Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Saint N.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Saint N. »

Is this Blue Collar Atheist guy talking about us when he made this comment: http://freethoughtblogs.com/bluecollara ... ment-26191

Because I'm not feeling the love (unless he's being sarcastic).

Post by Guest »

From http://www.genderratic.com/p/1631/it%e2 ... mment-9219
Using non-monolithic language starts with a focus on the personal and concrete over the abstract: “I believe…”, “I think we should focus on…”, etc. In the case of feminism, it also means being as specific as possible in one’s attributions. Ideally, they would be referring to specific individuals and their ideas rather than making sweeping, movement wide statements and never saying “feminism” without at least one qualifier before it if they can help it. If they weren’t too busy shouting about how they should never have to modify their presentation for anyone and that being put off or offended by their rhetoric is solely the fault of the person having that reaction to practice things like this, they would be able to slough off most of their social baggage practically overnight.

This isn’t a problem limited to feminism (I use no qualifiers because it is can not be meaningfully linked to any specific branch) so much as an extension of widespread problems in the social justice community (which I have remarked on several times in the past). Personally, I find that this sort of behavior causes me to be disinclined to offer my ear, my trust, or my support to those groups. This is, after all, the same social justice community that produces frequent speeches defending their habit of screaming at and insulting people who come to them with questions by demonstrating their inability to even conceive the idea of automating simple, repetitive tasks.
Bold mine.

justinvacula

Atheist 'chicks' - easy?

Post by justinvacula »

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... show-host/

Here's something FTB and the Skepchicks should perhaps rage about...and perhaps justifiably so!

From an interview with an atheist and a radio host:
Hoffman: … That was why we were such a big deal on campus, because we hosted this event that was–
Voorhies: So you didn’t go out and help build any homes, you didn’t clean oil off of birds, you didn’t help any poor people…
Hoffman: … We participated in democracy…
Voorhies: … you didn’t do any food drives, you didn’t help the homeless. You had a debate. You know why the Christian kids helped you out in your debate? Because atheist chicks are easy. And a lot of them are goth and hot.
Hoffman: Wow… now that’s disgusting, dude. Seriously.
Voorhies: Thanks a lot for your call. [Hangs up on Luke.]

franc

Post by franc »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

So, who will be (or should be named) next witch of the week?

Dawkins...for making a snarky comment about hugging?
DJ...for having Doug Stanhope at TAM and not including an anti-harassment policy to TAM's booklet even though there was a policy in 2011/
James Randi...?
Dr. Harriet Hall...for wearing the 'I feel safe at tam' shirt?
Daniel Tosh...for making rape jokes?

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

justinvacula wrote:So, who will be (or should be named) next witch of the week?
I surprised it still hasn't been you Justin. You're not some anonymous guy posting on a comment thread, you're an active member of an atheist organization, and you're willing to show your face in the slyme pit without reservation. Plus Ophelia really seems to dislike you (which is always good for witch of the week creds).

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

I hope the FC5 and Watson never manages to take AngrySkepchick off of twitter:

rayshul rocks

Post by rayshul rocks »

Saint N. wrote:I hope the FC5 and Watson never manages to take AngrySkepchick off of twitter:
AngrySkepchick retweeted me the other day. I'm still over the moon.

Can't believe Ashley's comments. I just posted the other fucking day here about people beleiving in the magic of harrassment policies. What the FUCK, I can't believe this is Actually A Fucking Thing.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

rayshul rocks wrote:Can't believe Ashley's comments. I just posted the other fucking day here about people beleiving in the magic of harrassment policies. What the FUCK, I can't believe this is Actually A Fucking Thing.
What I still can't grasp about this whole anti-harassment policy thing is that there already a nationwide policy in the U.S. (and most other first-world countries) to deal with this. It's called the fucking law. It applies to any venue, wherever you go. If having an entire judicial system set up to deal with harassment is not enough to put your mind at ease, how is some flimsy little xeroxed piece of paper going to? Someone hell bent on harassing others is going to do so whether it's forbidden on a paper or not. And when they do, and you call the authorities, they are liable to face prosecution whether or not TAM wrote it down on a flier. At the very least they'll be removed (again, if you call the proper authorities). Unless you know that what you plan to complain about as harassment goes beyond what the law defines it as. Just my two cents.

