Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Lsuoma »

papillon wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there:
"Rage style". Hey, I'm not the one pissed off by a joke,sugar vinegar pumpkin tits.
Just tinkered with that for ya.
Likewise...

JAB

Post by JAB »

Notung wrote:Interesting tweets from new FTBlogger NonStampCollector (who I like):

https://twitter.com/nonstampNSC/status/ ... 4506848256
Just in time! No sooner do I start my blog, than Rebecca Watson writes a controversial article about sexism for me to go NOWHERE near! :)
https://twitter.com/nonstampNSC/status/ ... 3927892992
I think I'll make a pledge to never ever write about 'that' topic. #notgoingthere
I wonder how long he'll last before he pulls a 'thunderf00t'!

Ooooo... I quite like nonstampcollector's channel on youtube. Why do I get the feeling that he might not fit in at fftbs? Of course I didn't think omgitscris would have lasted at fftbs, but instead she's pretty much stopped doing videos.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

From Zingularity

Brownian says:
September 2, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Oh good, let us revel in the death of a man.

I did when my father died. I have zero problem with the celebration of the end of evil.

A personal quote from a damaged social justice warrior on the occasion of the death of Rev. Sun Myung Moon.
Brownian, you have to stop blaming your father for being an asshole, it clearly is a dominant genetic trait in your family, like you, he had no choice.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

JAB wrote:Of course I didn't think omgitscris would have lasted at fftbs, but instead she's pretty much stopped doing videos.
Maybe she's at a PeeZeducation camp...

Notung

Post by Notung »

ReneeHendricks wrote:You mean someone actually worth a shit to read on FfTB? Ok, that's not fair. There are a few there that are not over the top asshats. I just followed NonStampCollector on Twitter. Looking forward to some good stuff.
His videos are really good and funny. "The Thing that Made the Things for Which There is No Known Maker" is genius!

[youtube]IVbnciQYMiM[/youtube]

I like some other FTBers. I like Cristina Rad, Kylie Sturgess (who, with attribution, based part of her comment policy on suggestions in one of my blog posts - a little known fact), Maryam Namazie and a few others.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Notung wrote:That's what really happened, in my view. I'd publish it on Slate, but unfortunately I'm not privileged enough to have an even platform.
I've heard you have a blog on a very reputable network.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
You scumbag, Wooly.

I have to record the VO for my next outrage against everything good and decent tonight, and I'm getting a cold.

I know it's from watching your previous video.

Damn you, Typhoid Mary.
My mother always told me it was nice to share ;P
My daughter must have been listening to your mother. After 6+ weeks of bronchitis and *finally* on the mend, my middle gal gave me her cold. Happy birthday to me!
Haha! That is the perfect birthday gift. /snark.

For some reason I remember the day I called in sick because I was not, but wife and kids were.

I had spent the whole night cleaning up wife and kids from the effects of some sort of 24 hour bug. It was like a daisy chain reaction, every 30 minutes or so they took turns to spew from one end or the other.

PS: Happy Birthday

There was not a single clean sheet in the house except for the ones on the beds, the damp ones in the drier, with the rest sitting in a pile in the laundry room or being washed in the washing machine.

The sort of thing I can look back at and chuckle now, but it was not funny in the least back then.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319255
I wonder how Prune knows that Mykeru is a new Slymer?

Methinks the old crab has more than a few crafty ganders now and then...

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
:moon:
[youtube]RJyb99pKhqc[/youtube]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Haha! That is the perfect birthday gift. /snark.

For some reason I remember the day I called in sick because I was not, but wife and kids were.

I had spent the whole night cleaning up wife and kids from the effects of some sort of 24 hour bug. It was like a daisy chain reaction, every 30 minutes or so they took turns to spew from one end or the other.

PS: Happy Birthday

There was not a single clean sheet in the house except for the ones on the beds, the damp ones in the drier, with the rest sitting in a pile in the laundry room or being washed in the washing machine.

The sort of thing I can look back at and chuckle now, but it was not funny in the least back then.
Oh, wow. I commiserate. I've done something similar with 3 kids and a 65+ year old man with a ton of health issues. All got a 48 hour stomach flu bug. *Not* a fun 2 days.

