Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
Sulaco

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by Sulaco »

Oh bless your heart PZ. I'm really just laughing at all you progressive nut bags.

Everything in the last few days from: being called a professional victims is the epitome of a personal attack, the secret A+ forum, whatever the fuck Benson is on, to just general freak outs has been a refreshing bit of hilarity from problems that actually occur in the world.

Thank you for the humor!

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oh fuck me, somebody give this a dramatic reading please. Something with a bit of Beethoven in the background.
[youtube]C6ZDsUGiGqM[/youtube]
Courtesy of Bhoytony.
I may have to learn this shit myself. I'm not sure how you would mix background music with a voice recording without some fancy software. Any suggestions anyone?
I learnt this since you asked.

I also learnt how to do Youtube. I think.

I am now staying up to let it upload. Will bbs.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Thanks to Vicky for the laugh - and my latest sig. ;)

By the way, do you want a change to the title of this thread? It's meant in good fun, obviously, but you sounded ambivalent about it on your blog.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

welch wrote:
justinvacula wrote:[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/KuKDvfs.jpg[/spoiler]
Someone needs a hug
big hugs.jpg
(40.63 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Pitchguest wrote:Thanks to Vicky for the laugh - and my latest sig. ;)

By the way, do you want a change to the title of this thread? It's meant in good fun, obviously, but you sounded ambivalent about it on your blog.
I'm not ambivalent, I am very honoured to sponsor this orgy. It's just that I have contributed fuck all to this site apart from boobs. If my boobs offend 'them' then I'm very glad to contribute. But I don't want to attention-whore up your forum either and offend people here.

You guys are all on the ball over this stuff and I'm not, it is hard to get involved in the discussion here. But I hope I can give you all a good laugh. And as promised, I did provide a photo with a pearl necklace.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

rocko2466 wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oh fuck me, somebody give this a dramatic reading please. Something with a bit of Beethoven in the background.
[youtube]C6ZDsUGiGqM[/youtube]
Courtesy of Bhoytony.
I may have to learn this shit myself. I'm not sure how you would mix background music with a voice recording without some fancy software. Any suggestions anyone?
I learnt this since you asked.

I also learnt how to do Youtube. I think.

I am now staying up to let it upload. Will bbs.

I apologise for this. It's not the best. But it's the FIRST.
It gets more dramatic toward the end.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
It's not out of the question at all. As MIT Technology Review's Susan Young points out, scientists cloned an extinct subspecies of ibex in 2009. It died immediately, sure. But they still cloned it.
The "extinct" ibex was cloned from living cells that had been frozen in liquid nitrogen.
There was no need to recreate the genome of the animal - it was all there and intact in the starting cells.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... oning.html

I guess the epigenetic problem wasn't solved, which, I presume, is why the cloned animal died.

EdgePenguin

Post by EdgePenguin »

Just to play devils advocate, PZ Myers might be right. The future of the atheist movement may well belong to him and his kool-aid drinking friends.

I don't go to atheist conferences. I used to contribute to a skeptical podcast, but don't bother any more - part of the reason is certain people making me feel quite unwelcome, but another big part is the fact that I simply don't have the time to devote to it. I can't get very involved in atheist activism because, to put it bluntly, I have a real job (Well, I'm doing a PhD, but in terms of the time an effort I am required to invest, it is effectively a full time job. I certainly put more effort into in than I have put into private sector jobs I've had in the past!)

Status in atheist activist organisations, or in the conference 'scene' does not translate to status in any other walk of life. Nobody gives a shit. So what could easily happen is that professional scientists, engineers, science writers etc. walk away from a group that doesn't want them, and everyone who is left behind is a blogger/professional conference goer with a communications degree.

So I think its actually quite likely PZ and his faction could win; but their victory would get rid of all the people who are relevant in the real world, and turn all their organisations and conference into a giant circle-jerk/pyramid scheme*

*Do you think these events can remain solvent if they lose most of the attendees who have incomes external to the conference scene?

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
It's not out of the question at all. As MIT Technology Review's Susan Young points out, scientists cloned an extinct subspecies of ibex in 2009. It died immediately, sure. But they still cloned it.
The "extinct" ibex was cloned from living cells that had been frozen in liquid nitrogen.
There was no need to recreate the genome of the animal - it was all there and intact in the starting cells.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... oning.html

I guess the epigenetic problem wasn't solved, which, I presume, is why the cloned animal died.
Ah, very interesting. Thank you.
VickyCaramel wrote:

I'm not ambivalent, I am very honoured to sponsor this orgy. It's just that I have contributed fuck all to this site apart from boobs. If my boobs offend 'them' then I'm very glad to contribute. But I don't want to attention-whore up your forum either and offend people here.

