Periodic Table of Swearing

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ERV » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 pm  •  [Post 15701]

Dr. Caleb Lack is also blogging at SIN:
http://skepticink.com/backgroundprobability/

SIN: GET ALL THE PEOPLE FROM OKLAHOMA TO BLAG!
User avatar
ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Butters » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:11 pm  •  [Post 15702]

ERV wrote:Dr. Caleb Lack is also blogging at SIN:
http://skepticink.com/backgroundprobability/

SIN: GET ALL THE PEOPLE FROM OKLAHOMA TO BLAG!



I like that they changed the name to Skeptic Ink Network from Skeptic Blog, to reduce confusion with skepticblogs.com and that the new name is shortened to SIN.
User avatar
Butters
 

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:35 pm  •  [Post 15703]

Boy I sure fucking love the language police arguments. Yep, they're so fucking useful. Glad we're rehashing all that lovely wank.





Meanwhile, in the real world...

I'm quite annoyed JV quit. I was actually close to angry while at work today, which I suppose I have no right to be. JV doesn't owe anyone anything and obviously he's doing the right thing by him. But fuck these people, really. Imagine if a group of religious people had campaigned to stop someone becoming a leader. Would anyone listen? This feels EXACTLY the same.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby aweraw » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:42 pm  •  [Post 15704]

First time posting, long(ish) time lurker.

I'm soundly amused by this whole Dillahunty situation... mainly because to some degree it mirrors my own experience with FTB.

For a (ashamedly) long time I was on board with their whole schtick about misogyny in atheist/skeptic circles. I read pharyngula daily, and occasionally skepchick.

It was around the point where Ophelia decided to withdraw from TAM as a result of the "threats" she'd recieved, that I for the first time decided to comment at FTB. My comment relayed my opinion that in order to defeat the percieved misogyny at these conferences, we needed to get out to them and have a physical presence there, and to loudly denounce any observed objectionable behavior as a group... there by improving the situation... or at least that was what I thought.

The return volley from the baboons was laden (heh) with the standard mix of "cupcake", "concern noted", "porcupines" retorts, but one response in particular immediately shook me from my ignorace of their ingroup/outgroup dynamics... I believe it was maureenbrian, who essentially told me that by saying what I'd said, that either I'd chosen to support those persons who habitually grope women, or that I was one.

It was at that point I began to seriously question their motives as a collective. I was only trying to help, after all. After a short and futile attempt to have someone adderess the fact that I'd been unfairly tarred with the "habitual groper" brush, my desire to visit pharyngula daily was severely diminished, and I began to wonder if this was the very treatment other people where objecting to, and I found myself here... only to discover it is not the hive of scum and villany I had been lead to believe it was. Sometime later learned that maureenbrian's comment accusing me of support of habitual groping had won the last ever molly award.

I think you guys are on the right track... I don't agree with you all unreservedly, but I'll be damned if this isn't a much healthier group dynamic than what exists at FTB/A+.

Lastly, cunt, you're one hilarious mother fucker. For that matter, all you cunts are, IMO, pretty awesome.

/australian
Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!
User avatar
aweraw
.
.
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby aweraw » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:45 pm  •  [Post 15705]

Jesus... forgive my sloppy diction/spelling... friday afternoon beers (and accompanying slacking off) at my work place.
Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!
User avatar
aweraw
.
.
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:49 pm  •  [Post 15706]

aweraw: welcome to "converts' corner"!
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:05 am  •  [Post 15707]

Australian? I had thought that most Australians were naturally impervious to radfem crazy...
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby aweraw » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 am  •  [Post 15708]

One more point on the Dillhunty thing - they're accusing him of sock puppetry. They don't know what it mean obviously.

Sock puppeting is when you create accounts to reply to and support your own arguments. He didn't do that, so it's not sock puppetry, IMO
Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!
User avatar
aweraw
.
.
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby aweraw » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:08 am  •  [Post 15709]

rayshul wrote:Australian? I had thought that most Australians were naturally impervious to radfem crazy...


From hippy lineage... I can't help it. *sigh*
Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!
User avatar
aweraw
.
.
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby TheMan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:10 am  •  [Post 15710]

aweraw wrote:Jesus... forgive my sloppy diction/spelling... friday afternoon beers (and accompanying slacking off) at my work place.



Bored at work too...Sydney... though a nice southerly is coming in.
It wasn't me....
User avatar
TheMan
.
.
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby DownThunder » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am  •  [Post 15711]

rayshul wrote:Australian? I had thought that most Australians were naturally impervious to radfem crazy...


Only the sick cunts and mad cunts are impervious. Unfortunately, there are still academics with strong feminist leanings which do their fair sure of telling male DV survivors and abused boys to shut it. Even some of the radfem hub members were australian....
DownThunder
.
.
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby DownThunder » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:21 am  •  [Post 15712]

I think its time for a slymepit splinter group. Mad cunt+
DownThunder
.
.
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby KiwiInOz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 am  •  [Post 15713]

aweraw wrote: snip

..and I began to wonder if this was the very treatment other people where objecting to, and I found myself here...



