Anne Robinson has no soul, and is history, thank fuck!

Old subthreads
Cunning Punt

Re: Anne Robinson has no soul, and is history, thank fuck!

Post by Cunning Punt »

rocko2466 wrote:
justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/E0uVcCW.jpg

Let's see if Melody sticks the flounce. I don't think she will. After all, she keeps engaging in discussions with the people who are 'triggering' her.
BAM!

When Sara and I marry, I'm going to have Sara give a speech at the wedding. That is all.
What do you mean, give her a speech at her own wedding? You misogynist! :P

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

karlaporter wrote:
Apples wrote:http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... r_it/P100/
Karla Porter wrote:I’m amazed at what is going on here. How does this kind of mud slinging end up on an organization’s website? Is there no communication strategy? Officers of the organization should not be permitted to respond with the type of emotional “I” first person language best reserved for personal spaces, as posted in comment #112. It’s completely unprofessional.

If visitors are posting content against the terms of use then those should be removed or perhaps even more appropriate, moderated comments would prevent a respected nonprofit organization from hosting a war on its blog.
Yep - completely unprofessional is an understatement. It's a shitshow.
What's the deal with the board of directors? Obviously their names are on the list as what, a résumé builder? The giants are asleep and have no idea what the mice are doing. If I were on a board of an organization that had such juvenile officers and behavior going on I would be calling a midnight quorum and moving chess pieces off the board. I would start with the senior official and move down until the gangrene was all cut away - I'm not kidding. I'm on several boards and I cannot even imagine something like this being tolerated in any of the organizations I work with. :o
I refer you back to my previous statements about Melody being a symptom, not the disease. You know the saying "a fish rots from the head down"?

Well, Melody is not the head.

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

AndrewV69 wrote:
karlaporter wrote:
Apples wrote:http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... r_it/P100/
Karla Porter wrote:I’m amazed at what is going on here. How does this kind of mud slinging end up on an organization’s website? Is there no communication strategy? Officers of the organization should not be permitted to respond with the type of emotional “I” first person language best reserved for personal spaces, as posted in comment #112. It’s completely unprofessional.

If visitors are posting content against the terms of use then those should be removed or perhaps even more appropriate, moderated comments would prevent a respected nonprofit organization from hosting a war on its blog.
Yep - completely unprofessional is an understatement. It's a shitshow.
What's the deal with the board of directors? Obviously their names are on the list as what, a résumé builder? The giants are asleep and have no idea what the mice are doing. If I were on a board of an organization that had such juvenile officers and behavior going on I would be calling a midnight quorum and moving chess pieces off the board. I would start with the senior official and move down until the gangrene was all cut away - I'm not kidding. I'm on several boards and I cannot even imagine something like this being tolerated in any of the organizations I work with. :o
I refer you back to my previous statements about Melody being a symptom, not the disease. You know the saying "a fish rots from the head down"?

Well, Melody is not the head.
I indeed understand she is not...................

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

karlaporter wrote:Yah... That was the era if you thought pills could help you.
When I was having my anxiety issues, the approach my doc took towards my sleep were all behavioral, not pills. One of the main ones was "TURN OFF THE FUCKING INTERNET", and my issues had nothing to do with internet drama, its just common sense (we all know how you can get caught up dicking around on the internet all night for nothing).

On the other hand, its possible she has narcolepsy. I have a friend with narcolepsy. They have to take drugs that help them sleep and stay awake at appropriate times, and it was frustrating trying to get the meds worked out. When they broadcast this frustration over Facebook, they made it clear that it was for narcolepsy, though. They didnt withhold information to imply that others were to blame their physiological disorder.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

karlaporter wrote: What's the deal with the board of directors? Obviously their names are on the list as what, a résumé builder? The giants are asleep and have no idea what the mice are doing. If I were on a board of an organization that had such juvenile officers and behavior going on I would be calling a midnight quorum and moving chess pieces off the board. I would start with the senior official and move down until the gangrene was all cut away - I'm not kidding. I'm on several boards and I cannot even imagine something like this being tolerated in any of the organizations I work with. :o
No lie, Karla. I have seen behaviour of this sort before in small, volunteer organizations (a horse breeding society being one of the most recent), but in a nationally prominent org with a real budget? Crazy!

I work for a company where people have to take a three day training course, and pass a (hostile) test before they're allowed to post on Twitter or Tardbook. People outside really do take these pronouncements as being representative of the company because, you know what? They ARE.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ERV wrote:[youtube]13olfeD026g[/youtube]
“When denial is the best alternative” [@1:53] “Cognitive dissonance”, indeed.

