Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Old subthreads
jimthepleb

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by jimthepleb »

another lurker wrote:
LMU wrote:
another lurker wrote:jimthepleb wrote:
Wind gets it.....I know I am here for the snark and the lulz. If i want intellectual debate I'll go elsewhere. I realise there are some very smart folks here and every so often very deep and meaningful conversation breaks out, but i can always scroll over it if i wish (and sometimes i do) , however i will always stop at a picture a really badly done 'paint' job. Why? Cos it appeals to the juvenile prick in me, and i aint gunna apologise for it. If all we had was a calm rational conversation we would bore away the lulz merchants. As in all things, YMMV
Gratuitous kitty pic:
snip
My kitty, waiting to pounce on my DVR after she vomited on it - almost ruining it.
In that spirit, here is Sacha in shades:
snip
Crows are awesome!
All the corbids are smart as hell.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Am I missing something obvious to the rest of you but invisible to me?
Are we only allowed to post on one site?

I regularly post on several different forums. Just because a new forum opens doesn't mean you have to abandon this one.

I am not getting my knickers in a twist over a few crude jokes on here but I think having a tighter and less easily malignable site is worth considering as an addition to here.
Is it slymepit plus?
If ruling out mocking our opponents is part of a new site's ethos then rule me out.
If its something simple like no fat jokes or sexual photoshops then thats OK with me.
I can still come to the slymepit to laugh at the Laden dickhead picture!
Then it's a non-issue and has nothing to do with the Pit as it is. Would you agree?
I am not trying to police peoples jokes here.
The argument, from me at least, is not that the slymepit should change.
It is that the greater struggle against those fuckwits may be served by having an additional site that will allow the continued participation of people who are vunerable to Svans tactic of threatening their careers because they post at a site that might have some MRA overlap or has been involved in doxxing.
So, still nothing to do with the Pit, then? Other sites are a-plenty. And if none fits, create a new one by all means. Still nothing to do with the Pit.

incognito

Post by incognito »

Altair wrote:
incognito wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Am I missing something obvious to the rest of you but invisible to me?
Are we only allowed to post on one site?

I regularly post on several different forums. Just because a new forum opens doesn't mean you have to abandon this one.

I am not getting my knickers in a twist over a few crude jokes on here but I think having a tighter and less easily malignable site is worth considering as an addition to here.
Is it slymepit plus?
If ruling out mocking our opponents is part of a new site's ethos then rule me out.
If its something simple like no fat jokes or sexual photoshops then thats OK with me.
I can still come to the slymepit to laugh at the Laden dickhead picture!
What would said additional site have that the JREF, etc don't already cover?
The only thing I can think of would be a specific focus. The JREF and similar sites are, AFAIK, dedicated to a broad range of subjects and topics related to skepticism and/or atheism.
This "slymepit+" site would be dedicated to subjects related to FTB/A+ only, albeit with a different set of rules and ethos.

I wouldn't be opposed to the creation of such a new site, it would serve as a rallying point to the people who feel they don't fit in the pit, and would also allow people who likes the pit to also participate in the new discussions.

It's a very good situation, a lot better IMO than trying to make the pit something it's not.
I guess I can see that.

The only problem is that both A+ and FTBs appear to be in a state of terminal decline.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q= ... 09m&cmpt=q

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

If you want a forum that's not like the pit, go fucking make one. You can even post a link to it here. Why are we even discussing this?

So, how about that bread?

Altair

Post by Altair »

incognito wrote: I guess I can see that.

The only problem is that both A+ and FTBs appear to be in a state of terminal decline.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q= ... 09m&cmpt=q
Interesting graph. Looks like we'll have to go back to talking about Bigfoot, ghosts and mediums pretty soon.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Oh wow, I just noticed the ads are up to a whole dollar.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Sacha – Are you serious? You just wrote a lengthy missive telling me not to engage in a certain behaviour, namely, telling others not to engage in certain behaviour. You don't see how self-refuting that is?
Quick question: how do we resolve such a situation?
How about this: The Pit stays just as it is, with the very minimal rules put in place by Lsuoma. Meanwhile, the Pitizens continue to argue freely among themselves about which sorts of methods are most effective for combating the SJW attempts to hijack freethought, just as they always do. I'll continue to argue that substantive satire is a far sharper tool than calling people fat and ugly, and everyone is welcome to call me the resident tone-troll for doing so.

windy

Post by windy »

JAB wrote: Hahaha. Hey OB, I agree with you. Any blog that criticizes someone and then doesn't let them defend themselves in that very comment thread is a slum. Too funny.

