Anne Robinson has no soul, and is history, thank fuck!

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Anne Robinson has no soul, and is history, thank fuck!

Post by Lsuoma »

EdwardGemmer wrote:
Gumby wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:I mentioned this on Twitter the other day and I'm actually quite serious. I have a server with oodles of space (plus the ability to upgrade easily). Many of us are tired of FTB, Skepchicks, A+ and the like. I'd be more than happy to set up and run a blog conglomerate if enough people were interested. I'm fairly adept in SEO, server admin, and many other areas within running such things. If I find at least 10 people are interested, I'll look into setting things up.
I blogged for years about many things including science (layman's level but still), religion, allsorts of crap. Count me as a volunteer.
Let's do it!
Can I help? I want to bet lots of kudos, but I'm usually too busy scratching my balls, taking a dump, or cracking one out to do any actual blogging - I can be the reGreta equivalent.

Other qualifications? I spent $120 a few years ago for some trail shoes to go hiking in Yellowstone, where, incidentally, and totally at random, I ran into Thunderf00t at the Upper Falls viewpoint in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone:

http://slymepit.com/staticimgs/tf00t.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lsuoma wrote:
Other qualifications? I spent $120 a few years ago for some trail shoes to go hiking in Yellowstone, where, incidentally, and totally at random, I ran into Thunderf00t at the Upper Falls viewpoint in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone:
I've never met the Islamaphobic misogynist cyberhacker, but I'd still love to be on the 'Pit network. PM is better for me than email if you'd like to contact me.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Badger3k wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Dan wrote:Harriet Hall has a new post up http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... -tempests/
From Dr. Col. Hall's blog:
“Please try to understand that ‘I like to do it my way’ does not equate to ‘I’m accusing you of being wrong for doing it your way.’” If I say I prefer to cook my chicken by stir-frying, that doesn’t mean I think you are wrong to roast yours, and I’m certainly not trying to tell you that you should switch to stir-frying. I can appreciate that both cooking methods can produce delicious meals.
Oh no, I can almost feel the angry vegan de-railers licking their chops at this obvious carnivore-centric sleight to the herbivorous QUILTBAGS in the aethosphere.

There's already some, er, interesting comments. I did find the pretentious fluff trying to get people to use QUILTBAG as the new magic talisman of power pretty funny (that assumes I read correctly - it was a bit tl:dr to me so I skimmed). Object to queer, but want to be called as something used to haul quilts around - isn't that the definition of "objectifying"?
I despise QUIILTBAG. Also the QU in QUILTBAG represents queer. Wasn't that the word that caused all the kerfuffle?
Incidentally, when I was a young homo I used the word queer because I had heard that lesbians felt left out when you used the word gay, but I received so much blow back when i used it that I switched back to using gay and I no longer care if lesbians feel left out.

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

Never let anyone tell you ball scratching is a worthless endeavor.

Post by Guest »

[quote="Lsuoma"][/quote]

(Lapsang Souchong posting as guest)

I remember running across that clip too. Prior to that, I don't think I'd ever heard of Galloway. I have to say that I really enjoyed it too, listening to him rip the senator a new one in an angry Scottish accent. Did Hitchens and Galloway pretty much hate each other? I seem to remember seeing both of them on a clip from the Bill Maher show and I got the impression of it being rather an awkward moment.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
(Lapsang Souchong posting as guest)

I remember running across that clip too. Prior to that, I don't think I'd ever heard of Galloway. I have to say that I really enjoyed it too, listening to him rip the senator a new one in an angry Scottish accent. Did Hitchens and Galloway pretty much hate each other? I seem to remember seeing both of them on a clip from the Bill Maher show and I got the impression of it being rather an awkward moment.
Galloway get F'd in the A by the Hitch.

[youtube]d2JVKeOExEE[/youtube]

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Dropping another one:

[youtube]jMWM1SXOGps[/youtube]

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Submariner wrote:My favorite slymepitters (in no particular order): ERV, Mykeru, Commander Tuvok, 16bitheretic, Scented Nectar, Renee Hendricks, Jack, welch....
What about me? It isn't fair! I've had enough, now I want my share.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

rocko2466 wrote:
Submariner wrote:My favorite slymepitters (in no particular order): ERV, Mykeru, Commander Tuvok, 16bitheretic, Scented Nectar, Renee Hendricks, Jack, welch....
Keep reading