Although to be fair to Melody, and not to suggest the amount of stress is objectively the same in both cases, but did you not say something to the effect that you had lost a bunch of weight when you had that stalker in your life? Fortunately or not, it seems the effects of stress seem to be quite relative – what can knock one person out is only a blip on the radar to someone else. Reminds me of the scene in the movie Patton where he berated a bunch of GIs for suffering from shell-shock ….

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

I would never dream of giving out medical issues I may have on the internet. Never. I can understand it if I'm podcasting or semi-retiring from that (like Al) So much attention grabbing.

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

ERV wrote:
When I was having my anxiety issues, the approach my doc took towards my sleep were all behavioral, not pills. One of the main ones was "TURN OFF THE FUCKING INTERNET", and my issues had nothing to do with internet drama, its just common sense (we all know how you can get caught up dicking around on the internet all night for nothing).

On the other hand, its possible she has narcolepsy. I have a friend with narcolepsy. They have to take drugs that help them sleep and stay awake at appropriate times, and it was frustrating trying to get the meds worked out. When they broadcast this frustration over Facebook, they made it clear that it was for narcolepsy, though. They didnt withhold information to imply that others were to blame their physiological disorder.
There are perfectly valid reasons for medication. However there are not perfectly valid reasons to state your personal health conditions and suffering on a corporate blog.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Thanks Candyguitar90. I was just editing our wiki to find that you beat me to the Ben Radford entry. When I hit "publish", it showed your edits instead of mine. I was lucky that the wiki remembered what I typed, and I merged some of it in.
http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Witch ... 17.2C_2013

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

What a complete clusterfuck that comment thread is.

Pitchguest, you've posted at least 30 times in 150+ total comments. Why do you do it?

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

Lsuoma wrote:
karlaporter wrote: What's the deal with the board of directors? Obviously their names are on the list as what, a résumé builder? The giants are asleep and have no idea what the mice are doing. If I were on a board of an organization that had such juvenile officers and behavior going on I would be calling a midnight quorum and moving chess pieces off the board. I would start with the senior official and move down until the gangrene was all cut away - I'm not kidding. I'm on several boards and I cannot even imagine something like this being tolerated in any of the organizations I work with. :o
No lie, Karla. I have seen behaviour of this sort before in small, volunteer organizations (a horse breeding society being one of the most recent), but in a nationally prominent org with a real budget? Crazy!

I work for a company where people have to take a three day training course, and pass a (hostile) test before they're allowed to post on Twitter or Tardbook. People outside really do take these pronouncements as being representative of the company because, you know what? They ARE.
Yes, they are...

I manage the communication strategy of several nonprofits, have helped establish communication and HR policy for profit and nonprofit entities, conducted employee training and administered corrective action and terminations for just this sort of thing. I'm waiting for the sleeping giants to awaken. If they don't the whole shebang loses credibility and looks foolish - to include the executive leadership and board of directors. It's a nightmare really if it is taken with the seriousness it truly merits.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/l6vRFbl.jpg

Nugget of wisdom from EllenBeth
Yeah, what's up with your post Vacula? Next thing you know you'll be making up petitions to have people removed from their post...

Oh.

Nevermind.

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

Submariner wrote:

Yeah, what's up with your post Vacula? Next thing you know you'll be making up petitions to have people removed from their post...

Oh.

Nevermind.
Novel concept.........

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

ERV wrote:
Apples wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Melody Hensley Melody Hensley ‏@MelodyHensley

@SpokesGay @blotzphoto Simon is running CFI event. He is coming home now to take me.
https://twitter.com/MelodyHensley/statu ... 8980950016

In previous tweets, Melody has complained of feeling ill and not being able to sleep...
Excuse me, but I'm off to buy some Haagen Dazs stock.
Dang.... the ER? I've known people like her - always on the edge of a crisis. Sounds like Simon took her to the hospital, but she wasn't happy with the pharmaceutical offerings. I only know this ... because she fucking TWEETED about it.

" I wanted them to give me a shot to make me pass out."

Its called heroin.

It sounds like the drug you are looking for is called heroin, Melody.

They dont have that in the ER, but Im sure you can find it in DC.
"I've been awake three days straight with 0 sleep. I've taken every pill I can think of and it doesn't work. What should I do?"

Well, if you want to sleep, stop taking every pill you can think of and only the ones that would make you sleep.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Gumby wrote:Aw, Lsuoma and I have a fan!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 692ec2.jpg

So EllenBeth, did you find any examples of actual misogyny, and not just examples of contempt for an individual?