You guys are all on the ball over this stuff and I'm not, it is hard to get involved in the discussion here. But I hope I can give you all a good laugh. And as promised, I did provide a photo with a pearl necklace.
Seeing as we're going through a phase of getting people going "hey, they're not so bad", I guess it might be the sort of thing that would put off immigrant members?

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

VickyCaramel wrote:You guys are all on the ball over this stuff and I'm not, it is hard to get involved in the discussion here.
I don't remember who but someone mentioned that this place is like a pub and I think that's a very fair comparison. If you have time, you drop in, make some comments, share links, and enjoy the LOLs. Otherwise, the posts move at warp speed and it's damn hard to keep up with everything.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

I'm confused... is this seriously an orgy sponsored by some chick's bewbs? Can someone post dick pictures then?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Seeing as we're going through a phase of getting people going "hey, they're not so bad", I guess it might be the sort of thing that would put off immigrant members?
Everybody gets offended by something. I'll censor myself, I wouldn't want to lower the tone of this place. :P

cunt

Post by cunt »

Speaking of which, where's Rystefen?

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

VickyCaramel wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Everybody gets offended by something. I'll censor myself, I wouldn't want to lower the tone of this place. :P
Woaaah, no censoring yourself. Sorry, that's not what I mean.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Eucliwood wrote:I'm confused... is this seriously an orgy sponsored by some chick's bewbs? Can someone post dick pictures then?
I couldn't guarantee anyone would be interested.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

cunt wrote:Speaking of which, where's Rystefen?
He locked himself out of his house. At the moment he's trying to use a spade as a key to get back in.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

As for that protest... did anyone DARE suggest THEY were goaded? They ripped people to shreds, whether they knew anything about Farrell or not! I watched and saw that they didn't even care about the suicides... just carried on. They abused everyone, including policemen who were just doing their jobs. They'd have to do that, even for some lame group like the KKK. Accusing someone of defending crimes they don't defend and calling people names like POS or whatever they said is especially abusive. They even got assaulty... I'm not even sure if they did not physically people. They certainly lunged at them. They did all that, and abused the police, and the police were too pussy to warn them or say "stop that, or else we'll breakk this protest up" I hope it wasn't because they were seriously too intimidated by the names they were being called.

TL;DR: Those protesters were complete abusive assholes and they were goading others, not the other way around. Anyone who suggests anything bad was done to them is an uncaring asshole too. A bitch slap distributor was definitely needed.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Eucliwood wrote:I'm confused... is this seriously an orgy sponsored by some chick's bewbs? Can someone post dick pictures then?
(Insert pictures of Richards Dawkins and Carrier here)

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
I would prefer pictures of your or other men's penises. If you don't have a penis, then never mind. Keep your vagina to yourself.

katamari Damassi

Re: The Periodic Table's Younger, Sexier, Sibling Thread...

Post by katamari Damassi »

Pitchguest wrote:A little organisation to give him the cold shoulder? Done this before, has he?
Actually I think this has been done to him. He's a high school mean girl wannabee.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Eucliwood wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
I would prefer pictures of your or other men's penises. If you don't have a penis, then never mind. Keep your vagina to yourself.
Is this the right time to say I'm 12?

AMBER ALERT!

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Is this the right time to say I'm 12?

AMBER ALERT!
I'm a minor too. Hand over the pictures, babe.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Maybe Brett Favre can show up?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

VickyCaramel wrote:

Ah! Brill. Read it wrong then.

Don't worry about offending people here (especially not with boobs). It takes a lot to make us cry. ;)

As for contributing, you come into it eventually. Although if you take a hiatus, don't even bother catching up.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

justinvacula wrote:More

[iimg]http://i.imgur.com/9ln1Amh.jpg[/iimg]
Screenshot is nice, but please include URL as well, for context.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

PZ has a new post up about a book on Scientology. Funny how, with a few modifications, much of the post can be made to apply to himself, his blog people, and the Atheism+ forum:
It’s painful. PZ Myers was so clearly delusional and so malevolently manipulative that you find it hard to believe people actually do fall for this nonsense, and fall for it hard. People put up with shocking abuse for years, all the while apologizing for their behavior, making excuses for the blog, and even voluntarily submitting to the most degrading punishments. For instance, Pharyngula maintains something called the Dungeon, which is little more than confinement and humiliation. People who question the dogma or annoy Anthony K (the head of the commentariat now that Brownian is gone) or sometimes just on a whim are shouted down or tossed into the dungeon, with no means of communication, and insulted after they are gone, with frequent suggestions to fuck themselves with something sharp. It’s like a horrible caricature of a cult — it is a cult.

