Submariner

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Submariner »

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oh dear, Dave. Oh dear.

http://www.skepticink.com/incredulous/2 ... rmination/

I wonder how much evidence he will need to make a denouncement.

:P

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Wow, The FtB/Skepchick along with their Women in Secularism witch hunt party won't be happy about this. Pulling anything but complete submission is an absolute no-no.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

I'm not a fan of Ellenbeth Wachs but I feel very angry that they've driven her away. They've shown absolutely no compassion at all. Cunts, the lot of 'em.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tony Parsehole wrote:By my own definition of "manly" I'm very unmanly. I suppose I'm caring to my kids but brave and stoic? LOL.
I would like to take this opportunities to dispel the common misconception that P.Z. "The Ultimate Male" Myers is unmanly and hypothesize that went he flexes in a closed space, the sheer machismo over-pressure can rupture eardrums.

Also, he drinks PowerThirst...

[youtube]t-3qncy5Qfk[/youtube]

AHHHHHH! AHHHHHH! GRRRRRRR!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Hahahahahahahaha, they call it a "lady garden"!!! I haven't heard that one in a long long time. :lol:

If the book cover is anything to go by, the secret is to keep it breezy around one's nether regions. My balcony will do fine from spring to fall, but winter's going to be a bitch!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

jjbinx007 wrote:I'm not a fan of Ellenbeth Wachs but I feel very angry that they've driven her away. They've shown absolutely no compassion at all. Cunts, the lot of 'em.
We've pointed out for a long time now, that when someone steps slightly "off message", they are quite happy to throw them under the bus, reverse over them, get off the bus and take a curry-shit on their bloodied, impacted faces, get back on the bus and drive it back to the depot that they stole it from, and them call the police and blame the dead person for stealing the bus.

welch

Post by welch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Oh dear, Dave. Oh dear.

:P
Yeah...funny how no one at FTB noticed how all the non-honky male departures were replaced with male honkies. Almost as if as long as you say the right things, your actions don't matter...

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I'm glad it wasn't Vacula who made the blog.

welch

Post by welch »

jjbinx007 wrote:I'm not a fan of Ellenbeth Wachs but I feel very angry that they've driven her away. They've shown absolutely no compassion at all. Cunts, the lot of 'em.
Exactly. You don't have to agree with her positions or statements to agree she got shafted.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

"What caused the controversy, gang?" -Peezus

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... statement/

What an intentionally clueless fuck-wit.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

deLurch wrote:
Fun race stories from the founder of the KKK Slyme Pit--
D1 is taking dance classes this summer, including hip-hop. I think she is going to be really good at it (high energy kid, not afraid of anything, will try any/all tricks, very competitive girl).

We were watching 'Save the Last Dance' last night because of the ballet-hip-hop mix. D1 and D2 *did not understand* the 'controversy' of white girl/black boy. During the scene where they 'make out' on a bus to offend this old lady who didnt approve, the girls thought they were 'making out' because the old lady just didnt approve of kids making out in public. They *did not understand* the controversy of 'mixing' races.

Considering the shit I have gotten for dating outside my own race-- to see younger generations completely unable to comprehend a 'problem'-- I think that is fucking awesome.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Mykeru wrote:"What caused the controversy, gang?" -Peezus

The comments are hilarious:
Welp, I have just written off CFI entirely. Enjoy having to bend to the whims of the Slymepit, since they’ll be the only audience you’ll have left, you fuckers.

I don’t even…

I wasn’t even there and I’m practically shaking with rage right now.
But hey, even if they lost the support of many feminists, they can take mantle of Clubhouse #2 for the Slymepit.

Dear CFI:

Fuck off.

Kindest regards,

Kevin
PZ Myers wrote:
I think it’s really nice of CFI to do fundraising for American Atheists like this.

@PZ Myers:

Maybe American Atheists needs to host the next WiS, cause you can be damned sure CFI isn’t.

