Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
John D

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by John D »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHBwaa1_n0o

Matt Dillacunty is now demanding that the A+ moderators apologize to him! He swears and everything. Next volley is tossed by A+ and they will call Matt a misogynist!

halophilic

Post by halophilic »

Christianity: 130
MRA: 345

QED

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Oolon truly IS the gift that keeps on giving. He makes the case that cunt and twat are misogynistic terms because some women, somewhere believe it is, and we as a forum are misogynistic for using those words/allowing their use, despite being informed about the mystical secret that some words can have multiple meanings.
He then expects us all to give him the benefit of the doubt over his "mistake" of saying we are fine with the word "faggot" in reference to JoshTheSpokesArse.

Not happening. Stop being a sneaky shit stirrer for two minutes and you might gain a level of trust but until then you are a dishonest bellend.
I was totally lying about the faggot thing then, just not on purpose - I admitted as much in my apology! So forgetting about that...

I did not say cunt *is* a misogynistic term, I said some people (Mainly women) will take it as such and find it degrading and demeaning. I did not say you *are* misogynistic by using it, I said some will take it as read that you are when you use those words. Interestingly someone else here made the point that 'nigger' will fade into irrelevance eventually and not be insulting... Yes that is my point! The words are not magic, the intent is not magic... So what is? Why do *some* slimepitters *not* say 'faggot Josh' or 'nigger Crommunist' but will say 'cunt Rebecca'?

If I had to theorise I'd say it is because you are acknowledging that a lot of gay people and a lot of black people will not know your intent when using the words 'faggot' and 'nigger' to describe a black man or a gay man. You don't want to be seen to be homophobic or racist so you avoid the terms - for their benefit and others who may also make that leap. The *fact* that a lot of women will see you as sexist/misogynistic if you use similar slurs when applied to women is not a concern of yours. Or is it just because the women in question are 'Rebecunt Twatson' etc and you hate them?

Is being labelled a sexist/misogynist less of a problem than being labelled a racist or homophobe?

So far other than assume I'm disingenuous and trying to prove you all racist-misogynist-kitten-eaters I've not seen a lot in way of explanation. Ask yourself what would I gain by proving you lot are homophobes? Racists? Misogynists? FtB-Skepchick hyperbole says this already! I'm probably assumed to be a gullible idiot for thinking you may have other reasons for using these words than inveterate bigotry... NO trolling required.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brain Box wrote:That is a pretty puritanical view to take :pray: What exactly do you propose for transgender students?
My apologies if my attempt at humor was misunderstood. I personally have no problem with them using whatever washroom they choose.

A third wasroom open to anyone would solve that methinks.

However, remembering my younger self, I really probably would have claimed to be a lesbian trapped in the body of a man, and insist of showering with the females (and not by myself either, on account of I would be scared to shower alone).
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: A third bathroom?

/joke
Some places in the GTA (greater Toronto Area) had a third washroom where fathers (among others) could take their little girl's to the washroom/ change their nappies in relative comfort.

Mind you I do have limits. My boys ambushed me once with a spontaneous invite to a little girl they played with just as we were about to set out for the Water Park.

So, although her parents were fine with her going off by herself, I insisted that she bring her elder sister with her for bathroom visits etc. I was certainly not going to take her either of the male/female changing rooms, and I was certainly not prepared to let her out of my sight either.

A third room which I could guard from the outside would have solved one of the issues, but I was not prepared to take a nine year girl not related to me, on an outing without any other females present.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

bhoytony wrote:Don't know if everyone has seen this from Justi, but it's a beauty...
Rebecca Watson: 207

Marie Curie: no posts found because the word curie is not contained in any post

Jocelyn Bell: no words found because jocelyn is not contained in any post

Feminism: ignored because they are too common words: feminism

:think:

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Slimy turd is slimy

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

oolon** wrote: If I had to theorise I'd say it is because you are acknowledging that a lot of gay people and a lot of black people will not know your intent when using the words 'faggot' and 'nigger' to describe a black man or a gay man. You don't want to be seen to be homophobic or racist so you avoid the terms - for their benefit and others who may also make that leap. The *fact* that a lot of women will see you as sexist/misogynistic if you use similar slurs when applied to women is not a concern of yours. Or is it just because the women in question are 'Rebecunt Twatson' etc and you hate them?

