Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
Za-zen

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by Za-zen »

Salut Louis

Would still have liked to have seen evidence for your assertion that thunderfoot is a sexist. Ah well, i guess we are just left with "baboons ways of knowing" these things. Don't touch the peanuts at the door.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Scented Nectar wrote:They don't have an old copy of the heart pain article though, but who cares.
Glad you got the EG comments.

I found the other comments BTW - they don't call me 'the greatest person in the world' for nothing: http://web.archive.org/web/201008290601 ... y_save.php

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

From the Vegan thread on A+ Kassiane says:
have decided anyone who tries to tell me to reduce my meat intake can go fuck themselves.
Bizarre that a group which tries so very very hard not to hurt the special snowflakes' feelings, tries so hard to be incredibly politically correct, even goes to the lengths to put trigger warnings on tiny emoticons in case someone gets traumatised by pollen or moving images... tolerates, even endorses responses like the above.

"Anyone who tries to tell me"... if you even TRY ...
"to reduce my meat intake" ... not give up meat completely, not become a vegan, simply suggest to this person that maybe they should reduce their meat intake...
"can go fuck themselves" ... what, no trigger warning for rape?

JayTeeAitch

Re: utterly non negotiable

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Apples wrote:Y U R WIPING KASSIANE'S ASS RONG AGAIN?

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3720

...snipped > viewtopic.php?p=53637#p53637

And the lulz continue from there.
No continuation necessary when you already have this piece of lulz right there:
-no elaborate prep, as I get confused & then pass out before I eat the food.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Za-zen wrote:Salut Louis

Would still have liked to have seen evidence for your assertion that thunderfoot is a sexist. Ah well, i guess we are just left with "baboons ways of knowing" these things. Don't touch the peanuts at the door.

We don't let you go away empty-handed Louis. You win one of the SlymePit play at home sets:

[spoiler][youtube]swPgpNx5NaI[/youtube][/spoiler]

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

I can't image this post will last long:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3730
I was wondering about "fuck you" - to me it seems to fairly obviously connote sexual violence and so be something that should be avoided. See here for a page on 'rape language' which includes that view (trigger warning for 'rape language'):
http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/rape003.htm

But FU is used quite a lot on this forum, by those who presumably support avoiding other obviously problematic expressions. PZ Myers uses it a lot too. So, what is the rationale for its being OK? Do others feel similarly uncomfortable with its prevalence?

welch

Post by welch »

Louis wrote:Dear 'pitters,

Sorry to be such a useless old fart, but I'm going to have to bow out. I know, I know, what a tool. My bad I'm afraid, I haven't the time to do an effective job of being the "lone voice" against the "mob" (not that I'm a lone voice and you're a mob, but you know what I mean). I am afflicted with SIWOTI syndrome too badly not to want to right every damned wrong I see, and I haven't the time for that sort of investment. It might be easier without all the attempts at "gotcha" and playground grabass, but let's be blunt, that occurs everywhere, it's not you lot particularly. Cheers for the opportunity though.

I'll do my bit of the bargain, i.e. I'll check before I believe you're all a bunch of evil whassnames (which let's be blunt I did anyway), and you do your bit. Au revoir.

Louis
Translation:

"You didn't all properly kiss my ass and hail my wisdom."

Pity, i thought you'd last longer. Or at least attempt to provide evidence for your claims, since that is so very, very important to you. Oh well.

bets on how long it takes for the first comment at Pharyngula detailing his attempt to treat openly and honestly with the savages, but was angrily rejected at every turn, in spite of his benighted attempts?

Extra points if he brings up how he wasn't allowed to present evidence for his claims, and if we'd just been nicer, he'd have done so, and then we'd have been told.

Also, thanks for proving my theory that you never intended to engage, dialogue or otherwise communicate in any fashion other than the one you'd decided on before you got here. Adios pendejo.

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

Ah yes, before I forget

Louis

Here is how I understand it - if I were to accuse Thunderf00t of sexism or shark jumping, I'd better have some pretty convincing evidence to back up what I say or I'd look a bit foolish

I'd produce a lilnk to things that I thought Thunderf00t was being a sexist naughty boy, I'd actually bother to explain my examples - wouldn't take long to explain why I thought that way.

