Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Re: "Confronting" Becca

Post by JackRayner »

Gumby wrote:
JackRayner wrote: No such thing happened. @ElevatorGate is, at worst, the kind of troll that shares absolutely every stupid thing that the skepchics and their ilk post onto twitter, blogs, or say in videos/podcasts. For example, he likes to retweet people that thank Sulky Amy after they buy her grade school arts & crafts projects. I know a lot of people aren't fond of him, but he's absolutely harmless....unless you're the kind of person that hates having your stupidity mocked.
To be honest, I follow @ElevatorGate on twatter for the occasional useful tidbit, but those tidbits are rare. I'm getting kind of sick of him and will likely unfollow his account. He's got the stink of obsession on him, plus my eyes start rolling every time I read his "valiant hero" nonsense.
:lol:

I can see how it can get grating at times, [all of the time?] but maybe I've just built a tolerance?

oolon, slimy turd

Re: Oolon

Post by oolon, slimy turd »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I had the weirdest feeling today. I read oolons blog and I felt sorry for the little fucker. After all the double-standard shit he pulled, all the arguing in bad faith and dishonest bitching about the Pit to the FTB crowd, I felt a twang of pity for him being banned by his idol. What the fuck is happening to me?
Hehe cheers Tony. But a bit of temporary anger at being misrepresented passes over pretty fast for me... What have I lost? The ability to brainfart all over Pharyngula, oh noes! Send me some slimy hugs if you want :violin:

Is that why the pitters are so butthurt about being banned? Many seem to have stories that get trotted out about how PZ or Skepchick were so mean to them... Is this the truth, you all looked up to Rebecca, PZ etc and they spurned you. I suppose hell hath no fury like a Pitter spurned eh?

Mykeru

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Mykeru »

soldierwhy wrote:
Mykeru wrote: Let them try to figure out some of my stylin' headgear:
Why have you got a Gurkha Rifles beret mate? Collector?
I do a lot of survival and primitive skills stuff now. Or, I would be were it not for my fractured heel. I have various Panawal and Chitlange I got in Nepal that I love. So much so that the last person who tried to baton (split wood by hitting the spine of the knife because that fraud Bear Grylls does it) with one was never allowed near it again.

Oh, just to define what I do is based on the idea that you could get lost, trapped by inclimate weather, injured while camping, hiking, climbing, mountain biking etc. A phenomena called Woods Shock which means how goddamn easy it is to get lost, how without visual reference it's impossible for a human to walk in a straight line, people never retrace their steps when they should fascinates me.

I'm also a total fucking gear hound.

This should not be confused with "survivalists" or "preppers" who are fat delusional fucks who think civilization will collapse from a number of paranoid reasons and fancy that they wouldn't be the first ones killed, eaten and their pockets gone through for loose change. Unfortunately, I see those people a lot. One meet I was sitting at the fire with a guy discussing whether he should have gold stashed should we go Mad Max. I asked him how he eats gold. Then the conversation moved to having things that would be of real value, like antibiotics or water treatment tablets to trade, just for sake of discussion.

Which just goes to show even nuts take constructive criticism better than Atheism Plus pod people.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

real horrorshow wrote: Let them try to figure out some of my stylin' headgear:
The respirator you have there looks more costume than practical.
[/quote]

It's one of two Soviet Era gas masks I have, so you are probably right. I have no urge to test it in a cloud of ammonia chloride.

Oh, "costume". I see what you did there, you sly fucker.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Reap wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
LMU wrote:
It makes me wonder how he'd sound on Reap's podcast. Would he spend the whole time trying to get Reap to start shouting racist slurs?
Reap has extended an invitation to Oolon on his podcast. It would be nice and interesting to hear this.

Yes I have and the offer still stands. In fact I have always made it clear anyone I talk about or have a dispute with is welcome to come on my show and clear up any misconceptions or to tell me what they think of me directly. I have a certain amount of respect for anyone who will do that no matter what it is they have to say.
You would not want me.
I utterly despise philosophy.
I am not a humanist.
I have residual speech difficulties.
I don't commonly curse.
I don't have Skype.
I am Australian.
I don't enjoy juvenile banter (anymore).
You also underestimate yourself and me. I'll bet you a baby sandwinch we could have a good conversation. The very fact you are here and you can post the above tells me enough. And I can call out on my skype ask Phil. I squandered a whole $.13 on the call to him. Money is no object..... as long as it isn't more than $10.00

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8463/8083 ... 163e_z.jpg
You always seemed to be a bit odd to me. I guess my spidey sense was correct.

