Bunkspubble!

Old subthreads
Skep tickle

Re: Bunkspubble!

Post by Skep tickle »

incognito wrote:They have 4 or 5 new mods, too.

Who's Bill Haines?
I remember looking over the list many months ago, probably September or October, and seeing a bunch of people highlighted (green or red, can't recall) who I'd never seen active on the board, one of whom was in Jen McCreight's department (with the department website attached to his A+ member info, even). I'm not sure that's the person, but it was a full name, and a man's name. Also BlagHag, in red, as Site Admin.

I interpreted all that as meaning there had been an initial flurry of excitement that, for some, died quickly & they fled.

Also, I've been looking at the current users, names in the list of posts on the index page, & total post count at least once a day for ~2 weeks, and haven't seen any new names in green or red (much less many new/unfamiliar names). For example, right now the people on-site are "ceepolk, Flewellyn, Grimalkin, Hendrake, piegasm, Sylvia Sybil" and 1-2 hrs ago it was just "Xanthe" (no longer green).

So - are you sure the 4 or 5 are new mods (as opposed to very-original mods who were never demodded but aren't active)?

comslave

Post by comslave »

As far as I can tell, the slymepit hasn't voted for an anthem yet. I want to submit my vote for "Hot Girls" by Namie Amuro

Unfortunately I can't find it on digital download, the closest I was able to find was a couple Esprique commercials it was used in.

[youtube]bnoM98P8GHE[/youtube]

[youtube]AAgfVJBdXJg[/youtube]

I'm sure someone here probably has the torrent-fu to acquire a copy (I bought mine).

There's plenty enough objectification there to make Ophie's head explode.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

rocko2466 wrote:Oh good. You two losers sandwiched my normal-person-post inside two copies of that effing picture.
http://blog.chron.com/bookish/files/2011/05/hook1.jpg

incognito

Post by incognito »

Skep tickle wrote:
incognito wrote:They have 4 or 5 new mods, too.

Who's Bill Haines?
I remember looking over the list many months ago, probably September or October, and seeing a bunch of people highlighted (green or red, can't recall) who I'd never seen active on the board, one of whom was in Jen McCreight's department (with the department website attached to his A+ member info, even). I'm not sure that's the person, but it was a full name, and a man's name. Also BlagHag, in red, as Site Admin.

I interpreted all that as meaning there had been an initial flurry of excitement that, for some, died quickly & they fled.

Also, I've been looking at the current users, names in the list of posts on the index page, & total post count at least once a day for ~2 weeks, and haven't seen any new names in green or red (much less many new/unfamiliar names). For example, right now the people on-site are "ceepolk, Flewellyn, Grimalkin, Hendrake, piegasm, Sylvia Sybil" and 1-2 hrs ago it was just "Xanthe" (no longer green).

So - are you sure the 4 or 5 are new mods (as opposed to very-original mods who were never demodded but aren't active)?
I'm 99.9999999999% sure Blaghag was not a mod or admin when I was there. I'm only maybe 90% sure some of these mods aren't new. I remember seeing inactive mods listed, but some of these names are totally new to me.

I'm thinking the primary active admin, hyperdeath, must have put out the Batsignal to try to revive the forum or something, and re-enlisted former mods again?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

If we're going to have an anthem, it has to be this:

[youtube]8sjkqJbENjg[/youtube]

incognito

Post by incognito »

Metalogic42 wrote:If we're going to have an anthem, it has to be this:

I have one of their t shirts. :)

incognito

Post by incognito »

Oh, wow...I just remembered that my husband's band played a show with them. Man, we were really inebriated. We noticed we were all bloody when we got home. The lead singer was smoking crack behind the venue, too. I do remember that.

comslave

Post by comslave »

What language is that in?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

comslave wrote:

Grindcore. :lol:

incognito

Post by incognito »

[youtube]a9ysyKgjovU[/youtube]

ANAL CUNT - Even Though Your Culture Oppresses Women You Still Suck You Fucking Towelhead Lyrics

Towelhead, towelhead. Towelhead, you fucking towelhead (x4)

You fucking towelhead
You wear a towel on your head, you fucking towelhead
I hate women, you do too
But you have a mustache, you fucking towelhead
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com

It's cool they beat up women when they show their head
It's cool they beat up women when they show their face
Those cunts have to cover their fucking ankle
You think you're cool 'cause you ride a camel

incognito

Post by incognito »

Metalogic42 wrote:
comslave wrote:

Grindcore. :lol:
Ha! You meat me to it!