My cold will pass. It's more annoying than anything else. I hate having a stuffy nose.

And thanks on the happy bday ps :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mykeru wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319255

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
Mykeru: I doff my hat! The Prune is probably shitting turds of rage now...

mordacious1

Re:OB stalker

Post by mordacious1 »

Mykeru: Hahaha, but man you are going to have to run faster than that and whatever you do, stay out of elevators (a place where no one can hear you scream).

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ERV wrote:Today Im scientist-high. Like when you think you might have found something *amazing*, and youre allowing yourself a bit of hope all of your work + luck might actually pay off. Moved another big step forward on a hail-mary project that might actually ultimately be a treatment, if not The Treatment for HIV/AIDS.
Me: *showing results to Bossman*
Bossman: lol. Were gonna cure AIDS. LOL!
Me: LOL!
Both of us: *HIGH-FIVE!!!!*
Me: *goes back to work*
Get home, relax. "Hey! Lets see what Watson did today!"
Oh.

Well.

From each according to their ability.
Exciting news for sure Abbie.

Due date for the paper? Blog post entry?

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

Mykeru wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laughing-rolling:

Run! She may be an old prune, but she is quick! :violence-axechase:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laughing-rolling:

Run! She may be an old prune, but she is quick! :violence-axechase:
Remember: The secret to sanity (or my reasonable facsimile of it) is to truly and deeply not give a shit what they think. They are little yappy little dogs ironically named "Killer" who don't realize they weigh 3 lbs.

I was watching that interview between Rebecca Watson and Ann Althouse and was kind of disturbed by Watson admitting that she obsessively seeks out people's comments about her. No wonder she's a paranoid little dipshit forever chained to some random YouTube comment made years ago.

I might take a glance at the outraged and impotent hissy-fit in my rearview mirror, but really, fuck 'em.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

JAB wrote:
Notung wrote:Interesting tweets from new FTBlogger NonStampCollector (who I like):
https://twitter.com/nonstampNSC/status/ ... 4506848256
Just in time! No sooner do I start my blog, than Rebecca Watson writes a controversial article about sexism for me to go NOWHERE near! :)
https://twitter.com/nonstampNSC/status/ ... 3927892992
I think I'll make a pledge to never ever write about 'that' topic. #notgoingthere
I wonder how long he'll last before he pulls a 'thunderf00t'!
Ooooo... I quite like nonstampcollector's channel on youtube. Why do I get the feeling that he might not fit in at fftbs? Of course I didn't think omgitscris would have lasted at fftbs, but instead she's pretty much stopped doing videos.
I think staying relevant as a "youtube atheist" means you've got to display a high degree of reason as well as a thick skin. [Things the FC5 clearly lack.] Christina Rad going RadFem [play on words, I don't quite think she's at the level of wanting to wipe out 90-99% of the male population] pretty much meant the end of that. Might as well quit...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Dilurk wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
Outwest wrote:And of course, since Becky's getting all the attention today, PZ Myers has to chime in:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -go-again/
Also note that Watson's article has a 10:18 ET time stamp, and PZ's post shows up a few hours later. He doesn't appear to have to make up for swanning off to yet another skeptics convention later this week, and has plenty of time to read the article, throw up a post, monitor the comments, and probably comment on other FfTB posts - all during what most US university professors consider "normal working hours."
More likely Beccypoo sent him a preview and a heads up when it was due to be published.
C'mon. We all know the MO by now. They contact each other (PZ Barnum, Queen Bee, Opheliar, Black Svan, reGreta, etc.) so they can launch their propaganda pieces at the same time. It always happens when there is a "Witch of the Week" or someone to attack.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
Outwest wrote:And of course, since Becky's getting all the attention today, PZ Myers has to chime in:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -go-again/
Also note that Watson's article has a 10:18 ET time stamp, and PZ's post shows up a few hours later. He doesn't appear to have to make up for swanning off to yet another skeptics convention later this week, and has plenty of time to read the article, throw up a post, monitor the comments, and probably comment on other FfTB posts - all during what most US university professors consider "normal working hours."
More likely Beccypoo sent him a preview and a heads up when it was due to be published.
C'mon. We all know the MO by now. They contact each other (PZ Barnum, Queen Bee, Opheliar, Black Svan, reGreta, etc.) so they can launch their propaganda pieces at the same time. It always happens when there is a "Witch of the Week" or someone to attack.
Well, maybe now they will start giving me some love. I know I am hindered by my refusal to engage them on their own turf, but Jesus Fucking Christ, I felt like they were ignoring me.