The Mets? Seriously?

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Mykeru wrote:
soldierwhy wrote:
I do a lot of survival and primitive skills stuff now. Or, I would be were it not for my fractured heel. I have various Panawal and Chitlange I got in Nepal that I love. So much so that the last person who tried to baton (split wood by hitting the spine of the knife because that fraud Bear Grylls does it) with one was never allowed near it again.

Oh, just to define what I do is based on the idea that you could get lost, trapped by inclimate weather, injured while camping, hiking, climbing, mountain biking etc. A phenomena called Woods Shock which means how goddamn easy it is to get lost, how without visual reference it's impossible for a human to walk in a straight line, people never retrace their steps when they should fascinates me.

This should not be confused with "survivalists" or "preppers" who are fat delusional fucks who think civilization will collapse from a number of paranoid reasons and fancy that they wouldn't be the first ones killed, eaten and their pockets gone through for loose change. Unfortunately, I see those people a lot. One meet I was sitting at the fire with a guy discussing whether he should have gold stashed should we go Mad Max. I asked him how he eats gold. Then the conversation moved to having things that would be of real value, like antibiotics or water treatment tablets to trade, just for sake of discussion.

Which just goes to show even nuts take constructive criticism better than Atheism Plus pod people.
Most of my useful semi-wild skills and knowledge are about coastal swamplands, and the rest are about the Gulf of Mexico. Drop me on an island in the gulf, and assuming it's not failing to rain for a long time, I may not even notice I'm supposed to stranded for a week or two. Then, for some dumbass reason, I moved to Seattle. If I get lost in the woods and mountains up here, I'm right fucked unless a friendly sasquatch happens along and rescues my sorry ass.

JackRayner

Re: Leadership

Post by JackRayner »

disumbrationist wrote:I got a chance to hear Richard Dawkins speak last tuesday, and during the talk something crystallized in my mind: there is probably no one in the atheist movement who could replace him. The talk was held in a smaller room, but the room was completely full: people standing, sitting on the aisles. His talk was called 'Darwin's 5 Bridges,' in which he listed the steps along the path of evolutionary biology as a series of bridges that some thinkers crossed while others didn't. It's a talk he has apparently given before elsewhere.
Never heard about that one. Sweet. Found it online;

[youtube]t1nuEbFvZ-8[/youtube]

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Oolon (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 300#p19911) says:
Is that why the pitters are so butthurt about being banned?
Ah, there you go again, you deceitful, mendacious piece of dog's dropping. No one here is in any way whatsoever "butthurt" about being banned from FfTB or Skepchick. The point of our focus on banning is and always has been the deplorable hypocrisy and dishonesty, and the palpable reflection of Orwellian social control that is present in the act of banning.

Banning creates false consensus, and paints a false picture of what people think. It is also little more than an exercise in power and a form of extremely juvenile discipline carried out by people who are simply not adult enough, or intellectually sound enough, to carry on a legitimate dialogue.

But you, in your typical fashion, want to minimize, dismiss, and misrepresent our position as "butthurt"?

Fuck off Oolon. You're just a fucking liar and a waste of space.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

I'm banned from both Skepchick and Phawrongula (maybe a lot of FTB, I wouldn't know). Didn't bother me in the slightest, not remotely butthurt. Frankly, the way I got banned by PZ is a source of endless amusement to me. Becca... well, I can't blame her, I'd likely have banned me, too, really.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