Is being labelled a sexist/misogynist less of a problem than being labelled a racist or homophobe?
Now now now oolon, remember what I told you about the issues that result from an invalid premise?

A little more introspection might help you here oolon.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oolon wrote:...wibble wibble whebo who whoo wah blim blim faggot Josh weebo weebo nigger crommunist bleh bleh wherp words are not magic the intent is not magic blah blargh whu-whu-whu goopdong...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

oolon** wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Oolon truly IS the gift that keeps on giving. He makes the case that cunt and twat are misogynistic terms because some women, somewhere believe it is, and we as a forum are misogynistic for using those words/allowing their use, despite being informed about the mystical secret that some words can have multiple meanings.
He then expects us all to give him the benefit of the doubt over his "mistake" of saying we are fine with the word "faggot" in reference to JoshTheSpokesArse.

Not happening. Stop being a sneaky shit stirrer for two minutes and you might gain a level of trust but until then you are a dishonest bellend.
I was totally lying about the faggot thing then, just not on purpose - I admitted as much in my apology! So forgetting about that...

I did not say cunt *is* a misogynistic term, I said some people (Mainly women) will take it as such and find it degrading and demeaning. I did not say you *are* misogynistic by using it, I said some will take it as read that you are when you use those words. Interestingly someone else here made the point that 'nigger' will fade into irrelevance eventually and not be insulting... Yes that is my point! The words are not magic, the intent is not magic... So what is? Why do *some* slimepitters *not* say 'faggot Josh' or 'nigger Crommunist' but will say 'cunt Rebecca'?

If I had to theorise I'd say it is because you are acknowledging that a lot of gay people and a lot of black people will not know your intent when using the words 'faggot' and 'nigger' to describe a black man or a gay man. You don't want to be seen to be homophobic or racist so you avoid the terms - for their benefit and others who may also make that leap. The *fact* that a lot of women will see you as sexist/misogynistic if you use similar slurs when applied to women is not a concern of yours. Or is it just because the women in question are 'Rebecunt Twatson' etc and you hate them?

So far other than assume I'm disingenuous and trying to prove you all racist-misogynist-kitten-eaters I've not seen a lot in way of explanation. Ask yourself what would I gain by proving you lot are homophobes? Racists? Misogynists? FtB-Skepchick hyperbole says this already! I'm probably assumed to be a gullible idiot for thinking you may have other reasons for using these words than inveterate bigotry... NO trolling required.
You've asked this question already and ignored the answers you were given.

As I've said before, I don't use the term "cunt" specifically for the reason you suggest - on the internet there will be readers from places (USA, USA) where "cunt" is widely known a specific slur against women. Why get into an unnecessary argument over words when I can easily use an alternative.

The term "twat", however, is used by Rebecca Watson live on the SGU, so it cannot be placed in the same category as "cunt".
I therefore don't have a problem with using that term when it is appropriate.

For example, "oolon, you lying twat!"

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Rayshul said:
I hear that every time someone says the word cunt a woman's vagina falls out and runs away.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Like Tigzy, I too nearly pissed myself laughing at that. I am still laughing at that.That has gven me the best laugh I have had in weeks. Bravo!

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

AndrewV69 wrote:
oolon** wrote: If I had to theorise I'd say it is because you are acknowledging that a lot of gay people and a lot of black people will not know your intent when using the words 'faggot' and 'nigger' to describe a black man or a gay man. You don't want to be seen to be homophobic or racist so you avoid the terms - for their benefit and others who may also make that leap. The *fact* that a lot of women will see you as sexist/misogynistic if you use similar slurs when applied to women is not a concern of yours. Or is it just because the women in question are 'Rebecunt Twatson' etc and you hate them?

Now now now oolon, remember what I told you about the issues that result from an invalid premise?