They just refuse to eat that humble pie, don’t they…
They suffer from the same Don’t Question Your Leaders delusion that the Slymepit does.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

Comment 39
UnknownEric the Apostate wrote:They suffer from the same Don’t Question Your Leaders delusion that the Slymepit does.
Who is our leader again?

cunt

Post by cunt »

cunt

Post by cunt »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

http://slymepit.com/staticimgs/dqyl.jpg

BOW DOWN BEFORE ME, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

(BTW, the Pit gets a lot of name checks there. Apparently CFI is the #3 Pit, after Nugent's blog.)

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:And the lies and harassment continue.

Sigh.

http://i.imgur.com/FwzTvlL.png
What the fuck? I've seen Myers called a lot of names here, but never "unmanly"? Do these assholes just make it up as they go along?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ERV wrote:
deLurch wrote:
D1 is taking dance classes this summer, including hip-hop. I think she is going to be really good at it (high energy kid, not afraid of anything, will try any/all tricks, very competitive girl).

We were watching 'Save the Last Dance' last night because of the ballet-hip-hop mix. D1 and D2 *did not understand* the 'controversy' of white girl/black boy. During the scene where they 'make out' on a bus to offend this old lady who didnt approve, the girls thought they were 'making out' because the old lady just didnt approve of kids making out in public. They *did not understand* the controversy of 'mixing' races.

Considering the shit I have gotten for dating outside my own race-- to see younger generations completely unable to comprehend a 'problem'-- I think that is fucking awesome.
I was reading about the "Cheerios" mixed race ad "controversy (Read: small group of loud stupid people) and was reading BuzzFeed, who picked up a story of people forming "We are the 15%", representing people in mixed marriages. The only marriage I was ever in was mixed.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/breakin ... ally-exist

So I'm looking at the photos submitted and get that "Uh, what?"

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhance ... 654-23.jpg

That's my Second Cousin (once removed) in a mixed race marriage. Not the guy, the black woman. She's a Sorrentino (dox!). She's also herself the product of a mixed race marriage. So miscegenation-minded assholes, it's even worse than you thought.

They are great people. The guy is an extremely talented photographer and although she completely looks like a Sorrentino, she gave a miss to the Sorrentino women's tendency to be bat-shit crazy and generally meaner than Stephanie Zvan and Ophelia Benson in a three-way with a cheese grater. She's an absolute sweet-heart and the kid is a joy. I mean, seriously, he's so well-behaved half the time I think he's sedated. I hope he brings his calm cool into the rest of his life.

My 90-something Great Uncle, her Grandfather, moved in with them. He was on the way out living on his own. Now he's got a lot of pep in his step and he's happy and cared for.

The short version: These people are better people than 100% of the people who would complain about them just being.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Cunning Punt wrote:

Sigh.

What the fuck? I've seen Myers called a lot of names here, but never "unmanly"? Do these assholes just make it up as they go along?
Yes.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Welp, I have just written off CFI entirely. Enjoy having to bend to the whims of the Slymepit, since they’ll be the only audience you’ll have left, you fuckers.
and
But hey, even if they lost the support of many feminists, they can take mantle of Clubhouse #2 for the Slymepit.
You couldnt ask for a better demonstration of how they characterize everything they are against as "the Slymepit"
PZ Myers wrote:
I think it’s really nice of CFI to do fundraising for American Atheists like this.
Given the recent lawsuit, AA will probably need the fundraising. :lol:

And this pretty much sums up what they want from everyone. Humble yourself before them.

Kneel before PZOD!
They suffer from the same Don’t Question Your Leaders delusion that the Slymepit does.
On general principle: Fuck Off Lsouma! Fuck Off Abbie!

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

I'd like to see either Justin or Reap do an interview with EllenBeth about her Secular Woman experiences :pray:

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

WTF. So please help me understand. CFI holds a conference for secular women, with all women speakers except their CEO gives an opening remark where he says he isn't fond of telling people to shut up. For this, he should be fired and the organization boycotted. Instead we should support American Atheists, who are being sued for racial discrimination. But that's no big deal.

