Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Tony Parsehole

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I would LOVE to see one of the Victim Party walk into a police station and say they are being stalked:

FTB/Skecpchick) Help me!!! I'm being stalked!

Policeman) This is very serious. What is the nature of the stalking?

FTB/Skecpchick) People are reading my public blog and my tweets and discussing what I say on them!

Policeman) ............

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I would LOVE to see one of the Victim Party walk into a police station and say they are being stalked:

FTB/Skecpchick) People are reading my public blog and my tweets and discussing what I say on them!

Policeman) ............
I think you might like this then

[youtube][/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

This is what a feminist looks like.
http://otherpeopleblog.files.wordpress. ... tattoo.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Hartlepool Monkey FTW!!!!! In the North East we like to believe the story is true. Fucking daft monkey hangers.

franc

Post by franc »

Philip of Tealand wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:I would LOVE to see one of the Victim Party walk into a police station and say they are being stalked:

Policeman) ............
I think you might like this then

[youtube][/youtube]
Embedded here http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 491#p24491

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tony Parsehole wrote:This is what a feminist looks like.
Reminds me of the joke about the fellow in the bar who noticed that another patron always had scads of women draped all over him. And he asked the bartender how the fellow managed that and the bartender said, “Beats me. He just come in and starts licking his eyebrows ….”

Feminism has its good points, others that are a little more problematic:
Definition of FEMINISM
1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests
Those “activities” and those “theories” cover a lot of ground, some of it more tenable than others.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

And there was me thinking I was being original.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Philip of Tealand wrote:Ermm guys

Sorry

Its all me

I'm Franc, heck, sometimes I post as Abbie just to make myself seem more intelligent than I really am.

I've said the word cunt a heck of a lot in my life

My favourite poster is Oolon

It all went downhill when Mykeru told me to go fuck my keyboard, it didn't help my keyboard and now I'm waiting for some of the plastic keys to be removed, this is NOT a laughing matter, I got scars man, scars that may never heal!

OH THE SHAME OF IT ALL!

Look out kids, this is what happens when you post on...*pause for dramatic chord in Eb Dim 9th* THE SLYME PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Technically a diminished 9th isnt a valid chord tension, as it would simply be a doubling of the octave (a semitone lower than a min 9th), and thus a chord tone, not a tension. Common chord nomenclature dictates that a note name by itself indicates a major triad. What youre left with is an Eb major triad with a doubled octave note. A consonant and rather happy chord, thereby calling the slymepit a happy place.

Therefore you have just condoned rape.

franc

Post by franc »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
You can be original and have someone beat you to it. Variations on this theme have come and gone. But yes, I would love to compel her pudgy pinkness to formalise her squealing - actually explain it to professionals that do deal with real world threat and violence...

This meth-head thing I was once involved with used to thieve rent money and what not and when confronted, got in the habit of calling cops and squealing abuse. I used to insist the cops take her to the local women's shelter - at which point she would immediately think of weasely excuses for them not to. Cured her victim habit pretty fast, at least as far as I went. She knew full well the shelters that deal with real world problems would have spotted her for a fraud straight away. Still wonder how I let myself get entrapped that way. Young and stupid.

Philip of Tealand

DownThunder wrote:

Sorry

Its all me

I'm Franc, heck, sometimes I post as Abbie just to make myself seem more intelligent than I really am.

It all went downhill when Mykeru told me to go fuck my keyboard, it didn't help my keyboard and now I'm waiting for some of the plastic keys to be removed, this is NOT a laughing matter, I got scars man, scars that may never heal!

OH THE SHAME OF IT ALL!

Look out kids, this is what happens when you post on...*pause for dramatic chord in Eb Dim 9th* THE SLYME PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Technically a diminished 9th isnt a valid chord tension, as it would simply be a doubling of the octave (a semitone lower than a min 9th), and thus a chord tone, not a tension. Common chord nomenclature dictates that a note name by itself indicates a major triad. What youre left with is an Eb major triad with a doubled octave note. A consonant and rather happy chord, thereby calling the slymepit a happy place.

I worship Oolon, what did you expect?

Also, Eb Dim 9th is, according to Seth Green's character, a mans chord, you could lose a finger attempting the diminished 9th, therefore I condone double rape.

I'm that evil.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

DownThunder wrote:

Sorry

Its all me

OH THE SHAME OF IT ALL!

I guess we need something in the saddest of all keys.

