Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Michael K Gray

FOolon?

Post by Michael K Gray »

Has anyone noticed that you never see franc & oolon in the same room?

Saint N.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Saint N. »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:I’d be in danger of joining the Slymepit to moan about how awful all the FtBs lot are. [joke: I don't think I could muster that much butthurt about a banning no matter how unjustified the reasons are ]
As far as I'm concerned you joined the Slyme Pit the day you registered, so good day to you fellow butthurt denizen ('ONE OF US! ONE OF US!' :twisted: ). Now quit pussyfooting around, pick up your red light saber (respirator and black cape optional), and submit to the dark side already; it comes with awesome Sith mind tricks and shit.
welch wrote:At this point, he's basically a New Media Douchebag. He doesn't do shit, I'll bet a ten-spot his book never gets published, because he'll just be so gosh-darned busy, he's got no time to write it.
This might be off-topic, but in early 2011 I remember him mentioning his 'now-two-year-or-so-unwritten' book, saying it would be like the God Delusion, but meaner. My initial reaction was didn't Hitchens already write that book? I'm pretty sure PZ has already given us all the insights he has on religion through his blog over the years, so why would anyone want to pay for something they have been getting for free for such a long time.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Saint N. wrote:
This might be off-topic, but in early 2011 I remember him mentioning his 'now-two-year-or-so-unwritten' book, saying it would be like the God Delusion, but meaner.
Yup, there you go: All he can do is what Dawkins and Hitchens already did, only more like The Peez.

Except, he can't even pull that one off.

(Maybe he should consult with McBoob's homeless guy on how to pull one off. For tips. Oh Jesus, stop me. )

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Welcome to all the new Slyme Pit members. There are too many of you coming in for me to name individually so let this comment stand as my hearty greeting to all the fresh faces (avatars :? ).

welch

Post by welch »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Stephie Zvan just puts fingers to keyboard and vomit flies out: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... -activism/

*Everything* put out on their forum and what they spout on Twitter regarding A+theism is nothing but feminism. Does Zvan even use that raisin-excuse for a brain?
Steffy's thicker than a whale omelette.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Mykeru wrote:Yup, there you go: All he can do is what Dawkins and Hitchens already did, only more like The Peez.

Except, he can't even pull that one off.
Compared to titles like The God Delusion and god Is Not Great, PZ's Happy Atheist title comes across as pretty soft shit (from a marketing standpoint). I imagine if it ever gets written, he might wanna go with something with a bit more teeth in it. (Again, If it ever gets written) I'm imagining just a bunch of recycled old blog post of PZ's greatest hits ('Guys, remember crackergate? Remember how awesome and in your face it was, remember? I'm the edgy and mean atheist, yeah.') I'm open to being proven wrong though...if the book ever gets written, that is.

sacha

Post by sacha »

sacha wrote:
I mentioned that I would be attending on the original Slime Pit. Asked if there were any requests, like a note.

Of course what bothers her the most is not getting attention, so I posted that in order to get under her skin, I planned to ignore her, and we had a laugh. I'll find the links.
I have a difficult time sorting through the original Slime Pit. I would like to post links to what was said regarding the infamous mention I got from Becci. It was towards the end of the final thread (Periodic Table of Swearing). I even asked franc to help, but he could not locate them with my keywords. Can one of you please help?

Inaction Man

Post by Inaction Man »

Saint N. wrote:
Compared to titles like The God Delusion and god Is Not Great, PZ's Happy Atheist title comes across as pretty soft shit (from a marketing standpoint). I imagine if it ever gets written, he might wanna go with something with a bit more teeth in it. (Again, If it ever gets written) I'm imagining just a bunch of recycled old blog post of PZ's greatest hits ('Guys, remember crackergate? Remember how awesome and in your face it was, remember? I'm the edgy and mean atheist, yeah.') I'm open to being proven wrong though...if the book ever gets written, that is.
If it is just a handy compilation of PZ's greatest hits, he should just call it, "Easy Peasy" (groan).