Abso-bloody-leutly

aweraw wrote:

only to discover it is not the hive of scum and villany I had been lead to believe it was.



Funny, that.

aweraw wrote:
... I don't agree with you all unreservedly ...



It'd be bloody disappointing if you did.
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1652
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby KiwiInOz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:26 am  •  [Post 15714]

TheMan wrote:
aweraw wrote:Jesus... forgive my sloppy diction/spelling... friday afternoon beers (and accompanying slacking off) at my work place.



Bored at work too...Sydney... though a nice southerly is coming in.


Busy at work in beautiful hot Brisbane, drinking a Little Creatures Pale Ale brought around by our beer fairy.
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1652
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:28 am  •  [Post 15715]

DownThunder wrote:
rayshul wrote:Australian? I had thought that most Australians were naturally impervious to radfem crazy...


Only the sick cunts and mad cunts are impervious. Unfortunately, there are still academics with strong feminist leanings which do their fair sure of telling male DV survivors and abused boys to shut it. Even some of the radfem hub members were australian....

Germaine Greer, anyone?
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby KiwiInOz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 am  •  [Post 15716]

Michael K Gray wrote:
DownThunder wrote:
rayshul wrote:Australian? I had thought that most Australians were naturally impervious to radfem crazy...


Only the sick cunts and mad cunts are impervious. Unfortunately, there are still academics with strong feminist leanings which do their fair sure of telling male DV survivors and abused boys to shut it. Even some of the radfem hub members were australian....

Germaine Greer, anyone?


Did I hear you say "Beer anyone?" That'd be germane to this conversation.
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1652
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:31 am  •  [Post 15717]

DownThunder wrote:I think its time for a slymepit splinter group. Mad cunt+

Or, for the flashers: Mad Macs+


(Glorious Coopers' Pale Ale is going down my neck-hole at this very moment)
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Trophy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:35 am  •  [Post 15718]

Saint N. wrote:The part he is missing (either because he refuses to or can't figure it out) is that there is no reason to believe that the mod fixed the problem for any other reason than that he was talking to Matt Dillahunty. If he was just some anonymous, first time commenter voicing a legit concern, the conversation could have gone very differently.


Exactly. This is the mormom moment, when that guy Harris lost the original translation of the plates and Joseph Smith had to make up another translation that somehow mormons believe proves Joseph Smith was right. Just like that, anyone who continues to believe the A+ propaganda is a True Believer. They would like to believe that the situation with Matt proves that A+ admins are fair and that if there are any problems, the admins would fix it. They would like to believe that they are good people who do not turn away 'allies' and they would like to believe that the admins are reasonable people who listen to arguments. And we all know it is bullshit and it proves the exact opposite. We all know they tried to fix the problem because someone important (and one of their own) got caught in their web of bullshit. They do not care for ordinary people.
User avatar
Trophy
.
.
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Saint N. » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:36 am  •  [Post 15719]

aweraw wrote:I think you guys are on the right track... I don't agree with you all unreservedly, but I'll be damned if this isn't a much healthier group dynamic than what exists at FTB/A+.


Welcome, its great when more lurkers start commenting. It helps keep the air fresh around here. I think the lack of moderation is the best attribute of the Pit. Yeah, people (including me) will occasionally say things that you'll disagree with, but it's hard to complain about content in a place that doesn't bother to police its content. Anyway, cheers.

aweraw wrote:Sock puppeting is when you create accounts to reply to and support your own arguments. He didn't do that, so it's not sock puppetry, IMO


Just like people quoting Steffy's own words from her public blog isn't cyberstalking. And Abbie saying she wants to debate Greta isn't threatening. And T-shirts stating "I'm not a Skepchick. I'm a Skeptic" isn't harassment. FTB/A+ operate under a very loose and flexible set of terms. I guess that's what Ophelia calls parallel logic (though I still don't have a fuck of a clue what she actually meant by that, and I doubt she does either).
Evidence or GTFO
Saint N.
.
.
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby disumbrationist » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:44 am  •  [Post 15720]

Michael K Gray wrote:Germaine Greer, anyone?

Here's her on 'cunt.'

Once you stop asking questions, once you let Stalin into your soul, you can only smile, and smile, and smile.
- Ursula K. LeGuin
User avatar
disumbrationist
.
.
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:55 am  •  [Post 15721]

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure, and the intelligent are full of doubt.
— Bertrand Russell.
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:57 am  •  [Post 15722]

rayshul wrote:Boy I sure fucking love the language police arguments. Yep, they're so fucking useful. Glad we're rehashing all that lovely wank.

It is maybe unfortunate to have to go through it again, particularly as there seems to have been fairly extensive discussions in the archive. But since, as far as I know, those discussions aren’t all that organized – say in Pharwrongula – it is maybe a little much to expect oolon to have to put the pieces of the puzzle together from that fragmented discussion.

