Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
welch

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by welch »

whocares wrote:RE: Karla's Notpology:

It read more like a 'get over it' than an apology or acknowledgment of wrong-doing. Like, 'I'm totally appeasing you by doing this and you should be grateful, why can't you be more like me since I'm not affected by this?'

Karla, your feelings of diminutives were not the topic of the post. The issue is the question of your dishonesty about not knowing that "Ophie" would be deemed as an unwanted diminutive due to your lack of familiarity with Ophelia. Can you be that clueless to not know this would be taken as a slight? Is that what you want to admit to save face, that you're just a dolt? Rock and a hard place, I guess, when you're trying to take the moral high ground and you're rolling in ooze.

You showed that you would rather double down on you being totally socially unaware about what false familiarity means. If your pals at the pit weren't so blinkered they'd see it for the transparent bullshit it was, not some noble reaching across the aisle they purport it to be. Your only alternative, I guess, now, is the one where you get the comfortable lies told to you, that Ophelia was being totally unreasonable, and you're not clueless, and you're totally taking the moral high ground. If that's what you want, stay at the pit, or at least stop making a pretense to amelioration. That's just showing your low opinion of our intelligence. So... basically, what could you possibly have to say to Ophelia besides "I'm sorry" and why didn't you approach it that way? If you just wanted to build a pre-burnt bridge you might as well stay in the pit with the rest of the detritus.
Oh honey, the kids table is in the other room. This is for the grownups.

welch

Post by welch »

another lurker wrote:
DownThunder wrote:
another lurker wrote:Here is some stupid crap, from Canadian feminists this time.

I am sharing it b/c I just cannot believe how these people refuse to take any responsibility for their own safety.

It's fucking ridiculous.

http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blo ... -cops.html
Toronto police kicked off a weeklong pedestrian safety campaign called “Do The Bright Thing!” on Monday morning at Union station.

Officers will talk to people at the subway station concourse all week, encouraging pedestrians to wear bright-coloured or reflective clothing when possible.
Apparently, this is a BAD THING. Pedestrians should not be taking steps to protect themselves! Asking them to do so is victim blaming!
Because it's just like rape, eh? If you dress like a slut, you're asking to get raped. And if you dress like a normal human being, you're asking to get hit by a car.

Because drivers, like rapists, can't help themselves. Rapists see a slutty looking woman and they just gotta rape. Drivers see a slow, defenceless pedestrian and they just gotta drive into him/her.

How about telling the damn drivers: PAY ATTENTION! THERE ARE SLOW CREATURES OUT THERE WHO MAY GET IN YOUR WAY OCCASIONALLY BUT IT IS STILL NOT OKAY TO MOW THEM DOWN.

There's a little thing called 'reality' here. In the real world, drivers do not always pay proper attention. In the real world, drivers get distracted. In the real world, weather is bad and visibility is poor.

BUT OH NO, PEDESTRIANS SHOULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO LOWER THE RISK OF GETTING HIT BY A CAR, THAT'S VICTIM BLAMING!!1111!!!

Utter.Fucking.Bullshit.
Very relevant to me as a motorcyclist. Where I live, the police and/or legal system in general takes a nonchalant attitude to motorcyclists being killed by other road users, and shift the blame onto the rider even when there is no doubt that the failure was on the part of a driver.

Mandatory clothing regulations is one thing that is being pushed. However people who suggest such measures are not competent enough, nor do they have enough experience in the situation.

It does not matter what people wear when others arent looking in the first place. That goes for pedestrians and drivers alike.

Without training, the majority of people dont have an adequate awareness of their surroundings. They function as herd animals, spend most of the time looking at a very small cone of vision of the ground in front of them, and in the modern era, wilfully impair their hearing by drowning out any other environmental sounds with music. Those same people drive cars too, and are simply herd animals in a rolling shell.

Everything you say is true, people, drivers or pedestrians, suck at paying proper attention.

However, in this case, I think it's a tad ridiculous to be accusing the police of victim blaming.

Also, there is nothing inherently wrong with trying to minimize risk when you're out on the road.