Heintje

Post by Heintje »

rayshul rocks wrote:Can't believe Ashley's comments. I just posted the other fucking day here about people beleiving in the magic of harrassment policies. What the FUCK, I can't believe this is Actually A Fucking Thing.
Clearly her thinking (and her fellow nutjobs') goes like this: "Without anti-harassment policy from the organizers, how could you expect people to behave decently at conferences!!!111!"

Which to me, sounds awfully like: "Without moral laws from god, how could you be a moral human being!!!111"
Make no mistake, these people are religious nuts, regardless of their denial.

rayshul yay

Post by rayshul yay »

They're fucking morons. I don't know how the rest of the Slimepitters are able to engage with them, how you can attempt to talk rationally about these issues when they're barfing up this junk. I recognise that yes, this is the best thing to do and the best way to approach things, even after they've attacked women online, attempted character assassination, tried to get women kicked out of skeptic events and tried to fuck women's professional lives... but fuck, guys. I'm like amazed at your patience. You're a bunch of angels, I swear. :D

If there's one positive takeaway I have from all this, it's that the FtBers have made me a lot less critical of religion. When atheists hit the screamy extreme of the baboons, it puts everything into perspective. It's fucked up crazy dogma that's the real problem, fundamentalist religion is just the most popular and visible expression of it.

Post by Guest »

I was banned at butterfliesandwheels for simple, polite, disagreement. My comment was:
O. Benson, so you are claiming that Paula Kirby is “so hostile to feminism”. However I haven’t seen anything to indicate that the claim could be even remotely true, and I would even say that it is demonstrably false.
Her response:
@ 21 – how interesting. You need to back it up though.
I tried replying twice; each time my comment did not show up.

Very very bad form: block the person you're asking to "back it up".

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I was banned at butterfliesandwheels for simple, polite, disagreement. My comment was:
O. Benson, so you are claiming that Paula Kirby is “so hostile to feminism”. However I haven’t seen anything to indicate that the claim could be even remotely true, and I would even say that it is demonstrably false.
Her response:

forgot to mention -- the thread is http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... g-you-can/

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Ashley miller is a mini van

She hasn't fully went over the edge into googoodawawoo land but she's teetering on the edge, deciding whether she'll get more blog hits if she jumps, quite a few of the mini cultists have been pulling back a little recently because they've recognised that in fact, the skeptic community isn't buying it.

There's a number of others, the axp guys have taken the pill, but are very very wary of where they position themselves, why? I postulate that it's because they really really want to believe, but they will be torn apart by their own historical record. Special pleading anyone? For that is what the whole crazy fftb belief system is built on. Dillahunty offers support to the crazies whenever he can, kind of like the moderate christian who gives the nod to the fundies. His drive by on thunderfoot said it all. He came in, dropped a bible on tfoots desk, said "if you don't get it, then there's nothing i can do" and walked out...... Nutz, major presuppositionalist, has bought into the "lets make atheism into a political movement" crazy. The cognitive dissonance required for this, requires them to shut up anyone who points it out! Like the catholic who says they welcome questions of the faith, then shuts down the conversation as soon as there is a question that doesn't provide a platform to spout bullshit as an answer.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Saint N. wrote:Is this Blue Collar Atheist guy talking about us when he made this comment: http://freethoughtblogs.com/bluecollara ... ment-26191

Because I'm not feeling the love (unless he's being sarcastic).
I think the "kill and eat us all" bit can be safely dismissed as humorous hyperbole, but I suspect he's sincere about blaming us for baboon behaviour. In which case fuck him. The blog is excessively long anyway. He could have got it all said in half the word-count.
justinvacula wrote:So, who will be (or should be named) next witch of the week?

Dawkins...for making a snarky comment about hugging?
DJ...for having Doug Stanhope at TAM and not including an anti-harassment policy to TAM's booklet even though there was a policy in 2011/
James Randi...?
Dr. Harriet Hall...for wearing the 'I feel safe at tam' shirt?
Daniel Tosh...for making rape jokes?
I think it's a joint one for DJ and Dr Hall over at Ofeelya's place. Just picking the first three bits of crazy from the comments list:

Dr Hall's t-shirt is a direct attack on Ofeelya.
Dr Hall is DJ's brainwashed hostage.
DJ is so angry that Ofeelya has ruined TAM for ever*, that he is conducting a vendetta against her.