Give me a hand, what exactly stops you using the terms 'faggot' and 'nigger' to disparage gay and black people in FtBs? What will happen if you use them? How will you be diminished, if at all? They are only words and you want to express your disgust with them as people...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

John D wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHBwaa1_n0o

Matt Dillacunty is now demanding that the A+ moderators apologize to him! He swears and everything. Next volley is tossed by A+ and they will call Matt a misogynist!
No, next step is a petition to have him removed as president of the Austin Atheists due to his disgraceful harrassment of A+ team and their safe spaces. :lol:

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

oolon** wrote:So far other than assume I'm disingenuous and trying to prove you all racist-misogynist-kitten-eaters I've not seen a lot in way of explanation. Ask yourself what would I gain by proving you lot are homophobes? Racists? Misogynists? FtB-Skepchick hyperbole says this already! I'm probably assumed to be a gullible idiot for thinking you may have other reasons for using these words than inveterate bigotry... NO trolling required.
I gave you a sincere and serious response back on page 157. Here's the link in case you missed it,

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 600#p17222

You're welcome to pick it apart, but don't make it out as if you haven't received any attempts at explanation.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oolon, why do you keep putting the words 'nigger' and 'faggot' in your wibble? Are you attempting a googlebomb, or something?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

oolon** wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Give me a hand, what exactly stops you using the terms 'faggot' and 'nigger' to disparage gay and black people in FtBs? What will happen if you use them? How will you be diminished, if at all? They are only words and you want to express your disgust with them as people...
So you don't have any problem with calling a black person "nigger"?
(We all know you have no problem calling gay people faggots)

oolon, go seek help.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

oolon** wrote:
I don't think "lying" is the correct term. False memory, maybe? Anyway, no grudges from me.

I will argue that the offended might well be the source of the offense, in giving more power to words than they hold. But I and others here have argued this point before, and agreed on this. If you let words have power over you, it's your own fault, not that of those who utter the words. As to "what is magic"? Nothing, if you're a sceptic...
Can't help you much there, we don't use these words on a daily basis where I live, and I don't use them at all (except "cunt" in its French variants. That, I use a lot, and so does everybody else).
s being labelled a sexist/misogynist less of a problem than being labelled a racist or homophobe?

No, it's as annoying when it's false. And used as a political weapon.
The reason for using these words is cultural. Some do, some don't. Some do it with natural ease, some go out of their way to insult. But who cares, really? If I were to say x woman is a bitch, or a cunt, or a twat, it would be directed at x, not all women. For exemple: Sarah Palin is a cunt!

disumbrationist

Post by disumbrationist »

welch wrote: FUUUUUUUCK. Well, I fixed the title at least. The URL will stay misspelt. If nothing else, it's a honeypot. "your arguments are invalid because you misspelled dissension""
Merriam-Webster gives 'dissention' as a recognized variant of 'dissension', so I wouldn't worry too much.

Post by Guest »

Tigzy wrote: I dunno why people complain about Youtube comments so much, when you can find gems of grotesque beauty such as this:
I bet her twat smells like crab. I dunno why she just looks the type to have a crabby biff.
I saw that one, too. A real prize-winner! "Biff" was a new one for me, being an American.

By the way - moderators of Slymepit, the avatars of Badger3k and Tony Parsehole are making me feel unsafe and uncomfortable. Can you issue some sort of warning? :shock:

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Dick Strawkins wrote: The term "twat", however, is used by Rebecca Watson live on the SGU, so it cannot be placed in the same category as "cunt".
I therefore don't have a problem with using that term when it is appropriate.

For example, "oolon, you lying twat!"
Dick, you really don't have to try and make me spit my tea all over my laptop... You reckon 'twat' is ok because Rebecca uses it! Is this the same Rebecca who is wrong about everything? The anti-sceptic? The worst feminist in the world? But you follow her alone for guidance on what words are ok by you... I really hope you were parodying yourself here :pray:

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

And I thought it wasn't true that Americans don't do irony.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Rinse, lather, repeat.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

oolon** wrote: Give me a hand, what exactly stops you using the terms 'faggot' and 'nigger' to disparage gay and black people in FtBs? What will happen if you use them? How will you be diminished, if at all? They are only words and you want to express your disgust with them as people...
Nothing stops me for using the terms oolon. Your question should be why do you want me to?

It seems to be that you are projecting, that your basic premise appears to be that since you think in those terms, you assume that everyone else does, and thus you are unable to accept that not everyone is like you, but insist that they are, and thus you search for something that does not exist.

This is why I suggest you do some introspection. You do not seem to realize you are telling me that you are racist and homophobic.