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Funny thing is, I hate grindcore. But it's just so damn appropriate.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

rocko2466 wrote:Also, SUCK A DICK, GRAY. Wtf was that picture.
It is Crommunist's guest nutcase blogger on FTB, if I remember correctly.
rocko2466 wrote:(And, no, I'm not tone-policing, but Jesus Christ we need the spoiler thing back again!)
You sound like Benson: "I was not comparing TAM to NAZI Germany, except that is was."

incognito

Post by incognito »

Metal of that flavor is just funny to me.

incognito

Post by incognito »

And now for something completely different...

[youtube]vlUe8mvm7ZA[/youtube]

lol

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

incognito wrote:
I have one of their t shirts. :)
Give it back you thief!

incognito

Post by incognito »

Oh god, I'm the worst feminist ever.

[youtube]BKA9g7Ow4VY[/youtube]

:oops:

Dick Strawkins

Re: Suspended

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:How resilient am I to being suspended via mass blocking?
What, like this A+/FTB Idiot, HalfwitGefiltefish?
https://haifischgeweint.files.wordpress ... c_1490.jpg
Oh, and TRIGGER WARNING!
That isn't half-fishy. It's a friend of hers/his.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Skep tickle wrote:
Mmm, I've apparently been reading too much there, because their reaction didn't strike me as at all unexpected. It is funny how Mr Samsa keeps saying he is NOT saying "X" and they (esp Setar) keep telling him he IS saying "X", though.

That thread does explain this thread, from which it was apparently split:
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3923 ("The Banning of Marine Rachel").

So, hey, probably 2 bannings from this*, pretty efficient, wouldn't you say.

*Because you don't really think they're going to let Mr.Samsa stay, do you?
The behavior of the mods over there reminds me of one of those cheesy prison movies.
Some librul lawyer is driving through the deep south and looks at a cop the wrong way and gets stuck in jail, whereupon he is targeted by the malevolent and troglogytic prison guards. Anything he says to remind them of the law is used as an excuse to stick him in the punishment hole for another week.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Oh, and TRIGGER WARNING!
That is not the impression that his blog post gave:
http://haifischgeweint.wordpress.com/20 ... pension-1/
Dare I ask whence you formed your firm opinion on this matter?

Michael K Gray

Re: DoubleBunkspubble!

Post by Michael K Gray »

Dick Strawkins wrote:The behavior of the mods over there reminds me of one of those cheesy prison movies.
Some librul lawyer is driving through the deep south and looks at a cop the wrong way and gets stuck in jail, whereupon he is targeted by the malevolent and troglogytic prison guards. Anything he says to remind them of the law is used as an excuse to stick him in the punishment hole for another week.
Yes.
A vicious bullying power-game by the once bullied.

incognito

Re: DoubleBunkspubble!

Post by incognito »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:The behavior of the mods over there reminds me of one of those cheesy prison movies.
Yes.
A vicious bullying power-game by the once bullied.
Cee does seem a bit like the character Andrew Detmer from the movie Chronicle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicle_(film)

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Oh, and TRIGGER WARNING!
That is not the impression that his blog post gave:
http://haifischgeweint.wordpress.com/20 ... pension-1/
Dare I ask whence you formed your firm opinion on this matter?
I got my impression by reading the actual blog post that contained the picture.

http://haifischgeweint.wordpress.com/20 ... -hormones/
The other day, I attended my friend’s sixth hook suspension. She was hoisted up into euphoric bliss in a lotus position. Pictured below is moments before her euphoria reached full tilt, as she was given what is essentially an under-duck.
The important question is: what the fuck is an under-duck...

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I got my impression by reading the actual blog post that contained the picture.
http://haifischgeweint.wordpress.com/20 ... -hormones/
The other day, I attended my friend’s sixth hook suspension. She was hoisted up into euphoric bliss in a lotus position. Pictured below is moments before her euphoria reached full tilt, as she was given what is essentially an under-duck.
Yes.
You are quite correct.
I am quite incorrect.¹
Dick Strawkins wrote:The important question is: what the fuck is an under-duck...
Get Down!
(Eider dat, or you get the bill.)

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

cunt wrote:Three Word Phrase, Perry Bible Fellowship and sometimes Achewood. <- good webcomics
perry bible fellowship=lols

Happy Birthday, Miggs!

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

jimthepleb wrote:Dawkins under fire for describing a woman as histrionic.
:o
https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/stat ... 3713736704
bad richard :naughty:
I learned several things from that exchange.