Oh, right, you and your poisonous ilk make up whatever definitions you want, in order to more easily advance your weaselly agenda. The actual definition of "misogyny" means nothing, right? Silly dictionaries.
lol that wasn't Photoshop. My guess was Paint. Photoshop implies quality and effort.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

karlaporter wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Yes, they are...

I manage the communication strategy of several nonprofits, have helped establish communication and HR policy for profit and nonprofit entities, conducted employee training and administered corrective action and terminations for just this sort of thing. I'm waiting for the sleeping giants to awaken. If they don't the whole shebang loses credibility and looks foolish - to include the executive leadership and board of directors. It's a nightmare really if it is taken with the seriousness it truly merits.
Did you perchance see Ronald Lindsay’s Request for Input last month? It was quite interesting that he explicitly referred to the problematic issue of feminism:
As you are aware, there are some stark differences of opinion within the movement about the appropriate understanding of feminism and how feminism (however defined) should influence the practices and mission of secular organizations. How do you think these differences can best be narrowed or resolved?
Maybe Ben Radford was selected to test the waters?

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Jack wrote:I would never dream of giving out medical issues I may have on the internet. Never. I can understand it if I'm podcasting or semi-retiring from that (like Al) So much attention grabbing.
It may be cynical of me but I think she mentions it so:

1. she can continue to demonise her dissenters. HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE ME, I'M AN ILL WOMAN!

2. she can lure someone who she annoys the fuck out of to post some inappropriate joke about it being a good thing (or something) to continue the professional victim attention-grabbing.

To be honest, I think she is unhinged and she may not actually be a cynical professional victim (like RW) but really think each disagreement is a horrible attack on her personality. She strikes me as someone who - even though her claims that the contact is harassment are ridiculous - has internalized them so much she has started believing them and now has some sort of seige mentality going on.

For her health (and yes, the health of CFI) she should step down from CFI. It can't be good for her to continue to be a public figure in her work and then take any criticism of her as a vicious, personal attack from the misogynispiracy.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 692ec2.jpg

OK, since some people who want to police language read this forum and take offense at the usage of words, let me spell it out: The fact that we have a user named "cunt" does not offend me and it seems to be of little consequence to the other women on this board. It's just a word, and like all words their power of offense lies in a combination of the context in which it's used and the chosen reaction of the person who hears or reads it. If Ophelia wants to be offended at someone calling her a cunt that's perfectly fine, but that does not equal misogyny, because Ophelia does not represent all of womankind. I know, what a shock amirite?

As for the Palin pic, I'm sorry, but funny photoshops of famous people involving crude sexual innuendo is just part of the internet culture. It's no different on that Palin pic than the photo my brother posted online awhile back of R&B singer Chris Brown's microphone suggestively replaced with a photoshopped penis. If someone tried to say that the Chris Brown Photoshop was misandry, I'd probably just laugh and roll my eyes, just the same as the claims of misogyny if a famous woman celebrity receives the same treatment.

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

Steersman wrote:
karlaporter wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Yes, they are...

Did you perchance see Ronald Lindsay’s Request for Input last month? It was quite interesting that he explicitly referred to the problematic issue of feminism:
As you are aware, there are some stark differences of opinion within the movement about the appropriate understanding of feminism and how feminism (however defined) should influence the practices and mission of secular organizations. How do you think these differences can best be narrowed or resolved?
Maybe Ben Radford was selected to test the waters?
I called that Ron Lindsay 'raking the sandbox' in extreme passive leadership. That was like Santa asking children to write letters about what they would like for Christmas and then going on a vacation to the Bahamas on December 24th. If you ask for feedback as a leader, you have to be prepared to act on it.That means you have to build the workshops to make the toys the kids asked for and deliver - or lose credibility.

If Ben was chosen to test the waters beware, they are contaminated.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

karlaporter wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Yes, they are...

I totally agree with all your points, this is why I am stunned Melody still has a job. Even if she was absolutely and factually correct on all her points (and that is far from established), her conduct brings the CFI into terrible disrepute. A disclaimer of "I do not speak for my employer" is in this case completely worthless as it is within the same field, let alone in this case on their own website criticising one of their employees.

However, I recollect her boss is firmly with her on this ... I may be incorrect about that but I recollect reading his views somewhere ... can't recollect his name or where I read it though.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rocko2466 wrote:
"I've been awake three days straight with 0 sleep. I've taken every pill I can think of and it doesn't work. What should I do?"

Well, if you want to sleep, stop taking every pill you can think of and only the ones that would make you sleep.
Benzedrine, Mescaline,
Pot and LSD, I need apomorphine.
Hallucination Horrors is what I got.

