Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
windy

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by windy »

whocares wrote: Karla, your feelings of diminutives were not the topic of the post. The issue is the question of your dishonesty about not knowing that "Ophie" would be deemed as an unwanted diminutive due to your lack of familiarity with Ophelia. Can you be that clueless to not know this would be taken as a slight? Is that what you want to admit to save face, that you're just a dolt? Rock and a hard place, I guess, when you're trying to take the moral high ground and you're rolling in ooze.

You showed that you would rather double down on you being totally socially unaware about what false familiarity means. If your pals at the pit weren't so blinkered they'd see it for the transparent bullshit it was, not some noble reaching across the aisle they purport it to be.
I might see the transparent bullshit if I knew what the hell either of you were talking about

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

cunt wrote:
Be a #bravehero.
I can't be the only person who cringes at reading this.
Somebody has to stand up to the crazy cat ladies. Don't underestimate the bravery required.

minime

Post by minime »

whocares wrote:RE: Karla's Notpology:
Reading the word "notpology", I wonder what the "a" in "apology" stands for.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Uh oh, she's upset at the OB tampon reference. Hahahahah. Funny, that...

On my 14th birthday, my present was my first period (yay! now get lost, period, I'm sick of you). My mother asked me if I wanted to try pads or tampons and offered to buy me some. I asked for the tampons and she brought me the worst ones possible. They were OB brand, and they HAD NO APPLICATOR! That meant that I had to make sure my hands were clean BEFORE using the bathroom, because they required that one shove them up oneself with one's fingers! That was a hassle enough, but worse was if I needed to use a public washroom, since AFTER shoving the tampon up, if there was a bit of blood on my finger, I had to make sure others didn't see it when I went from the stall to the sinks or while I was washing that off. Worst tampons ever. Pads are better for one's parts anyways, but if you do go the tampon route, make sure they have applicators!

tl;dr I do NOT recommend OB brand of tampons, or OB brand of blogs. :lol:
Eew, eew, shut up, shut up! We don't want to hear about your filthy womens stuff, this is why we consider you all to be unclean. Perhaps you have to deal with your disgusting bodies, but there is no need to soil our manly ears with it.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

It read more like a 'get over it' than an apology or acknowledgment of wrong-doing. Like, 'I'm totally appeasing you by doing this and you should be grateful, why can't you be more like me since I'm not affected by this?'

Karla, your feelings of diminutives were not the topic of the post. The issue is the question of your dishonesty about not knowing that "Ophie" would be deemed as an unwanted diminutive due to your lack of familiarity with Ophelia. Can you be that clueless to not know this would be taken as a slight? Is that what you want to admit to save face, that you're just a dolt? Rock and a hard place, I guess, when you're trying to take the moral high ground and you're rolling in ooze.

You showed that you would rather double down on you being totally socially unaware about what false familiarity means. If your pals at the pit weren't so blinkered they'd see it for the transparent bullshit it was, not some noble reaching across the aisle they purport it to be. Your only alternative, I guess, now, is the one where you get the comfortable lies told to you, that Ophelia was being totally unreasonable, and you're not clueless, and you're totally taking the moral high ground. If that's what you want, stay at the pit, or at least stop making a pretense to amelioration. That's just showing your low opinion of our intelligence. So... basically, what could you possibly have to say to Ophelia besides "I'm sorry" and why didn't you approach it that way? If you just wanted to build a pre-burnt bridge you might as well stay in the pit with the rest of the detritus.
:lol: go home pineapple

JAB

Post by JAB »

codelette wrote:Double down sounds like a fast food combo upgrade.

"Sir, will like to double down your order and get large fries and soda?"
They changed their name to Ebb First then Flow, but this version of double down quick was when they still called themselves Hot Bitch Arsenal:

[youtube]9e8KZu5QfOA[/youtube]

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

bhoytony wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

On my 14th birthday, my present was my first period (yay! now get lost, period, I'm sick of you). My mother asked me if I wanted to try pads or tampons and offered to buy me some. I asked for the tampons and she brought me the worst ones possible. They were OB brand, and they HAD NO APPLICATOR! That meant that I had to make sure my hands were clean BEFORE using the bathroom, because they required that one shove them up oneself with one's fingers! That was a hassle enough, but worse was if I needed to use a public washroom, since AFTER shoving the tampon up, if there was a bit of blood on my finger, I had to make sure others didn't see it when I went from the stall to the sinks or while I was washing that off. Worst tampons ever. Pads are better for one's parts anyways, but if you do go the tampon route, make sure they have applicators!

