Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Outwest

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Outwest »

franc wrote:
Outwest wrote:
franc wrote:
aweraw wrote:Since we're posting pics of our dogs...
http://i.imgur.com/jWSI4.jpg
I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. It was the thought of what inferred to me. Still laughing.
Best not look at this the either -

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 1861#p1861
I guess I'm easily amused this evening. The thought of what that represents makes me laugh so hard, brings me to tears. But it was an 11 hour day at the office. :lol:

sacha

Post by sacha »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:And when they die (at 8, give or take a year or two) they will break your black, fucking heart in pieces.
Eight? I thought dogs were good for 14 or 15 years. What's wrong with Great Danes?
They are too big for their hearts (apparently), and they just give out early. Some can make it to 11 or even 12, but some only make 5 or 6. Smaller dogs generally live longer than larger ones, I'm told.

Danes are worth it though.
Posted before I read this, sorry.

The giant breeds have the shortest lifespans. When it comes to purebred dogs, often the smaller the breed, the longer the life, however, mutts tend to live longer than purebreds, so a mixed pup will often live longer (and be far healthier) than a much smaller purebred even with the same diet and lifestyle. Mutts are also far smarter than many purebreds.

Dogs are living longer because of the way they are cared for, what they eat, the amount of exercise they get, where they sleep, the veterinarian visits, a vast number of things to live for, the amount of love they are given... One dog year equaling seven human years is long out of date. Treating dogs like a beloved family member has been long overdue. Nothing in the world gives so much and asks so little.

I spend all day, every day (and every night too) with my hound... I am the fortunate one.

My favourite quote:

he is your friend, your partner, your defender.

you are his leader, his love, his life.

he will be yours 'til the last beat of his heart.

you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

-anonymous

franc

Slymepit calendar

Post by franc »

Here's an idea - pick 12 images and make a cafe press calendar. Pay for this place maybe?

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Arya Stark wrote:Schleimgrube, Herr Wirkliche Horrorschau.
Eine kunterbunte Schleimgrube voller Mösen, Fotzen, Schwänzen... wie Herr Kant sagen würde.
Kant said that? Well, you live and learn. So, 'kunterbunt' means colourful. I like 'Schleimgrube' too. It's sounds good: "Ich bin ein*
Schliemgruben" as Kennedy never said.

*ein/einem/eines? I never was any good at German!

sacha

Post by sacha »

Altair wrote:
Reap wrote:
Shouldn't 'schrodinger's rapist' be in the center and already marked?
Only for men. We'd need a different one for women with "Chill Girl" in the center, already marked. Or "sister punisher".
The original term for me, please. Gender Traitor.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Mykeru wrote:Therefore, they are a bunch of doody-heads and we rock.
Quod erat demonstrandum Professor!

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Altair wrote:
Arya Stark wrote:Hallo from across the Narrow Sea....
Hello and welcome to the pit, Frau Stark :)

As far as I can remember, we have English, Spanish, French and German speakers in the forum, the slymepit is a multinational hive of scum and villainy!

I've been using American Sign Language and haven't heard a thing back from anyone!

sacha

Post by sacha »

No need to be afraid. I'm not Ophelia nor Peezus and I'm not an assassin - yet. Just sneaking around to get a grip on Mykeru's well hidden dagger ;)

I choose this name just for the fun of it. Because every time since I discovered this hole BS that claims to be A+, I thought that I can't stand Sansa/Rebecca Watson ... and every professional victim like her.

In RL I'm just a middle-aged atheist woman from Germany. But I have a hard time writing in English, and I was quite happy to lurk. This thread is so long, I spend a lot of time reading, laughing and watching YouTube. But the "Cunt" demands it, so I try my best and come out of the closet. Happy to be here.

Some weeks ago I stumbled across this A+ Thing and tried to find out what was behind this "new third wave". I found a lot of mind boggling BS and than this hole Richard Carrier stuff...
That was the point of now return for me...
I would not call myself a skeptic as much as that my atheism comes from an anti-dogmatism, and this hole "If you are not with us, you are against as" stank so much... but non of the people that I liked before (I'm looking at you Matt D. and all the other AXPler) spoke out against it. I couldn't understand it ... and this was the time that I found a link to the Pit. I think it is nice here. Maybe I was born as a gender traitor, who knows.

