The funny thing is-- after all this time-- downtime at the jewelry event-- was practically the first one-on-one time we've ever had (except a single day at the beach, back in 1994). And, it turns out, we're strangers! ...who know a whole-lot about each-other. It's weird. There's just a certain lack of chemistry. What a funny thing to discover, after all this time.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dog, have you seen WHIPLASH?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: And, it turns out, we're strangers! ...who know a whole-lot about each-other. It's weird. There's just a certain lack of chemistry. What a funny thing to discover, after all this time.
Can relate.

In high school, I used to drool over a girl in my "Registration" class (a head-count to identify anyone skipping school that day), a real beauty, very intelligent (way smarter than me) but quite introverted and not part of the popular clique of girls. For three long years I'd routinely watch her - not in a creepy way, just an internal appreciation of how attractive and un-fucked-up she was when compared to the majority of girls in my year.

It should be noted, I was very confident in my dealings with the fairer sex and would happily risk rejection by seeking out dates etc. However, the girl in question was very much off-limits - too focussed on her studies, was never spotted at any parties or social gatherings and to be quite frank, her shyness was something of an obstacle. Having said that, there was a little voice in my head that told me to leave her alone and not attempt to drag her into my dumb-fuck social circle. The girls I courted were mouth-breathers - great fun but hardly destined for a career in quantum physics.

Anyway, school ended, my social circle exploded into adult society (god help it!) and I promptly fucked right off into a life of DPM clothing, car-park wrestling and struggling to deal with married life.

Fast forward a few years and I bumped into her and her younger brother at an "open day" (military recruiting tool - a quite underhanded method of luring impressionable young people into joining up - look at this cool machine gun, yes, you get paid to play your favourite sports, check out the hot female squaddies etc) and spent a couple of hours escorting them around the various stands and demonstrations. Her brother, a bright young lad, was contemplating a career in military intelligence and had dragged her along as moral support.

I managed to grab about 20 minutes with her whilst he was chatting with an INT Corps captain (fuck me, yawn!) and we got to reminiscing about our school days. Turns out, although she didn't have the hots for me (why would she? I was a fucking idiot!), she actually really liked me and was surprised I never asked her out. Even though I was not really her type, she said she would have given me a chance if I'd asked - turns out my confidence and good nature (her words, not mine) would have gone a long way in her eyes.

Fuck my luck.

I'm "friends" with her on failbook (she lives in England, has one kid to a failed marriage, does something to do with medical/drug research) but I'm dreading the day she invites me to pop down for a visit/holiday. It's coming, she's hinted at it several times but the notion gives me a cold feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. No idea why but she freaks me out - I think it's a residual echo of my "don't ruin her life" thoughts from high school.

Besides, the instant I get over my crippling fear of spiders, dingos, drop-bears and sharks, I'm buggering off to Australia to shack up with my ex-medic mate - she's smoking hot, desperate for a portion of Scottish beef and has already told me (several times and in great detail) all of the filthy things she wants to do to my quivering carcass.

But...Australia. Why did she have to move to Australia?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/72/8e/4c/728e ... f08e49.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: WHIPLASH?
I've seen the trailer & the big finale.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Bhurzum wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:01 pm
Type of fire - very, very important! The section commander orders the type of fire to be employed (rapid, bursts or deliberate) thus ensuring the group don't go mental and needlessly waste ammunition. Note: "Deliberate" is a steady rate of fire (one round every 2 to 6 seconds) and is the default rate. The order "fire" is used to designate "deliberate" fire.
This is the big difference I noticed, lack of concern over ammo. Even if you find the hich capacity magazines annoying (they rattle, you need to stop sometimes and crank them to reload the spring fed section from the reservoir), the mid-caps still hold 150 bb's a piece. When I went it was common to spray full auto in the general direction of where an enemy may or may not be. Compounding that the rifles aren't nearly as accurate as their real life counterparts (though I got a huge kick out of how much the one I bought looks and feels like the M4 carbine from my Army days). Also you pour it on since sometimes you need to land multiple shots to make an opponent call it out. Even if a person isn't cheating you might not notice getting hit when your blood is pumping and it's not a sensitive spot.

There are gas blowback rifles that will cycle the bolt carrier to give you a satisfying kick and have magazines with realistic capacities. They're extremely pricey though and less reliable than the electronic counterparts from what I hear. Talking to people it sounds like even in milsim events they're not as popular. For a simulation you'd think letting people tote around a thousand rounds of ammunition would be against the rules.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: WHIPLASH?
I've seen the trailer & the big finale.
It's better if one doesn't know the finale, but still worth taking in the whole movie. Point is, with professional musicians as with dancers or actors, everyone wants to be one, but not only don't most folks have what it takes (I mean not just the raw talent), most folks wouldn't want to have what it takes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jet_lagg wrote: Compounding that the rifles aren't nearly as accurate as their real life counterparts
My cheap pistols have about 250 fps, and you can track the weaving & bobbing of the pellets with the bare eye. I bought a bunch for about $8 each from Walmart when I was handgun shopping to get a feel for grips. They are shit and most have already broken.