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Gumby wrote:
EdwardGemmer wrote:
Gumby wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:I mentioned this on Twitter the other day and I'm actually quite serious. I have a server with oodles of space (plus the ability to upgrade easily). Many of us are tired of FTB, Skepchicks, A+ and the like. I'd be more than happy to set up and run a blog conglomerate if enough people were interested. I'm fairly adept in SEO, server admin, and many other areas within running such things. If I find at least 10 people are interested, I'll look into setting things up.
I blogged for years about many things including science (layman's level but still), religion, allsorts of crap. Count me as a volunteer.
Let's do it!
SlymethoughtBlogs! Woo hoo!
I am interested. Very interested. My blog link is below - I've been looking to conglomerate for a while (so I get enough readers that I keep getting enough motivation to post!). Have been a bit slack over the last few weeks due to dramatic readings, but I am very, very keen.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Reap wrote:Sorry if anyone has brought this up already but I noticed PZ mentioned that he "really felt this terrible urge to rewrite the whole thing from the ground up" because it has been in the works for so long. Considering the flip-flop PZ has done I wonder if there isn't a large amount of that book that doesn't reflect his feminist side. In fact some parts may beat the shit out of the feminist side of PZ and then light it on fire. I sense a little bit of anxiety I think.
REAP! You will like the video I will release on Sunday if you're thinking about that issue.

(I've been thinking about it myself lol)

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Submariner wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:
Keep reading
Too little, too late!

Okay, you're forgiven. #ban #block #megablock #infighting

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

rocko2466 wrote:
Submariner wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:
Keep reading
Too little, too late!

Okay, you're forgiven. #ban #block #megablock #infighting
You know I love you Rocko. After all, I am subscribed to YOU.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

I heard Rebecca Watson was going to write the next great American novel, but she only managed a Steven Novella.

franc

Post by franc »

AnotherLurkerMKII wrote:Uranus is a circle with a blotch of paint!
Here -

http://i.imgur.com/542s6Az.jpg

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

katamari Damassi wrote:I despise QUIILTBAG. Also the QU in QUILTBAG represents queer. Wasn't that the word that caused all the kerfuffle?
Incidentally, when I was a young homo I used the word queer because I had heard that lesbians felt left out when you used the word gay, but I received so much blow back when i used it that I switched back to using gay and I no longer care if lesbians feel left out.
Preferred the old acronym. It kept reminding me of a Gay BLT sandwich:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Kwl1QL7-_ZQ/U ... 00/blt.jpg

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Dan wrote:Harriet Hall has a new post up http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... -tempests/
From Dr. Col. Hall's blog:
“Please try to understand that ‘I like to do it my way’ does not equate to ‘I’m accusing you of being wrong for doing it your way.’” If I say I prefer to cook my chicken by stir-frying, that doesn’t mean I think you are wrong to roast yours, and I’m certainly not trying to tell you that you should switch to stir-frying. I can appreciate that both cooking methods can produce delicious meals.
Oh no, I can almost feel the angry vegan de-railers licking their chops at this obvious carnivore-centric sleight to the herbivorous QUILTBAGS in the aethosphere.

There's already some, er, interesting comments. I did find the pretentious fluff trying to get people to use QUILTBAG as the new magic talisman of power pretty funny (that assumes I read correctly - it was a bit tl:dr to me so I skimmed). Object to queer, but want to be called as something used to haul quilts around - isn't that the definition of "objectifying"?
I despise QUIILTBAG. Also the QU in QUILTBAG represents queer. Wasn't that the word that caused all the kerfuffle?
Damn - missed that. I wonder if we should bring that up - then they can change it to ILTBAG? LITBAG? Nah - too much like a drug reference. TIBLAG? GLABIT?

We'll work on that.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

DownThunder wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:I despise QUIILTBAG. Also the QU in QUILTBAG represents queer. Wasn't that the word that caused all the kerfuffle?

Now I hear "Gays to the left of me, Lezzies to the right...here I am, stuck in the middle with you...."

(sorry, long night grading)

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Apples wrote:Fairly standard A+ stuff, but still a good example of the feminist kafkatrap:

Christo930 starts a thread to talk about post-apocalyptic fiction and fails to respond to a post from a female poster or to show sufficient interest in books by female authors. Predictably depressing results.

starts here:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4008

and then gets kicked to here:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 8&start=25
Holy fucking shit. :confusion-confused:

Michael K Gray

Elevator Guy Arrested!

Post by Michael K Gray »

Well, EG has been found doing it again!
Carlos Heredia, 23, admits he and his friend, 25-year-old Trent Wilcox, had been drinking the morning both were arrested at the Mandalay Bay, but he says he remembers everything.
"And Trent Wilcox starts kicking the female out the elevator and she's coming back in laughing like it's funny," Heredia said.
Heredia said he didn't intend to kill anyone and that he's glad the victim is OK.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Badger3k wrote:Damn - missed that. I wonder if we should bring that up - then they can change it to ILTBAG? LITBAG? Nah - too much like a drug reference. TIBLAG? GLABIT?
BLAGHAG?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

rocko2466 wrote:What about me? It isn't fair! I've had enough, now I want my share.
Thanks a bunch.
Now I cannot get that bloody excremental song out of my mind.
I rank it as one of the most vomitous songs ever to reach my ears.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

The true burden of being InZvane:
Am I hard on people? Yes, I’m hard on people sometimes.

