Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Old subthreads
justinvacula

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by justinvacula »

Reap wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote: In a day or two, odds are she'll claim you tried to trick her into appearing on your podcast in order to further harass her. Or something similar.

Thing is I didn't invite her this time, it was Lee Moore and if I had really wanted to trick her all I would have had to do was refrain from mentioning i was on the show, she accepted the invite at first. I have no interest in attacking or tricking Ophelia that is why I insisted Lee tell her who was on the podcast. Then when we were honest with her she shunned us. Real classy Ophelia, does it hurt to look in the mirror sometimes?
Ophelia wouldn't come on my podcast either. After she started complaining on my FB page and hurling insults at Karla Porter and I, I invited her on to give her side of the story. She wanted nothing of it.

Some screenshots from my old website:
http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/08/oph ... ining.html

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

justinvacula wrote:
Reap wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote: In a day or two, odds are she'll claim you tried to trick her into appearing on your podcast in order to further harass her. Or something similar.

Thing is I didn't invite her this time, it was Lee Moore and if I had really wanted to trick her all I would have had to do was refrain from mentioning i was on the show, she accepted the invite at first. I have no interest in attacking or tricking Ophelia that is why I insisted Lee tell her who was on the podcast. Then when we were honest with her she shunned us. Real classy Ophelia, does it hurt to look in the mirror sometimes?
Ophelia wouldn't come on my podcast either. After she started complaining on my FB page and hurling insults at Karla Porter and I, I invited her on to give her side of the story. She wanted nothing of it.

IMO Ophelia is actually worse than PZ. If I was Reap, I'd start preparing the documentation of what really happened ASAP (if there is any).

welch

Post by welch »

ERV wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:Jen McCreight, (the PhD candidate, as she tells you), has a new astounding insight into didacticism:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/blaghag/fil ... 300x54.png
I see the Pokémon world as a great way to teach people about actual biology.
Way to go Jen! You fucken' beaut mate!
Another brain-storm to rival A+!!
Let's see how long this premature baby survives.
But when it comes to the biology of the Pokémon world, I've found it's not necessary to invoke "magic!" as an explanation.
No, it is not. It is FICTION, you fucking ignoramus.

Jen makes me despair. When the fuck will she grow-the-fuck-up and smell reality?
When her Happy Army stages a coup d'état against her?

At least it will be superior to PZ's Zebra-Fish Massacre method.
Pokemon, "Happy Army"... Grow up Jen. You have to do it sometime. And you'll find new things to like and fantasize about.
How to isolate the vast, vast majority of the human population to not communicate the ideas you profess to want to communicate:
Step 1-- Isolate 99% of your audience by using an analogy they wont understand. Pick a reference like a little kids game that came out in 1998. That way, you can be sure that anyone over the age of 25 wont have a clue what your talking about.

Step 2-- Narrow your target audience even further by picking a $40 game on a $100 portable gaming device. If your audience is young enough, but grew up poor, fuck em!

Step 3-- Of the fraction of the human population you have left, make sure you completely isolate them by addressing them as total retards. Grown ass adults who are too stupid/ADHD to understand or appreciate real science, so make up shit 'science' in the context of fantasy to keep their attention. But make sure you talk about 'science' so you can tell the NSF you are doing 'science education and outreach' on your grant applications.

Gross.
ahem. You'd be surprised at how many old pharts know a lot about pokemon. My knowledge is mostly in self-defense, but yes, I have seen 3 of the movies, and up until the more recent generations, actually can hold my own talking about them.

:-P

mordacious1

OB

Post by mordacious1 »

Okay, I just read through those Ed Brayton blogs about Ophelia's statements about Shermer's comments. Before I slit my wrists and bleed out, I'd like to say that I now have this image in my head of Ophie lying in a padded cell while in a straight jacket in some psychiatric unit somewhere, with her face in a puddle of drool saying over and over: "I am not a liar, I didn't defame, I didn't quote mine, I'm a good girl, I am...".

welch

Post by welch »

Altair wrote:
another lurker wrote:
I visit this one fashion blog where women spend all day tearing apart other women.

The regulars all have one thing in common. They HATE HATE HATE HATE Kate Upton.

Recently, these 'femnists' (who, I will repeat, LOVE to pick apart other women, this is the entire point of the blog) were picking on Kate Upton b/c she 'is bouncy bouncy cute cute ditzy blonde' who is 'the reason why men objectify women' and 'she's trashy and just a ditz and is not helping women out at all.'
I pointed out that being cute cute bouncy bouncy is JUST FINE and that there is nothing inherently wrong with being a bimbo.
Funny how "feminism is about women being free to choose what they want" doesn't apply there. I don't see anything inherently wrong with being cute cute bouncy bouncy, especially when she's getting paid for it. It's her job to be bouncy bouncy, but I don't know how much of that is her and how much is a character she plays.

It's weird how she seems to be the target of a lot of hate from some women, I read somewhere that other models don't like her, although there could be an element of competition there.

She has the opposite effect on men. I think it actually goes beyond her obvious physical attributes (I want to write bouncy bouncy again :) ), it also has to do with the fact that she looks really sweet, goofy and approachable. When you're part of the gender who is expected to initiate contact most of the time, a girl who looks approachable makes it easier.
another lurker wrote: I was then lectured on how Salma Hayek and Dita von Teese, though 'boobalicious' are in fact, unique, and, in possession of great DEEPITY ( I paraphrase:p). And that even Marilyn Monroe was in fact, a closet GENIUS, and that this is why people loved her.

But Kate Upton, well, she is just a worthless ditzy blonde, and all on her own, she is causing men to objectify women and not respect them! If only she was SEXY and DEEP, well then, women would no longer be objectified!
Apparently they equate being attracted to a woman's body with objectifying her? there must be some interesting psychological phenomenon there, but my DEEPITY is not enough to see it.

another lurker wrote: http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-conte ... on-05v.jpg

Bonus: these same women then started bitching about the fact that Kate has a 'moustache' on her top lip,and how dare she, any good model would wax that shit!
She has a moustache? :oops: hmm, yes, it took me like 10 minutes of staring at that picture to notice it. I was only staring to see if you were right, you know? skepticism and all that :liar:

It seems to come down to control, if a woman doesn't behave the way they want, then she's an air-headed bimbo with no self-respect. Sounds like the same as slut-shaming to me.