[youtube]NgViOqGJEvM[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

DownThunder wrote:

I have no clue what you people are talking about. Sometimes I wish I had learned to read music and chord structures.

OMFSM!!! I'm the RW of symphonic metal! FUUUUU...

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Steersman wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Is that all the comments Ophelia and the FTB have made about me. Let's check. I don't want to miss anything.

1. Implying in some way I made a threat against Rebecca Watson. What threat? That claim is legally actionable. ....
Apart from wondering where you took your voice lessons to get it to “vibrate with rage”, it seems to me that it is rather much of a stretch to your apparent conclusion that Ophelia is saying or implying that you “made a threat against Rebecca Watson”. Considering those tweets of hers:
Ophelia Benson wrote:Whoever he is, he’s scary. His voice vibrates with rage throughout. He sounds an inch away from going postal.
….
Yes. If R were in front of him – bam.
I would say that all she is saying is a hypothetical: “If R were in front of him [then] bam” – no different from franc’s infamous “if I were a woman then I’d kick you in the cunt”. Don’t go off the deep end in imputing more than is manifest in the statements – that’s FTB/Skepchick modus operandi if not paranoia ….
Aw, you're no fun.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

rayshul wrote:What some people say is horrifyingly offensive and riddled with insults is someone else's "inside voice".
Although, generally speaking - and I emphasize that, that’s not to say that an “inside voice” can’t exhibit some pathologies of one sort or another. I remember listening to a video “podcast” by Oprah of a book by Eckart Tolle – A New Earth, to some extent an amalgam of Buddhism and psychology. One of his arguments was that we tend to focus on the narratives in our own minds – the inside voice – and tend to have some difficulty recognizing that and stepping outside of it.

Dawkins has an interesting discussion on that point in The God Delusion in the context of the processes by which we have believed in various gods:
Dawkins wrote:I was led to think about it while reading the American psychologist Julian Jayne’s The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, a book that is as strange as its title suggests. It is one of those books that is either complete rubbish or a work of consummate genius, nothing in between! Probably the former, but I’m hedging my bets.

Jaynes notes that many people perceive their own thought processes as a kind of dialogue between the ‘self’ and another protagonist inside the head. Nowadays we understand that both ‘voices’ are our own – or if we don’t we are treated as mentally ill. …. The ‘breakdown of the bicameral [two chambered] mind’ was, for Jaynes, a historical transition. It was the moment in history when it dawned on people that the external voices that they seemed to be hearing were really internal. Jaynes even goes so far as to define this historical transition as the dawning of human consciousness. [pgs 392-393]
By which token, the argument seems to be that at least the more fundamentalist religious are essentially totally deluded in hearing god as that other protagonist – they haven’t yet integrated that into the self, the inside voice.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Philip of Tealand wrote:
DownThunder wrote:

Sorry

Its all me

OH THE SHAME OF IT ALL!

I worship Oolon, what did you expect?
For a moment I read that as Oolong and was happy. That moment is gone now.

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Steersman wrote:
Reminds me of the joke about the fellow in the bar who noticed that another patron always had scads of women draped all over him. And he asked the bartender how the fellow managed that and the bartender said, “Beats me. He just come in and starts licking his eyebrows ….”
[youtube]73L3KVxt_GU[/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Mykeru wrote:
Steersman wrote: ....
I would say that all she is saying is a hypothetical: “If R were in front of him [then] bam” – no different from franc’s infamous “if I were a woman then I’d kick you in the cunt”. Don’t go off the deep end in imputing more than is manifest in the statements – that’s FTB/Skepchick modus operandi if not paranoia ….
Aw, you're no fun.
Yea, I know – a real party-pooper; sorry. Just that I remember being at one of those parties that, in their nature, got a little carried away – could have turned out much worse than it did …. But I’ll plead “youth” ….

Philip of Tealand

Jonathan wrote: For a moment I read that as Oolong and was happy. That moment is gone now.
Actually, you have a point - Oolon, sorry mate, you are old news, I have some Oolong on my desk, it is here for me - PRAISE BE!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

franc wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
You can be original and have someone beat you to it. Variations on this theme have come and gone. But yes, I would love to compel her pudgy pinkness to formalise her squealing - actually explain it to professionals that do deal with real world threat and violence...