What planet do these people live on?

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Hello 50 guests!

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

EdwardGemmer wrote:WTF. So please help me understand. CFI holds a conference for secular women, with all women speakers except their CEO gives an opening remark where he says he isn't fond of telling people to shut up. For this, he should be fired and the organization boycotted. Instead we should support American Atheists, who are being sued for racial discrimination. But that's no big deal.

Can we expect a Dear White Feminists part 2?
http://ahyicodae.powweb.com//Marcotte_3.jpg
Take that, darkies!

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

SkepticalCat wrote:I'd like to see either Justin or Reap do an interview with EllenBeth about her Secular Woman experiences :pray:

EllenBeth will be on Chill Girls in Pink Corvettes next week.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Correction, this Saturday. <edit button>

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

welch wrote:
He's been trying like hell to make this all about the pit. He's had some help with that, albeit unintentionally, but this time, I am breaking my rule of "don't engage with oolio" because I think trying to dismiss her post the way he has been is honestly disgusting.
Aye. After engaging Oolon I feel like I've been handling dogshit but sometimes his lying gets too much and something needs to be said.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

"Waaaa, waaaaa, they didn't let us bully them into a rash decision waaaa waaaa...."

welch

Post by welch »

Cunning Punt wrote:

Sigh.

If only they were allowed to come here and ask themselves.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Mykeru wrote:I was reading about the "Cheerios" mixed race ad "controversy (Read: small group of loud stupid people) and was reading BuzzFeed, who picked up a story of people forming "We are the 15%", representing people in mixed marriages. The only marriage I was ever in was mixed.
Incidentally, girls also saw the Cheerios commercial on Hulu a while back. Didnt bat an eyelash at white mom/black dad. They thought it was fucking hysterical (they normally hate Hulu commercials).

Thats just how we roll in mah KKK house.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Metalogic42 wrote:
The comments are hilarious:

I don’t even…

I wasn’t even there and I’m practically shaking with rage right now.

Dear CFI:

Fuck off.

Kindest regards,

Kevin
PZ Myers wrote:

@PZ Myers:

Maybe American Atheists needs to host the next WiS, cause you can be damned sure CFI isn’t.

The way they go on is so over the top. Reading those comments you'd think CFI had broke into their house on Christmas day and pissed on the kids.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

So does this make the CFI the moral equivalent of the KKK?

codelette

Post by codelette »

Kareem wrote:
EdwardGemmer wrote:WTF. So please help me understand. CFI holds a conference for secular women, with all women speakers except their CEO gives an opening remark where he says he isn't fond of telling people to shut up. For this, he should be fired and the organization boycotted. Instead we should support American Atheists, who are being sued for racial discrimination. But that's no big deal.

Take that, darkies!
And, add to that the fact that La Hensley was trying to get Hugo "I tried to kill my GF" Schweyzer to WIS...
Hugo also was deemed a big mansplainer during the Marcotte's racist book cover brouhaha.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Omicron Persei 8

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Twatson now hates CFI just as much as Peezus: http://skepchick.org/2013/06/so-much-fo ... r-inquiry/

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

ERV wrote:
deLurch wrote:

That sounds like this South Park episode:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chef_Goes_Nanners

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

codelette

Post by codelette »

Metalogic42 wrote:Twatson now hates CFI just as much as Peezus: http://skepchick.org/2013/06/so-much-fo ... r-inquiry/
I predict much success to both TAM and CFI for years to cone. She needs them; they don't.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

Metalogic42 wrote:Twatson now hates CFI just as much as Peezus: http://skepchick.org/2013/06/so-much-fo ... r-inquiry/
Ms. Watson wrote:It makes vague statements about equality and respect without mentioning anything about the harassment of women in this community and how Ron Lindsay has enabled it.
Is there a sociological definition of enable going around?

agarybuseychristmas

Post by agarybuseychristmas »