(though I got a huge kick out of how much the one I bought looks and feels like the M4 carbine from my Army days).
For my birthday, I received an all-metal, near-exact BB gun replica of my Beretta. (Not cheap, but I am loved.) Fires copper plated metal BBs. I've been using it to practice my draw and it's great, can shoot cans from the front porch without heading to my range.

Do the Airsoft clubs attract vets? That was the impression I got when I had a look at my local one. They were serious as shit. But I've seen a video of a 'match' from elsewhere and it was a bunch of nerdy LARPers milling about, getting picked off one by one by an active grunt. My friend's an ex undercover cop, and he said when he went paintballing, he could take out most of the other side by just strolling up behind them and saying 'hi there!'

Airsoft was invented by the Japanese so they could play with pretend versions of real guns. Cuz it's almost impossible to own a real gun in Japan, and even then you're only allowed old matchlock fowling pieces the Portuguese left behind.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Do the Airsoft clubs attract vets? That was the impression I got when I had a look at my local one. They were serious as shit.
Old buddy of mine co-owns an airsoft facility in the South of England. He says it's quite popular with currently active soldiers but not so popular with ex-military. Might be a UK thing.

Personally, I prefer painball guns - the shots have weight, it's stings like buggery (90% of the time, you know when you've been hit) and it's much, much harder to cheat.

https://www.pbguy.com/wp-content/upload ... 431463.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: most folks wouldn't want to have what it takes.
Yeah. In the artworld I inhabit-- we ain't talking about olympian perfection & dedication. "What it takes" may include gaps in being a complete person. In the case of this redhead-- I was taken-aback days-ago, by some of the oblivious things she said. For example-- her ex-husband is a musical director in charge of orchestras & jazz ensembles. But she complained to-me that he had "secretly" watched football when she was away dancing on-tour. And now she's bothered that-- in his shared-custody time-- he has introduced their daughter to Fantasy Football. "Great, she'll be good at math!" I joked. And the redhead scowled, not-comprehending that Fantasy Football is a probability game. She continued, "I told my mother about the football thing, and she said "See-- I told you he was never Our People". I cringed. Her anesthesiologist father & intellectual mother raised her-- according-to their snobbish aspirations to be "better" than their hick-town Florida neighbors. I was surprised she hasn't outgrown that yet. But "what it takes" to never-give-up in the service of High Art dance... may include a deeply-ingrained shallow-dogma of Good Art vs. Bad Philistines. A belief that she's fighting on behalf of something worthy... not-just an employee of a fat old faggot choreographer, constantly emitting insults & tantrums which don't improve the art.

She was always stoic... icy, even. But then her rare smiles & laughter were enormous. I interpreted that as wisdom, grace, & perceptiveness. Like Athena. (Which made her distant-- and so, for me, an object of admiration, not lust). In contrast-- I was a blabbering know-it-all, so my strengths & shortcomings were right-out-front / hard to miss. Then, last week, I came to see her as an all-too-typical educated-white-liberal-mom. The sort who kinda lost touch of the adult-world, while raising her kid. At the end of a long workday-- GF told redhead to take cab home-- and charge it to our boss. Rather than stand on the subway platform at night. Redhead confidently said, "You sound afraid, like you're new in the city!" GF said, "You sound like you don't realize how bad it's gotten."

She's not an idiot. She's a high-functioning, resilient person. But she's a racehorse... wearing blinders. I find that disconcerting. I think these times are full of blindside surprises. Conventional wisdom isn't sufficient.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Personally, I prefer painball guns - the shots have weight, it's stings like buggery (90% of the time, you know when you've been hit) and it's much, much harder to cheat.
And bears who show up for the garbage buffet hate getting plunked by them!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: most folks wouldn't want to have what it takes.
Yeah. In the artworld I inhabit-- we ain't talking about olympian perfection & dedication. "What it takes" may include gaps in being a complete person. In the case of this redhead-- I was taken-aback days-ago, by some of the oblivious things she said. For example-- her ex-husband is a musical director in charge of orchestras & jazz ensembles. But she complained to-me that he had "secretly" watched football when she was away dancing on-tour. And now she's bothered that-- in his shared-custody time-- he has introduced their daughter to Fantasy Football. "Great, she'll be good at math!" I joked. And the redhead scowled, not-comprehending that Fantasy Football is a probability game. She continued, "I told my mother about the football thing, and she said "See-- I told you he was never Our People". I cringed. Her anesthesiologist father & intellectual mother raised her-- according-to their snobbish aspirations to be "better" than their hick-town Florida neighbors. I was surprised she hasn't outgrown that yet. But "what it takes" to never-give-up in the service of High Art dance... may include a deeply-ingrained shallow-dogma of Good Art vs. Bad Philistines. A belief that she's fighting on behalf of something worthy... not-just an employee of a fat old faggot choreographer, constantly emitting insults & tantrums which don't improve the art.

