Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Old subthreads
sacha

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by sacha »

lonesagi wrote:
What next? I can’t help you much at this point, because I've always turned those offers down, and all of my dating experience is from 35 years ago, and in my current long-term relationship, we dated for two months before we even kissed.
Exactly when did a man, whom according to his own admission waited nearly two months to come close to "sealing the deal", become a pillar of romantic insight? In every relationship I've had within two months we were choosing children's names post-coitus. (Facetious, yes, but not by much.)
sex on the first date before dinner, because why waste time if the sex is shite?

sacha

Post by sacha »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:To answer Windy's earlier question about electronic distribution of Fairyland's music: I seem to be earning 0.04 US$ per track sold. Buy the coaster, by all means!
my ex just got a royalty check for 9 cents US. The envelope cost more. I told him to frame it and put it next to his gold record. see how far the music industry has come.

Lapsang Souchong

Post by Lapsang Souchong »

Michael K Gray wrote: The animated picture adds precisely zero for me, in fact it detracts from comprehension when the speakers has so many tics as does he.
Sorry.
I totally understand and don't blame you. I did listen to the whole video but while playing numerous games of solitaire. He is difficult to watch, he looks likes he hopped up on speed or something.

Michael K Gray

Re: Now strangled by [spoiler]PZ's dick[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Jen McCreight, (the PhD candidate, as she tells you), has a new astounding insight into didacticism:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/blaghag/fil ... 300x54.png
I see the Pokémon world as a great way to teach people about actual biology.
Way to go Jen! You fucken' beaut mate!
Another brain-storm to rival A+!!
Let's see how long this premature baby survives.
But when it comes to the biology of the Pokémon world, I've found it's not necessary to invoke "magic!" as an explanation.
No, it is not. It is FICTION, you fucking ignoramus.

Jen makes me despair. When the fuck will she grow-the-fuck-up and smell reality?
When her Happy Army stages a coup d'état against her?

At least it will be superior to PZ's Zebra-Fish Massacre method.

sacha

Post by sacha »

[quote="TheMan"]With the skirt issue I think these tight corporate type skirts are what being referred to in not being able to run in them.

pencil skirt
http://usfjade.files.wordpress.com/2011 ... -skirt.jpg

sacha

Post by sacha »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:To answer Windy's earlier question about electronic distribution of Fairyland's music: I seem to be earning 0.04 US$ per track sold. Buy the coaster, by all means!
What the fuck??? That's just no good. The performers should get more than that. You're the ones doing all the real work. I'm not even a musician but this pisses me off. Is it that low for most musicians?
nope

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Walter Ego wrote:Uploaded today. The Atheist Asshole tears Ophelia "Creep" Benson a new one.

[youtube]4KkdJJPKcXI[/youtube]
Those shades are horrid. Poor bastard looks like the unibomber.
Plus he was as boring and self-absorbed as fuck.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Michael K Gray wrote:Jen McCreight, (the PhD candidate, as she tells you), has a new astounding insight into didacticism:
But when it comes to the biology of the Pokémon world, I've found it's not necessary to invoke "magic!" as an explanation.

Jen makes me despair. When the fuck will she grow-the-fuck-up and smell reality?

http://odeena.net/wp-content/uploads/20 ... s-shit.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

What is the fucking obsession with clothing? I see that all the time. I can't understand why it matters. I mean, fuck, accept the fact that you're fat or tall or thin or short and that most clothes are aimed at people who either fall into "average" or look like the kind of people the designers want wearing their clothes.
birdterrifier wrote:I'm relatively close to owning 100% privilege. I'm white, tan easy, taller than average, male, university educated, came from a home where one parent owned a bachelor's degree, grew up in an affluent town and straight.
My husband is much the same, but I've yet to see him getting any special privilege or benefits out of it. Oh wait, aren't they meant to be invisible? Super.
Notung wrote:* I asked them about 'people of colour'. I shut up and listened. They told me they found it patronising and racist.
I like your cousins.

sacha

Post by sacha »