Drivers can be morons - but that doesn't mean that you should go walking out at night in head to toe black clothing, for example. I have seen people do this - walking on the shoulder of the road in head to toe black - and I am just thinking WTF??
I see this all the time on my street which has TWO blind curves on a HILL.

The best part? The stupid tits are walking on the side of the road on the same side of the street AS THE FUCKING SIDEWALK.

Apples

Post by Apples »

John Brown wrote:As agreed upon, here is my public apology to EllenBeth Wachs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5GgrxqYirw

The agreement was made here:

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/03 ... ent-196237
Damn ... all that to defend my non-racist honor and that of the Pit? Cheers, mate. Must admit your Chavez video was better for my digestion - the keffiyeh was a nice touch - but good on you for being a man of your word. Onward and upward, and forgive me if I don't join the truce.

http://images.canberratimes.com.au/2013 ... 20x349.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:
Be a #bravehero.
I can't be the only person who cringes at reading this.
You aren't. Trust me. Not even close.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Scented Nectar wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Whoops. How do I change the size of that image? Scented? Anyone? Help.
I think this is the format, but I'm not sure, since I don't remember where I got it from (this forum or some other).

Code: Select all

[img=widthxheight]url[/img]
The following has a good intro, and it seems to be available on the Reply pages [tag reference]. Although I’ve found that the image resize function doesn’t work all that well – but that might be because of an incompatibility with the original image size.

http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php

welch

Post by welch »

EdwardGemmer wrote:
codelette wrote:Double down sounds like a fast food combo upgrade.

"Sir, will like to double down your order and get large fries and soda?"
Would you like those fries done or pre-burnt?
I so wish I could order fries nearly burnt. Fuck, I love them that way.

Steersman

Re: Ophelia Benson's Omission

Post by Steersman »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:
welch wrote: Dat woman is 'bout tree freakouts from sittin' in da corner makin' motorboat noises full time.
She's an outrage addict, plain and simple.
She will probably give herself a heart attack, oh what a loss to the world she would be!
That sort of looks like a dickhead thing to say ....

welch

Post by welch »

bhoytony wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Don't know if that works, but still. Thanks Pit!

https://soundcloud.com/phil-giordana-fcd
Not bad, but what it really needs is me to come in with an epic ukulele solo.
Tuba. Catch "The Leningrad Cowboys go American" for a Tuba kicking the CRAP out of "Born to be Wild"

welch

Post by welch »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Git wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Uh oh, she's upset at the OB tampon reference. Hahahahah. Funny, that...

On my 14th birthday, my present was my first period (yay! now get lost, period, I'm sick of you). My mother asked me if I wanted to try pads or tampons and offered to buy me some. I asked for the tampons and she brought me the worst ones possible. They were OB brand, and they HAD NO APPLICATOR! That meant that I had to make sure my hands were clean BEFORE using the bathroom, because they required that one shove them up oneself with one's fingers! That was a hassle enough, but worse was if I needed to use a public washroom, since AFTER shoving the tampon up, if there was a bit of blood on my finger, I had to make sure others didn't see it when I went from the stall to the sinks or while I was washing that off. Worst tampons ever. Pads are better for one's parts anyways, but if you do go the tampon route, make sure they have applicators!

tl;dr I do NOT recommend OB brand of tampons, or OB brand of blogs. :lol:
Eew, eew, shut up, shut up! We don't want to hear about your filthy womens stuff, this is why we consider you all to be unclean. Perhaps you have to deal with your disgusting bodies, but there is no need to soil our manly ears with it.
Manly ears eh?

There once was a man from Nantucket
Whose dick was so long he could suck it.
And he said with a grin
As he wiped off his chin,
"If my ear were a cunt, I would fuck it."
Eew, eew, now you're soiling my womanly ears! Point that thing at your own ear. :lol:
Twat did you say? I cunt hear you.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

lol

welch

Post by welch »

justinvacula wrote:An interim response to Justin Vacula
by MICHAEL NUGENT on MARCH 6, 2013

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/06 ... in-vacula/

Annnnnd every one of us who said Nugent was as dishonest as a priest in a boy's bathroom just got proven right.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

welch wrote:
another lurker wrote:
DownThunder wrote:
another lurker wrote:Here is some stupid crap, from Canadian feminists this time.