But there aren’t locks on the doors. The inmates stay there, punishing themselves, begging for more, all in the hopes of achieving redemption in the eyes of the psychotics running the show. The whole book is a lesson on how human psychology can be warped and used by bloggers, leading people to submit to propaganda that I can’t imagine ever respecting…but they are led step by step into an earthly hell, all the while thinking it’s paradise.
http://i.imgur.com/drk8LcM.jpg

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ng-me-out/

EdgePenguin

Post by EdgePenguin »

Apparantly, pointing out that someone is being histrionic causes rape threats:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-540269

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Lsuoma wrote: Screenshot is nice, but please include URL as well, for context.
Your neck is funny. Just saying.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

I actually have one last question for Louis.

Who gets to decide what is misogynist or not.

1) All women have to agree
2) Some women get to decide
2a) Which women are considered right if it is only some women that get to decide?
3) Some men get to "mansplain" it, even to other women.
4) Are there only selected texts that explain what is and what is misogynist?
4b) Who gets to decide these texts?
4c) By what criteria?

Just curious.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

AbsurdWalls wrote:http://gawker.com/5977130/could-you-be- ... 0000-years
Are you an adventurous human woman? Adventurous enough to be a surrogate mother for the first Neanderthal baby to be born in 30,000 years?

Harvard geneticist George Church recently told Der Spiegel he's close to developing the necessary technology to clone a Neanderthal, at which point all he'd need is an "adventurous human woman" — einen abenteuerlustigen weiblichen Menschen — to act as a surrogate mother.

It's not out of the question at all. As MIT Technology Review's Susan Young points out, scientists cloned an extinct subspecies of ibex in 2009. It died immediately, sure. But they still cloned it...
This raises a whole host of interesting ethical issues. It would be fascinating to do it, but I still think it would be very cruel towards the almost-human creature it creates (on the off-chance that the neanderthal baby even survives birth).
As a kid in grade school, like maybe 2-5th grade one of the films the school would show us was about this lab that could grab a chuck of the past and bring it into the present. One time they got a caveman type of boy caught in the chunck. The boy has many difficulties in his new world and iirc they sent him back to his own time, sort of worse for the wear. I believe this was a short film, part of several short films bundled together. Another of the short films in that bundle was the Lady, The Tiger, and the Doorway (or something like that)and well I don't remember the exact title but at least that story is widely known.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Dilurk wrote:I actually have one last question for Louis.

Just curious.
I'd say, if it shows a dislike against women, it's misogynistic, but in the case that misogynistic is used to mean sexist towards women regardless of dislike or hatred for women, I'd say anything that is sexist and biased against women, for the fact that they are women. I have to add the bolded part to emphasize that saying something like "periods are an abomination" isn't sexist - it just so happens that women are the only sex that have periods. If someone says it because it is women that have them (that would be weird...) then it would be sexist.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Rebecca decides not to push back further against PZ on his blog. Although she is EXHAUSTED, she is able to drag herself back over to Skepchick. Regarding PZ's statement that the Richard Dawkins Foundation should not be considered an "enemy":
Rebecca Watson wrote:I could not disagree more, obviously. When discussing whether or not an organization supports petty, resentful snipers, it’s worth asking whether it keeps any on staff or whether the organization is named after one. Richard Dawkins’ comments have been the very definition of petty and resentful, including those he has continued posting on Twitter. Whether he’s retweeting victim blaming trash or coming up with his very own passive aggressive ways to denigrate a free vaccine program because Skepchick runs it, he has not only failed to stop the torrent of abuse aimed at me and other women in this movement but he has actively participated in it himself. And Paula Kirby of RDFUK has spent months defending her point that those of us asking for atheist conferences to be safer spaces for women are literally like Nazis and the Stasi.