I could be wrong about you oolon, I hope so. But this is why I find you so amusing. You appear to be clueless as to what your are.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

AndrewV69 wrote:
oolon** wrote: Give me a hand, what exactly stops you using the terms 'faggot' and 'nigger' to disparage gay and black people in FtBs? What will happen if you use them? How will you be diminished, if at all? They are only words and you want to express your disgust with them as people...
Nothing stops me for using the terms oolon. Your question should be why do you want me to?
Beat me to the post - I was wondering the same thing. Oolon seems to believe we have some sort of special obligation here to use those terms.

Vigil

Post by Vigil »

oolon** wrote:Give me a hand, what exactly stops you using the terms 'faggot' and 'nigger' to disparage gay and black people in FtBs? What will happen if you use them? How will you be diminished, if at all? They are only words and you want to express your disgust with them as people...
I'm fairly new here, but I believe I'm gonna state the obvious about this: Because it's terrible to imply that our disgust for someone has anything to do with their sexuality or race. I imagine most people here are progressives, people's sexuality or skincolor is irrelevant to us. I mean, we understand that prejudice still exists in society at large, but we certainly don't condone it.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tigzy wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Beat me to the post - I was wondering the same thing. Oolon seems to believe we have some sort of special obligation here to use those terms.
He seems desperate to screengrab some evidence of slymepit evil, to bring back to his FTB masters.

I predict his next attempt will be along the lines of asking:

"OK, genuine question, what word rhymes with 'rigger', but begins with the letter "n"?" :D

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
He seems desperate to screengrab some evidence of slymepit evil, to bring back to his FTB masters.

I predict his next attempt will be along the lines of asking:

"OK, genuine question, what word rhymes with 'rigger', but begins with the letter "n"?" :D
nagger?

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Saint N. wrote: Let me give you two sentences:

1.) "I choose not to use certain words because I don't feel comfortable saying them."

2.) "You are not allowed to say certain words because I don't feel comfortable hearing them."

Can you spot the difference between these two statements? Because if you can't I don't see us having much of a fruitful conversation. Somebody setting themselves as the arbiter of their own diction (drawing the limits and boundaries to what they personally see as appropriate and inappropriate), is quite difference than somebody stipulating to another person a set list of acceptable and unacceptable words on the basis that if this list is not followed by the person one wishes to impose it on, this person is by definition of an indecent character.
Saint N, First of all - saw you pointing me to this reply - I missed it so not trying to ignore you or Steersman who made some good points as well.

You don't address why 1) is an option at all, why self select or censor? Where does the lack of comfort come from and why is it applied to some words over others? Just because an argument has been made that in a particular area the slur is not a slur? Is the internet not a world-wide medium or do you somehow only care if your 'tribe' are offended or find offence in your words? What percentage does it take for it to be accepted or not? Think confirmation bias might slip in for slimepitters seeking how accepted a particular word is? cf. Dick needing only one data point, Rebecca Watson, to confirm to him that 'twat' is ok. By that not-logic all words are ok as someone somewhere will find them inoffensive!

Rest of your comment brings in context, I am not saying it is irrelevant but I'm hoping we can assume that the person hearing the slurs we are discussing finds them extremely offensive in the context used. I think we can both agree that context is important but I don't think it is relevant when regarding these words as I want implicit assumption that the context is a *bad* one. Hence "..that n*gger Crommunist.." or "..that f*ggot Josh.." (Censoring to not be accused of Google bombing) are used as my 'context'...

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Post by Guest »

New Amy Davis Roth post. In sfiting through lies, she seems to engage in many herself while not moving forward and then hops on sw bandwagon after they author press release on justin - SN is mentioned too

http://skepchick.org/2012/10/sifting-th ... g-forward/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

oolon** wrote:
Saint N. wrote: Let me give you two sentences:

1.) "I choose not to use certain words because I don't feel comfortable saying them."

2.) "You are not allowed to say certain words because I don't feel comfortable hearing them."

Can you spot the difference between these two statements? Because if you can't I don't see us having much of a fruitful conversation. Somebody setting themselves as the arbiter of their own diction (drawing the limits and boundaries to what they personally see as appropriate and inappropriate), is quite difference than somebody stipulating to another person a set list of acceptable and unacceptable words on the basis that if this list is not followed by the person one wishes to impose it on, this person is by definition of an indecent character.
Saint N, First of all - saw you pointing me to this reply - I missed it so not trying to ignore you or Steersman who made some good points as well.

