Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Tribble

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Tribble »

Mykeru wrote:
Is this happy horseshit all about Rystefn's claim that he can hammer in nails with a screwdriver? I mean, not carpet tacks but a real nail, like a 10d?
Coming from a half-urban/half-redneck family, I have to say you people need stop with the coffee shops and latte's and hang out with some rednecks sometime... You'd be surprised at all the non-conventional things you can do with tools, baling wire and duct tape.

So, the answer is: Yes, you can drive nails with a screwdriver. You use the fucking handle! The biggest drawbacks are (a) lack of mass, (b) brittle plastic handles that can break and (c) high coefficient of rebound meaning you impart relatively little of the striking force to the nail making it a tedious, problematic and slow process.

But if you don't have a hammer and you have to drive a nail, it can work. Though I usually prefer something like pipe wrench or vise grips which are far more robust.

Here's a great site that will all that and more: http://whitetrashrepairs.com/

Conversely, you can also drive screws with a hammer, though hammers tend to break the screw heads off because they're not made for that kind of impact... And you can use vice-grips to drive screws as well, though you can't really set the heads in without damaging the wood.

VIce-grips are also great for replacing lug-ends on your battery cable in a pinch, too. Just make sure they're real tight and that you keep them insulated or you may find your solution isn't as clever-dick as you think...

cunt

Post by cunt »

Oh shit, there's another one.

Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

Hemisphere wrote:http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen ... iet-drugs/

And so it begins. Let's give children poorly researched drugs that primarily act on the brain. The article mentions the new drug Belviq (aka lorcaserin) a 5-HT (serotonin for the plebs) receptor agonist and mild hallucinogen (plus it's addictive). Best over-prescribe it to children like they did with Ritalin and Adderall. Watch mental health plummet in-sync with weight loss.
Better yet, it acts on the 5-HT(2c) receptor. This receptor is very much involved in mood regulation (including sex drive, satiety, and anxiety). Our buddy lorcaserin apparently shows 100x selectivity for this receptor (over the 2b and 2a receptors) and abnormally high activation of these receptors (leading to a down-regulation in their number) is associated with depression and suicide.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

codelette wrote: Read this other one then: http://off-the-plantation.blogspot.com/ ... -pill.html
ahahahaha, The Matrix quotes to justify his gender politics. lol
Fucking idiot.
Rather long story made very short: Bad marriage. Divorce. Screwed over by a system that's designed to screw men out of everything and then some. And I managed to get off pretty easy compared to most guys.
You know, maybe I'm just lucky having an amicable divorce. We split everything down the middle. I even walked away 26k richer from the sale of our condo.

Or maybe I married someone and we eventually split up, but not someone who would fuck me over.

Dude, "the system" didn't fuck you over. Your ex-wife did. To use an MRA analogy, "the system" is just a gun laying around. You wife had to pick it up and aim it at you. Not the system. Not the illuminati, not all women. The person you married.

Which means one of two thing, or maybe a combo:

1. You married someone who you shouldn't trust. It is what it is. That you did so is may be because you are a piss-poor judge of character

2. You are no innocent. Why did your ex go gunning for you? You will like to pretend that it's innate, just what women do. What did you do? Did you drink? Did you fuck around? Did you have some issue like gambling? It may not be all your fault, but relationships are a dynamic and you did bring something to it. If, however, you were pure of heart and she was just a she-devil, then see #1

And no, you don't get to make some analogy that blaming you is like blaming a victim of domestic violence because this wasn't domestic violence. Men can do domestic violence and women can do domestic violence and domestic violence is domestic violence. This was a divorce in which, you claim, you were screwed.

Rather than "blame the system", did you learn anything? Apparently not. Rather than do, which might involve you learning something about yourself, you want to externalize everything, claim the universe hates you and sit in the corner and sulk. All that proves is not that the game is rigged, but that you are incapable of insight and learning.

Fuck you. If everyone was like you we would still be making day beds in the trees and getting eaten by leopards, you sad case.

Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Hemisphere, is that your own owl photo? Congrats if it is.
Unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of taking this photo :( I was googling 'drunk looking owls' a year back and stumbled across it.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Tribble wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Is this happy horseshit all about Rystefn's claim that he can hammer in nails with a screwdriver? I mean, not carpet tacks but a real nail, like a 10d?
Coming from a half-urban/half-redneck family, I have to say you people need stop with the coffee shops and latte's and hang out with some rednecks sometime... You'd be surprised at all the non-conventional things you can do with tools, baling wire and duct tape.

So, the answer is: Yes, you can drive nails with a screwdriver. You use the fucking handle! The biggest drawbacks are (a) lack of mass, (b) brittle plastic handles that can break and (c) high coefficient of rebound meaning you impart relatively little of the striking force to the nail making it a tedious, problematic and slow process.