I actually thrive on turning their kind of humorless, mean-spirited horseshit into life-affirming Lulz.

C'mon baboolies, think of the lulz. And the baby otters.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Mykeru wrote: Well, maybe now they will start giving me some love. I know I am hindered by my refusal to engage them on their own turf, but Jesus Fucking Christ, I felt like they were ignoring me.

I actually thrive on turning their kind of humorless, mean-spirited horseshit into life-affirming Lulz.

Hell, I'm actually quite surprised when I get mentioned in passing - you know, when they start talking about MRA lovers and chill girls :D I think one person even said that I'm "despicable" (https://twitter.com/aratina/status/259360017893953536 only found out due to Ophie being "confused" about a video I did not make).

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Mykeru wrote: Well, maybe now they will start giving me some love. I know I am hindered by my refusal to engage them on their own turf, but Jesus Fucking Christ, I felt like they were ignoring me.

Hell, I'm actually quite surprised when I get mentioned in passing - you know, when they start talking about MRA lovers and chill girls :D I think one person even said that I'm "despicable" (https://twitter.com/aratina/status/259360017893953536 only found out due to Ophie being "confused" about a video I did not make).
That'll teach you to make a video that you did not make.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks wrote:

Well, of course they don't get that I'm "MRA" only to the extent that I'm a skeptic. If some truly bullshit claim came out of some MRA source, I would criticize that too. Everything is contingent on being a skeptic. I don't quite get the atheist [slash] skeptic distinction either. I figure if you are doing skepticism right, then you are an atheist as well. I know atheism is mere lack of belief, but what's the point of being anything but a Critical Atheist? Then you fall under their form of atheism, which, as GirlWritesWhat said, is mostly because belief in god is cramping their style.

I'm not distancing myself from the "MRA" label, just the presumption that they have that the opposition must be the ideological mirror image of them, knee-jerk group-think and all.

Well, also, I joked that being a feminist would interfere with my being a humanist and egalitarian, and that would go the same for broad uncritical acceptance of "Men's Rights". But my experience so far with MRAs is that they would be far more receptive to criticism than these clowns because the MRM is essentially a skeptical reaction to a pernicious form of woo.

Mostly though, right now, I hate those fuckers for calling themselves skeptics and then accepting claims without evidence, or with piss-poor evidence and actually subverting skepticism by deploying labels like "hyper-skepticism" when ordinary skepticism is applied to their pet horseshit.

Not to mention they are ugly as shit. I took a gnarled crap this morning that would be more likely to be hit on than The Beaver.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Mykeru wrote: Mostly though, right now, I hate those fuckers for calling themselves skeptics and then accepting claims without evidence, or with piss-poor evidence and actually subverting skepticism by deploying labels like "hyper-skepticism" when ordinary skepticism is applied to their pet horseshit.
This...right there. This is one of my biggest problems. PZ shows this a lot recently with his arbitrarily taking people's (and by "people" I mean those firmly planted between his ass cheeks) word for things and willfully and gleefully not checking sources and facts. He's a *scientist* for shit's sake. This is becoming a reoccurring theme among several within the FfTB/A+ realm. They have no business calling themselves skeptics.

Al Stefanelli

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RENEE!

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
LOL!!! Thanks Al!
Seriously, Al, a little advice: http://goo.gl/l5tZf
That's not actually my ass. Lol

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
LOL!!! Thanks Al!
Prove it.

Just send your ass shot for comparison to a third party we can agree on that would want to see that shit.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Mykeru wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
LOL!!! Thanks Al!
Prove it.