Sometimes I am compassionate.

Then I am compassionate.

I am still compassionate.

I understand the temptations of power.

I understand the fear of losing privilege.

I am compassionate, but I am hard.

That makes me compassionate.

It also makes me hard.

If you don’t want to change the world, that’s the price you get to deal with.
link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... than-this/

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

John Greg wrote:The true burden of being InZvane:
That last sentence makes no sense whatsoever.
It is grammatical, to a certain extent. But a semantic desert, with gusts of hot air endlessly blowing the tumbleweeds of her mind.
And TF got booted for "poor writing"?

Reap

Post by Reap »

rocko2466 wrote:
Reap wrote:Sorry if anyone has brought this up already but I noticed PZ mentioned that he "really felt this terrible urge to rewrite the whole thing from the ground up" because it has been in the works for so long. Considering the flip-flop PZ has done I wonder if there isn't a large amount of that book that doesn't reflect his feminist side. In fact some parts may beat the shit out of the feminist side of PZ and then light it on fire. I sense a little bit of anxiety I think.
REAP! You will like the video I will release on Sunday if you're thinking about that issue.

(I've been thinking about it myself lol)
great minds??? masters of the obvious??? something...

Reap

Post by Reap »

franc wrote:
Here -

So then who is the Jew-pitter?

Reap

Post by Reap »

John Greg wrote:The true burden of being InZvane:
Am I hard on people? Yes, I’m hard on people sometimes.

Sometimes I am compassionate.

Then I am compassionate.

I am still compassionate.

I understand the temptations of power.

I understand the fear of losing privilege.

I am compassionate, but I am hard.

That makes me compassionate.

It also makes me hard.

link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... than-this/

Funny I can imagine my dick giving that exact same speech.......

Michael K Gray

Strangerella SHALL go to the Ball!

Post by Michael K Gray »

Sally Strange has reached her $ target to attend the American Atheists 50th Anniversary National Convention.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

DownThunder wrote:

With added man mayonnaise, and fanny batter.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Reap wrote:So then who is the Jew-pitter?
SN?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lsuoma wrote:
DownThunder wrote:

With added man mayonnaise, and fanny batter.
Don't forget a salt with that battery.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John Greg wrote:
It also makes me hard.

I
link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... than-this/[/quote]
It's a personal thing, though - I'm sure she doesn't make anyone else hard...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Reap wrote:
franc wrote:
Here -

So then who is the Jew-pitter?
Git. Has to be.

Reap

Re: Strangerella SHALL go to the Ball!

Post by Reap »

Michael K Gray wrote:Sally Strange has reached her $ target to attend the American Atheists 50th Anniversary National Convention.
Good for her, I'm sure she will have a great time. With any luck I'll see her there but I have no idea what she looks like and even if I did I can't think of anything I would feel the need to say to her so... that pretty much just wasted a bunch of keystrokes didnt it? sigh

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

Benson mistakes Chris Clarke for PZ:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... /#comments

I'm telling you, PZ has access to alien cloning tech.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

codelette wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ghhaJDk.png

Skeptical storytelling thru art?...hmmm...where have I heard that before....

http://saramayhew.com/

SurlyStrips? Panels consiting of Pac-Man(tm) eatitng homeopathic pills? Angry Birds(tm) smashing the walls of The Pariarchy? I look forward to her creations.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Percentage wrote:Benson mistakes Chris Clarke for PZ:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... /#comments

I'm telling you, PZ has access to alien cloning tech.
The offending comment seems to have been deleted.
Who would have thought such a deceptive action from Ophelia, given here anger at others doing the same?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Michael K Gray wrote:I'm telling you, PZ has access to alien cloning tech.
The offending comment seems to have been deleted.
Who would have thought such a deceptive action from Ophelia, given here anger at others doing the same?[/quote]
I unreservedly withdraw that remark. Upon further review, I discovered I was quite mistaken.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mr Danksworth wrote: Surly Strips?
You omitted the trigger warning, dude...

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

http://img.pr0gramm.com/2013/02/fbcdjih.gif

Russians.

I've told y'all- don't fuck with these people.