She was always stoic... icy, even. But then her rare smiles & laughter were enormous. I interpreted that as wisdom, grace, & perceptiveness. Like Athena. (Which made her distant-- and so, for me, an object of admiration, not lust). In contrast-- I was a blabbering know-it-all, so my strengths & shortcomings were right-out-front / hard to miss. Then, last week, I came to see her as an all-too-typical educated-white-liberal-mom. The sort who kinda lost touch of the adult-world, while raising her kid. At the end of a long workday-- GF told redhead to take cab home-- and charge it to our boss. Rather than stand on the subway platform at night. Redhead confidently said, "You sound afraid, like you're new in the city!" GF said, "You sound like you don't realize how bad it's gotten."

She's not an idiot. She's a high-functioning, resilient person. But she's a racehorse... wearing blinders. I find that disconcerting. I think these times are full of blindside surprises. Conventional wisdom isn't sufficient.
That's the leitmotif of WHIPLASH.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This is an excellent lambaste of snooty Brooklyn yuppies-- who tried to form a neighborhood watch group in-response to a homeless psycho killing a dog.

But they can't get out of their own Critical Race Theory way. It reads like a classic Tom Wolfe essay.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/20/not-even- ... -fighting/#

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Banksy banked-on banking a banked bank-shot off the bank of banks on the banks of the riverbank.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: And bears who show up for the garbage buffet hate getting plunked by them!
heh.

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/ma ... CRH02eAqM=

"Look, that bear has patches of neon pink and yellow fur on it's ass..."

:lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I used the rubber balls, not the paint-filled ones. First time I got the bear, I must've hit it 20 times before it made it into the brush.

Second time, I caught it scrounging in the feed room at the barn. It ran it as soon as it heard me, so I had to use indirect fire into the bushes as it skedaddled.

Third time, at the house again, it treed itself as soon I shone the WML on it. Made the most baleful 'rrowr, rrowr, rrowr' noises. Damn CO2 canister seal was jacked, so I went and got my Airsoft SIG 556 and peppered the tree. Went back inside for bear spray and a better flashlight but it had come down and hightailed it for the woods.

John D

Post by John D »

While we are at it.... Debbie Smith. High school senior. I was 5 foot 5 and weighed 135 pounds. A late bloomer. I was deeply frustrated with the world... sort of depressed and angry. Wish I could do it again... but my life turned out okay in any case.

Debbie Smith. Red hair, full lips, a sweep from her long neck to her ass. Damn.... Debbie Smith. She was a really good artist as well. Way way out of my league. Hell... she was taller than me.

Years pass. I get serious with my now wife and lifetime woman as a freshman in collage. Now at 5 foot 10 and filling out with an okay beard. I run into Debbie at a GM development center where she is marking renderings of new car models. Damn. Just as fine. and she says "John... you have gotten so tall!" Haha. We chatted and discovered we both had partners... but... damn... if the timing was different. I turned into a completely different person after high school.... but I was a complete disaster in high school. Haha. I still have a crush on her.

Further news. I haven't heard from my daughter who was supposed to move in today. My wife says "Do you want to call her?" and I say "Well... what are the chances she changed her mind and is not coming?" my wife says "Well... don't you want to know?" and I say "I don't care and I don't want to influence her decision. If I call her she will get all anxious about it. My door is always open just as we told her." We will see. I wouldn't be surprised if she made up with her crew and will stay with them. Fucking polyamory is total BS. Absolutely unstable.

My wife had changed the schedule for her chemo by a week. She did this so we could take a trip up north and a Thanksgiving visit to her niece. When the doctor found out he got snitty and said he wants her to start chemo as fast as possible. My wife explained that she didn't think one week would matter... she was gonna die sometime and wanted to have a real life. The doc said she should change her schedule for chemo to be more aggressive. We are now waiting to see if she will get pulled ahead, but I am thinking they are booked... and my wife and I can have time with our friends and family. We will see.