You don't address why 1) is an option at all, why self select or censor? Where does the lack of comfort come from and why is it applied to some words over others? Just because an argument has been made that in a particular area the slur is not a slur? Is the internet not a world-wide medium or do you somehow only care if your 'tribe' are offended or find offence in your words? What percentage does it take for it to be accepted or not? Think confirmation bias might slip in for slimepitters seeking how accepted a particular word is? cf. Dick needing only one data point, Rebecca Watson, to confirm to him that 'twat' is ok. By that not-logic all words are ok as someone somewhere will find them inoffensive!

Rest of your comment brings in context, I am not saying it is irrelevant but I'm hoping we can assume that the person hearing the slurs we are discussing finds them extremely offensive in the context used. I think we can both agree that context is important but I don't think it is relevant when regarding these words as I want implicit assumption that the context is a *bad* one. Hence "..that n*gger Crommunist.." or "..that f*ggot Josh.." (Censoring to not be accused of Google bombing) are used as my 'context'...
Do you, like, read all comments adressed to you, or are you just being selective in your answers?

Oh, never mind.

halophilic

Post by halophilic »

Don't forget pimp out more ceramic necklaces.

dustbubble

Post by dustbubble »

Well it looks like "twat" is back on the "decidedly moody chat" list, now that arch-twat Ashley Cole has decided to self-censor and grovel to his FA overlords, after hearing the result of their Star-Chamber on maximum cunt John Terry.

"Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOFTWATS."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... john-terry
(trigger warning!: for north american college types; a bit of technical soccer language is quoted in this piece, from aforesaid Cuntus Maximus Terry. Look away now).

Discipline him (Cashley, that is) will they? Mebbes aye, mebbes naw. Someone corner Roy Hodgson on the Tube and find out, please?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Badger3k wrote:WTF is with the "hir" reference? Are they too scared to use real terms anymore?
I just thought he was retarded or something.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guest wrote:New Amy Davis Roth post. In sfiting through lies, she seems to engage in many herself while not moving forward and then hops on sw bandwagon after they author press release on justin - SN is mentioned too

What a nasty piece of work she is.

What sort of idiot really believes she DMCA'd Justin and Elevatorgate because they were making money from her artwork.

Like that pacman necklace, perchance?

JAB

washrooms

Post by JAB »

I have a son who used to be my daughter so maybe I can offer some insight.

The process is not instantaneous and hard lines can be difficult to navigate so the tsb was likely right to have a policy with some flexibility. When my son started the process, he first had to pretty much live as a male, then could start hormones, then could have the surgeries. Early in the process he would still use the womens washrooms for safety and likely legal reasons. But since he was starting not to look female any more he saw others in the washroom looking afraid of him. There are sometimes options like family changerooms at pools or a unisex wheelchair washroom available, but not always. and there are legal issues to which you can use when if there isn't a policy.

In his case he started the process toward the end of university in a city with a large queer community, so this was easier than it would have been elsewhere. By the way, the testosterone has done wonders for his brain in my opinion. Or maybe it just now matches what he always thought he was before.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Jesus Chrst in the swimming pool, oolon, are you just being intentionally fucking stupid?

The English language has hundreds of thousands of words. Should we all use all those words all the fucking time just to make you happy and help you prove a nonexistent point?

Fuck me.

Oolon says "why self select or censor?". For one thing, you thick twitted dipshit, it's called word choice, it's called diction; it's called using the language to express what you want to express in the way you think best suited to your point (that is, for those of us who actually think about such things and don't just potty on at the mouth because it's open), meaning that every single individual on the whole fucking planet who knows how to speak makes choices to use some words, and not use other words because they feel that is the best way to get their point across.

Jeebles Fucking Crystals.

I never call black people niggers, because I choose not to; I never call gay people faggots, because I choose not to; I almost never call any woman a cunt, because I choose not to; I never call kangaroos roos or kangas, because I choose not to (neither do I ask them to tie me down Bruce, but that's another kettle of aboriginals, that is); I never call oolons intelligent, because I choose not to.

Fuck me; this is just too bloody ridiculous.