But if you don't have a hammer and you have to drive a nail, it can work. Though I usually prefer something like pipe wrench or vise grips which are far more robust.

Here's a great site that will all that and more: http://whitetrashrepairs.com/

Conversely, you can also drive screws with a hammer, though hammers tend to break the screw heads off because they're not made for that kind of impact... And you can use vice-grips to drive screws as well, though you can't really set the heads in without damaging the wood.

VIce-grips are also great for replacing lug-ends on your battery cable in a pinch, too. Just make sure they're real tight and that you keep them insulated or you may find your solution isn't as clever-dick as you think...
Here:
I've done this with much more spikey heels and had much more success (i.e. not a bent nail). I have also used the heavy end of a butter knife to hammer in a nail. And I'm all urban. Just prone to losing the fucking hammer.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tribble wrote:
Yeah, we know that, you know that, we assume chicken-head Rystefn knows that, but no one can figure out why he is stalling. Maybe assuming Rebecca Watson's dry-erase board can figure it out is too generous.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Steersman wrote:
sacha wrote: <snip>
Steersman wrote:posting here is unlikely to cause menstrual synchronization, although it might cause you all to run amok and join the local chapter of Gender Traitors International.

But I find it is still an interesting theory, not least because some explanations are based on the “coupled oscillators” model, an interesting example of which is here. But I note this conclusion in the article, for one section anyway: “the controversy remains unresolved”.
No, there is no controversy. See the article below (by Harriet Hall) for the explanation of how women may appear to synchronise:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/men ... -together/
Hall’s conclusion:
Hall wrote:Do women’s menstrual cycles tend to synchronize when they live together? As so often in medicine, science doesn’t provide a clear answer.
Doesn’t sound very conclusive to me. Although she also says:
Even if the phenomenon occurs, and even if human pheromones cause it, so what? It’s a matter of curiosity, not of clinical importance.
Not that it’s a big deal, only that if it exists then it is an interesting example of the marvels of the human body. Or animal ones for that matter.
My apologies, I should have been clearer. What I meant was there is no evidence to suggest that women synchronise, and plenty of evidence to show it just appears that way, and therefore, as a sceptic, I'll go with the statement "they do not synchronise" until I am shown evidence to the contrary.

I agree with the first commenter:
No agreed upon definition of menstrual synchronization + no plausible mechanism + poor research supporting the hypothesis + split research results + no support from comparative research + a tendency to over report synchronization = MYTH.

cunt

Post by cunt »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Anyway, you're a bit touchy today, cunt. I laugh at a lot of your material, but when you get on the booze you're a tedious, whiny little gobshite who should put the bottle and the keyboard down, and go and join his wife and kids in the front room.
Touchy, yes. That's because whining from other people about deviating from the official "topic" of this thread is about the only thing more boring on the planet besides reading me and Rystefn fighting and perhaps those big machines that dug the channel tunnel. If you want to talk about something else, go right ahead.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

cunt wrote:
Anyway, you're a bit touchy today, cunt. I laugh at a lot of your material, but when you get on the booze you're a tedious, whiny little gobshite who should put the bottle and the keyboard down, and go and join his wife and kids in the front room.
Touchy, yes. That's because whining from other people about deviating from the official "topic" of this thread is about the only thing more boring on the planet besides reading me and Rystefn fighting and perhaps those big machines that dug the channel tunnel. If you want to talk about something else, go right ahead.
I'm enjoying it.

I will even cheer you on...

[youtube]fMb-uuXHnQU[/youtube]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

cunt wrote:
I don't give a shit about "deviating from the official 'topic'". BFD. Page after page of "nuh-uh!", "uh-huh!", "prove it! prove it! prove it!" starts to get a bit fucking tedious after a bit. If I want that kind of shit, I'll listen to my kids.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

cunt wrote:
We would, but your awesome black-hole tedium sucks all the air out of the room.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

cunt wrote:
Ah, talk about what you like. It was just fucking hilarious the way you two were going about it, all these months later:

[youtube]_JmA2ClUvUY[/youtube]

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

another lurker wrote:
cunt wrote:
I'm enjoying it.

[lubetube]fMb-uuXHnQU[/lubetube]
Dance moves from Beyonce, weaves from the Indian human hair export market.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Feh - ignore me. I'm more than a bit cranky as I've been working my ass off at a new job and oDesk has managed to fuck things up for me so I can't withdraw my last paycheck.

I should just keep my thoughts to myself when I get cranky. Sorry all.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

another lurker wrote:
I'm enjoying it.