But I’ll agree that it is unfortunate about Justin's resignation. Would really have been nice if the SCA had actually demanded some proof, some evidence, for the claims made in Zvan’s petition which I think were decidedly specious if not actually defamatory ....
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 4062
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 am  •  [Post 15723]

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Twat is a weird one . A lot of people where I live , my parents included, think it means a pregnant fish. 100% true


hahaha! I LOVE when someone tries to explain that to me. Some of the most intelligent and articulate people have told me that as if they were an expert on the word. It is such a tempting invitation to have a go.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:07 am  •  [Post 15724]

Michael K Gray wrote:
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure, and the intelligent are full of doubt.
— Bertrand Russell.

Along the same line:

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity. Yeats


Although I would qualify both cases with “some” or “many” or “most” of .... which tends to make the task of judgement somewhat more problematic ...
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 4062
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Saint N. » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 am  •  [Post 15725]

Trophy wrote:Exactly. This is the mormom moment, when that guy Harris lost the original translation of the plates and Joseph Smith had to make up another translation that somehow mormons believe proves Joseph Smith was right. Just like that, anyone who continues to believe the A+ propaganda is a True Believer. They would like to believe that the situation with Matt proves that A+ admins are fair and that if there are any problems, the admins would fix it. They would like to believe that they are good people who do not turn away 'allies' and they would like to believe that the admins are reasonable people who listen to arguments. And we all know it is bullshit and it proves the exact opposite. We all know they tried to fix the problem because someone important (and one of their own) got caught in their web of bullshit. They do not care for ordinary people.


Good comparison. I brought up a similar point to a pair of missionaries who came to my door one time, let's just say they weren't amused :D

When it comes to Matt's venture into A+, he is still not getting what the major problems for us are, and I really don't see him getting it anytime soon (like you said, he seems to be a True Believer). The main concern wasn't that a commenter didn't have a way to appeal the mod's decision to delete their comment, its that the comments are getting deleted in the first place without a fair discussion taking place about their content prior to the deletion. So what problem did they fix? That Matt's comments won't be deleted again at a whim. What about the rest of us who don't have the name recognition to muster a loud enough pushback against them? Worst yet, how does Matt even know the problem has actually been fixed, he just takes the A+ mod's word for it and acts like its some great victory we should all appreciate. The most annoying part is that he keeps saying in his video how we're all exaggerating the problem with the A+ forum, even though the exact thing we said would happen to him did in fact happen. So where's the exaggeration? And if 'Curious' stayed anonymous, none of them would have given a shit about the so-called 'problem' (no one jumped in to fix it until after they knew 'Curious' was Matt). They appeased him for the sake of avoiding bad PR. The majority of people who comment with legit criticisms, and get their comments deleted, just don't bother showing up again because they know its not worth the effort (that is, after all, how the slime pit got started in the first place). Which means we probably won't even know if Matt's problem was actually 'fixed'. Unless the dissenters start coming over here to vent but I imagine most would just move on and say 'fuck it' to the whole thing.
Evidence or GTFO
Saint N.
.
.
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:20 am  •  [Post 15726]

Tigzy wrote:Though on reflection, a 'git' isn't any body part I'm aware of.

There's 'bellend', 'knob' and 'knobber', but I think they're kind of obscure outside the UK.


Do you reckon Ofeefee would be okay with "minge"?
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:22 am  •  [Post 15727]

Tigzy wrote:Shit! 'Bollocks!' How could any British person forget the 'bollocks'??

Bollocks - testicles. Synonymous with bravery ("You've got bollocks", "Show some fuckin bollocks") but also for when someone is talking a load of old toot ("PZ/The Prune/Black Zvan etc. etc. is talking bollocks again."), and used as an exclamation for when you wish to refrain from doing something you dislike ("Fly economy class?? Bollocks to that!" - as said in an alternative universe where Rebecca Watson is British). Can also be deployed as a dismissive insult ("Bollocks to yer!") or as a general exclamation to aid catharsis ("Aw BOLLOCKS!")


the dog's.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:25 am  •  [Post 15728]

sacha wrote:the dog's.

:-
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:30 am  •  [Post 15729]

sacha wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Twat is a weird one . A lot of people where I live , my parents included, think it means a pregnant fish. 100% true


hahaha! I LOVE when someone tries to explain that to me. Some of the most intelligent and articulate people have told me that as if they were an expert on the word. It is such a tempting invitation to have a go.

So you've heard that too? Thought it was just the weirdo's where I live.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:35 am  •  [Post 15730]

aweraw wrote:One more point on the Dillhunty thing - they're accusing him of sock puppetry. They don't know what it mean obviously.

