Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Old subthreads
Submariner

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by Submariner »

ERV wrote:
Submariner wrote:That's fucking awesome!
No, youve been brainwashed by the patriarchy. You dont want to go to a con to hear about this-- You WANT to hear quality talks about very important issues, like, this comment Watson got one time on YouTube.
I think I'm in love.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

ERV wrote:
Submariner wrote:That's fucking awesome!
No, youve been brainwashed by the patriarchy. You dont want to go to a con to hear about this-- You WANT to hear quality talks about very important issues, like, this comment Watson got one time on YouTube.
I just suddenly heard in my head "This one time, at band camp..."

katamari Damassi

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Nonsense[/spoiler]

Post by katamari Damassi »

Michael K Gray wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Grains have nothing to offer except fiber...
WTF????
They are essentially empty calories in fact they are loaded with anti-nutrients like lectins, glutens, and phytates.

sacha

Post by sacha »

well done, Abbie

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

I GOT RETWEETED BY RWATSON EVEN THO SHE BLOCKED ME.

OMG. I am soooo famous right now.

I think I am being accused of turning a blind eye to child abuse because I said she was despicable for advocating ill-informed boycott of DragonCon.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Cranks[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
WTF????
They are essentially empty calories in fact they are loaded with anti-nutrients like lectins, glutens, and phytates.
That is just plain mental.
Tell that to Breadmakers!
So, you are saying that wholemeal bread has nothing but anti-nutrients?
And "empty calories"? So you can't get fat by eating wholemeal bread?
And get zero nutrients from it?
On what bizarro Crank-World is that the case?

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Michael K Gray wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
WTF????
“Breadmakers” are just part of the vast gluten-based conspiracy. Probably fronting for the Reptilioids too.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

My mistake: she just asked for MORE INFORMATION.

I had thought RW made a similar comment, but I can't seem to find it now on Twitter.

I do note she said:

"DragonCon has had the past 12 years to come up with a solution to cut him out, such as dissolving and reincorporating, but they haven’t."

"I’m not saying that I or Skepchick as a whole will definitely be boycotting DragonCon, as it’s something I have to think a lot about. But I do hope that DragonCon’s leadership will take this seriously and do the right thing, and save us all from a difficult decision."

ERGO, the difficult decision of boycotting IF they don't do what I said they should do.

It's clear that she intended to make a threat of boycott.

Eucliwood

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Nonsense[/spoiler]

Post by Eucliwood »

katamari Damassi wrote: They are essentially empty calories in fact they are loaded with anti-nutrients like lectins, glutens, and phytates.
Don't hate on grains. Fiber IS important. Get your grains. As for lectin, *shrug*. No big deal unless the lectin is raw... then you become a sick version of yourself ^^. (for real though. If you had some chilli at someone's house and you're shitting & vomiting, it may not have been the meat.)

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

GLUUUTENNN.... since some people are weak as snails against it, gluten must be like, a totally evil anti nutrient that no human should be eating. Now that I think about it, there are many people that can't eat certain nuts! Those are anti nutrients too, clearly.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

GLUUUTENNN.... since some people are weak as snails against it, gluten must be like, a totally evil anti nutrient that no human should be eating. Now that I think about it, there are many people that can't eat certain nuts! Those are anti nutrients too, clearly.

comslave

Post by comslave »

rocko2466 wrote:I GOT RETWEETED BY RWATSON EVEN THO SHE BLOCKED ME.

I think I am being accused of turning a blind eye to child abuse because I said she was despicable for advocating ill-informed boycott of DragonCon.

What's the condensed story of why RW wants to boycott Dragoncon? I missed it.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Submariner wrote:
Altair wrote:
Awesome! Just. Fucking. Awesome!.
Hey, there's no submarine in that drawing!

Seriously, though, nice art work!
There's no anteater, either.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Angry_Drunk wrote:
“Breadmakers” are just part of the vast gluten-based conspiracy. Probably fronting for the Reptilioids too.
Blessed are the cheese-makers. The rest can just go @#$% themselves.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

comslave wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:I GOT RETWEETED BY RWATSON EVEN THO SHE BLOCKED ME.

What's the condensed story of why RW wants to boycott Dragoncon? I missed it.
Claimed reason: "I'm just looking for more information"
Real reason: "They're legally obligated to pay money to a shareholder who just so happens to be accused of pedophilia"
Real real reason: "MOAR BLOG HITS!"

sacha

Post by sacha »

"shareholder who just so happens to be accused of pedophilia"

accused by his estranged wife who wants full custody of the children, or what?

