Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Scented Nectar

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:Just managed to get banned over at A+ for suggesting to a mod that him determining I should feel my rape was worse than if I had been murdered was offensive.

Hypocrites left right and centre.
If it were true that being murdered is preferable to living after having been raped, wouldn't all or most raped women be dead now from suicide, since it sounds like they think that death is better than any kind of living with a memory of having been raped?
Why single out raped women?
I was thinking/arguing in terms of what they would think if the murder premise is true, and with them it's always the female victims who they argue about, so that's who I used as an example. Bringing up men getting raped would sidetrack from the murder comparison over to excuses why women being raped is always worse than for men. Even when you get them to acknowledge that it happens to men too, they come back with a magical it harms women more than men. Some even say shit like men should get raped for their own medicine, yet they wish this not on rapists, but any/all men as being responsible for other men's rapes.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:Just managed to get banned over at A+ for suggesting to a mod that him determining I should feel my rape was worse than if I had been murdered was offensive.

If it were true that being murdered is preferable to living after having been raped, wouldn't all or most raped women be dead now from suicide, since it sounds like they think that death is better than any kind of living with a memory of having been raped?
Why single out raped women?
I was thinking/arguing in terms of what they would think if the murder premise is true, and with them it's always the female victims who they argue about, so that's who I used as an example. Bringing up men getting raped would sidetrack from the murder comparison over to excuses why women being raped is always worse than for men. Even when you get them to acknowledge that it happens to men too, they come back with a magical it harms women more than men. Some even say shit like men should get raped for their own medicine, yet they wish this not on rapists, but any/all men as being responsible for other men's rapes.
Mind you, I was talking here, even though I was arguing towards the banning they did over there.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

SPACKlick wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:If it were true that being murdered is preferable to living after having been raped, wouldn't all or most raped women be dead now from suicide, since it sounds like they think that death is better than any kind of living with a memory of having been raped?
Great Minds: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=166
Didn't realize that thread was there. I almost never check any thread but this one. Every couple weeks I go quickly check the others out. :)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:In the UK, 'twat' can also be synonymous with beating someone up - which leads to some linguistic noveties such as: 'I'm gonna twat that cunt,' or 'hold my coat Dave*, cos I'm gonna give this prick a right twatting.'

*Why is there always a 'Dave' involved with these sorts of things?

Totally forgot about using twat like that! And the "Dave" trope.....There IS ALWAYS a dave.

As soon as you said that i remembered this comic strip:
http://bigmentaldisease.com/wp-content/ ... ight-2.jpg

To the right-middle off the strip there is a Dave (it's written on his helmet) and he is threatening to twat somebody.

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

SE England:
I've heard cunt used on the football pitch to encourage a team mate to shimmy/shoulder past an opposing player: "Cunt him off!"
"Dave! You let him cunt you off!"

Tony Parsehole

Definitions of certain words

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Definitions summary. NE England.
Cunt: Unpleasant or mean spirited person, close friend, vagina
Twat: Unpleasant person, to hit somebody, vagina, pregnant fish
Dick: Genuinely unpleasant person, penis, to have a laugh (dicking about)
Arse: An idiot, a braggart, a fool, a total incompetent, buttocks
Tit: Like an arse but more in your face about it, a small finch-like bird, a female breast

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Tigzy wrote:In the UK, 'twat' can also be synonymous with beating someone up - which leads to some linguistic noveties such as: 'I'm gonna twat that cunt,' or 'hold my coat Dave*, cos I'm gonna give this prick a right twatting.'

Totally forgot about using twat like that! And the "Dave" trope.....There IS ALWAYS a dave.

To the right-middle off the strip there is a Dave (it's written on his helmet) and he is threatening to twat somebody.
:lol: I remember a strip in Viz called 'Big Dave', involving a 'Big Dave' whose vocab was limited to, 'The Fuckin QUEEAAHH!' who went around with a ferrety looking little bloke who would point out potential fuckin queeaahs for Big Dave to twat.