I am sharing it b/c I just cannot believe how these people refuse to take any responsibility for their own safety.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Toronto police kicked off a weeklong pedestrian safety campaign called “Do The Bright Thing!” on Monday morning at Union station.

Officers will talk to people at the subway station concourse all week, encouraging pedestrians to wear bright-coloured or reflective clothing when possible.
Apparently, this is a BAD THING. Pedestrians should not be taking steps to protect themselves! Asking them to do so is victim blaming!
Because it's just like rape, eh? If you dress like a slut, you're asking to get raped. And if you dress like a normal human being, you're asking to get hit by a car.

Because drivers, like rapists, can't help themselves. Rapists see a slutty looking woman and they just gotta rape. Drivers see a slow, defenceless pedestrian and they just gotta drive into him/her.

How about telling the damn drivers: PAY ATTENTION! THERE ARE SLOW CREATURES OUT THERE WHO MAY GET IN YOUR WAY OCCASIONALLY BUT IT IS STILL NOT OKAY TO MOW THEM DOWN.

There's a little thing called 'reality' here. In the real world, drivers do not always pay proper attention. In the real world, drivers get distracted. In the real world, weather is bad and visibility is poor.

BUT OH NO, PEDESTRIANS SHOULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO LOWER THE RISK OF GETTING HIT BY A CAR, THAT'S VICTIM BLAMING!!1111!!!

Utter.Fucking.Bullshit.
Very relevant to me as a motorcyclist. Where I live, the police and/or legal system in general takes a nonchalant attitude to motorcyclists being killed by other road users, and shift the blame onto the rider even when there is no doubt that the failure was on the part of a driver.

Mandatory clothing regulations is one thing that is being pushed. However people who suggest such measures are not competent enough, nor do they have enough experience in the situation.

It does not matter what people wear when others arent looking in the first place. That goes for pedestrians and drivers alike.

Without training, the majority of people dont have an adequate awareness of their surroundings. They function as herd animals, spend most of the time looking at a very small cone of vision of the ground in front of them, and in the modern era, wilfully impair their hearing by drowning out any other environmental sounds with music. Those same people drive cars too, and are simply herd animals in a rolling shell.

Everything you say is true, people, drivers or pedestrians, suck at paying proper attention.

However, in this case, I think it's a tad ridiculous to be accusing the police of victim blaming.

Also, there is nothing inherently wrong with trying to minimize risk when you're out on the road.

Drivers can be morons - but that doesn't mean that you should go walking out at night in head to toe black clothing, for example. I have seen people do this - walking on the shoulder of the road in head to toe black - and I am just thinking WTF??

The best part? The stupid tits are walking on the side of the road on the same side of the street AS THE FUCKING SIDEWALK.
It's exactly the same here. Throw in some spandex road bikers 'riding the line' (no offence Mykeru). You'd think they would learn from the little white roadside memorial crosses...

welch

Post by welch »

aqi wrote:http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... rn_wanted/

You're running out of time to be the slave unpaid for CFI and RW's boyfriend. Maybe no one there wants to face questions on Twitter.:

'Ideal candidates are students studying marketing, communications, or related fields. This is an unpaid internship and you will work remotely. Time commitment is flexible.'

http://csmt2012.files.wordpress.com/201 ... a-meme.jpg
We don't let interns do social media. It's too important for that shit.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Nugget merely repeats the kafkatrap. So Justin, have you stopped beating your wife or haven't you?

No matter, morally justified, hmmm. When civil discourse is attempted and met with derision, scorn, and banning for many atheists/skeptics who value the stated goals of the FTB elect, but disagree on the method(s) and or core beliefs of the ideology for effecting those values, what tactics are morally justified?

When one group of radical/gender feminists proclaim that they alone hold the key to the path of enlightenment and will brook no divergence from the one true way, what actions are morally justified?