Strong caffeine, heroin
A whole stash o' hash, I need apomorphine

or

I don't have a bedtime, I don't need to cum
For I have become an amphetamine bum.
If you don't like sleeping and don't want to screw
The you should take lots of amphetamine too.

These stimulant games can make life so sweet,
I can walk down the street without moving my feet.
My brain works so fleet I can outwit the heat,
And I never feel beat and I don't need to eat.

I'm always excited I, just love to walk,
My jaws just keep moving and churning out talk.
I love to draw pictures in layers and layers
And say the words backwards when I say my prayers.

With nine bouncing people in one little room
The vectors are threading, eternities loom.
"It's not bad for brain cells," the doctors proclaim,
"It's almost as safe as that good old cocaine."

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:
karlaporter wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Yes, they are...

I totally agree with all your points, this is why I am stunned Melody still has a job. Even if she was absolutely and factually correct on all her points (and that is far from established), her conduct brings the CFI into terrible disrepute. A disclaimer of "I do not speak for my employer" is in this case completely worthless as it is within the same field, let alone in this case on their own website criticising one of their employees.

However, I recollect her boss is firmly with her on this ... I may be incorrect about that but I recollect reading his views somewhere ... can't recollect his name or where I read it though.
Well if he is, and let's face it, he must be unless he has lost his senses and doesn't know what is going on - he needs professional executive coaching if the board is nice, and there is clearly now reason to support dismissal if the board is not so nice but cares very deeply about the integrity of the organization..

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

karlaporter wrote: Well if he is, and let's face it, he must be unless he has lost his senses and doesn't know what is going on - he needs professional executive coaching if the board is nice, and there is clearly now reason to support dismissal if the board is not so nice but cares very deeply about the integrity of the organization..
I think caring might not be a problem, and even if it is, it's not the main problem. One might call the competence of the board into question. This has the smell of negligence or incompetence, given that this is not an isolated incident.

comslave

Post by comslave »

Dan wrote:I thought I'd leave a balancing photo for Ellen Beth

http://i.imgur.com/Ep3AXSw.jpg
Three invisible cunts
four.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

comslave wrote:
Dan wrote:I thought I'd leave a balancing photo for Ellen Beth

http://i.imgur.com/Ep3AXSw.jpg
Three invisible cunts
four.
And one visible...

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

Lsuoma wrote:
karlaporter wrote: Well if he is, and let's face it, he must be unless he has lost his senses and doesn't know what is going on - he needs professional executive coaching if the board is nice, and there is clearly now reason to support dismissal if the board is not so nice but cares very deeply about the integrity of the organization..
I think caring might not be a problem, and even if it is, it's not the main problem. One might call the competence of the board into question. This has the smell of negligence or incompetence, given that this is not an isolated incident.
What a waste if all the people on the board are incompetent too.. They should all be on a conference call at this very moment with a damage control consultant.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

karlaporter wrote:
Submariner wrote:
<snip>
Novel concept.........
PZ has been using that idea for some time: "Four legs good; two legs bad". As Andrew noted, fish, apparently, rots from the head down:
PZ Myers wrote:400.
22 December 2012 at 8:16 am (UTC -6) Link to this comment

Skeptixx: Slymepitters are never welcome here — your gang crosses the line from sexism into outright misogyny, and I don’t think that group’s fondness for inventing ‘creative’ versions of people’s names using crude slang for genitals counts as rational discussion. Banned with extreme prejudice.
In response to:
skeptixx wrote:340.

22 December 2012 at 2:03 am (UTC -6) Link to this comment
Gosh, I do apologize. I was thinking that skeptical inquiry was valued here.

Okay, since others tried to throw the Facebook quotes back at me, what about them?

There is no reason to believe that the Facebook quotes are arguing against the definition of feminism that PZ gave near the end of his opening post. Yet he implies to his readers that they are. Hmm, what’s that called?

The first of those quotes gives, as the definition its author is using as “true feminism”, essentially the same definition that PZ gives later.

Others in that list of Facebook quotes objected to certain types or subsets of everything that gets called by that same name, “feminism”. (Please do let me know if you’d like me to quote those quotes and put the relevant words in bold or something.)

PZ giving his definition of “feminism” as “equality for men and women and opposition to cultural institutions that perpetuate inequities” well after he starts criticizing “anti-feminists” on the basis of their beefs with specific types or subsets of feminism is poor form. It leaves the impression that anyone who says anything negative about “feminism”, even if they qualify the specific form or subset they may be referring to, is “anti-feminist”. Shifting the goalposts, false dichotomy, broad brush, yadda yadda.
I mean, I mean! Misogyny! Amirite? Sheesh ….