OK, one internet to the best funny title for the phantom book.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I wish these shmuks would provide evidence for their claims. It's a bit like wishing the Moon was made of cheese, though...
C
sChmuCks

sacha

Post by sacha »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
sacha wrote: The "forum dedicated to hating her" is the Slime Pit. I'll post the rest of the story when I return.
Tell us more about ourselves, ma petite egoiste Becci.
narcississsst

I don't "hate" Becci either. I dislike her quite a bit, but "hate"? no

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Yeah, we’re just being bitchy when we object to being called bitches and cunts. We’re being bitchy, because hey, Nancy Pelosi, and SUVs, and Real Housewives of New Jersey, and bikini waxes, and slate countertops, and Sex and the City, and Greek yogurt, and contraception. What more do we want?
WTF is Ophelia wittering on about?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... pable-hit/

first world problem
I'm tired this evening from teaching in lab all afternoon until 6:00, and when I close my eyes to try to take a wee nap, all I can see is bits of stuff we've been dissecting. Parotid salivary gland in particular. Do you have any idea how much salivary gland tissue is packed onto the average human face?
/first world problem

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Hey, figured I'd stop by and say hello, since y'all been payin' so much attention to me, and all. :D

<Tenses up, waiting for laptop to start melting, earthquakes, wars and rumors of wars, dogs and cats living together... ... ...>

Hmmm... Nothing seems to be happening. Goddammit, this isn't fair. What the actual fuck? :x

Cue conniptions in 5... 4... 3...

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Hey, figured I'd stop by and say hello, since y'all been payin' so much attention to me, and all. :D

<Tenses up, waiting for laptop to start melting, earthquakes, wars and rumors of wars, dogs and cats living together... ... ...>

Hmmm... Nothing seems to be happening. Goddammit, this isn't fair. What the actual fuck? :x

Hey there, Al! Nice to see you here as well :) At least until, of course, the earth opens up and swallows you whole for even peeking in on us "horrible" people ;)

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Hey, figured I'd stop by and say hello, since y'all been payin' so much attention to me, and all. :D

Welcome to the funhouse, Al. Good to see another member of the "We put our faces next to everything we say" club. Coincidentally, dues are today, five dollars. I accept Paypal for your convenience. ;)

welch

Post by welch »

Michael K Gray wrote:
welch wrote:... 1200 people, and in skeptic/atheist circles, this is HUGE.
There were 4,000+ attendees at the Global Atheist Conference 2012, in Melbourne Australia.
That is huge.
compared to what? in computer spaces, it's not even a good keynote.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Rystefn wrote:Welcome to the funhouse, Al. Good to see another member of the "We put our faces next to everything we say" club. Coincidentally, dues are today, five dollars. I accept Paypal for your convenience. ;)
I don't recall ever writing anything using a pseudonym. Not that I don't get why a lot of people do. Just not my style.

Will you take a check? I am sure I have money in my account, there are still some checks left. (Hope you don't mind stains)

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

Like a few others here, I used to be a fan of Pz Myers. I even met him once. But he has really gone off the deep end, and so have the regular posters on his blog. (One of the best things about this place is that every second post isn't by Brownian)
Mykeru wrote:This is why Becca is off giving lectures on mean shit people said to her on YouTube: That's all she has. She doesn't create anything, all she has is marginal internet fame and all she can do is talk about her adventures on the internet.
Yes, and if you say anything negative about her or her talks, you are labelled as a pro-rape, woman-hating lunatic. It's absurd.

I can dislike one woman without disliking all women. There are plenty of terrific women speakers in the skeptic/atheist world. Rebecca isn't one of them.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Hey there, Al! Nice to see you here as well :) At least until, of course, the earth opens up and swallows you whole for even peeking in on us "horrible" people ;)
Fuck me running. First shot in and I make a double post. :(

Renee, meant to add this into my last post, but since there's no editing. <Wait, what's that rumbling..?>

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Rystefn wrote:Welcome to the funhouse, Al. Good to see another member of the "We put our faces next to everything we say" club. Coincidentally, dues are today, five dollars. I accept Paypal for your convenience. ;)
I don't recall ever writing anything using a pseudonym. Not that I don't get why a lot of people do. Just not my style.

Will you take a check? I am sure I have money in my account, there are still some checks left. (Hope you don't mind stains)
Is this a ploy to get my address? You going drop my dox (as the kids are saying these days)? Bcause if so, the joke's on you, I've got a P.O. box you can send the check to. :P

Also, I guess this can be considered a pseudonym, but it would be far more accurate to call it a nickname, since more people call me by it than by my birth name.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Rystefn wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

Is this a ploy to get my address? You going drop my dox (as the kids are saying these days)? Bcause if so, the joke's on you, I've got a P.O. box you can send the check to. :P
DRAT! FOILED, AGAIN!!!