*It being an article of faith that her non-attendance has doomed TAM to failure and irrelevance. Never let it be said that DJ has actually stopped responding to the FC5 because: 1. He's realised they can never be appeased. 2. They have done all the damage they can do and are now irrelevant.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Testing my avatar.

Gumby: thanks, if you like symphonic metal, you should try Fairyland's latest, Score to a New Beginning. We're not so bad :)

I also want to say I love Masakari's avatar. Anyone with a Mech as an avatar can't be a bad person.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Blue Collar Atheist

Post by Gumby »

Dilurk wrote:
We have known that it is not all the bloggers at FreeThought Blogs who are bullies, only a few. The real question is going to be if PZ gets bluecollaratheist banned as well for "bad writing". I agree, this is a great post.
If "bad writing" was really a criterion used to filter out bloggers on FtB, Comrade Physioproffe would have been shown the door ages ago.

Git

Post by Git »

bhoytony wrote:
Git wrote: Fuck that, everyone here is getting proper hearty bear-hug-style pats-on-the-backs! The sort that would make an Aussie proud.
We've been through this already. Don't come fucking near me.
Ha. You and the rest of the non-huggers can go stand in the corner and awkwardly stare at each other's feet. :D

Git

Post by Git »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Gumby: thanks, if you like symphonic metal, you should try Fairyland's latest, Score to a New Beginning. We're not so bad :)
Symphonic metal? *groans*

OK, I quite like Therion, but I like my metal how I like my coal: doomier and blacker than the blackest depths of the abyss.

Post by Guest »

Za-zen wrote:Ashley miller is a mini van

She hasn't fully went over the edge into googoodawawoo land but she's teetering on the edge, deciding whether she'll get more blog hits if she jumps, quite a few of the mini cultists have been pulling back a little recently because they've recognised that in fact, the skeptic community isn't buying it.
Hmn. Well, hopefully she'll see the light. Ashley blahed to me on twitter in a can't we all get along way when I did an unfollow/FTB bitch combo - we were online friends ages ago due to writing shit. But yeah, like I said, I don't have the patience to do the dialogue thing. I am a shut-down-this-conversation-and-get-the-fuck-out kinda gal, much like ye olde catholic church. ^_^ Mainly because I don't have a gear between: Oh okay, I guess you've made a point and WHAT THE FUCK SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING MORON WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING STUPID DIE IN A FIRE.

Bleh. I was flicking through one of my books today and realised I named a character after her. BLEHHHHLHHHHRRRH.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ugh, guested myself again. Maybe I should just login instead of making up stupid names for myself.
Git wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Gumby: thanks, if you like symphonic metal, you should try Fairyland's latest, Score to a New Beginning. We're not so bad :)
Symphonic metal? *groans*

OK, I quite like Therion, but I like my metal how I like my coal: doomier and blacker than the blackest depths of the abyss.
I like Fairyland, I remember listening to your music ages ago. So... Anyone into thrash? I discovered I'm related by marriage to a thrash metal band. ^_^

Git

Post by Git »

http://normblog.typepad.com/normblog/20 ... hands.html

Its now reached NormBlog, via Jean Kazez.

Notung

Post by Notung »

rayshul wrote:If there's one positive takeaway I have from all this, it's that the FtBers have made me a lot less critical of religion. When atheists hit the screamy extreme of the baboons, it puts everything into perspective. It's fucked up crazy dogma that's the real problem, fundamentalist religion is just the most popular and visible expression of it.
Yes - same for me. I used to be a fan of Pharyngula, but now I think back to all those times when PZ was probably just being unfair to someone, and I was buying it because I didn't think to look what the other side had to say.

Heintje

Post by Heintje »

IMO, Dr. Hall's action can be interpreted charitably (by non-residents of Baboonistan) as a demonstration of support for DJ, rather than an attack on Orwellia. But, hey, why be charitable when she can bend it in service of her victimhood narrative.