A collection of comments...
jg64 wrote:Delurks.
Welcome to the 'pit. :) I do some stuff around online accessibility and have heard the JAWS screenreader is pretty good.
Gumby wrote:Hello there, my name is Gumby, from the Church of the Sisterhood of the Oppressed. Haven't you heard the Good News? May I come into your home and share this story, my sister in Peezus?
I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IN THE SLIGHTEST IF THIS STARTED HAPPENING.
codelette wrote:Same here, in my case my dad's side is black and my mom's brown/olive skin. My brother looks like Tupac Shakur (skin color and all), he is jail now. I saw his arrest papers. He was identified as "white Hispanic". :lol:
I'm currently having great fun writing down SUB SAHARAN AFRICAN in the race category for my white, green-eyed, fair haired son. Not my fucking fault my husband's genes completely wiped out mine.
Johann the Cabbie wrote:But, the coolest news over the past week - my sister walked the other day, a whole fifty feet, without her walker, for the first time in about four years.
Wheeee! Fantastic news!!!
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
I'm still torn on what FfTBer I despise the most - the appalling shit-stirring, interfering, vapid, obscurantist dong-dong that is Ophelia, or the vindictive, nasty, stupid, bully-apologist bag of sick that is Zvan. Peezus isn't actually my least liked baboon, in that he can occasionally be interesting, and I do respect him for his work. Yes, he's an obscure professor at a fairly obscure university - but it's that kind of thankless donkey-work which keep the sciences - or any academic discipline - going. It's difficult work, not glamorous, but essential IMO. That said, PZ is still a massive arse.
Zvan. Hands down. I have no problem with her being a spiteful bitch, it's the way she rationalises all the nasty shit her friends do, with the most hypocitical double-standards that make me hate the cunt.
Agreed. She's fucking horrible. I can't find anything nice or even anything to think that might mitigate her behavior.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

I don't know if I should laugh or...I don't know. That SamanthaBoal character sending out nasty crap on Twitter to Rebecca Watson and Jennifer McCreight? She's now saying that Rebecca put her up to this. Please. Rebecca may be many things but completely fucking stupid ain't one: https://twitter.com/SamanthaBoal

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

ReneeHendricks wrote:I don't know if I should laugh or...I don't know. That SamanthaBoal character sending out nasty crap on Twitter to Rebecca Watson and Jennifer McCreight? She's now saying that Rebecca put her up to this. Please. Rebecca may be many things but completely fucking stupid ain't one: https://twitter.com/SamanthaBoal
Actually, I wouldn't put it past her. The victim being hated on thing is a huge part of her persona. I could see this one going either way, really.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

mutleyeng wrote:didnt Al make that post the same day as the podcast? So if she thought he didnt know it was going to be his last post when he made it......
does anyone fall for this bullshit? really?
Especially when Ophelia added the (paraphrasing here, someone quoted it earlier in the thread) "and he may not have known it would be his last" comment about Al. Somehow, that little snippy bit just reveals her petty and spiteful nature. If she knew he was leaving, then he surely would know what his last post was - why would it be a surprise, unless there were plans to kick him off?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

John Greg wrote:Oolon (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 300#p19911) says:
Ah, there you go again, you deceitful, mendacious piece of dog's dropping. No one here is in any way whatsoever "butthurt" about being banned from FfTB or Skepchick. The point of our focus on banning is and always has been the deplorable hypocrisy and dishonesty, and the palpable reflection of Orwellian social control that is present in the act of banning.
I think it's quite funny. It's all WHAT YOU THINK OTHERWISE... HAH!!! BANNEDDDD!!!! On a place called free thought blogs!!

It's so silly.

I've never been banned, nor have I posted on any of their blogs. I stay away from them and don't visit the blogs ever because I was blacklisted after being seen on the Slymepit, and I truly respect that if they think I'm a threat. I think it's the nice thing to do, to let people have their own little blogs and not feel hassled in their own "space". (I'm really not a threat, by the way - I live millions of miles away from all of them and would avoid them if I ever came near them...)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Rystefn wrote:I'm banned from both Skepchick and Phawrongula (maybe a lot of FTB, I wouldn't know). Didn't bother me in the slightest, not remotely butthurt. Frankly, the way I got banned by PZ is a source of endless amusement to me. Becca... well, I can't blame her, I'd likely have banned me, too, really.
I just assumed that I've been preemptively banned. I have no desire to post at either place, so I never wasted time to check it out. Since I never want to comment there, why would I feel hurt, assuming I am banned?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