16bitheretic wrote:
Dunno what to tell you on the making him stay put, chloroform maybe?
I keed, I keed
http://s3-ak.buzzfeed.com/static/campai ... -0_big.jpg

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Notung wrote:
birdterrifier wrote:I'm relatively close to owning 100% privilege. I'm white, tan easy, taller than average, male, university educated, came from a home where one parent owned a bachelor's degree, grew up in an affluent town and straight.
Yep, I tick all the 'privilege' boxes too. But when I look at two of my first cousins (black* women) I don't feel that I'm any more privileged than they are. In fact, one of them is an art designer and lives in a really posh place (one of those places with modern art everywhere) in London with her well-off family. She's the sort of person that goes to an expensive London coffee shop to read trendy new novels, you know. Maybe I should ask how hard her life is and shut up and listen to her.

Or to my sister, who, taking advantage of our privileged upbringing, quit her job in employment law to go to agricultural college with a load of upper-class folk. I should shut up and listen to her when she tells me how much the world hates her.

That's the mistake these people are making. The differences between the social groups are all general trends, not necessarily applying to every single individual. One person can't speak for 'their group', just as Myers can't speak for all white people when he claims that we're all 'racist as fuck'. He can only speak for himself, and I believe him!

BTW I have no problem with Paul Fidalgo - he seems ok from what I've seen. I just disagree with his post.

And it's funny that you should say that about 'people of colour', because everytime I've pointed it out -- on FTB or elsewhere -- the ones supposedly for social justice claim it's the preferred term. 'People of colour'. When that becomes obsolete, what's next? 'People of pigmentation'? And after that, 'people of melanin level'? [insert smiley slowly shaking head in disbelief here]

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Pitchguest wrote:'People of colour'. When that becomes obsolete, what's next? 'People of pigmentation'? And after that, 'people of melanin level'? [insert smiley slowly shaking head in disbelief here]
Solar panels?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:'People of colour'. When that becomes obsolete, what's next? 'People of pigmentation'? And after that, 'people of melanin level'? [insert smiley slowly shaking head in disbelief here]
Solar panels?
Big Dogs?

Lapsang Souchong

Michael K Gray wrote:
Solar panels?[/quote]

Is that wax cotton duster you're wearing in your avatar? I own a few Barbour coats and waistcoats.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Solar panels?
Big Dogs?
Canis Major?

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

http://i.imgur.com/dtsuwsx.png

Well that settles it. Everything is perfect and there is no reason for self reflection.

I have no knowledge of her doing a bad job getting speakers (for CFI DC) and organising events. My issue is one can do that and still be a divisive figure that is incapable of seeing the legitimate complaints of others in the movement.

I am sure people think she is great until they disagree with her...then they see what we all already see.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Except if stated in jest, I cannot for the life of me have any kind of respect for somebody who qualifies their own work as "awesome".

Michael K Gray

Re: Now covered by [spoiler]my Drizabone[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lapsang Souchong wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Solar panels?
Is that wax cotton duster you're wearing in your avatar? I own a few Barbour coats and waistcoats.[/quote]
The original Drizabone long Horse-Riding Coat.
(With a slit/slut in the tail that spreads over one's saddle.)
Perfect for riding in the rain.
http://www.drizabone.com.au/store/produ ... t-brown-s/
Oiled flax sail-cloth.

Very popular in the outback with Indiginous tribes-people.
A RACIST COAT!!
Also popular with females:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fFhxoakDo3Y/T ... 076138.jpg
A SEXIST COAT!

The only Barbour that I know is Glynis Barbour. And that is sexist, so watch it, mate!

Edina Monsoon

Post by Edina Monsoon »

"...but enough about me. Let's talk about you! How do you feel about me?"

Michael K Gray

Re: Now rogered by [spoiler]my duck[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Except if stated in jest, I cannot for the life of me have any kind of respect for somebody who qualifies their own work as "awesome".
That's why you hate God.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Now rogered by [spoiler]my duck[/spoiler]

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Except if stated in jest, I cannot for the life of me have any kind of respect for somebody who qualifies their own work as "awesome".
That's why you hate God.
Definitely. He fucked up big time with that Blob Fish business...