This meth-head thing I was once involved with used to thieve rent money and what not and when confronted, got in the habit of calling cops and squealing abuse. I used to insist the cops take her to the local women's shelter - at which point she would immediately think of weasely excuses for them not to. Cured her victim habit pretty fast, at least as far as I went. She knew full well the shelters that deal with real world problems would have spotted her for a fraud straight away. Still wonder how I let myself get entrapped that way. Young and stupid.
That's it. They know their claims of abuse, stalking and harrassment are bullshit. Not even deep down on a subliminal level but as a hard fact they know it's all shit used to score points in a losing argument.
Believe me, if Ireceived a turd in the post with a letter threatening my family I'd phone the police and I'd expect to be taken seriously but I wouldn't for one second tell them that somebody on youtube said they wished I was dead.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tristan wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Reminds me of the joke about the fellow in the bar who noticed that another patron always had scads of women draped all over him. And he asked the bartender how the fellow managed that and the bartender said, “Beats me. He just comes in and starts licking his eyebrows ….”
youtube:73L3KVxt_GU
That’s a hoot – thanks. :-)

[Though past time to call it a day; night all ….]

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I have no clue what you people are talking about. Sometimes I wish I had learned to read music and chord structures.

Nah, see, music theory is something old white men do. The worst thing you can do is going around knowsplaining to everyone, basking in your privilege. I prefer to reject patriarchal music and get all my knowledge from feminism 101. I make music by walking around with a contact microphone in my vagina.

PS, I am a sock puppet of Mozart/Franc Hoggle. Here is me PUA'ing the bishes:

http://i48.tinypic.com/30crlg3.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I have no clue what you people are talking about. Sometimes I wish I had learned to read music and chord structures.
I will also admit to being completely confuzzled.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Oh I am a sockpuppet too. I'm Oolon though not Franc. Or maybe I'm Flewellyn. Who knows?

Philip of Tealand

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I will also admit to being completely confuzzled.
To be honest, the only reason I know of Eb Dim 9th is cos of playing too much Jimi Hendrix on guitar and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I don't read music at all, I listen to it and then see if I can pick it up from there

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Ah you may be thinking of something like Eb7 augmented 9th. You see, Hendrix was quite the knowsplainer, many historians now theorise Hendrix was in fact an Old White Guy.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

KiwiInOz wrote:Are YOU a franc sock puppet?

http://www.legendsandlore.com/images/gsockpuppet3.gif
Feynman once mentioned the idea that there was only one electron in the universe, going backwards and forwards in various dimensions so it appeared like every electron - but they were all the same! Maybe we have Feynman's sockpuppets here, to go with Schroedinger's rapist?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

In passing, I hope no one here has been too affected by hurricane Sandy. I've been through a couple while in Florida, still remember the "hurricane roads" and their blue signs.

AnonymousCowherd

justinvacula wrote:Round two from Ophelia:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... p-writing/

It's all about women being called 'cunts' for Ophelia. As is often mentioned here, she uses that word quite frequently when compared to those who she complains about using the term.
Those are our choices. Be called a fucking cunt, and ugly, old, fat; be photoshopped; be misrepresented and lied about; be relentlessly harassed via Twitter and trolling; or stop writing.

That’s just how it is. We were irresponsible enough to decide to be women, so there it is. We can write, or we can avoid constant harassment; we can’t do both. As Stewart said yesterday (and Stephanie quoted him): The real message is “being a woman does not entitle you to protection from the extra hostility you get for being a woman.”
If no-one has said it yet (or even if they have), Ophelia "Get thee to a nunn'ry, why woulds't thou be a breeder of
sinners?"

Philip of Tealand

DownThunder wrote:Ah you may be thinking of something like Eb7 augmented 9th. You see, Hendrix was quite the knowsplainer, many historians now theorise Hendrix was in fact an Old White Guy.
I think you may be right, there I go getting my diminisheds confuzzled with my augmenteds you can tell I'm a shit musician, thanks for the correction!

From the photos of Hendrix I can see why many historians would think that he was in fact white - they were just using the 60s version of photoshop to hide his true knowsplainer attitudes.

Philip of Tealand

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:In passing, I hope no one here has been too affected by hurricane Sandy. I've been through a couple while in Florida, still remember the "hurricane roads" and their blue signs.
Yes, I've seen the satellite images and the BBC site today, shocking and scary stuff indeed, my sympathies and hope to all those involved

AnonymousCowherd

sacha wrote:
papillon wrote:
sacha wrote: Photograph taken Friday - The Great Dane is named Sandy:
Ooh lovely. I do like a Great Dane...maybe one day.
I've got a very raucous Weimaraner who's just about as much dog as I'm willing to cope with at the moment.
Cute GD pup is cute though..
Weimaraners are nervous. They often panic when alone, can't stand any of their people out of the room. It is work just attempting to keep them calm and happy. Poor sweet grey pups missing half their tails...