Heintje

Post by Heintje »

Hi Notung, glad to see you posting here again. Thank you very much for indefatiguably confronting misinformation spread anywhere by the baboons, their sycophants, and/or opportunistic outsiders whose agenda is to discredit the non-believers community.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Notung wrote:
rayshul wrote:If there's one positive takeaway I have from all this, it's that the FtBers have made me a lot less critical of religion. When atheists hit the screamy extreme of the baboons, it puts everything into perspective. It's fucked up crazy dogma that's the real problem, fundamentalist religion is just the most popular and visible expression of it.
Yes - same for me. I used to be a fan of Pharyngula, but now I think back to all those times when PZ was probably just being unfair to someone, and I was buying it because I didn't think to look what the other side had to say.
Yeah. It's a bit of a reality check, isn't it? And I'm still like... once I was a totally unthinking baboon like the rest of them. It took a moment of absolute fucking irrationality - like, the absolute craziest faux-feminist shit (and I'm sure I only realised this because I was raised by pretty hardcore feminists) - to make me realise that. I'm just as susceptible to the lure of bullying or groupthink as everyone else. I dunno, feels like an important lesson to learn.

QUESTION EVERYTHING.

NEVER JOIN GANGS.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

rayshul yay wrote:They're fucking morons. I don't know how the rest of the Slimepitters are able to engage with them, how you can attempt to talk rationally about these issues when they're barfing up this junk. I recognise that yes, this is the best thing to do and the best way to approach things, even after they've attacked women online, attempted character assassination, tried to get women kicked out of skeptic events and tried to fuck women's professional lives... but fuck, guys. I'm like amazed at your patience. You're a bunch of angels, I swear. :D

If there's one positive takeaway I have from all this, it's that the FtBers have made me a lot less critical of religion. When atheists hit the screamy extreme of the baboons, it puts everything into perspective. It's fucked up crazy dogma that's the real problem, fundamentalist religion is just the most popular and visible expression of it.
One of my favorite podcasts (now defunct for the second time) is Dogma Free America. Their tag line "Dogma Makes You Crazy" is perfect. They did address one aspect of this whole affair - I forget which part, maybe elevatorgate, once, then left it alone, but it was clear they were not on the side of Watson et al.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Guest wrote:I was banned at butterfliesandwheels for simple, polite, disagreement. My comment was:
Her response:

Yep - tactics taken whole hog from the IDiots at the Discovery Institutes blog (UD). Anything to try to control the narrative and protect/insulate themselves from dissent.

James Onen

Post by James Onen »

Heintje wrote:
Clearly her thinking (and her fellow nutjobs') goes like this: "Without anti-harassment policy from the organizers, how could you expect people to behave decently at conferences!!!111!"

Which to me, sounds awfully like: "Without moral laws from god, how could you be a moral human being!!!111"
Yes indeed.

KarlVonMox

Post by KarlVonMox »

IMO, Dr. Hall's action can be interpreted charitably (by non-residents of Baboonistan) as a demonstration of support for DJ, rather than an attack on Orwellia. But, hey, why be charitable when she can bend it in service of her victimhood narrative.
Parallel logic!

Seriously, when it comes to faux victimization and outright distortion of what any dissenter has to say, Ophelia might just be the worst offender on the entire FfTB network. Its so transparently obvious how full of shit she is. How does anyone take her seriously?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

KarlVonMox wrote:
Parallel logic!

Seriously, when it comes to faux victimization and outright distortion of what any dissenter has to say, Ophelia might just be the worst offender on the entire FfTB network. Its so transparently obvious how full of shit she is. How does anyone take her seriously?
Still surprised she hasn't banned the entire world for not speaking proper Ophelia-speak (the dictionary, of course, is always changing...).

Actually, what I was honestly surprised about with her is that I only realised a few days ago that she isn't a twenty year old college hipster who got like, Totally Into Social Issues Like Seriously and is enjoying the free coffee in the campus's Wymyns Room.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I haven't dealt with hank before, So this is my response to him calling slymepitters "warriors of wrongness", in case it gets black holed.

See this. This is what's wrong. We atheists do not want or need your religion, that does not make us warriors of evil.

We do not need saved, nor do we need redemtion, we are quite happy being free of dogma, and would ask each and every one of you to examine your belief system and if you are incapable of doing so and require it to lead a happy life, then fine. But do not impose your beliefs upon us, do not attempt to legislate us into your theocracy, and keep your sacred cows away from us and critical discourse, or they will gett the due slaughtering they deserve.