If I screwed up, if my evidence was not as good as I thought it was, I'd apologise - I did that to PZ on my blog recently, I made it out that he had deliberately changed a thread that he had promised not to moderated. I should have checked my facts first cos it was Ophelia who had done it.

I'd like to hope that you could either a) produce this evidence of yours that Thunderf00t was being sexist - his reply back to you was pretty damn good to be honest, he provided links to things which backed up his opinion - or b) at least say sorry to Thundef00t for accusing him of something he is clearly not

The other thing is, do you notice that you haven't been banned here?

I wonder how long it would have been on FtB before someone on their righteous horse told you to stop telling fibs or else the BAN HAMMER would be thrown at you.

I'd suggst you at least think about that when next posting on the FtB

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Sorry to be such a useless old fart, but I'm going to have to bow out. I know, I know, what a tool. My bad I'm afraid, I haven't the time to do an effective job of being the "lone voice" against the "mob" (not that I'm a lone voice and you're a mob, but you know what I mean). I am afflicted with SIWOTI syndrome too badly not to want to right every damned wrong I see, and I haven't the time for that sort of investment. It might be easier without all the attempts at "gotcha" and playground grabass, but let's be blunt, that occurs everywhere, it's not you lot particularly. Cheers for the opportunity though.

I'll do my bit of the bargain, i.e. I'll check before I believe you're all a bunch of evil whassnames (which let's be blunt I did anyway), and you do your bit. Au revoir.

Louis
I think you're a prat and you owe Thunderf00t an apology and an acknowledgement you slandered him.

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara »

"You could ask her if she likes fluffy baby bunnies and it would be interpreted as a threat to kill her with high velocity bunny cannon."

More likely it would be interpreted as a threat to unleash the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. That rabbit's dynamite!

Also, if putting women to death for their beliefs would be a sign of respect among equals, shouldn't she be proud of her, uh, threats?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

No need to fear we have a hero riding to batshitbensons aid, to defend her from that horrible woman hater vicky caramel threatening to kneecap her. He's attempted to silence her tweets.
@bjarteSF
@OpheliaBenson I reported the person. Probably useless, but worth a try.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

screencap.jpg
(80.55 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
Why am I not surprised?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Cupid Stunt wrote:high velocity bunny cannon.
*WANT*
Phil - the leak in your French chemical factory in Rouen has pretty much stunk out the whole south coast of England with the distinct odour of burning oil crossed with rotten eggs. I can smell it right now. I wouldn't ordinarily complain, but my town is one of the few which isn't blessed with a Lush soap shop, which have a habit of making stinky towns smell nice.

Owing to the joys of baboon logic, I can safely hold you personally responsible for this, considering the Gallic company you keep. So thanks for that, Phil.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Ape+lust wrote:
Cupid Stunt wrote:You are talking to a person that can ,if it suits her, wilfully misconstrue a simple "good Morning" as a clear intent to commit genocide...
http://i.imgur.com/CT8q3I1.jpg
and PZ makes an appearance in the section below... unless mumbling is a euphemism for 'wanking' in which case mebbe it's mc'reight's friend.

Apples

squiller = doubleplusgood

Post by Apples »

Thanks for the police report, Ape Lust. Hello Man must be stopped! Guys, don't do that.

In the last third of the comments in PZ's "Natalie Reed's Peaches Have Been Frozen" thread, you can find one of the more heroic stands against idiocy you will ever see in the 'Gulag. A big round of applause and a slymy internet is awarded to squiller, who made more sense in a few dozen comments than PZ has in the last two years. True grit and grace under pressure. And extra points for making one commenter "cry and shake" and another flee to Thunderdome for reinforcements.

Eventually banned by PZ, who called him a "hyperventilating misogynist nincompoop" -- which means you can be pretty sure he is none of those things.