Sandy is a client, as is the too-little-to-be-a-dog she is after. She is a sweet old girl. Just lovely, wouldn't harm a thing.

My boy is a big mutt, but next to Sandy he looks small...
Oh oh. Great Dane appreciation society warning.

Dane's read your mind better than you can read it yourself. They don't need much exercise or space, just lotsa food, a towel to wipe the jowls after a drink (and who doesn't need that?), and a mattress to sit on when you go to restaurants. They are the most civilised people I know. And when they die (at 8, give or take a year or two) they will break your black, fucking heart in pieces.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

rayshul wrote:I've seriously never been to their blogs in the past year except by accident, I don't follow any of them on twitter or anything like that, I don't read their articles and the only person I've googled as far as I recall is an image of Ophelia (to find out if she was a college teenager, as I first assumed).

I'm going to go out on a limb and suspect I'm not the only person who never visits the blogs but likes the discussions of crazy fucking social justice shit that go on here.
You aren't the only one that never reads their blogs. Never. These people have no idea what real stalking and bigotry is like.

decius

Post by decius »

somedumbguy wrote:http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... e-get-fat/
Has Taubes destroyed the old low-fat myth only to create his own new low-carb myth? Rather than jumping on the low-carb bandwagon before his ideas are properly tested, the precautionary principle suggests that it might be more reasonable to follow a moderate diet like the Mediterranean diet (or to follow Michael Pollan‘s stunningly simple advice to “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”), to limit “empty calories” from simple carbohydrates like sugar, to eat a variety of vegetables and fruits, to choose low calorie density foods that are more filling, to limit meat intake, to limit salt, and to keep looking for behavioral and environmental ways to change our calories-in/calories-out balance.
A conclusion like this relying on the precautionary principle in no way suggests Taubes is a charlatan or that he has been debunked.

It suggests a difference of opinion, but actually not even a negation of Taube's views, more like a dubiousness.
Probably I had this one in mind:
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... more-18136

Try Novella, if you like it worded more strongly (particularly the lecture I linked earlier) :
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/inde ... lism-diet/

The bottom line is this. If one isn't a physician (or a qualified dietician) and offers medical advice that is opposite to scientific consensus, one is - by definition - a quack and a charlatan.

Further, you may not see much discussion on medical and sceptical sites about Taubes's work, because he is basically peddling the Atkins diet and low-carb principles.
Some debunking thereof:

http://www.quackwatch.org/06ResearchProjects/lcd.html

Anecdotally, but more entertainingly - Atkins died an obese and his wife has been trying to hide this fact from the press.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1454414 ... tkins.html

This topic can be easily researched from a pro-science sceptical viewpoint. You shall find that the conclusions are inescapable and the scientific consensus points firmly in one direction.

AnonymousCowherd

franc wrote:
Za-zen wrote:In sally's world, it's totes good to defraud the social justice system (the tax system) whilst sitting on her ass lecturing others as to their social justice responsibilities to her and other select victims.

Welcome to the Aplusser mind.
Don't forget about donating to privileged western white women's charity appeals. The horror, real world considerations might see them cancel their day spa and femerotica subscriptions otherwise.
No problem. Jen McFreight's extra taxes are paying for Sally's IUD (improvised upskirt device), so no hobo will be denied a place to... er...

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

DownThunder wrote:Ah you may be thinking of something like Eb7 augmented 9th. You see, Hendrix was quite the knowsplainer, many historians now theorise Hendrix was in fact an Old White Guy.
But George Harrison taught Jimmy that cord. *whistles*

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:And when they die (at 8, give or take a year or two) they will break your black, fucking heart in pieces.
Eight? I thought dogs were good for 14 or 15 years. What's wrong with Great Danes?

Philip of Tealand

TheMan wrote:
But George Harrison taught Jimmy that cord. *whistles*
Cord? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cord_%28unit%29

I never knew George was so knowledgeable about wood and I think it was most kind of him to teach Jimi!

AnonymousCowherd

Did someone mention Renfield?