[youtube]fMb-uuXHnQUyoutube]
Amazing. I hope these guys have the love of their team and school, I'll go and read about them.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

katamari Damassi wrote:Really, really bored with this hammering with a screwdriver discussion.
New topic! What do people think about the American Medical Association declaring obesity to be a disease?
McEwan at Shakesville declares it "eliminationist', so are we going to see US government fat camps? On the plus side, think of all the soap and lampshades they could make.
WTF is eliminationism? Does it involve laxatives?

One of the minor consequences of increasing obesity in the US is that there are fewer cadavers available for medical education and research. Can't use bodies that won't fit in the tanks. Some are already so heavy that it's difficult to push down the levers to raise the platform they're on within the tank.

cunt

Post by cunt »

another lurker wrote:
I'm enjoying it.

[youtube]fMb-uuXHnQU[/youtube]
Good. I was enjoying it too.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Mykeru wrote:
codelette wrote: Read this other one then: http://off-the-plantation.blogspot.com/ ... -pill.html
Fucking idiot.
Rather long story made very short: Bad marriage. Divorce. Screwed over by a system that's designed to screw men out of everything and then some. And I managed to get off pretty easy compared to most guys.
You know, maybe I'm just lucky having an amicable divorce. We split everything down the middle. I even walked away 26k richer from the sale of our condo.

Or maybe I married someone and we eventually split up, but not someone who would fuck me over.

Dude, "the system" didn't fuck you over. Your ex-wife did. To use an MRA analogy, "the system" is just a gun laying around. You wife had to pick it up and aim it at you. Not the system. Not the illuminati, not all women. The person you married.

1. You married someone who you shouldn't trust. It is what it is. That you did so is may be because you are a piss-poor judge of character

2. You are no innocent. Why did your ex go gunning for you? You will like to pretend that it's innate, just what women do. What did you do? Did you drink? Did you fuck around? Did you have some issue like gambling? It may not be all your fault, but relationships are a dynamic and you did bring something to it. If, however, you were pure of heart and she was just a she-devil, then see #1

And no, you don't get to make some analogy that blaming you is like blaming a victim of domestic violence because this wasn't domestic violence. Men can do domestic violence and women can do domestic violence and domestic violence is domestic violence. This was a divorce in which, you claim, you were screwed.

Rather than "blame the system", did you learn anything? Apparently not. Rather than do, which might involve you learning something about yourself, you want to externalize everything, claim the universe hates you and sit in the corner and sulk. All that proves is not that the game is rigged, but that you are incapable of insight and learning.

Fuck you. If everyone was like you we would still be making day beds in the trees and getting eaten by leopards, you sad case.
For the most part , yes.

But no, the 'system' shouldn't just leave a loaded gun lying around, esp when it is attached to bonbons and other goodies for both men and women to use to screw each other over by being the first to file and the first to cry abuse.
Default joint custody (where kids are involved) or (where kids are involved as an alternative) making the dissolution of a marriage 'fault based' would help. Kids are generally better off in intact families in all but the most high conflict or abusive marriages. Limiting alimony (as most states now do) and/or making prenups harder to break would help.

In short, I do think marriage is broken and it's a perfectly legitimate MGTOW tactic to avoid it if you want. If the people who claim to care about marriage (but mostly fight gays getting the right to marry)are forced to notice, they might actually try to do something about it.

And no, that doesn't go against your points that:
A. Sometimes MGTOW whine too much.
B. Some MGTOW downright hate women.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

another lurker wrote:
I'm enjoying it.

[youtube]fMb-uuXHnQUyoutube]
Amazing. I hope these guys have the love of their team and school, I'll go and read about them.
I think they are great.

More power to them.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

A good article (yes, occasionally one sneaks through!) at The Spearhead that describes the three main ideologies of the 'manosphere' just in case it might help anyone here who is a bit confused by the all the babble from that sector of the internet.

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2013/06/19 ... anosphere/

I'm mostly an equalist with a bit of individualism thrown in. The only 'traditionalist' part I have is that I know that biology plays a role in how 'gender roles' evolved between group 'men' and group 'women'. I suspect all but the most ideological are a mixture as well.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

FEELFREE400.jpg
(121.94 KiB) Downloaded 263 times

welch

Re: Paul the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by welch »

Satan wrote:
welch wrote:This is what I try to tell people who get all worried. Once you get about a meter away from FTB and Skepchicks, they don't exist. They don't have any influence outside of their own little cultoids,
I'm skeptical of that. Much of the left-leaning American blogosphere not directly connected with skepticism or atheism accepts Watson's disingenuous narrative of harassment everywhere as an accurate description of the atheist community. FTB is a bunch of nobodies, but ask outsiders about sexism in atheism and you'll get Skepchick talking points word for word.

Watson apologists have been linked, favorably, by Paul Krugman; being in that position makes one about as main stream as anything is on the left side of the American political spectrum. Krugman wasn't endorsing Watson's narrative, but the fact that he reads people that do support it is damning evidence that Watson has supporters more consequential than just professors at backwater universities.