PS. the spoiler tags would have been useful, but I hope no one will bitch complain about having that picture reposted.
'Stache-shaming? Fuck, it took me 30 seconds to notice she even had a HEAD in that picture. Those are some amazing tits.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Crommunist believes that Europe is a magical nation of white people who are all blonde haired and blue eyed and that there are certainly no dark skinned people there nor have their ever been and there have certainly been absolutely no racial mingling with those folks from the continent like, Right Next Door. Ever! That would never happen. I remember having similar conversations with SJW Americans who didn't know there were African Kingdoms. I'm like... y'know... Africa isn't just where y'all got slaves. Shit was happening there for quiiiite a while.

And you know, no Europeans have ever experienced racism, either. LOL. 'Cos that's something that only happens to those coloureds!

That man is a piece of shit.

welch

Re: social justice at the salad bar

Post by welch »

Apples wrote:Kate Donovan, co-blogger over at Ashley Miller's page, links to a blog article about veganism and intersectional awesome-ism-ness.

Vegan (Super)powers, Vegan Privilege: Musings on My Food Choices
A. Grace Steig wrote:Wonderful writers, including but not limited to A. Breeze Harper at Sistah Vegan and the contributors to Vegans of Color, write about how race, class, gender, and sexuality affect the experience of those who practice plant-based diets. In her work, Harper has discussed, among other things, the erasure of black women and men in popular portrayals of veganism; and how a plant-based diet can serve as a means to health and decolonization in a society of systemic oppression.
Being vegan is racist against blacks! Wait. No - it's good - it's anticolonial.... Now I'm confused. :(
I seek more freedoms for myself and other folks – for people of color, queer people, trans people, poor people, people with disabilities, people with mental illness, people who are incarcerated, women, and others. Beyond the observably feminist agenda, I also seek more freedoms for nonhuman animals and plants. I believe that animals and plants should have more opportunities to live and thrive, not as part of monocultures cultivated for human conception, but with greater biodiversity.
Maybe she can arrange for some nonhuman animals and plants to go to the WIS conference. Also - "monocultures cultivated for human conception?" Whatever.
Responsible eating, like responsible feminism, requires learning to question previously held beliefs. It requires tuning one’s ear to try to hear more voices. Who have you not listened to before? Who has society not listened to yet? I find that the many new voices I have been exposed to via feminist, environmentalist, and queer theory feed into my conscience, affecting my understanding of how I affect others, and the physical world, with my decisions. Pardon me for the synesthetic metaphor, but very few things taste better.
Sometimes the broccoli screams when I spear it with my fork, but I only eat male cis-gendered broccoli, so I think that makes it okay. h/t SimpleFlower.
I try to improve my eating, like my social justice. “Textbook” veganism is complicated by social justice concerns. For instance, the former does not account for the fact that plant-based items are not all equally just. The revenue of certain tomatoes, oranges, chocolates, and coffees reaches the humans who cultivate them; while the revenue of other food products can force people to work in slavery conditions.
If every feminist Yale student just chose her vegan chocolate properly, slavery would *floosh!* no longer be a problem.
Many feminists cede privileges. Men who fight for gender equality combat the existence of male privilege, because they understand it to be unjust. Some cis, trans, queer, and straight women who are feminists do not have access to the discourse of conventional femininity, and thus the agency that can make life easier for the not-in-power. People who do not fit into the gender binary frequently have access to neither the power nor agency of masculinity/femininity. A whole lot of folks stand up against injustice, and may lose some access because of it.
This. This. A thousand times this. Wait .... what?
At 15, as now, I was tempted to hesitate when faced with things that involve “willpower,” because the “power” part sounds like an awful lot of effort expended. Yet I propose an alternate definition, one that indicates the “power” received from the use of will. Because, here is a little vegan-secret: the comic series/movie Scott Pilgrim speaks the truth, I receive superpowers from veganism. In many circles, there is social currency in it; it is seen as impressive or unique. On a more personal level, to practice a lifestyle in accordance with my beliefs is an incredible privilege, and gives me incredible confidence. My veganism is feminist. I find it an incredibly empowering experience to listen to my conscience – and to act.
Where is Kassiane when you need her? This girl's Ivy League feminist Nietzschean veganism is making me dizzy.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... cellany-2/
http://broadrecognition.com/opinion/veg ... d-choices/
I find it incredibly empowering to ask vegans how they feel about all the small animals killed to get food from the field to their plate. Explaining how combines work is awesome..."yeah. so your potatoes? Coated in dead fuzzy bunny slurry. Bon Appetit!"

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

That Kate Upton chick looks happy and fun in the photos I've just binged. Cannot believe the kind of person who'd invest their time in shitting on some random model's looks online.

welch

Post by welch »

comslave wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
Jesus Christ in pink satin pumps, what the actual fuck is wrong with these people? I totally get that there are legitimate (and not Todd Akin legitimate) reasons for being overweight. However, most fat people are fat because they eat TOO MUCH FUCKING SHITTY FOOD! Me, included. Fuck-all these shitstained excuses. If you are fat, embrace your lardiness and enjoy your Twinkies, Pop Tarts and Oreos and quit your fucking bitching.
I have a pair of parents currently dying from the side effects of obesity, so I can't second your emotion there. Plus the extra costs this puts on the healthcare system means I'm paying more for your twinkie obsession. This will get worse if we get universal healthcare as I will end up paying in some part for every type 2 diabetic out there. So I'm currently on a campaign to stop this "embrace being a lardass" movement that's going on.

My personal pet peeve is when someone claims they are medically incapable of losing wieght due to metabolism. BULLSHIT. If that were true, your doctor would advise gastric bypass or stomache stapling. There's just no such thing as a person doomed to be fat.

We've used technology to take all the physical stress out of life. That means you have to put physical stress back in. I try to put in at least 6 hours a week on a treadmill. I know I have to or I'll end up looking like the average american.