Every day is a new adventure with the nurse and the PCP and the oncologist all telling us different things. And they act like they know what they are doing even when they don't. There must be a class in UNI called talking your patient into thinking you are really smart - 101.

Other than my wife being exhausted she has been a pleasant patient. i have been giving her massage and such. She is now giving me big hugs and telling me how much she loves me... I am now the best. i like it. I don't care if we fought for the last two years. I am here to take care of her and get some hugs. Wish me luck.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 am
Do the Airsoft clubs attract vets? That was the impression I got when I had a look at my local one. They were serious as shit. But I've seen a video of a 'match' from elsewhere and it was a bunch of nerdy LARPers milling about, getting picked off one by one by an active grunt. My friend's an ex undercover cop, and he said when he went paintballing, he could take out most of the other side by just strolling up behind them and saying 'hi there!'
LARPers from personal experience, but that's extremely limited. There were only a handful of guys there during my first and only outing. The people I chatted with said Sundays are more popular with crowds of a hundred and up being normal. Maybe some serious people there? The kids who left me covered in welts that day were serious enough for me.
Airsoft was invented by the Japanese so they could play with pretend versions of real guns. Cuz it's almost impossible to own a real gun in Japan, and even then you're only allowed old matchlock fowling pieces the Portuguese left behind.
Check this beast out.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Service Dog wrote: At the end of a long workday-- GF told redhead to take cab home-- and charge it to our boss. Rather than stand on the subway platform at night. Redhead confidently said, "You sound afraid, like you're new in the city!" GF said, "You sound like you don't realize how bad it's gotten."
Have you noticed a difference lately? Living there meant constantly have phone calls along the lines of, "Yes, Mom, I heard about the guy who was pushed onto the tracks. No, Mom, I didn't see it, New York is a very big place and there's always something crazy somewhere." I neglected to mention to her that my first month living there that the something crazy, somewhere was a dude, gut shot and bleeding out on our sidewalk.

It's expected a city will have more crime. The stories natives and old schoolers told about the 80's and 90's were just on another level though.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Anyone who says Tomkins Square park was a worse heroin-needle shithole in the 80's/ or crackheads & dealers in Harlem were worse in the 90's...

...I won't disagree with their recollection.

But I've never seen such flagrant and widespread crime, unconfined to 'bad' areas. And an unapologetic shabbiness-- from the truly fucked-up drug zombies/ to the rap kids who like to pose as filthy strung-out vegetables. Both groups kick-over trash cans, openly shoplift, yell profanity, fight in the street & piss on the subway... confident they'll go unpunished.

(But the point of me mentioning the interaction between the redhead dancer & GF-- was that I think the redhead's mentality is a romantic/stale narrative-- of earnest artists & good-hearted poor minorities... united against The Man. Whereas I'm like "Wake up! Snap out of it! Get your head in the game! Those aren't cute animals out-there. Those are hungry predators. And the 'park rangers' gave up protecting you 2 years ago!")

"She thinks being 'a real new yorker' gives her immunity" sez GF.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.patriots.win/post/LhdmCnDOEWfx.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/vO3eFNxbW28p.jpeg

L O S T

Until yesterday.... some of the poorest kids in the U.S. ...as young as THREE YEARS OLD...
were STILL required to wear fucking COVID MASKS... to participate in the HeadStart program:

https://media.patriots.win/post/HernWXkyY6V7.jpeg

Nanny cam at Phoenix home catches federal agent smelling 3-year-old girl's underwear

Federal agent gets probation for smelling girl's panties.

By: Melissa BlasiusPosted at 10:56 AM, Jan 30, 2020 and last updated 7:13 PM, Feb 01, 2020

A former federal law enforcement officer, accused of having a sexual motive for smelling a girl's dirty underwear in her bedroom, will be allowed to serve unsupervised probation.

Deputy U.S. Marshal David Timothy Moon, 50, was touring a Phoenix home for sale last May.

While his real estate agent was in another room, Moon went inside a 3-year-old girl's bedroom, according to a police report. He focused on the laundry hamper in the corner. He dug through the dirty laundry and pulled out what appeared to be the girl's underwear.

Video shows, Moon appeared to hold the underwear close to his face and appeared to smell them. Minutes later, he returned to the bedroom for a second round with the preschooler's clothing. When he leaves the room for the second time, he appeared to notice the nanny cam. He quickly covered his mouth and said "goddamn it."

ABC15 reviewed the video with forensic psychologist John Delatorre, and he described what he saw as "a compulsion." Dr. Delatorre said he has evaluated hundreds of sex offenders and was not personally involved in Moon's case.