1) Woman claims Dawkins is sexist because he used the word 'histrionic' (link)

2) Same woman apparently doesn't think that kicking someone in the balls is sexist (link)

3) Feminist who says "Oh no a man who almost certainly believes 'misandry is real' has pass-agg fav'd and RT'd me, I'm just waiting for the hammer to fall now." (link) then goes on to RT someone who says "richard dawkins might literally be the stupidest human being alive"

4) Dawkins has the patience of a saint.

Michael K Gray

Re: Bunkspubblé!

Post by Michael K Gray »

jjbinx007 wrote:1) Woman claims Dawkins is sexist because he used the word 'histrionic'
Methinks this may be because of the incidental resemblance between 'histrionic' & 'hysterical'.
'Histrionic' is merely Latin for 'actor'. It is not sexist in any way shape nor form.

It reminds me of those fucking ignorant fuckwit cunting idiots who aver that the adjective 'niggardly' is racist, the intercoursingly ignorant bastards.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: PLease Help Me Butthurt PZ

Post by Jan Steen »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: [Turd of Redhead]
And so the proven idjit liar Mykerpoo once again proves his presuppositional ignorance of EVIDENCE and offers only his OPINION. OPINION is not EVIDENCE and per the Hitchens quote can be *FLOOSH* sent to the biohazard treatment center for cleanup and release. It does not realize its own idjit OPINIONS are just that: OPINIONS which need to be backed up by links to the EVIDENCE such as an be found in the libraries of scientific institutions. The Horde recognizes a presuppositional liar and bullshitter when it sees one, who has no evidence for his claims other than presupposition and faith, neither of which would pass muster with a scientist, professional debunker or magician which is required for the Horde to take you seriously.

[/Turd of Redhead]
Admit it: You hacked into the Pharyngula source code and managed to steal the Nerd of Redhead script. Did you also get hold of the John Morales and Caine subroutines? Any others perhaps?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Zenspace wrote:
Apples wrote:
Zenspace wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 2d0d9f.png

Narcissistic assholes and their privileged, indolent, all-expenses-paid conference-attending lifestyles.
That is a telling (and a bit funny) exchange if you understand 'corporate speak'. OB, on the other hand, is just grubbing for a free trip.
Pretty fucking immature and weird to put him on the spot by doing it on twitter. One thing that makes Ophie so bizarre is that she's like a self-centered teenager in an old lady's body.
Yes, immature and a stupid game overall. One could interpret that a prior conversation had taken place with Lindsey where he implied CFI would be interested in sending her if not for other obligations on her part. Her gambit was to lever Law's interest in an effort to change Lindsey's mind and get a free international trip out of the deal. Lindsey is having none of it. The problem with a public backdoor outreach like that is the risk of a public takedown, which is what she received, albeit in polite corporate speak. Lindsey cut it off before Law had a chance to respond. A secondary problem with the method is Lindsey is likely to remember such a stupid game. The smarter move would have been a direct phoned call to Law. No email record left and more personal. The hint is that she isn't in with Law to be comfortable enough doing that, or her interpersonal skills aren't very good (never saw that coming!) or she is just lazy. None of those represent qualities you want in a high level corporate representative. :naughty:

Did I ever mention that I'm a corporate strategist?
:lol:

I think you guys are reading waaaaaaaaaay too much into this. I saw it as those people just joking around with each other.

I know the temptation is to find something awful in everything these people say or do, but let's not resort to unevidenced straining at gnats. You're trying too hard.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I've just seen on CNN that the Pope is resigning!

New job opportunity for Peezuz, perhaps?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Caught you hoggling, Kabuki-face! :D

http://i.imgur.com/uKto08v.png

But rest assurred, o vacuous soul of the pomo skeptical movement, no rumours will get started about this. Really, you're not that important. However much you may think otherwise.
That was sort-of obvious, it was surprising to see people jumping on it here (specifically people jumping on Ophelia for joining in with their joke).
Agreed. These idiots give us so much real ammunition there's no need to conjure it up.

I'm NOT saying people here are deliberately making shit up; what I'm saying is that those people make such routine asses out of themselves that it's almost automatic to assume that everything they say is nefarious or idiotic.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

THE POPE IS RESIGNING.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

Which person speaks the word of God if there are two Popes (one former and one current) alive? What if they disagree?

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

rocko2466 wrote:A chimpanzee is not a monkey
[High Horse] Yes it is, all apes are monkeys, Catarrhines to be precise (common name Old World Monkeys), this confusion really gripes my ass.