Someone might think it is a bad move to invoke the old Godwin, but from my perspective I can't get around it. It's part of my history and I have to speak out against totalitarianism, where ever I find it. This hole "new speech" stuff is not only highly complicated for people like me, who struggle with the language. It is one sign of many that give me goosebumps and stomach ache.
Much more than an invitation to coffee ever could do...
I was never a feminist nor will I ever be. I tried to have an open mind about it, listened to some of the "godless bitches podcasts", but than came Atheism+. No, Thanks. Not any more. This hole Elevatorgate, T-Shirt whining, privilege checking is nothing for me.
I was a victim of bullying, I had my own encounters with sexism. I'm neither to young nor to blind to see harm, when harm is done.

But nothing that comes from this "Ladies" and there "White Knights" does anyone any good. If they really wanted to have a safe place, than they could make one, like the "Clergy Project" does it. But all they want is moaning and bitching, and crying. That's nothing for any women with a little bit of self-respect. And it is nothing for people with real problems, who could use help instead of self-produced troll-wars and endless threads about words. That's Bull-s/h/it.

Sorry but I need a dictionary to communicate. Call me dictionary-atheist all day long if you need, People of FfTB. I take it, and try as best as I can... Privilege works in many ways, you know?

I hope this words have cleaned up all suspicions against a little girl from Westeros and her much older name-thief from not so Westeros.

(And no, I don't know when the next season comes... but seriously, Winter is Coming.)
Welcome, and stop bloody apologising. Your English is just fine. If you have difficulty with something specific you want to covey, post it in German. I have quite a few people I can ask to translate, and there are at least a few here who speak and write both English and German that may be willing to clarify. This isn't a place where the US is the centre of the universe. Please do not refrain from commenting, simply because English is not your first language.

cheers

sacha

Post by sacha »

BarnOwl wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: She has a way with words. But mostly, words have their way with her.
:lol:

Because I lusted after a certain hand-dyed yarn aus Deutschland, I was willing to engage in online melees in order to purchase multi-colored grab bags of skeins, labelled kunterbunt. The word amuses me, so I sometimes call my little dogs kunterbunts when we're out in the backyard. Stop pulling leaves off my basil plants, you kunterbunts!

No, I don't care if the neighbors think I'm a Crazy Dog Lady.
My neighbours actually refer to me as the crazy dog lady.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote:
Of course, none of us was going to mention the war:
hahaha! When do I get my pounding, you sock of mine

sacha

Post by sacha »

Arya Stark wrote:a lot of Europeans think Americans are generally retarded
They are.

sacha

Post by sacha »

lost control wrote:sasha could, but I think she'd be disappointed with me. So, sorry sasha, even though I'd like to be available, but that wouldn't work, sadly. Intellecutally it could be fun, but you'd be so fucking bored sexually.
It is a very, very small percentage of men who do not bore me sexually, and as a pessimist, I prepare for the worst, so I just might be pleasantly surprised.

Pro tip: Bring to mind a woman you are furious with, remember every little detail of what she said and did that made you angry and frustrated, and think of her, when fucking me.

sacha

Post by sacha »

aweraw wrote:Since we're posting pics of our dogs, here's one of my boys. Solid tan fella is the speckled fella's father, and a bitzer (rhodesian ridge back, dingo, kelpie, and a bit of mastif somewhere along the line...). Mother was a brittish staffie cross chow chow, who gave up on life a few years back when one of her female offspring decided to claim the mantle of queen from her.

http://rawawesome.com/garm_mantus.jpg
Big, gorgeous and happy mutts. My favourite.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Tigzy wrote:
sacha wrote: He was able to do what he loved to do, before he was in too much pain to enjoy it. Life is about quality, not quantity. Dogs understand that. They have wisdom, humans simply do not possess.
Well, some dogs might have wisdom. My dog is as thick as pigshit. He sometimes barks at his arse when he farts.
hahaha! He only does it because it makes you laugh.