BannedAid

Post by BannedAid »

rocko2466 wrote:Hey, guys. Just quickly:

Israel has a right to exist as an independent nation. There were communities of Jews there before the nation was founded. Palestinians often left willingly and largely because of hatred of Jews and the concept of a Jewish nation being formed. Israel has been surrounded for decades by Arab nations that have had a stated intent to drive it into the sea. You can see why they enforce the blockade and there is some good rationale for it. Palestinians have been using women and children as human shields and Hamas continually aggravates the situation with firing rockets over the border.

The negotiations run by Clinton when Arafat was around were torpedoed by Arafat with ridiculous notions like "the right of return" which is essentially that anyone claiming to be Palestinian can waltz back into Israel and take citizenship (turning Israel into a majority Arab country). This dropped the opportunity for a two-state solution.

It does seem a lot of Palestinian negotiation is not really in good faith when Hamas expressly wish to get rid of Israel.

That said, Israel has started to have a bit of a habit of stoking the fire that it shouldn't be. For example, the settlements in the West Bank are appalling. They can also be fairly accused from time to time of overreacting to provocation.

There is also a lot of a disinformation out there because various people have strong political motivations - on both sides of the debate.

Essentially, a two-state solution is a pipe dream. Unless - perhaps - you can moderate the Palestinian and Israeli populations and wipe clean their memories of the past 50-odd years.
I know everyone is sick to death of the topic, sorry, this will be the last post I'll make on it unless a new thread opens up.

There's some hope on the last point. Polls have shown growing support for the two-state solution among Palestinians and Israelis. The most recent poll I could find put it at 58% Israeli 50% Palestinian support (http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPoliti ... ?id=251311).
That optimism has to be tempered by the fact that West Bank settlement -- widely considered a peace-killer -- is still as hugely popular in Israel as Hamas is in Palestine. A bit of a paradox.

I think (fingers crossed) it's a little like the situation with gay rights in America. Polls show solid support for gay marriage. But the people in power and the people who actually vote skew older than the general population. Once the younger generations grow up and become more civic-minded, the laws will start to reflect the polls. Hopefully there is a similar dynamic in Israel/Palestine regarding the two-state solution.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

sacha wrote:"shareholder who just so happens to be accused of pedophilia"

No, this one is actually somewhat legit; however it's been delayed for years because (so I'm told) he's in very poor health. But innocent until proven guilty.

The sticking point for Twatson is that "OMG a pedophile is receiving money from DragonCon!" What she doesn't give a shit about is that he's a shareholder, and that the current directors have been trying really hard to get him out of the system entirely (without destroying the Con at the same time).

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Michael K Gray wrote: That is just plain mental.
Bread and grains are a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

While wholemeal bread has more nutritional value than white bread, it is still a high GI food, and should be considered supplemental energy. It should be consumed with vegetable fibre or fats to slow digestion and the absorption of the glucose. I think my position is consistent with historical diets pre and post agriculture.

Though how white bread came to be popular is a bit of an ironic tale, and ultimately its proven to be a case of kids in the candy store, quite literally.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Metalogic42 wrote:

No, this one is actually somewhat legit; however it's been delayed for years because (so I'm told) he's in very poor health. But innocent until proven guilty.

The sticking point for Twatson is that "OMG a pedophile is receiving money from DragonCon!" What she doesn't give a shit about is that he's a shareholder, and that the current directors have been trying really hard to get him out of the system entirely (without destroying the Con at the same time).
got it. thanks

name?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

thunk wrote:(from the A+ forums, regarding the atheist census) As one friend of mine has pointed out, "Man", "Woman", and "Other" is not how gender works. I don't care whether you want to make it "easy" for binary-identified people, but that's still othering non-binary people by definition. As I can attest, this whole gender thing is waaaaaay complicated. So provide a open-form box or something.
Great idea, we really need a bunch of self-righteous douchebags fucking with the already sketchy data by entering "xie, xi, xo, xum" and "genderplasma" into the input field.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

sacha wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:

got it. thanks

name?
Edward E. Kramer.