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

More lulz from Atheism+ forum: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3798 - "apparently skeptics and scientists can't be trolls (derail)" split from http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 0&start=75, a thread started by a new mbmer titled "Is this 'scientific' article sexist?", which linked to a news article from the Vanderbilt University Medical Center "Reporter" titled "Mouse study sheds light on boy-girl differences".

True_skepTIK, member for almost 4 months but with only 37 posts, seems to have popped in to Atheism+ forum this weekend to express some, well, skepticism. I haven't read through the 4-page A+ thread "Is this 'scientific' article sexist?", but it does look like True_skepTIK found the journal article from whence the VUMC news article came and was trying to discuss that and was expressing amazement that people couldn't get past the paywall by going through a library (any library). True_skepTIK seemed somewhat clueless and tonedeaf about all that (sorry T_sTIK if you're here, but that's the way it looked), but even so the derail is pretty funny. Captures at least some of what's wrong over there, in a microcosm.

First, True_skepTIK is apparently questioning SubMor's claims...and in the derail, it's SubMor who moderates, editing 7 of 8 of True_skepTIK's posts in the derail.

Second, those participating are many of the usual suspects: besides True_skepTIK (8 posts), the only participants are SubMor (6 posts), Sylvia Sybil (5 posts), ceepolk (2 posts), ApostateltsopA (1 post), Cipher (1 post), and Flewellyn (1 post).

Third, eventually ceepolk says, "grats True_skepTIK, you've been kicked out of yet another thread."

A few minutes later, True_skepTIK posts his/her obsevations on the journal article. (SubMor's edit to hide the post comments says, "This is actually a fairly decent post, even if still a bit point-missy, and if it had been made instead of the above trolling, we probably could have had a real conversation about it. "Too little, too late," I fear.")

Flewellyn says to True_skepTIK, "So, "you've been kicked out of another thread", to you, means "feel free to continue posting in it", then?"

to which ceepolk replies, "apparently. week's vacation."

Must be nice* to be a mod at Atheism+ forum. You can edit posts of people who have a different take on the thread topic and are challenging you in that topic, you can count on your buddies to drop in & help pile on the person you've decided is a troll, and you can make a statement that isn't clearly a mod edict, or at least isn't clear about what is expected, then temp-ban the member when he/she fails to read your mind.

* "Nice" except for where you have to spend time, and who with, and on what.

Michael K Gray

Re: Now fucked by [spoiled rotten]my drake[/spoiled rotten]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
That's why you hate God.
Definitely. He fucked up big time with that Blob Fish business...
But managed to bounce back into awesome-ville with his stupendous creation of "Half-fish", one has to admit.
If anything absolutely required, no: demanded special creation, that train-wreck is it.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

HoneyWagon wrote:http://i.imgur.com/dtsuwsx.png

Well that settles it. Everything is perfect and there is no reason for self reflection.

I have no knowledge of her doing a bad job getting speakers (for CFI DC) and organising events. My issue is one can do that and still be a divisive figure that is incapable of seeing the legitimate complaints of others in the movement.

I am sure people think she is great until they disagree with her...then they see what we all already see.
Hahahahaha. What a great 'skeptic' - she's never doubted that what she wants to believe is true.
Michael K Gray wrote:
That's why you hate God.
Haha - good one.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Skep tickle wrote:Must be nice* to be a mod at Atheism+ forum. You can edit posts of people who have a different take on the thread topic and are challenging you in that topic, you can count on your buddies to drop in & help pile on the person you've decided is a troll, and you can make a statement that isn't clearly a mod edict, or at least isn't clear about what is expected, then temp-ban the member when he/she fails to read your mind.
Classic Animal Farm dogpile
http://gabedraws.files.wordpress.com/20 ... .png?w=460

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Lsuoma wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
Walter Ego wrote:Uploaded today. The Atheist Asshole tears Ophelia "Creep" Benson a new one.