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

karlaporter wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
What a waste if all the people on the board are incompetent too.. They should all be on a conference call at this very moment with a damage control consultant.

It may not be incompetence, it may be fear of reprisals, a decision to allow all factions to speak, or it may be full agreement.

Fear of reprisals can paralyse weak organisations. And they are no doubt aware the reprisals they would get from FtB/Skepchicks would like the whole CFI to a misogynist hate group for any action against Melody

A decision to allow all factions to speak is usually dressed as a desire to promote open speech and ensure balance, but on some issues and situations, balance is not the right approach. Organisations to maintain integrity have to hold a strong position.

And, it is possible the board is in full agreement with Melody's line, that most men are rapists, women in atheism are under dire threat and persecution, and that the CFI needs to stand up for them

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lsuoma wrote:There has never, ever been any misogyny demonstrated at the Pit. As you say, Gumbers, contempt for individuals: plenty of that due to the contemptible behaviour of so many of the Baboollies, FC(n), SkepSchticks, and CFisters, but misogyny? Nope, not here...
Not at this "pyt", but David Wossisname briefly exhibited the trait of misogyny at ERV's "pit" until he threw in the towel against adult reality.
(I think there was another bloke as well.)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

ERV wrote:
Merely being in front of a bright computer screen (with lots of blue in the RGB spectrum) can upset one's circadian rhythm, and make one's bonce assume that it hasn't even turned dusk yet. Being on the 'net, playing offline games, doing one's tax return in Excel. Just as bad as each other as far as slumber is concerned!
A problem that I can see happening more often as harsh white LED house lighting replaces "warm" incandescent lamps.
Fluorescent strip lighting is bad for sleep for the same reason. Emulates day-light too effectively.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:There has never, ever been any misogyny demonstrated at the Pit. As you say, Gumbers, contempt for individuals: plenty of that due to the contemptible behaviour of so many of the Baboollies, FC(n), SkepSchticks, and CFisters, but misogyny? Nope, not here...
Not at this "pyt", but David Wossisname briefly exhibited the trait of misogyny at ERV's "pit" until he threw in the towel against adult reality.
(I think there was another bloke as well.)
I seem to remember that too, but if I remember correctly there was no tolerance of the idiocy...

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

karlaporter wrote:If they don't the whole shebang loses credibility and looks foolish - to include the executive leadership and board of directors. It's a nightmare really if it is taken with the seriousness it truly merits.
Too late for that.
CFI looked foolish, and lost all credibility years ago, with the putsch.
Since then, it has gone downhill, and now have significantly NEGATIVE credibility.
It has sunk beyond hope, and tainted the once "go to" name for Skepticism solely about bigfoot, ghosts, aliens and other very soft targets, (never against faiths like religion, or gender-feminism, or politics, etc).
CFI started out as a lightweight organisation, targeting truly easy myths.
They are now reaping the rewards of being feeble wimps against ideology in the name of Paul Kurtz' "politeness" schtick.
Ideology is not polite. It has swallowed them and is spitting out the bones.

CFI is dead as a skeptical institution. Has been in the grave for some time. Melody is but one of the parasites gorging in its rotting entrails.

CFI=RIP

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

rocko2466 wrote:lol that wasn't Photoshop. My guess was Paint. Photoshop implies quality and effort.
MS Paint is for images, as Comic Sans is for text.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Michael K Gray wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:lol that wasn't Photoshop. My guess was Paint. Photoshop implies quality and effort.
It was PSP 7.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lsuoma wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
It was PSP 7.
You are excused, then.
I have the 64bit version of Photoshop CS6, yet still choose to use PSP for simple stuff. Far more intuitive.
Adobe menus are an illogical nightmare to get to grips with.
Fuck 'em into the ground.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

ERV wrote:
Apples wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

@SpokesGay @blotzphoto Simon is running CFI event. He is coming home now to take me.

In previous tweets, Melody has complained of feeling ill and not being able to sleep...
Dang.... the ER? I've known people like her - always on the edge of a crisis. Sounds like Simon took her to the hospital, but she wasn't happy with the pharmaceutical offerings. I only know this ... because she fucking TWEETED about it.

Its called heroin.

"If I don't go to sleep tonight I'm going to go crazy."
Yeah, lack of sleep is the problem here, clearly.

Yup.

Nothing else amiss between Melody's ears.

Juuuuuust lack of sleep.

Everybody move along.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Some asshat is attempting to dox people. It started with A+ members and because I said it was not a good thing, the idiot is trying to dox me: https://twitter.com/IbecameCompton

First of all, I don't hide my information (at least not overly much) because I learned a long time ago that if someone really wants to find out my information, they can. Secondly, it seems IBecameCompton really sux at doxxing so I'm not overly worried. However, other people are. What sort of asshole thinks this is ok?
It would be good if you reported them as you need to be someone they targeted to get them shut down/personal information removed.