"Here Dave, see that bloke over there - he had to go for piss after just two pints."

"The fuckin QUEEAAH!"

Dick Strawkins

Re: Definitions of certain words

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Definitions summary. NE England.
Tit: Like an arse but more in your face about it, a small finch-like bird, a female breast
OK, who volunteers to post this list on Butterflies and Wheels?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

:lol: I remember a strip in Viz called 'Big Dave', involving a 'Big Dave' whose vocab was limited to, 'The Fuckin QUEEAAHH!' who went around with a ferrety looking little bloke who would point out potential fuckin queeaahs for Big Dave to twat.

"Here Dave, see that bloke over there - he had to go for piss after just two pints."

"The fuckin QUEEAAH!"
And he always saw people drinking "halfs" and killing them? I remember that. Tore a blokes head off for washing his hands after a piss :lol:
EEeeeee....It's not as funny as it used to be though.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
OK, who volunteers to post this list on Butterflies and Wheels?
It would never see the light of day. Isn't it part of the "argumentum ad bingo fallacy" that just because a country (in this case England) coins a word (in this case Cunt) and it's myriad definitions (see above) it's inhabitants don't have the right to use that word because it says so on a bingo card?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

There's 'git' as well - I'd guess it was somewhere between twat and cunt on the invective scale - but I think it might be used a bit more down south.

Git

Post by Git »

[youtube]JF1chLj1fro[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Though on reflection, a 'git' isn't any body part I'm aware of.

There's 'bellend', 'knob' and 'knobber', but I think they're kind of obscure outside the UK.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

That's a lot of Daves.
Whats up with people not calling their kids Dave anymore? it's a proper, salt-of-the-Earth name. I wanted to call my last kid Dave but my girlfriend wouldn't have any of it. We settled on calling her Scarlett.

Git

Post by Git »

Tony Parsehole wrote:That's a lot of Daves.
Whats up with people not calling their kids Dave anymore? it's a proper, salt-of-the-Earth name. I wanted to call my last kid Dave but my girlfriend wouldn't have any of it. We settled on calling her Scarlett.
At the risk of being cyberstalked, its also the name I answer to in meatspace.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:Though on reflection, a 'git' isn't any body part I'm aware of.

There's 'bellend', 'knob' and 'knobber', but I think they're kind of obscure outside the UK.
Bellend is possibly my favourite insult. It is just so British.
I need to use it more often.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Git wrote: At the risk of being cyberstalked, its also the name I answer to in meatspace.
FTB! I IMPLORE THEE TO DESCEND UPON GIT!!!! Fly my pretties, FLY!!

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Tony Parsehole wrote:That's a lot of Daves.
You're my wife now Dave.
-Papa Lazarou

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

real horrorshow wrote:You're my wife now Dave.
-Papa Lazarou
Must.... Resist. ...Typing....Lazarou...Quotes...

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Git wrote:JF1chLj1fro
Bruce is my favourite KITH. :)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Shit! 'Bollocks!' How could any British person forget the 'bollocks'??

Bollocks - testicles. Synonymous with bravery ("You've got bollocks", "Show some fuckin bollocks") but also for when someone is talking a load of old toot ("PZ/The Prune/Black Zvan etc. etc. is talking bollocks again."), and used as an exclamation for when you wish to refrain from doing something you dislike ("Fly economy class?? Bollocks to that!" - as said in an alternative universe where Rebecca Watson is British). Can also be deployed as a dismissive insult ("Bollocks to yer!") or as a general exclamation to aid catharsis ("Aw BOLLOCKS!")

real horrorshow

Surfing around, I saw this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8311/8053 ... f2e026.jpg

So I had a look there.

It's a looong list but, picking a name at random, I was lead to this thread. A treat for those who like their madness pure and triple-distilled. Enjoy!