Eew, eew, shut up, shut up! We don't want to hear about your filthy womens stuff, this is why we consider you all to be unclean. Perhaps you have to deal with your disgusting bodies, but there is no need to soil our manly ears with it.
I used to work with over 70 women, and most of them had a crazy story about their fist period. Sometimes it's nice to be a guy... you know, when your not being accused of being a misogynystic potential rapist :lol:

Git

Post by Git »

bhoytony wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

Manly ears eh?

There once was a man from Nantucket
Whose dick was so long he could suck it.
And he said with a grin
As he wiped off his chin,
"If my ear were a cunt, I would fuck it."

Git

Post by Git »

Maximus wrote: I used to work with over 70 women, and most of them had a crazy story about their fist period.
Have all the women in my life not been telling me something?

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

AndrewV69 wrote:I speak say bad wurds:

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/03 ... ent-196175
doubtthat, #453 " Ah yes, this must be why you call black people the N-word. After all, they use it with each other. I’m sure you do this on a regular basis."

I think I see where you are coming from. So I am going to rephrase it to ensure that you understand what I am "seeing" as your perspective.

You, and others like you, see words like "cunt" to be as offensive as words like "nigger" and therefore as a "decent human being" one should refrain from saying it lest you give the impression that you are not.

I hope this is an accurate representation of what you said.

Speaking for myself, and only for myself, I personally have no aversion to using any of the above words. I also could care less if you, or someone like you formed a negative impression of me, and people like me, if I also used words like "spic", "chink", and "honky".

I also suspect, that the continued use of the word "cunt" in the Slymepit is precisely because everyone "knows" that you, and people like you, find it so offensive and the majority of them do not, because of the culture they grew up in, where it is quite often a gender neutral term of affection, or mild insult depending on the context or any other reason.

I believe I could argue that calling a woman a "cow" rather than a "cunt" in certain locality would be actually a much more serious offence for example. Try it on a ladette and let me know how that works out for you. Hint, if you get glassed for calling her a cow I take no responsibility.

Furthermore, it is usually the mark of an American to get upset of the usage, so I would hazard a guess that the chance to upset an American and your rather quaint cultural worldview may have something to do with it. It is way too much of a tempting and juicy target to pass up.

On the other hand, use of the word nigger is probably an unambiguous racial slur unless it is used in the right context, for example by one nigger to another, or in other circumstances that do not readily come to my mind at the moment. Although I am reminded of that hilarious incident where Samuel Jackson:

_http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iv-drip/sa ... 38154.html
"goaded a white interviewer into saying the word, by pretending he didn't know which "n-word" the journalist was referring to.

"No? Nobody? None? The word would be...?"

(Seriously, some honkeys and their fear of appearing racist in avoiding using the word nigger have me in stitches)

Why do I not generally not call fellow Slymepitters or other people "dyke" "homo" "spic" "cracker" "breeder" "chink" "wop" "dick" "fag" and "nigger" and words like that?

Because they are not normally part of my vocabulary. Neither are words like "arsehole" "shithead" "moron" "retard" "stupid" "ugly" "fuckwit" "moron" or "scum".

On the other hand, I do know that it is more than likely that when I trot out some clearly identified MRA propaganda (because that is how I roll) I should expect some sort of spittle flecked invective from one or two of my fellow Slymepitters.

(it is kind of fun, but let us keep that between me and you)

So by now you, and people like you have taught me that the word "cunt" has the power over you, and people like you, to render you into a shrieking, fainting quivering mess of pottage.

And as I have a rather contemptuous attitude to that sort of hysterical reaction, not to mention that it tends to bring out the worst in me, where I actively have to resist the temptation to press your buttons. I sometimes just can not resist.

So that is my story. What is yours? Why have you given me such awesome power over you, that with one word I can render you, and people like you, into a shrieking puddle of goo?

You make a good point that I think is too often ignored. Language has many uses, some very damaging, but many of these folks take it all the way into "magic words" territory. I wish more SJW types would really look at their own assumptions about language and language policing.