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my vagina[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Metalogic42 wrote:
sacha wrote:name?
Edward E. Kramer.
Wasn't he in Seinfeld?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Git wrote:
cunt wrote:The problem is, muslims are brown. When they talk you should really be shutting up and listening. Don't 'splain. Just take a breather and realise... It's possible that they know more about the truth of Islam than you do. You might learn something. You'll be shutting up for about 6 months. A lot of them have the Qu'ran memorised.
And the fucking irony is that the majority of muslims aren't actually brown. But only to dumbass Western simpering idiots who think the turban brown-skin thing is the typical muslim. In other words, they're the fucking racists.
I thought the vast majority were brown.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Michael K Gray wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
WTF????
I think it was a typo, but I'm saying that bread WILL make you fat and contributes nothing in the way of nutrients.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Well, as far as I am concerned, nippletwister owned Git.

Nonetheless, I agree that carrying on the mid-east wars on this blog is beyond fucking stupid, 'cause it will never, ever, be resolved or turn into anything other than a mirror of the idiotic, murderous bullshit of They're to blame; no they're blame; they did it first; no they did it first; they're the bad evil motherfuckers; no they're the bad evil motherfuckers, ad infinfuckingitum, that goes on in the chthonic cesspit of ideological, fantasy-based hate that is that part of the globe.

katamari Damassi said:
I'm saying that bread WILL make you fat and contributes nothing in the way of nutrients.
Bread ... no nutrients ... WTF?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And that's all I got to say on that point.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
WTF????
I think it was a typo, but I'm saying that bread WILL make you fat and contributes nothing in the way of nutrients.
Horribly false, yes cheap processed bread is worthless, wholegrain breads and variants are highly beneficial to your diet
http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/trut ... d-and-diet
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionso ... ohydrates/
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionso ... ain-bread/
etc etc etc etc

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Michael K Gray wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
WTF????

England was built on Bread and Beer!

Michael K Gray

Re: Now littered by [spoiler]Cranks[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

katamari Damassi wrote: I think it was a typo, but I'm saying that bread WILL make you fat and contributes nothing in the way of nutrients.
Another big WTF?
That is so clearly medically and nutritionally 100% WRONG that I fear that I am not dealing with a sane person.
On this topic at least, you are acting like a nutty A+ crank.
Wholemeal bread has nothing in the way of nutrients?

Fuck off back to planet Zog.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

TheMan wrote:England was built on Bread and Beer!
No wonder it is slowly sinking.

Australia was built on goanna fat & Vegemite.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Canada was built on the beaver.

sacha

Post by sacha »

anything else in the past few days besides DragonConGate?

incognito

Post by incognito »

You have a noob!

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Metalogic42 wrote: No, this one is actually somewhat legit; however it's been delayed for years because (so I'm told) he's in very poor health. But innocent until proven guilty.

Wow, how would you like it if someone assumed you were doing pedophilia as soon as people decided to say it? This is why there aren't as many of those ActuallyCoolNice teachers. Some fucker takes advantage of that, says something inappropriate & accuses him/her and boom! The teacher is totally guilty. Just saw some very cool woman's story on tv. Needless to say, she says she's never chilling with her students like that again.
another lurker wrote:
Jack wrote:For what it's worth, I think Eucliwood is more than one person.

She also sounds different in her last two whines. The comment about 'pending invisible posts' sounds more sophisticated for Eucli than usual.
Are you sure you aren't just trying so hard to find a sign that I am multiple people that you think a post I made myself sounds more sophisticated than myself? It's not as if I'm exactly simple..
Michael K Gray wrote: H&R Block targeted ads are for Aussies only.
According to A+Theismatists, merely revealing your resident country places you in immediate mortal peril!
Do you mean ads that target H&R block, before I correct you by telling you I'm in America and see H&R block ads all the time. Last time I checked, they're an American company.

and, @ Phil, thanks. You really are from Nice, France :D
Lsuoma wrote: Could very well be - the email address is from the .ca TLD, which would indicate a quite smart troll (they have done research about Setar). On the basis of the mikelf's and nippletwister's thoughts I went to look at Eucliwoo's PMs to me - s/h/it is clearly a strong egotist who leaks information without realizing it - and there it was: a question about multiple accounts, so yes, I think mikelf and nippletwister win a cigar each.

My initial thought was to put ladyboy setar in moderation too, but I have no reason so to do. Let's see how this one evolves. Should be interesting.