After reading that rant about Al I'm beginning to suspect that it wasn't the so-called sock-puppetry on A+theism that turned the Boons against Fat Matt, but something else completely...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m44gv ... o1_500.jpg

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Rystefn wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:I don't know if I should laugh or...I don't know. That SamanthaBoal character sending out nasty crap on Twitter to Rebecca Watson and Jennifer McCreight? She's now saying that Rebecca put her up to this. Please. Rebecca may be many things but completely fucking stupid ain't one: https://twitter.com/SamanthaBoal
Actually, I wouldn't put it past her. The victim being hated on thing is a huge part of her persona. I could see this one going either way, really.
It just doesn't smack of a Rebecca Watson kind of thing - to me at any rate. I could be very wrong but it just seems entirely too public and convenient, you know?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

rayshul wrote:
John Greg wrote:Oolon (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 300#p19911) says:
I think it's quite funny. It's all WHAT YOU THINK OTHERWISE... HAH!!! BANNEDDDD!!!! On a place called free thought blogs!!

It's so silly.

I've never been banned, nor have I posted on any of their blogs. I stay away from them and don't visit the blogs ever because I was blacklisted after being seen on the Slymepit, and I truly respect that if they think I'm a threat. I think it's the nice thing to do, to let people have their own little blogs and not feel hassled in their own "space". (I'm really not a threat, by the way - I live millions of miles away from all of them and would avoid them if I ever came near them...)
Millions of miles?

ALIEN !!!!!!

I just was billed $600 US for an anal probe, I don't need another one, so I trust you'll stay away? That's one thing I was butthurt over.... :D

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Oh, this is fascinating.

SCREENCAPS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN, SAMANTHA.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
It just doesn't smack of a Rebecca Watson kind of thing - to me at any rate. I could be very wrong but it just seems entirely too public and convenient, you know?
It does seem a little convenient - especially after several people expressed that very idea. I think it's just the troll changing tactics.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Badger3k wrote:Millions of miles?

ALIEN !!!!!!

I just was billed $600 US for an anal probe, I don't need another one, so I trust you'll stay away? That's one thing I was butthurt over.... :D
Oh no, I live on earth, I've just got a really bad sense of direction.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Badger3k wrote:
Rystefn wrote:I'm banned from both Skepchick and Phawrongula (maybe a lot of FTB, I wouldn't know). Didn't bother me in the slightest, not remotely butthurt. Frankly, the way I got banned by PZ is a source of endless amusement to me. Becca... well, I can't blame her, I'd likely have banned me, too, really.
I just assumed that I've been preemptively banned. I have no desire to post at either place, so I never wasted time to check it out. Since I never want to comment there, why would I feel hurt, assuming I am banned?
I was actually a pretty prolific commenter over at Skepchick, once upon a time. It didn't used to be like it is now (though, looking back, I can see now that it was headed that direction). I got banned at PZ's old place because he posted something very very stupid, and very, very close to my personal life, so I decided to go over and see if maybe I could shine a little light for someone. It was stupidly optimistic of me, but that's always been a part of my personality.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Badger3k wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
It does seem a little convenient - especially after several people expressed that very idea. I think it's just the troll changing tactics.
Like I said: neither way would really surprise me... and that says all I need to about my opinion of both of them, I think.

aeryk

Post by aeryk »

Badger3k wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Yeah it seems to me that whoever the troll is, they are reading the 'Pit and got the idea here. I wouldn't completely rule out Rebecca but I find it far more likely it's just a common garden variety troll.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
IMHO it smacks soooo much of a Watson kinda thing... you forget - she is a professional victim in constant need of drama to blog about.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/91Hxq.jpg

My hat, obviously...

