Old subthreads
SenorBeagle

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by SenorBeagle »

erikthebassist wrote:
SenorBeagle wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
SenorBeagle wrote:As the Pyt's resident drummer (not joking, I use Tama, and everything), I'm now waiting for the drummer jokes. They'd bloody better be new ones, though, I'm marking you fuckers on originality...
How do you get a drummer off of your porch?
Pay him 10 bucks for the pizza.

(Weak copy/pasta hack, I just wanted to join in!)
What did the drummer get on his IQ test?

drool...
Heard it, 1995, when I was still at school.

Come on, originality, throw some whimsy on it, fer fuxxake...
Drummer without a girlfriend?
Homeless.

:rimshot:

Next!

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Why do you care about the opinions of strangers and enemies?
Because when a stranger or enemy goes to that level, it tells me they aren't decent people, I hate to see indecent people acting like assholes and getting away with.
Hey Superman, you aren't real. People are assholes. I recommend you stop allowing this to make you cry as much as you do.

Again, WHY are you giving RANDOM STRANGERS power over you?
I'm not letting them have power over me, and I'm not crying over it, but a lot of people do so I stand up to assholes like that. I don't like to see people getting picked on. It isn't just about me. It's about what I know it does to other people. It's called empathy.

Not to have empathy would be Sociopathic. But everyone has different ways of dealing with emotional situations. One is not more superior over the other but that means no one has the right to tell me how to think and act. The ideologues want to do that. To control me. To control you. If we fail to comply all hell breaks loose. That to me is nasty and in itself indicative of a Sociopathic personality tinted with Narcissism in many cases.

I will not allow people like that to take over a community I have grown to respect. I want the idiots and the douches and the occasionally offensive people to stay around as that is what makes us human. Not robots.

The post at Nugents is a prime example of their complete unwillingness to do anything but take the most uncharitable position to score cheap points for their ideology. To be that is grossly dishonest and I would be unhappy whoever did that.

Their approach to human relations stinks and it is pure poison.

So in the great scheme of things I do not give a stuff about someone calling me big nose when kids are starving to death in Africa and those clowns get to make everything about them.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

erikthebassist wrote:
But if someone walks up to me after a gig and says "Man you guys suck.", I'm going to make an assumption that this person is an asshole.
Or, you just might suck (in the humble opinion of the audience member).

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

Look someone posted a video up thread and I watched it, and was inspired by it, posted to my FB wall in fact. So if anybody ever tells me again that the slymepit contains nothing of value, I'll argue that point. And it's clear many of you don't support the most egregious offences committed in the name of the pit, but recognizing that perception and reality are askew is something I'm capable of. What I don't see is many pitters admitting that their own perception of FTB vs the reality might also be askew.

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

Jack wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:...I do not give a stuff about someone calling me big nose...
Big nose.

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
But if someone walks up to me after a gig and says "Man you guys suck.", I'm going to make an assumption that this person is an asshole.
Sure there's been nights when I know that's the case, but it still takes an asshole to walk up to someone and say that.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

erikthebassist wrote:
Jack wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I think I may have broken A Hermit's brain with this one:

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/06 ... ent-196984
Chris CLarke said what he said about Tethys, Ophie said what she said about Conlon.

Unless Ophie and Chris Clarke are the same person, how is this a double standard? Masybe they have two different standards which is possible because they are after all different people?

Do you have CC on record also going after Conlon or Ophie also cutting Tethys a break?
Me Me Me I'll answer!!. Because it's indicative of the double standards some at FtB have as a whole. What applies to us does not apply to them. Them as in plural, a body of people. That's being hypocritical.
so every one at FTB is responsible for the FTB side, and everyone at the pit is responsible for the pit side then? Don't you guys always argue the opposite?
The whole point about the Conlon/Tethys anecdote was to point out the double standard, the difference in reaction to each occurence. One is characterized as a serious threat, and the other is characterized as a joke. The intent of the rhetoric following Conlon's tweet was also to completely destroy the credibility of the 'pit, when it turned out that Conlon was a member. That the tweet was also labelled as a joke by 'pitters was also used to fuel the fire, and it went on for a few days - or was it weeks? My memory is hazy.

Anyway, it was really aimed towards A Hermit more than anyone else. And you're right: Chris Clarke and Ophelia (wait, did you just say Ophie? Twice?) are two different people. And I know for a fact that A Hermit commented about Conlon's tweet on Ophelia's blog about it (and sought to indict Justicar [Integralmath] in the process), so that just makes him a hypocrite.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Submariner wrote:
Jack wrote:

No I knew you had and I said so earlier. I also explained the context in how it is made. I don't think you appreciate context very well.