Kareem wrote:
Ms. Watson wrote:It makes vague statements about equality and respect without mentioning anything about the harassment of women in this community and how Ron Lindsay has enabled it.
Is there a sociological definition of enable going around?
Ugh, yes, actually. 'Enabling' is tantamount to condoning an action based on not towing their party line as to how to handle it. E.g. rape jokes enable rape.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Becci's blogpost is epic! Oh the hurt fee fees! The butthurt! Look at this:
With that last point in mind, fuck it: I’m boycotting and I hope you do, too. I’m not giving any more of my time or money to Center for Inquiry, just as I’ll no longer give any time or money to the JREF and Richard Dawkins. But in addition to this personal decision I’ve made, I’m actually asking you to do the same.
I hate CFI and you should too!
After ruining the JREF and Dawkins career with her last two Notboycotts I bet CFI are shitting themselves....Already Oolon has gravely announced he's withdrawing his "indirect support" and is no longer considering becoming a member! Oh noes! I bet they can never forgive themselves!

BTW, I wonder how long it will be before Melody Hensley gets thrown under the bus for working for them?

http://skepchick.org/2013/06/so-much-fo

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

It's like they're living on an island and are determined to burn all their bridges to the mainland.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Becci's blogpost is epic! Oh the hurt fee fees! The butthurt! Look at this:
With that last point in mind, fuck it: I’m boycotting and I hope you do, too. I’m not giving any more of my time or money to Center for Inquiry, just as I’ll no longer give any time or money to the JREF and Richard Dawkins. But in addition to this personal decision I’ve made, I’m actually asking you to do the same.
I hate CFI and you should too!
After ruining the JREF and Dawkins career with her last two Notboycotts I bet CFI are shitting themselves....Already Oolon has gravely announced he's withdrawing his "indirect support" and is no longer considering becoming a member! Oh noes! I bet they can never forgive themselves!

BTW, I wonder how long it will be before Melody Hensley gets thrown under the bus for working for them?

http://skepchick.org/2013/06/so-much-fo
Sweet! Another not-a-boycott from Twatson.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Ericb wrote:It's like they're living on an island and are determined to burn all their bridges to the mainland.
It is almost as if "hate" was making her weaker. Lol

welch

Post by welch »

ERV wrote:
Mykeru wrote:I was reading about the "Cheerios" mixed race ad "controversy (Read: small group of loud stupid people) and was reading BuzzFeed, who picked up a story of people forming "We are the 15%", representing people in mixed marriages. The only marriage I was ever in was mixed.
Incidentally, girls also saw the Cheerios commercial on Hulu a while back. Didnt bat an eyelash at white mom/black dad. They thought it was fucking hysterical (they normally hate Hulu commercials).

Thats just how we roll in mah KKK house.
THAT'S THE FIRST SIGN YOU'RE A RACIST!!!!

welch

Post by welch »

codelette wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Take that, darkies!
And, add to that the fact that La Hensley was trying to get Hugo "I tried to kill my GF" Schweyzer to WIS...
Hugo also was deemed a big mansplainer during the Marcotte's racist book cover brouhaha.
Oh you and your silly lady-brain, trying to understand complex thoughtery like the menfolk deal with. Hugo's real-world crimes are not important. What's important is that he agrees perfectly with what Melody et al require him to agree with.

See, this is what happens when you think you're all equal 'n' shit.

welch

Post by welch »

Double Word Score. All we need is the inevitable rage tears from Marcotte, and we'll have the full Triple.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Pretty funny isn't it? AA, which has (from what I've read) a lot of problems beyond this allegation is 'good' in the FtB eyes because Silverman bullied Vacula a bit. CFI, which keeps the toad Hensley on staff (whom I would have fired for her divisive bullshit), is bad because Lindsay says 'Hey, if you want to have a dialog about your legitimate grievances starting off with 'shut-the-fuck-up-and-listen' might not be the best strategy to get heard.'