[youtube]XnH5YRkqbns[/youtube]

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

real horrorshow wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:And when they die (at 8, give or take a year or two) they will break your black, fucking heart in pieces.
Eight? I thought dogs were good for 14 or 15 years. What's wrong with Great Danes?
Ruffly speaking the bigger the dog the shorter the life span. So I'm told by the vet. My miniature fox terrier is 12-14. A rescue dog so not sure exactly her age but we think she has a few years left in her as she's still a zippy little thing, if there is a potential rodent kill in it.

AnonymousCowherd

real horrorshow wrote:
They are too big for their hearts (apparently), and they just give out early. Some can make it to 11 or even 12, but some only make 5 or 6. Smaller dogs generally live longer than larger ones, I'm told.

Danes are worth it though.

AnonymousCowherd

DownThunder wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I have no clue what you people are talking about. Sometimes I wish I had learned to read music and chord structures.

Nah, see, music theory is something old white men do. The worst thing you can do is going around knowsplaining to everyone, basking in your privilege. I prefer to reject patriarchal music and get all my knowledge from feminism 101. I make music by walking around with a contact microphone in my vagina.

Viola da Gamba! I always wanted one of those. Had to settle for a cello instead, but the old joke still works "You're not putting that thing between my legs!".

decius

Post by decius »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Viola da Gamba! I always wanted one of those. Had to settle for a cello instead, but the old joke still works "You're not putting that thing between my legs!".
Two words, mate. Sainte Colombe.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Mykeru wrote:
That’s just how it is. We were irresponsible enough to decide to be women, so there it is. We can write, or we can avoid constant harassment; we can’t do both. As Stewart said yesterday (and Stephanie quoted him): The real message is “being a woman does not entitle you to protection from the extra hostility you get for being a woman.”
Ophelia, how many times do you have to be told: You are not ALL WOMEN. Thinking you're an irrational and sanctimonious cunt is in no way a comment on women in general.
[youtube]HOAMl2f8uRs[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Steersman wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Steersman wrote:
snip

You mean, maybe sort of like … mob behaviour? ….
Actually, I agree with you. I don't go in for the personal focus of some of our colleagues on the personas of others.
Agreed – that “personal focus” tends to be somewhat problematic – notably due to escalation – even if I’m not always able to restrain myself ….
But I will assert my dog given right to take the piss, as and when necessary.
Paraphrasing Voltaire, "I may not (readily) agree with you taking the piss out of something (particulary if I'm the target), but I will defend to the death your right to do so." More or less in any case ….
How nice at you'll defend people's rights when convenient. Don't pull anything patting yourself on the back there. Stretch and warm up first.

AnonymousCowherd

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Steersman wrote: Paraphrasing Voltaire, "I may not (readily) agree with you taking the piss out of something (particulary if I'm the target), but I will defend to the death your right to do so." More or less in any case ….
I think I've said so before, the original quote is not Voltaire's, but Evelyn Beatrice Hall's. Common mistake.
Hall was just Volatire's sock. Mind you, Voltaire did say something like "if you're a writer, you're at war", which would please the A+theists, but then he also said "I always made one very short prayer to God. Here it is: O God, make our enemies completely ridiculous! God granted it."

God is another Feynman sock, and even s/h/it hates A+. Titter.

decius

Post by decius »

Mykeru and Reap, tonnes of lulz out of the podcast, thank you.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
DownThunder wrote:

You are fretting too much.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

43 guests. We are popular.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

LeftSidePositive in usual form:

http://i.imgur.com/YflYg.jpg

"a forum that is frothing with rape and death threats"

"Posting someone's HOME ADDRESS [...] a misogynist action"

More lies about AVFM being a hate site...

tweeting = misogynist action

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/nFsv0.jpg

unapproved opinion = misogyny

...and here is that podcast by the way: spot the lies!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/DuZKh.jpg

"their entire agenda is a silencing tactic"

Huh?

That's interesting...especially when bloggers like Ophelia, PZ, Stephanie, etc contribute to a 'call-out culture' and many people are afraid to express dissenting opinions for fear that they will be targets of the next character attack campaign.

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2 ... rformance/

decius

Post by decius »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/DuZKh.jpg

"their entire agenda is a silencing tactic"
New heights of stellar hypocrisy.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Says the guy who had a hissy fit over his youtube comments not going the way he wanted them to so deleted them, disabled them and disabled ratings too.
Says the guy who has an online "dungeon" parading the names of all the people he bravely silenced.
Says the guy who has an "unmoderated" thread called the "Thunderdome*" ......Which is incidentally quite heavily moderated.