As in one of NoelPlum's encounters there, squiller found himself in a back-and-forth with the Nerd of Redhead-bot in which the Nerd was dementedly demanding EVIDENCE for the fact that squiller actually holds the opinions that he .... erm ... holds.

Turd of Redhead, whom even fellow Pharyngulosers have been noting has been getting a bit senile and repetitive, was in particularly fine form, with at least half a dozen slight variations of his usual squawk: "Your OPINION is *POOF* dismissed as misogynist fuckwittery. Which it is loser. Why do you think your OPINION trumps facts" He reminds me of Joe Gallien of Uncommon Descent infamy.
squiller wrote:Nerd, you funny little person, when it comes to me, I am the fucking authority. Or do a need a fucking CITATION to tell you what I think, you irritating little prat. I know what I think, I know what the people I associate with online think, and it usually bears very little relation to what PZ Myers or his friends insist that I think or say. So fester in your insular little goldfish bowl here and pop up to regurgitate cliches as much as you want. You’re about as challenging as a rice crispie, or a cupcake for that matter.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments
http://www.freezepage.com/1358873660JRZNBIKPNK

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Polterguest wrote:
Ophelia Benson wrote:Morning cleanup of threats from total strangers. Do I prefer kneecapping or acid in the face? Why do you ask?

Dishonest. They're not threatening to kneecap her. They're asking why she's fine with her mates threatening others with kneecapping.
http://slymepit.com/staticimgs/acidknee.jpg

Looks like one of her drones has reported one of her drones!

another lurker

Re: squiller = doubleplusgood

Post by another lurker »

Apples wrote:Thanks for the police report, Ape Lust. Hello Man must be stopped! Guys, don't do that.

In the last third of the comments in PZ's "Natalie Reed's Peaches Have Been Frozen" thread, you can find one of the more heroic stands against idiocy you will ever see in the 'Gulag. A big round of applause and a slymy internet is awarded to squiller, who made more sense in a few dozen comments than PZ has in the last two years. True grit and grace under pressure. And extra points for making one commenter "cry and shake" and another flee to Thunderdome for reinforcements.

Eventually banned by PZ, who called him a "hyperventilating misogynist nincompoop" -- which means you can be pretty sure he is none of those things.

As in one of NoelPlum's encounters there, squiller found himself in a back-and-forth with the Nerd of Redhead-bot in which the Nerd was dementedly demanding EVIDENCE for the fact that squiller actually holds the opinions that he .... erm ... holds.

Turd of Redhead, whom even fellow Pharyngulosers have been noting has been getting a bit senile and repetitive, was in particularly fine form, with at least half a dozen slight variations of his usual squawk: "Your OPINION is *POOF* dismissed as misogynist fuckwittery. Which it is loser. Why do you think your OPINION trumps facts" He reminds me of Joe Gallien of Uncommon Descent infamy.
squiller wrote:Nerd, you funny little person, when it comes to me, I am the fucking authority. Or do a need a fucking CITATION to tell you what I think, you irritating little prat. I know what I think, I know what the people I associate with online think, and it usually bears very little relation to what PZ Myers or his friends insist that I think or say. So fester in your insular little goldfish bowl here and pop up to regurgitate cliches as much as you want. You’re about as challenging as a rice crispie, or a cupcake for that matter.
That would be pretty funny actually. Providing 'citations' for one's own opinions!

cunt

Post by cunt »

Shame about Louis I was trying to organise an informal debate about the merits of A+ with him via PM. The offer remains open if he decides to return.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Louis
you should be so bloody lucky!

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Quick update on Operation Smile: we're at $3,537.92 (71% of the goal). That's 14.74 operations or 13.61 Fugly Fluevogs!