I would argue the same actions we as atheists have used against the religious for years, are the same actions and tactics that can be justified when combating this new dogma, this new religion. Public mockery, absolutely.

In the same way the image of Muhammad was drawn around the globe to mock the "offense" felt by Islamic leaders, so too we should photoshop the FC(n). In the same way the Irish committed the proposed crime of blasphemy to ridicule the religious, so too should we chant the "blasphemous" words : "cunt", "twat", and "hysterical".

Dogmatism in any form is harmful by nature and should be opposed by all non-violent means available; especially when the ideologues are not accommodating of good faith discussions, ban "Suppressive Persons" on sight, and engage in fallacious emotionally charged forms of argumentation when encountered on neutral territory where they do not wield the ban-hammer.

My answer to you Mr Nugent, is that ALL of them are morally justified.

welch

Post by welch »

Phil, that piece was amazing.

As far as nugent goes, anytime someone wants one to "morally evaluate" someone else's words based on quotemining, just walk away. It's dishonest shit from start to finish.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

BarnOwl wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Don't know if that works, but still. Thanks Pit!

https://soundcloud.com/phil-giordana-fcd
Fucking A1 Phil. You have made us sound epic and dignified, all in one. I'm sensing a Pyt Opera coming next.
Come over to the Pyt side - we have Phil's music and piranha cartoons.

:dance:
My songs toooooo!
(But I can't sing. Going to listen to Giordana's now)

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

karlaporter wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Ophelia yet again complaining about being called 'Ophie' following Karla Porter's satire piece ...

Now Ophelia takes it to her blog and has quite the glaring omission...that Karla changed Ophie to OB and did not mean to offend!

http://i.imgur.com/4zvTKld.jpg
in this comment on Karla's post, 15 hours ago, you can see that Karla -- responding to Dixie -- jokes about the diminutive usage after she changes it as noted atop her blog
http://personal.karlaporter.com/post/44 ... y-agent-ob
http://i.imgur.com/SJfEteV.jpg

See, yesterday (note the tweet timestamp) Karla changed Ophie to OB in the satire piece INCLUDING OPHELIA IN THE TWEET
http://i.imgur.com/smYxba3.jpg

...and now Ophelia authors a blog post complaining as usual - she implies Karla is harassing her (and outright stated it recently) and implies that Karla was being dishonest about her use of 'Ophie' even though Karla changed 'Ophie' to OB yesterday AND said that she didn't mean to offend.
http://i.imgur.com/QUi0Svy.jpg

Go home, pineapple.
I don't know if my comment to Ophelia's post will make it through moderation so I'm posting it here. The hostility in her post and comments from her readers was disturbing. It's like we took an anger assessment and came out on opposite ends of the spectrum.

"Perhaps you did not notice that last night because you were upset about the use of Ophie I changed the post to say Ophelia in all instances and changed my own name to Karlie as you yourself suggested. I had refrained from OB since I felt you might think I was referring to the feminine hygiene product. I myself took plenty of ribbing in the military with the initials KP but I never took it in a mean way, just in good fun. I have read your post here as well as all the comments on it and it saddens me to know there is so much bitterness. I hope you are able to get over it. I'm serious, not joking. I suppose this comment will bring on an onslaught of microscopic examinations from you and your readers of each word and its hidden meaning or agenda. There is none."
The exchange highlights (yet again) the difference between the women, er, sorry, "gender traitors", of the Pit and the Sisterhood of the Oppressed.
Military veteran with serious career remains calm and reasonable. Professional victim and Droopy Dog impersonator goes one step closer to talking the toaster, and writing her next blog post onto the screen in crayon.

Apples

Post by Apples »

welch wrote:

Annnnnd every one of us who said Nugent was as dishonest as a priest in a boy's bathroom just got proven right.
Nice first comment windy......

Yeah he's a pretty clumsy prick. Meh. I'd never even noticed him except as an Ophie sympathizer and find this mealy-mouthed back and forth with Justin to be beyond boring, except as an opportunity for so many voices of reason to make themselves heard in the comments -- again, good job all.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

That was shockingly grown-up of you both. :mrgreen:

But seriously, good on you.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

welch wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Git wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Uh oh, she's upset at the OB tampon reference. Hahahahah. Funny, that...