I have a two-year-old Bernese Mountain Dog, three days a week since she was 8 weeks old. She is sweet, happy, gorgeous, gentle, gets along with everyone and every dog, and one of the dumbest dogs I have ever known. She's the adorable "developmentally disabled" little girl who smiles all the time, and wants to be everyone's friend. Nearly all of the male dogs are infatuated with her. She happily plays with all of them. She's a slut.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Altair wrote:
Hello and welcome to the pit, Frau Stark :)

As far as I can remember, we have English, Spanish, French and German speakers in the forum, the slymepit is a multinational hive of scum and villainy!

We can add Maltese* to the list too.

*Can speak & read Maltese at a conversational level. Hardly used these days except during a once a month 5 minute phone call to my mum and whatever I can find in Youtube.

sacha

Post by sacha »

TheMan wrote: I look nothing like a kalamata!
Kalamatas are delicious...

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

sacha wrote:

My faves.... and my dogs sleep in the bed too and my partner refuses to pretend they are not looking.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

sacha wrote:
Anchovy stuffed olives are delicious. Disgustingly so.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

KiwiInOz wrote:
sacha wrote:
Anchovy stuffed olives are delicious. Disgustingly so.
Mum makes a green olive stuffed with tuna (mixed with parsley, anchovies & garlic). Very labour intensive so they only come out once a year during the Xmas lunch. I get a bowl all to my self. Addictive...salivating just thinking about it.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Pinker wrote:I can imagine how horrified some people would be if they knew I grew up having never heard of people like Bob Ross, Mister Rogers, Bill Nye, Bill Watterson, Mr Wizard.
As an Aussie, when young, I acquired so much very useful Yankee & Yiddish kultural info from MAD® Magazine, that it's value cannot be overestimated.
Plus, their cinema parodies were almost always superior to the actual films. "The Godfather", "Rosemary's Baby", "Star Bores", etc.
(Scented Nectar knows what I mean.)

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote: Tentative? You fickle bitch.

It's like this:

http://goo.gl/Q38N0

Try turning that down.
Last I heard, you were checking your schedule.

You are more than welcome to try to use me as a table (why would I care?), but I'm not a passive player, so it would be quite a feat to keep your beverage from spilling.

plus, I'm small. (47kg/7.5 stone and 1.57 metres) Throwing me around is fun.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
sacha wrote: He was able to do what he loved to do, before he was in too much pain to enjoy it. Life is about quality, not quantity. Dogs understand that. They have wisdom, humans simply do not possess.
Well, some dogs might have wisdom. My dog is as thick as pigshit. He sometimes barks at his arse when he farts.
hahaha! He only does it because it makes you laugh.

I have a two-year-old Bernese Mountain Dog, three days a week since she was 8 weeks old. She is sweet, happy, gorgeous, gentle, gets along with everyone and every dog, and one of the dumbest dogs I have ever known. She's the adorable "developmentally disabled" little girl who smiles all the time, and wants to be everyone's friend. Nearly all of the male dogs are infatuated with her. She happily plays with all of them. She's a slut.
Sounds like you have quite a menagerie …. Sounds like a real hand-full, although an entertaining one …. :-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

welch wrote:
Steersman wrote: ….
Paraphrasing Voltaire, "I may not (readily) agree with you taking the piss out of something (particulary if I'm the target), but I will defend to the death your right to do so." More or less in any case ….
How nice at you'll defend people's rights when convenient. Don't pull anything patting yourself on the back there. Stretch and warm up first.
I’ll do so sometimes even when it’s not convenient or not popular – or when it’s likely to lead to banning or being put on ignore …. But maybe that was a little too much self-aggrandizement for you or maybe you’re just overly sensitive. Somewhat odd since you’ve been known to “give a hobo a dollar” – or five - and have, apparently, financially contributed to Greta Christina’s well-being – and have taken some credit – and flack – for it.

But I don’t see anything wrong there – I expect we all make similar sacrifices and probably take some credit for it. Only problematic when the tail – or tale (e.g., RW) – starts to wag the dog but which hardly seems applicable in either of those cases.

rayshul

Re: Slymepit calendar

Post by rayshul »

franc wrote:Here's an idea - pick 12 images and make a cafe press calendar. Pay for this place maybe?
I've been hanging out waiting for someone to invite me to do a Gender Traitors Calendar. (And Gender Traitor Allies, maybe?)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Calendar Candidate?
Bathing suits are OK, I take it?
Inspector Laden checks A✝Theism Xe bathers' costume-length for legal coverage of their 'safe-spaces', as defined by the Ceepolk Komittee for social purity.
Attachments
InspectorLaden.png
(62.85 KiB) Downloaded 304 times

TheMan

Re: Slymepit calendar

Post by TheMan »

franc wrote:Here's an idea - pick 12 images and make a cafe press calendar. Pay for this place maybe?