Just send your ass shot for comparison to a third party we can agree on that would want to see that shit.
That would be extraordinarily dangerous.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Mykeru wrote: Mostly though, right now, I hate those fuckers for calling themselves skeptics and then accepting claims without evidence, or with piss-poor evidence and actually subverting skepticism by deploying labels like "hyper-skepticism" when ordinary skepticism is applied to their pet horseshit.
This...right there. This is one of my biggest problems. PZ shows this a lot recently with his arbitrarily taking people's (and by "people" I mean those firmly planted between his ass cheeks) word for things and willfully and gleefully not checking sources and facts. He's a *scientist* for shit's sake. This is becoming a reoccurring theme among several within the FfTB/A+ realm. They have no business calling themselves skeptics.
Similar to atheists who are atheists for the wrong reasons, or lack of reasons, this rift has revealed the skeptics who are skeptics not because they apply method impartially, but because they began with the bias of "oh, i don't like that" and then sought ad hoc reasons to support that bias. P.Z is not so much an atheist as an anti-theist. He just really is pissed off at religion. then there's the Dillahunty effect of being able to parrot rebuttals to theism without understanding general principles, or simply choosing to give things he likes a pass.

We thought skepticism was a garden in bloom, but now we have to pause to pull some weeds.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
LOL!!! Thanks Al!
Because it got me thinking - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... nd%20Crack

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Mykeru wrote: We thought skepticism was a garden in bloom, but now we have to pause to pull some weeds.
Bugger it. Let's just concrete it over and paint it green.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Mykeru wrote: We thought skepticism was a garden in bloom, but now we have to pause to pull some weeds.
Bugger it. Let's just concrete it over and paint it green.

Then all you'll need for the garden is a broom and a pooper scooper.....

windy

Post by windy »

Happy birthday Renee!
Mykeru wrote:
sacha wrote:
give me doggie style any day.
(checking schedule)
Three pregnant women are waiting at the doctor's office. The brunette says: "I was on top when my baby was conceived, so I bet it's going to be a girl!" "Oh", says the redhead, "my husband was on top, so I must be having a little boy." The blonde starts crying. "What's wrong honey?" "I'M GOING TO HAVE PUPPIES!"

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Mykeru wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
Brilliant, but I felt like something was missing. Do you think you could giggle more in your next video? That and sounding as if you're reading from a cue card like a robot seems to be 'key' for a keynote speaker.

:lol:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Saw the start of this thread in the "Introduce yourself" forum at Atheism+ last night; it has progressed and apparently - hold onto your hats, this is shocking, I know - resulted in the quick ban of the skeptic gentleman who started it: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2331

I will someday learn how to do screen shots. Since that day has not arrived yet, here's my knockoff A+ scribe version of it (without links & Cipher's gifs).

tysixtus starts off introducing himself:
Before we get to know each other I should probably list my privileges.

White male hetero slightly wealth-enabled slightly education-enabled atheist. I don't know how to use gender neutral pronouns, since we don't have any in the English language and I think all of the made up ones sound dumb.

Anyways, hello everyone. Some of you may know me from IIDB back in the day, and I currently visit TR as the best, most sensitive poster there. I have never raped anyone, and I have no intentions of doing so.
You can imagine this goes over well. Cipher says English uses "they" as a gender-neutral pronoun. tyxistus points out that that won't be let through in publications e.g. journal articles. Cipher doesn't take this well and is (shocking, I now) kinda rude.

Near bottom of page 1, tysixtus says (in a longer post quoting Cipher's comments):
I have to say, your mission statement and this attitude are really not compatible. Does a man have to prove to you that he is worth listening to? Is that how freethought operates? This isn't rhetorical, I'm genuinely curious. I want to know how you can hold these two contradictory positions at the same time.

At any rate, if I am in the position of having to explain why I should be allowed to post, nothing I can say will matter anyways.
Cipher replies:
If you want to, sure. What else do you need help with?
I'd ask for a primer on understanding sarcasm, but it looks like you're in need of one yourself.
Does a man have to prove to you that he is worth listening to? Is that how freethought operates?
Welcome to skepticism! Looks like you've lost your way - "spouting whatever inane drivel comes to mind with no accountability" is that way. Have a nice day!
tysixtus replies:
Cipher wrote:
If you want to, sure. What else do you need help with?
I'd ask for a primer on understanding sarcasm, but it looks like you're in need of one yourself.
Yes, I suppose I am.
Does a man have to prove to you that he is worth listening to? Is that how freethought operates?
Welcome to skepticism! Looks like you've lost your way - "spouting whatever inane drivel comes to mind with no accountability" is that way. Have a nice day!
That is not skepticism. In fact, it sounds a lot like the speech restrictions laid down by organized religion. You should just be honest with yourself, you don't want discussion. You want fascism.
Cipher quotes all of the above and adds:
animated gif of Bellatrix laughing [ Show ]
animated gif of Sherlock closing the door in Anderson's face, with the text "Yes, thank you for your input." [ Show ]
tysixtus replies:
A stunning riposte, sir. I am undone.
Onamission5 weighs in:
Got that, everyone? FASCISM.