Oh, ladies, that's cute. I'm getting flash backs. Again, I'm in a situation where I get back to read a forum and I'm randomly accused of being some user I've never even seen before. Are you sure this isn't just an excuse to ban me for moderation evasion? ^^ Because I'll let it be known - it can be seen through. I'm treading very lightly after that incident in my thread, so it'll be hard to find a reason to ban me.

And then... I read further down and realized that some users here are basically implying I'm anything like Setar. Not even going to bother reacting.

@Metalogic42

Looks like someone has a grudge against me. Didn't notice it til now.

You seem to be implying that I lied in my totally true re-count of events after I said that Scented Nectar was exaggerating. Why don't you go quote what I actually said, and who it was to, then put Scented Nectar's recounting and mine side by side, and see whose is accurate? You're basically sitting here saying I'm lying about it being directed only at decius. You're trying too hard. Sit down.

And, that's my point, the cops don't let me do whatever I want. I can't just go off and do whatever and throw anyone in jail I want. Thanks for further proving my point.

How am I even attempting to make myself look superbad? You're trying too hard to offend me. No one was even talking to you, you just sprang up to throw any comment you could at what I said, like you're going to get paid to flame me. Just put any comeback on there, huh?

As for me not getting the point, if people aren't engaging in illegal activity, and I'm not trying to report anything, then what's the fucking problem? That's my point, bro. I believe I said, in another post, that no one is fucking doing anything here anyway, and what is moderating *me* going to do about the actions of others?

And wow, I really laughed at this one.

[quote="Antilogic42]
No, you're not. The only posts of yours that won't go through are those that are legally sketchy. Got a problem with posting within the bounds of the law? Too goddamn fucking bad.
[/quote]

You've got some real balls accusing me of trying to post illegal shit - why don't you just come out? Don't be implicit. What are you talking about? Some sort of nudes of myself, or something? As if. I never even said that Lsuoma was blocking any of my posts. Some other idiot who came at me as if I'd said that was told this, too. So for the last time, it's irrelevant that Lsuoma isn't simply blocking my posts. For the last god damn time, that's not the point. for THE LAST GOD DAMN TIME: The point is, this forum is fast moving, and by the time my post is posted, the chances it'll be read are slim. If I wanted to post to myself, I'd go get a diary or something. Now stop making irrelevant points before I rip your fucking face off. It's starting to get annoying.

What do you mean, I usually leave when "stuff like this" happens? When have I *ever* left this forum? First, you accuse of me posting sketchy things Lsuoma has had to block, and now you accuse me of "usually leaving when stuff like this happens." What on earth are you on about, Metalogic42? Why'd you waste your time writing this bullshit? You're just making shit up.

Down, boy.
/end reply to random hateful angsty antilogic guy.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

incognito wrote:You have a noob!
Welcome to the pit!

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

sacha wrote:anything else in the past few days besides DragonConGate?

BreadGate

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]newbie dick[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

How did you find us? An exile from FfTBistan, perhaps?

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]your dick[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

sacha wrote:anything else in the past few days besides DragonConGate?
GoyGate

Eucliwood

Re: Now littered by [spoiler]Cranks[/spoiler]

Post by Eucliwood »

Michael K Gray wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: I think it was a typo, but I'm saying that bread WILL make you fat and contributes nothing in the way of nutrients.
Another big WTF?
That is so clearly medically and nutritionally 100% WRONG that I fear that I am not dealing with a sane person.
On this topic at least, you are acting like a nutty A+ crank.
Wholemeal bread has nothing in the way of nutrients?

Fuck off back to planet Zog.
Are you trolling or something? Bread, if it's complex carbs (including whole grain, bitches) give you lasting energy and fulfill hunger, while simple sugars might just make you eat more and don't give you lasting energy. Bread sounds pretty damn good to me. I eat it when I'm low in my blood (not blood supply) and it makes me feel better in a few minutes. Same with protein.

incognito

Post by incognito »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Close. A+.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

incognito wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Close. A+.
They sent/drove you here?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

incognito wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Close. A+.
Cool. What made you leave?

incognito

Post by incognito »

Metalogic42 wrote:
incognito wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Close. A+.
In a nutshell, a lot of the people there combined with shitty forum management/design (in terms of rules, secret forums, etc).