Sock puppeting is when you create accounts to reply to and support your own arguments. He didn't do that, so it's not sock puppetry, IMO


Why the fuck is Matt Dillahunty STILL allowed to post on the A+ forums after he admitted to having 2 identities? The rules specifically state (or stated, they could have changed them and I can't be arsed to check) that having 2 accounts will lead to a ban of the sockpuppet AND a ban of the main account. The mods are still referring to the incident as "Matt's sockpuppet" so why the fuck are they still allowing him to post? He violated a rule enshrined in A+ law.
/Rhetorical question. Everybody knows why.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:35 am  •  [Post 15731]

Butters wrote:http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2012/10/04/i-resign-my-leadership-position-with-secular-coalition-for-america/

I resign my leadership position with Secular Coalition for America

Well, the A+ers have a winning strategy. I expect them to continue along this course for ANY detractors they have in the future.


for fuck's sake


tosser
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:36 am  •  [Post 15732]

Tony Parsehole wrote:
sacha wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Twat is a weird one . A lot of people where I live , my parents included, think it means a pregnant fish. 100% true


hahaha! I LOVE when someone tries to explain that to me. Some of the most intelligent and articulate people have told me that as if they were an expert on the word. It is such a tempting invitation to have a go.

So you've heard that too? Thought it was just the weirdo's where I live.

Are you not confusing twat with Twit?
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:38 am  •  [Post 15733]



Ikonografer talks shit about Dillahunty. :)

Steersman wrote:
rayshul wrote:Boy I sure fucking love the language police arguments. Yep, they're so fucking useful. Glad we're rehashing all that lovely wank.

It is maybe unfortunate to have to go through it again, particularly as there seems to have been fairly extensive discussions in the archive. But since, as far as I know, those discussions aren’t all that organized – say in Pharwrongula – it is maybe a little much to expect oolon to have to put the pieces of the puzzle together from that fragmented discussion.


I don't read oolon - I just think this fucking language conversation should have been over years ago. A search of the internet gave me 69,700,000 results for the word cunt. Fuck, there must be a lot of sad ladies out there, I hear that every time someone says the word cunt a woman's vagina falls out and runs away.

I also hear that every time they reprint Lady Chatterly's Lover 50% of the world's women start crying for no reason. BUT THERE IS A REASON. ITS ALL THOSE FUCKING CUNTS.

Steersman wrote:
rayshul wrote:But I’ll agree that it is unfortunate about Justin's resignation. Would really have been nice if the SCA had actually demanded some proof, some evidence, for the claims made in Zvan’s petition which I think were decidedly specious if not actually defamatory ....


I'm reading this shit about safe spaces from these fuckers. They don't understand that the Slimepit is the only fucking safe space WE HAVE. Where you can post anonymously and not expect that the mods will hunt you down or reveal your IP or find out other shit about you. I can't comment anywhere on the whole fucking internet about this shit except for here because THEY COME AFTER YOU.

I saw Hendricks online today talking shit about Laden and my first reaction was to contact her and say, Shit, woman, do you know what they might do to you? Do you know these people think nothing of trying to get you fired from your job? Did you not see what they did to ERV and Vacula and Groethe?

YES. IT'S HAPPENED. I'm now one of those people who is ACTUALLY THINKING ABOUT TRYING TO SILENCE WOMEN FOR THEIR OWN GOOD. I'VE BECOME ONE OF THEM.

FUUUHKKKKKKKKK.

ARGHGHGHGHGHHHHHHHHH.

RAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Saint N. » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:41 am  •  [Post 15734]

Steersman wrote:But I’ll agree that it is unfortunate about Justin's resignation. Would really have been nice if the SCA had actually demanded some proof, some evidence, for the claims made in Zvan’s petition which I think were decidedly specious if not actually defamatory ...


Agreed, but it's still not certain that the SCA had actually asked Justin to resign, or even implied it. The possibility remains open that Justin is speaking the truth when he says that he freely resigned to avoid bringing harm to the SCA's greater interests through their association with him. Whether this was the right or wrong move is not interesting to me. Because it's a shame either way, since its obvious that Justin takes being an atheism activist very seriously, this would have been a great opportunity to showcase his skills and do some good to promote secularism for his local community.

Incidentally, other than creating a heavily moderated forum and suggesting that A+scribe thing for the hearing impaired (in the process of which they dogpiled on a commenter for asking an innocent question about first getting copyright permissions), what exactly have any of these people done to promote this whole social justice thing they keep talking about? I mean actual physical results, or at least a working blueprint for planned activism? Cuz for a group with such widereaching goals for social change they sure seem to be making this shit up as they go along, and very sloppily at that. They're getting worn out by a few internet trolls for cryin' out loud. The 'founder' of the whole thing (Jen) was ready to quit after a few mean twitter comments. How will they handle actual real-life opposition they're bound to get when they start confronting people in person? Rhetorical question, I know they won't ever actually get around to it. Being internet activists is much more fun.
Evidence or GTFO
Saint N.
.
.
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:43 am  •  [Post 15735]

Michael K Gray wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
sacha wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Twat is a weird one . A lot of people where I live , my parents included, think it means a pregnant fish. 100% true


hahaha! I LOVE when someone tries to explain that to me. Some of the most intelligent and articulate people have told me that as if they were an expert on the word. It is such a tempting invitation to have a go.

