Bunkspubble!

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10529
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Bunkspubble!

#1

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Submariner wrote:
Redheads are definitely hawt.
Don't fucking try to kid me:

http://hairstyles.thehairstyler.com/hai ... binson.jpg
Last edited by Lsuoma on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Editing title due to topic split.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10529
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#2

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Pitchguest wrote:On a totally unrelated note, what used to be my favourite webcomic, Sinfest, has now jumped the shark. For some reason, Tatsuya Ishida got totally enamored with feminist concepts like "The Patriarchy" and decided he would implement into the comic, which turned every character into a bland black and white caricature of their former selves. He also introduced various Mary Sue entities, conveniently called "The Sisterhood" and now that's all he does anymore. Everything is about "The Patriarchy", everything is a tool of "The Patriarchy", he even made a Matrix parody where "The Patriarchy" is the Matrix and "The Sisterhood" is designed to set others free. It's total bullshit, from beginning to end. The forum, too, has become riddled with a fainting couch brigade that wouldn't be out of place in the A+ forum.

I used to be a regular there, read it every day. I haven't checked it for several weeks now. I tuned in a couple of days ago and this is what I see,
Meh, not to piss in your cornflakes but it looked like a shitty sub-Bloom County even back in the "good" days.

Lsuoma the Grouch.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10529
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#3

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:12 pm

ReneeHendricks wrote:
That military shot was 24 years ago. So, close :) I like to think I'm still kinda hot for a 46 year old :D
I'm going to be up in Redmond in a couple of weekends with my camera gear. Let me know if you want to go for a topless shoot...

ShadowOfTheWickerman
.
.
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:59 pm
Location: LA, CA
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#4

Post by ShadowOfTheWickerman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Redheads are definitely hawt.
Don't fucking try to kid me:

http://hairstyles.thehairstyler.com/hai ... binson.jpg
http://e.asset.soup.io/asset/0947/1742_1544_450.jpeg

mordacious1
.
.
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Contact:

Renee photo

#5

Post by mordacious1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:23 pm

I thought Renee was promoting breast exam self screening...which is a good thing btw.

clownshoe
.
.
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#6

Post by clownshoe » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Our new Full Frontal Zealotry podcast is out: http://everdense.com/ffz/archives/163

In the latest gigglefest, we do an extremely cherry picked comparison of the A+ moderators to a random Christian forum.

[spoiler]The Christians win[/spoiler]

Thanks for the retweets and shares.

dougal445
.
.
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:35 am
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#7

Post by dougal445 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Dan wrote:
Reap wrote:Ok ...I need a title for my new blog. Any suggestions? If I do happen to pick one suggested by you then you win the honor of me never writing a harsh word about you, ever....unless you steal my car, or drink my last beer in the fridge. There are limits.
Reap's Privilege?
Paden me!

Richard Dworkins
.
.
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:31 am
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#8

Post by Richard Dworkins » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:56 pm

AndrewV69 wrote:
I had to stop there and search my memory. Then I realized that no, indeed I can not recall much about Derrida except for some generalized ideas which do not translate well into English. So I did a search and came across this:

A READER'S GUIDE TO "PLATO'S PHARMACY"
http://www.lawrence.edu/dept/english/co ... rmacy.html
"Plato's Pharmacy," one of Derrida's most influential and amusing early essays, was first published in 1972 and translated into English in 1981. The English translation, which was done by Barbara Johnson, is available in Dissemination, a collection of Derrida's essays published by the University of Chicago Press.

What is "Plato's Pharmacy" about? Hoo boy. What is it not about? Perhaps the best way to answer that one is by saying that the essay offers a close--no, make that a very close--reading of the Phaedrus, a dialogue by Plato. One of Derrida's goals in this essay is to show that although Plato tries to construct a number of hard and fast distinctions--such as the distinction between philosophy and mythology--those distinctions are actually undermined by his own logic and rhetoric.
So now I am going to disappear for awhile. I skimmed enough to determine that it is interesting enough to read slowly and savor. Not sure if I should thank you or curse you at this point, my reading list is already a mountain and this has just skipped to the head of the line.
I wouldn't waste my time if I were you unless you are a fan of deliberately abstruse dry literary critique.