[youtube]4KkdJJPKcXI[/youtube]
Those shades are horrid. Poor bastard looks like the unibomber.
Plus he was as boring and self-absorbed as fuck.
Those shares are horrid, but he made an overall good point: these FtBers are pissing off a lot of people who randomly stumble upon their websites or twitter feeds and have cause to ask a question. OB is a terrible person.

Also, seriously, 18 fucking minutes. Coulda been a bit shorter. I only set aside 18 minutes for Justicar/integralmath (unless he's talking about gun control lol).

Eucliwood

Re: Now fucked by [spoiled rotten]my drake[/spoiled rotten]

Post by Eucliwood »

Michael K Gray wrote: But managed to bounce back into awesome-ville with his stupendous creation of "Half-fish", one has to admit.
If anything absolutely required, no: demanded special creation, that train-wreck is it.
Are you honestly a christian, or is this mocking?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

rocko2466 wrote:
Also, seriously, 18 fucking minutes. Coulda been a bit shorter. I only set aside 18 minutes for Justicar/integralmath (unless he's talking about gun control lol).
Because guns shouldn't be controlled? Anti-logic, much. People root for moar transportation control, recognizing that heavy ass thing that's not even used as a weapon can be dangerous, even lethal, but root for less control on something that is meant to be a lethal weapon?

That sound... it's my respect plummeting to the bottom of the canyon. Can you feel it?

Lapsang Souchong

Michael K Gray wrote: Also popular with females:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fFhxoakDo3Y/T ... 076138.jpg
That's very nice but I have to say I much prefer a shorter coat that leaves the buttocks exposed, in tight white jodhpurs, and the eminently lick-able tall leather riding boots.

Something like this:

http://www.barbour.com/us/womens/jacket ... own-jacket

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lapsang Souchong wrote:That's very nice but I have to say I much prefer a shorter coat that leaves the buttocks exposed, in tight white jodhpurs, and the eminently lick-able tall leather riding boots.
Pony clubs are on Red Alert!

Barael

Post by Barael »

I haz new forum description for A+:

Social Justice Research Scientists doing Important Work, Do Not Disturb!

(Post-grad positions on ableism, classism and sexism infrequently available; no applications accepted, we'll contact you! PS. Doctorate in feminism required.)

[youtube]cAYDiPizDIs[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Michael K Gray wrote:Jen McCreight, (the PhD candidate, as she tells you), has a new astounding insight into didacticism:

What.
The.
Actual.
Fuck?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Unrelated, but definitely my favourite science skit.

[youtube]3wHKBavY_h8[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Courtesy of Jen Mcreight:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lii06 ... o1_500.jpg

Working-hard or hardly-working?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Metalogic42 wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Ugh, sorry for the oversized screenshots! Quoting seems to be a better option for the A plus-sized forums, which are cruelly oppressed by the screenshots available on patriarchal Apple computers.

NoGodsNoMasters wrote:
OMG I'm gonna lose my mind over this.

1. I am plus size. There are not enough clothing sellers/designers/manufacturers for people my size. I have 3 terrestrial stores I could shop from, A. OMG EXPENSIVE, B. Too expensive to buy a whole outfit from, C. Pretty darn cheap but nowhere in my easily accessible area to go to. I am regularly relegated to shopping online which means I must now include shipping costs and time to wait for things to arrive, and once I figure out that they don't fit, I have to send it back and wait a month for a refund. If I can get to a store that begrudgingly gives plus size some thought, it's usually a tiny little section thats clearly marked as "hey guys, here's the fat person section!" in the back of the store (don't want our other customers seeing all those fatties, do we?) and there is very little to no selection.

2. I haven't got a "style" that I go for, but something I am regularly drawn to is vintage style things. They never make those sorts of things in my size. I am excluded from that style almost completely unless I have a spare £100 for a dress (which there are, like, 2 of and I don't want to wear something everyone else has!)