Here's another Candidate:

struggling against privledge:

[youtube]NAkSMZzLmKw[/youtube]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

sacha wrote:patronising term, however I think it would be funny if those that used "people of colour" as a description, also referred to "white" people as transparent.
I have suggested to people they refer to a hex code ... a joke I stole from an animator friend

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Steers, oh my Steers:
As if to say that maybe I’m flogging a dead horse? :-)
I haven't heard from you about my answer to your query WRT "nigger" vs "cunt". http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... ger#p23965

This isn't baiting or anything, I'd just like to have your opinion on my train of thought. Checking myself, sort of...
No problemo – unlike most of AtheismPlus and, surprisingly, franc (politics & strange bedfellows …) I don’t have a problem with people asking questions …. ;-)

But I think your anecdote about some of your white friends calling one of their black friends a nigger illustrates and supports my argument that such words – along with “cunt”, “prick”, and the like – don’t necessarily apply to an entire group: if “cunt” isn’t sexist then, analogously, “nigger” isn’t racist, although both can be rude and insulting, of course. And it also illustrates Lenny Bruce’s argument that “… it’s the suppression of the word that gives it the power, the violence, the viciousness.” And maybe that latter point is part of franc’s (and the Pit’s) fifth-column, guerilla-warfare, clandestine objective, at least with regard to “cunt” ….

However, I’m most curious about the mechanism or process by which many people seem to reach the conclusion that either of those words – and similar ones – supposedly apply to entire groups. Particularly since the argument seems a little more tenuous for “nigger” and similar words, although that might be due to the suppression. But consider these definitions for the word:
noun
1. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive .
a. a black person.
b. a member of any dark-skinned people.
2. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive . a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.
3. a victim of prejudice similar to that suffered by blacks; a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised.
Interestingly and in passing, I note that the article describes cases, similar to your anecdote, where there is “the sense [of] referring to a “black person”, [as] sometimes used among African-Americans, in a neutral or familiar way.” Much like “cunt” in this neck of the woods, at least sometimes.

But it is the last two definitions that seem suggestive of that conflation of the individual and group: each of them refer to “a person” by which there is no justification that I can see for implying that it refers to an entire group, no justification for arguing that any group – on average – is any more or less “contemptible, inferior, or ignorant; or economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised” than any other group. And certainly not due to any intrinsic “flaws”.

Hope that addresses your query or question, although I think it is, in general, a complicated question so I may not have ....

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

sacha wrote:

It's like this:

Try turning that down.

You are more than welcome to try to use me as a table (why would I care?), but I'm not a passive player, so it would be quite a feat to keep your beverage from spilling.

But dwarf throwing is just so un-PC

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

cunt wrote:When does season 3 come out anyway?
March 31st 2013:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/episodes?season=3

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

Girl is harassed by a creep and brought to tears while wearing a Clash t-shirt:

http://i.imgur.com/85lTs.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/LetsNotMeet/com ... ep_magnet/

:lol:

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

sacha wrote:

...But I have a hard time writing in English, and I was quite happy to lurk.
Welcome, and stop bloody apologising. Your English is just fine.
People who apologize for their English are always more fluent than I am. :doh:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Hello Arya (I'll read it out loud as "ach ja", if you don't mind).