Primates are divided into the Haplorhines and Strepsirrhines (basically dry and wet nosed)
Haplorhines are divided into the Tarsiers and the Anthropoids/Simians (note simian = Monkey)
Simians are divided into the Catarrhines and Platyrrhines (old and new world)
The catarrhines are divided into the Cercopiths and hominoids (Old world monkeys and Apes)

Since the common ancestor of any two monkeys, is necessarily, if monkey means anything at all, a monkey.
And since anything more closely related to A than B is to A where A and B are in the same monophyletic group is ALSO part of that monophyletic group, all Apes are Monkeys.

People are monkeys, African monkeys, Old World monkeys, monkeys monkeys.

:whistle:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

New pope appeals for calm!

http://i.imgur.com/MsLlUEa.jpg

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Gumby wrote:
Zenspace wrote:
Apples wrote:
Zenspace wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 2d0d9f.png

Narcissistic assholes and their privileged, indolent, all-expenses-paid conference-attending lifestyles.
That is a telling (and a bit funny) exchange if you understand 'corporate speak'. OB, on the other hand, is just grubbing for a free trip.
Pretty fucking immature and weird to put him on the spot by doing it on twitter. One thing that makes Ophie so bizarre is that she's like a self-centered teenager in an old lady's body.
Yes, immature and a stupid game overall. One could interpret that a prior conversation had taken place with Lindsey where he implied CFI would be interested in sending her if not for other obligations on her part. Her gambit was to lever Law's interest in an effort to change Lindsey's mind and get a free international trip out of the deal. Lindsey is having none of it. The problem with a public backdoor outreach like that is the risk of a public takedown, which is what she received, albeit in polite corporate speak. Lindsey cut it off before Law had a chance to respond. A secondary problem with the method is Lindsey is likely to remember such a stupid game. The smarter move would have been a direct phoned call to Law. No email record left and more personal. The hint is that she isn't in with Law to be comfortable enough doing that, or her interpersonal skills aren't very good (never saw that coming!) or she is just lazy. None of those represent qualities you want in a high level corporate representative. :naughty:

Did I ever mention that I'm a corporate strategist?
:lol:

I think you guys are reading waaaaaaaaaay too much into this. I saw it as those people just joking around with each other.

I know the temptation is to find something awful in everything these people say or do, but let's not resort to unevidenced straining at gnats. You're trying too hard.
No worries, just having some fun building a narrative around the posts. This sort of thing really does go on in the corporate world, so you never know. More interesting was how quickly a response showed up!

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Gumby wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Caught you hoggling, Kabuki-face! :D

http://i.imgur.com/uKto08v.png

But rest assurred, o vacuous soul of the pomo skeptical movement, no rumours will get started about this. Really, you're not that important. However much you may think otherwise.
That was sort-of obvious, it was surprising to see people jumping on it here (specifically people jumping on Ophelia for joining in with their joke).
Agreed. These idiots give us so much real ammunition there's no need to conjure it up.

I'm NOT saying people here are deliberately making shit up; what I'm saying is that those people make such routine asses out of themselves that it's almost automatic to assume that everything they say is nefarious or idiotic.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Agree with that. They just seemed to be messing around as people do. When you have a crowd who know each other well 'in' jokes can easily be misread by outsiders.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

SPACKlick wrote: People are monkeys, African monkeys, Old World monkeys, monkeys monkeys.

But I's readin in mah Bible an' it says dif'rent kinds was in the Ark, so all your fancy words are just tricks to foolin' us. I ain't never seen no Darwin risin' from the dead and dyin' for our sins!

By the way, stopped by the A+ forums to see if there's been any more hilarity in the "Are the mods capricious..." topic and I see that someone posted rocko's dramatic reading video. The admin guy banned the poster saying it was a rocko sockpuppet, is that true? Thatr would be quite amusing if it was rocko posting his vids on A+.

And finally as the Pope resigns:
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... c6b936.jpg
Totally not creepy....not at all......

windy

Post by windy »

Skep tickle wrote:
So, hey, probably 2 bannings from this*, pretty efficient, wouldn't you say.

*Because you don't really think they're going to let Mr.Samsa stay, do you?
Could be more, except I think irkthepurists took the hint (1st page in that thread):
@irkthepurists: Interesting that you appear to report that you reacted positively to Novella's post (I'm not entirely sure if your post was ironic or not).
"Nice account you have here, shame if anything happened to it."