"This isn't someone who’s unsure and needs to look around and tries to figure out -- is this thing what arouses me?" Dr. Delatorre said. "He knows immediately.”

The girl's father, whose name ABC15 is not disclosing due to the nature of the crime, received motion alerts from the camera. When he saw the recorded video, he called Phoenix police. The father later told a judge he increased security at his home.

"What if he comes back?" the dad said. "What if he tries to hurt us or our daughter? What if he loses his job and has nothing else to lose?"

After hearing of the allegations, the U.S. Marshals Service fired Moon. He had been a federal agent for 24 years, and he worked in multiple states, including Arizona, Alabama, and Florida, according to an agency spokesman.

ABC15 learned Moon was not supervised by Arizona's U.S. Marshals. Instead, he reported to bosses in Washington, D.C.

We asked whether Moon faced similar allegations before. A Marshals spokesman told us they take all allegations seriously but can't comment on personnel matters.

Phoenix police uncovered other red flags.

According to the police report, a girlfriend said Moon heard police were looking for him, so "he threw out his computer" and his Gmail account had a video of "girls doing gymnastics" in an email from "him to himself."

Moon was indicted on two counts of felony trespassing with sexual motivation. He later made a plea deal for misdemeanor trespassing.

"This is by far the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life," Moon said in court during his sentencing last week.

"The actions by the defendant, in this case, show a need for evaluation, show a need for potential treatment, and that's going to go unnoticed, untreated if there's no evaluation done in this case," said Deputy County Attorney Marcus Beecher.

Judge Cooper denied the requests.

"It can seem unfair," Judge Cooper said, acknowledging the victim family's concerns. "It can seem like it's not enough."

Judge Cooper also acknowledged mitigating factors, such as Moon's lack of prior crimes, his military service, and work as a deputy marshal.

"The court believes that he is sincere in his remorse," she said.

Moon and his attorney declined interviews with ABC15.

"While the behavior that he demonstrates is sexually deviant, there's concern that there's not enough for maybe a jury to say he's a sex offender," Delatorre said.

Once he completes probation, Moon could apply for this trespassing case to be set aside. If approved, the complaint would be dismissed and judgment of guilt set aside.

https://media.patriots.win/post/Y8FF6QMxPqq0.jpeg

Activists suing DeSantis over Martha's Vineyard flights received over $1.3M from George Soros

Letter Surfaces of Obama Foundation Admitting in 2018 They Keep Classified Documents in Unsecured Storage at Furniture Warehouse
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... warehouse/

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bombshell allegations by FBI Special Agent Steve Friend contained in a whistleblower complaint filed late Wednesday with the Department of Justice inspector general reveal a politicized Washington, DC, FBI field office cooking the books to exaggerate the threat of domestic terrorism, and ­using an “overzealous” January 6 ­investigation to harass conservative Americans and violate their constitutional rights.

Friend, 37, a respected 12-year veteran of the FBI and a SWAT-team member, was suspended Monday, stripped of his gun and badge, and escorted out of the FBI field office in Daytona Beach, Fla., after complaining to his supervisors about the violations.

He was declared absent without leave last month for refusing to participate in SWAT raids that he believed violated FBI policy and were a use of excessive force against Jan. 6 ­subjects accused of misdemeanor ­offenses.

This American hero, the father of two small children, has blown up his “dream career” because he could not live with his conscience if he continued to be part of what he sees as the unjust persecution of conservative Americans.

“I have an oath to uphold the Constitution,” he told supervisors when he asserted his conscientious objection to joining an Aug. 24 raid on a J6 subject in the Jacksonville, Fla., area. “I have a moral objection and want to be considered a conscientious objector.”

Friend, who did not vote for Donald Trump in the 2020 election, said he told his immediate boss twice that he believed the raid, and the investigative process leading up to it, violated FBI policy and the subject’s rights under the Sixth Amendment right to a fair trial and Eighth Amendment right against cruel and unusual punishment.
Multiple violations In his whistleblower complaint to DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz, obtained by The Post, Friend lays out multiple violations of FBI policy involving J6 investigations in which he was involved.

He says he was removed from active investigations into child sexual exploitation and human trafficking, to work on J6 cases sent from DC. He was told “domestic terrorism was a higher priority” than child pornography. As a result, he believes his child-exploitation investigations were harmed.

He also has reported his concerns about a politicized FBI to Republican members of Congress, among 20 whistleblowers from the bureau who have come forward with similar complaints.
Among Friend’s allegations: The Washington, DC, field office is “manipulating” FBI case-management protocol and farming out J6 cases to field offices across the country to create the false impression that right-wing domestic violence is a widespread national problem that goes far beyond the “black swan” event of Jan. 6, 2021.