3. My neck appears to be too big for normal t-shirts. I'm always pulling them out so I don't feel like I'm being constricted.

4. I have, like those have said as well, wide shoulders. I am a weightlifter. I have arm and shoulder muscles. Deal with it, designers. I'm tired of not being able to stretch my arms completely across my chest because you have not made enough room around the upper arms, chest and shoulders.

5. Boobular. Pulled open buttons. All the time. Give me some freakin' room in shirts! And bras... like, give me a freakin' break. The wires poke into my arms and actually bruise me. If I don't wear wires, I kind of morph into a really unflattering egg-shape. They want to sell me lace and funky colours that are hard to hide under shirts, not that I don't buy them sometimes cause I do like colour and pretty things, but fills... omg frills? I want to look like I have gills under my shirt! And the price I have to pay for this because, again, I am larger than other women so I deserve to pay TOO DAMN MUCH.

6. I have a long torso so women's shirts never come down long enough, and I certainly don't want my belly to show. I am really still quite disparaging about my body

7. I don't have particularly narrow hips, I don't think, but I do have a wide waist so I have a problem others have said as well- fits my legs/doesn't fit my waist, fits my waist/doesn't fit my legs.

8. I have wide calves. Not only am I a weightlifter, but I participated in traditional Native American, ballet and tap dancing for most of my life. It's muscle. I can't buy long boots without spending like WHOA for the 5 or 6 styles that some stores actually carry in a wide size, have a hard time buying long socks and I have to struggle with some leggings/skinny jeans.
I've never heard anyone complain this much about clothing. Not even close. And I know some really vain people.
Oh I could rant on much longer than this about clothing, especially sizes.

comslave

Post by comslave »

I'll just leave this here:
http://retrorambling.files.wordpress.co ... 67_gay.jpg

You guys need a laugh.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

http://www.retrogamer.net/users/204/thm ... frage2.jpg
As a person with a scientific mind and an avid player of Streets of Rage 2 for the Sega Mega-Drive/Genesis it always irked me how Axel could make fire appear from his arm when you pressed *forward-forward-A* on the pad.
It was this kind of scientific inaccuracy that would keep me awake at night so I made this graphic in an attempt to appear intelligent.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8496/8423 ... ae9687.jpg

Michael K Gray

Re: Now discovered by [spoiler]bloody tourists[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lapsang Souchong wrote:Is that wax cotton duster you're wearing in your avatar?
Oh, and for your additional satisfaction, the stubby of beer that I am holding is the very fine Coopers Pale Ale, at the South Australian beach-side resort of Robe.
http://beerbrewguru.com/wp-content/uplo ... otw211.jpg
On which one may drive one's car and then surf in the sunshine.
http://101bestbeaches.com/sites/101best ... beach1.jpg
For all you potential tourists thinking of coming here, bugger orf.
We don't need our secret paradise ruined!

comslave

Post by comslave »

I'm sorry, but I feel the need to commit an act of wanton cruelty here.

NoGodsNoMasters wrote:
OMG I'm gonna lose my mind over this.

1. I am plus size.
Translation= FAT
There are not enough clothing sellers/designers/manufacturers for people my size. I have 3 terrestrial stores I could shop from, A. OMG EXPENSIVE, B. Too expensive to buy a whole outfit from, C. Pretty darn cheap but nowhere in my easily accessible area to go to. I am regularly relegated to shopping online which means I must now include shipping costs and time to wait for things to arrive, and once I figure out that they don't fit, I have to send it back and wait a month for a refund. If I can get to a store that begrudgingly gives plus size some thought, it's usually a tiny little section thats clearly marked as "hey guys, here's the fat person section!" in the back of the store (don't want our other customers seeing all those fatties, do we?) and there is very little to no selection.
Answer: Spend less on twinkies, you won't have to spend so much on clothes.