This of course reminds me of the whole conflict with PZ and the Intersection bunch. PZ saying that the creationists didn't have the right not to be offended, and the whole movement didn't have to have the same tactics, that some could be offensive and some accommodating and the accommodating folks shouldn't try to stop the more offensive tactics. Good times. (does anyone else hear an echo?)
Haha, exactly. Wasn't there also a big fuss about how people shouldn't claim that something is driving people away from the movement, without first having some statistics to back it up?
JAB wrote:But then PZ did learn a big lesson from the colgate twins. He's been launching a misinformation campaign against his opposition that has branded us as evil incarnate. What he won't do, though, is give it its proper name... Framing!
Framing plus

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

d4m10n wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Sacha – Are you serious? You just wrote a lengthy missive telling me not to engage in a certain behaviour, namely, telling others not to engage in certain behaviour. You don't see how self-refuting that is?
How about this: The Pit stays just as it is, with the very minimal rules put in place by Lsuoma. Meanwhile, the Pitizens continue to argue freely among themselves about which sorts of methods are most effective for combating the SJW attempts to hijack freethought, just as they always do. I'll continue to argue that substantive satire is a far sharper tool than calling people fat and ugly, and everyone is welcome to call me the resident tone-troll for doing so.
You're saying "fat jokes are less effective", not "don't make fat jokes". Thus, not a tone troll.

decius

Post by decius »

Metalogic42 wrote:If you want a forum that's not like the pit, go fucking make one. You can even post a link to it here. Why are we even discussing this?

I guess we are discussing precisely that and whether it would be beneficial to the greater picture. To me it is still an open question.

sacha

Post by sacha »

If you really cannot understand the difference...

wait - here - my point, in easy to understand language:

You have a large gathering at your house, numerous people show up that are new to you, they are interesting and seem to like your decorating, your hospitality, and even though the food you are serving is not something they would eat, they don't criticise your choices in foods, they may not ever think of serving any of it at their parties, and if it was really offensive, the smell, or the preparation, for example the lobsters being alive when dropped in boiling water, and they are vegetarian, they would quietly leave without any drama. If they can deal with the lobsters, as long as they are not expected to participate in the lobsters being boiled alive, they don't expect you to pour out the boiling water, save the lobsters, and run to the store for vegetarian cuisine, and they would never dream of lecturing you, or shaming you for the live lobsters that have been part of every party that you and your friends have had for years.

If one wants the party to be to their exact specifications, they host their own.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Ah shit, Batshit Benson retweeted me. Guess I'll soon be suspended again.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Here, go forth and sin no more:

http://seriouspit.forumotion.com/

Brain Box

Post by Brain Box »

Jack wrote:
He seemed to be under the delusion that if we we're all polite and nice it would make the slightest difference to their narrative. If they manage to pick up Shermer on a tiny point and twist it beyond recognition then us 'being nice' will make no difference at all.

There are also many attacks on FtB's/A+'s position going on, not just here of course. This is one approach, there are others and they ARE being done. No need to fix something that's not broke.

Their narrative doesn't really matter. What matters is those who are reading their narrative and comparing it to ours. Why is this so difficult to understand? The entire point of exposing their hypocrisy is to inform the wider community. The community is less likely to believe the validity of our arguments if we are acting like immature twats. Doesn't this matter, or is this forum purely masturbatory? I would hope not considering the time and energy many people here are putting into their blogs/podcasts/and twitter postings.

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote: That's like asking where the hobo found that tasty snack under their thumbnail...do you really want to know?
Reminds me of the time when a member of my extended family smuggled a tin of chunky stew on board his flight. He dumped the contents into an air sickness bag and waited.

Mid flight, he flagged down a passing flight attendant, notified her that someone had left behind a tasty snack, scooped some of the contents out of the bag and into his mouth, licked his fingers and asked her for a spoon.