I hate doxxers, it's fucked up behavior.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I have some experience in the kind of kerfuffle Melody is engaging it. I'm a leetle amazed that she can get away with it - but maybe there's a benefit to her behaving this way to the organisation? I can't quite see what it would be but perhaps it's supporting the women-friendly messaging or something... yes, I'm reaching, but I can't work out why it would be allowed to continue if there wasn't some rational explanation.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Boy Ben's post is pretty excellent.

Dr Hale steps in at post #147 to comment on Hensley's "misinformation".

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

rayshul wrote:I have some experience in the kind of kerfuffle Melody is engaging it. I'm a leetle amazed that she can get away with it - but maybe there's a benefit to her behaving this way to the organisation? I can't quite see what it would be but perhaps it's supporting the women-friendly messaging or something... yes, I'm reaching, but I can't work out why it would be allowed to continue if there wasn't some rational explanation.
Elevatorgate reports that she is married to Simon Davis, treasurer of the Center for Inquiry’s Washington DC Chapter (CFI-DC).
Benefit from Painting one's-self as a victim of males?
Pity Points on the Femocreditcard reward scam?
Incestuous?
"Nepotism"?
Conflict of Interest?

No "reaching" required, unless it is the gastric variety.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Michael K Gray wrote:
rayshul wrote:I have some experience in the kind of kerfuffle Melody is engaging it. I'm a leetle amazed that she can get away with it - but maybe there's a benefit to her behaving this way to the organisation? I can't quite see what it would be but perhaps it's supporting the women-friendly messaging or something... yes, I'm reaching, but I can't work out why it would be allowed to continue if there wasn't some rational explanation.
Elevatorgate reports that she is married to Simon Davis, treasurer of the Center for Inquiry’s Washington DC Chapter (CFI-DC).
Benefit from Painting one's-self as a victim of males?
Pity Points on the Femocreditcard reward scam?
Incestuous?
"Nepotism"?
Conflict of Interest?

No "reaching" required, unless it is the gastric variety.
Oh dear, CFI.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

karlaporter wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
karlaporter wrote:Well if he is, and let's face it, he must be unless he has lost his senses and doesn't know what is going on - he needs professional executive coaching if the board is nice, and there is clearly now reason to support dismissal if the board is not so nice but cares very deeply about the integrity of the organization..
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/about/c ... governance
Board of Directors

R. Elisabeth Cornwell
Arlington, VA
Evolutionary psychologist

Kendrick Frazier
Albuquerque, NM
Journalist

Barry Kosmin
Hartford, CT
Educator

Richard Schroeder
Amherst, NY
Financial Advisor

Eddie Tabash (Chair, Board of Directors)
Beverly Hills, CA
Attorney

Jonathan Tobert
Warren, NJ
Scientist, Medical Researcher

Leonard Tramiel
Palo Alto, CA
Scientist, Educator

Judith Walker
Denver, CO
Attorney (Retired), Educator

Members of the board of directors can be contacted via regular mail, addressed to:

Center for Inquiry
PO Box 741
Amherst, NY 14226-0741

Email correspondence can be sent to the Corporate Secretary, Tom Flynn, at tflynn@centerforinquiry.net.
I just did a quite search on each of them. Maybe they're ineffectual; as mostly older male skeptics, they don't look like a group that'd be in favor of the feminism-consuming-secularism thing. Elisabeth Cornwell might be the most likely to support it; she spoke at WiS last year and is on the slate again this year. But the comment of hers below, from WiS last year, reported by this blog post http://boldquestions.wordpress.com/tag/feminism/, doesn't have that flavor:
There was an afternoon panel called “Why Women Need Freedom From Religion”, and the panelists were Greta Christina, Wafa Sultan, Annie Laurie Gaylor, and R. Elisabeth Cornwell. One of the points they started out with was the fact that women do seem to be more religious than men. Statistics show that, in the US, among those people who identify as having no religious preference, the gender ratio for male/female is 60/40. Further, among those identifying as “atheist” the situation is worse, with the male-female ratio at 70/30. So the natural follow-up question is “why are women more religious than men?”. There was some good discussion on it, and one of the points that Elisabeth Cornwell made is that a woman must consider the costs of staying in a religion versus the benefits of staying. So in answer to the question, “So what are the benefits women get from staying in religion?” Annie Laurie Gaylor immediately suggested “not getting killed”.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

(duh, I did a "quick" search, not a "quite" search)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Skep tickle wrote:(duh, I did a "quick" search, not a "quite" search)
As I alluded earlier, their schtick has been to go for soft targets who are unlikely to retaliate, and milk that for all it is worth.
I mean, how many times can one debunk ghost hauntings without it becoming lame? (Answer: 2).
Fuck me, if Joe Nickell…
CFI's senior research fellow and an all-around swell guy" (Amy Frushour Kelly, Secularism Online News, July 2010).
…hasn't made a handsome, lazy, well-travelled career out endlessly "debunking" the already de-bunked, then I am a dutchman's brother-in-law.