Oh, and by the way, I suppose I am now a leader once again. Remember when PZ laughed at that prospect? :)

[old post]

http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/07/in- ... myers.html

http://i.imgur.com/xWW6w.jpg

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

bhoytony wrote:After reading that rant about Al I'm beginning to suspect that it wasn't the so-called sock-puppetry on A+theism that turned the Boons against Fat Matt, but something else completely...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m44gv ... o1_500.jpg
Now THAT is funny, I don't care who you are :lol:

soldierwhy

Post by soldierwhy »

Mykeru wrote:I do a lot of survival and primitive skills stuff now. Or, I would be were it not for my fractured heel. I have various Panawal and Chitlange I got in Nepal that I love. So much so that the last person who tried to baton (split wood by hitting the spine of the knife because that fraud Bear Grylls does it) with one was never allowed near it again.
Bear Grylls, the man that can survive on his own urine in the Sahara desert with nothing but a piece of thread and a condom, oh, and an entire film crew, medical staff, runners and a 5 star hotel.
I like bopping around the Munros in Scotland, I cry in despair every time some tourist fuckwit dances past me in shorts and sandals. I mean it's Scotland for fuck sake, it's rarely shorts and sandals weather at ground level!
That tends to be a squaddie trait in UK, 'Oh shiney, I'll have that'. I'm based in rural England in a place that's flatter than a billiard table at the moment and opening my top drawer I find about 100 feet of para-cord and some Karabiners, a compass and a mini maglight.
This should not be confused with "survivalists" or "preppers" who are fat delusional fucks who think civilization will collapse from a number of paranoid reasons and fancy that they wouldn't be the first ones killed, eaten and their pockets gone through for loose change.
Known to the British Military community as Walts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mitty
Unfortunately, I see those people a lot. One meet I was sitting at the fire with a guy discussing whether he should have gold stashed should we go Mad Max. I asked him how he eats gold. Then the conversation moved to having things that would be of real value, like antibiotics or water treatment tablets to trade, just for sake of discussion.
I had a similar conversation with one gentleman, he seemed to believe that all he required was a big fucking gun and he could take whatever he wanted. Of course pointing out that someone with a big fucking gun AND provisions could prevent him doing just that went straight over his head.
I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Rystefn said:
I was actually a pretty prolific commenter over at Skepchick, once upon a time. It didn't used to be like it is now (though, looking back, I can see now that it was headed that direction).
Yes, that's precisely my experience too. At the time, I guess about three or four years ago, it was actually possible, to some degree, to carry on a legitimate dialogue with differing, even opposing, points of view. Though, as you say, in hindsight it is clear to see the change over time, especially as it manifested in the Skepchicks simply ignoring all of their own stated commenting rules and Watson's overly free hand with banning anyone who she disliked.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

Asking the Boal Twitter account for proof.... I won't hold my breath...

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Just saw this tweet and it reminded me of that really nasty troll that kept bring the same subject up a little while ago. Do y'all think it's the same person? :think:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... racter.png

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

soldierwhy wrote: That tends to be a squaddie trait in UK, 'Oh shiney, I'll have that'. I'm based in rural England in a place that's flatter than a billiard table at the moment and opening my top drawer I find about 100 feet of para-cord and some Karabiners, a compass and a mini maglight.
Oh yes - been there done that - when I left I reckon I had enough "spare" gear to still be able to go on exercise with... hhmmmm flat areas of rural England with a military presence.... Lincolnshire? If so then my last posting before CivDiv was RAF Digby... yes I know - a RAF based and I was in the Army (R Signals) but that particular job spec was kindo of "hush hush specialist"

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

SteveW68 wrote:Asking the Boal Twitter account for proof.... I won't hold my breath...

Well, do a google search on Samantha Boal. The first image result comes from this page which seems to indicate that Samantha's disdain for Rebecca is not something new today.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

John Greg wrote:Rystefn said:
I was actually a pretty prolific commenter over at Skepchick, once upon a time. It didn't used to be like it is now (though, looking back, I can see now that it was headed that direction).
Yes, that's precisely my experience too. At the time, I guess about three or four years ago, it was actually possible, to some degree, to carry on a legitimate dialogue with differing, even opposing, points of view. Though, as you say, in hindsight it is clear to see the change over time, especially as it manifested in the Skepchicks simply ignoring all of their own stated commenting rules and Watson's overly free hand with banning anyone who she disliked.
I remember one case of a big discussion we had about skepticism and libertarianism and how compatible they were. There were Skepchicks and commenters on each of like four or five major positions and a bunch of smaller groups with differing ideas having a semi-civil conversation despite passions running high on several sides. No one got banned out of it at all. Can you imagine such a thing happening now?

decius

Post by decius »

SteveW68 wrote:Asking the Boal Twitter account for proof.... I won't hold my breath...