Many thanks for the polite conversation.

This isnt in my post: Now to add that Hank, i doubt you've ever actually visited the slymepit, i know that because you have spouted large about it, and mischaracterised it, therefore you sir are a twat. Yes a fucking twat, who buys whatever bullshit narrative is fed to you, you sir and your fucked up nonthinking skills are the reason that governments get to sell you an enemy a day. Knobhead (just to rebalance the gender slurs to ensure im not accused of being sexist).

Notung

Post by Notung »

From here:
Audley Z Darkheart on Pharyngula wrote:this argument of “I don’t wanna ask for a hug! Wah!” is at best derailing from the real issue (harassment) and at worst the mark of someone who also doesn’t hear the word “no”.

In other words, bitchez ain’t shit.

*girds loins for upcoming onslaught of whiney d00dz*
I want to know how she got from "I don't want to ask for a hug" to "bitchez ain't shit".

Also - Greta is saying that consent is important. I agree. Everyone agrees - that's why it seems so obvious - because nobody is complaining about having to get consent!

The American Atheists' policy explicitly says that you must "ask first" for a hug. That implies a verbal communication, and that is what some people think is problematic - not the fact that you need to seek consent first! If it's so obvious that you need consent that the AA doesn't have to spell it out, then why bother with the policy at all?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Notung wrote:From here:
Audley Z Darkheart on Pharyngula wrote:this argument of “I don’t wanna ask for a hug! Wah!” is at best derailing from the real issue (harassment) and at worst the mark of someone who also doesn’t hear the word “no”.

In other words, bitchez ain’t shit.

*girds loins for upcoming onslaught of whiney d00dz*
I want to know how she got from "I don't want to ask for a hug" to "bitchez ain't shit".

Also - Greta is saying that consent is important. I agree. Everyone agrees - that's why it seems so obvious - because nobody is complaining about having to get consent!

The American Atheists' policy explicitly says that you must "ask first" for a hug. That implies a verbal communication, and that is what some people think is problematic - not the fact that you need to seek consent first! If it's so obvious that you need consent that the AA doesn't have to spell it out, then why bother with the policy at all?
What's the deal with that "hug" thing? If you are badly in need of a hug, a close friend or family member will provide it. Hugging strangers for the sake of huggin, like those "free hug" campains, is pertty stupid, IMO. I get hugs all the time, and no consent is demanded prior to said hug. It's always spontaneous (with the exeption of a few awkward people asking if they can hug me before doing so).

Anyway, and to go with my usual rant, this seems to be a completly USAian problem. When I lived in Florida, I used to hang out with very nice people, nothing like the stereotypical you meet online. I also my share of nutjobs (mostly religious) while living there. Things happened to me in Florida that would be impossible to imagining happening to me in France. I think I really live in a different world than the FC5 (6) in many regards.

KarlVonMox

Post by KarlVonMox »

Of course, and yet these whiny faux feminists still complain about asking for consent only in the "right context". Or something. Really, its always been unclear what their argument is. Take the Elevatorgate incident. Under any of these new harassment policies this still cannot be considered harassment, unless we're going to include asking to meet for coffee under "unwanted sexual attention". So how are these policies going to solve the stated problem again?

It seems to be "dont hit on anyone unless the situation meets x/y/z criteria", but these criteria are never defined since it always varies from individual to individual. They dwell on vagueness and imprecision, and the horde is too stupid to figure this out.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Cool post on WEIT.

http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpre ... ure-13.png

Love this commwnt at the end:
I wonder if this now officially qualifies him to be a Gender Traitorâ„¢.
Yet another nice swipe from JAC - I think he gets it.

Also read the first couple of comments.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Za-zen doth declareth that richard dawkins rocks and is the coolest fish in the sea. Does this mean he can trademark thst silly fish badge all the xtians run around with, as a dawkins symbol (tm) what would make that even better is if he used the profits from the sales to save the fish from the fisher[men,wymyn,transitioning, without gender through smoking too much fucking weed]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Argh, test test, you bastards. What have you done to me? I registered!!! Don't you realize what you've done to my sworn off of forums forevers? Just for that, take this! Some really goofy Canadian comedy.