You are correct, they have placed themselves in a maze with no centre or exit. They are neither skeptics nor atheists. Athenists perhaps.[/quote]

Possibly proof of impending full fledged senility, was that I first saw this as a reference to Pallas Athena, before realizing that the story of her creation would not go down well with that lot.[/quote]

It was indeed a reference to Athena but nothing more that as a reference to the kind of Goddess worship which is the opposite of a Priapic Cult, but equally as obsessed about their genitals.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11826
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#9

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 am

ERV wrote:
Darth Cynic wrote:... mostly for Nightwish...
I got to see Nightwish here in OKC. Because its OKC, where most people have no idea who Nightwish are, it was at a very small venue, so I got to spend the night five feet away from them, comfortably (not front-row arena my any means). Because Partner works security, we knew the head security guy working that night-- he was going to get us backstage, but they didnt stick around after the show. He did get us a signed poster, though.
Seing how Tarja is (used to be? It's been a while since I last talked to her) as full of herself as Myers, you probably didn't miss much by not going backstage.

On the other hand, if it was Floor Jensen singing when you saw them, you've missed something. Sweet lady!


Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10529
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#10

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:20 am

Split topic.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11826
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#11

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 am

Lsuoma wrote:Split topic.
Better to put that on the old topic, don't you think?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10529
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#12

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:26 am

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Split topic.
Better to put that on the old topic, don't you think?
It's locked - people should guess, no?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11826
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#13

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 am

Lsuoma wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Split topic.
Better to put that on the old topic, don't you think?
It's locked - people should guess, no?
Well, while catching up, I sometimes want to reply to an older post, only to see my answer disapear because by now the topic is locked. And since I am as dumb as fuck, it takes me a while to realise there's a new one. Maybe just put a parting word with a link to the new topic (like Abbie used to do at ERV)?

Or don't.

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#14

Post by Dick Strawkins » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:45 am

Ophelia almost has a point with her complaint but she goes and fucks up by using a hyperbolic slut-shaming comparison that would be instant proof of misogyny if used against someone she likes (cough...Rebecca?) who has ever made a photo with them looking 'seductive' or coy.
The girl in the photo doesn't look the way Ann is pictured in the story, but to describe the picture as someone posing for a 'bordello' advert is a rather informative rorscharch test of Ophelias attitude to sexuality.
She has red hair and she’s not a pouty poochy seductive type who lounges around with her hand in her hair posing for an ad for the local bordello.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10529
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#15

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:58 am

Did what Phil asked for dummies.

Skep tickle
.
.
Posts: 5357
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:04 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#16

Post by Skep tickle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:59 am

mordacious1 wrote:I thought Renee was promoting breast exam self screening...which is a good thing btw.
While there may be wonderful reasons to palpate the breasts in one's vicinity, breast self-exam (BSE) for screening isn't one of them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11450279 (chose this link just because the abstract spells out more about BSE)
...To date, 2 large randomized controlled trials, a quasi-randomized trial, a large cohort study and several case-control studies have failed to show a benefit for regular performance of BSE or BSE education, compared with no BSE. In contrast, there is good evidence of harm from BSE instruction, including significant increases in the number of physician visits for the evaluation of benign breast lesions and significantly higher rates of benign biopsy results. ... Because there is fair evidence of no benefit, and good evidence of harm, there is fair evidence to recommend that routine teaching of BSE be excluded from the periodic health examination of women...[up to age 70]...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10529
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#17

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:00 am

Skep tickle wrote: While there may be wonderful reasons to palpate the breasts in one's vicinity, breast self-exam (BSE) for screening isn't one of them.
[/quote]
TBH, I can't think of any good reason NOT to palpate the breasts in one's vicinity.

Michael K Gray
.
.
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Patient Benson?

#18

Post by Michael K Gray » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 am

Ms. Benson.
Doctor Schadenfreude here.
I want you to answer some simple questions for me, ok?
Is that all right?
Yes. Jeese, these questions really are easy!
Erm, Ok. I'll start now.

What is your name?
Cunt Lady!!!
Do you know where you are at the moment?
In the Slymepit torture chamber being kicked in the cunt!!
You've got to believe me doctor!
What day of the week is it?
Cuntday the second of Kicktober.
Who is the current president of the USA?
Oh, Amanda Marcotte! Thought you could fool me you slymepitter!
Oh no! I just remembered. It's Nixon.
Have friends or acquaintances said to you that you are getting much more forgetful?
I can't remember, you prick.
Has you memory interfered with your ability to take care of your chores around your house, or your job?
My cats do all of my housework, only the castrated ones of course, and I have the best job in the cunt. Sorry: world.
Do you remember my name?
Erm, Doctor Francenstein?
Where the hell is that damn Nurse!
Yes. I think that we have a prime candidate here.

decius
.
.
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#19

Post by decius » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:28 am

I'll just note that "talking about your bike" is listed in the video as one of the symptoms of being a hipster douchebag.
I'm already a Guido douchebag, you can't have it both ways.

decius
.
.
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#20

Post by decius » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 am

Fucking Finland. Great people, but the climate kills me. After a few years there I went into full-fledged depression, which lifted only when I moved out.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10529
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#21

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 am

I twice spent few months in Joensuu (back when the Soviet Union still existed). That was a very fucked up place. And the beer was cray expensive. No wonder drinking hallucinogenic reindeer is acceptable...

decius
.
.
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#22

Post by decius » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:39 am

My Tweeter feed is still doubling as a camping area for buzzword-flinging offended Beckyboys.
Dybbuk Press ‏@dybbukpress

@skepteaser "Good people" of DragonCon? Is that what you're calling people who give money to boy fuckers these days?