Hilarity ensued.
love.

Reap

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]old age[/spoiler]

Post by Reap »

Jack wrote:
I repeat, I do not care how much anyone wants to swear. There is a difference between:

1. What I do - that's my business

2. What you do - that's yours

3. How I interpret someone's words - that's my business.

Did you see the podcast? The amount of vitriol and dismissal in that one word, his first word, added to his body language gave me the conclusions I stated. If he had said it with a smile I would have thought nothing of it. If he had supported it with his arguments I would have not bothered and assumed he was just being abrasive for effect.

Now stop pretending I give a damn about swearing, I do not. Stop conflating me with others here who seem to be more brittle. However I have every right to decide for myself the impact swearing has on my interpretation of someone's argument.

Yea I got the same thing from his delivery. Sometimes it doesn't matter the word being offensive as much as the venom behind it. I'll use the word pathetic and times mean it as about the lowest form someone can be. It's funny cause I know they don't get it sometimes. I think PZ went in to that conversation just as Jack said-No respect and no intent on being part of a give-take conversation. I'm surprised it took a while for them to call him on it cause that is not how you goo into a conversation. I wrote a blog about it last night. Its another opportunity for stephanie to make excuses, she really is a pathetic dick

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

d4m10n wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
When you say the 'pitizens continue to argue...about the most effect methods for combating the SJWs', do you mean in the sense of how the pit as a solid entity should combat the SJWs etc.?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

welch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote: That's like asking where the hobo found that tasty snack under their thumbnail...do you really want to know?
Reminds me of the time when a member of my extended family smuggled a tin of chunky stew on board his flight. He dumped the contents into an air sickness bag and waited.

Mid flight, he flagged down a passing flight attendant, notified her that someone had left behind a tasty snack, scooped some of the contents out of the bag and into his mouth, licked his fingers and asked her for a spoon.

Hilarity ensued.
love.
Definitely the kind of shit i would do.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

By the by, seriouspit.forumotion.com is a real, functioning forum and I'll gladly hand over the admin username and password to anyone who wants to run it. Or, you could take the 30 seconds it took me to set it up and do your own damned thing.

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

There are things posted here that I find crass and juvenile. There are other things posted here I find hilarious, and sometimes informative and even enlightening. While I am not myself one to go in for such brutalist satire, there is a fine tradition of ridicule of opponents features within the art form. Bankers as porcine toffs is a common one. Only last week Scarfe was dragged over the coals for his.

There is a place for it, whether it is to my tastes or not. Do those who are the targets point to such crude caricatures complain about them? Certainly, but in doing so they only expose themselves as being humourless.

I am fine with both strategies and see no reason why both savage humour and rational thought are not valid.

welch

Post by welch »

another lurker wrote:
LMU wrote:
another lurker wrote:jimthepleb wrote:
Wind gets it.....I know I am here for the snark and the lulz. If i want intellectual debate I'll go elsewhere. I realise there are some very smart folks here and every so often very deep and meaningful conversation breaks out, but i can always scroll over it if i wish (and sometimes i do) , however i will always stop at a picture a really badly done 'paint' job. Why? Cos it appeals to the juvenile prick in me, and i aint gunna apologise for it. If all we had was a calm rational conversation we would bore away the lulz merchants. As in all things, YMMV
Gratuitous kitty pic:
snip
My kitty, waiting to pounce on my DVR after she vomited on it - almost ruining it.
In that spirit, here is Sacha in shades:
snip
Crows are awesome!

Hell yeah they are!

http://ljmilitaria.com/mainusafsquadrons/763398900.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

d4m10n wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
That wasn't really my question. I was asking: how do we resolve Sacha telling you not to engage into some behaviour with regard to you telling people not to engage into some behaviour.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Metalogic42 wrote:If you want a forum that's not like the pit, go fucking make one. You can even post a link to it here. Why are we even discussing this?

Fuck bread! what about foreskins?!?!?!?
But seriously guys......lets be silly....pls?

welch

Post by welch »

d4m10n wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
The important thing is you'll feel superior to both groups.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Richard Dworkins wrote:There are things posted here that I find crass and juvenile. There are other things posted here I find hilarious, and sometimes informative and even enlightening. While I am not myself one to go in for such brutalist satire, there is a fine tradition of ridicule of opponents features within the art form. Bankers as porcine toffs is a common one. Only last week Scarfe was dragged over the coals for his.