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

And with that, you sir, win one internet. Whiplash FTW.
DRAT! FOILED, AGAIN!!!

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Its ok Al, you can always tell em you needed help getting to sleep, so came here to count misogynists

Inaction Man

Post by Inaction Man »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Hey, this is my real name and an actual photo of me in the altogether. I have a Super Hero suit of course, but putting it on requires action, thus defeating the purpose of my existence.

WYSISWG with Inaction Man!

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

sacha wrote:
sacha wrote:
I mentioned that I would be attending on the original Slime Pit. Asked if there were any requests, like a note.

Of course what bothers her the most is not getting attention, so I posted that in order to get under her skin, I planned to ignore her, and we had a laugh. I'll find the links.
I have a difficult time sorting through the original Slime Pit. I would like to post links to what was said regarding the infamous mention I got from Becci. It was towards the end of the final thread (Periodic Table of Swearing). I even asked franc to help, but he could not locate them with my keywords. Can one of you please help?
Oh please, someone dig that up. I want to use the hell out of that. The two stories Rebecca tells that have just enough detail to follow up are this and the Elevatorgate tweet.

Incidentally, what's the relationship between the ElevatorGate YouTube channel and http://elevatorgate.wordpress.com?

I'm checking Meet Up. I went to the ElevatorGate site and found the most recent pronouncements by Melody Hensley of CFI–DC.
I'm checking to avoid any function she's at. In a sane world I would say I would ask her a couple questions, but in CFI land, that obviously is a code for "confront and rape the hell out of", in the style of her hero, Becca. Unfortunately, that organisation is full of PNNASATTTA (People Not Nearly As Smart As They Think They Are).
Pinker wrote: Yes, and if you say anything negative about her or her talks, you are labelled as a pro-rape, woman-hating lunatic. It's absurd.

I can dislike one woman without disliking all women. There are plenty of terrific women speakers in the skeptic/atheist world. Rebecca isn't one of them.
And Hensley has certainly chugged Becca's Kool-Aid. Again, in a sane world getting that for criticizing some con-woman should be treated with the same contempt as the GOP's "You don't approve raping the poor with offshore drilling? Why do you hate America?"
Inaction Man wrote: Hey, this is my real name and an actual photo of me in the altogether. I have a Super Hero suit of course, but putting it on requires action, thus defeating the purpose of my existence.
My real picture too. You got a problem with that, sizzle-tits?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:Why do some Slimepitters insist on thinking - or at least saying (Tuvok is the worst) - that if you like the majority of FtBs (me) then you must worship at PZs altar?
Since PZ Barnum has banned you, I guess you weren't sucking his cock after all. Perhaps it was just the odd grope, here and there?

Anyway, with regards to Steersboy, if I call him a "piece of Baboon shit", he usually comes storming back, crying about how I'm some sort of cabin fuck boy, or something. So, here goes...

Steersman is a piece of Baboon shit.

Let's see if that wakes him up from his slumber.

:D

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

welch wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
welch wrote:... 1200 people, and in skeptic/atheist circles, this is HUGE.
There were 4,000+ attendees at the Global Atheist Conference 2012, in Melbourne Australia.
That is huge.
compared to what? in computer spaces, it's not even a good keynote.
4,000 bods at once in the same theatre/room at once is not huge?
How enormous are your Convention halls?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Rystefn wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

Also, I guess this can be considered a pseudonym, but it would be far more accurate to call it a nickname, since more people call me by it than by my birth name.
You know, you do look oddly familiar...

http://www.roberthood.net/obsesses/imag ... saurus.jpg

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Mykeru wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

Wow... high school photos are always so embarrassing... I can't believe I actually went out in public dressed like that.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tony Parsehole wrote:From Oolon's blog: "} I’m actually concerned about PZ, I’ve never seen comments garbled on Pharyngula – even the horrible racists and homophobes… Why not just delete if me saying effectively the above but in shorter form is that offensive? This is strange behaviour…"

Jesus, Oolon. How many times have you been told that this sort of shit is commonplace at Pharyngula? Garbling the comments of detractors has been going on since the Ark set out yet you didn't give a fuck before and chose to ignore it when people told you it happened. I wonder why that was? Why the big change of heart? Why should anyone care now that it's happening to you?
Steady up. Remember, leaving life as a Baboon takes time and the cognitive dissonance fades slowly. Like former religious folk who lose their faith, there is a time of confusion before clarity and logic take over.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Rystefn wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

Wow... high school photos are always so embarrassing... I can't believe I actually went out in public dressed like that.
Not one looks good in stripes.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Mykeru wrote:
Rystefn wrote: Wow... high school photos are always so embarrassing... I can't believe I actually went out in public dressed like that.
Not one looks good in stripes.
No one who isn't a cat, anyway.