The language is full to overflowing with an almost endless selection of nouns and verbs that we can use to call people things we want to call them. Ooh, but because I do not use the words that you think I should use because I have no particular problem with other people using them because that's their choice to do so as it makes their prose more colourful or effective in their eyes, that makes me a self-censorer? What ugly universe do you piss in oolon, oh, ya, FfTB I forgot.

Fucking moron.

How many god damned times do you need to be told that the principle argument here is not for or against anyone's diction or word choice; the priciple argument is the endless mountainous hypocrisy surrounding their endlessly changing rules and rationalisations for what words are good, what words are bad, and why; their endlessly vapid and changing decisions that some words are OK when they use them but bad when others use them; their daily shifts in what's acceptable language and what's not acceptable language and their profound mendacity about who/what is and who/what is not "good" and why, and so forth and so on. Christ, pay some fucking attention, would you?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Lsuoma wrote:He's posting anonymously, I'm afraid. He says that his yahoo account is fucked up or something, and he can't use it so he posts anonymously.
To be fair, I would post anon over at FtB. More so now with regard to their desire to doc-drop.

But then again, we could lower ourselves to Baboon level and simply use the excuse that Oolon is trolling or something, and then reveal his details to "warn others" that he is a troll, or something!!!

:lol:

But we are better than them.

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I don't think "lying" is the correct term. False memory, maybe? Anyway, no grudges from me.

Yup you are right and actually it is more offensive than me just 'lying'. I found the bit I originally saw on here - someone referring to Josh as 'that faggy* Josh'.. It stuck out to me as pretty homophobic regardless of the 'Louis CK uses it' get out - it was being applied to someone who is gay juxtaposed to criticism. I think a lot on here would not do that... Now I do anyway.

The bad bit - I 'remembered' that as 'f*ggot' - not too bad as my memory is not that great and not a lot of difference. But with my FtB-slimeshitter-sunglasses on I assumed this was not an isolated incident! Partly cos no one said that is unacceptable and I'm used to FtB's commenters shitting on anyone being homophobic. So one up for the slimepit as a whole and a big one down on my objective view of the pit.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:He's posting anonymously, I'm afraid. He says that his yahoo account is fucked up or something, and he can't use it so he posts anonymously.
To be fair, I would post anon over at FtB. More so now with regard to their desire to doc-drop.

But then again, we could lower ourselves to Baboon level and simply use the excuse that Oolon is trolling or something, and then reveal his details to "warn others" that he is a troll, or something!!!

Agreed, you lot are generally better than them. The problem is there is literally nothing preventing Oolon from using a throwaway email address to create Oolon2 (for example) than the fact that, as long as he's posting while logged-out, no one can mute his idiotic ramblings.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest wrote: By the way - moderators of Slymepit, the avatars of Badger3k and Tony Parsehole are making me feel unsafe and uncomfortable. Can you issue some sort of warning? :shock:
Not while you post as guest when a registered user is posting from the same IP, but you don't identify yourself as registered. That sort of behaviour is frowned upon: please stop.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Embedding seems to not show on my CPU. Here's the direct link, just in case:

I dunno why people complain about Youtube comments so much, when you can find gems of grotesque beauty such as this:
I bet her twat smells like crab. I dunno why she just looks the type to have a crabby biff.
ha ha. Thanks! glad you liked it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Here you go Oolon: FUCKING NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER FAGGOT FAGGOTY NIGGER.

Now shut the frig up.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

No, it's not that - he has already registered over here, and posted initially from that account - I think he has twigged that posting anonymously but declaring who he is can stop people ignoring him for his twattishness. I haven't bothered playing around trying to figure out how to ignore anonymous posters, but, my!, he is tedious.

Post by Guest »

Mod Lsuoma, if I change my id I'll be damned for having a different id to FtBs and I'll be trying to 'play' both sides. So I want to reset my account. Can you check the email address for oolon is 'oolon @ btinternet. com'? I can email myself from any number of places but whenever I try and reset my account I get no password link to that email account. I must have got one when I registered so this makes no sense....