Regardless of what RDF does for science (and I’m not sure what that is, exactly, though I do know that they donate substantial amounts of money to other organizations that do actually do things), they are not to be counted among organizations that discourage harassment of women.
and, having forgotten to get her ReGretaVirus vaccination (probably because Richard Dawkins):
The harassment Marcotte and other feminists experience is non-stop and at times overwhelming. Hell, I haven’t written a substantial blog post in ages, mostly because I have 800 tabs open filled with anti-woman bile and bitter hatred that I feel deserves to be exposed, but there’s just too much, and focusing on all of it long enough to write a post is exhausting.
http://skepchick.org/2013/01/on-optimism/

http://www.freezepage.com/1358701185KIMMTDJAPD

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Rebecca Watson wrote:I could not disagree more, obviously. When discussing whether or not an organization supports petty, resentful snipers, it’s worth asking whether it keeps any on staff or whether the organization is named after one[...]ways to denigrate a free vaccine program because Skepchick runs it,
Well, doesn't it say something about that vaccine program if SKEPCHICK runs it? :o Who cares what it's for! It's supporting Skepchick! It's not about what it actually DOES - supporting vaccinations :o

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Hang on a second. If PoC does mean "person of colour" then wouldn't a "half Indian" person be likely to fit that description anyway?

One of them is about to go into FULL MELTDOWN MODE over this!!!

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Awww, they are so cute when they whine! So now we learn that Richard Dawkins has been abusing RW.

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood wrote: I'm a minor too. Hand over the pictures, babe.
WTF...

LSuoma, this nutcase is going to land you into an ocean of troubles.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Trophy wrote:Awww, they are so cute when they whine! So now we learn that Richard Dawkins has been abusing RW.
Oh, and it's also just the wimminz, and because she's a woman. Don't forget that very important fact.

I'm so tired of this Watson bitch. I've stopped looking at any of the blogs because they nauseate me. The only thing I want to see posted on there is a video of her hair being pulled out or something, or at least a verbal dogging. In fact, yeah, verbal dogging would be better, that way she can't collapse from injury and the dogging doesn't have to end.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Dilurk wrote:I actually have one last question for Louis.

1) All women have to agree
2) Some women get to decide
2a) Which women are considered right if it is only some women that get to decide?
3) Some men get to "mansplain" it, even to other women.
4) Are there only selected texts that explain what is and what is misogynist?
4b) Who gets to decide these texts?
4c) By what criteria?

Just curious.
I have that question too.
I'm specially confused about a man educating me about sexism by telling me how to think. *brains explodes*
Which reminds me about the letter Mallory Nasrallah wrote and Timbledoo calling her a Stockholm Syndrome sufferer. Cause feminism is about women having choices....but not a whole lot of those pesky choices, just the ones Timbledoo and the rest agree with.

Bunch of wankers...

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

30 minutes talking about viruses vs 68 minutes talking about yourself for no apparent reason.

On my video, 50% of the comments are about the topic I talked about, 50% are about god (?), and <1% make some generic comment about my appearance/gender.

Watsons video needs to be heavily moderated, ratings disabled, etc.

Yeah, people dont like you because of your gender, Rebecca Watson. Not because you are a narcissistic retard.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Trophy wrote:Awww, they are so cute when they whine! So now we learn that Richard Dawkins has been abusing RW.
..positively stalking her! And he is a scientist, so he probably has access to acid.

Which reminds should we raise money for another man to go with JV? Ya know, so they can go around as a pair for safety.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

decius wrote:
WTF...

decius, I finally open up a quote of yours and it's about insulting me? If you want to play the paranoia-minor card, how about you leave me alone? You look kind of creepy insulting a minor whenever you can. What's that about? I'm scared.

Did I mention that I've been in contact with agents before? They're very minor-shield happy... I can find her card somewhere... if not, I'll just walk down to the department. Policemen also run in the family.

I'm not kidding about having to be in the presence of FBI workers before. I'm tired of your shit, though, so it might be worth it to wail victim and actually embrace it. YOU'RE the only one in any danger of landing in trouble, using honey pot insults against me. That is so old.

welch

Post by welch »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:So someone drops in from Pharyngulag...
I think his experience of this place will have suffered from coming in to an environment where he was liable to both be outnumbered and be treated suspiciously by the members. That's a shame because if things had been a bit more chilled I reckon he would have got a better impression.
Insisting all problems are our fault, and there's nothing keeping us from posting on pharyngula didn't help. Saying things that aren't true as a defense makes me think the person saying them is a stupid tit.

decius

Post by decius »

ERV wrote:30 minutes talking about viruses vs 68 minutes talking about yourself for no apparent reason.