They take the absolute worst-case scenarios that could involve negative words, and then unreasonably apply that to every situation.
Yes, if you are a black person living in a highly racist society, hearing the clearly meant hate and insult of "nigger" all day, every day for your whole life....of course that could have a very negative effect on a person or group of people. The same could be said for women having to listen to biblical pronouncements of inferiority as a huge part of their culture, or a woman in a real-world abusive relationship having "fucking whore, fucking bitch!!!!!" screamed at her all the time.

But to pretend that every individual person's individual use of "nigger" or "cunt" or "bitch" or any word is automatically on par with the bigoted and hateful uses outlined above is ridiculous. The words stop being words and become magical talismans in their minds. Powerful symbols of oppression, even when nobody is being oppressed. Then word policing becomes a group loyalty signifier, one of the same ways racists and bigots use such language to begin with. They become like clerics self-righteously damning people for blasphemy, with just as little a sense of reality behind their ideas.

It's all so "through the looking glass", yet they can't see how silly they are.....fucking pathetic, really.

Bitcho, Twatgina, Mandingo, Mangina! Niggerly Chinklets all held in my thrall!
Bitches be crazy, niggers be lazy, my Magic Words have power over you ALL!!!

Hocus Pocus, Honkie Ponkie,
Asshole licki my salaami!

Abracuntabra!!!!!!

Did I turn anyone into a newt victim?

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

cunt wrote:
Be a #bravehero.

It was mildly annoying when I first read it, but I take with a heavy dose of sarcasm. I assume it's in good fun, not a sense of martyrdom.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

bhoytony wrote: Eew, eew, shut up, shut up! We don't want to hear about your filthy womens stuff, this is why we consider you all to be unclean. Perhaps you have to deal with your disgusting bodies, but there is no need to soil our manly ears with it.
Perhaps you just need some advice on the subject...

[youtube]xywzX8IGfbQ[/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ReneeHendricks wrote:And by "buy" I mean "guy". Yeah. Vodka shots fuck with keys :D

All the best wishes, as always.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

minime wrote:
Androphobe?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

tina wrote:
Submariner wrote:
debaser71 wrote:IMO the conversation over at Michael Nugent's blog are getting all caught up in bad words. Where's the talk of how FTB and Pharyngula routinely drove their fellow atheists and skeptics away by calling them misogynists for daring to not buy into gender feminism dogma? Don't fall into the trap.
I also saw many instances of the "kafkatrap". Thanks to Jack for his link to an excellent description thereof.
Can you post it again please tincanman :?: thanks.. :popcorn:
Nearly the whole premise of the FtB Rad Fem crowd is based on it http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2122

It opens up many other logical fallacies such as guilt by association, appeal to emotion, strawmanning etc.

It's the prime reason I do not consider them rationalists, they have no interest in evidence (it is common they do not link to sources, a trick Nugent did)and when they do they misrepresent it (quote out of context or impart meaning simply not supported..as Nugent did yet again)

Erik is a good example, I asked 3 times for evidence and all I got was tweeting birds, he did not even reply to my posts.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

minime wrote:
Do you want the dictionary version or the FfTB approved version?

For me it just means no belief in pologies.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

BarnOwl wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Don't know if that works, but still. Thanks Pit!

https://soundcloud.com/phil-giordana-fcd
Fucking A1 Phil. You have made us sound epic and dignified, all in one. I'm sensing a Pyt Opera coming next.
Come over to the Pyt side - we have Phil's music and piranha cartoons.

:dance:
Phil, that was awesome. I'm thinking soundtrack to a dramatic Rocko video. :clap:

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Holy twenty gallons of crazy in a ten gallon bucket. I'm away for a week and there's dozens of pages. No way am I gonna catch up. I can just assume the usual shenanigans...

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

cunt wrote:
Be a #bravehero.
Same here. Don't know why, but the phrase/title just creeps me out. Sorry Justin. It just rings false to me, kind of like 'Patriot Act'.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

decius wrote:
cunt wrote:
Be a #bravehero.
They are Merkins. They have Batman and a bunch of leotard-wearing fairies looking over their shoulders.
Don't you go dissin' on no Batman! :naughty:

I grew up on that comic rag. Good times, good times...