Welcome to the Pit!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Hey Xuys! Now that we have our Slimepit✠ Logos (but no scary T-Shirts oops: trigger warning :cry: ), before we work out what our missionary statement is, we need to raise $$$(US, of course. It is the only country that matters on this flat planet)
What better method than to start our own cable channel?
I mean, if that total traitor ablist hyper-cis-para-trans-iso-sec-terc-ortho-verso-levo-rectus-meta-vec-ungendered misogynist Schröedinger-raping loser Matt D can do it, so can we, like totes grate!
LIKE Yays!! <smug Dunning-Kruger smiley needed> :?:
Hugz for differently abled KITTEHS!
We could give the excess $$$ to charities, or something. Casinos sound good too me. Or bar-bills of our heroin(e)s? SWOON! :drool:

Idea for publicity poster:
CuntTv.png
No-one can hear you cream in Safe-Space
(125.22 KiB) Downloaded 302 times

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

KiwiInOz wrote:But dwarf throwing is just so un-PC
I thought it was called Dwarf "Tossing"?
Entirely different activity, old chum.
I can see that you did not attend MY private club.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Thanks for your answer Steers. A complex subject indeed, but probably mostly due to cultural differences. Again.

I'll try to go into it a bit more later on, although I've gone at leanght about it already before.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

B
Michael K Gray wrote:
Was that the same club you were asked to leave for tossing the midget in front of the staff?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

KiwiInOz wrote:B
Michael K Gray wrote:
Was that the same club you were asked to leave for tossing the midget in front of the staff?
Were you the one in the rubber Kiwi suit?
The ball-gag didn't fit your beak, mate.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Michael K Gray wrote:Hey Xuys! Now that we have our Slimepit✠ Logos (but no scary T-Shirts oops: trigger warning :cry: ), before we work out what our missionary statement is, we need to raise $$$(US, of course. It is the only country that matters on this flat planet)
I mean, if that total traitor ablist hyper-cis-para-trans-iso-sec-terc-ortho-verso-levo-rectus-meta-vec-ungendered misogynist Schröedinger-raping loser Matt D can do it, so can we, like totes grate!
Right, I am going to raise the ante:

http://i.imgur.com/pkXLq.jpg

Your turn sir, or do you fold?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Why, yes. Yes it was. You might say that it is a little fetish of mine. What gave me away?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:Hey Xuys! Now that we have our Slimepit✠ Logos (but no scary T-Shirts oops: trigger warning :cry: ), before we work out what our missionary statement is, we need to raise $$$(US, of course. It is the only country that matters on this flat planet)
Right, I am going to raise the ante:
Your turn sir, or do you fold?
You force me to "Double Down", and play my Ace+:
Attachments
Hilter+.png
(608.39 KiB) Downloaded 292 times

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Why, yes. Yes it was. You might say that it is a little fetish of mine. What gave me away?
The accint<sic> when you squealed like a pig, boy.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

In other news, I now know what colour teal is.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Just read this on the Atheism+ "non-safe space A+ forum" discussion, posted by that bastion of rationality Setar.
And in real life, you don't get to pick up and move your ivory tower around so you're always insulated from criticism. You have to come down out of your ivory tower and expose yourself, or you just wind up looking ignorant and out of touch (because you are) to everyone who is dealing with the problems that you're blowing smoke about.
Atheism+: where people really, really, don't understand their massive hypocrisy.

Arya Stark

Post by Arya Stark »

real horrorshow wrote:
Arya Stark wrote:Schleimgrube, Herr Wirkliche Horrorschau.
Eine kunterbunte Schleimgrube voller Mösen, Fotzen, Schwänzen... wie Herr Kant sagen würde.
Kant said that? Well, you live and learn. So, 'kunterbunt' means colourful. I like 'Schleimgrube' too. It's sounds good: "Ich bin ein*
Schliemgruben" as Kennedy never said.

*ein/einem/eines? I never was any good at German!
This would be "Ich bin ein Schleimgrubler!" and for the sister punishers it would be "Ich bin eine Schleimgrublerin!" My language is so sexist, I'm embarrassed. We call girls "it", witch degrades them to objects.

And there might be somewhere some guy named Kant, who said this... I'm to busy right now to look it up, starting an internet campaign, to force all the people who call them self that, to change their name. It might be offensive, you know. It sounds so much like cunt.
The campaign will tell them to name them self Benson, to show their respect for this woman... Fuck Immanuel, fuck the patriarchy and the whole enlightenment. You go, Ophelia. You know whats best for all of us.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Arya Stark wrote:Fuck Immanuel, fuck the patriarchy and the whole enlightenment. You go, Ophelia. You know whats best for all of us.
In Australia, "How are you going, you old cunt?!" is a term of sincere filial endearment.
It displays an unshakeable confidence that one's interlocutor is a social equal.
Male or female, it matters not.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Michael K Gray wrote:In Australia, "How are you going, you old cunt?!" is a term of sincere filial endearment.
It displays an unshakeable confidence that one's interlocutor is a social equal.
Male or female, it matters not.
Almost invariably followed by:
* A handshake
* A shoulder-slap
* Beer, into which one's paw is thrust
* Signing of a business contract
* ____________________________ (Fill the blank in)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

rayshul wrote:In other news, I now know what colour teal is.
Our Philip of Teal-and does as well.
It is the colour of "Tea", but sans the "and".