Don't forget that Watson was invited to peddle her disingenuous narrative on one of the major blog-mags (can't remember if it was Slate or Salon) and Marcotte has a substantial platform in her own right.

There's been a PR war and they've won, because they're the ones with PR training and the skills to prey on the social predilection to support a damsel in distress.
and if you go ask people who she is who aren't "involved in the movement", you MAY get a hit or two. Seriously, I actually know people not involved. Outside of a highly specific group, their influence falls quicker than a toilet-paper airplane in the rain.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Walking always brings the worry of leaks, especially when one of those mini-floods happen mid-step. Ugh.
Bullshit. As you've probably noticed I'm a bit of an expert on your "moon time" and ladies problems in general. I've seen all those adverts on the telly, so I know for a fact that when you've got the painters in the first thing you do is run out and start skateboarding/skydiving/bungee jumping.
If there's anything you need to know on the subject, just ask.
Lies, I tell you! Lies of the patriarchy. What we really do, is, we paint our menstrual-hut resort towns red by jogging, swimming and horseback riding.

Ugh, The Pit jinxed me this morning, or so I'd think if I believed stuff like that. You see, after all that talk about wishing for menopause, I went to the bathroom and... SURPRISE!!! My wished-for menopause is not here yet. :x
well it's a good thing that synchronised cycles between women is a fallacy, or else the pit might get a bit tetchy for a week every month.
When younger and naiver, any and all accidentally coinciding periods were "omg, we're synchronizing because we hang out or live together!"

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Mykeru wrote:
FEELFREE400.jpg
I'll save people the trouble of googling it: http://uk.ask.com/question/spilled-coffee-in-keyboard

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Clarence wrote:
But no, the 'system' shouldn't just leave a loaded gun lying around, esp when it is attached to bonbons and other goodies for both men and women to use to screw each other over by being the first to file and the first to cry abuse.
Default joint custody (where kids are involved) or (where kids are involved as an alternative) making the dissolution of a marriage 'fault based' would help. Kids are generally better off in intact families in all but the most high conflict or abusive marriages. Limiting alimony (as most states now do) and/or making prenups harder to break would help.
You want someone to be able to marry someone, anyone really, have kids and all that good stuff, but the state should also make sure that there are no consequences to them for poor choices?

Sounds like a plan.

I mean, you can say "no, I don't mean that" but, okay, it comes down to who you marry. Choose wisely. And if you don't choose to marry a woman wisely, think of something else than claiming it's the state, marriage and women in general who are at fault.

Really, I'm serious here: If you marry a woman who turns around and tags you with a domestic violence charge because she can, then I feel all the sympathy in the world, but I really have to question your vetting process.

Oh, wait, I failed to figure in that you can't choose a woman wisely because they are like those Bunraku puppets that look like a beautiful maiden, but then their heads split open into a fanged demon. Silly fucking me.

Or maybe it's just that red pills are a hell of a drug.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:
and if you go ask people who she is who aren't "involved in the movement", you MAY get a hit or two. Seriously, I actually know people not involved. Outside of a highly specific group, their influence falls quicker than a toilet-paper airplane in the rain.
I'll just re-post one of Ape + Lust's best, which is highly relevant here:

http://i.imgur.com/lODAS.jpg

cunt

Post by cunt »

Mykeru wrote:
FEELFREE400.g
Hah. That's almost as funny as the fact that "Paul Elam is a retard" still counts as recent, shocking, news from your perspective.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

cunt wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
FEELFREE400.g
Hah. That's almost as funny as the fact that "Paul Elam is a retard" still counts as recent, shocking, news from your perspective.
No, mostly I dealt with John the Other. I mostly ignored Elam and the Tuesday radio show he did. I also...

Oh hell, have another drink and shut the fuck up.

welch

Post by welch »

katamari Damassi wrote:Really, really bored with this hammering with a screwdriver discussion.
New topic! What do people think about the American Medical Association declaring obesity to be a disease?
McEwan at Shakesville declares it "eliminationist', so are we going to see US government fat camps? On the plus side, think of all the soap and lampshades they could make.
When McEwan is in the hospital for complications related to diabetes caused by her being unable to even comprehend a healthy lifestyle, much less live one, ask her how she feels about being so fucking obese then.

I say this as someone who has fought a weight problem since 4th grade. If I am not *rigidly* careful about what I eat, I tend to hover at 30 or so pounds over what I should be, and that's with regular exercise. I lose weight slowly, I gain it back slowly, which is of little help. An allergy to the most common vegetables is of less help.