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Maximus wrote: I used to work with over 70 women, and most of them had a crazy story about their fist period. Sometimes it's nice to be a guy... you know, when your not being accused of being a misogynystic potential rapist :lol:
"Fist period"? I'm afraid to ask what that is... :D

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

It read more like a 'get over it' than an apology or acknowledgment of wrong-doing. Like, 'I'm totally appeasing you by doing this and you should be grateful, why can't you be more like me since I'm not affected by this?'

Karla, your feelings of diminutives were not the topic of the post. The issue is the question of your dishonesty about not knowing that "Ophie" would be deemed as an unwanted diminutive due to your lack of familiarity with Ophelia. Can you be that clueless to not know this would be taken as a slight? Is that what you want to admit to save face, that you're just a dolt? Rock and a hard place, I guess, when you're trying to take the moral high ground and you're rolling in ooze.

You showed that you would rather double down on you being totally socially unaware about what false familiarity means. If your pals at the pit weren't so blinkered they'd see it for the transparent bullshit it was, not some noble reaching across the aisle they purport it to be. Your only alternative, I guess, now, is the one where you get the comfortable lies told to you, that Ophelia was being totally unreasonable, and you're not clueless, and you're totally taking the moral high ground. If that's what you want, stay at the pit, or at least stop making a pretense to amelioration. That's just showing your low opinion of our intelligence. So... basically, what could you possibly have to say to Ophelia besides "I'm sorry" and why didn't you approach it that way? If you just wanted to build a pre-burnt bridge you might as well stay in the pit with the rest of the detritus.
Fishing for more victim points to cash in?

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

An utterly baffling layout decision at the Mankato (Minn.) Free Press has resulted in what, by most accounts, may be the most unfortunate article headline in print journalism history.

Here's a picture of the headline. Story link below the picture.

http://www.alstefanelli.com/rapefruit.jpg

Story here.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Holy twenty gallons of crazy in a ten gallon bucket. I'm away for a week and there's dozens of pages. No way am I gonna catch up. I can just assume the usual shenanigans...
Sweet avatar pic! Best yet.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Zenspace wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Fucking A1 Phil. You have made us sound epic and dignified, all in one. I'm sensing a Pyt Opera coming next.
Come over to the Pyt side - we have Phil's music and piranha cartoons.

:dance:
Phil, that was awesome. I'm thinking soundtrack to a dramatic Rocko video. :clap:
Agreed. Phil, that was lovely. #Bravo

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

welch wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
welch wrote:
Without seeing it, it's hard to say. When you boot off the CDs, if you go into Disk Utility, (available from the menu bar), does Disk Utility see the drive?

If so, you probably just have to partition it to HFS+ instead of NTFS or FAT.
No it doesn't show up on Disk Utility.
Wait! Never mind. When I restarted it showed up! I did the partition as you suggested and everything seems to be working.
Thanks Welch.
Oh goodshit, glad to have been able to help I was hoping your computer would totally die, you cunt.
Fixed that for you. Start acting all nice like that and Justin Vacula, the Slymepit owner, might ban you (happens all the time, Opheliar told me).

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Apples wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Holy twenty gallons of crazy in a ten gallon bucket. I'm away for a week and there's dozens of pages. No way am I gonna catch up. I can just assume the usual shenanigans...
Thanks! This was taken a couple days ago. New pic, old hat. Wifey bought this for me about twelve years ago. Made of leather. This hat's been stepped on, soaked, frozen and blown off my head from the back of a pickup truck on an Interstate (don't ask).

It's the difference between a twenty-dollar hat and a two-hundred-dollar hat. This is my absolute favorite, and I've got a closet shelf full of hats.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Apples wrote:
Indeed, lookin' sweet Al! We've had some extra good shenanigans the last few days. Ted Nugent did something bad in Ireland and the Pyt dog piled him for the main high point of interest. :D

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

nippletwister wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/4yQHxRM.jpg

Again, Ophelia thinks she knows what others are thinking and is right while others are wrong.

Interesting...that. So much for LISTEN TO THE WOMEN, checking privileges, and the link.