Butters

Post by Butters »

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2012 ... r-america/

I resign my leadership position with Secular Coalition for America

Well, the A+ers have a winning strategy. I expect them to continue along this course for ANY detractors they have in the future.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

real horrorshow wrote:Surfing around, I saw this:

So I had a look there.

It's a looong list but, picking a name at random, I was lead to this thread. A treat for those who like their madness pure and triple-distilled. Enjoy!
I dont get it. A classmate got a new bow, was super excited about it, and wanted to show it to another advanced member of the class (theoretically someone who would appreciate his cool new toy). This classmate also understands that others do not like to carry their heavy equipment far ("He knows this."), so avoids parking in the most convenient spots and leaves them for others (I personally choose parking spots further away as I have no physical disabilities or time constraints when Im shopping, so it doesnt bother me. I leave close open spots open, usually), but took a nice spot on the one day he wanted to show off his new toy.

Chick not only doesnt pay attention to his cool new toy (rude), she assumes he is going to kill/rape her, even though the teacher saw them leave together and he would be the *only* suspect if a crime occurs (idiotic). Considering her admitted disinterest in interacting with this classmate and her preoccupation with her imminent death, it is more than possible that the classmate absolutely told her that he got a new toy and was excited about it, but she was not listening.

There is literally something wrong with these people. Its like, they dont 'dont have social skills'. Its like they have only anti-social skills (talking shit about people they dont know while traveling, no respect for others/stealing, uninterested/disgusted/afraid of normal human interactions, blaming all their negative behavior on other people). Something is wrong with them.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

So I had a look there.

I think "Curious" deserves a longer note next to his name. But they would want to forget about all of that as soon as humanly possible, wouldn't they?... :roll:

Read some of the others on the list and....mansplaining? Really? What is mansplaining, anyways? Or, at least, what is the A+Theism definition for the term? Does anyone know? Stopped from ranting further since I've only assumed the definition...

Also, this one made me LOL:
oetry: Numerous abusive posts, culminating in "suck my cock you stupid cunt whore".

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Butters wrote:http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2012 ... r-america/

Well, the A+ers have a winning strategy. I expect them to continue along this course for ANY detractors they have in the future.
Ugh.

That's all I have...

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

To be perfectly honest, I wanted to do the exact same thing when Greta pulled her diva-tantrum regarding FreeOK. I knew that by supporting me, OK Atheists could be a potential target of these terrorists, and OK Atheists have never been anything but supportive of me. I wasnt going to repay them with that kind of crap. So I wrote them a nice letter withdrawing, and arranged for several options for substitute speakers.

Their response was something along the lines of 'Thats not necessary, cant wait to hear your talk".

SCA could have told Justin that they dont negotiate with terrorists, and his appointment was just fine.

But they caved.

Not impressed.

butters

Post by butters »

ERV wrote:

To be perfectly honest, I wanted to do the exact same thing when Greta pulled her diva-tantrum regarding FreeOK. I knew that by supporting me, OK Atheists could be a potential target of these terrorists, and OK Atheists have never been anything but supportive of me. I wasnt going to repay them with that kind of crap. So I wrote them a nice letter withdrawing, and arranged for several options for substitute speakers.

Their response was something along the lines of 'Thats not necessary, cant wait to hear your talk".

SCA could have told Justin that they dont negotiate with terrorists, and his appointment was just fine.

But they caved.

Not impressed.
I would have assumed they got WAY more flack for hiring Edwina Rogers, from all over the skeptic sphere. And yet she is still there.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Well Im sure they just accepted it, and the thought didnt even occur to them to say "Thats not necessary. We look forward to seeing what you will do with the position."

Again, not impressed.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Also-- oolon is the Sal Cordova of A†

real horrorshow

ERV wrote:SCA could have told Justin that they dont negotiate with terrorists, and his appointment was just fine.

But they caved.