And to me, that seems pretty easy. Show up at the gym, get on a treadmill, and just keep going for at least an hour. Repeat the next day. How is this so hard to figure out for so many americans?

So I'm on a campaign to reverse that anti fat-shaming movement. You're not plus sized, you're fat. You're not big boned, you're fat. There's not more of you to love, there's more of you to be repulsed by.

And if you whine about your clothes not fucking fitting, GET ON A TREADMILL!!!!

There is a world, a WORLD of difference between metabolism making it HARDER to be in shape, (true), and metabolism making it impossible to be anything but jabba the fucking hutt.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

You think a professional writer would be able to defend herslf better than "I did not lie. I'll sue you"

welch

Post by welch »

justinvacula wrote:Secular Student Alliance 2013 Columbus Ohio speaker list released including Amanda Marcotte :o

https://www.secularstudents.org/2013con ... s/speakers

http://i.imgur.com/CdjPRfX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KPO1hgo.jpg
Just hold up a sign that says "Presumption of innocence...it's the law", see if she cries.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

justinvacula wrote:Ophelia wouldn't come on my podcast either. After she started complaining on my FB page and hurling insults at Karla Porter and I, I invited her on to give her side of the story. She wanted nothing of it.

With a creepy ass face like yours, the pedo moustache and all, I would also avoid you. And I'm a 7ft, 240lb master of Kendo, Karate and Shu Lin Tamaka. With a pistol holster surgically created on my right thigh. And mace nozzles implanted up my nostrils.

You ain't getting within 60ft of me, you cunt.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Steersman; Has anyone told you that your writing is poorly focused and unnecessarily long winded and verbose? That you come across as pretentious and not as clever as you think you are? That you must have skipped English class the day they were teaching how to edit?
If so do you blame the reader and not your crappy writing?
If you are able to answer these questions in under a thousand words I may even read your response.
Well – Michael K Gray [MKG] did describe my writing as “impenetrable and unnecessarily prolix sludge” so I’m not totally unaware that at least some are less than impressed with my dulcet, lyrical, cogent, and deathless prose.

However, one might argue that one man’s verbosity is another’s terse-to-the-point-of-obscurity. Seems to me that we are all, more or less, in possession of varying degrees of knowledge and information in various fields which we seek to impart, one way or another and in varying degrees and to varying extents, to anything but a homogenous audience. Which then makes it a practical dead-certainty that some descriptions are going to be too complex or verbose for the background of some and too simple or terse for those of others. Hence the necessity, I think, to provide links to supporting or elaborating evidence.

But, for instance, as BannedAid cogently – and rather kindly – put it [# 558], “Sometimes it's tough to express even really simple ideas (which Steersman's point wasn't) clearly”. More particularly, the “idea” under discussion was the impact of gender feminism and some of the philosophical “principles” which undergird it, as well as its ramifications and consequences – hardly a simple idea, at least I don’t find it so nor, apparently, did BannedAid. And while my synopsis of that idea may not have been as clear and as well-phrased as I would, in retrospect, have liked, that BannedAid obviously “got” the gist of it tends to discredit the charges of Ionesagi or MKG that my phrasing was particularly “impenetrable” or verbose or overly “gussied up” – particularly since I provided a link to Pinker’s chapter on the topic as a guide for the perplexed, but which apparently neither of them referred to.

As for pretentious”, I hardly think I’m “claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit”, although I suppose I might plead “guilty” to “making or marked by extravagant outward show” – at least to some extent. I do have a tendency to embellish, to “gussy” things up a bit – mea culpa, although my impression is that generally the additions are relevant to the point I’m trying to make. But I suppose I might make an effort in the future to see whether that is really the case.

But “not as clever as you think you are”? Since you can’t really know precisely what I think about my degree of cleverness – good in some areas, execrable in others which is the source of some frustration if not despair – I wonder what evidence you have to justify that conclusion. Always – or almost always – willing to stand corrected and see the “errors of my ways”. But, as suggested earlier, because of the nature of the medium and audience, I pretty well have to “call them as I see them” – as do we all, I think – and provide supporting information where available, and stand ready to be corrected or at least engage in discussion on the point – I’m hardly making any ex cathedra statements. However, if that still looks like I’m thinking “I’m more clever than I really am” then I might point out that looks can be deceiving, and constitute a largely subjective judgement.

As for my editing skills, that reminds me of an anecdote from my Writing: Craft and Art manual – something I didn’t get as far into as I would have liked. However, the anecdote was of an interview of Ernest Hemingway who had had to rewrite his Farewell to Arms thirty-nine times. And on being asked, relative to that, “Was there some technical problem there? What was it that had stumped you?”, Hemingway replied, “Getting the words right”. While very few of us, particularly me, are of that caliber or have the luxury of that time, I think it highlights the fact that editing can be a time consuming chore – and that the nature of the beast necessitates saying “good enough” at some point. Or, as someone else observed, “if I had had more time, I would have made a shorter and tighter missive”.
Depends on the reader and the writing in question – I tend to be leery of categorical statements of virtually any kind. If nobody “gets it” then probably “Casey has struck out”; if somebody does then it means my writing wasn’t totally beyond the pale and that some “fault” resides with the other readers, even if I might have phrased things better to reach more of them.
If you are able to answer these questions in under a thousand words I may even read your response.
764, more or less ….

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:Spoiler tags went as there is a very unpleasant and at present unstoppable interaction between the JS they used and php. This essentially made the site 100% vulnerable to crackers.

Y'all are WAY too late to keep the crackers out.

welch

Post by welch »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Anybody want a hypnobutt?

fap, fap, BANG

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:
Git Mobile wrote: Islam is a race now is it?

What is it with fucking liberals and their constant shilling for Islam, the most genocidal fascist misogynistic backwards belief system on the planet?
As someone who is a liberal, I can't figure this out either. An attack on Islam is NOT an attack on brown skinned people who speak Arabic, but somehow many want to equate the two things and it's annoying as shit. Some people think that attacking ideas is attacking the person, which is not necessarily true. It is possible to do both, but that must be done deliberately and simply criticizing the theology is not equivalent to tearing down the adherent.