Altair

Re: "Its not feminism. Its stupidity." - ERV

Post by Altair »

(All this quotes come from Apples post, it was just a bit complicated to keep opening and closing his quote as well as the pharyngulites').
'Tis Himself Rodney Nelson Professional Plagiarist wrote:This is the thing I’ve never quite understood. Why is there so much hatred towards women (and men who support women)? Why has Rebecca Watson had months of death and rape threats thrown at her for saying “guys, don’t do that”? Why is Ophelia threatened with having acid thrown at her? Why is Greta screamed at for buying a pair of shoes?
Funny how this professional plagiarist dude goes from "hatred towards women" to giving examples about 3 specific women. I still can't decide if they do it to be purposedly disingenous, or they truly can't tell that 3 women does not equal all women.
Darwin Harmless wrote:I’ve been wracking my brains for some way to silence the silencers, but so far that seems impossible. ...
[spoiler]It’s all enough to make me want to see the end of anonymous blogs and comments. But then we have to face the fanatical fundies who would kill us for insulting their imaginary magical buddies.

... Okay, decision made. I would give up being anonymous to put an end to this crap. Now how do we make that happen? And is it worth it in view of the fact that we’d lose people like Cuttlefish? And maybe Darwin Harmless.[/spoiler]
If you silence the silencers, aren't you becoming the thing you hated? Paging Dr. Nietzsche, paging Dr. Nietzsche :think:
dgrasett wrote:You can see the examples of this behaviour in graffiti, and in the destruction of ancient monuments in the middle east. This is what fuelled the Holocaust. I have, for years, asked myself why the killing continued when it was obvious that it was improper behaviour. ...
This guy sounds like he's 10. The answer is that people who kill are not constrained by what society or at least most of it consider "improper behaviour". That phrase makes me picture someone like the "Like a Sir" guy saying "My dear chap, it has come to my attention that you have been engaging in the massive killing and gassing of people. Perhaps you have not been informed, but that is considered most improper behaviour and is frown upon." (or something, ye elegant english is not my forte)
Gregory Greenwood wrote:And then there is the fact that we live in a highly patriarchal society that fosters the kind of toxic masculinity that sees ‘putting uppity women in their place’ as an entirely acceptable ‘manly pursuit’. The fact is that society simply doesn’t place much importance upon stopping such people from behaving in this fashion before they become violent.
Yes, let´s put those uppity women in their place. Uppity Abbie, curing HIV all day. Uppity Renee, designing web sites, and uppity SkepTickle doing healthcare stuff all day (and all the other uppity invisible pixels here whose professions I don´t know). Why aren´t we putting them in their place? Why are they doing their things and having their opinions and not being oppressed? We´re like the worst toxic males ever.
LykeX wrote:They see the world they want and understand slipping away and they’re fighting against it. They except women to be wilting flowers pining away for the rugged embrace of a Real Man and they get confused and upset when those same women decide that they don’t want to follow that script.
What Rebecca did was not to say, “don’t do that.” What she said was, “I’m not going to be the way you want me to be.” These men are very tired of being told that. They’re highly frustrated and they don’t seem to know how to deal with it gracefully or constructively.
First of all, the first part is really ironic since wilting flowers is how they see women, who need protection from t-shirts and mean words.

About the 2nd part, even taking into account that there have been a lot more incidents since EG, LykeX raises an interesting point.
She didn´t say "I'm not going to be the way you want me to be". She didn't say anything that started with I. She wants other people to do things, to change, to do the heavy lifting, to have agency (shades of Ophelia's post about Harriet Hall here). I would have actually respected her a bit more if she had said “I’m not going to be the way you want me to be.”

[spoiler]http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments
http://www.freezepage.com/1358868663GVYOPSIBKO[/spoiler]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Apples wrote:Thanks for the police report, Ape Lust. Hello Man must be stopped! Guys, don't do that.

That is some good shit. squiller your gun is too big for pzblog. Thanks for the freezepage, going to have to get a good read at the back and forth tonight.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Renee: Who gave the $0.92?

Reminds me of the old joke (the FC(n) et. al. are going to love this one!) about the couple who was short of money, so the wife went out on the game. She came back after eight hours with UKL350.50. The husband asked "Which cheap bastard gave you 50p?" and the wife replied "PZAll of them."