2. I haven't got a "style" that I go for, but something I am regularly drawn to is vintage style things. They never make those sorts of things in my size. I am excluded from that style almost completely unless I have a spare £100 for a dress (which there are, like, 2 of and I don't want to wear something everyone else has!)
It's nobody else's fault that your idea of fashion is to raid your grandma's closet.
My neck appears to be too big for normal t-shirts. I'm always pulling them out so I don't feel like I'm being constricted.
Also cut out the ice cream
4. I have, like those have said as well, wide shoulders. I am a weightlifter. I have arm and shoulder muscles. Deal with it, designers. I'm tired of not being able to stretch my arms completely across my chest because you have not made enough room around the upper arms, chest and shoulders.
Designers don't have to do squat for anyone but themselves. Deal with it weightlifter.
5. Boobular. Pulled open buttons. All the time. Give me some freakin' room in shirts! And bras... like, give me a freakin' break. The wires poke into my arms and actually bruise me. If I don't wear wires, I kind of morph into a really unflattering egg-shape. They want to sell me lace and funky colours that are hard to hide under shirts, not that I don't buy them sometimes cause I do like colour and pretty things, but fills... omg frills? I want to look like I have gills under my shirt! And the price I have to pay for this because, again, I am larger than other women so I deserve to pay TOO DAMN MUCH.
They charge by the yard. You're paying your fair share.
6. I have a long torso so women's shirts never come down long enough, and I certainly don't want my belly to show. I am really still quite disparaging about my body
I'm beginning to picture something out of a horror movie here.
7. I don't have particularly narrow hips, I don't think, but I do have a wide waist so I have a problem others have said as well- fits my legs/doesn't fit my waist, fits my waist/doesn't fit my legs.
Is your doctor Frankenstein? Just askin'.
8. I have wide calves. Not only am I a weightlifter, but I participated in traditional Native American, ballet and tap dancing for most of my life. It's muscle. I can't buy long boots without spending like WHOA for the 5 or 6 styles that some stores actually carry in a wide size, have a hard time buying long socks and I have to struggle with some leggings/skinny jeans.
I hear Sumo wrestlers also have trouble finding clothes that fit, but I never hear one bitch about it like this.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tony Parsehole wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/blaghag/fil ... 300x54.png

What.
The.
Actual.
Fuck?
Don't read her rambling juvenile article. I swear it will sap the life-force from you, and make you mercifully beg for a clean death.
If it were written by an 8 year then: yes, I'd give it a C+.
But by a bragging PhD CANDIDATE?
I give it an A✝

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

What.
The.
Actual.
Fuck?
Don't read her rambling juvenile article. I swear it will sap the life-force from you, and make you mercifully beg for a clean death.
I give it an A✝

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Michael K Gray wrote:

What.
The.
Actual.
Fuck?
I give it an A✝
But I did read it.....

Lapsang Souchong

Re: Now discovered by [spoiler]bloody tourists[/spoiler]

Michael K Gray wrote:
Lapsang Souchong wrote:Is that wax cotton duster you're wearing in your avatar?
Oh, and for your additional satisfaction, the stubby of beer that I am holding is the very fine Coopers Pale Ale, at the South Australian beach-side resort of Robe.
http://beerbrewguru.com/wp-content/uplo ... otw211.jpg
On which one may drive one's car and then surf in the sunshine.
http://101bestbeaches.com/sites/101best ... beach1.jpg
For all you potential tourists thinking of coming here, bugger orf.
We don't need our secret paradise ruined!
I'm sure that ale is good but I'd much rather raid the poppy farms on your isle of Tasmania (aren't they going into straw by now?) As long as they aren't of the infernal Norman variety. Goddamed genetic engineering! So to bed, too much plonk here.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tony Parsehole wrote:But I did read it.....
You'll find the cyanide capsule(s) in your ✙ Slymepit Emergency Members' Pack.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Tony Parsehole wrote:http://www.retrogamer.net/users/204/thm ... frage2.jpg
As a person with a scientific mind and an avid player of Streets of Rage 2 for the Sega Mega-Drive/Genesis it always irked me how Axel could make fire appear from his arm when you pressed *forward-forward-A* on the pad.
It was this kind of scientific inaccuracy that would keep me awake at night so I made this graphic in an attempt to appear intelligent.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8496/8423 ... ae9687.jpg
That reminds me of something I saw on reddit, a screencap of a Facebook convo with a paleontologist who started playing Skyrim:
http://i.imgur.com/6VNSh.png