On my 14th birthday, my present was my first period (yay! now get lost, period, I'm sick of you). My mother asked me if I wanted to try pads or tampons and offered to buy me some. I asked for the tampons and she brought me the worst ones possible. They were OB brand, and they HAD NO APPLICATOR! That meant that I had to make sure my hands were clean BEFORE using the bathroom, because they required that one shove them up oneself with one's fingers! That was a hassle enough, but worse was if I needed to use a public washroom, since AFTER shoving the tampon up, if there was a bit of blood on my finger, I had to make sure others didn't see it when I went from the stall to the sinks or while I was washing that off. Worst tampons ever. Pads are better for one's parts anyways, but if you do go the tampon route, make sure they have applicators!

tl;dr I do NOT recommend OB brand of tampons, or OB brand of blogs. :lol:
Eew, eew, shut up, shut up! We don't want to hear about your filthy womens stuff, this is why we consider you all to be unclean. Perhaps you have to deal with your disgusting bodies, but there is no need to soil our manly ears with it.
Manly ears eh?

There once was a man from Nantucket
Whose dick was so long he could suck it.
And he said with a grin
As he wiped off his chin,
"If my ear were a cunt, I would fuck it."
Eew, eew, now you're soiling my womanly ears! Point that thing at your own ear. :lol:
Twat did you say? I cunt hear you.
I said, I SAID... oh never mind, I cunt hear you either. :)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Apples wrote:
welch wrote:

Yeah he's a pretty clumsy prick. Meh. I'd never even noticed him except as an Ophie sympathizer and find this mealy-mouthed back and forth with Justin to be beyond boring, except as an opportunity for so many voices of reason to make themselves heard in the comments -- again, good job all.
Why in fuck's name does everyone think that wearing a t-shirt for three days (if she actually did wear it for the whole of all three days, and if it was the same shirt) classifies Harriet Hall along with Typhoid Mary. FFS, unless you're working up more than a mild sweat and don't shower at all, or use antiperspirant deodorant, you may start to hum a little, but otherwise, are you going to collect dirt and a bunch of flies like fucking Pigpen from Peanuts.

Of course, whipping yourself into a righteous frenzy, or getting on an uncontrollable crying jag might help, but PeeZus Crites, what's with the whole Stinkygate bullshit. Talk about a fucking manufactured notroversy.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
Apples wrote:
welch wrote:

Why in fuck's name does everyone think that wearing a t-shirt for three days (if she actually did wear it for the whole of all three days, and if it was the same shirt) classifies Harriet Hall along with Typhoid Mary. FFS, unless you're working up more than a mild sweat and don't shower at all, or use antiperspirant deodorant, you may start to hum a little, but otherwise, are you going to collect dirt and a bunch of flies like fucking Pigpen from Peanuts.

Of course, whipping yourself into a righteous frenzy, or getting on an uncontrollable crying jag might help, but PeeZus Crites, what's with the whole Stinkygate bullshit. Talk about a fucking manufactured notroversy.
Sorry if the context of that post wasn't obvious, but Windy's great comment was pointing out Stinkygate as an example of nasty feminist pushback.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

karlaporter wrote:
I only make PB&J but I'm happy to make them for anyone =)
You don't know how to make a BLT Karla? I am disappoint.
:(
Might have to make a youtube on that.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

welch wrote:
another lurker wrote:
DownThunder wrote:

It's fucking ridiculous.

Utter.Fucking.Bullshit.

My step-brother got killed walking on the shoulder of the road on a rainy night. Pedestrians have to take responsibility for their own safety. You may have the right-of-way, the law may be on your side, but you'll still be dead if you don't look out for yourself!