You really have to drop the over sensitive thing or you will get nowhere. If someone annoys you ignore them, I do.
So THAT explains why you won't talk to me anymore. Like kiwi, I too am traumatized.
I'm traumatized by your trauma. Only a bottle of whisky will fix it, Docs orders. Please send by courier ASAP or I'll blame it all on you and make a blog about it.

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

Drummer without a girlfriend?
Homeless.

Next!
What do you call someone that hangs around with musicians all the time?

A drummer

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Countdown to how long it will take Ophie to start pro-vicing over the picture? Personally, I found it distasteful and a waste of space. But it seems Nugent has just fed Ophie her next "woe is me" meal.

It really never occurs to these people, if they're that bothered by what is posted here, don't fucking stop by. Once again it's that ol' "Doctor, it hurts when I do this" schtick.

Gotta get dem blog hits, blog hits, blog hits...

I keep going back to the quote by Anton Lavey: “Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!”

The way some people run their blogs: permaban for challenging certain belief systems, wailing about persecution for simply being criticized, black and white viewpoints lacking any nuance leading to us vs them, I feel the religion comparison is quite accurate. To people like Ophelia, PZ and the rest of their circle of friendship and magic, we are Satan, and we are indeed helping their business to an extent.

They're probably subconsciously thanking us for the activity on their blogs.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Lsuoma wrote:oolon, slimy turn, oolon (the original account) and noblehawk2 all have the same ISP.

My bet is it's oolon.
I thought these forums were able to show admins the IP addresses of posters.
https://www.phpbb.com/support/documenta ... or_mcp.php

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Reminds me what Winston Churchill said at a party one time, a woman said to him "sir you're drunk" Churchill replied "madame you're ugly, but I'll be sober in the morning"

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

erikthebassist wrote: What I don't see is many pitters admitting that their own perception of FTB vs the reality might also be askew.
What you might not realise is that many of us are self imposed exiles from FTB (Pharyngula in particular). I personally got tired of being called a misogynist for suggesting that there might be cultural context in understanding the use of words such as twat and cunt etc. Those words aren't actually in my daily lexicon, but I was told that I was wrong and given written instructions how to insert my rusty porcupine.

I personally have found this a much safer space for someone of my delicate sensibilities and choose not to bother with a site I once followed religiously. My loss that there might be some nuggets there. But, ya know, whatever.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

erikthebassist wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Sure there's been nights when I know that's the case, but it still takes an asshole to walk up to someone and say that.
But feedback is so important if you are to improve yourself. Just look at the little darlings auditioning for <insert country> Idol, whose parents told them they sing like angels. If only they had been told the truth they could have gone on and had a career as a drummer.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

masakari2012 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:oolon, slimy turn, oolon (the original account) and noblehawk2 all have the same ISP.

My bet is it's oolon.
That depends on the ISP. I've run ISP traces on myself just out of curiosity and the results show me living in the wrong town because that's where the office for my ISP is located.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

SenorBeagle wrote:
Jack wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:...I do not give a stuff about someone calling me big nose...
Big nose.
Gotta love misquotes. Erik, you got a big nose too?

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

erikthebassist wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
And you ignore them, then, based on the fact they're an asshole (who's also spent a shit ton of money getting pissed, while you got PAID to be there)?

See? You do know what we're on about. :D

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

erikthebassist, for me, I was at Pharyngula. I saw exactly what happened. So the "perception and reality are askew" thing really doesn't apply. I started there but they pushed me here. I think many people at the pit came from Pharangula or FTB. My "perceptions" of FTB are from my direct experiences at Science Blogs and FTB. At least on Pharyngula.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

another lurker wrote:I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with being a sensitive individual. Some people just are. Some people just happen to have low self-esteem.

It's when you take that low self-esteem, and are *self-sensitive* only, and then use that to 1) silence others 2) gain power over others because hey, you're the *victim* here!

It's a blank cheque to treat people like shit. Only *your* feelings matter, everyone else can go 'die in a fire'. Welcome to A+/FTB.
:clap:

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
But feedback is so important if you are to improve yourself. Just look at the little darlings auditioning for <insert country> Idol, whose parents told them they sing like angels. If only they had been told the truth they could have gone on and had a career as a drummer.
Now that one was fucking glorious!

:character-beavisbutthead:

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

I meant to say IP traces, fucking acronyms, how do they work?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

16bitheretic wrote:I keep going back to the quote by Anton Lavey: “Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!”
I always liked "In an egalitarian society, the most efficient street sweeper is a riot gun!"

I think I've still got all of his books in a box somewhere.