Michael K Gray

Re: Now recovered by [spoiler]bloody wallabies[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lapsang Souchong wrote:I'm sure that ale is good but I'd much rather raid the poppy farms on your isle of Tasmania (aren't they going into straw by now?) As long as they aren't of the infernal Norman variety. Goddamed genetic engineering! So to bed, too much plonk here.
No genetic engineered crops in Taswegia-land, yet!
But you'd better get in quick before the marsupial stoners have their fill:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-06-25/h ... ps/1332044

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Notung wrote:That's the mistake these people are making. The differences between the social groups are all general trends, not necessarily applying to every single individual. One person can't speak for 'their group', just as Myers can't speak for all white people when he claims that we're all 'racist as fuck'. He can only speak for himself, and I believe him!
Exactly. White privilage and male privilage they both exist as general trends and the evidence for them is indistupable, e.g., among two resumes that are identical except that one has a black sounding name and other has a white sounding name, the white sounding one is more likely (in statistical terms) to get a response back. That, in essence, is white privilage, the notion that being white *might* give you a better treatmen, or in other words, if you average over all white people and black people, white people are treated more favorably. But just because the average in one group is higher than the other does not imply that every single member of the first group is treated better than every single member of the other group; a statement about averages cannot be turned around and applied to individuals.

windy

Post by windy »

comslave wrote: NoGodsNoMasters wrote:
It's nobody else's fault that your idea of fashion is to raid your grandma's closet.
Raiding grandma's closet or shopping secondhand would actually be clever if one likes "vintage style things", but it seems that she's only considering buying newly made clothes (and there is only one "vintage style"? and only 2 dresses in that style exist in her size? whut?)

Michael K Gray

Re: Now gobbled by [spoiler]her orifice[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

windy wrote:Raiding grandma's closet or shopping secondhand would actually be clever if one likes "vintage style things", but it seems that she's only considering buying newly made clothes (and there is only one "vintage style"? and only 2 dresses in that style exist in her size? whut?)
Give her a break! Please?
After all, she did just find a solution to all world hunger, and cure all globally known diseases, and cure all men of leaving up the toilet seat, so she garners a tiny bit of lee-way to komplain about totally inconsequential and pointlessly utterly trivial first-world non-problems.
Jeeze Louise: Get a sense of proportion, please.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

On the /r/gaming subreddit at the moment there's an interesting thread about Anita Sarkeesian asking why she hasn't produced anything since she received $150,000 in sympathy donations from a group of idiots who were attacking her:

It's the same pattern: make controversial statements on the internet, wait for inevitable trollish comments, use the worst of those to become a professional victim/martyr and then $$$$ profit.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

So Grimalkin ("he pronouns plz") has written and performed a song mocking anyone who hates atheismplus to the tune of Pokemon.

Jesus Christ.

http://grimalkinblog.wordpress.com/2012 ... n-masters/

Whatever you do, don't visit the rest of the blog.

Michael K Gray

Re: Sponsored by [spoiler]A+[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

jjbinx007 wrote:So Grimalkin ("he pronouns plz") has written and performed a song mocking anyone who hates atheismplus to the tune of Pokemon.

Jesus Christ.

This snippet of jizz's libretto sums it up neatly:
Grimacing wrote:OUR GROUPTHINK WILL *PULL US THROUGH,
(ooohh)LEARN FROM ME AND I’LL TEACH YOU,

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Eh, I'm famous(er) now:

http://storify.com/OpheIiaBenson/the-po ... y-pingback

Why I engaged in this talk in the first place I have no idea about, but I blame it on overconsumption of fermented beverage*.

*Ouch! Right in the MKG!