Of course, boycotting #DragonCon is ridiculous and irrational. Boyfucking is the staple of Western Civilization.

Oh so you guys are the mansplainers who want to pretend that the messenger is crazy.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11826
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#23

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:43 am

Lsuoma wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: While there may be wonderful reasons to palpate the breasts in one's vicinity, breast self-exam (BSE) for screening isn't one of them.
TBH, I can't think of any good reason NOT to palpate the breasts in one's vicinity.[/quote]

Myers' manboobs. Just sayin'!

BTW, Thanks for the lock-down notice for dummies. You even managed to bork the link at first try. Makes me proud of you, it does.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11826
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#24

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:46 am

And I borked the quote tags. makes us even.

Lost Moose
.
.
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:26 pm
Contact:

Red Heads

#25

Post by Lost Moose » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:49 am

[youtube]8bfPZQBWa5k[/youtube]

decius
.
.
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 am
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#26

Post by decius » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:57 am

clownshoe wrote:Our new Full Frontal Zealotry podcast is out: http://everdense.com/ffz/archives/163

In the latest gigglefest, we do an extremely cherry picked comparison of the A+ moderators to a random Christian forum.

[spoiler]The Christians win[/spoiler]

Thanks for the retweets and shares.
If you put a media-bar on site it would be easier to share.

However, very entertaining and professionally-recorded show, and you guys are very funny. It's definitely one of my favourite podcasts.

A minor quibble, you could try and equalise the volume. The jingles are much louder than the recorded voices.

jg64
.
.
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#27

Post by jg64 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:38 am

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: While there may be wonderful reasons to palpate the breasts in one's vicinity, breast self-exam (BSE) for screening isn't one of them.
TBH, I can't think of any good reason NOT to palpate the breasts in one's vicinity.
Myers' manboobs. Just sayin'!

BTW, Thanks for the lock-down notice for dummies. You even managed to bork the link at first try. Makes me proud of you, it does.[/quote]

Lol, I just sprayed tea everywhere.

Za-zen
.
.
Posts: 2622
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#28

Post by Za-zen » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 am

The following is an example of what any conversation with the ideologues is like:

Ellenbeth says something ridiculous:

EllenBeth Wachs says:
February 8, 2013 at 9:24 pm
You know how I know our side is winning? The pitters have realized how badly they look and had discussions (read arguments) about changing their behavior. Even they (well, some) know what they are doing is abusive and wrong.

Reply

Za-zen attempts to correct bad logic, and give his opinion as to what has actually happened on the pit:

Za-zen says:
February 9, 2013 at 10:10 am
Ah ellen demonstrating her mastery of logic once again.

By your definition of winning Ellen, the religious won the war when the atheist movement had its row between the Nu and accomodationists. I suggest you stand on an aircraft barrier with your “we’re winning” barrier behind you. Because you missed or wholly misunderstood the nature of the debate which took place within the pit.

Pitters have differing opinions on what the pit should be, some argue we should attempt to be more effective in taking down the ideologues by focusing purely on their bad arguments, others argue that they don’t really give a shit how effective they are in any broader objective, and enjoy the barrack room humour of photoshopping idiots so that they look idiotic, with the side benefit of sending said idiots into hysterics, which feeds the lolz. This debate has happened many times on the pit, and will continue to happen. It’s the nature of the pit.

Reply


Ellenbeth sees the reply gets butthurt, claims this is evidence as to why no dialogue can happen, misses the meat of my post, which should actually have been her opening to challenge, but no, grandstanding and victimhood reigns. Short version: he thinks differently from me, and corrected my wogic! Whhhaaaaaaa!

EllenBeth Wachs says:
February 9, 2013 at 10:41 pm
So Za zen simply confirms what I have said. He just has to insult me while he does it all the while justifying the abuse and harassment that spews forth from Slymepit Haters and being happy that it hurts the intended targets.

And Lee? You wonder why we don’t want to talk to these people?

Reply

http://anr.apartmentj.com/?p=894

clownshoe
.
.
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#29

Post by clownshoe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 am

decius wrote:
clownshoe wrote:Our new Full Frontal Zealotry podcast is out: http://everdense.com/ffz/archives/163

In the latest gigglefest, we do an extremely cherry picked comparison of the A+ moderators to a random Christian forum.