As a result, he was listed as lead agent in cases he had not investigated and which his supervisor had not signed off on, in violation of FBI policy.

FBI domestic-terrorism cases are being opened on innocent American citizens who were nowhere near the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, based on anonymous tips to an FBI hotline or from Facebook spying on their messages. These tips are turned into investigative tools called “guardians,” after the FBI software that collates them.

 The FBI has post-facto designated a grassed area outside the Capitol as a restricted zone, when it was not restricted on Jan. 6, 2021, in order to widen the net of prosecutions.

The FBI intends to prosecute everyone even peripherally associated with J6 and another wave of J6 subjects are about to be referred to the FBI’s Daytona Beach resident agency “for investigation and arrest.”

 The Jacksonville area was “inundated” with “guardian” notifications and FBI agents were dispatched to conduct surveillance and knock on people’s doors, including people who had not been in Washington, DC, on Jan 6, 2021, or who had been to the Trump rally that day but did not go ­inside the Capitol.

Friend says he was punished after complaining to his bosses about being dragged into J6 investigations that were “violating citizens’ Sixth Amendment rights due to overzealous charging by the DOJ and biased jury pools in Washington, DC.”

His top-secret security clearance was suspended last week because he “entered FBI space [his office] and downloaded documents from FBI computer systems [an employee handbook and guidelines for employee disciplinary procedures] to an unauthorized removable flash drive.”

In a Sept. 16 letter from the head of FBI Human Resources, he was told he was losing his security clearance also because he “espoused beliefs which demonstrate questionable judgment [and demonstrated] an unwillingness to comply with rules and regulations.”
Reprisals from bosses In his whistleblower complaint, Friend describes “reprisals” from his supervisors after he voiced his conscientious objections.

He says they ignored his complaint about “manipulative casefile practice [which] creates false and misleading crime statistics, constituting false official federal statements.

“At no point was I advised or counseled on where to take my disclosure beyond the reprising officials above; the threatened reprisal constituted a de facto gag on my whistleblowing.”

On Aug. 19, he first told his immediate boss, Supervisory Senior Resident Agent Greg Federico, that he believed “it was inappropriate to use an FBI SWAT team to arrest a subject for misdemeanor offenses and opined that the subject would likely face extended detainment and biased jury pools in Washington, DC.

“I suggested alternatives such as the issuance of a court summons or utilizing surveillance groups to determine an optimal, safe time for a local sheriff deputy to contact the subjects and advise them about the existence of the arrest warrant.”

Federico told him it would have been better to just “call in sick” rather than voice his objection and “threatened reprisal indirectly by asking how long I saw myself continuing to work for the FBI.”

Four days later, Friend was summoned to Jacksonville to meet his next-level bosses, Assistant Special Agents in Charge Coult Markovsky and Sean Ryan about his refusal to join the SWAT raid.

He told them about his concerns over “irregular” case handling of J6 matters that he believed were in violation of a legal rule known as “Brady” that requires prosecutors to disclose evidence that would exonerate a defendant.

They asked if he believed any J6 rioters committed crimes and he replied: “Some of the people who entered the Capitol committed crimes, but others were innocent. I elaborated that I believed some innocent individuals had been unjustly prosecuted, convicted and sentenced.”

Markovsky then asked Friend if J6 rioters who “killed police officers” should be prosecuted, even though no such thing happened. When Friend pointed out that “there were no police officers killed on January 6, 2021,” Markovsky told him he was being a “bad teammate.”

Both agents “threatened reprisal again by warning that my refusal [to go on the SWAT raid] could amount to insubordination. References were made to my ­future career prospects with the FBI.”

Friend was labeled AWOL the day the raid took place and stripped of his pay.

A week later, he was told to meet the top agent in Jacksonville, Special Agent in Charge Sherri Onks, who told him he needed to do some “soul searching” and decide if he wanted to work for the FBI.

When he told her “many of my colleagues expressed similar concerns to me but had not vocalized their objections to FBI executive management,” she told him his “views represented an extremely small minority of the FBI workforce.”

She then shared the emotional experience of fearing for her own life on Jan. 6, 2021, when she was sitting on the seventh floor of the secure J. Edgar Hoover Building, FBI headquarters, after protesters one mile away “seized the Capitol and threatened the United States’ democracy.”
Agents used as ‘pawns’ Friend says his concerns are shared with large numbers of rank-and-file FBI agents across the country who believe they are being used as pawns to pursue the political agenda of the bosses in Washington, DC.

These kinds of abuses of the law are a “morale killer” for field agents, he says.