Just like Watson, this guy makes videos about all the *sniff sniff weep* bad things people say to him, but he does it without it turning into a Twatson.

[youtube]AGDQYy9_gZI[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Lol sn, it was only a matter of time, seems like its all in this thread now anyway!

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Git wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Git wrote: Fuck that, everyone here is getting proper hearty bear-hug-style pats-on-the-backs! The sort that would make an Aussie proud.
We've been through this already. Don't come fucking near me.
Ha. You and the rest of the non-huggers can go stand in the corner and awkwardly stare at each other's feet. :D
I'm a hugger type, however apart from the non-hugger types on here, I do not hug hurtful bullies.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

There is this nutters post at the washingtonpost

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... l?ctab=all_

*ahem*

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Za-zen wrote:Lol sn, it was only a matter of time, seems like its all in this thread now anyway!
I really like that it's in one thread. That fixes what may be the most annoying forum thing for me, the cycle of having to keep going back to the front page to check where new ones might be.

franc

Post by franc »

Heintje wrote:Clearly her thinking (and her fellow nutjobs') goes like this: "Without anti-harassment policy from the organizers, how could you expect people to behave decently at conferences!!!111!"

Tweet size version, with 3 characters spare, for whoever wants to indulge -
"Without anti-harassment policy, people can't behave decently at confs" "Without the bible, people can't be moral" Difference? #FTBullies

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Za-zen wrote:Za-zen doth declareth that richard dawkins rocks and is the coolest fish in the sea. Does this mean he can trademark thst silly fish badge all the xtians run around with, as a dawkins symbol (tm) what would make that even better is if he used the profits from the sales to save the fish from the fisher[men,wymyn,transitioning, without gender through smoking too much fucking weed]
Probably a fish symbol with RDF in it would work (on multiple levels). Plus, any profits could go to be put to good use by the foundation. I'm actually a bit surprised if this hasn't already been done.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The FC5's attacks are becoming more and more desperate. I knew Harriet Hall's T-shirt would send the Baboons over the edge, and result in a co-ordinated attack on her via numberous blogs. Notice how they always attack as a gang!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Anyone else see the howling hypocrisy in the title of Ophelia's latest thread:

Personal attacks on prominent female skeptics for discussing harassment

:roll:

They still don't quite geddit do they? They don't understand why they are known as #FTBullies.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

As I've stated before on the Original ERV thread, I've offered my services as French translator and music composer Pro Bono to the RDF. I will extend this offer to whoever needs my services around here.

The FC5 are done, I think. No rational person is taking them seriously anymore.

Oh Hai SN! we corrupted you to the ways of the Forum, didn't we...

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh Hai SN! we corrupted you to the ways of the Forum, didn't we...
Yes, you evil people. Even with the repelling forces of forums being forums, I couldn't stay away. Grrrr. I know you're all evil, cuz I am too, but really, getting me to start posting in forums again, is an act so evil, that it's more evil than evil! http://www.scentednectar.com/sneerfacto ... sad-07.gif

Hi Sacha, not sure what thread you said hi on, but looks like I'll be following this one. http://www.scentednectar.com/sneerfacto ... ile-01.gif

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Badger3k wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Za-zen doth declareth that richard dawkins rocks and is the coolest fish in the sea. Does this mean he can trademark thst silly fish badge all the xtians run around with, as a dawkins symbol (tm) what would make that even better is if he used the profits from the sales to save the fish from the fisher[men,wymyn,transitioning, without gender through smoking too much fucking weed]
Probably a fish symbol with RDF in it would work (on multiple levels). Plus, any profits could go to be put to good use by the foundation. I'm actually a bit surprised if this hasn't already been done.
It has:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7561 ... 07b1_s.jpg

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Scented Nectar wrote:Argh, test test, you bastards. What have you done to me? I registered!!! Don't you realize what you've done to my sworn off of forums forevers? Just for that, take this! Some really goofy Canadian comedy.
I had to grit my teeth and bear it too Provided everything pertinent stays on one thread, I think I can bear it eh?

Just like Watson, this guy makes videos about all the *sniff sniff weep* bad things people say to him, but he does it without it turning into a Twatson.