Mod Hat: I see that you have chosen door number two. Please move quickly and collect your belongings, it closes soon.
Suncountess adds some drivel about dogwhistle (their new favorite term, apparently) & shit, then Cipher qutoes tyxistus's "stunning riposte" with a gif that suggests Cipher missed the point, then tyxistus posts his last hurrah:
Onamission5 wrote:

Got that, everyone? FASCISM.
Yes, it is on Wikipedia. Look it up. Wikipedia is pretty handy for things like this.
Mod Hat: I see that you have chosen door number two. Please move quickly and collect your belongings, it closes soon.
I understand. I said something that hurt your feelings, and now I have to go. Enjoy your bubble, I hope it lasts a long time. You guys seem to need it.
Then some throw-away posts about fascism by Flewellyn & Grimalkin, then this from Flewellyn:
And nothing of value was lost.
Onamission5 confirms that the deed has been done (tyxistus has been banned? But it doesn't say "banned" under his name in his posts).

Cipher adds, "helpfully":
Nobody gives a shit about yet another whingeing douchefuck who can't tell the difference between not being allowed to post on a forum and being brutally oppressed through violence. You're not important enough to hurt anyone's feelings - you're just another trolling, ignorant fuck, indistinguishable from the last, providing a bit of entertainment before your inevitable... how to put this delicately... departure from our space.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

A Biology professor walks into a bar...

http://i.imgur.com/dUzdR.jpg

It was an irony bar.

In reality the joke has a one word punchline: oolon

Is PZ really so dismissive of the intellect of his readers that he assumes they all have the attention span of a goldfish?
Come to think of it, and having read many of the responses on that and other FTB threads, he might have a point.
Why waste time building a real argument when you can type out any old crap - even stuff that directly contradicts what you have just said and done - and the plebs still rally behind you, burning torches and pitchforks in hand.

What is he saying here: that noelplumb99 should come onto the slymepit and argue against the unethical stuff (according to Peezus) that goes on here.
And if he does that? What exactly will happen?

Lets think of two possible scenarios.

1. noelplumb99 gets immediately labeled a disgusting slymer and banned from the FC5 blogs. All his previous arguments are deemed trolling and anyone who agrees with one of these points is tarred and feathered.

3. Rainbow coloured ponies that smell like chocolate fly out of my butt to the strains of Beethovens "Ode To Joy", while a secret portal opens up leading to the dressing room of actress Ornella Muti in 1980. She is wearing her Princess Aura costume from 'Flash Gordon', and looks pleased to see me. "Dick", she exclaims excitedly, "I've been waiting".

3. Peezus and O congratulate noelplumb99 for his even handed approach, saying that he's proven that he is a neutral party only interested in the arguments and not in personal attacks.

OK, OK, I needed three scenarios to get to the probabilities correct.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

Well, of course they don't get that I'm "MRA" only to the extent that I'm a skeptic. If some truly bullshit claim came out of some MRA source, I would criticize that too.
You might check out the debate with Paul Elam – of A Voice for Men – where he argues or strongly suggests, I think, that some jurists should vote for acquital in rape cases regardless of the evidence – jury nullification. That looks a little off the wall to me – and to a number of others here.
I'm not distancing myself from the "MRA" label, just the presumption that they have that the opposition must be the ideological mirror image of them, knee-jerk group-think and all.
Groups of all kinds – from the McCarthyists to the Stalinists; from the Elks to the Boy Scouts – are prone to that. I don’t think it takes much effort to find evidence of that on either side of just about any line creating two subgroups out of one.
But my experience so far with MRAs is that they would be far more receptive to criticism than these clowns because the MRM is essentially a skeptical reaction to a pernicious form of woo.
While you didn’t actually argue that all MRAs are like the ones you’ve seen so far, my experience is that there seems to be a not insignificant percentage of those who self-identify as MRAs who are just as off the wall and into woo just as deep as the most radical radfem. Woo – as evidenced by all of the different religions, secular and otherwise – seems to come in a great many varieties.
Not to mention they are ugly as shit. I took a gnarled crap this morning that would be more likely to be hit on than The Beaver.
Apart from the questions of whether that is true and whether you’re any better in that department, I wonder what either has to do with the credibility of all of their arguments, whether they hold any water or not.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