[spoiler]The Christians win[/spoiler]

Thanks for the retweets and shares.
If you put a media-bar on site it would be easier to share.

However, very entertaining and professionally-recorded show, and you guys are very funny. It's definitely one of my favourite podcasts.

A minor quibble, you could try and equalise the volume. The jingles are much louder than the recorded voices.
Glad you're enjoying it, and thanks for the retweets.
I may have rushed the mix for the last episode too much, I'll turn them down next one.

What do you mean by media-bar?

decius
.
.
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 am
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#30

Post by decius » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:30 am

clownshoe wrote: Glad you're enjoying it, and thanks for the retweets.
I may have rushed the mix for the last episode too much, I'll turn them down next one.

What do you mean by media-bar?
Actually, it's very noticeable in all episodes (especially through powerful loudspeakers, not so much with headphones).
For future episodes, I'm not really an expert, but either you watch the peaks or use a normalize filter in post-production. Or just ignore my whiny rants.

By media bar I mean a set of buttons which makes it easier to share via Tweeter, Facekook, etc.

Mykeru
.
.
Posts: 4758
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:52 am
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#31

Post by Mykeru » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 am

ERV wrote: I got to see Nightwish here in OKC. Because its OKC, where most people have no idea who Nightwish are, it was at a very small venue, so I got to spend the night five feet away from them, comfortably (not front-row arena my any means). Because Partner works security, we knew the head security guy working that night-- he was going to get us backstage, but they didnt stick around after the show. He did get us a signed poster, though.
See, when someone uses the term "partner", I tend to think of something like this:

[youtube]gsJ4pALlbEM[/youtube]

Wow, when I was a kid, I didn't realize how freaking gay that was.

I mean, seriously, I was like ten years old, but did not one notice the "stop looking at that chick so I can blow you" in slo-mo followed by Hutch literally getting his ass pounded and the "no homo" boom hug?

Also "The Dude" wants his sweater back.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!
Posts: 1556
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#32

Post by ERV » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:32 am

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
ERV wrote:
Darth Cynic wrote:... mostly for Nightwish...
I got to see Nightwish here in OKC. Because its OKC, where most people have no idea who Nightwish are, it was at a very small venue, so I got to spend the night five feet away from them, comfortably (not front-row arena my any means). Because Partner works security, we knew the head security guy working that night-- he was going to get us backstage, but they didnt stick around after the show. He did get us a signed poster, though.
On the other hand, if it was Floor Jensen singing when you saw them, you've missed something. Sweet lady!

Yup! I think it was her second show in the US, last fall!

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#33

Post by Apples » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:39 am

Tony the Dancing Telegram Queer Shoop wrote:Oh, that poor, oppressed abear. The dear was subjected to harsh criticism and a barroom brawl threat that ultimately was nothing more than a joke. I loved seeing him talk about lawyers and terrorist threats. How heavy is the head sporting a slymepit crown?
Thanks, Tony! Good to have multiple protestations from the 'Gulag that there is a world of difference between "threats" and "jokes." The fact that you folks think abear was serious about his complaint, as opposed to baiting y'all into admitting the hypocrisy, is particularly delicious.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... erdome-19/ (comment 133)

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#34

Post by Apples » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:50 am

shameless quotemine of Cipher (from A+ thread on Dorner/LAPD vigilante):
Cipher wrote:I can't get on board with, really, anything about the LAPD. They murder mentally ill people and PoC for basically no reason and get away with it. So I get it. I get thinking that killing a fuckton of people might be the only way to change things at all, and I get thinking that things are intolerable as they are.
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3917

cunt
.
.
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#35

Post by cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 am

Whenever people disagree with them or call them out now its because its our INITIATION RITUAL. Or something. I was under the impression that anybody could register here and just start posting. Almost like, people don't really give a shit.

AnonymousCowherd
.
.
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:49 am
Location: The Penumbra of Doubt
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#36

Post by AnonymousCowherd » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 am

The "ceasefire" thread at PZs place still holds a few minor LOLs.

This may look obessive, lurking Whored, but a 'pitter's gotta do what a 'pitter's gotta do... After all, I wouldn't want you to think, as
Esteleth, OH NO ZEBRAFISH ABORTION IN MORDOR does i.e.
Yeah, I’m going to agree with the argument that the difference between 4Chan and the Slymepit is that 4Chan doesn’t attempt to argue that they aren’t 4Chan.
Just before he got told off for using a homophobic slur, one klatu attempted to chide PZ very slightly. He also doesn't seemto have got the memo that "their side" doesn't call Ye Pitters anything except "sexist",
Klatu
These people are neither sick nor kooks nor crazy, insane, demented, foolish, hysterical, nutty, rabid, feverish, blind, deaf, retarded or dim-witted.
However they are creepy, vile, scurrillous, misogynistic, rapey, abusive, bile-spewing, revoltingly hateful, butt-hurt bullies who act as the vanguard of the kyriarchy. Ableist jargon does no one a service.
Caine pulls s/h/it into line and klatu bends over far enough to kiss s/h/it's own arse. Because dissent is fine, and they aren't a hive mind or something.