Not impressed.
butters wrote:I would have assumed they got WAY more flack for hiring Edwina Rogers, from all over the skeptic sphere. And yet she is still there.
If it's an SCA decision I'm a bit pissed off. If it's Justin's own decision I'm fully pissed off. This is cowardly and stupid and will merely give aid and comfort to the enemy. (I've noted oolon's smirky little salting of the wound too.)

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

What the actual fuck is wrong with these people?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Yeah, but that's 'winning' in the Charlie Sheen sense. Because the only thing anyone will remember from this is that the only success Zvan et al had is in censoring yet another person. Of course, it does remain debatable if it was a true act of censorship in the purest sense. But in a twitter feed of limited characters...well, conciseness needs to prevail, doesn't it.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Why is it my plagiarism joke seems to have gone over a lot of peoples' head. I have to stop trying to be funny, I guess...
It's just that we've heard it before.

Badum tshhhh

mordacious1

Justin

Post by mordacious1 »

If I was Justin, I would have said, "I'm willing to continue in this position as long as you promise to have my back. I've disclosed all relevant info on the topic, so do you have my back or not?"

If they hemmed and hawed or wouldn't commit, I'd say, "Thank you for considering me, but this is not the type of organization I care to work for. Here's my resignation."

If it's a volunteer position and they let random assholes walk all over you, then they can find another volunteer. It's not worth it.

mordacious1

Justin

Post by mordacious1 »

OH, and organizations lose allies when they cave to extremists.

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Dick Strawkins wrote: Strange.
When I typed "that faggot josh" into the search box it only came up with a single hit.

Do you ever wonder whether your pathetic trolling might ever turn around and bite you in the ass?
Oops, unreserved apologies, I'm not so bad a troll that I'd make something up completely! It isn't actually that relevant to my point - you just need to move the sentence "Why do I never see anything like this..." up a quote. I'm sure no one here would make more out of a simple mistake from a detractor than is needed! :whistle:

So if cunt, bitch and twat were less acceptable world-wide a lot here would seemingly stop saying them (I'm addressing them from here on not *all* the pitters). You do realise nigger and faggot were quite happily bandied about not so long ago? As a thought experiment can you imagine a world where Rebecca et al have won their fight against misogyny so misogynistic terms** are no longer acceptable worldwide? By your own admission you would then modify your behaviour to match that norm.
**(Or those decided to be so by the women that find them offensive)

You really don't seem to have a lot of rational justification for your use of some words vs others beyond a sort of argumentum ad un-populam. The more people that find it offensive the less likely you are to use it. Sceptically thinking to keep your word-purity going you will need to conduct regular surveys on the acceptability of *some* terms over others. Does it need to be worked out on a world average or is the local custom to the poster important? Maybe a slime-Ministry of acceptable words could be instituted to look into the matter.

Is it not easier to accept that some people (Not insignificant number - but usually women) will find the word cunt to be demeaning and degrading in the same way that some people (Not insignificant number - but usually POC and gays so a minority in many places world wide) will find faggot and nigger to be degrading and demeaning? If you don't want to degrade and demean group B by use of mere words then why degrade and demean group A?

Git

Post by Git »

oolon** wrote: Is it not easier to accept that some people (Not insignificant number - but usually women) will find the word cunt to be demeaning and degrading in the same way that some people (Not insignificant number - but usually POC and gays so a minority in many places world wide) will find faggot and nigger to be degrading and demeaning? If you don't want to degrade and demean group B by use of mere words then why degrade and demean group A?
Oh FFS. Fucking merkins.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Git wrote:
oolon** wrote: Is it not easier to accept that some people (Not insignificant number - but usually women) will find the word cunt to be demeaning and degrading in the same way that some people (Not insignificant number - but usually POC and gays so a minority in many places world wide) will find faggot and nigger to be degrading and demeaning? If you don't want to degrade and demean group B by use of mere words then why degrade and demean group A?
Oh FFS. Fucking merkins.
'Mehrkans invented English, don't you know? You have to look to us for definitions and usage. None of this culturally subjective bullshit your moms taught you. MOM LIED.

disumbrationist

Post by disumbrationist »

"I resign my leadership position with Secular Coalition for America"
If what Justin did was morally wrong, he should apologize and perhaps resign.
If what he did wasn't wrong, he should neither apologize nor resign.
He has chosen to not apologize, but still resign.