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Guest wrote:
Tigzy wrote: I dunno why people complain about Youtube comments so much, when you can find gems of grotesque beauty such as this:
I saw that one, too. A real prize-winner! "Biff" was a new one for me, being an American.
Technically, the 'biff' or 'biffin bridge' is not the twat but the perinium or 'barse'. So called because during (missionary position) intercourse the gentleman's balls biff against it. Benefits of a Classical education.
By the way - moderators of Slymepit, the avatars of Badger3k and Tony Parsehole are making me feel unsafe and uncomfortable. Can you issue some sort of warning? :shock:
They could indeed, and it would be ignored.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

It seems like Matt Dillahunty is FINALLY getting it. He's pretty pissed in that video. Doesn't change the fact that people have been telling this shit goes on for weeks and he chose to ignore it. Thanks for the link.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

[quote="real horrorshow"][/quote]

Technically, the 'biff' or 'biffin bridge' is not the twat but the perinium or 'barse'. So called because during (missionary position) intercourse the gentleman's balls biff against it. Benefits of a Classical education.

Sometimes called the tainter, cause 'taint 'er cunt, and 'tain't 'er arsehole, either.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Guest wrote:New Amy Davis Roth post. In sfiting through lies, she seems to engage in many herself while not moving forward and then hops on sw bandwagon after they author press release on justin - SN is mentioned too

:lol: Jesus, did you see how much spam she put in that...rebuttal? Self-justification? Whatever the fuck it was?
If this story, which is chock full of gossip is boring to you, and I don’t blame you for thinking so, please skip to the end to see some pendants I have been making to help fundraise for the fabulous fledging organization, Secular Woman.
Please note that Amy selflessly donates 50% of the proceeeds to SW. What happens to the other 50% of the proceeds remains a mystery.
Justin Vacula used my art without permission on his blog in a post where he criticized me. It was not a photo of me. It was a photo of a necklace that I made that I assume he thought was a sneaky way to dig at me. Cuz, you know it said, ‘feminist’ on it. I have thousands of different designs that I make but he picked the photo I have posted here, from off my Etsy shop.
Yep - just making it clear here that her stuff is availble on her Etsy shop.

Just below a photo of one of her Surly-Ramics (tm) we get this:
I also make “this is what an atheist looks like” and “this is what a humanist looks like” to show that marginalized groups in our society are just regular people too. When you wear one of these pieces you become part of an art project that helps to normalize minority or oppressed groups
She also goes to great lengths to make it clear that her products -
If your goal is angry visual digs at speakers, event sponsors (which I was) or other donors or visitors to your event, then maybe mocking a person’s product that is on display for purchase is indeed the environment you want to encourage.
- are actually like real Gosh Darn Art!
Enjoy your knock-off Gucci and Cubic Zirconium all you want but personally attack an attendee with mock-ups of her art while she sits in plain view at an an event in a direct attempt to belittler her?
Justin wrote a post about me on his blog about this off-hand comment and he used an image of my art without permission. I asked his server to remove the image of my art because Justin collects donations on his site and my art is not for other people to profit from without my permission. And because the post was about me, not my art and well, my art is my art after-all and I created it and have rights to how it is used.
(Note to the Prune: in the unlikelihood Amy is being sincere here, I'd suggest using this as another example of poor writing in your next post about how good you are at spotting bad writing, cos this girl's got a serious problem with repetition.)
It even says “All jewelry designs and images shown are © Surly-Ramics™” on my etsy shop.
Just in case the custome sorry, interested party, forgot about where you can get my official, properly trademarked and effryfink, produ art.
That being said, those who know me, know I am extremely generous with my artwork. Ask me, and I will 9 times out of 10 give you permission to use whatever images of mine you want.
Please contact my advertising and marketing department...

...but don't forget that this is real honest to goodness art, just like what you can get off the Danbury Mint:
The post was called, “Censorship and stupidity from “free-thinking-feminists” because I asked for my art to be removed from his site.
Justin also filed a counter DMCA claim against me. Which means, he filed a legal document claiming he had rights to use my copyright protected art and that it was removed by mistake.
I filed a perfectly valid copyright claim. My photos and my art were used without permission and potentially made money for at least one person who used them.
Yep. That was his official claim. Justin claimed, I was a public figure and he could use my art to criticize me.
And so and and so forth. You get the picture. Well, as long as it's not one of Amy's art, cos she'll likely slap a DMCA on your ass.

In any case - and this is just fuckin hilarious - if you reckon it's all a bit tl;dr, Amy gets to the heart of the matter right here:
TL/DR or just don’t care? Start here.