In amongst Bensons intermitent attempts to make all the suffering and abuse about her, Anthony K The Brown in Motion demonstrates why they never abuse the "other side" - because, when they do it, the abuse is invisible!

He quotes someone re Reap Paden:
On the other side Reap Paden, host of the Angry Atheist podcast, has been labeled a sexist and racist for having a heated disagreement with another prominent blogger. Those kinds of labels are not easily shaken off, in some circles, especially our own, they can ruin you without any evidence to support them.
And then commments that (underlining mine):
I don’t see the issue in the second paragraph, though. Won’t anyone from the rational community who reads “Reap Paden is sexist” simply go to his podcasts and listen to, say, the one in which he calls Stephanie a cunt over and over, and easily conclude that Reap is one of the most progressive people ever and that he’s simply being smeared by the Free Thought Bullies who nobody listens to anyway?
Completely fails to mention that Reap was labelled "racist" as well as sexist, and that's arguably harder to shake off than "sexist". Of course, next to the monumental blindness of not noticing that PZ insinuated we were all mass murderers and Benson similarly insinuated we are "stochastic terrorists", Aunt K's slip is trivial*, but telling.

Speaking of twisted wish fulfillment, one "kagato" wants to see Chris Clarke's super scary death threat appear in the 'pit.

Granted, kagato! Here's Chris seeing of someone who slightly disagreed and copped a howling dog-pile:
Though now I’m imagining a remake of the Python Skit where the condemned prisoner chooses his manner of execution, and selects being chased off a cliff by topless roller derby girls.
In the remake, me and a hundred of my fattest friends chase Georget off the cliff mounted on our scooters.
Good job none of us said that, eh. But the image of Chris and the whole fat-arsed Minnesota mafia in the creepy clown car chasing some poor schmuck of a cliff (and being T-boned by Al's demon golf buggy), is too good to pass up.

Sorry I couldn't take the scary death threat seriously guys. You're certainly worth a laugh though.

Anyway, back to your usual programming. I know Caine can take it easy after all the 'pit hasn't done anything at all;
Now be fair, they devoted at least a year to coming up with stupid twists on people’s names.
(Not that much work was needed to up the stoopid quotient on the Whored's wacky, ironic, monikers)

So s/h/it can now unbunch her panties and go explain to Benson and PZ that they are all wrong about the output of the 'pit.

* And not just s/h/it's slip, but that would be telling.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#37

Post by welch » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:07 am

Dick Strawkins wrote:Ophelia almost has a point with her complaint but she goes and fucks up by using a hyperbolic slut-shaming comparison that would be instant proof of misogyny if used against someone she likes (cough...Rebecca?) who has ever made a photo with them looking 'seductive' or coy.
The girl in the photo doesn't look the way Ann is pictured in the story, but to describe the picture as someone posing for a 'bordello' advert is a rather informative rorscharch test of Ophelias attitude to sexuality.
She has red hair and she’s not a pouty poochy seductive type who lounges around with her hand in her hair posing for an ad for the local bordello.

I get not being happy about the STORY changes. That's fine. But shitting all over the BOOK COVER MODEL? Fuck that, now I want someone to make a gonzo porn version just to piss Ophie off. (Because it will come up, OBVIOUSLY all the participants would be of legal age. ) "Anal of Green Gables"

cunt
.
.
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#38

Post by cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:10 am

If it tricks "dudebros" into actually reading Anne of Green Gables then surely that's a good thing.

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#39

Post by Apples » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:19 am

I believe a few 'Pitters noted the use of "morons" in the A+ conversations about oolon's blockbot. Coming up with stinging insults sure is a tricky and ponderous business when you are a social justice warrior.
Xanthe wrote:I’d also like to take the opportunity to apologise to all present for using the word ‘morons’ in one of my posts above.

Using that particular word was ableist, and it would have been much better to substitute a much less stigmatised term like ‘fools’ in order to give the right impression (someone deliberately playing the fool), even if I have every reason to suspect from the miserable quality of their arguments that severe cognitive impairment could be a rational if oppressive judgement to make on these people. Again from the immaturity and paucity of their arguments, I also entertained the idea of labelling them juvenile or infantile since some of these fools seem to have the emotional and intellectual development of a twelve-year-old, which again apart from the fact that ageism labelling would be bad, is contradicted by reality since I know twelve-year-olds who would be offended by such a comparison.