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

sacha wrote:

It's like this:

Try turning that down.

I don't understand what you mean by "not a passive player". Aren't you just supposed to grimace and tweet about it?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Sacha and Mykeru on Reap's podcast silmutaneously.

Votes?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Brave A+Fearism Feminazi-Warriors
TightLips.png
(169.7 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

Post by Guest »

Jonathan wrote:Just read this on the Atheism+ "non-safe space A+ forum" discussion, posted by that bastion of rationality Setar.
And in real life, you don't get to pick up and move your ivory tower around so you're always insulated from criticism. You have to come down out of your ivory tower and expose yourself, or you just wind up looking ignorant and out of touch (because you are) to everyone who is dealing with the problems that you're blowing smoke about.
Atheism+: where people really, really, don't understand their massive hypocrisy.
Holy shit, this is hilarious.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Mykeru wrote:Aren't you just supposed to grimace and tweet about it?
'Ere mate? You sayin' a bird just tweets?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I have to wonder: who read with their lips?

Post by Guest »

Oh god, even better - Xanthë's location: "Wurundjeri, Bunurong country [Melbourne, Australia]". I mean, I like that Australia is taking steps towards acknowledging the indigenous people as the original owners of Australia, but this is so PC that it's fucking hilarious. It's not even that I think he/she is wrong to do it, but you can just tell they're trying so hard to make sure they don't tread on any toes that it's amusing.

Do I have to now check my privilege when referring to where I live?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I have to wonder: who read with their lips?
Blind amputees.

windy

Post by windy »

No need to be afraid. I'm not Ophelia nor Peezus and I'm not an assassin - yet. Just sneaking around to get a grip on Mykeru's well hidden dagger ;)

I choose this name just for the fun of it. Because every time since I discovered this hole BS that claims to be A+, I thought that I can't stand Sansa/Rebecca Watson ... and every professional victim like her.

In RL I'm just a middle-aged atheist woman from Germany. But I have a hard time writing in English, and I was quite happy to lurk. This thread is so long, I spend a lot of time reading, laughing and watching YouTube. But the "Cunt" demands it, so I try my best and come out of the closet. Happy to be here.
Welcome, fellow vaginated-European! +2 diversity points for you, minus one for privilege.

"Sansa/Rebecca", LOL!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Guest wrote:Oh god, even better - Xanthë's location: "Wurundjeri, Bunurong country [Melbourne, Australia]". I mean, I like that Australia is taking steps towards acknowledging the indigenous people as the original owners of Australia, but this is so PC that it's fucking hilarious. It's not even that I think he/she is wrong to do it, but you can just tell they're trying so hard to make sure they don't tread on any toes that it's amusing.

Do I have to now check my privilege when referring to where I live?
Yes.
As you are plainly a descendent of European invasionist trespasser on traditional Guarna tribal lands. [Adelaide, Oztraya]
The sins of the great-grandparents are your burden to we Denisovian folk, who are "in touch" with the landscape that owns us.

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

Michael K Gray wrote:
rayshul wrote:In other news, I now know what colour teal is.
Our Philip of Teal-and does as well.
It is the colour of "Tea", but sans the "and".
Michael, you have Internet Points in your bank today, you've earned them! :D

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Sacha and Mykeru on Reap's podcast silmutaneously.

Votes?
Man I may have to get a better headset if there's going to be all this podcasting (And currently there's some conspiring with Typhon Blue). With Reap I just used my tinny old Plantronics Gamecom headset from when I spent my time personally winning World War II in Call of Duty.

Sacha must do a hot Russian accent. Even if she actually talks like a scouser.

[youtube]Mv_F_ZLAtzY[/youtube]