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Lapsang Souchong wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Solar panels?
Is that wax cotton duster you're wearing in your avatar? I own a few Barbour coats and waistcoats.[/quote]

A few? I have just one Barbour Border jacket, demonstrably thornproof.

::weeps at the injustice of the world::

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

jjbinx007 wrote:So Grimalkin ("he pronouns plz") has written and performed a song mocking anyone who hates atheismplus to the tune of Pokemon.

Jesus Christ.

HaHa. So I read some more of the blog.
I’m afraid of the dark. At night turning off my light is the last thing I do and then I instantly go to sleep because staying awake is too terrifying. But I can’t be terrified of the dark when I’m asleep. Except sometimes I have nightmares about the fact that I’m asleep and it’s dark. Such nightmares have now woken me up for the second time this month.
I don’t like it.
Poor Grimalkin. It must be terrible to be a 3-year old trapped in an adult body and where your nightmares about it being dark are a cause for concern.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Walter Ego wrote:

I posted this before I watched the entire video. Anton, the Atheist Asshole (a misnomer since he not at all an a-hole), was completely unaware of Benson's modus operandi, though he did receive a quick education. He was also unaware of Benson's comparison of TAM to Nazi Germany (the digression about Oolon) so he's not completely wised up yet. Maybe some can assist him via comments on YT.

He was on the A-news podcast tonight I filled in some blanks for him

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

I finally have obtained (via the freedom from information act, Section F, 1962) a transcript of the security audio recording inside that Dublin elevator at 4AM:
Welcome to Xpress Lifts, descent to floor sixteen. You will be going up two thousand, five hundred and sixty-seven floors¹ and, for a small extra charge, you can enjoy the in-lift movie "Lair, Liar, with Jim Carrey" If you look to your right and to your left, you will notice there are no exits. In the highly unlikely event of the lift having to make a crash-landing, death is certain. Under your seats you will find a cassette for recording your last will and testament, and from above your head a bag will drop containing sedatives and cyanide capsules.
You may wish to take these after listening to your fellow passenger.
¹ Barely enuf time to have a prolonged and temporally variable conversation with your charming lift partner, who you firmly and confidently know listened to your lecture, which nowhere specified the accused delinquent behaviour, but afterward pleaded transient prosopagnosia, amongst other glaring outright fucking lies and fraud.)

TheMan

Re: Sponsored by [spoiler]A+[/spoiler]

Post by TheMan »

Michael K Gray wrote:

Jesus Christ.

This snippet of jizz's libretto sums it up neatly:
Grimacing wrote:OUR GROUPTHINK WILL *PULL US THROUGH,
(ooohh)LEARN FROM ME AND I’LL TEACH YOU,
And I read just that little too much of the blog... more than I should have and all this now just before I go to sleep wondering if I have depression cause I look it up on google and you know shopping around for a diagnoses and it's almost bedtime and the thought of going to bed now that I've read the blog and turning off the lights while it's raining outside and it's been raining for two days and I shouldn't complain but the voices in my head are talking very loud and the dog is looking up at me from under the table like I am a god and I know I am because I keep telling the wife this aspect of me, of who I am, and she laughs or I should say used to laugh now she just rolls her eyes...well she doesn't even do that any more it like more like a blank expression and avoiding my thought patterns and I shouldn't have read the fudkcing blog, fuck who ever posted the link how on earth did you come across it... fuck.

I wonder is there is any icecream left in the fridge....

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Pitchguest wrote:
People of colour. When that becomes obsolete, what is next
White People : Pink People : Brown People : Black People

Nice And Simple And Unintentionally Politically Correct Too

So No One To Find Offence Now Though Some May Doubtless Try

Michael K Gray

Re: Know sponsonned by [spoiler]my cunt[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Eh, I'm famous(er) now:

http://storify.com/OpheIiaBenson/the-po ... y-pingback

Why I engaged in this talk in the first place I have no idea about, but I blame it on overconsumption of fermented beverage*.

*Ouch! Right in the MKG!
You said "beverage"!
Slowly I turned ... step by step ... inch by inch ..