*One of the most unintentionally lulzy names I've ever come across. Comparable to declaring a sparrow's fart as a hurricane.

decius

Post by decius »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

Says the guy who had a hissy fit over his youtube comments not going the way he wanted them to so deleted them, disabled them and disabled ratings too.
Says the guy who has an online "dungeon" parading the names of all the people he bravely silenced.
Says the guy who has an "unmoderated" thread called the "Thunderdome*" ......Which is incidentally quite heavily moderated.

*One of the most unintentionally lulzy names I've ever come across. Comparable to declaring a sparrow's fart as a hurricane.

Thunderfoot should feature somewhere in that list.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Aye. I forgot about the Tfoot business. To be honest there is so much blocking and silencing going on over the most trivial shite it's easy to forget even the major episodes.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Says the guy who has an "unmoderated" thread called the "Thunderdome*" ......Which is incidentally quite heavily moderated.

More like the Thunderbox...

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

I look forward to the time when P.Z. decides to hole up on a motel, grows his fingernails long, saves his urine in mason jars and watches Ice Station Zebra on a continuous loop.

Philip of Tealand

Tony Parsehole wrote:

[Enter Stage Left]

PZ the Pot: By my troth, so verily I say unto thee dear Kettle, thou art black!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

He's also gone and hidden all the old comment threads at his old scienceblogs blog. He has hidden, or maybe flushed down the memory hole with a delete, the 3 historical ElevatorGate threads. Those are the ones where Dawkins commented and everyone freaked.

I have them saved, although I'm not sure if I've got each thread saved at its fullest number of comments though. I would repost them for historical reference, like I did with the older Slimepits, but Pezus would freak out and claim copyright. Well, he'd need a bit of help since it wouldn't be at a place that has a flag button like blogs and youtubes, but eventually he'd claim copyright. Of course, his real beef is his own embarassment over EG. He could have had a lot more paying hits by leaving those comment threads up, but he must be more embarrassed than he is in need of that extra ad income. PZ claimed a while back that he had no idea where his comments went. Uh huh, sure PZ.

Here are the three threads with the now hidden or deleted comments.

1. Where he defends Becky's bullying of a woman, Stef Mcgraw (sp?) in her audience. This is also where Dawkins' first comment (Dear Muslima) appeared.
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011 ... ame-names/

2. The conversation/fight continued here where PZ gives us his PUA advice.
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011 ... ngs-guide/

3. The final thread. Article just bitches at Dawkins. This is also where Dawkins wrote his second and third comments.
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011 ... more-unto/

And here are screencaps of Dawkins comments from the above threads, including the first and kind of famous one.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... ntEG-1.png

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... ntEG-2.png

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... ntEG-3.png

Post by Guest »

Re: PZ's latest post on abortion:
PZ wrote:Yes, it’s another man pontificating on the rights and privileges of the fetus as if the pregnant woman were not there. It’s astonishing how completely women vanish when they get pregnant — it’s as if some people can only see women as an incubator for the Holy and Sacred Child.
I regularly see this perspective proffered in the abortion debate. I've always considered myself pro-choice because I support the right of women to have abortions before a foetus is viable (or as some laws state, around the 24th week I believe). I thought that was a fairly common pro-choice position, but the more I read, the more confused I get. Is this argument supposed to apply to the entire pregnancy? I haven't read many other posts from FtB discussing this aspect, and I don't see a sentence anywhere defining if that is or is not the case.

Even as an atheist I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of post-viability abortions, though I can understand their necessity in cases where the health of the mother is at risk, or a pregnancy is the result of rape/incest etc. I also understand exceptions past viability for foetuses which show crippling genetic defects, though I can't justify a) why that should only apply to 'defected' foetuses and b) what the criteria are to adjudge something as having 'crippling' defects. Thus, I even struggle to find a defined position from which to argue my own case, but they just feel instinctively wrong to me, even without the whole 'sanctity of life' religious argument.

I'm genuinely interested, does anyone know what the A+ or FtB position is on post-viability abortion? I would ask in the comments section over there, though I imagine I'd just be shouted down as a misogynist for wanting to take away the rights of women to decide. Personally, I'm unashamed of my position on the issue and at that stage I do see the 'rights' of the viable foetus as entering the equation and in some (even many) cases, overriding the rights of the woman.

That's just another unfortunate result of their ever being tenets of an atheist group. I am quite convinced that God is non-existent, but I don't feel that the "socially just" position which results from that has to be one way or the other.