So, instead of bitching about fat shaming, I exercise, and do my best to keep track of what goes in my piehole. I love "My Fitness Pal", it's a great application to keep track of such things. I understand that sometimes, shit just happens, but I will at least be able to say I didn't play russian roulette with my health. I rather enjoy my time with Melissa, my son, our pets, and my friends & family. I'm selfish enough about that time to do the reasonable things to extend it as long as I can.

I think it is very wrong to say an overweight person is a BAD person, but there is nothing wrong with pointing out that being 50 or more lbs overweight, not being able to see your own privates without a mirror, or even your fucking feet is unhealthy. There's no debate on this. Being that overweight will kill you early, and it won't be pleasant getting there.

If it means I limit myself to one donut a week, and my PB&J sammiches are not the glorious chokers of old, then so be it.

If McEwan thinks she's in okay shape, I've a walking tour of S.F. and Berkeley that will change her mind. Just walking up that fucking hill on Berkeley's campus would do it. (Sacha should know the hill of which I speak.) Fuck, just walk her from Union Square down to the baseball stadium and back and see if she's not in need of supplemental O2. I don't mean some kind of olympic race pace, just a normal briskish walk that anyone in a city like S.F. would use to get from point A to point B.

This isn't about shaming. It's about not needing a fucking wheelchair to go shopping because your legs and lungs can't support your fat ass.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Mykeru wrote:
cunt wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
FEELFREE400.g
No, mostly I dealt with John the Other. I mostly ignored Elam and the Tuesday radio show he did. I also...

Oh hell, have another drink and shut the fuck up.
I will then. What the hell.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote: I'll just re-post one of Ape + Lust's best, which is highly relevant here:

I've only just noticed that the picture omits auntie Feefles. Why, oh why must you harass her Ape + Lust?

welch

Post by welch »

Mykeru wrote:
Fucking idiot.

I think my ex-wife is such an asshole, I won't even be in the same state. But the divorce was handled like we were fucking grownups. No lawyers, egos set aside, it was a business decision, and we made it without trying to screw anyone over. The only point of contention was *a* cat, and even that was settled after actual discussion.

It is entirely possible to not get fucked over by a divorce. Don't marry someone with a vindictive streak in the first place.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
codelette wrote:Ugh. I have never being able to imagine myself as a sexual being while bleeding like a stabbed victim.
I even hate walking while on my period. The feeling of clots going doing is extremely uncomfortable to me.
That said, my periods right now are not that bad. My sis has some fibroids and is like a massacre whenever she's bleeding.
She's scheduled for an hysterectomy next month. No Fluevogs involved.
Walking always brings the worry of leaks, especially when one of those mini-floods happen mid-step. Ugh.
truly what the fuck. Except for some primates, (and bats?), most mammals have "covert menstruation" where the endometrium is completely reabsorbed by the animal. We can create a fucking cat that glows in the dark, but can't genetically engineer human covert menstruation.
I thought covert menstruation was making sure that the pad isn't visible through one's pants!
I don't know how the fuck you wear those things, I remember at eleven, (when I used pads for maybe three months until I said fuck this, and went directly to tampons), feeling like I was wearing a nappy, and they are known for flipping so the adhesive that is supposed to hold it in place on one's knickers, ends up stuck to one's hair, which obviously is a barrel of laughs when trying to disengage yourself from the pad. Fucking hell, isn't the bleeding itself bad enough?
I don't like tampons for several reasons which I'll spare everyone the TMI on, but yeah, pads can be annoying too. A period or two ago, I made the mistake of putting on my underwear on (with a pad already attached to it) inside out by accident, leaving the pad face down away from me and underneath. I luckily caught it in time. That could have gotten me into quite a mess.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

I fail to see how you can make this shit up ... oh wait, he just made that shit up!
Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 11.22.22 AM.png
(89.67 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
http://skepticon.org/skepticon-says-goo ... a-sponsor/

welch

Post by welch »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Feh - ignore me. I'm more than a bit cranky as I've been working my ass off at a new job and oDesk has managed to fuck things up for me so I can't withdraw my last paycheck.

I should just keep my thoughts to myself when I get cranky. Sorry all.
no apology needed. It's a welcome break from the extended special edition remix of "Guy Love".

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

welch wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Fucking idiot.

I think my ex-wife is such an asshole, I won't even be in the same state. But the divorce was handled like we were fucking grownups. No lawyers, egos set aside, it was a business decision, and we made it without trying to screw anyone over. The only point of contention was *a* cat, and even that was settled after actual discussion.

It is entirely possible to not get fucked over by a divorce. Don't marry someone with a vindictive streak in the first place.
When my parents divorced my mom gave my dad 12k (half the value of the house) and didn't ask for child support.

She even insisted I visit him (even though I hated it) because she didn't want me to be estranged from my dad.

But hey, zomg, women are evil conniving bitches out to screw men in divorce.