There is a place for it, whether it is to my tastes or not. Do those who are the targets point to such crude caricatures complain about them? Certainly, but in doing so they only expose themselves as being humourless.

I am fine with both strategies and see no reason why both savage humour and rational thought are not valid.
BZZZT WRONG!

Only the most rarefied of arguments - crafted from the beard hair of Plato himself will have any chance of pointing out that FTB is run by a band of hypocritical New Media Douchebags.

welch

Post by welch »

decius wrote:

I guess we are discussing precisely that and whether it would be beneficial to the greater picture. To me it is still an open question.
You literally cannot know until you try.

So give it a shot.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

jimthepleb wrote:

Fuck bread! what about foreskins?!?!?!?
But seriously guys......lets be silly....pls?
Better idea: let's be...naughty.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... y_Fred.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

Brain Box wrote:
Jack wrote:
He seemed to be under the delusion that if we we're all polite and nice it would make the slightest difference to their narrative. If they manage to pick up Shermer on a tiny point and twist it beyond recognition then us 'being nice' will make no difference at all.

There are also many attacks on FtB's/A+'s position going on, not just here of course. This is one approach, there are others and they ARE being done. No need to fix something that's not broke.

Their narrative doesn't really matter. What matters is those who are reading their narrative and comparing it to ours. Why is this so difficult to understand? The entire point of exposing their hypocrisy is to inform the wider community. The community is less likely to believe the validity of our arguments if we are acting like immature twats. Doesn't this matter, or is this forum purely masturbatory? I would hope not considering the time and energy many people here are putting into their blogs/podcasts/and twitter postings.

"if you'd just act the way I think you should, this would work so much better"

Also, what the fuck does the "tone" of this place have to do with other blogs/podcasts/twitter?

Fuck me running, why are the atheist/skeptic communities so relentlessly insecure?

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Metalogic42 wrote:Ah shit, Batshit Benson retweeted me. Guess I'll soon be suspended again.
woah shit, u mean @opheliaf-ingbenson isn't the real thing? awwww shit, I've been flirting so hard and i thought i was in with a chance...I am disappoint :(

welch

Post by welch »

Angry_Drunk wrote:By the by, seriouspit.forumotion.com is a real, functioning forum and I'll gladly hand over the admin username and password to anyone who wants to run it. Or, you could take the 30 seconds it took me to set it up and do your own damned thing.

But, but, we haven't discussed the pros and cons, merits and problems into the fucking ground yet.

THERE CAN BE NO ACTION WHILST THE HORSE STILL BREATHES!

welch

Post by welch »

all the people worried about tone, look! look! Angry created a forum! you can now have your experiment, and collect actual data!

should you not be happy about this?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Tigzy wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
When you say the 'pitizens continue to argue...about the most effect methods for combating the SJWs', do you mean in the sense of how the pit as a solid entity should combat the SJWs etc.?

Nope. I don't see the Pit as a solid entity, but as a collection of individuals, many of which are amenable to persuasion. Think of it as a cocktail party, with lots of different people and entrees, and I'm trying to persuade the people munching on fish and chips to try the lobster.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

d4m10n wrote: Nope. I don't see the Pit as a solid entity, but as a collection of individuals, many of which are amenable to persuasion. Think of it as a cocktail party, with lots of different people and entrees, and I'm trying to persuade the people munching on fish and chips to try the lobster.
And many of us party goers would truly love it if you would quit telling us how crude we are for enjoying our fish and fuck the fuck off.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Angry_Drunk wrote:Let's whip out Occam's razor here for a moment. Which proposition seems more likely:

Dawkins, Shermer, Jilette, Harris, etc don't post here/acknowledge this place because:

a) Our horrible jokes make them a'scaird of criticism from the mental midgets at FTB.

or

b) They haven't the foggiest clue what this place is and have better shit to do with their time if they did?