So you've heard that too? Thought it was just the weirdo's where I live.

Are you not confusing twat with Twit?

Nope. There are a number of people where I live, parents (but not me) included, who think a pregnant fish is called a twat.
BTW are pregnant fish called twits?
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Butters » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:44 am  •  [Post 15736]

Saint N. wrote:
Good comparison. I brought up a similar point to a pair of missionaries who came to my door one time, let's just say they weren't amused :D

When it comes to Matt's venture into A+, he is still not getting what the major problems for us are, and I really don't see him getting it anytime soon (like you said, he seems to be a True Believer). The main concern wasn't that a commenter didn't have a way to appeal the mod's decision to delete their comment, its that the comments are getting deleted in the first place without a fair discussion taking place about their content [b]prior to the deletion. [/b]So what problem did they fix? That Matt's comments won't be deleted again at a whim. What about the rest of us who don't have the name recognition to muster a loud enough pushback against them? Worst yet, how does Matt even know the problem has actually been fixed, he just takes the A+ mod's word for it and acts like its some great victory we should all appreciate. The most annoying part is that he keeps saying in his video how we're all exaggerating the problem with the A+ forum, even though the exact thing we said would happen to him did in fact happen. So where's the exaggeration? And if 'Curious' stayed anonymous, none of them would have given a shit about the so-called 'problem' (no one jumped in to fix it until after they knew 'Curious' was Matt). They appeased him for the sake of avoiding bad PR. The majority of people who comment with legit criticisms, and get their comments deleted, just don't bother showing up again because they know its not worth the effort (that is, after all, how the slime pit got started in the first place). Which means we probably won't even know if Matt's problem was actually 'fixed'. Unless the dissenters start coming over here to vent but I imagine most would just move on and say 'fuck it' to the whole thing.



Yeah, that is part of it for me. I have been on boards that only basically moved one type of post in a hurry without discussion, and that was NSFW images. Like nudes or beheaded bodies. They would not be deleted but moved "downstairs". Only logged in members could see what was "downstairs", but anyone logged in could see them and comment and continue that section of the thread should they desire. Please could discuss what they found interesting or funny without derailing active threads. Comments with doxxing would not be removed, but edited to remove personal data. The only stuff removed outright were items that could get the site shut down like child porn posted by trolls.

Everything but the latter could be discussed in the open and would not be deleted. If a portion of a thread was going way OT, that might be moved downstairs but if people could make a case for it, it would be moved back.

If the mods acted as imperiously on my old board like they do on atheismplus, almost all active members would have trolled the hell out the place until it was useless and the mods relented.
User avatar
Butters
 

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:46 am  •  [Post 15737]

Saint N.:

Which means we probably won't even know if Matt's problem was actually 'fixed'. Unless the dissenters start coming over here to vent but I imagine most would just move on and say 'fuck it' to the whole thing.


I would advise any lurker here who posts there and gets deleted/banned to take screenshots and bring them here. Then maybe we can send a mail with all these exemples to Matt. Probably won't change his mind, but it'd be full of lulz.

Jack: I've been role-playing from the age of ten until my twenties. I still go to the casual LARP once in a year or two, because I have close friends involved there. It's lots of fun, like a camping trip with a scenario on the side. I'm going to a Deadland LARP at the end of the month. It's Western mixed with fantasy, and very exciting. No time for table-top anymore, though. Anyway, I don't know why I'm talking about that stuff here, probably the coffee kicking in.

One thing I really like when I come to the Pit in the morning is seeing most of the latest posts come from Down Under. Sorry, I just love Straya. And NZ, of course.

Hopefuly I'll have a nice chat with Reap for his podcast today. We'll see how it goes... :D
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4959
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:50 am  •  [Post 15738]

The Slimepit is a nice place to relax after a hard day of telling other people what to do and saying cunt a lot.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Philip of Tealand » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:50 am  •  [Post 15739]

Oh great, ANOTHER Australian cunt joins us...dammit, where are all the Limey cunts? Come on people, don't let these bastards win! :D

I'm very sad you resigned Justin, whilst I don't entirely agree that you should have done it, I'm still able to see why you did it and I wish you all the best in whatever you do next.

Oolon, why is it so difficult for you to see just how dreadful and petty the likes of Myers and Watson can be, but you find it so terribly easy to find fault in anything that Justin does or anything we say (like cunt) or do on this site? If I really wanted to, without any real effort on my part, I could get banned from most of the FtB sites simply for disagreeing, it would be very easy indeed. I'd have to do something pretty reprehensible to get chucked off of here, I'd have to work bloody hard at it.