I don't know much about tampons, but they both sound like good ways to get a lot of sand in one's vagina.
That sounds like a very unpleasant thing to do to one's vagina, but it would explain a few things about her writing. :)

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Apples wrote:
Thanks! This was taken a couple days ago. New pic, old hat. Wifey bought this for me about twelve years ago. Made of leather. This hat's been stepped on, soaked, frozen and blown off my head from the back of a pickup truck on an Interstate (don't ask).

It's the difference between a twenty-dollar hat and a two-hundred-dollar hat. This is my absolute favorite, and I've got a closet shelf full of hats.
It still makes you look like a fucking racist.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Al, that racist hat is pretty righteous.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

bhoytony wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

What??? I thought I was in the local menstrual hut. Pardon me. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :P

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

bhoytony wrote:

Not bad, but what it really needs is me to come in with an epic ukulele solo.
And dueling banjos.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
Apples wrote:

Of course it does. It's a 'Cowboy' hat, and everyone knows people who wear them are racist. Lmfao.

Here's a picture shortly after my wife bought it for me, and before I got all sick and shit. Fall of 2000, in North Carolina. There was a horse in this picture. Not sure why it got cropped out. I used to ride a lot.

http://www.alstefanelli.com/al_2000.jpg

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Fuck the no-edit button. Forgot to add, I've changed the band a couple times over the years, and reshaped the brim and crown a time or two, as well.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
Apples wrote:

Of course it does. It's a 'Cowboy' hat, and everyone knows people who wear them are racist. Lmfao.

Here's a picture shortly after my wife bought it for me, and before I got all sick and shit. Fall of 2000, in North Carolina. There was a horse in this picture. Not sure why it got cropped out. I used to ride a lot.

http://www.alstefanelli.com/al_2000.jpg

That must have been a small horse. Your foot touches the ground.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Scented Nectar wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

What??? I thought I was in the local menstrual hut. Pardon me. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :P
Just no touching our meat while you are unclean.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Git wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

Manly ears eh?

There once was a man from Nantucket
Whose dick was so long he could suck it.
And he said with a grin
As he wiped off his chin,
"If my ear were a cunt, I would fuck it."
Eew, eew, now you're soiling my womanly ears! Point that thing at your own ear. :lol:

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Git wrote:
Maximus wrote: I used to work with over 70 women, and most of them had a crazy story about their fist period.
Have all the women in my life not been telling me something?
Obviously they were pretty close friends, but still the stories were pretty funny or embarrassing, or both. The girls were pretty matter-O-fact about it all though. For example: one was sitting on the desk of the boy she had a crush on when it happened.

Uh (TRIGGER WARNING ) -is that how those work?

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

KiwiInOz wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

Not bad, but what it really needs is me to come in with an epic ukulele solo.
And dueling banjos.
Speaking of 'Dueling Banjo's,' the kid playing this banjo is nine fucking years old. His brother on the guitar and fiddle not much older than him.

[youtube]RFbWkL818XQ[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

cunt wrote:
Be a #bravehero.
You're not. It actually makes me nauseous. It's an embarrassment.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

decius wrote:
cunt wrote:
Be a #bravehero.
They are Merkins. They have Batman and a bunch of leotard-wearing fairies looking over their shoulders.
Fuck you

decius

Post by decius »

Zenspace wrote:

Yeah, I like some of that stuff, too, in small doses. It doesn't make the superhero culture as a whole any less ridiculous and typically American, though.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

That must have been a small horse. Your foot touches the ground.[/quote]

Perhaps someone with harrassing photoshop skillz could put the horse back between his legs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... rtmoor.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Whoops. How do I change the size of that image? Scented? Anyone? Help.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Eew, eew, shut up, shut up! We don't want to hear about your filthy womens stuff, this is why we consider you all to be unclean. Perhaps you have to deal with your disgusting bodies, but there is no need to soil our manly ears with it.
Just no touching our meat while you are unclean.
What? No groping??? Next thing you're going to tell me there's a harassment policy here! :naughty:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

If you have a registered account, please use that, don't post as a guest. If you HAVE to post as a guest, please identify which account you usually post from.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

KiwiInOz wrote:Whoops. How do I change the size of that image? Scented? Anyone? Help.
I think this is the format, but I'm not sure, since I don't remember where I got it from (this forum or some other).