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

If Ophelia has a pineapple on the front of her cartoon t-shirt...would it be a porcupine on the back of it? just Asking

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Holy twenty gallons of crazy in a ten gallon bucket. I'm away for a week and there's dozens of pages. No way am I gonna catch up. I can just assume the usual shenanigans...
Yeah. It's just easier if you lay there and just take it ;) That's what I did.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Just wanted to point out that Renee is around 900 buckaroos short of her 5000 total. I'm going to be donating (again) next week, but if 50 of you could hit your kick for $20, or 30 for $30, or 90 for $10, Renee will make her goal of $5000.

I'm doing this as a PSA since she has so much on her plate right now (and in her glass, too, if she's to be believed - but that's not a bad thing at present).

Good luck Renee!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
My step-brother got killed walking on the shoulder of the road on a rainy night. Pedestrians have to take responsibility for their own safety. You may have the right-of-way, the law may be on your side, but you'll still be dead if you don't look out for yourself!
Aye. That's a shitty deal and I'm very sorry for your loss.
But as I'm teaching the kids,it's only once you get this stuff wrong and it's permanent.
The frequent road kill we come across when walking is a salutory reminder of this, and when we bring the odd piece home for a dissection it is even clearer if you see the impact wounds in the carcass.
I lost a relative from a 2m/7' drop when he was installing a fire alarm system. As a result I am extremely cautious, but very safe when working at heights. Still have to do it, and it doesn't bother me as much now.
Meh, more beer.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Lsuoma wrote:Just wanted to point out that Renee is around 900 buckaroos short of her 5000 total. I'm going to be donating (again) next week, but if 50 of you could hit your kick for $20, or 30 for $30, or 90 for $10, Renee will make her goal of $5000.

I'm doing this as a PSA since she has so much on her plate right now (and in her glass, too, if she's to be believed - but that's not a bad thing at present).

Good luck Renee!
Donated, Renee.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Lol at Nugent 'doubling down' to use one of their stupid memes. He don't get it does he:

Michael, if you are reading this, you were caught red handed at being delusional at best and dishonest at worse by the way you tried to distort reality to fit your pre conceived ideology.

As all the Rad Fems at FtB know you NEVER try and provide evidence as it always backfires. Every time. It's why they censor and never link as that can give context. You didn't link either, why not? Why did you poison the well by giving puerile trigger warnings? Why did you not take quotes from FtB to compare?

Why did you not notice the disgusting behaviour at your own organisation before now? You're behaving like a born again Christian.

So please save yourself the embarrassment of pretending to be honest and open and someone I would spend any time over. Get over yourself and behave like a real human instead of some robot programmed by a myopic world view that denies reality. You have swallowed all the stupid tricks Rad Fems use to catch their victims. Don't fall for it you must be smarter than that.

Finally, if you ever wish to post something I have said please do. But if you want an explanation come to ME not someone else. That is the honest way to do things rather than try and pick on someone who is known for his decency, JV.

You're whole approach is deeply disturbing and dishonest in my opinion and as a Brit I am ashamed of you representing such an important Atheist organisation. You need to focus on what is important and not get tied up in a UScentric spat which has done untold damage to the atheist community by their antics.

windy

Post by windy »

Good on you. In the same vein, it seems Ellenbeth has been dealing with a nasty Nazi-themed twitter troll (scroll to the end of the post) and asks:
http://mycatsaremygods.com/2013/03/04/m ... /#comments
As the person behind these tweets is clearly a fan of the slymepit, will members of the slymepit please step forward to openly denounce these?
Yes, I think we can concur that what the troll is doing is completely unacceptable, fuck s/h/it.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Lsuoma wrote:Just wanted to point out that Renee is around 900 buckaroos short of her 5000 total. I'm going to be donating (again) next week, but if 50 of you could hit your kick for $20, or 30 for $30, or 90 for $10, Renee will make her goal of $5000.

Good luck Renee!
Woohoo! I was a bit lax the past few weeks on promoting Operation Smile but it's kicked back up again. I appreciate all the donations - so many smiles to so many kids!!

I'll be a bit busy after this Friday as my guy has his stomach peg done and a ton of appointments to do the head mask thing for radiation. Then I imagine busy after that with radiology/chemo. My hope is to hit that $5K before I'm too busy. It'll bring a huge smile to my guy's face as well :)

You all rock - 'speciall you, Lsuoma!