Summary of that: splash damage from ableism or ageism is bad, and I’m again sorry for the ableism upthread.
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 6&start=25

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11826
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#40

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:29 am

Xanthe hangs out with twelve-years-olds. Noted.

cunt
.
.
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#41

Post by cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:33 am

Sorry for insulting you. I hope it didn't hurt anybody else's feelings. *looks around*

*checks underneath sofa cushions*

Are you offended down there? Sorry.

BarnOwl
.
.
Posts: 3311
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:18 pm
Location: The wrong trouser of Time
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#42

Post by BarnOwl » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 am

The blonde Anne of Green Gables is yet another way that the patriarchy oppresses Ophelia and ruins her enjoyment of everything with misogyny and harassment. I'm sure the 'Pit is responsible in some way, by photoshopping a photo of a blonde girl over the original redhead. I suggest that Ophelia buy herself a Kindle or a Nook and read books without looking at the covers or illustrations - maybe her doting supporters can buy one for her and load it with approved literature. Poor Ophelia, she works so hard for the betterment of humankind all day and receives so much abuse - it's really a wonder that she can soldier on with her social justice activism, living in a squalid inner city hovel and surviving by eating at soup kitchens or waiting for conference handouts of egg rolls like she does.

(For a story of a real urban activist and educator, see this piece about Central Park birdwatcher Starr Saphir.)

You're nothing short of ridiculous, Ophelia, in your self-absorption and self-pity.

cunt
.
.
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#43

Post by cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:41 am

Anne of Green Gables is out of copyright. Its not even like its some publisher attempting to re-enforce the patriarchy. It's just some guy.

I'm going to live to 100 and self-publish A Handmaids Tale with a porno cover.

jimthepleb
.
.
Posts: 2414
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:54 am
Location: you kay?
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#44

Post by jimthepleb » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:39 am

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Xanthe hangs out with twelve-years-olds. Noted.
Oh cool they're letting the older kids in to play now then?
:rimshot:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6753
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#45

Post by Tigzy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:07 am

Re: Ophelia getting into a stew because the actress chosen to play Anne of Green Gables isn't a ginge.

Has the silly old bat never heard of hair dye?

Anyways - speaking of hot coppertops, how about Jamie Clayton?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kC5MT2r5U8s/S ... layton.jpg

Admittedly, a bit of a late starter in attaining femalehood, but she sure made a fine job of it once she got there.

Interestingly, Jamie is an actress. Wonder what Pruney would have made of it if she had been chosen for the role.

"Yes, but Anne was never a ma- oh."

Stretchycheese
.
.
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:22 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#46

Post by Stretchycheese » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 am

For people who have the radical idea that women are people, some feminists tend to think that women are unable to think by themselves and spend their days in a brainwashed automatic state.I never read the comic before it jumped the shark, but it did help me realize Pharyngula had jumped the shark. I used to read it from time to time because of the articles about science and creationism, but I hadn't noticed what it had become until PZ posted the "Sisterhood part 7"

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4051 (the image is too big to embed)

That comic showed me the insane, paranoid and totally dogmatic nature of the "patriarchy" theory, and that's when I realized something was rotten in the state of skepticism.
Wow, that is totally screwed up. Almost thought that comic was poe at first and it was some sort of parody of radical feminism. It could have easily been a parody if one of the first captions said "put on these radfem dogmatist goggles!" It explains the basis for the FTB radfem labels like sister punisher, gender traitor, chill girl, or self hating women towards women who disagree with their dogmatism. It explains how they like to infantilize women and deny them their agency.

It also confirms what I wrote earlier about how many of them seem to always wear gynocentrist "gender goggles" when looking at every social issue.

Those comics are begging to be photoshopped or parodied (perhaps in the style of one of those Jack Chick comic parodies) by one of our Slymepit satirists. :)

There's been unfortunate nastiness in both sides of this schism. I'm willing to grant that the other side has had valid points every now and then. But given the dogmatism exemplified in the comic and FTB point of view, I have definitely chosen the right side of this schism.