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Tigzy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Cupid Stunt wrote:high velocity bunny cannon.
*WANT*
Phil - the leak in your French chemical factory in Rouen has pretty much stunk out the whole south coast of England with the distinct odour of burning oil crossed with rotten eggs. I can smell it right now. I wouldn't ordinarily complain, but my town is one of the few which isn't blessed with a Lush soap shop, which have a habit of making stinky towns smell nice.

Owing to the joys of baboon logic, I can safely hold you personally responsible for this, considering the Gallic company you keep. So thanks for that, Phil.
Rouen is not in France, it's in the north!!!

(I consider any city above Avignon to be the north)

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

From the Squiller thread:
Tony the Super-Duper Queer Shoop
21 January 2013 at 10:41 pm (UTC -6) Link to this comment
squiller:

Are you incapable of accepting that Renee could be a good person?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You are hilarious.
What bullshit is she feeding you that makes you think she is a good person?

cunt

Post by cunt »

France stinks, what else is new.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Oops, hit submit too early. He goes on to say:
Renee Hendricks is a scumbag piece of shit, who diminishes the struggles of others, minimizes the pain and suffering people go through, defend the actions of her morally bankrupt SlymeBuddies, and is the opposite of empathetic.
followed by:
slanderous vitriol? Give one fucking example.
You people are hitting my goddamned last fucking nerve with your lack of care for other human beings.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

They really do struggle when it comes to someone with a contrary opinion, don't they.

I have this idea Peezee's Pharygulites like to be referred to as 'The Horde' in the same way that certain people like to be referred to as a 'Confident Person' when listening to a self-help tape.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

VickyCaramel wrote:
screencap.jpg
Why am I not surprised?
In fairness to Ophelia, if she parses twitter messages as badly as me then she'll have absolutely no fucking idea who sent the message, to whom it's addressed and what the fuck it is going on about.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Lsuoma wrote:Renee: Who gave the $0.92?

Reminds me of the old joke (the FC(n) et. al. are going to love this one!) about the couple who was short of money, so the wife went out on the game. She came back after eight hours with UKL350.50. The husband asked "Which cheap bastard gave you 50p?" and the wife replied "PZAll of them."
:D (Good joke) One donator decided to make it look less "even" and donated an odd amount on purpose.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

When reading, my inner voice automaticaly turned to "sports report" mode. Made it even better. I should do that more often.

Also, yes Louis, at least an apology to Tf00t would be a minimum, uless you can backup the accusations with evidence.

Altair

Post by Altair »

welch wrote:[spoiler]

Louis
[/spoiler]
Translation:

Pity, i thought you'd last longer. Or at least attempt to provide evidence for your claims, since that is so very, very important to you. Oh well.

bets on how long it takes for the first comment at Pharyngula detailing his attempt to treat openly and honestly with the savages, but was angrily rejected at every turn, in spite of his benighted attempts?

Extra points if he brings up how he wasn't allowed to present evidence for his claims, and if we'd just been nicer, he'd have done so, and then we'd have been told.

Also, thanks for proving my theory that you never intended to engage, dialogue or otherwise communicate in any fashion other than the one you'd decided on before you got here. Adios pendejo.
Given his first post, I think he was really expecting to be mercilessly attacked and (metaphorically) eviscerated the second he set foot inside the pit. That would have given him a lot of nice quotes to take back to pharyngula where he would be congratulated for withstanding the hate emanating from the pit.

When that didn't happen, he started using Pharyngula techniques on us, the heavy and unnecessary use of sarcasm, the vague generalities and the aversion at discussing specific situations, people or posts, and the use of insinuations that could be plausibly denied (the "side that dehumanizes women" part).
The way I see it, the long, detailed posts that both included and requested evidence instead of accepting his statements were the last thing Louis was expecting, and therefore he now flounces.

Also, bonus points for using "pendejo" :dance:

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

jjbinx007 wrote:From the Squiller thread:
squiller:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You are hilarious.

Wow! I had no idea I was a topic in all of that PZ-flunkie laden shit.

Yeah. I'm "spite" charity raising. Too funny! Never mind the fact that I've raised money for this charity as well as a few others in the past.