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Submariner wrote:

Good luck Renee!
Donated, Renee.
Thank you!!!

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

windy wrote:

Good on you. In the same vein, it seems Ellenbeth has been dealing with a nasty Nazi-themed twitter troll (scroll to the end of the post) and asks:
As the person behind these tweets is clearly a fan of the slymepit, will members of the slymepit please step forward to openly denounce these?
Yes, I think we can concur that what the troll is doing is completely unacceptable, fuck s/h/it.
Count me out, I have no intention of making any moral judgement to please someone who is immoral. If she wants to tar people with the same brush let her. She only makes herself look more foolish.

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Jack wrote:
windy wrote:

Count me out, I have no intention of making any moral judgement to please someone who is immoral. If she wants to tar people with the same brush let her. She only makes herself look more foolish.
Nobody is asking you to. This was between the two of us. I only posted it here as a matter of record.

I hold no view one way or the other on how people want to deal with her.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Submariner wrote:

Good luck Renee!
Donated, Renee.
Thank you!!!
Welcome. Been meaning to donate for some time now and this past paycheck had some OT included.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

John Brown wrote:
Jack wrote:
windy wrote:

Nobody is asking you to. This was between the two of us. I only posted it here as a matter of record.

I was referring to the Nazi poster. It's incredible anyone should ask anyone here to actively disown Nazism. Your video, which I watched a while back, was commendable.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

decius wrote:
windy wrote:
What the everliving fuck? In Finland there's a law requiring pedestrians to wear reflectors in the dark. Even children are being forced to wear these satanic instruments of victim blaming!

http://www.liikenneturva.fi/tietolehti/ ... astin2.jpg
The Finns are one of the worst-dressed population of the globe, with or without reflectors.
http://fanart.tv/fanart/music/bd872e2f- ... 238abe.jpg

Au contraire...

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Look in the comments too, we get accused of a conspiracy to steal our 'bodily fluids'.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Dammit. I mean we get accused of BELIEVING IN a conspiracy to steal our bodily fluids. Fucking edit button.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Steersman wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:
welch wrote: Dat woman is 'bout tree freakouts from sittin' in da corner makin' motorboat noises full time.
She will probably give herself a heart attack, oh what a loss to the world she would be!
I have never understood why it is morally wrong to wish someone dead. If there is no action to follow up that wish, it is as harmless as a prayer.
I do not particularly wish Ellenbeth dead, but i would be happy to never read her name again in my twitter feed or here in the slymepit. She strikes me as a desperately unhappy and disturbed woman.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Gefan wrote:
decius wrote:
windy wrote:
What the everliving fuck? In Finland there's a law requiring pedestrians to wear reflectors in the dark. Even children are being forced to wear these satanic instruments of victim blaming!

http://www.liikenneturva.fi/tietolehti/ ... astin2.jpg
The Finns are one of the worst-dressed population of the globe, with or without reflectors.
http://fanart.tv/fanart/music/bd872e2f- ... 238abe.jpg

Au contraire...
Fuck me Gefan you are a legend!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I condemn immorality in general, but I'm not going to be morally blackmailed into condemning every individual act of immorality that has ever happened.

Particularly if, as Jack says, the blackmailer has clearly and repeatedly displayed immoral and dishonest traits. My morals come from within, not from some kook's playbook.

skepandsprinkles

Post by skepandsprinkles »

aqi wrote:http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... rn_wanted/

You're running out of time to be the slave unpaid for CFI and RW's boyfriend. Maybe no one there wants to face questions on Twitter.:

'Ideal candidates are students studying marketing, communications, or related fields. This is an unpaid internship and you will work remotely. Time commitment is flexible.'

http://csmt2012.files.wordpress.com/201 ... a-meme.jpg
Man, I'm right nearby. I better get my resume in all quicklike.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

jimthepleb wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:
I have never understood why it is morally wrong to wish someone dead. If there is no action to follow up that wish, it is as harmless as a prayer.
I do not particularly wish Ellenbeth dead, but i would be happy to never read her name again in my twitter feed or here in the slymepit. She strikes me as a desperately unhappy and disturbed woman.
I never even wished her dead...