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#47

Post by Apples » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:23 am

PZ responds to NoelPlum's video with a serving of the usual:
I know you’re all tired of him, but NoelPlum99 is a sincere troll, so I’ll actually answer him, despite the fact that his sincerity is really just a side effect of self-absorption.
PZ is an arrogant and boring mediocrity, though his arrogance is really just a side-effect of his failure to thrive in academia.
Oh, yes. Why don’t I tolerate dissent, from a dissenter who posted here for over 4 months, making 168 comments. I have to say, this is a remarkably stupid question.
Wow - a commenting career amounting to an average of fewer than 2 comments per day over 4 months. Sounds like a really prolific and disruptive troll.
We can apply this to every site on the internet: why aren’t the comment threads at AVoiceForMen full of people aghast at the misogyny on display? Why aren’t 10% of the comments at RaptureReady people belittling the inanity of Bible prophecy?
Interesting questions/comparisons.
Reasonable dissent is allowed, but the key word there is reasonable. So why aren’t there a bunch of reasonable people here disagreeing with the major premises of the blog (there is, of course, a great deal of disagreeing going on in the comments — NoelPlum99 has to have his blinders on to fail to see that — but it’s just not over fundamentals, like the value of science)? Because they can’t disagree reasonably.
LOL
In this case, I posted my regrets that Natalie Reed was leaving FtB, and also pointed out something that NoelPlum99 ought to find ironic: that the trolls and abusers are driving someone out of their own space.
Oops - PZ's forgetting to lissen to the wimminz again. Natalie Reed clearly said she didn't feel that she was driven off of FTB by trolls/harassers and asked people like PZ not to use her departure to serve their narrative. Oh well.
I will, for instance, ban racists on sight, because their arguments are not in any way scientifically or ethically defensible, and in fact are simply odious and evil.
Like ComradeBob and SteveOR? I believe it was only last week that you explicitly delayed banning ComradeBob because reasons. I assume you keep SteveOR around because he's ridiculous and pathetic and keeps SGBM distracted.
There are no rational grounds, no context for reasonable dissent, for being anti-feminist, for instance, or denying that our culture is deeply patriarchal and sexist. ... Because really, how do you express “reasonable dissent” from the view that women are people, and that our society institutionalizes discrimination of all sorts?
Whatever you say, Peez. Have fun storming the castle. :clap:

freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/02/10/i-am-asked-a-question-about-commenting/
sorry for no freezepage - it's buggy at the moment.

cunt
.
.
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#48

Post by cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:26 am

Tigzy wrote:Re: Ophelia getting into a stew because the actress chosen to play Anne of Green Gables isn't a ginge.

Has the silly old bat never heard of hair dye?

Anyways - speaking of hot coppertops, how about Jamie Clayton?

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kC5MT2r5U8s/S ... on.jpg[img]

Admittedly, a bit of a late starter in attaining femalehood, but she sure made a fine job of it once she got there.

Interestingly, Jamie is an actress. Wonder what Pruney would have made of it if she had been chosen for the role.

"Yes, but Anne was never a ma- oh."
Its a book cover model, not an actress. As soon as you start reading the book you find out the character is actually a red-headed 10-11 year old. So really, if you bought it because the cover had a blonde sex-pot with come-hither eyes, you got owned.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6753
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#49

Post by Tigzy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:31 am

Apples wrote:
I will, for instance, ban racists on sight, because their arguments are not in any way scientifically or ethically defensible, and in fact are simply odious and evil.
Like ComradeBob and SteveOR? I believe it was only last week that you explicitly delayed banning ComradeBob because reasons. I assume you keep SteveOR around because he's ridiculous and pathetic and keeps SGBM distracted.
Actually...that could explain a lot as to why SteveoR is barely tolerated there. Peez has expressed some annoyance at SGBM's OCD thread-policing before; in which case, SteveOR serves as a good distraction. Kind of like a rubber bone to a leg-humping terrier.
Because really, how do you express “reasonable dissent” from the view that women are people...
...and men are mostly like Skeletor?

cunt
.
.
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#50

Post by cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:31 am

PZ really is a piece of shit.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5436
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#51

Post by Gumby » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 am

Really, the key to PZ's ramblings is this:

PZ said:
There are no rational grounds, no context for reasonable dissent, for being anti-feminist, for instance, or denying that our culture is deeply patriarchal and sexist. ... Because really, how do you express “reasonable dissent” from the view that women are people, and that our society institutionalizes discrimination of all sorts?
:doh:

So, PZ, you are saying that there can be NO reasonable dissent, because you consider anyone not in line with your views to be "anti-feminist" (ABSOLUTELY NOT FUCKING TRUE), and in your view if anyone thinks that there's as not as much patriarchal sexism in (presumably U.S.) culture as you amp it up to be, they are being "unreasonable". Really? Everything is that black-and-white to you? Also, dumbfuck cultist, people who disagree with you DO NOT THINK WOMEN AREN'T PEOPLE.

http://transitionculture.org/wp-content ... awman1.jpg

justinvacula
.
.
Posts: 1748
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#52

Post by justinvacula » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:38 am