(As an aside, I wonder how many of the people who proclaim they live in "unceded so-and-so territory" also think that nationalism is an evil and that we should "eliminate all borders"?)

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Now the conspiracy theorist in me is screaming for attention. Does anyone want to bet something will come out about the Pope in the near future which would have made his position untenable and his resignation certain? I know he has been thoroughly discredited already though as former head of the Inquisition.

incognito

Post by incognito »

Michael K Gray wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:1) Woman claims Dawkins is sexist because he used the word 'histrionic'
Methinks this may be because of the incidental resemblance between 'histrionic' & 'hysterical'.
'Histrionic' is merely Latin for 'actor'. It is not sexist in any way shape nor form.

It reminds me of those fucking ignorant fuckwit cunting idiots who aver that the adjective 'niggardly' is racist, the intercoursingly ignorant bastards.
(1853)
http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr= ... 22&f=false

Not saying the word is gender specific now, but there is/was a history there.

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

My favorite time in the cycles of public life is the time when the Pope is dead and they haven't elected a new one. There's no one in the world who is infallible for those weeks. And you know, I don't miss it.
Christoper Hitchens

I love the way Darth gets to resign for his health and not for his criminal involvement in child rape, arsehole.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

I have wondered how much damage to the Atheist community these A+ clowns are doing. Here's an article which I have little disagreement with http://takimag.com/article/when_atheist ... t_locklin/. I took this link from the JREF forums so credit to Zooterkin there for linking it.

This is one reason I am against A+ and people like PZ, they are causing damage to our already brittle public image. They are attempting to undo all the good atheists have done over the years through tireless work just to promote their brand of political belief.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

masakari2012 wrote:Apparently, you can't call a woman a "woman" either, like Richard Dawkins did on twitter.
http://www.blaghag.com/2011/02/when-gen ... haped.html

"[a] young woman who finally stood up and started challenging the panel ..."

"Her question focused on the language the panel had been using - “female” instead of “woman,” and pointed out that it made us sound like livestock rather than people."

It's been going on for a while.

Here's a response to it.

and here's the same person showing the hypocrisy of Jen McCreight (even though, to be fair, she didn't write the guest post - still, she hosted it).

Someone called Johann the Cabbie wrote an extensive summary here.

Females, dude.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Here's Paul!
http://angryatheist.info/wp-content/upl ... apaule.png

In other news....I'm gonna go with Reapercussions. How could I pass up a title with reap and cuss in the title? To do so would be irresponsible of me. Thanks for all the suggestions, you people are like the family I wish I never had, *weepy eyed*

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:Don't call women girls ... http://www.lilliechilen.com/woman.html

This is the kind of crazy that makes me fear for the sanity of humankind ...
Haha

No, you shouldn't call women "girls." You should call them ladies. At least, that is the nomenclature she likes the most. :lol:

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Zenspace wrote: No worries, just having some fun building a narrative around the posts. This sort of thing really does go on in the corporate world, so you never know. More interesting was how quickly a response showed up!
That's the hilarious part ... between the tweeting and blogging, they read the 'Pit for more things to tweet and blog about. What weird lives!

:D

I plan to continue to exercise my meteorological privilege after work today, and finish prepping one of the raised beds in my backyard for planting beans and snap peas later in the week. I don't think it's going to get below freezing again here any time soon.

Apples

Post by Apples »

incognito wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:

(1853)
http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr= ... 22&f=false

Not saying the word is gender specific now, but there is/was a history there.
For hysterical, not histrionic, right?

Cupid Stunt

Post by Cupid Stunt »

Pit Anthem

[youtube] [/youtube]

You'll be singing it forever.

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

rocko2466 wrote:THE POPE IS RESIGNING.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

Which person speaks the word of God if there are two Popes (one former and one current) alive? What if they disagree?
In unrelated news. The Disney Corporation after acquiring Lucas Film has announced an open casting call for the new Senator Palpatine bio-pic.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

SPACKlick wrote:
[High Horse] Yes it is, all apes are monkeys, Catarrhines to be precise (common name Old World Monkeys), this confusion really gripes my ass.

Primates are divided into the Haplorhines and Strepsirrhines (basically dry and wet nosed)
Haplorhines are divided into the Tarsiers and the Anthropoids/Simians (note simian = Monkey)
The catarrhines are divided into the Cercopiths and hominoids (Old world monkeys and Apes)

Since the common ancestor of any two monkeys, is necessarily, if monkey means anything at all, a monkey.
And since anything more closely related to A than B is to A where A and B are in the same monophyletic group is ALSO part of that monophyletic group, all Apes are Monkeys.