My irony-a-mater asploded when I read the latest piece from Lousy:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... -problems/

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

A+ forum has a spinoff: "Atheism Plus: A non safe space for atheists who want to discuss social justice" http://atheismplus.4rumer.com/
created by someone with 46 posts at A+ forum; announced here, to less-than-enthusiastic response: "NonSafe Space A+ Forum" http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2326

So far there are no rules. (The forum rules say that.) One of the 20 posts is by Kaine Damo, who was banned at A+ forum. He thinks he can be more patient & fit in better this time, but he also critiques the A+ forum including "I find the mods there in particular to be very negative and combative"...which one suspects might not be an approach guaranteeing a long-lived membership in the "non safe space", or at least may end up contributing to potential future strain between this variant A+ forum and the true A+ (Cipher-Grimalkin-ceepolk) forum.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Pitchguest wrote:My irony-a-mater asploded when I read the latest piece from Lousy:

Heh, in response #5 Greg Laden hands Lousy Canuck his smug uber-privilege back on a platter, including this:
...But some of the people living in what Americans see as trashed out mud huts in the stinking rotting jungle are actually several hundred percent happier than anyone reading this blog will ever be because things are pretty good. ...

I’m telling you this here because I made promises to some of the people in the mud huts to not facilitate the “first world” misunderstanding of everything beyond their noses.

OK you may continue. Thank you very much.
My respect for GL just rose about 2 microns.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Skep tickle wrote:A+ forum has a spinoff: "Atheism Plus: A non safe space for atheists who want to discuss social justice"
Well now, it did not take very long for the new Church of A✝Theism to have its first true schism.
Splitters!

barkbarkwoof

Post by barkbarkwoof »

Skep tickle wrote:true A+ (Cipher-Grimalkin-ceepolk) forum.
Nobody expects the Judean People's Front! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope PZ, and nice red uniforms.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Skep tickle wrote:A+ forum has a spinoff: "Atheism Plus: A non safe space for atheists who want to discuss social justice" http://atheismplus.4rumer.com/
created by someone with 46 posts at A+ forum; announced here, to less-than-enthusiastic response: "NonSafe Space A+ Forum" http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2326

So far there are no rules. (The forum rules say that.) One of the 20 posts is by Kaine Damo, who was banned at A+ forum. He thinks he can be more patient & fit in better this time, but he also critiques the A+ forum including "I find the mods there in particular to be very negative and combative"...which one suspects might not be an approach guaranteeing a long-lived membership in the "non safe space", or at least may end up contributing to potential future strain between this variant A+ forum and the true A+ (Cipher-Grimalkin-ceepolk) forum.
Ah, Cuduggan2K2. The rape victim who was told he would have been better off dead (murdered) than raped, by the lovely piegasm.

Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahaha.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Pitchguest wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:A+ forum has a spinoff: "Atheism Plus: A non safe space for atheists who want to discuss social justice" http://atheismplus.4rumer.com/
created by someone with 46 posts at A+ forum...
Ah, Cuduggan2K2. The rape victim who was told he would have been better off dead (murdered) than raped, by the lovely piegasm.