What I am up to:

Like I said in the opening of this post, I am continuing to dedicate my time and effort to making more art and having a good time doing it.

One thing I have been doing is making necklaces to help raise money for the new organization, Secular Woman. They are doing travel grants to send women to SkeptiCon, a type of project I have headed in the past. I support their efforts to do the same. You can pick up a custom fundraiser necklace in my Etsy shop. 50% of the proceeds go to Secular Woman for their travel grants. I will likely continue to offer the necklaces after SKeptiCon to help support the SW team. I really like what they are doing. You can learn more about them by going here. You can click here to go to my etsy shop to support that cause.
A whopping whole 50%, no less!

Fuckin hilarious :lol: Honestly, you couldn't make this shit up.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

That's quite a long post by Surly Amy, however, I couldn't help but notice she does not say anything about her own doc-dropping!

That wouldn't fit the narrative too well, would it Amy?

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Guest wrote:
Mod Lsuoma, if I change my id I'll be damned for having a different id to FtBs and I'll be trying to 'play' both sides. So I want to reset my account. Can you check the email address for oolon is 'oolon @ btinternet. com'? I can email myself from any number of places but whenever I try and reset my account I get no password link to that email account. I must have got one when I registered so this makes no sense....
If you enter the incorrect address associated with the username at the password reset screen you'll get an error. I know because it just happened to me. If you're not getting the error and also not getting the email, then it's probably your spam filter eating the message.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest wrote:
I note that this post was not made from the same IP address as oolon and "guest as oolon**" has been using, but I've gone ahead for the oolon address, and forced reactivation. LMK whether you see anything.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

oolon** wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Yup you are right and actually it is more offensive than me just 'lying'. I found the bit I originally saw on here - someone referring to Josh as 'that faggy* Josh'.. It stuck out to me as pretty homophobic regardless of the 'Louis CK uses it' get out - it was being applied to someone who is gay juxtaposed to criticism. I think a lot on here would not do that... Now I do anyway.

The bad bit - I 'remembered' that as 'f*ggot' - not too bad as my memory is not that great and not a lot of difference. But with my FtB-slimeshitter-sunglasses on I assumed this was not an isolated incident! Partly cos no one said that is unacceptable and I'm used to FtB's commenters shitting on anyone being homophobic. So one up for the slimepit as a whole and a big one down on my objective view of the pit.
Sorry, help me there, I didn't understand that underlined bit (genuine, English as a second language and all).

Still, one arsehole comment here does not the slymepit a homophobic place make. Josh is a real turd, no questions about it, but their sexual orientation has nothing to do with the criticism we have of their behaviour.

My lesbian sister would be delighted to know I wade in with homophobes, though...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:

Sometimes called the tainter, cause 'taint 'er cunt, and 'tain't 'er arsehole, either.
LOL! I knew it was called the taint but never knew why (and I own 2 editions of The Profanisaurus).

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I love the fact that Surly Amy attempts to portray herself as anti-censorship!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I love the fact that Surly Amy attempts to portray herself as anti-censorship!
Whilst heavily moderating comments.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I seem to be popular today? Ok, virtual drinks are on me tonight. :D

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Lsuoma wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
Quite so, indeed the terms may be used in a gender-specific manner. Since 'barse' derives from the male, being between balls and arse and 'taint' or 'tainter' from the female, as you say.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

http://skepchick.org/wp-content/uploads ... cklace.jpg

A feminist looks like a potato with writing on. Got it Amy.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

real horrorshow wrote:Quite so, indeed the terms may be used in a gender-specific manner. Since 'barse' derives from the male, being between balls and arse and 'taint' or 'tainter' from the female, as you say.
I thought it was called the chin rest.
I prefer to call it an oolon - half way between a cunt and an arsehole.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote:That's quite a long post by Surly Amy, however, I couldn't help but notice she does not say anything about her own doc-dropping!
The only dropping she's interested in is the fall of the coin into the cash register.

I'm now pretty convinced that Amy (42) sees Skepchick as little more than a marketing opportunity. I'd bet that if the Slymepit somehow became really popular and held conventions and shit, she'd be hauling her fat little pud right over here with a brand new showcase of Surly-Ramics featuring baboons with 'no baboons' written on them (cos that's about the level of her wit).