Many agents, who joined the FBI in the wake of 9/11, are keeping their heads down because they are close to their 20-year retirement with full pension. But he says they are equally disgusted at being forced to take part in the politicization of federal law ­enforcement.

Other whistleblowers say that disquiet grew after the FBI raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home in Florida on Aug. 8.

Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who is working with these heroic FBI agents, has been trying to introduce legislation to strengthen the bureau’s woefully inadequate whistleblower protections. Friend’s complaint will be a test case.

In a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray on Aug. 11, Grassley alleged that a committee of FBI field agents had been to see Wray to express the concerns of agents in all 56 field offices across the country that “the FBI has become too politicized in its decision-making.” Grassley further alleges “those concerns were removed from this year’s final report” of the FBI’s Special Agents Advisory Committee.

Wray ignored Grassley’s letter along with a dozen other letters from the dogged Iowa senator alleging gross malfeasance at the bureau.

But unrest is growing among field agents about the weaponization of the FBI against the Biden administration’s political opponents under Wray. He can’t ­ignore it for long.
FBI hero paying the price for exposing unjust ‘persecution’ of conservative Americans
By Miranda Devine
September 21, 2022
https://nypost.com/2022/09/21/fbi-hero- ... americans/

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Service Dog wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:41 pm
But I've never seen such flagrant and widespread crime, unconfined to 'bad' areas. And an unapologetic shabbiness-- from the truly fucked-up drug zombies/ to the rap kids who like to pose as filthy strung-out vegetables. Both groups kick-over trash cans, openly shoplift, yell profanity, fight in the street & piss on the subway... confident they'll go unpunished.
No doubt it's gotten worse but the homeless/crazies were always a huge problem. People packed like sardines on a platform during rush hour while a car goes by completely empty because the hobo inside smells so bad people would rather spend more time as sardines. This is not a difficult problem to solve, so you have to wonder why nobody does.
"She thinks being 'a real new yorker' gives her immunity" sez GF.
I hope your GF isn't suggesting there's no honor among criminals and schizophrenics?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: For my birthday, I received an all-metal, near-exact BB gun replica of my Beretta. (Not cheap, but I am loved.) Fires copper plated metal BBs. I've been using it to practice my draw and it's great, can shoot cans from the front porch without heading to my range.
My EDC is the Ruger LCP Max. I think my only options for that kind of training would be one of the laser systems that are out there. Maybe for Christmas...

For some reason RO's hate the thing and will talk my ear off explaining why it was a bad purchase. I have far off dreams of putting in the work until I can pull off a 2.5 second Mozambique drill with it just to get people to shut the fuck up. Most ranges don't allow draw and fire though.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Well, that was a crowd-pleaser: three times around the bowl, and pointed at both ends!

:hankey: :hankey: :hankey:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: :hankey: :hankey: :hankey:
Terrific!

Ok, what's in the news?...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jet_lagg wrote:
Check this beast out.

FTFY

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

LOL. A whiny gay friend of my down-to-earth tranny friend called out the tranny friend for posting "that nazi stonetoss'" cartoons. An amusing facebook Donnybrook ensued.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Well, that was a crowd-pleaser: three times around the bowl, and pointed at both ends!

:hankey: :hankey: :hankey:
I'm currently experimenting with mixed curry powders, assorted hot spices and other bowel-blasting ingredients. My last experimental meal, chicken breasts in a vindaloo and garlic sauce with huge strips of mixed peppers, caused my fudge-factory to go into meltdown. I sprayed the bowl with red hot jets of rancid poo containing little polyps of semi-digested peppers. It was one of those sessions that leave you sweating, shaking like a terrified greyhound and very, very weak at the knees. It also left a ghost on the throne that half a can of air freshner couldn't exorcise.

However, as a meal, the curry was pretty good! I'm going to tweak the recipe, tone down the curry powder a smidge, greatly reduce the pepper count and throw in some onions, spuds and rice. I'm also thinking of switching out the chicken for a nice piece of fish. I fucking love me some fish curry!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

jet_lagg wrote: Mozambique
Allow me to share my own signature technique, which will surely enhance your status on the range:

As you squeeze-off each round, yell: MO! ZAM! BEEK!

It's a big hit when you hit/ and even-funnier when you miss all-3.

Then keep going: ZIM-BOB-WAY! BOTS-WA-NA!

When you finally land-one: DJIBOUTI !

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Went for my morning constitutional slightly earlier than normal, I usually go for my walk at 07:30 but due to my screwy sleep-cycle, I headed out at 06:00. Very chilly morning (could actually see my breath hanging thick in the air) but clear visibility and very crisp and refreshing to the lungs.