Ah! The name looked vaguely familiar but I didn't remember why. Interesting; perhaps lingering guilt is why they don't savage him more for having created the new space.

windy

Post by windy »

Pitchguest wrote:My irony-a-mater asploded when I read the latest piece from Lousy:

[youtube]cWlAgPJdHdA[/youtube]

sacha

Post by sacha »

decius wrote:
sacha wrote:
Everyone knows I would have fucked Hitch without a moments hesitation. No one has ever mentioned how I should be concerned about Carol Blue.
I can't speak for those who object to Ryfsten's philosophy, but I suspect a couple of reasons. For one thing, that's a huge hypothetical (Hitch being dead)...
It was common knowledge while he was alive, and I had planned to meet him in SF, when he was here (SF) for part of his book tour, which was cancelled last minute, as he had just become aware of his condition.
decius wrote:...and you didn't write emails to Carol Blue stating your intentions while he was alive, which might have been perceived as obsessive, callous and predatory.
It seems I may have missed a good part of the discussion, as I was not aware of this behaviour at all.

Cheers for the explanation.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Ali received her first "paycheck" for her "new job", and it turns out it was a scam, a fraud, a con work. In other words, we are in financial deep shit*. Makes me angry, very angry, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry (no, really, you wouldn't, I spend my days being bitchy and shit).

SO NO ONE DARE PISS ME OFF TODAY!!!

*Maybe I should ask for donations... :whistle:
I'm so sorry, Phil (and Ali).

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

From the Slate article:
After all, it seemed rather obvious to me that if your goal is to get sex or even just companionship, the very worst way to go about attaining that goal is to attend a conference, listen to a woman speak for 12 hours about how uncomfortable she is being sexualized at conferences, wait for her to express a desire to go to sleep, follow her into an isolated space, and then suggest she go back to your hotel room for “coffee,” which, by the way, is available at the hotel bar you just left.
12 hours? Makes you wonder what other details she is exaggerating.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Skep tickle wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
created by someone with 46 posts at A+ forum...

Ah! The name looked vaguely familiar but I didn't remember why. Interesting; perhaps lingering guilt is why they don't savage him more for having created the new space.
What do you say to a mass registration onto that site? That would surely rile up the A+ commentariat. I've already cast my lot in, fairly conspicuous. Maybe they won't realise I'm a Pitter so soon. :D

sacha

Post by sacha »

franc wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Franc still hates everyone except you.
Fuck you. You're all cunts. Sacha has more balls than all of you combined. You get franc lite here. She listens to franc unleashed - and doesn't blink. If the FC5 eavesdropped, their DNA would unravel into raw amino acids. Here, by relative standards, you get the Barbara Cartland version.
awww that got me wet, my love

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote:
sacha wrote:
give me doggie style any day.
(checking schedule)
I promise to rein myself in, until I'm sure I won't break you.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Pinker wrote:From the Slate article:
After all, it seemed rather obvious to me that if your goal is to get sex or even just companionship, the very worst way to go about attaining that goal is to attend a conference, listen to a woman speak for 12 hours about how uncomfortable she is being sexualized at conferences, wait for her to express a desire to go to sleep, follow her into an isolated space, and then suggest she go back to your hotel room for “coffee,” which, by the way, is available at the hotel bar you just left.
If it's true, then I'm surprised anyone still had the willpower to pay attention and not zone-out by the 30 minute mark. And I thought she can't recognize faces. So how does she know the guy (she can't give a description of) was in attendance for her talk? How does she know he was at the hotel for the convention at all, or is in anyway connected to the skeptic community? I know, I know. All old points that have been raised a zillion times around here, but if she can be repetitive so can I.

btw, did Watson ever apologize to Stef McGraw for equating her simple point of disagreement with anonymous rape threats? Just asking for the benefit of any lurkers who might barely be catching up with all this shit due to the slate article.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Dilurk wrote:http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/ ... reats.html Guess who?

Just for interest, I wonder how many rape threats Jessica Ahlquist received?
SLATE published her?

sacha

Post by sacha »

Outwest wrote:Anyway...Slate? They'll publish anyone's rubbish. I've seen articles by PZ Myers in their a couple of times.

Hitch used to write for Slate!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

hello

i am quite drunk but

is our new news that ERV is curing HIV now?

FUCK YEAH

SLYMEPIT FOR THE WIN

also can someone point me to a link so i can buy that woman a drink

seirously

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Pinker wrote:From the Slate article:

It's time dilation, folks.
As she becomes a bigger and bigger star, her gravity increases, which, as we all know, has an effect on the apparent speed of light and thus time.