ALL OF THEM ALL OF THE TIME.

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:
welch wrote:
I'll just re-post one of Ape + Lust's best, which is highly relevant here:

Ape + Lust could have stopped at that one, and he'd still win the award for "Best 'Pit 'Shop EVAR"

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:I fail to see how you can make this shit up ... oh wait, he just made that shit up!
He demands evidence, then gives an evidence-free anecdote as "proof". But that's all good, because he was there, amirite? I'm sure he remembers attendees screaming and fainting in the aisles while Lindsay talked, too.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

welch wrote: Ape + Lust could have stopped at that one, and he'd still win the award for "Best 'Pit 'Shop EVAR"
Absolutely. Not only is it my favorite, it's the one that made me finally resolve to learn how to do that shit. Maybe in a couple of decades I'll be that good. Oh, who am I kidding. It'll never happen :lol:

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote:
FEELFREE400.jpg
David Cameron fucking Rystefn with the body of a woman is not exactly what I was picturing

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

Ugh, The Pit jinxed me this morning, or so I'd think if I believed stuff like that. You see, after all that talk about wishing for menopause, I went to the bathroom and... SURPRISE!!! My wished-for menopause is not here yet. :x
Would a theme song for your stubbornly persistent menses help?

[youtube]r21Qza6vadU[/youtube]
No, nothing'll help until the menopause fairy visits me, but I do appreciate the offer. :)

sacha

Post by sacha »

sacha wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
FEELFREE400.jpg
David Cameron fucking Rystefn with the body of a woman is not exactly what I was picturing

okay, the way I wrote that, makes it very funny. David Cameron is fucking Rystefn with what woman? And how the fuck does she fit?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Mykeru wrote:
FEELFREE400.jpg
It's the enlarged nipples that really sell it.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Fucking idiot.

I had a relationship with a bona fide Borderline Personality. She was tall, beautiful (looked like Katherine Hepburn) superficially charming and essentially the bright shiny thing.

But I knew her long enough to see the vindictive streak come out, to see all the red flags of her dark side.

So I didn't marry her.

That really, really pissed her off. More vindictive games followed. Eventually I realized there were no half-measure, no being friends, no caring when she was down. I just had to cut her completely out of my life and not look back.

That's a person, not a gender and this idea that "well, all women will if given half a chance" is such horseshit.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

bovarchist wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
FEELFREE400.jpg
It's the enlarged nipples that really sell it.
Tranny

sacha

Post by sacha »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

Would a theme song for your stubbornly persistent menses help?

[youtube]r21Qza6vadU[/youtube]
I like Shirley Manson. here is a particularly frightening song:

[youtube]MnCPNCFJk4c[/youtube]

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Mykeru wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
You guys want to know what I do when I'm having sad-panda days, as it always makes me laugh? I simply consider Mykeru's constant boo-hooing over what MGTOW's and AVfM are doing [with his unwavering defense of WoolyBumbleBee in mind] along with Mykeru's Law.

The surge of laughter that I get is unmatched! :lol:
Mykeru's Law does not equal MGTOW. Unless, of course, you accept the premise that the feminist carpetbaggers are representative of women in general. Very, very few things equals MGTOW. The irrelevancy of the "the game is rigged, poor me" MGTOW circle-jerk is profound.
It's "feminists" now, is it? This is how it looked, last I saw it:

"As any progressive movement grows and achieves success, the probability of it being co-opted by women who want to make it all about their vagina approaches 1."

Has it been updated? If it has, then my bad. I mean, it'll loose some relevance, and I'll still laugh at you, but at least it'll be for different reasons, right? As for your characterization of the MGTOW circle-jerk, one of the guys who came to me to criticize MGTOW on twitter recently characterized it as a bunch of dude-bro's boasting about not being duped into marriage. I was going to say "I wonder which is true?", but that'd be a false dichotomy...
Also, you MGTOWs were constantly provoking Wooly BumbleBee. Her big mistake was giving you the reaction you wanted so you could dogpile her. Did she totally lose the plot? You bet she did. However, that doesn't make you clowns any more right either. And it doesn't make Paul Elam any less P.Z. Myer's stunt double.
LOL. Y'know, I don't remember the popular Youtube MGTOW's giving a fuck about WBB until she went all silly and began trying to call the shots [which, hilariously, was actually pretty early on], then went full-retard and started telling certain elements to get out of a movement she pretty much knew nothing about. I don't understand what this "doesn't make you any right either" is about, although some had hunches about WBB that turned out right, so those individuals would be right in at least those things. As for Elam, why bring him up? Elam doesn't even like guys like me. We don't make good little soldiers, he's said it several times before. As I pointed out a long time ago here in the pit, I don't take marching orders from AVfM, so if you can manage it, please address me on the things I've done and said...