Money for old rope.
And he was sucking pap at the teat of the CFI-cow decades before Hensley had even had her first nascent thought.
(Before Watson was even born, possibly.)

The CFI stunk to high heaven from the day it was incorporated.
I have no real idea as to why any normal person would garner a higher impression than that of dismay, (apart from pity), for such tiring dweebs.

Nope. CFI has always been well below par.

Michael K Gray

Joe Nickell, CFI non-parasite

Post by Michael K Gray »

Oh, and some links as an addendum:
http://www.joenickell.com/books.html
31 "real" books
14 "small press" books
37 "co-authored" books
========
Σ=82¹ bloody books!

ALL on the the same fucking easy topic!
Every single one of them relentlessly asking "Why?", like a Leonard Nimoy robot hosting another "Unsolved Mysteries" bit of schlock for the mentally bereft.
And NEVER coming to a definitive conclusion, for that would dry up his parasitic stream-o-cash.
Never confronting any real challenges, with the excuse that such would be impolite.
The Pope? He's OK! Massive fraud through conning folk about a non-existent Sky-Daddy?
Not CFI's patch.
One-toothed Betty-Mae in Arkansas who reckons she mighta heard a shadow of one of them there monsters what looked a bit like her crippled hound dog?
Deserves an hour-long show.
And 55 books.

CFI have ALWAYS been like this from the start!

Why the fuck is anyone stunned that Hensley is welcomed to the fold?
A new cash-churning fact-free no-answers parasite.
The very reason that CFI was incorporated.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Cunning Punt wrote:What a complete clusterfuck that comment thread is.

Pitchguest, you've posted at least 30 times in 150+ total comments. Why do you do it?
Bunch of good comments from several people there, including several 'pitters.

Cunning Punt, do you and Cupid Stunt ever feel left out when people wail about how there's *gasp* one member at the 'Pit whose 'nym is Cunt? I must admit enjoying seeing the not-actual-subtlety whiz right over their heads.

Skep tickle

Re: Joe Nickell, CFI non-parasite

Post by Skep tickle »

Michael K Gray wrote:...Deserves an hour-long show.
And 55 books.

The very reason that CFI was incorporated. ...
But at this rate CFI's going to tank. You'd think even if their BoD and CEO were just focused on the money they'd be reacting to the public mess.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

ERV wrote:
Apples wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Its called heroin.

Sounds like she's incredibly anxious right now; she tweeted about being under stress, and wrote (was it in the comments to Ben Radford's post) that she was putting on WiS solo. (Hard to imagine there's not at least an administrative assistant or two helping with that.) And has appeared glued to the internet, tweeting & posting & claiming to be harassed by people responding to her (& even sometimes by people who were no longer responding to her).

Then she goes & tweets about how she has a medicine cabinet full of pills at home, she's taking "percs not valium" (to EllenBeth's suggestion of Valium & a warm bath), and she had Simon take her to the ER because "I wanted them to give me a shot to make me pass out" but they wouldn't. Presumably she was referring to a benzodiazepine (like Valium). Hey, at least she didn't refer (in public, at least) to the ER physician, whatever gender that person was, as a misogynist who was harassing her.

Showing up in the ER expecting to be given a narcotic or benzodiazepine is call "drug seeking". ERs see alot of this & they do not think highly of it, particularly when the person already has an armamentarium of meds at home.

Anyone want to bet on whether WiS2 will be canceled?

Michael K Gray

Re: Joe Nickell, CFI non-parasite

Post by Michael K Gray »

Skep tickle wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:...Deserves an hour-long show.
And 55 books.

The very reason that CFI was incorporated. ...
But at this rate CFI's going to tank. You'd think even if their BoD and CEO were just focused on the money they'd be reacting to the public mess.
Nah.
They have been mired in this vapid vaudeville act since before inception.
They have dug themselves a hole a googolplex miles deep, so deep that they hired the unctuous accommodationist-can't-we-all-get-along Christ Money (sorry: Chris Mooney) to host their podcasts, that they cannot scrabble out even with a Stannah stair-lift!
Nor crampons and pitons.