Don't waste your time. The profile photo was taken from a porn site. The troll is most likely a male.

http://www.goldcum.com/tgp/true-amateur-model-chole/

windy

Post by windy »

Gumby wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Steady up. Remember, leaving life as a Baboon takes time and the cognitive dissonance fades slowly. Like former religious folk who lose their faith, there is a time of confusion before clarity and logic take over.
There is much truth to this statement, at least for me. It's amazing how much indoctrination goes on at Freethoughtblogs. Escape is not instantaneous, but one does scale that wall rather quickly.
I found it easy to go cold turkey... what is more amusing is that I stuck around on B&W a good while longer, since it seemed like a more sensible crowd. But that was before the dark times, before the Empire FTB.

BTW, loved the Gospel of the Sisterhood!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

ReneeHendricks wrote:It just doesn't smack of a Rebecca Watson kind of thing - to me at any rate. I could be very wrong but it just seems entirely too public and convenient, you know?
Since Queen Bee has received thousands of vile threats over the last couple of years, she wouldn't need to resort to such a tactic, since she could simply produce evidence of the previous threats.

;)

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

decius wrote:

Don't waste your time. The profile photo was taken from a porn site. The troll is most likely a male.

http://www.goldcum.com/tgp/true-amateur-model-chole/
Well, that tips the scales pretty hard towards it being bullshit. Credit where credit's due - (s)he could have picked a much worse pic for the profile. totally believable as a regular person... which seems to be the exact angle they're aiming for on the porn site in question, so I guess they should get some credit for that as well.

welch

Re: Oolon

Post by welch »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:I had the weirdest feeling today. I read oolons blog and I felt sorry for the little fucker. After all the double-standard shit he pulled, all the arguing in bad faith and dishonest bitching about the Pit to the FTB crowd, I felt a twang of pity for him being banned by his idol. What the fuck is happening to me?
Hehe cheers Tony. But a bit of temporary anger at being misrepresented passes over pretty fast for me... What have I lost? The ability to brainfart all over Pharyngula, oh noes! Send me some slimy hugs if you want :violin:

Is that why the pitters are so butthurt about being banned? Many seem to have stories that get trotted out about how PZ or Skepchick were so mean to them... Is this the truth, you all looked up to Rebecca, PZ etc and they spurned you. I suppose hell hath no fury like a Pitter spurned eh?
Don't stop believing. Or projecting I suppose. I've been trying to get PZ to ban me sans any real effort on my part for over a year now. It'd be so awesome, to get banned without ever having done anything to actually earn it. Alas, I am still sans dungeon cell. I suppose I could manage it if I put some effort into it, but where's the fun in that?

I got banned by Umbridge a while back, mostly, i think because a) i don't hate on Abbie, and b) I refuse to believe utterance of the word "cunt" causes women to get nipple boils or whatever the fuck harm she thinks the word causes.

Beiber banned me because I kept pointing out Abbie didn't censor or ban people just for disagreement, and so was a better example of actually encouraging free thought than his entire pwecious site. Or is that permamod? I think the latter, because the rare time I agreed with him, he let that through. So who the fuck knows.

I'm sure I'm banned by Svan, I just don't know, nor care, why.

Greta banned me because of her rule #9, I'm a big meanie poopiehead on other sites. To date, I've left one comment on her site, and was careful not to break her rules on her site. But rule #9 is her best weapon. Report someone else for being a meanie, and you can be banned without ever commenting. It's pretty awesome when you think of it.

Justin (Army one) had to ban all the 'pitters, lest the people he needs to support rock beyond belief hurt a good movement because he had badthought.