EdgePenguin

Post by EdgePenguin »

Pitchguest wrote:
Apples wrote:Fairly standard A+ stuff, but still a good example of the feminist kafkatrap:

Christo930 starts a thread to talk about post-apocalyptic fiction and fails to respond to a post from a female poster or to show sufficient interest in books by female authors. Predictably depressing results.

starts here:

What that boils down to is "You didn't answer me directly, and I'm the most important person on the Internet, so you must be a shit"

acathode

Post by acathode »

Pitchguest wrote:

starts here:

They make http://i.imgur.com/WrnwCpw.png look like a sane and well-adjusted individual.
You just have to love the lulz they provide, I'm so sad that they are dying, even though it's inevitable.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

AnotherLurkerMKII wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Oh, and I should mention I would practically kill to live in Germany once again.
The Germans feel the same way about other countries.
I would trade my entire country for Germany. Even if the Germany-descendents that founded most of the cities in the region where I live are mostly a bunch of douchebags.
You know you're triggering me, right? Some of my countrymen (and women) were killed by Germans!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Reap wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:Sally Strange has reached her $ target to attend the American Atheists 50th Anniversary National Convention.
Good for her, I'm sure she will have a great time. With any luck I'll see her there but I have no idea what she looks like and even if I did I can't think of anything I would feel the need to say to her so... that pretty much just wasted a bunch of keystrokes didnt it? sigh
From her twitter:
https://twitter.com/i/#!/SallyStrange/m ... 2FYILltw2b
SallyStrange.jpeg
(61.52 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
Sally Strange ‏@SallyStrange

Feeling pretty sexy these days... http://pic.twitter.com/YILltw2b

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

MKG: Ophelia originally wrote "PZ" & linked to Pharyngula, then when it was pointed out to her early in the comments that the Pharyngula post was actually by Chris Clarke, she went back & edited her post, striking "PZ" out & putting "Chris Clarke" in. (That was in her B&W post titled "It’s not sexism that’s wrong, it’s calling something sexist that’s wrong". I haven't 'capped it; doesn't seem that noteworthy IMO.)

In a different neck of the FtB woods, one of the comments from PZ's "Got any children you really hate?" thread from Feb 21 wrote:
#9 SidBB
21 February 2013 at 1:20 pm (UTC -6)

Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere already, but it looks like the Pharyngula RSS feed isn’t being updated. The latest item in the feed is Chris Clarke’s “I hate the word moron as an insult” post which is more than 24 hours old.
Simple tech issue? That seems most likely. Or...something more than that?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

AndrewV69 wrote:
Reap wrote:
From her twitter:
SallyStrange.jpeg

Meths: don't even start!

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Fuck me, Andrew. Trigger warning next time please.
Also, it reminds me of those emails that people send around of bad parenting - where the parent is taking a 'sexy' photo that their kid is in the background of.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Gefan wrote:http://img.pr0gramm.com/2013/02/fbcdjih.gif

Russians.

You have received the Slymepit Inaugural GIF of the Week Award. Congratulations.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

rocko2466 wrote:
Gefan wrote:http://img.pr0gramm.com/2013/02/fbcdjih.gif

Russians.

You have received the Slymepit Inaugural GIF of the Week Award. Congratulations.
Highly seconded.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

note to Reap
http://reapradio.net/ is down - says domain name has expired.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

mutleyeng wrote:note to Reap
http://reapradio.net/ is down - says domain name has expired.
Because that's the correct URL:

http://www.reapsowradio.com/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh, wait. You mean you want Reap to grabe this URL?

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

huh? really...I used the link from this Angry Atheist site, as I always do to get to it .... guess he needs to change that then

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

thanks for correct link btw Phil.
Just to clarify, I use the link from the angry atheist site to get to reapsowradio - so thats a broken link for whatever reason.
sorry for confusion

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh, wait. You mean you want Reap to grabe this URL?
I have purchased
ReapPerCUSSions.net
&
ReapRadio.com
if the Paden cunt is interested in me donating them to him.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

mutleyeng wrote:thanks for correct link btw Phil.
Just to clarify, I use the link from the angry atheist site to get to reapsowradio - so thats a broken link for whatever reason.
sorry for confusion
Ok, yes, I confirm. Reap something's wrong with your link.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh, wait. You mean you want Reap to grabe this URL?
I have purchased
ReapPerCUSSions.net
&
ReapRadio.com
if the Paden cunt is interested in me donating them to him.
Masterly!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Reap wrote:
From her twitter:
SallyStrange.jpeg

Oh fuck, she has a kid.

http://media.tumblr.com/7b32e336b10589b ... qz4rgp.gif

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Pitchguest wrote:
Oh fuck, she has a kid.

http://media.tumblr.com/7b32e336b10589b ... qz4rgp.gif
Meth-addicted parents are a staple of the American way.

No, really, I should stop watching Breaking Bad.

windy

Post by windy »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
AnotherLurkerMKII wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Oh, and I should mention I would practically kill to live in Germany once again.
The Germans feel the same way about other countries.
I would trade my entire country for Germany. Even if the Germany-descendents that founded most of the cities in the region where I live are mostly a bunch of douchebags.
You know you're triggering me, right? Some of my countrymen (and women) were killed by Germans!
Hey, you don't see me complaining about the Russian gif :twisted: (that's awesome, Gefan!)