OK...

Butters

Post by Butters »

The "anti-Justin" people are trying to dominate the comments on his resignation page

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2012 ... r-america/

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

So I had a look there.

First of all, poodiecore seems to be a legend. Second, why is the OP repeating "Guys, don't do that" in a most unfunny way even when it makes no sense in teh context?
"Guys, don't do that." Don't do what? Make you walk a different way to an archery course? Ok ALL guys I hope you are all taking note. Never ask a female to take a different route to an archery course..... What the fuck is going on with the World?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

disumbrationist wrote:

"I resign my leadership position with Secular Coalition for America"
If what Justin did was morally wrong, he should apologize and perhaps resign.
If what he did wasn't wrong, he should neither apologize nor resign.
He has chosen to not apologize, but still resign.

OK...
He says near the end of the article that his resignation is to stop the attacks on the SCA.

By forcing him to resign as the only way to protect others from the attacks he was getting, the baboons have actually caused him real life damage, all due to their libellous accusations of both docdropping, and misogyny. If the position had been a paid one, he'd have good grounds for a lawsuit demanding monetary compensation. I am not a lawyer, but I think that's how it goes.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Yup. expect a lot more petitions ALL the fucking time. I bet you they will abuse the system to the point where their petitions don't mean shite.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

oolon** wrote:Is it not easier to accept that some people (Not insignificant number - but usually women) will find the word cunt to be demeaning and degrading in the same way that some people (Not insignificant number - but usually POC and gays so a minority in many places world wide) will find faggot and nigger to be degrading and demeaning? If you don't want to degrade and demean group B by use of mere words then why degrade and demean group A?
LMAO! Do not stop oolon. You aare a gift that keeps on giving.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

@Oolon. So faggot and nigger used to be cool to bandy about but aren't now? What the flying fuck does that have to do with whether cunt and bitch are acceptable or unacceptable in the present? What gives anybody the right to decide as an individual which words we can't use just because they personally find them offensive (when it suits them). Lets wait and see if the day arrives when cunt and bitch are actually deemed unutterable rather than deciding in advance eh?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

OK, I guess we all know what's coming next, just not the target.

Justin was, in reality, small fry, but vitally important to them as a test case.

Now that they've discovered that blacklisting is a winning strategy we can expect a new target each week.

So?

Who is next.

Edwins Rogers?

DJ Grothe?

Any other likely candidates?

Come to think of it, it's only going to be Americans, isn't it.
The A+ hate club is almost entirely concentrated within the US.
They might have a few outliars in the rest of the world but those carry no weight outside the padded confines of the pharyngula echo chamber.

disumbrationist

Post by disumbrationist »

Scented Nectar wrote: He says near the end of the article that his resignation is to stop the attacks on the SCA.
The SCA is going to get attacks - because it's a group that touches on controversial subjects - and they chose him. This issue has ended the worst way possible: it's over, but nothing has been resolved. There was no principle involved except 'avoidance of controversy.' I only hope they have more fortitude than that when opposing the religious right.
I understand the nature of politics, but it's still kind of sad.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

disumbrationist wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: He says near the end of the article that his resignation is to stop the attacks on the SCA.
The SCA is going to get attacks - because it's a group that touches on controversial subjects - and they chose him. This issue has ended the worst way possible: it's over, but nothing has been resolved. There was no principle involved except 'avoidance of controversy.' I only hope they have more fortitude than that when opposing the religious right.
We should start a petition to get St Effy INTO a leaders position. She would never turn down any offer and then more people would get to see what she, and the rest of those knobs, are actually like.