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Feckless Becky. Yep, calling for all to boycott CFI. I think CFI's donations are probably now going up with her call for the boycott

It's interesting how she rants about all the things shes doen for CFI, but starts it like this:
For the past two years I’ve worked my ass off to make their annual CSICon a success, by hosting their parties...
Yep, 'cause that's the most important part of any conference. Right Becks?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:
Double Word Score. All we need is the inevitable rage tears from Marcotte, and we'll have the full Triple.
I'm reading a book of memoirs from a spod that joined the British Army at 16 in 1986, and it's hilarious. One of the things he refers to is the "Triple Crown" of shitting and pissing yourself, plus yakking up all over yourself too.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Outwest wrote:
Feckless Becky. Yep, calling for all to boycott CFI. I think CFI's donations are probably now going up with her call for the boycott

It's interesting how she rants about all the things shes doen for CFI, but starts it like this:
For the past two years I’ve worked my ass off to make their annual CSICon a success, by hosting their parties...
Yep, 'cause that's the most important part of any conference. Right Becks?
I thought she was doing stuff for CSICon because that was about the time she's started dating that CFI dude.
Any who...good news Beckster! Now you'll have an extra 100 bucks to buy Tang and cheap vodka to serve at that hallway con in the middle of nowhere.

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

Tribble wrote:
As far as I can tell, most atheists kind of just fell into it. Which helps explain all the atheists who subscribe to all the other woo and stupidy-- homeopathy, acupuncture, climate change denial, AIDS denial, general science denial, alternate medicine, ghosts and other supernatural beliefs (that one puzzles me the most, how do you NOT believe in a God, BUT believe in ghosts... makes my head want to explode).
Mere atheism, defined as the lack of belief in the existence of god, is not enough. It is clear that many atheists are as dogmatic and superstitious as any theist. In fact, atheism, just like some forms of faith, takes very little or no effort. One simply stops the genuflection which one was conditioned by parents, teachers and others to perform.

Being comfortable with uncertainty is not something which is natural to us. On the contrary, humans seek the comfort of certainty. That is why the scientific and skeptical mind is distinctly odd: it is happy (or at least not uncomfortable) living with incomplete or uncertain knowledge and knowing that this uncertainty can not be removed, although, in certain instances, reduced. The fear of uncertainty is one of the reasons religion and other irrational beliefs continue to prevail. It is simply not natural to us, specially after years of conditioning, to think independently and be comfortable with tentative knowledge.

We see stark signs of authoritarian belief among the Buffoon Collective. They may be atheists, but are certainly not skeptics, or, despite PhD-level education, scientific. Most of them seek an authority figure, someone who can "lay down the law", show them path to follow. Damned if the path leads to perdition or entails accepting nonsensical dogma. No matter, the horde will follow as long as there is a "leader" who fills in their need for a authority figure.

To tell the truth, I am really, really sick of fools like PZ, Watson, Benson, Silverman et. al. trying to climb up a dung heap and smearing the rest of us with excrement. Even though these people may share the word "atheist" with me, I want absolutely no association with them and certainly do not want then to speak on my behalf. They can take their anti-scientific post-modernism, social-constructivism and identity politics and start their own extreme left-wing group of nuts. Just don't drag us into it.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

H. Korban wrote: [...]
To tell the truth, I am really, really sick of fools like PZ, Watson, Benson, Silverman et. al. trying to climb up a dung heap and smearing the rest of us with excrement. Even though these people may share the word "atheist" with me, I want absolutely no association with them and certainly do not want then to speak on my behalf. They can take their anti-scientific post-modernism, social-constructivism and identity politics and start their own extreme left-wing group of nuts. Just don't drag us into it.

They should found a new movement called Post-Skepticism.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

ERV wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Yeah, as a person who happened to inherit only the white-people appearance genes from a decidedly mixed family, I get that bullshit from one group or another no matter who I'm with. Knowing that there are people out there who cannot even conceive that other people might take issue with it restores a fair bit of my lost faith in humanity.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Ellenbeth Wachs has signed the Skeptic Women pledge thingy.

I have been one of the more hostile critics of EBW -- and indeed, she has said some really nasty stuff, i.e., Vacula the child raper. But I must say, like many others, her current critical thinking-based eye opener has given me much pause for thought. I am impressed.