I don't think anyone is butthurt per se other than you, but then, non of us ever really wanted Unca PZed to like us. Hey, also, gotta say, nice job of still being a two-faced dick dribble everywhere you can about this site. I'm sure if you keep it up, PZed will unban you.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

decius wrote:
I had no doubts that wasn't the real persons picture (despite the reverse image search tool I use yielding no results), but still... I personally wouldn't put it beyond the realms of possibility that the account was possibly created with the sole purpose of what it has done to provide more evidence to go with the other "evidence" Rebecca hasn't produced ;)

welch

Post by welch »

Rystefn wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
soldierwhy wrote:

Most of my useful semi-wild skills and knowledge are about coastal swamplands, and the rest are about the Gulf of Mexico. Drop me on an island in the gulf, and assuming it's not failing to rain for a long time, I may not even notice I'm supposed to stranded for a week or two. Then, for some dumbass reason, I moved to Seattle. If I get lost in the woods and mountains up here, I'm right fucked unless a friendly sasquatch happens along and rescues my sorry ass.
Wait, you're in Seattle? Come on, admit it, you're the masturbating hobo, aren't you.

decius

Post by decius »

SteveW68 wrote:
I had no doubts that wasn't the real persons picture (despite the reverse image search tool I use yielding no results), but still... I personally wouldn't put it beyond the realms of possibility that the account was possibly created with the sole purpose of what it has done to provide more evidence to go with the other "evidence" Rebecca hasn't produced ;)
That's a possibility, but the latest twist makes Rebecca the more likely target.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Rystefn wrote:
I remember one case of a big discussion we had about skepticism and libertarianism and how compatible they were. There were Skepchicks and commenters on each of like four or five major positions and a bunch of smaller groups with differing ideas having a semi-civil conversation despite passions running high on several sides. No one got banned out of it at all. Can you imagine such a thing happening now?
Wow. Yeah, such a discussion wouldn't last long today. I've seen them use "libertarian" as a derogatory term, almost on part with how they throw "MRA" around...

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

welch wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
soldierwhy wrote:

Wait, you're in Seattle? Come on, admit it, you're the masturbating hobo, aren't you.
Maybe... >.>

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

windy wrote:
Gumby wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Steady up. Remember, leaving life as a Baboon takes time and the cognitive dissonance fades slowly. Like former religious folk who lose their faith, there is a time of confusion before clarity and logic take over.
There is much truth to this statement, at least for me. It's amazing how much indoctrination goes on at Freethoughtblogs. Escape is not instantaneous, but one does scale that wall rather quickly.
I found it easy to go cold turkey... what is more amusing is that I stuck around on B&W a good while longer, since it seemed like a more sensible crowd. But that was before the dark times, before the Empire FTB.

BTW, loved the Gospel of the Sisterhood!
I first started posting on the Pit when it was on ERV, maybe a month or two before this place was started. Really, it only took a bit of reading and a few posts of my own before I was confident I was in the right place. With regards to myself and FTB, it was a case of 'Sometimes you do don't know you're surrounded by crazy until you get away from it.' This Slimepit that makes them shudder in such revulsion is so much saner, more rational, and more empathetic to people in general. At first, I was shocked to discover it was that way, because I had never read the Pit and instead had just listened to all the baboons describing it as Satan's opium den or whatnot. The last thing FTBers want is for anyone to actually come here and read. Why do you think there's so many newbies lately who have come here and said "Geez, this place is nothing like FTB describes it!"

Oh, and thanks. I'd love to write my own Bible someday.

soldierwhy

Post by soldierwhy »

SteveW68 wrote:Oh yes - been there done that - when I left I reckon I had enough "spare" gear to still be able to go on exercise with... hhmmmm flat areas of rural England with a military presence.... Lincolnshire?
Close, Suffolk at the moment.
If so then my last posting before CivDiv was RAF Digby... yes I know - a RAF based and I was in the Army (R Signals) but that particular job spec was kindo of "hush hush specialist"
Ah, the illustrious 14 Signal Regiment, middle of nowhere and Fridays off. I spent 7 years in the Royal Signals before being press-ganged into the AGC. Funny how you don't recognise all of the unnecessary bullshit until you're out of it!

Please tell me you weren't a cone-head and were something more respectable like a liney or a telemech. ;)

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

JackRayner wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Wow. Yeah, such a discussion wouldn't last long today. I've seen them use "libertarian" as a derogatory term, almost on part with how they throw "MRA" around...
*PAR*. Goddammit!