Yeah, that's right. I said it. Fuck you, zebras. Nobody likes you anyway.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

welch wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Stephie Zvan just puts fingers to keyboard and vomit flies out: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... -activism/

*Everything* put out on their forum and what they spout on Twitter regarding A+theism is nothing but feminism. Does Zvan even use that raisin-excuse for a brain?
Steffy's thicker than a whale omelette.
Poor agapornis is taking a right slapping over there, with our old pal LeftSidePositive going for some kind of Chyme Pit* record post length. It's a re-run of a familiar theme: "Boo-hoo, people are being big meanies by insisting the word atheism means what it actually means, instead of all the other shit we want to hang off it."

Tough buns Zeffalump!"Disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings." That's it. You want to go wibbling on about feminism? Well there's already a word for that. It's 'feminism'. Aren't dictionaries great?

Quoth the Zeffalin:
Feminism is, after all, another common path to accepting atheism. Pointing out the misogyny of most organized religion is another means we use to justify fighting its influence.
Is it? Some here would know better than me perhaps, but how does the idea that god (judeao-christian-islamic, presumably) is a bit down on the chicks - which he is - lead to the conclusion that s/he/it doesn't exist? God, especially in the old testament, is a right bastard to lots of people. That doesn't stop believers from believing. It never has.

God is nasty therefore s/he/it doesn't exist? That's not reason or scepticism, it's just wishful thinking.

*I'm glad to have been reminded of this term. Henceforth FTB shall be The Chyme Pit to me!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:From Oolon's blog: "} I’m actually concerned about PZ, I’ve never seen comments garbled on Pharyngula – even the horrible racists and homophobes… Why not just delete if me saying effectively the above but in shorter form is that offensive? This is strange behaviour…"

Jesus, Oolon. How many times have you been told that this sort of shit is commonplace at Pharyngula? Garbling the comments of detractors has been going on since the Ark set out yet you didn't give a fuck before and chose to ignore it when people told you it happened. I wonder why that was? Why the big change of heart? Why should anyone care now that it's happening to you?
Steady up. Remember, leaving life as a Baboon takes time and the cognitive dissonance fades slowly. Like former religious folk who lose their faith, there is a time of confusion before clarity and logic take over.
^^This. So much this.[/FfTBullshit]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

real horrorshow wrote:Quoth the Zeffalin:
Feminism is, after all, another common path to accepting atheism. Pointing out the misogyny of most organized religion is another means we use to justify fighting its influence.
Is it? Some here would know better than me perhaps, but how does the idea that god (judeao-christian-islamic, presumably) is a bit down on the chicks - which he is - lead to the conclusion that s/he/it doesn't exist? God, especially in the old testament, is a right bastard to lots of people. That doesn't stop believers from believing. It never has.

God is nasty therefore s/he/it doesn't exist? That's not reason or scepticism, it's just wishful thinking.

*I'm glad to have been reminded of this term. Henceforth FTB shall be The Chyme Pit to me!
Where do they come up with this crap? My *mother* and *grandmother* are feminists and (GASP!) religious women. It isn't necessarily a "common path to accepting atheism". Sometimes people just make my brain hurt.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Who is Susanne Bullo?

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Steady up. Remember, leaving life as a Baboon takes time and the cognitive dissonance fades slowly. Like former religious folk who lose their faith, there is a time of confusion before clarity and logic take over.
Maybe we need a "Baboon Project", sort of like the Clergy Project only with swearing and stupid pictures?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

mutleyeng wrote:Its ok Al, you can always tell em you needed help getting to sleep, so came here to count misogynists
That made me snort.