I also don't view mockery of single individuals as Islamophobia, such as this:
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... 166711.png

Does this ridicule a single Muslim? Yes. Is that an attack on all Muslims? No.
Sort of a minor quibble – if not what some might call an opportunity to emphasize my status as a contrarian, although I think there are important principles in play here – you say, in effect and quite credibly, that “attacking ideas is [not] attacking the person”, and that ridiculing “a single Muslim” isn’t an attack on all of them.

However, from one perspective – the dictionary – at least, an attack is “To criticize strongly or in a hostile manner”. Which then raises, I think, some problematic questions as to the extent to which ideas are part of a person. For instance, one might argue that ideas are manifested as certain biochemical structures in our brains such that any expressions which shake the foundations of those structures – by calling into question their credibility or veracity, for example – are going to be experienced as some degree of pain which could be construed as an attack or assault on the person. Which is what apparently motivated some woman in a recent video from Thunderfoot on “Feminism” to argue – most illogically – that everyone’s rights to free expression ends where anyone’s right to not be offended begins.

Seems to me that the only reasonable way off the horns of that particular dilemma is the childhood aphorism: “sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me”. Curiously, and maybe not surprisingly, an aphorism on which Ophelia Benson had this to say:

The saying about sticks and stones is utter bullshit. I despise it.

But then again, I don’t think she’s particularly keen either on the one about sauce for the goose being sauce for the gander ....

However, methinks that verbal attacks are still within the Marquis of Queensbury rules, although I think that even those can cross the line into bullying and harassment depending to some extent on the age - mental and physical - of the targets.

Having been hit with stones, sticks and words, the sticks and stones suck more.

Just sayin'.

welch

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Aslan[/spoiler]

Post by welch »

Submariner wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Musilm is the name given to someone who has decided to declare themselves as followers of the faith Islam

I can hate Muslims for their stupid choice of behaviours without you telling me that it is not OK thank you

Muslims can to not be Muslims not easy, but it has been done. It is a behavioural CHOICE
Mic - there is this thing called apostasy and in Islam - unfortunately - it is punishable by death

You are right though - you can hate whoever you want but it is not something I would recommend

I don't hate MUSLIMS (unless they start flying aircraft), but I do hate ISLAM.
The idea that one group of people is magically smarter or stupider than any other group because of the reason the group exists just shows how relentlessly fucking stupid humans are.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Michael J wrote:The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

You think a professional writer would be able to defend herslf better than "I did not lie. I'll sue you"
Seems to be a bit of a mantra with her as she has repeated it often - there and on another of Brayton's posts. But I figure that Shermer has better cause and justification for suing since she essentially called him a sexist, as did several others, notably Myers, Cristina, and Brayton.

welch

Post by welch »

TheMan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Spoiler tags went as there is a very unpleasant and at present unstoppable interaction between the JS they used and php. This essentially made the site 100% vulnerable to crackers.

I don't recall giving you permission to make an announcement.

signed
TheMan
He's such a fascist tit.

welch

Post by welch »

rayshul wrote:Crommunist believes that Europe is a magical nation of white people who are all blonde haired and blue eyed and that there are certainly no dark skinned people there nor have their ever been and there have certainly been absolutely no racial mingling with those folks from the continent like, Right Next Door. Ever! That would never happen. I remember having similar conversations with SJW Americans who didn't know there were African Kingdoms. I'm like... y'know... Africa isn't just where y'all got slaves. Shit was happening there for quiiiite a while.

And you know, no Europeans have ever experienced racism, either. LOL. 'Cos that's something that only happens to those coloureds!

I'm waiting for someone to explain the concept of "The Moors" to him.

Bet he cries.

welch

Post by welch »

Michael J wrote:The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

The correct response to that is 'Lawyer up then'.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Just in case the Michael Heath vs Ophelia Benson interaction gets memory-holed, I've freeze-paged it here.
http://www.freezepage.com/1359438954ECTRJYIRYP

Michael K Gray

Re: Now written by [spoiler]Shakespeare[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

welch wrote:I'm waiting for someone to explain the concept of "The Moors" to him.
Bet he cries.
Being the erudite, educated and smokily urbane sophisticate that he quite plainly is, I'll wager that Crommuniste has read Othello at least 3 times, and attends Royal Shakespeare Company's plays every nighte when they are in towne.
He's just pretending to be a clueless rude dumb infantile know-nothing hillbilly hick to sharpen his acting skills.

He giveth the game away by usinge Shakespeariane Spellinge.

I must say, his acting is very convincing!
RADA must have hime on their RADAR.

Ba! He knows more about the Moors than any of us.

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Atheismplus contributing to Social Justice. Hoorah!
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 875#p67208
http://i.imgur.com/UCzTyGB.jpg
Re: Are the moderators here censorious, capricious and biase
Postby GreatBlueHeron » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:40 am
Hey mood. What you see as just talking on the internet is actually social justice in action. People come here, learn, and apply what they've learned here out into meatspace. And, HELLO, this site is a harbor for people like me. The people who created this site and do their best to maintain it as a safe space for marginalized people? That's social justice in action--people taking action. It should be evident, Why you refuse to see that is confusing as hell.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Just in case the Michael Heath vs Ophelia Benson interaction gets memory-holed, I've freeze-paged it here.
http://www.freezepage.com/1359438954ECTRJYIRYP
Comment #37 over there is evidence that can only be described as damning. And Ophelia's only response is "nuh uh!" This is hilarious.
Hey mood. What you see as just talking on the internet is actually social justice in action. People come here, learn, and apply what they've learned here out into meatspace. And, HELLO, this site is a harbor for people like me. The people who created this site and do their best to maintain it as a safe space for marginalized people? That's social justice in action--people taking action. It should be evident, Why you refuse to see that is confusing as hell.
I think someone already posted this earlier (and it may even have been me), but it deserves another mention. This is them actually admitting that they don't do shit. They have to pretend that arguing about privilege and secret forums is super important stuff, because all their efforts to actually get shit done fell flat, or descended into yet another argument.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

rayshul wrote:Crommunist believes that Europe is a magical nation of white people who are all blonde haired and blue eyed and that there are certainly no dark skinned people there nor have their ever been and there have certainly been absolutely no racial mingling with those folks from the continent like, Right Next Door. Ever! That would never happen. I remember having similar conversations with SJW Americans who didn't know there were African Kingdoms. I'm like... y'know... Africa isn't just where y'all got slaves. Shit was happening there for quiiiite a while.