Code: Select all

[img=widthxheight]url[/img]

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Well, so much for charitable readings or have those now been officially dispensed with? If so it will reduce the time required to get to the gratuitous mocking.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

KiwiInOz wrote:

That must have been a small horse. Your foot touches the ground.
Perhaps someone with harrassing photoshop skillz could put the horse back between his legs.

impossibly_large_picture_of_a_shetland_pony[/quote]

Shit, if you're gonna make me a Centaur, at least do it right:

http://www.alstefanelli.com/alcentaur.jpg

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

decius wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

Yeah, I like some of that stuff, too, in small doses. It doesn't make the superhero culture as a whole any less ridiculous and typically American, though.
True, that. It was a kid thing for me. Stopped reading the comics by the time I was about 10. It is cool to see the characters made into movies, tho. Funny, I never stopped to consider the stuff as an aspect of American culture, but then I never spent much time thinking about the subject at all, really. Just passing entertainment.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

I spent hours on that.

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

As agreed upon, here is my public apology to EllenBeth Wachs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5GgrxqYirw

The agreement was made here:

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/03 ... ent-196237

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

An interim response to Justin Vacula
by MICHAEL NUGENT on MARCH 6, 2013

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/06 ... in-vacula/

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Scented Nectar wrote:
LMU wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Check out the latest comment on Michael Nugent's blog - by The Nuge himself.

Seems that Skepsheik has proven a more effective force for progessivism than the FTBers that posted there! :lol:

A new post there too about a new moderation policy: http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/05 ... ng-policy/
This would be hilarious that they have to go clean up their past when hypocrisy is demonstrated, and with them scrambling like crazy to maintain a politically correct appearance, if it weren't for the sad side of it...

A few years ago, Nugent did some great activism in fighting the new (at the time) Irish laws against blasphemy by publishing 25 statements that would be considered blasphemy. Now, with his new feminist form of what's a bad word or blasphemous to any group, HE'S SECOND GUESSING HIS PAST ACTIVISM. He's reconsidering his past decision to publish them: Why? There is language in it that he now finds offensive. So much for free speech and the ultimate free speech test of also protecting the free speech of those you disagree with too. So much for the entire fight against the Irish Anti-Blasphemy laws too. He says:
Nevertheless, we have left them published on our website to make the point that we do not want blasphemy criminalised, even if we ourselves would not personally agree with all of the blasphemous comments that other people make.

We’ll look again at that publishing decision in light of the current discussion.

I think it is important that none of us allow ourselves to remain trapped in insisting that a decision is correct merely because we believed it was correct three years ago.
I was going to post this in the michaelnugent thread but decided against it as it somewhat detracts from my earlier comments and may derail the conversation, but:
So a discussion about the demagoguery going on in the atheist movement (largely from FTB, Skepchick and co) has now descended largely into a discussion about whether forums should be more tightly moderated. Well played, sir, well played.

jimthepleb

I dint do nuffin honest guv!

Post by jimthepleb »

...and to think lsuoma was going to close this place down for losing direction..
speaking of which is anyone else lagging yet? I should prolly update this 286.
*goes looking through google images for 'A.Robinson rule34'*

aqi

Post by aqi »

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... rn_wanted/

You're running out of time to be the slave unpaid for CFI and RW's boyfriend. Maybe no one there wants to face questions on Twitter.:

'Ideal candidates are students studying marketing, communications, or related fields. This is an unpaid internship and you will work remotely. Time commitment is flexible.'

http://csmt2012.files.wordpress.com/201 ... a-meme.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

Bhurzum wrote:
LMU wrote:Also the 'pit apparently averages ~2 instances of the word "cunt" per post.
Hmmm...could this be the cunt beginning of a new cunt trend?
I cunt tell, but then, i cunt be arsed to care

welch

Post by welch »

karlaporter wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
karlaporter wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Fuck it. I've done a crap ton of stuff for my guy today in anticipation of his surgery on Friday. So, to help, I've decided to have a few shots. What the hell is going on and what should I be concerning myself with as I have no fucking energy to go back and read like 6 or 7 pages of stuff?
Best wishes in managing the stress you must both be under. XO
Thanks. Been buying my buy awesome bday presents to help with the stress :D Totally geeky all the way!
Way to go - I have been known to make a major electronics purchase when things are difficult =)
luddite. The correct term is "teledildonics"