Also - Hi Al! :D

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Who is Susanne Bullo?
That would be me - why?

welch

Post by welch »

we're some dull motherfuckers compared to our rep. Why, i've not eaten a baby, nor consumed the innocence of a fair maiden in WEEKS.

welch

Post by welch »

BarnOwl wrote:
Yeah, we’re just being bitchy when we object to being called bitches and cunts. We’re being bitchy, because hey, Nancy Pelosi, and SUVs, and Real Housewives of New Jersey, and bikini waxes, and slate countertops, and Sex and the City, and Greek yogurt, and contraception. What more do we want?
WTF is Ophelia wittering on about?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... pable-hit/

first world problem
I'm tired this evening from teaching in lab all afternoon until 6:00, and when I close my eyes to try to take a wee nap, all I can see is bits of stuff we've been dissecting. Parotid salivary gland in particular. Do you have any idea how much salivary gland tissue is packed onto the average human face?
/first world problem
I'm not THAT fluent in blithering nit-wit. I gather she's upset about something, but it IS a day that ends in "y", so i'm not exactly stretching there.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

welch wrote:we're some dull motherfuckers compared to our rep. Why, i've not eaten a baby, nor consumed the innocence of a fair maiden in WEEKS.
I'm not actually a fan of babies, or red meat in general. Am I a bad pitter if I just toss the baby in a dumpster instead of eating it? I can make up for it by defiling a few extra virgins if that helps...

sacha

Post by sacha »

LMU wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
oolon, slimy turd wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I don't really like the "you lot" you use all the time here. There's no "us lot". For exemple, some think you're a tedious troll who needs being ignored, while others engage with you (some in a polite maner, so in a bit more rude fashion).
Help please, what is the slime-approved nomenclature for referring to the slimepit and its denizens in totality?
The 'Pit Crew'.
I think I saw someone say "pit bull" too (sacha?).

yeah, I like "pit bulls". Arnie does too.

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

Regarding PUAs (pick-up artists), and PUA techniques, I think it's mostly harmless, up to a point.

A lot of it is about basic self-improvement for guys who are lacking confidence -- speak up, chin up, dress better, get in shape, have interesting hobbies, smile more, get out of your comfort zone, be aware of body-language, eye-contact, hygiene, posture etc.

Then there are the techniques about "approaching" girls, after you have overcome "approach anxiety", and techniques to stop a girl while she's walking around in public, so you can chat with her. If it's done during the day it's called "day game". Videos posted on youtube of attempts to approach strangers are usually called "infield videos". Here's an example of it being done very poorly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgs2W9fB17Q It's pretty funny once you can identify the exact techniques that he's attempting. Guys who are particularly keen can join expensive boot-camps where they do this sort of thing all day long while under the supervision of a pua master.

The worst aspects of the PUA world, and where things could go horribly wrong, and where the detractors have a case to make against it, are the 'negs', 'last minute resistance', 'kino escalation'. These are certain techniques used so that the PUA can "F-close" (fuck) the "HB9" (hot babe with a rating 9 out of 10). Last minute resistance (or LMR) in particular is the worst pua-term. It reads like something out of a rapists guidebook:
LMR is an acronym for Last Minute Resistance. This term describes the feelings a woman goes through once she is in a seduction location and resists a man’s attempts at physical escalation. This is often considered to be part of her ASD or Anti-Slut Defense, but the two terms are not interchangable.

from http://www.pualingo.com/pua-definitions ... tance-lmr/ [nsfw]

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Dick Strawkins wrote:New episode of Peezus and O

http://i.imgur.com/6ET9l.jpg?1

http://skepsheik.blogspot.se/2012/10/pe ... ode-7.html

Pitchguest gets a shoutout!
Holy shit, I missed this! Cheers, Shepsheik!

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

I was actually pretty shocked, I mean seriously, at the tone deafness of PZ making light of that murder.

FARKers where I hang out, yeah, we're assholes, but bonafide feminist atheists? Wow.

The privilege he must have to think that was acceptable.

Anyway, I am also somewhat astonished that Al leaves pretty quietly, no great big scene, and PZ sends him off by calling him a racist.

These two incidents, within 24 hours or so.

Do you think that's a meltdown, or just megalomania?

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

By the by, Mykeru, if you're looking for more on the doxxing of @ElevatorGate, you can find Sulky Amy's proxy here.