Essentially every country with power kept slaves. The Arabs kept slaves, the Europeans kept slaves and the Africans kept slaves. Not just exclusively on their own continent either, even to Asia, whose denizens we should remind also kept slaves.

It seems as if Ian Cromwell is playing the "sins of the fathers" game. But I'm curious why in his attempt to rid the world of racism, he is indirectly having racist thoughts. What is it they say? Check your privilege?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Oh yes, I am way too tired of people using the whole slavery thing. It's racist regardless, but add the fact that you're ignoring that multiple peoples inc. africans kept slaves just makes it ultra racist. I have yet to see anyone come up with an actual reply when you say this.

On the bright side... my debut. Fuck yes.

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sucked by [spoiler]Setar[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

UnbelieveSteve wrote:Atheismplus contributing to Social Justice. Hoorah!
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 875#p67208.
On that very thread, the stupid cunt Setar displays just how monumentally out-of-touch with reality he is:
Shitstar wrote:I don't like the Oppression Olympics, but if anything i hate the Activist Olympics even more. because, not all of us are willing or able to get into high levels of activism. we have lives, we have spoon limits. for some, like me, the most we can do is haul our asses to a rally or march hoping it doesn't turn violent and we end up getting pepper-sprayed or kettled or arrested and possibly given nerve damage by the cuffs.
WTF? This "hoping it doesn't" followed by some imaginary victim-cred?
What planet is Seetard on?

The only time that I have seen him on any sort of real-life activism, he was wielding a box-cutter, and attempting to vandalise private property! (Printed posters that stated that rape was bad that he thought sent the wrong message)
He was carrying an offensive weapon, yet the precious petal fantasises about nerve damage from handcuffs?

Setar is so seriously mental that I worry for anyone around the fucking retarded self-aggrandising lunatic.

Eucliwood

Re: Now sucked by [spoiler]Setar[/spoiler]

Post by Eucliwood »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Shitstar wrote:I don't like the Oppression Olympics, but if anything i hate the Activist Olympics even more. because, not all of us are willing or able to get into high levels of activism. we have lives, we have spoon limits. for some, like me, the most we can do is haul our asses to a rally or march hoping it doesn't turn violent and we end up getting pepper-sprayed or kettled or arrested and possibly given nerve damage by the cuffs.
WTF? This "hoping it doesn't" followed by some imaginary victim-cred?
What planet is Seetard on?

The only time that I have seen him on any sort of real-life activism, he was wielding a box-cutter, and attempting to vandalise private property! (Printed posters that stated that rape was bad that he thought sent the wrong message)
He was carrying an offensive weapon, yet the precious petal fantasises about nerve damage from handcuffs?

Setar is so seriously mental that I worry for anyone around the fucking retarded self-aggrandising lunatic.
Oh my god, he's officially my favorite A+neonate! How cute is that? I'm in the mood for some more humor, so I'll just go ahead and take a peek at him.

comslave

Post by comslave »

welch wrote:

fap, fap, BANG

Let's face it, even some of the WOMEN in the slymepit are objectifying the girl in this image.

comslave

Post by comslave »

welch wrote:

fap, fap, BANG

Let's face it, even some of the WOMEN in the slymepit are objectifying the girl in this image.

comslave

Post by comslave »

AND the double post IS NOT MY FAULT. some damn user interface error.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Can someone please drop this link on that thread?

I'm perma-banned but know they'll love it.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Steersman wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Steersman; Has anyone told you that your writing is poorly focused and unnecessarily long winded and verbose? That you come across as pretentious and not as clever as you think you are? That you must have skipped English class the day they were teaching how to edit?
Well – Michael K Gray [MKG] did describe my writing as “impenetrable and unnecessarily prolix sludge” so I’m not totally unaware that at least some are less than impressed with my dulcet, lyrical, cogent, and deathless prose.

However, one might argue that one man’s verbosity is another’s terse-to-the-point-of-obscurity. Seems to me that we are all, more or less, in possession of varying degrees of knowledge and information in various fields which we seek to impart, one way or another and in varying degrees and to varying extents, to anything but a homogenous audience. Which then makes it a practical dead-certainty that some descriptions are going to be too complex or verbose for the background of some and too simple or terse for those of others. Hence the necessity, I think, to provide links to supporting or elaborating evidence.

But, for instance, as BannedAid cogently – and rather kindly – put it [# 558], “Sometimes it's tough to express even really simple ideas (which Steersman's point wasn't) clearly”. More particularly, the “idea” under discussion was the impact of gender feminism and some of the philosophical “principles” which undergird it, as well as its ramifications and consequences – hardly a simple idea, at least I don’t find it so nor, apparently, did BannedAid. And while my synopsis of that idea may not have been as clear and as well-phrased as I would, in retrospect, have liked, that BannedAid obviously “got” the gist of it tends to discredit the charges of Ionesagi or MKG that my phrasing was particularly “impenetrable” or verbose or overly “gussied up” – particularly since I provided a link to Pinker’s chapter on the topic as a guide for the perplexed, but which apparently neither of them referred to.

As for pretentious”, I hardly think I’m “claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit”, although I suppose I might plead “guilty” to “making or marked by extravagant outward show” – at least to some extent. I do have a tendency to embellish, to “gussy” things up a bit – mea culpa, although my impression is that generally the additions are relevant to the point I’m trying to make. But I suppose I might make an effort in the future to see whether that is really the case.