Oh, and the bit about me not knowing how much the Fugly Fluevogs cost? It was on Greta's fucking site, for shit's sake. These people crack me up :D

UnbelieveSteve

Re: you will drink Kassiane's piss, and you will like it.

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Apples wrote:
A window into Kassianus's approach, from her blog. She is basically the reason posting video links without a transcript or at least a detailed summary at A+ is a big no-no. And I think she's the one who needs to be protected from smilies. Hugs, on the other hand, must never be diverted ...
...and it was her post that i responded to which ultimately got me banned from A+.

For those who don't like the words cunt or retard, don't click on the spoiler.
P.S. i didn't use the word cunt.
[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/7wJ7rBc.jpg[/spoiler]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

ROFLMAO! Another priceless nugget - apparently Natalie Reed may be intimidated by *me* and my "associates". I don't think she and I have ever even chatted (I could be wrong).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

cunt wrote:France stinks, what else is new.
The sky is blue. Oh, wait, you're a Brit, you probably didn't know that...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Pffff......At least when we call PZ Myers a sexist we back it up with a video of him asking a female audience member for sex multiple times.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Pffff......At least when we call PZ Myers a sexist we back it up with a video of him asking a female audience member for sex multiple times.
Ah, don't be unfair. Peez has already said it's alright because, hey, he was only joking. Really. And besides, if she didn't like it, she should have said something.

Because, as everyone knows, real sexual harassers never use those excuses.

Altair

Post by Altair »

ReneeHendricks wrote:ROFLMAO! Another priceless nugget - apparently Natalie Reed may be intimidated by *me* and my "associates". I don't think she and I have ever even chatted (I could be wrong).
That part about your "associates" makes me picture you like the Robot Godfather, having your associates beat up anyone who doesn't obey the mob.

http://bit.ly/WpZzf5

mordacious1

Re: Bunny Cannon

Post by mordacious1 »

I once shot a bunny cannon at Ophelia, but missed her by a hare.

Ophie dialing police in 4,3,2,...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:From the Squiller thread:
squiller:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You are hilarious.

Wow! I had no idea I was a topic in all of that PZ-flunkie laden shit.

Yeah. I'm "spite" charity raising. Too funny! Never mind the fact that I've raised money for this charity as well as a few others in the past.

Oh, and the bit about me not knowing how much the Fugly Fluevogs cost? It was on Greta's fucking site, for shit's sake. These people crack me up :D
Tony gives us Tony's a bad name. I am 98% certain that cunt is a Poe.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Apples wrote:[spoiler]Thanks for the police report, Ape Lust. Hello Man must be stopped! Guys, don't do that.

[/spoiler]
Thanks Apples! These are great! :lol: We had stevecarr the other day and now squiller! Good job to them!

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Altair wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:ROFLMAO! Another priceless nugget - apparently Natalie Reed may be intimidated by *me* and my "associates". I don't think she and I have ever even chatted (I could be wrong).
That part about your "associates" makes me picture you like the Robot Godfather, having your associates beat up anyone who doesn't obey the mob.

http://bit.ly/WpZzf5
LOL Yeah, that's *totally* me :D

Cupid Stunt

Post by Cupid Stunt »

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

HoneyWagon wrote:http://i.imgur.com/cWxDtY7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9gsKuFF.jpg

Plan ahead Vacula. Preemptively communicate with Melody's boss before you are painted as a total rage-filled woman hater.
If you want to push back against Slocum’s banhammer bandwagon, Ron's e-mail is rlindsay [at] centerforinquiry [dot] net.

I've already written him expressing my concerns, but a couple dozen more e-mails wouldn't hurt.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:I see Phil is lying low after inviting his friend to look down upon us from on high and deliver his wisdom on tablets of stone that we may gaze on them in awe.
Is Phil on another two-glasses-of-Baileys bender or is he just embarassed?
Neither embarassed nor drunk (I've stopped drinking again. It's an on-and-off thing).

I'm still catching up on a shitload of pages I've missed these last couple of days. I am not going to engage Louis on any of these subject, since we agreed to disagree quite some time ago, and I have nothing really new to contribute.