As you may have already seen from his Tumblr blog, 3 of his posts were DMCA'd by Amy. These DMCA claims were filled on July 25th, July 30th, and August 9th, but he didn't actually notice until August 17th, a few days after GirlWritesWhat posted the video about the DMCA's against her. Around the time, as people were brainstorming ways for GWW to make a counter-claim without having to expose her personal information, [feminists have done some nasty stuff to gender-traitors like her before...] someone suggested this fellow. GWW did something else, but when EG got DMCA'd, I began PM'd him for a bit [I don't think he'll mind it being mentioned, it's nothing exceptional] and suggested that he try that fellow out. He told me he would counter-claim on his own, and I left it alone. I never quite asked him why. It was by the next day, I believe, that I caught word that he was being doxxed by the idiot linked above.

TL;DR:

- Sulky Amy DMCA'd @ElevatorGate thrice between July 25th and August 9th
- @ElevatorGate noticed on August 17th, at which point he either counter-claimed on the same night or the following day.
- By the 18th, Sulky Amy's proxy was created, and began doxxing @ElevatorGate.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ReneeHendricks wrote:
That would be me - why?
I noticed the Susanne persona warning Meyers about a Twitter person a week or two back. Googled the unusual name and came up with links to yours, which was familiar (though I didn't know why, apart from a misty connection to atheism, arguments, blah).

Now I see you posting here. It might be a bit tinfoil hatty, but I was wondering why a person would post a warning to Meyers over there, then post here with a different name.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

somedumbguy wrote:Anyway, I am also somewhat astonished that Al leaves pretty quietly, no great big scene, and PZ sends him off by calling him a racist.
He did what?

The fuck, he actually did.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... 12/for-al/

http://9thcivic.com/gallery/albums/post ... belief.gif

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
That would be me - why?
I noticed the Susanne persona warning Meyers about a Twitter person a week or two back. Googled the unusual name and came up with links to yours, which was familiar (though I didn't know why, apart from a misty connection to atheism, arguments, blah).

Now I see you posting here. It might be a bit tinfoil hatty, but I was wondering why a person would post a warning to Meyers over there, then post here with a different name.
Ah, yes. That would be in reference to one Dawn Gordon (insectidyll on Twitter). She is a known harassing stalker with a tendency to contact people I interact with or reference on Twitter. She's a nasty piece of crap I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. So, I warned PZ and Ophelia Benson in the past week or so - they both have my ReneeHendricks blocked so it was necessary to use my other account.

FTR, Susanne Bullo is pretty much reserved for work and Renee Hendricks is my fun/atheist name (my name is Susanne Renee Bullo née Hendricks).

sacha

Post by sacha »

Guest wrote:
decius wrote:
welch wrote:
The group that PeeZus is "effective" in and the overall skeptic/atheist community are hardly the same.
Up until a few weeks ago, literally, Dawkins was still parading Peezus around as a paragon of atheism and skepticism. Hopefully he has wisened up by now. But it's going to take some work to undo that damage.
Be kinda nice to know really know the lay of the land though wouldnt it. How much damage have they done? How great a sphere of influence do they hold? I mean, TAM being the largest convention is probably largely immune, as I would imagine are folk like the science network (not sure about CFI). Just so long as there are credible organisations out there where good folk like Abbie can do their thing - thats what we have to work to protect?
If ever Al wanted to talk about the trend in traffic his last blog network had, that would be an interesting indication as to which way the wind is blowing.
Becci was dating someone from CFI - Adam Issak: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/member/6635/

speaking of images, this is the best photo I've ever seen of her:
300h.jpg
(8.6 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Also, I noticed that the counter for sending Secular Woman to Skepticon has been stuck at $1245 for a couple of weeks now. Six days to go until the deadline.

Thoughts?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

The Cocktopede

[youtube]-OeStUuUsy8[/youtube]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Currently in A+ forum land, where they're talking about the haters. It seems as if they've decided that A+ is only for the marginalised and people-without-privilege, which is confusing because by their definition a bunch of us here would be considered marginalised or people-without-privilege (PWP, eh! HAH). Via Setar:
Atheism+ is not a big tent. It's not intended to be a big tent.

Big tents are for and by the privileged. Marginalized people may exist inside a big tent, but the will of the big tent will always be skewed towards its most privileged members -- see the Democratic and Republican parties in the United States.