But if evolution is true how come there are still......*getting my coat*

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Pitchguest wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:Apparently, you can't call a woman a "woman" either, like Richard Dawkins did on twitter.

"Her question focused on the language the panel had been using - “female” instead of “woman,” and pointed out that it made us sound like livestock rather than people."

Here's a response to it.

and here's the same person showing the hypocrisy of Jen McCreight (even though, to be fair, she didn't write the guest post - still, she hosted it).

Females, dude.
That whole drama also included complaints that a well known social experiment was done at that conference; seeing how many women vs men would accept a hypothetical million dollar bet that they could find sex with a stranger within 24 hours.

The best response to that feminist over-reaction to both "female" and the experiment, was Richard Dawkins, who called the article at Blaghag "hysterical twaddle".

Feminists like to say they are against female stereotypes, but then they go and hyper-express them, like the hysterical running to the bathroom and crying that Jen's friends did. They become hysterical at the slightest perceived slight.

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

jimthepleb wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:

But if evolution is true how come there are still......*getting my coat*
:angry-banghead: :angry-fire: :crying-yellow: :crying-green: :crying-blue: :suimouth:

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Aaaaaaand one @jenifurret to jen mcreight and my twitter is suspended again...I love it this is awesome sauce. Maybe telling her to 'enjoy your meal, meanwhile the damage continues within the movement you started' was a trifle (deliberately) provocative.
The butthurt is strong with that one. I hope she never has kids, imagine if they ever cried or pooped their pants...she'd dump them fast as you could say "irresponsible, entitled princess."

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:

Here's a response to it.

Females, dude.
That whole drama also included complaints that a well known social experiment was done at that conference; seeing how many women vs men would accept a hypothetical million dollar bet that they could find sex with a stranger within 24 hours.

The best response to that feminist over-reaction to both "female" and the experiment, was Richard Dawkins, who called the article at Blaghag "hysterical twaddle".

Feminists like to say they are against female stereotypes, but then they go and hyper-express them, like the hysterical running to the bathroom and crying that Jen's friends did. They become hysterical at the slightest perceived slight.
Any internet savvy bods know how to get a historical page of the BlagHag article linked with the comments still intact?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I forgot to mention that the original Blaghag article has since been edited as well as all the comments are now gone.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

SPACKlick wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:

Here's a response to it.

Females, dude.

Any internet savvy bods know how to get a historical page of the BlagHag article linked with the comments still intact?
Ooooohh! Good idea! Be right back....

Go to http://archive.org/web/web.php and put "http://www.blaghag.com/2011/02/when-gen ... haped.html" without the quotes, into the search box. Choose 2011 at the top, and then click on Feb 10, 11, and 26. Oh, never mind. I just looked at each of those. She had already edited shit out as well as flushed her comments down the drain by Feb 10, just 3 days after she posted the original article. She's very expedient when it comes to deleting/changing stuff.

AnonymousCowherd

Re: Pobblebonk!

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

In an idle moment, I added up the number of posts in the various topics at A+ and it came to 53,654 compared with the "total" posts figure of 68,184 i.e. a difference of 14,530 posts. I have no idea why the discrepancy - deleted posts? or maybe the Double Sekret Forum has just gone hog wild?

For comparison, our total posts was only 12 more than the individual topic total at 62,885.

I did say "idle" moment.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

incognito wrote:Oh god, I'm the worst feminist ever.

[youtube]BKA9g7Ow4VY[/youtube]

:oops:
I love to see a girl letting her hair out after being caught in A+ for so long lol

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

Scented Nectar wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:

Here's a response to it.

Females, dude.

Ooooohh! Good idea! Be right back....

Go to http://archive.org/web/web.php and put "http://www.blaghag.com/2011/02/when-gen ... haped.html" without the quotes, into the search box. Choose 2011 at the top, and then click on Feb 10, 11, and 26. Oh, never mind. I just looked at each of those. She had already edited shit out as well as flushed her comments down the drain by Feb 10, just 3 days after she posted the original article. She's very expedient when it comes to deleting/changing stuff.
You say edited the shit out of, I can't see any comments at all on there.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

SPACKlick wrote:

You're racist. Regardless of whether you're right.

(Yeah, to be fair, I googled it before saying it and came away confused so just went with it. I'm with skeptics. I'll be called out if I'm wrong lol)