As I made my way around the local duck pond, I was quite surprised at how clean the local area has become. If there's something I've always despised about my countrymen, it's their flippant or indifferent attitude towards keeping the place clean, tidy and pleasant to live in. Litter has always been a very visible part of the scenery - chip papers, candy wrappers, discarded coke cans (well, Irn Bru cans - google it) and alcohol containers are a constant reminder that you're in Scotland. More recently, especially in areas close to housing estates, drug paraphernalia has become so commonplace that people almost don't even notice it.

However, it would appear that in my local area, our tax money is being put to good use. The park was extremely clean and I found myself playing "spot the litter" as I bumbled my way around the pond. Several new litter bins (and two dog-poop bins) appear to have sprung out of the ground since my last visit and the wooden benches that punctuate the paths, one of which was donated by my family, have been scubbed of graffiti and given their winter coating of stain and varnish.

I might repeat my visit tomorrow - the birds in the pond were voracious and utterly demolished the loaf (and slightly mouldy half) I fed them and I found myself laughing quite loudly at their honking and squabbling antics. If anything, it'll be worth it just to feed the buggers and try to be strategic with my bread placement - there are four or five swans in the pond and they are very vicious towards the other/smaller birds. I might even dust off my old scheme camera (a "Pentax" model something or other, quite old, been everywhere my old boots touched the ground) and join the 'pit happy-snapper crew. Be warned though, I'm no David Bailey so if I do submit any pictures for your collective edification, expect poorly focused and badly framed shots of Glaswegian water-fowl waving flick-knives, smoking cigarettes and showing off their prison tattoos.

That's if I make it home without being mugged by the local mutants...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'd say they were completely useless bloody creatures - but apparently the best thing to wipe you arse with is the neck of a live swan.

Meanwhile other Glaswegian wildlife has not gone hungry...

(link saved from 2013)

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Service Dog wrote: Allow me to share my own signature technique, which will surely enhance your status on the range:

As you squeeze-off each round, yell: MO! ZAM! BEEK!
When it's time to switch out targets I like to furrow my brow and mutter something like, "it's time to get fucking serious." Then pull out the heavy duty case in my bag. When people look over you reveal this bad boy.

http://mobileimages.lowes.com/productim ... 278971.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote: I'd say they were completely useless bloody creatures - but apparently the best thing to wipe you arse with is the neck of a live swan.

Meanwhile other Glaswegian wildlife has not gone hungry...

https://www.arsetube.com/watch?v=knmC8NigcTA

(link saved from 2013)
Goose:
There is no need of wiping one's arse, said Gargantua, but when it is foul; foul it cannot be, unless one have been a-skiting; skite then we must before we wipe our arses. O my pretty little waggish boy, said Grangousier, what an excellent wit thou hast? I will make thee very shortly proceed doctor in the jovial quirks of gay learning, and that, by God, for thou hast more wit than age. Now, I prithee, go on in this torcheculative, or wipe-bummatory discourse, and by my beard I swear, for one puncheon, thou shalt have threescore pipes, I mean of the good Breton wine, not that which grows in Britain, but in the good country of Verron. Afterwards I wiped my bum, said Gargantua, with a kerchief, with a pillow, with a pantoufle, with a pouch, with a pannier, but that was a wicked and unpleasant torchecul; then with a hat. Of hats, note that some are shorn, and others shaggy, some velveted, others covered with taffeties, and others with satin. The best of all these is the shaggy hat, for it makes a very neat abstersion of the fecal matter.

Afterwards I wiped my arse with a hen, with a cock, with a pullet, with a calf's skin, with a hare, with a pigeon, with a cormorant, with an attorney's bag, with a montero, with a coif, with a falconer's lure. But, to conclude, I say and maintain, that of all torcheculs, arsewisps, bumfodders, arse-napkins, bunghole cleansers, and wipe-breeches, there is none in the world comparable to the neck of a goose, that is well downed, if you hold her head betwixt your legs. And believe me therein upon mine honour, for you will thereby feel in your nockhole a most wonderful pleasure, both in regard of the softness of the said down and of the temperate heat of the goose, which is easily communicated to the bum-gut and the rest of the inwards, in so far as to come even to the regions of the heart and brains. And think not that the felicity of the heroes and demigods in the Elysian fields consisteth either in their asphodel, ambrosia, or nectar, as our old women here used to say; but in this, according to my judgment, that they wipe their arses with the neck of a goose, holding her head betwixt their legs, and such is the opinion of Master John of Scotland, alias Scotus.
Don't forget:

Who his foul bum with paper wipes
Will on his bollocks leave some chips.