I've been letting errors go for the past few posts, but my frustration has accumulated. Should be proofreading more, but I'm a little absent minded. I started my morning by learning that a friend from school committed suicide on Thursday. An hour later, I'm helping a friend out by giving her a ride to and from an abortion clinic. We reach the place and find that a bunch of asshole fucking Christians were picketing outside of it with giant posters of Cunt Mary. She's was already feeling horrible about her choice [she's one of those people that buy into the whole heartbeat=person bullshit] and the assholes didn't help. I seriously felt like stabbing someone in the mouth.... :|

only running on about 3 hours of sleep from last night, so I really should get to bed now that I'm back home, but I'm kinda just here to clear my mind a bit.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Wow... that's a shitty day. Sorry to hear about your friend, and for the shit your other friend is having to go through as well. I doubt if there is anything, but I can help out in some way, let me know.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Compared to the other sceptic sites, this one is definitely not US-centric. It seems that every second post is a reference to Viz. I sometimes wonder what the Septic Tanks make of it.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Ok, I'm guilty as charged:
Looking pretty smart there Phil, but I'm afraid you already lost all your street cred with that earlier pic you posted. I mean, fancy wearing a T-shirt with your own band on it? V.uncool.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

soldierwhy wrote: Please tell me you weren't a cone-head and were something more respectable like a liney or a telemech. ;)
Yes - an ex 14 Sigs. The cone-heads you mean were the morse monkeys yes? I was a linguist. Only served at 14 whilst they were still in Celle, Germany. From there went to 13, and when they disbanded did my last couple of years at Digby in the heart of rural Lincs. Didn't ever get fridays off completely - just the afternoons after COs PT

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

So... how many military/ex-military folk do we have here, anyway? Because it seems like kind of a lot to me...

Mykeru

Becca at HFA Video: Comment Blocked

Post by Mykeru »

[youtube]Ez8gs-C53ic[/youtube]

The very woman who chose Becca to be the keynote speaker on "Theocracy vs. Humanism" by talking about her rape and death threats at the hands of atheists, suddenly decided she didn't want to play anymore and made herself a "safe space"

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8051/8084 ... 983f_b.jpg

I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Ok, I'm guilty as charged:
Just flouting your hate around, all willy-nilly? You're just asking for trouble, now. Next thing you know, you'll be wearing eyeglasses. We all know what that means.

Well, just to show some solidarity, I'll post this French-type portrait. Viva la France, etc..

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

UUUUUUUGH you all made me look at Twatsons Twitter.

I loved this one:
Carla Franklin is fighting back against her cyberstalker. She's a badass.
Well, stupid, thats what most people do when they have real life stalkers. They dont go to conferences and unilaterally declare that someone IS A STALKER. They dont go to their blags and call everyone who reads their blag (and disagrees with them) A STALKER. They dont bitch and moan and piss all over themselves. They go to the COPS and they get a LAWYER and they PROSECUTE THAT SHIT.

Good on Carla Franklin.

But she hasnt done anything literally thousands and thousands of people have had to do before.

And hey, at least she knew the name of her stalker. I didnt (which is rare, as Carla demonstrated the victim knows the stalker the majority of the time. its not some random anon on the internet).

Then there is this golden turd re: the GMO CAUSES TEH CANKER!!! study:
Yeah, there were huge problems with the study that, to me at least, invalidate the result.
Oh really, Twatson? *You* found 'huge problems' in the study that make *you*, personally, doubt the paper? Yes, actually, that study was BS, for actual reasons that dont require personal tastes/distastes. That is, you know, SCIENCE. Boy I tell you what the world REALLY needs more of is random assholes on the internet mindlessly repeating what others say about science, without actually knowing the science they profess to have an 'opinion' on. By all means, Twatson, tell us more about why that GMO study was bunk, with your expertly memorized opinions from others, you freethinker, you!

Bonus:
It's frustrating as I hate - HATE - Monsanto.
Another fabulous example of her mindlessly repeating the stuff she overhears without actually understanding it. DERP!!!! IZA BE UH SKEPDUCK! HEEEERP! MONSANTO!!

welch

Post by welch »

Rystefn wrote:So... how many military/ex-military folk do we have here, anyway? Because it seems like kind of a lot to me...
More than a few. Ex-USAF myself. Worked on B-1B radar jammers from '87-93. We got them fresh out of the factory. They really had a new car smell.

Saw one accidently squatting on its ass once.