I have to admit that, knowing Louis as a friend I read those exchanges between Louis and the Pitters in a different light than usual, being (most probably unconsciously) more charitable with regard to his posts than I would otherwise be. In other words, I am biased. It doesn't mean I don't think some of the things Louis says are ignorant, bloody stupid, or just plain full of shit, but I prefer to read the interactions he has with other Pitters. No need for me to cluster the talk anymore than it already is.

So you guys can think all you want about Louis' character in light of his excursion here, but I will stand by what I previously said about him. I don't know, maybe you should have known him for as long as I have (since 2008 AE's AtBC) to get where he's coming from. What some of you might consider pompousness and smug patronizing, I've seen from being on his side of the argument, and it never bothered me at the time. It was efficient against IDists and creationists, and most of all it was entertaining and funny. I still read him like that, even on those issues where we strongly disagree. And I guess maybe that's what's going on with him WRT Myers.

Now, to be frank, nothing he says could sway my opinion of Myers and the most obnoxious commenters at Pharyngula. But to be franker, this is not exactly why I was hoping he'd come here in the first place.

Anyway, lot's of catch-up to do now...
Obviously we make friends based on all kinds of factors, very few of which have to do with our stance on blog wars. Maybe, if we'd clicked a different link a year or two back, some of us would be where Louis is now. Maybe Louis is a dickhead, but that's not necessarily a reason not to befriend someone.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I just noticed Caine Fleur du mal's Wimmen Power avatar is a gnu getting fisted. Goatse+

http://i.imgur.com/gnXl9A6.png

comslave

Re: Kneecap Knickerphorius

Post by comslave »

Michael K Gray wrote:Is this it?
201301122148-Nikephorius-Kneecap2.png
(The original is 2x that resolution.)

Which is why you use Tor if you're going to deal with these idiots.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Za-zen wrote:Can somebody with the capabilities screencap @nikephorious' willingness to kneecap people for Benson. First off she doesn't call it out, but offers an alternative! Secondly he later claims to be a lawyer! That is one guy who is obviously thick as fuck, since he seems to be in Scotland, and that one tweet could possibly get him disbarred.

For those who don't know "kneecapping" is where you use a hammer or a weapon to destroy someones kneecap. Most commonly ssociated with punishment beatings in N.Ireland, where it was routinely dished out by paramilitaries to people who fucked with them, or generally who they didn't like.

I'm N.Irish, from the estates, grew up with the violence, knew people who were whacked, was politically involved myself, and would most heartedly welcome this scottish wankers attempt to kneecap me, the bravado of such a middle class wanke! Douchewad.
Or power drills, I'm told. Do you think it's true that much of the small-scale violence was about the drug trade? I've also heard that the 2 sides would engage in tit-for-tat attacks when things got too quiet because they were profiting from the ongoing violence. Myth?

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Does anyone consider, that the dribbling coterie of virtual tourette sufferers at FtB may actually just be pseudonyms for the bloggers at FtB, that they are deliberately being hostile in comments in order that people attempt to defend themselves and therefore produce more hits.

At this point I genuinely wonder if a large majority of hits and comments are not coming from those here. Are you feeding what you hate rather than letting it starve? I'm not saying this is the case, but would it surprise anyone?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

For those who are interested,

Halfish is in trouble with Canadian feminists:

http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blo ... mment-form

lulz

welch

Post by welch »

Altair wrote:
welch wrote:[spoiler]

Louis
[/spoiler]
Translation:

Given his first post, I think he was really expecting to be mercilessly attacked and (metaphorically) eviscerated the second he set foot inside the pit. That would have given him a lot of nice quotes to take back to pharyngula where he would be congratulated for withstanding the hate emanating from the pit.

When that didn't happen, he started using Pharyngula techniques on us, the heavy and unnecessary use of sarcasm, the vague generalities and the aversion at discussing specific situations, people or posts, and the use of insinuations that could be plausibly denied (the "side that dehumanizes women" part).
The way I see it, the long, detailed posts that both included and requested evidence instead of accepting his statements were the last thing Louis was expecting, and therefore he now flounces.