Shermer knows about this place. Gotta remember everyone has a role. Some need to be polite and attract that crowd, some need to be rude, childish, or whatever other approach they take. Shermer has more important things to do I would think. I also think that if it wasn't for the people here there would have been a bigger nastier problem down the road and it would have been much harder to have gotten rid of. Ur all heros who thwarted (are thwarting, yes that is a word) evil before it could threaten the good citizens of whatever fucking town it is ur supposed to be protecting. I don't know how grateful they are tho.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Brain Box wrote:
Jack wrote:

FFS go away. "The entire point" is to inform the wider community? No. That's a possible side-benefit of whateverthefuck individual 'pitters get out of reading/posting here. This whole discussion is considerably more boring than endless squabbling about Israel, and I wish those who want to clutch pearls about "the bigger picture" would do it elsewhere. Svan is a bitch and I can't believe people are allowing her to influence them. Her opinion is irrelevant to me, and so is all the handwringing about PR. The horse is out of the barn. If you want to tone-police, shut up for now and call out a future post if you want to complain about it -- see how that goes. Otherwise, please fuck off.

welch

Post by welch »

d4m10n wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Nope. I don't see the Pit as a solid entity, but as a collection of individuals, many of which are amenable to persuasion. Think of it as a cocktail party, with lots of different people and entrees, and I'm trying to persuade the people munching on fish and chips to try the lobster.
And someone just created a big plate of lobster for you.

yet it is ignored, because you still are trying to convince people to try what is right over there, but not yet, because...you're not done describing how awesome lobster is?

WTF, you now have exactly what you wanted. When you get a "yes" answer, stop trying to sell.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

welch wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:By the by, seriouspit.forumotion.com is a real, functioning forum and I'll gladly hand over the admin username and password to anyone who wants to run it. Or, you could take the 30 seconds it took me to set it up and do your own damned thing.

But, but, we haven't discussed the pros and cons, merits and problems into the fucking ground yet.

THERE CAN BE NO ACTION WHILST THE HORSE STILL BREATHES!
http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploa ... -horse.gif

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

welch wrote:
Brain Box wrote:
Jack wrote:

"if you'd just act the way I think you should, this would work so much better"

Also, what the fuck does the "tone" of this place have to do with other blogs/podcasts/twitter?

Fuck me running, why are the atheist/skeptic communities so relentlessly insecure?
(speculative) It seems most of those complaining about tone are merkins. Is it possible that they are genuinely concerned as they are a minority in their country? For us yurpeens, who are largely irreligious have far less to lose in the battle for hearts and minds? (and blunter senses of humour)

welch

Post by welch »

Reap wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:Let's whip out Occam's razor here for a moment. Which proposition seems more likely:

Dawkins, Shermer, Jilette, Harris, etc don't post here/acknowledge this place because:

a) Our horrible jokes make them a'scaird of criticism from the mental midgets at FTB.

or

b) They haven't the foggiest clue what this place is and have better shit to do with their time if they did?

Shermer knows about this place. Gotta remember everyone has a role. Some need to be polite and attract that crowd, some need to be rude, childish, or whatever other approach they take. Shermer has more important things to do I would think. I also think that if it wasn't for the people here there would have been a bigger nastier problem down the road and it would have been much harder to have gotten rid of. Ur all heros who thwarted (are thwarting, yes that is a word) evil before it could threaten the good citizens of whatever fucking town it is ur supposed to be protecting. I don't know how grateful they are tho.
Shermer seems like an interesting dude. Obviously he's smart. I still have zero care about his opinion of this place. I have no caring about the EXISTENCE of his opinion on this place. Shermer's opinion about the pit has no value whatsoever in my world, be it good or ill.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

d4m10n wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

That wasn't quite the question I was asking - though on revision, I can see that I've done an Ophelia, and worded it a little too ambiguously. 'Pologies for that. What I meant was: do you perceive the pitters themselves as arguing for how the pit - as a solid entity itself - should progress?