As an aside: What's up with you defending WBB so much anyhow? It makes it seem like you've got a really bad blindspot when it comes to her. When you came barking at me because of something as benign as "I think she means well, but she's really not cut out for the job [men's rights]", it makes you look pretty silly, dude.
I got tired of your "You can't understand unless you believe" ruby-slipper clicking Red Pill horseshit. What it comes down to is that you fuckers have found an ideological framework, a sociological conspiracy theory, to explain your personal failings.
I'm not sure what you're talking about here. If it's related to something I said, please bring it up, and I'll clarify for you if needed. I understand that a lot can be left to the imagination when one is limited to 140 characters and people are intent on not giving what you're saying a charitable reading. ;) [No citation needed either, though, if I didn't say it, and I say I didn't, you might need to point to specific examples.]
Yes, I know guys get screwed here and screwed there and in the courts, but oddly enough, it seems that the most RedMenz MGTOW haven't had that personal experience, so something else is going on. Probably the guy equivalent of the burning hipster fem anger over being denied the Malibu Barbie Dream House as a kid.
That's a pretty strange line of thinking. I mean, if your personal philosophy is that one should feel the burn first hand in order to not be down with something, then that's more than fine, but why criticize others for not wanting to feel the burn first hand? We all set our own risk tolerance, right?
And you get more snide and condescending than a greased evangelical when anyone points out that it's probably you, and not "the system" that is lacking.
No idea what any of this means either.
Now, be a good boy and fuck off.
Right away, Mr. Mykeru, sir! http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... w_down.gif

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... /rofl2.gif

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

JackRayner wrote:As for your characterization of the MGTOW circle-jerk, one of the guys who came to me to criticize MGTOW on twitter recently characterized it as a bunch of dude-bro's boasting about not being duped into marriage.
Hi.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Metalogic42 wrote:
JackRayner wrote:As for your characterization of the MGTOW circle-jerk, one of the guys who came to me to criticize MGTOW on twitter recently characterized it as a bunch of dude-bro's boasting about not being duped into marriage.
Hi.
Howdy-ho! :hankey:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

JackRayner wrote: It's "feminists" now, is it? This is how it looked, last I saw it:

"As any progressive movement grows and achieves success, the probability of it being co-opted by women who want to make it all about their vagina approaches 1."

Has it been updated?
You thought I was actually trying to establish a "law"? I was making a joke.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Lsuoma wrote:I've only just noticed that the picture omits auntie Feefles. Why, oh why must you harass her Ape + Lust?
I'll make it up to her...

http://i.imgur.com/dOIBzVx.jpg

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

welch wrote: I think my ex-wife is such an asshole, I won't even be in the same state. But the divorce was handled like we were fucking grownups. No lawyers, egos set aside, it was a business decision, and we made it without trying to screw anyone over. The only point of contention was *a* cat, and even that was settled after actual discussion.

I've heard that some divorce lawyers fuel the fire so that an amicable divorce turns into WW111 and increase their take

Voryn

Post by Voryn »

FrankGrimes wrote:Ok, the world is against me. After spending two days building a computer for my son I can't d/l Gimp. Thought I'd d/l a proper installer but looks like it's just a plugin add on or something

Basket of lynx anyone?
I know you already got a link but I recommend this site after any rebuild/reformat/etc

http://ninite.com/

It's an extremely awesome basket of links.

(apologies if this has been posted, I have like 4 pages still to read up on, ya spammas!)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:I fail to see how you can make this shit up ... oh wait, he just made that shit up!

I expect that is a reasonable description of his own experiences and those in his immediate vicinity. Whether that corresponds to everyone’s experiences is probably debatable. You have some other eye-witness accounts that would contradict his?

Whig

Post by Whig »

Satan wrote:
welch wrote:This is what I try to tell people who get all worried. Once you get about a meter away from FTB and Skepchicks, they don't exist. They don't have any influence outside of their own little cultoids,
I'm skeptical of that. Much of the left-leaning American blogosphere not directly connected with skepticism or atheism accepts Watson's disingenuous narrative of harassment everywhere as an accurate description of the atheist community. FTB is a bunch of nobodies, but ask outsiders about sexism in atheism and you'll get Skepchick talking points word for word.

Watson apologists have been linked, favorably, by Paul Krugman; being in that position makes one about as main stream as anything is on the left side of the American political spectrum. Krugman wasn't endorsing Watson's narrative, but the fact that he reads people that do support it is damning evidence that Watson has supporters more consequential than just professors at backwater universities.

Don't forget that Watson was invited to peddle her disingenuous narrative on one of the major blog-mags (can't remember if it was Slate or Salon) and Marcotte has a substantial platform in her own right.