You seem more than willing to dismiss things and turn some things to make Justin look worse than he is - ie the failure or unwillingness to acknowledge the difference between actual doc dropping of someone's private details with desire to cause trouble and someone linking to a public website where information is freely available and easily accessed. Whilst you are more than entitled to your opinions, I really think you need to be more aware that the people you support are far worse than you are making Justin out to be.
Philip of Tealand
.
.
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:11 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:00 am  •  [Post 15740]

If Pharyngula is Mordor then what's The Pit? Gondor just doesn't seem right.


Good video to watch and short too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndONuQEsLvw

Justicar uses words and numbers to prove the A+ forum is bursting at the seams with trolls.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby masakari2012 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:01 am  •  [Post 15741]

Welcome aweraw! I enjoyed reading your "deconversion" story. Oh, the parallels between FTB and religion are endless, lol! I remember reading your post at the time on Ophelia's blog, though I forgot all of the details. Do you remember the title of that blog?

And yes, you are correct about "sock puppetry". What they should have said was "sock account".
“I want to do whatever it takes to make sure that he [thunderf00t] is essentially drummed out of this movement, never invited to speak anywhere again and is forever a pariah.” - Ed Brayton
User avatar
masakari2012
.
.
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jonathan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am  •  [Post 15742]

Tony Parsehole wrote:If Pharyngula is Mordor then what's The Pit? Gondor just doesn't seem right.


Rohan, perhaps.
User avatar
Jonathan
.
.
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tristan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 am  •  [Post 15743]

Wow, there really are a lot of Aussies on this forum, huh? Wonder why that is?
Tristan
.
.
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:11 am  •  [Post 15744]

Jonathan wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:If Pharyngula is Mordor then what's The Pit? Gondor just doesn't seem right.


Rohan, perhaps.


The Shire, 'cause we're all nice and small and cudly. Fuck! We're the Ewoks of the A/S community!
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4959
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:12 am  •  [Post 15745]

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
sacha wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Twat is a weird one . A lot of people where I live , my parents included, think it means a pregnant fish. 100% true


hahaha! I LOVE when someone tries to explain that to me. Some of the most intelligent and articulate people have told me that as if they were an expert on the word. It is such a tempting invitation to have a go.

So you've heard that too? Thought it was just the weirdo's where I live.

Are you not confusing twat with Twit?

Nope. There are a number of people where I live, parents (but not me) included, who think a pregnant fish is called a twat.
BTW are pregnant fish called twits?

No, but it was a very popular schoolyard meme back in the 1960's.
As very few fish are vivaporous(sp?), it would be bullshit anyway.
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby masakari2012 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:13 am  •  [Post 15746]

I'm an American. I've been to Perth/Fremantle, Australia. I had a lot of fun there. The people were really friendly.
“I want to do whatever it takes to make sure that he [thunderf00t] is essentially drummed out of this movement, never invited to speak anywhere again and is forever a pariah.” - Ed Brayton
User avatar
masakari2012
.
.
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby DownThunder » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:14 am  •  [Post 15747]

Tristan wrote:Wow, there really are a lot of Aussies on this forum, huh? Wonder why that is?


Image
DownThunder
.
.
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dick Strawkins » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:16 am  •  [Post 15748]

Philip of Tealand wrote:Oolon, why is it so difficult for you to see just how dreadful and petty the likes of Myers and Watson can be, but you find it so terribly easy to find fault in anything that Justin does or anything we say (like cunt) or do on this site?


Oolon has admitted on various FTB sites that what he does here is simply trolling. He is not engaging with us. He is trying to wind us up, taking the piss and attempting to stir up fights.

I wouldn't mind if he was simply pointing out hypocrisy or double standards on our part. That's what we do with the FTB crowd and so we should be prepared to take it as well as give it.
Oolon, however, doesn't do that. On the FTB boards he lies through his teeth about what we do and say here and when he comes here, posing 'innocent' questions, he either ignores out of hand any reasonable responses, or deliberately posts nasty shit, like his homophobic reference to Josh, just to muddy the waters and make it seem like such behavior is the norm here - when the sole person partaking in this action is himself.
He is a nasty, homophobic liar.
But, of course, his lies help the FTB cause so they won't ban him.

The description of him as FTBs Sal Cordova are spot on.
PZ Myers: "Hypocrisy is a bitch, isn't it?"
User avatar
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 4728
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jonathan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:17 am  •  [Post 15749]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:If Pharyngula is Mordor then what's The Pit? Gondor just doesn't seem right.


Rohan, perhaps.


The Shire, 'cause we're all nice and small and cudly. Fuck! We're the Ewoks of the A/S community!