This is a small tent. This is a tent of the marginalized. This is where we go when we're sick of people in the big tent trying to push us around.
Hng. It's not for the marginalised. It's for people who enjoy the idea of being victims. Big difference.

sacha

Post by sacha »

codelette wrote:What if physical attributes are discussed as part of an anthropological studies of sorts? Like, sometimes I wondered what how do the the males that were going after the "young pretty" ladies looked like or their how were their personalities. Call me a shallow cunt, but given how the female specimens look I can only imagine the he-beasts the males were. I also sometimes think that if these "young pretty" ladies were placed on the clubs I used to hang out at they'll have their wish of being left alone wanted.
No, PZ, I am not a MRA. I am just a woman that had to deal a lot with male attention back in the day. Call me an observer of human nature.
you are a shallow cunt.

I'm here for you, baby.

sacha

Post by sacha »

welch wrote:PUA: every guy who is able to have sex with someone not their hand.

It's most used by manipulative shits playing the "nice guy" game. I'm sure every woman on the board has dealt with it. It's the whole "oh, our relationship is TOO SPECIAL for mere animalistic things like sex. I love you in a pure, unvarnished way."
nope, not this woman.

and I thank the bloody universe for that

Butters

Post by Butters »

This is a small conference that happens in Orange County, California every year. The person who started it and works hard to put it together was very excited to get PZ Myers and Greta Christina as speakers in 2013. (I don't think he follows all the drama)
http://freethoughtalliance.org/fta/annu ... /speakers/

He just added Matt Dillahunty today.
I wonder how this will work out? This is a small conference, so not as easy to avoid people.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote:ATTENTION FLYING MONKEYS: QUOTE MINING OPPORTUNITY.
JackRayner wrote: Several months later, after we ended up having a one-night stand, she started accusing me of having used PUA mind tricks to get her into bed. The fact is that all that was involved was a liter and a half of wine in my system, half a liter in hers, and her being extra flirty with me. [I think I've mentioned this story before. It was very traumatic. :violin: ] The level at which I currently employ "PUA tricks" are; believing physical beauty is common, indifference, and assuming that women are attracted. If these things are "mind tricks", [on anyone other than myself] then some of the men I know are fucking Jedi Masters!
Dude, you're a RAPIST.

*high five*
ooh, I'm a rapist as well!

sacha

Post by sacha »

sacha wrote:
Mykeru wrote:ATTENTION FLYING MONKEYS: QUOTE MINING OPPORTUNITY.
JackRayner wrote: Several months later, after we ended up having a one-night stand, she started accusing me of having used PUA mind tricks to get her into bed. The fact is that all that was involved was a liter and a half of wine in my system, half a liter in hers, and her being extra flirty with me. [I think I've mentioned this story before. It was very traumatic. :violin: ] The level at which I currently employ "PUA tricks" are; believing physical beauty is common, indifference, and assuming that women are attracted. If these things are "mind tricks", [on anyone other than myself] then some of the men I know are fucking Jedi Masters!
Dude, you're a RAPIST.

*high five*
ooh, I'm a rapist as well!
oh, I forgot, men can't be raped.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Za-zen wrote:Hey fuckwits from pzzzzzzzland. Someone left a message here for you

[youtube]X3Hg-Y7MugU[/youtube]

*swoon*

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Pinker wrote: The worst aspects of the PUA world, and where things could go horribly wrong, and where the detractors have a case to make against it, are the 'negs', 'last minute resistance', 'kino escalation'. These are certain techniques used so that the PUA can "F-close" (fuck) the "HB9" (hot babe with a rating 9 out of 10). Last minute resistance (or LMR) in particular is the worst pua-term. It reads like something out of a rapists guidebook:
LMR is an acronym for Last Minute Resistance. This term describes the feelings a woman goes through once she is in a seduction location and resists a man’s attempts at physical escalation. This is often considered to be part of her ASD or Anti-Slut Defense, but the two terms are not interchangable.

from http://www.pualingo.com/pua-definitions ... tance-lmr/ [nsfw]
Hahaha. Well, I guess it can sound rapey enough if taken out of context. However, I'm not aware of any formal strategy for "last minute resistance" that includes force, though I'll admit that I left the scene several years ago, so I might not know...

From reading that definitions page though, it seems like "freeze out" [That's never what I called it. Actually never had a name for it. I'm entertained by how every little thing has its own name though. Very systematic...] is actually how I choose to handle "last minute resistance". If things start getting warm and she puts a pause to it, I just chill out for a few minutes, and then politely let her know that I have an early morning the next day and either send her on her way, or take my ass home. I know that enough women see sex as a "gift" that they give from themselves to men, [Yes, I'm being heteronormative. Bite me.] but I don't, so I'm not about to grovel for it.