Butters

Post by Butters »

Dick Strawkins wrote:OK, I guess we all know what's coming next, just not the target.

Justin was, in reality, small fry, but vitally important to them as a test case.

Now that they've discovered that blacklisting is a winning strategy we can expect a new target each week.

So?

Who is next.

Edwins Rogers?

DJ Grothe?

They might have a few outliars in the rest of the world but those carry no weight outside the padded confines of the pharyngula echo chamber.

They would get more bang for their buck with D.J....and they know more about him on a personal basis as he lives in the same building as Amy and they used to be fast friends. And RW used to be chummy with him as well.

If they have any personal stuff on him, they will use it. They have no need for him anymore as I doubt they will be a part of TAM in the future. (at least not the near future)
But TAM is a pretty important convention, so getting rid of D.J. will free up JREF to hire a new person... doesn't even matter who. But a new person would allow the Skepchicks to be a part of TAM again and save face.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Dick Strawkins wrote:OK, I guess we all know what's coming next, just not the target.

So?

Who is next.

Edwins Rogers?

DJ Grothe?

Actually, what Justin did DID cut off Laden/Svan/Watson et ass before they creamed in their panties.

They were having a marvelous time jerking off, and Justin cut off their porn. He removed himself and SCA from being a target.

Now theyve got to find a new target.

Over and over and over and over and over and over.

Outside of the obvious sexual gratification, lets be honest. Their lives are worth nothing. And doing things like this make them feel interesting.

Also, Twatson doesnt have anything personal on DJ. She would have played that card already. I dont think they were 'close' (read: Twatson wasnt able to manipulate him towards her means as well as she manipulates others), and I think thats why she hates him so much.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: The advanced search returns 28 instances of "faggot", and none is used against anyone, except your "exemple*", Oolon.

*read: "pulled out of your ass"
How many instances of the term "slimy turd"?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

disumbrationist wrote:
But it wasn't the SCA who asked him to go. He chose to in order to protect them, even if they are strong enough that they don't need any protecting. Also, this time the opposition was the tiny religious nutters we have in our OWN community (the baboons/skepchicks).

The word skepchick brought back a memory of an old weird song from either the 60s or early 70s. Does anyone else remember Chick A Boom?

[youtube]25-8el1FLzo[/youtube]

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Dick Strawkins wrote:[

In fact I would guess that very few UK people would automatically link the word "twat" with a vagina. If a woman asked a British guy to lick her twat, his first thought would probably be: "She has an idiot she wants me to lick?"
WRONG. We all know what it means, we just don't care.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

So I had a look there.

Did you get up to this absolute comedy gem from Flewellyn?:
Now, I was hesitant, because he's kind of a douche, and also he had a crush on one of my friends and was rather creepy about it. But, he hadn't crossed a line with me yet, and the others shrugged, so I let him join.

We played for a bit, and then we came to a point where Chuck was fighting a monster. His effective level was quite high compared to the monster, so he was going to win handily. He asked if anyone wants to interfere, and then when we said no, he said, "Okay, fine, I rape its face."

*RECORD SCRATCH*

The women all looked VERY uncomfortable, as you might imagine. I looked at him and said "Yeah, don't ever say that."

Chuck was all wide-eyed innocence. "What? What'd I say?"

"Don't use the word 'rape' like that."

Chuck looked like he wanted to argue, but then he just shrugged and said, "Whatever, pussy." I glowered at him, and then gave the others around the table a glance. All of the women looked at me, and nodded. Not a word said, but we all knew what to do.

At which point, over the next round, we all proceeded to dump ALL of our "mean" cards, be they curses, or extra monsters, or monster buffs, onto Chuck. He quickly ran out of counters, lost his equipment, and then died to a nasty monster.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I LOVE the last line....."He died to a nasty monster". Thanks for that link. Cheered me up a bit.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

So I had a look there.