Speak for yourself. I am not at all cuddly. And regular application of a razor keeps my feet hair-free.
User avatar
Jonathan
.
.
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:18 am  •  [Post 15750]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Down Thunder.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jonathan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:21 am  •  [Post 15751]

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Philip of Tealand wrote:Oolon, why is it so difficult for you to see just how dreadful and petty the likes of Myers and Watson can be, but you find it so terribly easy to find fault in anything that Justin does or anything we say (like cunt) or do on this site?


Oolon has admitted on various FTB sites that what he does here is simply trolling. He is not engaging with us. He is trying to wind us up, taking the piss and attempting to stir up fights.

I wouldn't mind if he was simply pointing out hypocrisy or double standards on our part. That's what we do with the FTB crowd and so we should be prepared to take it as well as give it.
Oolon, however, doesn't do that. On the FTB boards he lies through his teeth about what we do and say here and when he comes here, posing 'innocent' questions, he either ignores out of hand any reasonable responses, or deliberately posts nasty shit, like his homophobic reference to Josh, just to muddy the waters and make it seem like such behavior is the norm here - when the sole person partaking in this action is himself.
He is a nasty, homophobic liar.
But, of course, his lies help the FTB cause so they won't ban him.

The description of him as FTBs Sal Cordova are spot on.


To extend my Rohan analogy, he is the Slyme Pit's very own Grima Wormtongue.
User avatar
Jonathan
.
.
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:23 am  •  [Post 15752]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Then maybe we can send a mail with all these exemples to Matt. Probably won't change his mind, but it'd be full of lulz.

Probably?!?! Ha!
For Matt to even think such a thing would instantly terminate his new marriage, and render him an jobless outcast. To publicly express such a thing may result in castration. (After sewing them back on, of course)
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:One thing I really like when I come to the Pit in the morning is seeing most of the latest posts come from Down Under.

It's Friday arvo here, mate.
The tradition in civilised work-places, and for the self-unemployed, is to crack a tube Bruce, at Chinese Dentist¹.
I, myself, only drink if it is after half-past.
________________________
¹ Two thirty. Geddit?
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:25 am  •  [Post 15753]

Jonathan wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:If Pharyngula is Mordor then what's The Pit? Gondor just doesn't seem right.


Rohan, perhaps.


The Shire, 'cause we're all nice and small and cudly. Fuck! We're the Ewoks of the A/S community!


Speak for yourself. I am not at all cuddly. And regular application of a razor keeps my feet hair-free.


I did say Ewoks, not Hobbits. Leaves about 95% of your body full of hair.

To extend my Rohan analogy, he is the Slyme Pit's very own Grima Wormtongue.


Then who's Saruman? The plot thickens...
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4959
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jonathan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:26 am  •  [Post 15754]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:If Pharyngula is Mordor then what's The Pit? Gondor just doesn't seem right.


Rohan, perhaps.


The Shire, 'cause we're all nice and small and cudly. Fuck! We're the Ewoks of the A/S community!


Speak for yourself. I am not at all cuddly. And regular application of a razor keeps my feet hair-free.


I did say Ewoks, not Hobbits. Leaves about 95% of your body full of hair.

To extend my Rohan analogy, he is the Slyme Pit's very own Grima Wormtongue.


Then who's Saruman? The plot thickens...


I must admit that has been troubling me. I suspect Phillip of Tealand, that guy is just TOO nice. It's like he's trying to hide something..... :think:
User avatar
Jonathan
.
.
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:28 am  •  [Post 15755]

If ignorance is bliss, Oolon is in heaven.
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:33 am  •  [Post 15756]

Hi, all. Only recently started reading here, when I was looking for evidence one way or another about the claims witch hunt against JV. I like the feel of the place!

Thanks for the link to the Dillahunty video - it was an unexpected treat for me, as I learned partway through that it was my banning at Atheism+ that he says set off his recent adventure there. (~17 posts, questioning claims and presenting counter evidence esp about the JV witch hunt, ending with my refusing to drink their Koolaid and telling them so). Until watching Dillahunty's video just now, I had no idea that there were more posts about me after I left, than I left in my very short career there. Looks like a grand total of 2 people have suggested my ban be reconsidered (not that that would last long, were I to open my mouth again there), and also that for a while the mods thought Dillahunty's sock was actually me returning as a sock (paranoia will do that to you, I guess).

The extra funny aspect is that despite all their supposedly advanced social awareness and gender sensibilities, they're making the unwarranted assumption that Skep tickle is male. :naughty: :lol:
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:40 am  •  [Post 15757]

Jonathan wrote:
To extend my Rohan analogy, he is the Slyme Pit's very own Grima Wormtongue.


Then who's Saruman? The plot thickens...


I must admit that has been troubling me. I suspect Phillip of Tealand, that guy is just TOO nice. It's like he's trying to hide something..... :think:


Nah, not Phillip. Let's think: beard, lives in a high "ivory" tower, has lots of minions and Huruk hai ready to jump in the fray at his order...

Nope, no idea.