{video removed}
This is hilarious! Nice find. The trolls are everywhere on the INTRAWEBZ *dude*. It's just some of us are better at monetizing that than others eh?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

rayshul:
If there's one positive takeaway I have from all this, it's that the FtBers have made me a lot less critical of religion.
Religion, or the religious? I'm certainly as critical of religion as I ever was. It's possible to be irreverent without malice and recent events have woken me up to how far towards the latter I had moved, and how guilty I was of tacit support for Baboon style hellfire and damnation atheism. Maybe this is something the Gnu movement needs to go through. Maybe it has served as a wake up call and something more mature will emerge from it. I'm not a fan of accommodationism,especially as practised by Mooney, Matzke and Ruse, but more of a strong critique of religion without blanket condemnation of the religious.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Given what Abbie has said about how NatGeo pays bloggers, I have decided not to visit PZ on NatGeo at all. I somehow suspect the only money PZ gets from fFTB is from click throughs on the ads that appear on that site, have I missed anything here? Do we need a designated blogger? I really despise the idea that these people would receive anything for me visiting them.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh Hai SN! we corrupted you to the ways of the Forum, didn't we...
Yes, you evil people. Even with the repelling forces of forums being forums, I couldn't stay away. Grrrr. I know you're all evil, cuz I am too, but really, getting me to start posting in forums again, is an act so evil, that it's more evil than evil! http://www.scentednectar.com/sneerfacto ... sad-07.gif
Let me know if you feel you're getting in too deep and I'll ban you :-)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Lsuoma wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Let me know if you feel you're getting in too deep and I'll ban you :-)
I know it was a joke, but if anyone ever gets banned from here for no actual valid reason, you will have to count me out of the posters. Let the Periodic thread live and breath by itself.

/mood killer

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Thunder is going at them again on his blog. What interests me is at the tail of it. Copyright bs to stiffle debate, that tactic does not surprise me in the slightest, fftb have zero integrity, but i'm looking forward to whT underhand anti intellectual bs they have pulled now.

Philip1978

Post by Philip1978 »

James Onen wrote:More on Coffeegate:
I've found some more information on the ridiculous shitstorm that has been raging for well over a year now and I'd like to add some views of my own

This article shows Elevatorgate in better light and this article sums up what is happening to Paula Kirby right now.

I've read a heck of a lot about this and I've come to the conclusion that the likes of Rebecca Watson and PZ are indeed wrong about not only their conclusions of the events but also in their approach to discussing it. What worries me even more is that, in disagreeing with them, I could get the same treatment as others have - but thankfully Tea Fuelled Madness is far too under the radar.

But still.

Really?

Is this who the sceptical community really are?
http://teafueledmadness.blogspot.com/20 ... egate.html

Now above the radar :twisted:
You rotter - I'll have Rebecca Watson chasing me now with harassment charges! :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I know it was a joke, but if anyone ever gets banned from here for no actual valid reason, you will have to count me out of the posters. Let the Periodic thread live and breath by itself.

/mood killer
Jeez, Phil - the rule here is that NOBODY gets banned except for spamming. This is Abbie Redux, OK? Lighten up...

(Oh, and in case anyone accuses me of obscuring the quotes by deleting the inner ones, the forum currently restricts to nesting three deep. I'll see if I can fix.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote: (Oh, and in case anyone accuses me of obscuring the quotes by deleting the inner ones, the forum currently restricts to nesting three deep. I'll see if I can fix.
Now five.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Lsuoma wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I know it was a joke, but if anyone ever gets banned from here for no actual valid reason, you will have to count me out of the posters. Let the Periodic thread live and breath by itself.

/mood killer
Jeez, Phil - the rule here is that NOBODY gets banned except for spamming. This is Abbie Redux, OK? Lighten up...

(Oh, and in case anyone accuses me of obscuring the quotes by deleting the inner ones, the forum currently restricts to nesting three deep. I'll see if I can fix.
I saw it as a joke but considering how new this new pad is, and the behaviour of some of the fftb, I could see how it could upset people. I think we all learned something. Anyway, let's move on shall we? *ahem*

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dilurk wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

/mood killer

I saw it as a joke but considering how new this new pad is, and the behaviour of some of the fftb, I could see how it could upset people. I think we all learned something. Anyway, let's move on shall we? *ahem*
Roger that.