Just a year ago it was 10 hours (she gives that figure in the althouse bloggingheads interview)

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2011/07/re ... -time.html

Now it's 12.

If her internet fame goes on increasing at at the current exponential rate I calculate that this time next year the story will be that on that day people listened to her talk for 48 hours non-stop about how she hates being sexualized by guys making a pass at her.

As for her actually saying this at the Dublin conference, there is no record.
It wasn't during her actual talk (Aaron Ra has the talk on his youtube channel).
It could only have been during her bar session (10 hours, 12 hours - who the hell can remember details after that length of time drinking in a Dublin bar!)
I have only seen one person admit to being there at the time - that looney PZ sycophant, Rorscharch - and even he says he went to bed early and didn't see Rebecca leave. I havent seen anyone who thought they knew who Elevatorguy really was.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Notung wrote:I must say, noelplum99 is one of my favourite commentators on all of this. He has a kind of 'from the outside looking in' feel to his expressions and opinions and it's quite refreshing. It's like picking an intelligent person in a British street and saying 'what do you think of all this?'. I say British because I get the feeling that a lot of this 'privilege', SJW, etc. stuff comes from other continents. I've literally never come across it in real life over here.
hahaha! "other continents" how tactful.

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

ERV wrote:Today Im scientist-high. Like when you think you might have found something *amazing*, and youre allowing yourself a bit of hope all of your work + luck might actually pay off. Moved another big step forward on a hail-mary project that might actually ultimately be a treatment, if not The Treatment for HIV/AIDS.
Oh.

Well.

ABBIE! For goodness sake, behave your bloody self, going around doing important scientific work like that - you know damn well what this is going to lead to?

MOAR SEX!

There is Becci and all the others running around doing all the real hard work making sure people never have sex ever again because everyone will be too paranoid about rape and privilege in elevators and what do you do? You and your team work to help cure AIDS!!

If the population rises past 8 Billion in a short time, I'm blaming you! :D

sacha

Post by sacha »

KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:[
It can only get better after the fiasco of taking my damned Pomeranian into the vets.
Sorry; must have misread. I thought that you said you had a dog.

:whistle:
Several - 4 in total. I should have said veterinarian's. "Vets" is a bit too much shorthand, I suppose.
Dammit woman. I was taking the piss out of you having a pomeranian. First MKG, and now you. At least Jack Rayner gets me.

<slumps off back into corner>
I get you, Baby.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Oh.

Well.

Could you be more right than that? Me thinks not

comslave

Post by comslave »

Philip of Tealand wrote:
Oh.

Well.

ABBIE! For goodness sake, behave your bloody self, going around doing important scientific work like that - you know damn well what this is going to lead to?

MOAR SEX!

There is Becci and all the others running around doing all the real hard work making sure people never have sex ever again because everyone will be too paranoid about rape and privilege in elevators and what do you do? You and your team work to help cure AIDS!!

If the population rises past 8 Billion in a short time, I'm blaming you! :D

Somebody buy that woman a coffee.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Great news Abbie, let's hope it leads to something even more exciting.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Lsuoma wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:http://www.zooborns.com/.a/6a010535647b ... 970d-500wi

Latest trend in pets - a baby echidna - from Taronga Zoo in Sydney.
Coincidence!

Apparently these are called puggles, and I was just chatting to a colleague of mine who owns a puggle (pug/beagle cross dog)...

for fuck's sake. I've worked with dogs for over 15 years, and have volunteered for homeless, neglected, and abused dogs for even longer. "Designer Dogs" are for those that think having a mutt is below them. I refuse to acknowledge their "designer status". They are another commodity for unethical breeders (99.9% are unethical), catering to people who think that the more they spend on a dog, the more status they have in their fucked community of peers. They need to take all of the bloody ridiculous designer clothes they buy to dress up their "designer dogs" and carry around a fucking doll instead.

Where is my army of vultures??!!

Dogs (and other animals) are not status symbols.

by the way, KiwiInOz's little, fluffy, purebred, piss take was funny and spot on.

and Kiwi, I could have quite a collection of balls from all the neutered dogs...

Oh yes, it's the dog's bollocks