All of this talk about how conferences need to have anti-harassment policies and how certain women will refuse to speak at conferences which don't have them...and guess what, Rebecca Watson is speaking at a conference which appears to have no visible anti-harassment policy! I wonder if Rebecca will be writing blog posts about how the conference organizers are horrible people who don't care about women. Maybe Ophelia Benson will compare NECSS with Nazi Germany (or not compare NECSS with Nazi Germany). Will there be boycotts?

www.necss.org

cunt
.
.
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#53

Post by cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:39 am

And there was another obvious reason why some dissenters get banned: they are obtuse and don’t listen. There are regular commenters here who are similarly obstinate, but at least this is their space and they have voluntarily joined up with a group sharing similar views. If you’re a dissenter, holding a minority view, there’s an expectation that you’re actually here because you’re looking to learn about a different point of view (although, as I said above, usually you’re here about confrontation for confrontation’s sake). You’re getting dogpiled; there are 20 people telling you you’re wrong. Then what happens, typically?
Read: They stick up for themselves and dispel the claims being made by the house trolls who continually attempt to put words in their mouths.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6753
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#54

Post by Tigzy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:41 am

cunt wrote: Its a book cover model, not an actress. As soon as you start reading the book you find out the character is actually a red-headed 10-11 year old. So really, if you bought it because the cover had a blonde sex-pot with come-hither eyes, you got owned.
Shit - missed that bit. From the fuss that's blown up over it, it seemed akin to froth the nerds worked up over the casting of Idris Elba as Heimdall in Thor.

So it's about a book cover. And a very minor Createspace edition at that. Meh.


cunt
.
.
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#56

Post by cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:45 am

Why won't you immediately bow before the mighty intellects of Caine and SallyStrange? We can, surely, learn so much from these fucking idiots.

Pitchguest
.
.
Posts: 3775
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

#57

Post by Pitchguest » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 am

Lsuoma wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:On a totally unrelated note, what used to be my favourite webcomic, Sinfest, has now jumped the shark. For some reason, Tatsuya Ishida got totally enamored with feminist concepts like "The Patriarchy" and decided he would implement into the comic, which turned every character into a bland black and white caricature of their former selves. He also introduced various Mary Sue entities, conveniently called "The Sisterhood" and now that's all he does anymore. Everything is about "The Patriarchy", everything is a tool of "The Patriarchy", he even made a Matrix parody where "The Patriarchy" is the Matrix and "The Sisterhood" is designed to set others free. It's total bullshit, from beginning to end. The forum, too, has become riddled with a fainting couch brigade that wouldn't be out of place in the A+ forum.

I used to be a regular there, read it every day. I haven't checked it for several weeks now. I tuned in a couple of days ago and this is what I see,
Meh, not to piss in your cornflakes but it looked like a shitty sub-Bloom County even back in the "good" days.

Lsuoma the Grouch.
I didn't like it at first either, but it grew on me. For instance, he used to make genius comics like these,

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2896
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2721
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2931
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2987
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3022

This next one is one of my favourites (after you've read the comic since the start, it's a really sweet and endearing strip, not to mention it shows a development of the characters)

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3099

Since "The Sisterhood" was introduced, their development has instead regressed. Dullsville. Anyway, enough about Sinfest.

cunt
.
.
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#58

Post by cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:48 am

Three Word Phrase, Perry Bible Fellowship and sometimes Achewood. <- good webcomics

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5436
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#59

Post by Gumby » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 am

PZ:
And there was another obvious reason why some dissenters get banned: they are obtuse and don’t listen.
Translation: They are banned because they won't be swayed by the illogical arguments of your commenters.
There are regular commenters here who are similarly obstinate, but at least this is their space and they have voluntarily joined up with a group sharing similar views.
Translation: Dissenters are fine, as long as they hold 99.99% the exact same views as the rest of us.
If you’re a dissenter, holding a minority view, there’s an expectation that you’re actually here because you’re looking to learn about a different point of view (although, as I said above, usually you’re here about confrontation for confrontation’s sake).
Translation: Unless you're here to be converted, we're going to treat you like you're a troll here to cause trouble.
You’re getting dogpiled; there are 20 people telling you you’re wrong.
Translation: If you don't agree with us 100%, the abuse from the stunted commentariat begins.
Then what happens, typically?
They get banned for not joining the cult and kowtowing to the leader and his emotionally crippled followers.

Go to any forum run by batshit-crazy religious fundamentalists and you'll get the exact same treatment if you don't bow down before Jesus and otherwise agree with everything the forum's members say.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5436
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Bunkspubble!

#60

Post by Gumby » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:54 am

Wow, that makes me want to learn how to read!

Locked