There's been a PR war and they've won, because they're the ones with PR training and the skills to prey on the social predilection to support a damsel in distress.

Good point, Satan. As evidence, here is a Daily Kos article about the Lindsay/WIS thing with the "HE DIDN'T EVEN SAY WELCOME!!!" talking point in full bloom. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/0 ... come-Women

And given how baboons with throw out "librotards" at the drop of a hat I think if any sustained help is in the offing for the FTBullies it'll come from the new media left.

sacha

Post by sacha »

BarnOwl wrote:
WTF is eliminationism? Does it involve laxatives?

One of the minor consequences of increasing obesity in the US is that there are fewer cadavers available for medical education and research. Can't use bodies that won't fit in the tanks. Some are already so heavy that it's difficult to push down the levers to raise the platform they're on within the tank.

there is something seriously wrong with that.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Gefan wrote:
cunt wrote:
Gefan wrote:
cunt wrote:
Not boring at all to me, but I think I may have just heard Steersman's head hitting his desk. :lol:

The good news - I'm actually familiar with about 90% of what you provided above, so we are on pretty solid ground between us. I've seen first hand the effects here in the US of oil prices and your figures are spot on. Once the local price at the pump hits $4 a gallon the economy cycles downward again, so yes - we have already hit the upper limit of the oil/economy relationship.
Try $8.39 a gallon in the UK. $4 a gallon is not your upper limit (unfortunately).
The economies and societies are configured differently. Comutes are shorter in the UK. Transportation distances are much shorter. The US is essentially designed on the premise of oil at not more than $20 a barrel.
The only thing that makes the UK potentially even more vulnerabke than the US would be its level of household debt which was even higher the last time I checked.

I agree with that, but I don't think $4 is in any way a limit. People might have to change their situations (like moving closer to work) or significantly cut back on luxuries, but that's not really the same thing as making it economically unbearable.
There's some truth in that but a great many people in the US can't move because of the state of the housing market.
Most American families live paycheck to paycheck. There is no margin in those household budgets for a few hundred more dollars a month on gas.
When they start having to choose between energy (and food) and paying their mortgages what do you think that's going to do to the husk of banking system?
The country is so spread out that there's not much you can do about transportation costs. The average item in a US salad bar has traveled several thousand miles to get there. You could potentially change that by growing much more food locally - US suburbs are awash in wasted land (ie lawns) but idiotic land use restrictions prevent people from growing crops within neighborhoods.
Political sclerosis in America at every level makes solutions to this impossible. The country can't even renovate its existing rail network.
Of course I get dragged away by RL just as it gets more interesting...

Anyway, to clarify for cunt, $4 per gallon isn't an upper limit in the US other than it is the trigger for an economic slowdown. As Gefan illustrates in the bolded bit above, *everything* in the US is designed around cheap, long distance transportation. I think it was James Kunstler who coined the phrase 'three thousand mile salad'. Our system is incredibly inefficient and wasteful. We've gotten away with it this long because we were able to access really cheap fuel for a long time. It wasn't until the recent confluence of peak output and increased foreign demand/competition that the cracks started to show in the whole concept when suddenly the fuel wasn't so cheap anymore. Of course we are way too committed to the entire enterprise to change easily at this point, even if the general public wanted to (which they don't).

Aside from very real infrastructure concerns, a major issue is American car culture. American social status is very closely tied to the worth of the car you drive. In my neighborhood there is a section of low-income rentals. It is not unusual to see the men who live there driving a Mercedes or Lexus worth several years worth of rent. It nothing short of terminally stupid, but the keep-up-with-the-Jones' culture runs deep here and the debt load many people carry to support this idiocy is massive.

I happen to be very much an anomaly in that I use mass transportation (train) to commute to work and ride a recumbent trike around town. I own a medium sized SUV that I visit on weekends and is used for delivering work to clients and art shows, which I can't do by train or trike. In a former job, I commuted by bike 30 miles a day. I would love to be able to do that again, but my standard American suburban lifestyle requires a 45 mile trip into the city five days a week. My SUV is 12 years old with 115k miles on it, well below American average. If the US population lived as sensibly as I do (zero debt load) the economy would be nowhere near so robust, but we would also be at less risk of a catastrophic collapse.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Also, today on the Atheist Experience FB page on a story about the death of the namesake of the Lemon Test I wrote that this was the kind of activism that was needed and not boycotts on secular groups for trivial reasons. The responses that were thrown back tried to frame the issue in the old and worn out paradigm of Conservative/Liberal split in American politics.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

sacha wrote:
I like Shirley Manson. here is a particularly frightening song:

[youtube]MnCPNCFJk4c[/youtube]
Dayum! That was freaking awesome. I'm covered in goosebumps!

Yeah, that one definitely gets added to the music collection.