On my video, 50% of the comments are about the topic I talked about, 50% are about god (?), and <1% make some generic comment about my appearance/gender.

Watsons video needs to be heavily moderated, ratings disabled, etc.

Yeah, people dont like you because of your gender, Rebecca Watson. Not because you are a narcissistic retard.

I loved your talk and so did many people to which I forwarded the link.

We've a minor quibble. As my friend Quine put it:
She spoke of what the virus "wants" but did not make any gestures to indicate air quotes or other means. She takes it as given that we understand that there is no conscious will in there doing actual wanting. Unfortunately, I can't think of words that express this "behavior due to what works in mindless evolution gives the appearance of willful action" thing. Of course, she is not going to put in that whole mouthful when she can just say "wants," but this confusion is part of why we have a hard time getting folks who have not studied the ToE to believe that complexity can arise without actual wanting by a divine mind capable of wanting.
I think he has a point.

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood wrote:
decius wrote:
WTF...

decius, I finally open up a quote of yours and it's about insulting me? If you want to play the paranoia-minor card, how about you leave me alone? You look kind of creepy insulting a minor whenever you can. What's that about? I'm scared.

Did I mention that I've been in contact with agents before? They're very minor-shield happy... I can find her card somewhere... if not, I'll just walk down to the department. Policemen also run in the family.

I'm not kidding about having to be in the presence of FBI workers before. I'm tired of your shit, though, so it might be worth it to wail victim and actually embrace it. YOU'RE the only one in any danger of landing in trouble, using honey pot insults against me. That is so old.

It isn't about "insulting" you. It is about a minor - any minor - soliciting pornographic material on this forum. I couldn't care less otherwise.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Eucliwood wrote:As for that protest... did anyone DARE suggest THEY were goaded? They ripped people to shreds, whether they knew anything about Farrell or not! I watched and saw that they didn't even care about the suicides... just carried on. They abused everyone, including policemen who were just doing their jobs. They'd have to do that, even for some lame group like the KKK. Accusing someone of defending crimes they don't defend and calling people names like POS or whatever they said is especially abusive. They even got assaulty... I'm not even sure if they did not physically people. They certainly lunged at them. They did all that, and abused the police, and the police were too pussy to warn them or say "stop that, or else we'll breakk this protest up" I hope it wasn't because they were seriously too intimidated by the names they were being called.

TL;DR: Those protesters were complete abusive assholes and they were goading others, not the other way around. Anyone who suggests anything bad was done to them is an uncaring asshole too. A bitch slap distributor was definitely needed.
I like to think that in a few years quite a few of those protestors will be embarrassed about this.
Years ago I was almost like one of those protestors. I thought I was enlightened when I was self righteous, and I had a romanticized view of the sixties. In college I joined an organization called the New York Public Interest Research Group which was founded by Ralph Nader. I was all prepared to storm the admin building over whatever the outrage of the day was and there were a few other new members like me, but the woman who ran that chapter was a real community organizer who was knowledgeable, pragmatic and knew how to actually get things done. It was not exciting work and most of the immature "let's play revolutionaries!" quickly dropped out. A couple years later I changed schools and went to check out my new school's NYPIRG chapter. This one was run by an Abbie Hoffman wannabee and staffed with like minded volunteers. Their idea of activism was to squirt glue into the locks of the ROTC lockers. It was a real eye opener for me. I've since been to a few protest marches (GWB's inauguration, Iraq war) and I always seek out the serious people and separate myself from the attention seeking tantrum throwers and provocateurs.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

katamari Damassi wrote: . Their idea of activism was to squirt glue into the locks of the ROTC lockers.
LOL, squirting glue into locks? That's the sound of giving up on making people see anything about themselves and launching an offensive assault. But it would be funny if they deserved it, I guess. Did they do any actual activism?