But “not as clever as you think you are”? Since you can’t really know precisely what I think about my degree of cleverness – good in some areas, execrable in others which is the source of some frustration if not despair – I wonder what evidence you have to justify that conclusion. Always – or almost always – willing to stand corrected and see the “errors of my ways”. But, as suggested earlier, because of the nature of the medium and audience, I pretty well have to “call them as I see them” – as do we all, I think – and provide supporting information where available, and stand ready to be corrected or at least engage in discussion on the point – I’m hardly making any ex cathedra statements. However, if that still looks like I’m thinking “I’m more clever than I really am” then I might point out that looks can be deceiving, and constitute a largely subjective judgement.

As for my editing skills, that reminds me of an anecdote from my Writing: Craft and Art manual – something I didn’t get as far into as I would have liked. However, the anecdote was of an interview of Ernest Hemingway who had had to rewrite his Farewell to Arms thirty-nine times. And on being asked, relative to that, “Was there some technical problem there? What was it that had stumped you?”, Hemingway replied, “Getting the words right”. While very few of us, particularly me, are of that caliber or have the luxury of that time, I think it highlights the fact that editing can be a time consuming chore – and that the nature of the beast necessitates saying “good enough” at some point. Or, as someone else observed, “if I had had more time, I would have made a shorter and tighter missive”.
Depends on the reader and the writing in question – I tend to be leery of categorical statements of virtually any kind. If nobody “gets it” then probably “Casey has struck out”; if somebody does then it means my writing wasn’t totally beyond the pale and that some “fault” resides with the other readers, even if I might have phrased things better to reach more of them.
764, more or less ….

I love you...... Prousto

(you do crack me up)

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Pitchguest wrote:

Essentially every country with power kept slaves. The Arabs kept slaves, the Europeans kept slaves and the Africans kept slaves. Not just exclusively on their own continent either, even to Asia, whose denizens we should remind also kept slaves.

It seems as if Ian Cromwell is playing the "sins of the fathers" game. But I'm curious why in his attempt to rid the world of racism, he is indirectly having racist thoughts. What is it they say? Check your privilege?

...and meanwhile those dirty Calabrians with their arab blood are schemeing on a plan of breeding beyond Naples and beyond....

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

rocko2466 wrote:
Can someone please drop this link on that thread?

I'm perma-banned but know they'll love it.

Rocko i tried dropping this onto their thread and earned my second ban.
Besides, you now need to provide a transcript for any video content. Oh wait, they already have that don't they? :lol:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Pitchguest wrote:

Yes. Everyone had fucking slaves. Of all different colours*. Is it ignorance or just this determination that HE MUST BE THE LESSER RACE or some shit? Like, from what he's saying he obviously wants people to just admit they fucking hate black people.

Pathetic.

(As a side note I think there's an essence of slavery I think around a lot of minimum wage jobs - the same power dynamic held by employers, where your life and health are dependent on your job. Bit worrisome in some places. I mean, yeah you get paid for it, and you can technically leave... but in reality, you can't, and your pay is about the cost of board and food.)

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Uncle Tom's Cabin[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

rayshul wrote:(As a side note I think there's an essence of slavery I think around a lot of minimum wage jobs - the same power dynamic held by employers, where your life and health are dependent on your job. Bit worrisome in some places. I mean, yeah you get paid for it, and you can technically leave... but in reality, you can't, and your pay is about the cost of board and food.)
Wage Slavery

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Michael K Gray wrote:
rayshul wrote:(As a side note I think there's an essence of slavery I think around a lot of minimum wage jobs - the same power dynamic held by employers, where your life and health are dependent on your job. Bit worrisome in some places. I mean, yeah you get paid for it, and you can technically leave... but in reality, you can't, and your pay is about the cost of board and food.)
Wage Slavery
Oooh yes! Thanks for the link.

I think that kind of slavery is very much alive.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

rayshul wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Wage Slavery
Oooh yes! Thanks for the link.

I think that kind of slavery is very much alive.
At least the A+Theismatists are immune from it, not having any visible form of employment.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

16bitheretic wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:http://www.retrogamer.net/users/204/thm ... frage2.jpg
As a person with a scientific mind and an avid player of Streets of Rage 2 for the Sega Mega-Drive/Genesis it always irked me how Axel could make fire appear from his arm when you pressed *forward-forward-A* on the pad.
It was this kind of scientific inaccuracy that would keep me awake at night so I made this graphic in an attempt to appear intelligent.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8496/8423 ... ae9687.jpg
That reminds me of something I saw on reddit, a screencap of a Facebook convo with a paleontologist who started playing Skyrim:
http://i.imgur.com/6VNSh.png
That... is fucking genius. To be honest, McCreight's mission to deal with Pokémon (or pocket monster) biology did make me laugh. But unless it's humorous like that paleontologist up there and fascinating at the same time, it's not going to be the same.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Git Mobile wrote:Damn those pesky Jews for not listening to their betters eh? Especially when they have the likes of Trophy here to tell them what they should find threatening or not. Ignore the two thousand years of persecution because Trophy is here to tell you what you can get upset about.
If you want to shut someone up by calling him a racist, then you better get ready to be criticized. Period. What you want here is the super power to shut people up by calling them a racist *and* have immunity from criticism. I'm sorry but that's a bit over-powered. We'll need to nerf that.
Git Mobile wrote:Islam is a race now is it?

What is it with fucking liberals and their constant shilling for Islam, the most genocidal fascist misogynistic backwards belief system on the planet?
1) I criticize Islam. All the fucking time. 2) Pat Condell's problem (or UKIP's problem, the political ideology that Condell supports) is not about muslims, it is about immigrants. They are anti-brown immigrtants and their criticism of Islam is a veiled anti-immigrant criticism. Why do you think they talk about "Eurabia?" Their theories about Muslims wanting to turn Europe into "Eurabia" is not about Islam it's about Arabs. And Arabs are a race you fucking dumbass.