Also, bonus points for using "pendejo" :dance:
Hee. Growing up in Miami gives one a marvelously multilingual cache of profanity.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

SubMor wrote:Nice job labeling the people you disagree with "Orwellian." Again. Apparently hyperbole sells. False analogies aren't very good skepticism, though. (link: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 723#p65662)
He's talking about something Michael Shermer said, btw. Let's look at what Shermer said:
Michael Shermer wrote:As Harvard University psychologist Steven Pinker documents in his 2002 book The Blank Slate (Viking), belief in the mind as a tabula rasa shaped almost entirely by culture has been mostly the mantra of liberal intellectuals, who in the 1980s and 1990s led an all-out assault against evolutionary psychology via such Orwellian-named far-left groups as Science for the People, for proffering the now uncontroversial idea that human thought and behavior are at least partially the result of our evolutionary past. (link: http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... on-science)
Way to twist the facts, SubMor. "These people are orwellian" != "This group has an orwellian name".

(oh look, I just made an OB-style blog post in about 3 minutes! Someone pay me!)

welch

Post by welch »

Richard Dworkins wrote:Does anyone consider, that the dribbling coterie of virtual tourette sufferers at FtB may actually just be pseudonyms for the bloggers at FtB, that they are deliberately being hostile in comments in order that people attempt to defend themselves and therefore produce more hits.

At this point I genuinely wonder if a large majority of hits and comments are not coming from those here. Are you feeding what you hate rather than letting it starve? I'm not saying this is the case, but would it surprise anyone?
I comment there rarely, and only on sites where I'm not banned. SO that's...justin griffith, Aron Ra, and that avicienne dude. But I use my real name, and tend not to sit around hitting refresh.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

another lurker wrote:For those who are interested,

Halfish is in trouble with Canadian feminists:

http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blo ... mment-form

lulz
this blogger is wagging his phallic substitute at the women who originated the name of Idle No More...
Half-fish: 'Why do you assume that I'm a man?'
Response: 'Because it says at the top of your blog, 'He was a shark in a past life.'

:lol:

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

welch wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:Does anyone consider, that the dribbling coterie of virtual tourette sufferers at FtB may actually just be pseudonyms for the bloggers at FtB, that they are deliberately being hostile in comments in order that people attempt to defend themselves and therefore produce more hits.

I comment there rarely, and only on sites where I'm not banned. SO that's...justin griffith, Aron Ra, and that avicienne dude. But I use my real name, and tend not to sit around hitting refresh.
Yes and I did like your blog regarding N.M.D's, however it does seem they do get a lot of hits from people here and I wonder, if everyone just stopped, just for a week or so, what bullshit they'd pull over at FtB for hits. Not that that is likely to happen given just how deliciously funny some of it is.

Still trifles light as air etc.

Chilly P.

Post by Chilly P. »

Ape+lust wrote:
Cupid Stunt wrote:You are talking to a person that can ,if it suits her, wilfully misconstrue a simple "good Morning" as a clear intent to commit genocide...
http://i.imgur.com/CT8q3I1.jpg
Gotta be Boston.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Za-zen wrote:Yay Melody, you are obviously an impartial, objective, leader who can be trusted to not let her personal shit/hate and whackybacky dogma interfere with your professional role. I wouldn't trust you to organise sand castle building for five year olds
To be fair, she is has avoided making any judgements in that exchange.

soldierwhy

Post by soldierwhy »

Tigzy wrote: I have this idea Peezee's Pharygulites like to be referred to as 'The Horde' in the same way that certain people like to be referred to as a 'Confident Person' when listening to a self-help tape.
Put me in mind of this:

[spoiler]http://labyrinthlibrary.files.wordpress ... -horde.jpg[/spoiler]

Not that I am comparing them to the actual Horde, Cohen actually kicks ass!

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

A promotional spot for my upcoming radio show...

[youtube]rj9bQAJfy5M[/youtube]