Did you get up to this absolute comedy gem from Flewellyn?:
Now, I was hesitant, because he's kind of a douche, and also he had a crush on one of my friends and was rather creepy about it. But, he hadn't crossed a line with me yet, and the others shrugged, so I let him join.

We played for a bit, and then we came to a point where Chuck was fighting a monster. His effective level was quite high compared to the monster, so he was going to win handily. He asked if anyone wants to interfere, and then when we said no, he said, "Okay, fine, I rape its face."

*RECORD SCRATCH*

The women all looked VERY uncomfortable, as you might imagine. I looked at him and said "Yeah, don't ever say that."

Chuck was all wide-eyed innocence. "What? What'd I say?"

"Don't use the word 'rape' like that."

Chuck looked like he wanted to argue, but then he just shrugged and said, "Whatever, pussy." I glowered at him, and then gave the others around the table a glance. All of the women looked at me, and nodded. Not a word said, but we all knew what to do.

At which point, over the next round, we all proceeded to dump ALL of our "mean" cards, be they curses, or extra monsters, or monster buffs, onto Chuck. He quickly ran out of counters, lost his equipment, and then died to a nasty monster.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I LOVE the last line....."He died to a nasty monster". Thanks for that link. Cheered me up a bit.
Please Americans on this site tell me that you don't play these children's games. There seem to be American grownups bragging on all the sceptic/atheist sites about still playing this shite. Fuck me, if i'd had anything to do with this when I was eight, never mind now as an adult, I'd have been tarred and feathered by the local kids.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Is dillahunty ever going to release that video, or is he going to keep reediting it the point that it says fuck all that can be construed as negative with regars ti the atheismplus wingnuts

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole wrote: We should start a petition to get St Effy INTO a leaders position. She would never turn down any offer and then more people would get to see what she, and the rest of those knobs, are actually like.
We should start a campaign to get Steffy or Greg into Justins old job!
"Do we really want Justin Vacula as a leader when failed to take a strong stance against know violent harrasser Greg Laden's threats against Justin Griffiths?

Vote not to those who fail to oppose violent harrasers.

Vote Greg Laden for Chair of Pennsylvania SCA"

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ERV wrote:

""
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8311/8053 ... f2e026.jpg[/img][/url]

So I had a look there.

I dont get it. A classmate got a new bow, was super excited about it, and wanted to show it to another advanced member of the class (theoretically someone who would appreciate his cool new toy). This classmate also understands that others do not like to carry their heavy equipment far ("He knows this."), so avoids parking in the most convenient spots and leaves them for others (I personally choose parking spots further away as I have no physical disabilities or time constraints when Im shopping, so it doesnt bother me. I leave close open spots open, usually), but took a nice spot on the one day he wanted to show off his new toy.

Chick not only doesnt pay attention to his cool new toy (rude), she assumes he is going to kill/rape her, even though the teacher saw them leave together and he would be the *only* suspect if a crime occurs (idiotic). Considering her admitted disinterest in interacting with this classmate and her preoccupation with her imminent death, it is more than possible that the classmate absolutely told her that he got a new toy and was excited about it, but she was not listening.

There is literally something wrong with these people. Its like, they dont 'dont have social skills'. Its like they have only anti-social skills (talking shit about people they dont know while traveling, no respect for others/stealing, uninterested/disgusted/afraid of normal human interactions, blaming all their negative behavior on other people). Something is wrong with them.
That’s femtheism dogma that’s talking; they have a philosophy of a particular “belief-dependent realism” [Shermer] that molds their experiences into a narrative that tends to bear little resemblance to actual reality ….

Knocked my socks off to see this from Grimalkin in the same thread:
And I'm going to just decide from now on that every answer Watson gives to anything is just automatically fantastic.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Grimalkin wrote:And I'm going to just decide from now on that every answer Watson gives to anything is just automatically fantastic.
If by 'fantastic' he means groundless and not based in reality (i.e. laced in fantasy), then he'll get no objection on my end ;)