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

This is awesome!
Rebecca Watson wrote:#18: Apparently you’re too stupid to understand, so I’ll type slowly: his comments, which spurred the torrent of abuse I’ve received, came before I wrote a blog post on why I won’t be buying his books anymore. In fact, one could say that one was the cause of the other! If one weren’t a moron.
.... long ago, on a lonely planet, men and women lived happily peaceful lives, away from sexism and misogyny. Until one day, one named Dawkins disagreed with the one named Rebecca Watson. His vicious and cruel comments brought sexism into this world! Sin was born: all men turned to sexist potential rapists, women were condemned to live as secondary citizens. There can be no salvation unless we worship Rebecca Watson and never dare to criticize or disagree with her hallowed opinion ever again!

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Trophy wrote:This is awesome!
Rebecca Watson wrote:#18: Apparently you’re too stupid to understand, so I’ll type slowly: his comments, which spurred the torrent of abuse I’ve received, came before I wrote a blog post on why I won’t be buying his books anymore. In fact, one could say that one was the cause of the other! If one weren’t a moron.
What bullshit. Other people abusing you due to THEIR view of how you are is their own responsibility, not the fault of Dawkins. What an idiot. I could see if he was all "my minions! Please attack her, because (shows proof of watson's lameness)!" Even then, they'd be responsible for their own actions, but one could at least say he intended to of cause "a torrent of abuse" against her and succeeded.

welch

Post by welch »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Carrier, hoist by his own petard.

http://i.imgur.com/j8JHYSL.jpg

Carrier is flying two seperate flags. One for the sex positive feminists - women are people, sex work is empowering expressions of an independent woman, and the other is that of his current ideological bedfellows, the likes of Ophelia and Taslima who would retch at the thought of the work that Sacha Grey does. If you don't know, (and I didn't until Carrier promoted her on his blog) she is a specialist in a particular kind of porn that involves a rather vigorous/violent type of throat fucking.
That she, of all porn stars, is the example he chose to use as an empowered woman tells you a hell of a lot about him and his own feelings towards women.
He should be careful about using Ms. Grey as an example of anything, (as should those who read into her motives without reading up on her actual statements.) she did the kind of porn she did for specific reasons, with what seems like more than a fair bit of thinking about it. When she'd accomplished what she wished, she walked away from it. I think in general, she's far closer to what carrier et al would label as a chill girl, given her reactions to feminists trying to put her in the "broken doll, that's why she did porn" box.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

VickyCaramel wrote:
..positively stalking her! And he is a scientist, so he probably has access to acid.

Which reminds should we raise money for another man to go with JV? Ya know, so they can go around as a pair for safety.
He should definitely have a buddy system in place, just in case someone asks him for coffee.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

decius wrote:
Eucliwood wrote: I'm a minor too. Hand over the pictures, babe.
WTF...

If you don't see the fnord it can't hurt you.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Eucliwood wrote:
decius wrote:
WTF...

I've been pretty neutral about the whole Eucliwood stuff, but given that she says she is a minor, and given that her recent posts here seem to be a solicitation for porn, I think there is reason to ban Eucliwood until she can provide Lsuoma with proof of her age, and proof she is no longer a minor.

Perhaps there needs to be an adult consent checkbox when making a new user account.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

I'm listening to Barbara Drescher being interviewed by Reap Paden. Is this really the same guy PZ thinks is persecuting him?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Jan Steen wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

He should definitely have a buddy system in place, just in case someone asks him for coffee.
He should have a thermos flask in his anti-rape kit.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

somedumbguy wrote:
Perhaps there needs to be an adult consent checkbox when making a new user account.
So, someone can make an orgy thread, but I can't jokingly ask for dick pictures? Suddenly my recent posts in general are a solicitation for porn? Get the fuck out of here. This is an act - you're pretending like you didn't jump on the bandwagon long ago. "Oh, I didn't dislike her before, but now that she did the normal activity of asking for pictures, I'm going to pretend two joke posts is a big deal and request - let's make this forum 18+! It's a LOLITA!"

Fuck off, especially using "sexual morals" as an excuse.

welch

Post by welch »

VickyCaramel wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Perish the thought. The only point of this place is the one on the head of whomever wrote whatever post you're reading. Lower away, it beats most of Theresa of the silliness we thrive on.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Another asshole to add to my foe list. I won't make the mistake of revealing what people on my foes list say, either, because it always reminds me that I had a reason to add them. A post to be annoyed about is always behind the block. Shouldn't even have clicked decius's post.

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood wrote:
So, someone can make an orgy thread, but I can't jokingly ask for dick pictures?
Exactly. It's called the fucking law.

welch

Post by welch »

Eucliwood wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
A) um, no
B) you're under age. Even MOAR NO