Their concern is not whether they "tank" in the financial sense. That is a side-issue.
They should care that their personal parasitic income is not impacted. And it won't be.

The oleaginous Christ Money is an accommodationist-extraordinaire Templeton¹ Fellow, no less, and beloved of PZ for no better reason that the truly obsequious Reverend Mooney was rightly criticised by our very own Abbie Smith!

That was in 2010.
He has had a smooth passage since then.
(Probably all the brown-noses reaming him out.)

Here endeth the lesson. Read from The Book(s) of CFI, Genesis 11:3
And they said one to another, Go to, let us make prick, and burn them witches throughly.
And they had prick for the stoned in ER, and slyme had they for mortification.
(Rather loose translation. But NO more loose than the cunts who who invented the Old Testament.)

Michael K Gray

The Song Is Ended (But The Melody Lingers On)

Post by Michael K Gray »

Skep tickle wrote:Anyone want to bet on whether WiS2 will be canceled?
Yep.
I hereby offer you a US$50 wager that it will not.
Taken?

welch

Post by welch »

Skep tickle wrote:
ERV wrote:
Apples wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Its called heroin.

Sounds like she's incredibly anxious right now; she tweeted about being under stress, and wrote (was it in the comments to Ben Radford's post) that she was putting on WiS solo. (Hard to imagine there's not at least an administrative assistant or two helping with that.) And has appeared glued to the internet, tweeting & posting & claiming to be harassed by people responding to her (& even sometimes by people who were no longer responding to her).

Then she goes & tweets about how she has a medicine cabinet full of pills at home, she's taking "percs not valium" (to EllenBeth's suggestion of Valium & a warm bath), and she had Simon take her to the ER because "I wanted them to give me a shot to make me pass out" but they wouldn't. Presumably she was referring to a benzodiazepine (like Valium). Hey, at least she didn't refer (in public, at least) to the ER physician, whatever gender that person was, as a misogynist who was harassing her.

Showing up in the ER expecting to be given a narcotic or benzodiazepine is call "drug seeking". ERs see alot of this & they do not think highly of it, particularly when the person already has an armamentarium of meds at home.

Anyone want to bet on whether WiS2 will be canceled?
She most certainly is not putting that conference on solo.

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Those "Feminist Theory" definitions are very telling. From that wikipedia page and from reading the responses on Radford's post it does seem to me that the primary tactic of 3rd rate feminism is an appeal to emotion.

masakari2012

Re: The Song Is Ended (But The Melody Lingers On)

Post by masakari2012 »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Yep.
Taken?
That's 0.25 Fluevog.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Skep tickle wrote:
Cunning Punt, do you and Cupid Stunt ever feel left out when people wail about how there's *gasp* one member at the 'Pit whose 'nym is Cunt? I must admit enjoying seeing the not-actual-subtlety whiz right over their heads.
If those names are misogynist, is MY name evidence of misandry?

Oh wait, according to Svan, calling someone a 'dick' is just "an informal salutation" :hand:

Skep tickle

Re: The Song Is Ended (But The Melody Lingers On)

Post by Skep tickle »

masakari2012 wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Yep.
Taken?
That's 0.25 Fluevog.
Well, shit - what I am going to do with 0.25 of a Fluevog?

MKG, it's a full pair of Fluevogs or nothing. :naughty:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
If those names are misogynist, is MY name evidence of misandry?

Oh wait, according to Svan, calling someone a 'dick' is just "an informal salutation" :hand:
No, no. Calling someone "Dick" when the name they go by is Richard is just an informal salutation, but calling anyone else "a dick" is an egregious crime.

Just like calling someone by the name they have chosen to go by, "Cunt", is...um....well, it must be egregious somehow. :?

Michael K Gray

Re: The Song Is Ended (But The Malady Lingers On)

Post by Michael K Gray »

masakari2012 wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Yep.
Taken?
That's 0.25 Fluevog.
Sorry.
I have yet to get used to the new international SI unit of privilege-exchange.
Gimme time.
At the moment I am struggling with the milli-Hensley. The unit for shameful & pointedly thoughtless misandronism.
I dread the day that I am going to have to comprehend the mega-Watson.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

welch wrote:She most certainly is not putting that conference on solo.
Yeahhhhh I wouldn't buy that either. Maybe managing it solo?

Is Hensley trying to make it sound like the 'pit is driving her to a breakdown? Good grief.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Dick Strawkins wrote: img http://i.imgur.com/qRpb7wq.jpg /img
Nice! Particularly given the timing.

And, hello to the 42 guests.