See? Above is an argument. You can disagree with it but at least it's an argument. Now, try to make one of those.
Git Mobile wrote:My last comment on the subject
Good. You were boring me.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Trophy wrote:So, instead, look at the content of his beliefs: Muslims immigrate to UK, produce lots of babies, take over the white population, and then establish Muslim theocracy and the only way to stop it is to stop immigration from muslim countries. That is essentially the message of Pat Condell's videos. I hope I don't need to explain why this view is racist.
Muslims aren't a race.
It seems too many people are not getting it. "Muslim" also is not heritable. So, when they talk about Muslims producing many Muslims babies, and taking over the white population in a few generations, they are not actually talking about Muslims. They are talking about brown people. They are talking about immigrants. For them brown = Muslim = Arab. That's why they coin the term Eurabia. And that is why they hide behind the criticism of Islam while never making the distinction between a Muslim and an Arab. And that is why their criticism of Muslims is the spearhead of their anti-immigration policy.

Another Lurker MkII

Post by Another Lurker MkII »

Altair wrote:
Trophy wrote:Regarding Anita Sarkeesian, I think her situation is a bit unfortunate. She used to host a little youtbue channel with little exposure and her kickstarter project was also small scale. She was probably planning to buy a few councils, a few games, try them out and then make a few videos; $6000 doesn't really cover more than that. And what happened next I bet was totally unexpected for her. She got a lot of exposure which unleashed tons of trolls on her. She also raised almost $160,000 instead of $6000, which is probably the bieggest problem, because she cannot just buy four councils, 20 video games and make just five videos. She'll have to be more ambitious, much much more ambitious and that's a big problem, specially if she doesn't have the experience to deal with big projects.
Ambitious is too small a word to describe it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anitasarke ... hotostream

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7274/7619 ... cffb_c.jpg

A quick count+calculation suggests that there are approximately 160 games in that picture. If she played them for 2 weeks each, it would take her 6.13 years to play them all :o
Of course, I don´t know if the analysis she´d like to do takes more or less than 2 weeks of playtime. If she still plans to do it (I don't think she does, but YMMV), she'll need help from other people.
Oh brother...

If she wants some bullshit excuse to talk about sexism in videogames, she could save time and go to JRPGs. Some examples:
  • Anything from the Tales of... series by Namco. Usually, there is at least one female crazy cunt in each game. The last one that came to the Western shores, Tales of Graces f, actually got some progress by making the swimsuits costumes - a staple of the series - less revealing for the girls than for the boys.
  • The Ar Tonelico series, specially the 2nd and 3rd games (the 3rd one is a PS3 title). God, the Ar Tonelico series. Feminists would want to bomb Gust and NISA for that. A quick summation: you are a guy who partner with 2 or 3 Reyvatells (artificial female humans who can use Song Magic or something like that) and half of the game is basically you diving on the Reyvatells' minds to learn more about them, while also inserting crystals on their slots that conveniently are located either on their backs or on their chests.
  • The Record of Agarest War series. You play 5 "generations" of heroes that always marry one of their female companions (all very fanservicing) to "produce" the next generation. The girls that you can snag are usually very neurotic in one way or another. Also, revealing clothes, cleavage, all the good stuff!
  • The Atelier series, specially the three Atelier Iris games released for the Playstation 2. Why? Well, the series came to the West in its 6th title (Atelier Iris I). Before that, the main character of the game was always the girl whose name was in the title (Atelier Violet, Atelier Marie, etc., etc.). But to bring the game here, they had to choose the first title where the main character was a guy. This went on until the 10th game in the series (Mana Khemia 2), where you had a male and a female main characters, and it went back to the roots only on the next title, Atelier Rorona.
To be fair, of course, Japan seems to have a very sexist society (WTF, only men can inherit the Chrysantemum Throne? Why?), and she will probably have a lot of fun whining about Catherine (a game I can see on her pile), but... hey, if she wants to complay about sexism, go to the source.

Phew, I'm such a weird nerd.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Trophy wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Trophy wrote:So, instead, look at the content of his beliefs: Muslims immigrate to UK, produce lots of babies, take over the white population, and then establish Muslim theocracy and the only way to stop it is to stop immigration from muslim countries. That is essentially the message of Pat Condell's videos. I hope I don't need to explain why this view is racist.
Muslims aren't a race.
It seems too many people are not getting it. "Muslim" also is not heritable. So, when they talk about Muslims producing many Muslims babies, and taking over the white population in a few generations, they are not actually talking about Muslims. They are talking about brown people. They are talking about immigrants. For them brown = Muslim = Arab. That's why they coin the term Eurabia. And that is why they hide behind the criticism of Islam while never making the distinction between a Muslim and an Arab. And that is why their criticism of Muslims is the spearhead of their anti-immigration policy.
Spot on. And the Muslims that aren't brown are from Eastern Europe, so it's a good catch all phrase.

Frankly, people who happen to be muslims get a raw deal all over, especially the Palestinians. I happen to think that in humanity's long and shitty history, the creation of Israel is a low point. 'Fuck 'em to the ground', and not because they are Jewish, but because of their crimes.

There is a discussion to be had about how Atheists deal with Islam in the context of this war we seem to be in. On the one hand, freedom of speech and all that -- should we be as merciless with Islam as we are with Christianity? On the other we need the help of these people to help us combat the extremists in places like Afghanistan, Mali... Birmingham!

Personally, my opinion is to go after Christianity, make the West secular and godless and lead by example. Islamic youths see us on the internet and in meat-space and they want to be like us, to have the lifestyles we have... and they are drifting away from Islam. This is far more effective than attacking what they believe to be their core values and putting them on the defensive.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

VickyCaramel wrote: Spot on. And the Muslims that aren't brown are from Eastern Europe, so it's a good catch all phrase.

Frankly, people who happen to be muslims get a raw deal all over, especially the Palestinians. I happen to think that in humanity's long and shitty history, the creation of Israel is a low point. 'Fuck 'em to the ground', and not because they are Jewish, but because of their crimes.

There is a discussion to be had about how Atheists deal with Islam in the context of this war we seem to be in. On the one hand, freedom of speech and all that -- should we be as merciless with Islam as we are with Christianity? On the other we need the help of these people to help us combat the extremists in places like Afghanistan, Mali... Birmingham!