And Oolon has really hit it out of the park this time. I find it spellbinding to watch such a pure example of outrageously dishonest thinking and balatant over-the-top cognitive dissonance.

I am also loving the kneejerk reactionary "CFI is teh True Evil" response from the horde. HAHAHAHA. Cry me a whiney river you juvenile dipshits.

It is going to be interesting to see how Melody "blind ankle" Hensley deals with this. If she stays, FfTB, Skepchick, et al will certainly turn on her and fuck her into the ground. So, I would imagine her only option, if she wants to have the appearance of maintaining integrity to her own loudly whined ideals, would be to resign.

treestump

Post by treestump »

great stuff, I'm laughing my ass off tonight :) CFI have told them to go fuck themselves, and they STILL don't get it. It' beautiful, their idiocy is plain for all to see.

PZ: "“The CFI Board wishes to express its unhappiness with the controversy surrounding the recent Women in Secularism Conference 2.” Jebus. Can you get any more waffly? What caused the controversy, gang?"

you did PZ, you and Stephalump, and Oafy, and RW and Becci and that fucking idiot Marcotte. By the way, I honestly think that this whole controversy that EVERYONE KNOWS THEY MANUFACTURED, was done to get RW a job in CFI. Seemed likely that they thought they could engineer that, and get their people in positions of power the dipshit fucktards. They really are pathetic, and I think this could be the beginning of the end for them. By trying to destroy Lindsay's position (YES PZ YOU DIPSHIT, EVERYONE KNOWS YOU CREATED THIS STUPID CONTROVERSY. YES, YOU, NOT RON LINDSAY) they've exposed the kind of weasly fucks that they are. I hope they all disappear like the cockroaches they are. CFI should maybe get rid of that idiot child that is in DC. She's a fucking embarrassment.

I think I'll open a nice bottle of Talisker to celebrate: FUCK YOU MYERS, YOU DUMBASS PIECE OF SHIT !
Happy Days ! :-D

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

John Greg wrote: [...]

It is going to be interesting to see how Melody "blind ankle" Hensley deals with this. If she stays, FfTB, Skepchick, et al will certainly turn on her and fuck her into the ground. So, I would imagine her only option, if she wants to have the appearance of maintaining integrity to her own loudly whined ideals, would be to resign.
Otherwise she will become a "Enabler of Misogyny."

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It has to be said that as the first anniversary of the Pit approaches (July 3rd) the popcorn is coming thick and fast, not least because of all the effort dedicated Pitters have been undertaking.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

deLurch wrote:
Wow, The FtB/Skepchick along with their Women in Secularism witch hunt party won't be happy about this. Pulling anything but complete submission is an absolute no-no.
That is as dry a corporate release as I have ever seen. Very carefully worded, for sure. Material bits:

'Unhappy with the controversy' - no specific individuals, etc. named however, which keeps it neutral.

'and our CEO' - no mention of a change. This could go either way, but I think it signals 'no change' more than anything, which is very good, if correct.

'Going forward, we will endeavor to work with all elements of the secular movement' - they are keeping all the options open.

Overall, I think this is a very professional, neutral response. I predict the net result will be an explosive hissyfit in the FftB/Skepchick/Secular Woman crowd as it appears that Ronald Lindsay will continue as CEO for the time being - which is excellent news for everyone but FftB/Skepchick/Secular Woman. Lindsay is on vacation this week (according to Fidalgo). It will be interesting to see if he has any more detailed commentary when he returns. My prediction is that he will volunteer little. The real outcome will show in how relations are maintained with certain groups and individuals in the immediate future.

FWIW - I sent a short note to Tom Flynn, Ronald Lindsay and the CFI Board with a link to EB Wachs blog post. I thought that bit of Good News was worth sharing. I, um, may have shared it with a few others, too. :whistle:

(for the record - this is my continuing payback for the doxxing of Skep tickle) We are all Skep tickle!