I did say two things ...

1) She will probably give herself a heart attack ... personally I was smart enough years ago to stop letting dumb shit worry me or stress me out, if she keeps on stressing herself out so much she is likely to burst a blood vessel or drop dead

2) Sarcastically pointed out she wouldn't really be a great loss to the world. I suspect overall it would be a significantly improved place. But perhaps she does a *shitload* of good elsewhere that she never blogs about or talks about that offsets the vile and insipid bile she spews all day long in public.

welch

Post by welch »

windy wrote:

Fuck if I care. Ellenbeth is a nasty pain in the ass, why the fuck would I pay any attention to her I don't have to?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

decius wrote:Very good, Phil.

Now we need a film-maker of the calibre of Sergio Leone or Bernardo Bertolucci, for the soundtrack is ready.
We have (or used to have - where the fuck is he?) Mykeru, the self-described "Cecil B. DeMille of Youtube".

windy

Post by windy »

Jack wrote:I was referring to the Nazi poster. It's incredible anyone should ask anyone here to actively disown Nazism. Your video, which I watched a while back, was commendable.
I think you misunderstand, she wasn't asking us to condemn Nazism, the troll mentioned the pit so I don't think it's a stretch to ask our opinion of it. No matter what you think of EB's other contributions to humanity...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rocko2466 wrote:Dammit. I mean we get accused of BELIEVING IN a conspiracy to steal our bodily fluids. Fucking edit button.
WHAT edit button?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

windy wrote:
Jack wrote:I was referring to the Nazi poster. It's incredible anyone should ask anyone here to actively disown Nazism. Your video, which I watched a while back, was commendable.
I think you misunderstand, she wasn't asking us to condemn Nazism, the troll mentioned the pit so I don't think it's a stretch to ask our opinion of it. No matter what you think of EB's other contributions to humanity...

I disown the troll!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

i have been trying to get a sample of Ophelia Benson's urine for a while, i would like to run a few tests to see if it really is ascetic acid.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Apples wrote:
welch wrote:

Why in fuck's name does everyone think that wearing a t-shirt for three days (if she actually did wear it for the whole of all three days, and if it was the same shirt) classifies Harriet Hall along with Typhoid Mary. FFS,
Sorry if the context of that post wasn't obvious, but Windy's great comment was pointing out Stinkygate as an example of nasty feminist pushback.
*ouch* windy kind of upset the narrative there. Arse over backwards does not even come close.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

rocko2466 wrote:Dammit. I mean we get accused of BELIEVING IN a conspiracy to steal our bodily fluids. Fucking edit button.
I'll notify General Ripper.

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Jack wrote:
John Brown wrote:
Jack wrote:
windy wrote:

I was referring to the Nazi poster. It's incredible anyone should ask anyone here to actively disown Nazism. Your video, which I watched a while back, was commendable.
Ah. Gotcha. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

lonesagi

Post by lonesagi »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
I'll notify General Ripper.
[youtube]iAHJCPoWCC8[/youtube]

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

windy wrote:
My comment stands. I refuse to explain myself to her. Simple.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Lsuoma wrote:I condemn immorality in general, but I'm not going to be morally blackmailed into condemning every individual act of immorality that has ever happened.

Particularly if, as Jack says, the blackmailer has clearly and repeatedly displayed immoral and dishonest traits. My morals come from within, not from some kook's playbook.
What base of morality do you work from Lsuoma?

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Lsuoma wrote:
WHAT edit button?
EXACTLY.

comslave

Post by comslave »

Al Stefanelli wrote:An utterly baffling layout decision at the Mankato (Minn.) Free Press has resulted in what, by most accounts, may be the most unfortunate article headline in print journalism history.

Here's a picture of the headline. Story link below the picture.

http://www.alstefanelli.com/rapefruit.jpg

Story here.
So THAT'S what's in that box of rape!