LMU

Post by LMU »

In addition to the seriouspit linked above, there is also a new crassless thread started by Submariner here: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=255 The urge to post a fart joke is almost overpowering. I wonder if the seriouspit is serious enough and if we'll need other flavors of 'pit. Maybe a somberpit for sad occasions, and a soberpit for when the candy vodka drinkers get out of hand, etc.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

LMU wrote:In addition to the seriouspit linked above, there is also a new crassless thread started by Submariner here: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=255 The urge to post a fart joke is almost overpowering. I wonder if the seriouspit is serious enough and if we'll need other flavors of 'pit. Maybe a somberpit for sad occasions, and a soberpit for when the candy vodka drinkers get out of hand, etc.
Hey, I resemble that remark (where's my fuckin' candy cane vodka?)!

Seriously though, screw this "seriouspit" bullshit. Redundancy for the sake of being "polite". Not my bag.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:I'm all for keeping the Pit as free in its speech as it always has been. I think what's needed is another forum for those who are uncomfortable with crude and rude talk. We don't have to be the only place where people gather to discuss the politics and scandals in our communities. There can be other forums/blogs/sites addressing the same things in a milder manner. Nothing wrong with that.

I see a need for both types of conversing. Maybe a branching of the Pit. I hope our Pit stays crude and rude, but if it should ever turn into a the polite, milder place, I will open up a new forum to branch off with our old crude and rude ways. I'll have to learn the newest phpbb, but that's ok. My webspace has the capabilities for a forum (database thingy etc), and I have run older versions of phpbb on it before.

this is one of those things that Nectar and I always agree on
Great gender traitors think alike. I think that's how that saying goes.

Altair

Post by Altair »

LMU wrote:In addition to the seriouspit linked above, there is also a new crassless thread started by Submariner here: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=255 The urge to post a fart joke is almost overpowering. I wonder if the seriouspit is serious enough and if we'll need other flavors of 'pit. Maybe a somberpit for sad occasions, and a soberpit for when the candy vodka drinkers get out of hand, etc.
Let me know when we get to the SexyPit!

http://bit.ly/XKE7lb

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

sacha wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Bottom line: Online n00b wanders in to the SlymePit and finds mostly personal attacks and vitriol, they are going to wander right back to the SJW, with their biases confirmed.
and why is that my responsibility? I don't give a fuck if they peek in here, get offended and outraged, and run back to the SJWs. Fucking weak, thin-skinned, puritan idiots. This is not a rescue site. Please, go create your own, and finally give your attempts at shaming those that are here for reasons other than coddling adults with repressed behaviour and language a bloody rest. Please, please, contact the others, and build what you want. You are a SJW. You want the easy way, the established, popular site to conform to your views, and apologise for it's behaviour. Fuck that, Damion. If you think it is that important, go make your forum to your exact specifications, and shut the fuck up about how this place "disappoints" you,

You are such a whiny bitch. I can't imagine participating regularly on a site that I am not happy with, and instead of going elsewhere, just whining for months about how you want it to be different. Please go be the decision-maker elsewhere.
d4m10n wrote:If instead they find mostly cogent arguments (however couched in humor and parody) against the cult of affirmative victimhood, they might well be liberated from several harmful presuppositions. What is better in life than to free minds?
Go rescue them! Show them the way! Put all of your tone trolling into a page of commandments! Start your forum! There is nothing better in life!

I can think of thousands of things more pleasant than "freeing minds" and "liberating people from several harmful presuppositions".

If I wanted children, I would have had them. If I wanted to babysit adults, I'd work in a drug rehab centre.

Teaching and babysitting are two things I have no desire to engage in.

Instead of:
'What is better in life?" (When did you stop beating your wife)

how about you say: "I personally would enjoy that, and feel very rewarded"

speak for yourself
I have got such a hard-on now.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

or

I'd say both, in varying degrees.

incognito

Post by incognito »

In theory, Welch could actually be Dawkins, yes?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I love it that some heroes are still coming out with the strategy to achieve OUR goal. It's not OUR goal, it's YOUR goal. YOU think WE should behave a certain way to achieve YOUR goal. Sorry YOU can behave that way, WE don't have the same goal.

LMU

Post by LMU »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Hey, I resemble that remark (where's my fuckin' candy cane vodka?)!