Personally, my opinion is to go after Christianity, make the West secular and godless and lead by example. Islamic youths see us on the internet and in meat-space and they want to be like us, to have the lifestyles we have... and they are drifting away from Islam. This is far more effective than attacking what they believe to be their core values and putting them on the defensive.
I spent some time in Turkey, one of the most secular of muslim majority nations, and I got the impression that it is not that muslims are wanting 'to be like us', but rather they recognize the value of the 'stuff' that we have and realize the benefit of having it themselves. By 'stuff' I mean things like good healthcare and living in expensive accomodation.
In order to get this stuff, as in the west, you need money, and generally it is not enough for just one member of a couple to work, both must be working to produce enough cash to fund this lifestyle. Therefore getting a good education is essential for both men and women.
I would say that the weakening of religion is a side-effect of this sort of consumerism rather than an explicit objective and more recent developments in the form of the availability of different and uncensored ideas through the internet is hastening this change.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

comslave wrote:
welch wrote:

fap, fap, BANG

Mmm, actually I've been thinking that her ass looks anatomically improbable, for a couple of reasons including size of her hiney in relation to her waist & legs, and apparent depth of the gluteal cleft based on the shadowing. I'm suspecting something like water balloons were tucked into her pants to provide the especially jiggly effect.

BICBW*

(*but I could be wrong)

RimShot

Post by RimShot »

I am not sure how many people here can see these two Facebook threads that have blown up in the last few days (Brian Engler has about 2600 friends, so maybe there are a few here)
But I wanted to point them out:

WIS conference
Online harassment

The gist is discussion started by Engler about the WIS conference in May and online harassment in general.

Some of the main speakers are Harriet Hall and Barbara Drescher on one side and Ophelia Benson and Ellen Beth Wachs on the other.
I don't know how I feel about posting FB threads that are private to friends of the OP, but this is an important talk, and I know a few posters have sent links of this to Ron Lindsay (so he cannot pretend this is not going on.)

Here is a small section from the online harassment one:
http://i.imgur.com/MGH2mzQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/87s6jzK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9hYqCx2.jpg

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

Not only am I from the UK, I have a degree in English and History

Oh fuck

I'm a racist bullshitter

Guess I'll have to add it to my other titles of Misogynist Privileged White Rapist Male

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
I spent some time in Turkey, one of the most secular of muslim majority nations, and I got the impression that it is not that muslims are wanting 'to be like us', but rather they recognize the value of the 'stuff' that we have and realize the benefit of having it themselves. By 'stuff' I mean things like good healthcare and living in expensive accomodation.
In order to get this stuff, as in the west, you need money, and generally it is not enough for just one member of a couple to work, both must be working to produce enough cash to fund this lifestyle. Therefore getting a good education is essential for both men and women.
I would say that the weakening of religion is a side-effect of this sort of consumerism rather than an explicit objective and more recent developments in the form of the availability of different and uncensored ideas through the internet is hastening this change.
I'm sure thats true. At the same time I see young muslim boys driving fast car, getting piercings, tattoos, going out to night clubs, drinking, taking drugs and chasing women. They can't square that with Islam. It's hard to square with Christianity too... basically these religions face the same challenges from modernity.

The difference is that when we attack Christianity, we are attacking our own culture. And we know how that often turns out. As UKIP has already been mentioned, they are trying to defend the status quo, and 'British Culture' against change. They use religion as a tool rather than religion being the reason.

It seems to me that much of what we see as Islam is actually Arab culture which spread with Islam. An attack on islam is an attack on their identity and values and I don't think it is very effective compared to getting our own house in order.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Yes....Yes.... I WANT!!!
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o354 ... ckfuck.gif

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

RimShot wrote:I am not sure how many people here can see these two Facebook threads that have blown up in the last few days (Brian Engler has about 2600 friends, so maybe there are a few here)

WIS conference
Online harassment

The gist is discussion started by Engler about the WIS conference in May and online harassment in general.

Some of the main speakers are Harriet Hall and Barbara Drescher on one side and Ophelia Benson and Ellen Beth Wachs on the other.
I don't know how I feel about posting FB threads that are private to friends of the OP, but this is an important talk, and I know a few posters have sent links of this to Ron Lindsay (so he cannot pretend this is not going on.)

Here is a small section from the online harassment one:
http://i.imgur.com/MGH2mzQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/87s6jzK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9hYqCx2.jpg
Some very good points were made by BOTH side.
At least Ms Hall stuck to her guns and tried to get a single very clear question answered.
And failed to garner even a wee peep from the femogogue liars.

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Hicksville[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

VickyCaramel wrote:The difference is that when we attack Christianity, we are attacking our own culture.
Speak for your fuckin self, you parochial cunt.
Count me out of your "we".

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

For fuck's sake. Learn to read people. There is nothing wrong with attacking Islam. In fact, that's one of the things we atheists we should do, seeing it's one of the shitties religions around.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Chiming in with "fuck Islam"
I know muslims and (for the most part) they are nice guys but their religion is paradoxically cruel and laughable.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XwGUoIgTLe4/T ... ensive.jpg

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Altair wrote:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7274/7619 ... cffb_c.jpg

A quick count+calculation suggests that there are approximately 160 games in that picture.
I counted more like 200+ :D

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

This is hilarious.

http://i.imgur.com/NwixEDI.jpg

Nerd of Redhead is using 'xit' in the way 's/h/it' is used at the 'Pit. Apparently he doesn't know that I made the same suggestion here a while ago.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... heartsick/

Notung

Post by Notung »

RimShot wrote:I am not sure how many people here can see these two Facebook threads that have blown up in the last few days (Brian Engler has about 2600 friends, so maybe there are a few here)

WIS conference
Online harassment
Yeah I can't see it - shame. Looks interesting from the snippet though!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I've never seen Pat Condell's condemnation of Islam or Muslims as anti-brown people. This video is of him responding to accusations of racism.

[youtube]Azf5xyFiaoo[/youtube]

I don't think he's racist in the slightest.

I do believe (but can't find the video) that he does recognise is that religion is passed on to children - religion doesn't magically happen to people - and Islam is a particularly hard brainworm to shake once you are raised within it. (There's also the whole apostasy bit.)