MKG: I have been known to partake to a beer and sausage breakfast as early as 6 am. But it was during LARPs, so it's excusable. No drink before noon is the rule where I live, though. France! Wine country!
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4959
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tristan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:42 am  •  [Post 15758]

masakari2012 wrote:I'm an American. I've been to Perth/Fremantle, Australia. I had a lot of fun there. The people were really friendly.


Ohhhh, West coast. Hardly counts.
Tristan
.
.
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 am  •  [Post 15759]

Skep tickle wrote:Hi, all. Only recently started reading here, when I was looking for evidence one way or another about the claims witch hunt against JV. I like the feel of the place!

Thanks for the link to the Dillahunty video - it was an unexpected treat for me, as I learned partway through that it was my banning at Atheism+ that he says set off his recent adventure there. (~17 posts, questioning claims and presenting counter evidence esp about the JV witch hunt, ending with my refusing to drink their Koolaid and telling them so). Until watching Dillahunty's video just now, I had no idea that there were more posts about me after I left, than I left in my very short career there. Looks like a grand total of 2 people have suggested my ban be reconsidered (not that that would last long, were I to open my mouth again there), and also that for a while the mods thought Dillahunty's sock was actually me returning as a sock (paranoia will do that to you, I guess).

The extra funny aspect is that despite all their supposedly advanced social awareness and gender sensibilities, they're making the unwarranted assumption that Skep tickle is male. :naughty: :lol:


Welcome Tickle (can I call you Tickle?). I'm still waiting for this fiasco to unroll, but it's interesting to know you were (allegedly) the cause for Matt's foray.

Cheers!
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4959
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby masakari2012 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 am  •  [Post 15760]

Welcome Skep tickle. In case you're unable to see what was posted after being banned, here's a backup copy from the day I saw that dispute. This is the only page that's actually relevant to you, since after doing a ctrl+f for your name on the other pages, no results came up....
http://pastehtml.com/view/cdn3rqkd4.html

Since we don't serve any Kool-Aid here.... would you like a beer?
“I want to do whatever it takes to make sure that he [thunderf00t] is essentially drummed out of this movement, never invited to speak anywhere again and is forever a pariah.” - Ed Brayton
User avatar
masakari2012
.
.
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jonathan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:50 am  •  [Post 15761]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
To extend my Rohan analogy, he is the Slyme Pit's very own Grima Wormtongue.


Then who's Saruman? The plot thickens...


I must admit that has been troubling me. I suspect Phillip of Tealand, that guy is just TOO nice. It's like he's trying to hide something..... :think:


Nah, not Phillip. Let's think: beard, lives in a high "ivory" tower, has lots of minions and Huruk hai ready to jump in the fray at his order...

Nope, no idea.


*sighs* I guess it will forever be a mystery then.
User avatar
Jonathan
.
.
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Heintje » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:51 am  •  [Post 15762]

Skep tickle wrote:The extra funny aspect is that despite all their supposedly advanced social awareness and gender sensibilities, they're making the unwarranted assumption that Skep tickle is male. :naughty: :lol:


[victim-blaming] It is your fault for using a pseudonym that is suggestive of a certain dangling male organ.[/victim-blaming]
I presume you got that impression from the pronouns ("he", "his", etc.) they use to refer to you? Even if I were a girl IRL, I'd gladly accept them over such neologistic bullshits as "xe", "xir", "ze" etc. Fuck, I'd rather pick "it", "its", or even "that horse-fucker" over those nonsense.

Anyway, welcome to the Slyme Pit. Just be aware that posting here comes with the "privilege" of getting perma-banned in FfTB.
User avatar
Heintje
.
.
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:55 am  •  [Post 15763]

On the upside, sasha may give you membership to Gender Traitors International.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:55 am  •  [Post 15764]

Jonathan wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
To extend my Rohan analogy, he is the Slyme Pit's very own Grima Wormtongue.


Then who's Saruman? The plot thickens...


I must admit that has been troubling me. I suspect Phillip of Tealand, that guy is just TOO nice. It's like he's trying to hide something..... :think:


Nah, not Phillip. Let's think: beard, lives in a high "ivory" tower, has lots of minions and Huruk hai ready to jump in the fray at his order...

Nope, no idea.


*sighs* I guess it will forever be a mystery then.


Ok, maybe we were sidetracked all along. "Oolon" sounds suspiciously like "Udun", as in "Flame of Udun". Oolon might be a Maiar, placing him at the same level as Saruman and Mithrandir. He may be his own master.

Fine, enough Tolkien for me. I guess I was triggered by that RPG talk.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4959
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 am  •  [Post 15765]

Neeneer neener! Meme Police here.
Pull over blogger. Let me see your divers license.
Mmmm.
Did you know that it is an offence to say "Kool-Aid" when you are in a "Flavor-Aid" zone?
I'll let you off this once, as you claim to be Saint Dillahunty.
But don't do it again.
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarnOwl, Bing [PANIC], jugheadnaut, Pagancat, welch and 16 guests