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

incognito wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Close. A+.
Here:
Have a bandage.
You must have sore, cut feet from all that treading on eggshells!

incognito

Post by incognito »

AndrewV69 wrote:
incognito wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Close. A+.
They sent/drove you here?
I doubt that was their intention!

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

incognito wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
incognito wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Close. A+.
In a nutshell, a lot of the people there combined with shitty forum management/design (in terms of rules, secret forums, etc).
Well the only rules here are U.S. law, so you can have your privilege back now. Be warned: most of us are retarded cunts.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

For Kalamari Disassembled, or whatever the fuck, more bread facts:

1. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/bak ... cts/4878/2
2. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/bak ... cts/4872/2
3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread

No nutrient value my flaming healthy asshole.

:clap: :dance:

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Funny how we get equally worked up over Israel/Palestine and bread.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

incognito wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
incognito wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Close. A+.
There's a secret forum here. It's so secret no one in the world knows about it. Unfortunately that also makes it useless but it's the thought that counts.

Also if you use the word 'xit' it reminds me of 'zit' which in the UK is a spot on your face you burst to get rid of. That's why so much of A+ disgusted me. If I read too much I ended up imagining a teen with acute acne squirting all over a mirror.

Oh and welcome too :D

incognito

Post by incognito »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Well the only rules here are U.S. law, so you can have your privilege back now. Be warned: most of us are retarded cunts.[/quote]

Groovy.

So, how did this place start?

incognito

Post by incognito »

Jack wrote: Oh and welcome too :D
Thanks!

No edit button here, or am I blind?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

incognito wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Well the only rules here are U.S. law, so you can have your privilege back now. Be warned: most of us are retarded cunts.
Groovy.

So, how did this place start?[/quote]

http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Slymepit

"The forum itself was started some time after the discussion threads on Abbie Smith's blog were branded a "slime pit" by PZ Myers and other bloggers on FtB. Because they were almost entirely unmoderated in the interests of an open discussion, Abbie was accused of condoning hate speech (when in fact a 'free speech policy' doesn't imply endorsement at all). Eventually, after failing to intimidate Abbie into censoring the comments, Pharyngula regulars launched a campaign to get National Geographic to do it for them.

Due to this threat to the "slime pit's" existence, it was decided it would be moved to its own forum, with the original threads being shut down. "

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Funny how we get equally worked up over Israel/Palestine and bread.
Well, you know, bread was, like, invented or magically conjured up by the chosen few ... or summat.

You know, Challah, or is that H9ckhsullah ... um, khchulllalalaAllahhuh ... um, er....

Pita for teh win!?!

Chapatis!?!

Southern corn bread ... wiz.

Tamales, no, ahem, bannok!

Baguettes!!! YEAH! With Cheese!!!! Quadruple YEAH.

All of it, of course, totally nutritionally useless, which is, of course, why bread has over the last few several millenia become perhaps the most fundamental food stuff that human beings consume ... 'cause it's useless, no nutrition ...

Right?

Right.

:dance:

LaLaLa, I can't hear you.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

incognito wrote:
Jack wrote: Oh and welcome too :D
Thanks!

No edit button here, or am I blind?
Nope, no edit button. Be careful what you post, cause if you say something dumb, it stays there forever. :twisted:

cunt

Post by cunt »

Nice to see some fellow travellers have seen through the bread conspiracy and past the lies of Big Fibre. I'd love to discuss it some more right now, but I really have to be getting back to my monthly shit.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

cunt wrote:Nice to see some fellow travellers have seen through the bread conspiracy and past the lies of Big Fibre. I'd love to discuss it some more right now, but I really have to be getting back to my monthly shit.
Don't be such a you.

incognito

Post by incognito »

Metalogic42 wrote:
http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Slymepit

"The forum itself was started some time after the discussion threads on Abbie Smith's blog were branded a "slime pit" by PZ Myers and other bloggers on FtB. Because they were almost entirely unmoderated in the interests of an open discussion, Abbie was accused of condoning hate speech (when in fact a 'free speech policy' doesn't imply endorsement at all). Eventually, after failing to intimidate Abbie into censoring the comments, Pharyngula regulars launched a campaign to get National Geographic to do it for them.

Due to this threat to the "slime pit's" existence, it was decided it would be moved to its own forum, with the original threads being shut down. "
Thank you!

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my loaf[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Metalogic42 wrote:Funny how we get equally worked up over Israel/Palestine and bread.
Manna from Heaven.