Seriously though, screw this "seriouspit" bullshit. Redundancy for the sake of being "polite". Not my bag.
I didn't know such a thing as candy cane vodka existed until you talked about it. I shall have to try it sometime! :D

welch

Post by welch »

Altair wrote:
Let me know when we get to the SexyPit!

http://bit.ly/XKE7lb

B-b-b-b-b...MOTORBOAAAAAAT

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

bhoytony wrote:I love it that some heroes are still coming out with the strategy to achieve OUR goal. It's not OUR goal, it's YOUR goal. YOU think WE should behave a certain way to achieve YOUR goal. Sorry YOU can behave that way, WE don't have the same goal.
"We" ???? :P

welch

Post by welch »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:

or

I'd say both, in varying degrees.
In the sense that "not at fucking all" is a degree, yes, a) is true.

Cunning Punt

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my astonishment[/spoiler]

Post by Cunning Punt »

jimthepleb wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:What does RW's evo psych talk and a fried ostrich egg have in common?
Both were widely panned.
I have contacted the Guinness Book of World Records to submit that as the the WORST PUN IN HISTORY!
Here's hoping.
If pun is the lowest form of wit, is bun the lowest form of wheat?
:rimshot:
I Thank You...I'll be here all night and I do children's parties but book fast to avoid disappointment.
Don't get started on bread again.

welch

Post by welch »

incognito wrote:In theory, Welch could actually be Dawkins, yes?
that would require actual super powers. and i'd rather be Richard Branson.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Richard Dworkins wrote:There are things posted here that I find crass and juvenile. There are other things posted here I find hilarious, and sometimes informative and even enlightening. While I am not myself one to go in for such brutalist satire, there is a fine tradition of ridicule of opponents features within the art form. Bankers as porcine toffs is a common one. Only last week Scarfe was dragged over the coals for his.

I like those two as my preferred perfect mix. Mocking without the restraint of self-censoring for politeness, mixed with logical responses/discussions/debates about the disputed issues and sub-issues.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

bhoytony wrote:
sacha wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Bottom line: Online n00b wanders in to the SlymePit and finds mostly personal attacks and vitriol, they are going to wander right back to the SJW, with their biases confirmed.
and why is that my responsibility? I don't give a fuck if they peek in here, get offended and outraged, and run back to the SJWs. Fucking weak, thin-skinned, puritan idiots. This is not a rescue site. Please, go create your own, and finally give your attempts at shaming those that are here for reasons other than coddling adults with repressed behaviour and language a bloody rest. Please, please, contact the others, and build what you want. You are a SJW. You want the easy way, the established, popular site to conform to your views, and apologise for it's behaviour. Fuck that, Damion. If you think it is that important, go make your forum to your exact specifications, and shut the fuck up about how this place "disappoints" you,

You are such a whiny bitch. I can't imagine participating regularly on a site that I am not happy with, and instead of going elsewhere, just whining for months about how you want it to be different. Please go be the decision-maker elsewhere.
d4m10n wrote:If instead they find mostly cogent arguments (however couched in humor and parody) against the cult of affirmative victimhood, they might well be liberated from several harmful presuppositions. What is better in life than to free minds?
Go rescue them! Show them the way! Put all of your tone trolling into a page of commandments! Start your forum! There is nothing better in life!

I can think of thousands of things more pleasant than "freeing minds" and "liberating people from several harmful presuppositions".

If I wanted children, I would have had them. If I wanted to babysit adults, I'd work in a drug rehab centre.

Teaching and babysitting are two things I have no desire to engage in.

Instead of:
'What is better in life?" (When did you stop beating your wife)

how about you say: "I personally would enjoy that, and feel very rewarded"

speak for yourself
I have got such a hard-on now.
Ah i was wondering why the moon was occluded down here.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
bhoytony wrote:I love it that some heroes are still coming out with the strategy to achieve OUR goal. It's not OUR goal, it's YOUR goal. YOU think WE should behave a certain way to achieve YOUR goal. Sorry YOU can behave that way, WE don't have the same goal.
"We" ???? :P
We = all the other members who each have their own goals.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

incognito wrote:In theory, Welch could actually be Dawkins, yes?
not welch no
bhoytony would be my bet

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Sadly I must confirm Welch's fundamental adawkinality.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

I'm convinced 'cunt' is shermer too
and ape+lust is harris....at least i think i have that the right way round.