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

The whole point about the Conlon/Tethys anecdote was to point out the double standard,
but it can't be a double standard because it's from two different people
the difference in reaction to each occurence.
the different reactions are explained by the fact that they are two different people
One is characterized as a serious threat, and the other is characterized as a joke.
by different people
The intent of the rhetoric following Conlon's tweet was also to completely destroy the credibility of the 'pit, when it turned out that Conlon was a member.
you're assigning intent to other people's actions now?
That the tweet was also labelled as a joke by 'pitters was also used to fuel the fire, and it went on for a few days - or was it weeks? My memory is hazy.

Anyway, it was really aimed towards A Hermit more than anyone else. And you're right: Chris Clarke and Ophelia (wait, did you just say Ophie? Twice?) are two different people.
good that you now realize that but why didn't you in the first paragraph?
And I know for a fact that A Hermit commented about Conlon's tweet on Ophelia's blog about it (and sought to indict Justicar [Integralmath] in the process), so that just makes him a hypocrite.
I don't know anything about that so I'll take your word for it.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

erikthebassist wrote:
It is really quite simple, and as you are a bass player, simple should be right up your alley.
Funny, keep em coming, I have plenty of guitar player and drummer jokes to fire back with.

A bloke walks into a shop, the young lady behind the counter greets him. "How can I help you today sir" she asks.

"Can I have a set of medium gauge electric guitar strings, 6 heavy gauge plectrums and ummmm....I think that will be all"

"Sir, you must be a drummer right?"

"Yes...how did you guess?"

"Sir, this is a Fish & Chips shop"

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

SenorBeagle wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Now that one was fucking glorious!

:character-beavisbutthead:
I concur

welch

Post by welch »

erikthebassist wrote:Welch, do you think someone who makes a fat joke about someone they don't know in line at a grocery store is an asshole?
Depends. Is the joke funny or lame?

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

TheMan wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
It is really quite simple, and as you are a bass player, simple should be right up your alley.
Funny, keep em coming, I have plenty of guitar player and drummer jokes to fire back with.

A bloke walks into a shop, the young lady behind the counter greets him. "How can I help you today sir" she asks.

"Can I have a set of medium gauge electric guitar strings, 6 heavy gauge plectrums and ummmm....I think that will be all"

Heard it, 2005.

Funnily enough, that one was actually told to me by a bass player. :P

welch

Post by welch »

SenorBeagle wrote:As the Pyt's resident drummer (not joking, I use Tama, and everything), I'm now waiting for the drummer jokes. They'd bloody better be new ones, though, I'm marking you fuckers on originality...
You'd just beat it to death

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

16bitheretic wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:

My bet is it's oolon.
That depends on the ISP. I've run IP traces on myself just out of curiosity and the results show me living in the wrong town because that's where the office for my ISP is located.
There's so much I'd like to say, but I don't want to give any advice or a heads up to any non-pitters who may be lurking.

welch

Post by welch »

erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Why do you care about the opinions of strangers and enemies?
Because when a stranger or enemy goes to that level, it tells me they aren't decent people, I hate to see indecent people acting like assholes and getting away with.
Hey Superman, you aren't real. People are assholes. I recommend you stop allowing this to make you cry as much as you do.

Again, WHY are you giving RANDOM STRANGERS power over you?
I'm not letting them have power over me, and I'm not crying over it, but a lot of people do so I stand up to assholes like that. I don't like to see people getting picked on. It isn't just about me. It's about what I know it does to other people. It's called empathy.
Oh bullshit. you've said on a number of occasions how that shit makes you feel bad. This, by the way, is what leads people to not take you seriously. Now you're suddenly changing things so you don't look bad. Which proves the point that you allow random people to make you feel bad.

With all the assholes in the world, I'm amazed you have time to practice, given how much time you devote to saving humanity.

welch

Post by welch »

erikthebassist wrote:See I'm a musician, I take a stage at least one night a week knowing all eyes will be on me, judging me, my playing, my singing, my clothes, my weight, and I don't necessarily care if some people don't like it, as long as they keep their opinions to themselves. When they don't, which has happened, I don't lose sleep over it, but I do call them out for being rude. Unless of course it's another musician I respect who's giving me an honest critique, which I will often solicit.

maybe you did suck that night. Don't completely discount the chance they're right.

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

welch wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:Welch, do you think someone who makes a fat joke about someone they don't know in line at a grocery store is an asshole?
Ok so you're an asshole, and proud of it, congrats, I'm done with you.

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

welch wrote:
I would. In rigorous 4/4 time, too.

Might get slower at the end, though.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

debaser71 wrote:erikthebassist, for me, I was at Pharyngula. I saw exactly what happened. So the "perception and reality are askew" thing really doesn't apply. I started there but they pushed me here. I think many people at the pit came from Pharangula or FTB. My "perceptions" of FTB are from my direct experiences at Science Blogs and FTB. At least on Pharyngula.

I was pushed here too. And I am one of those 'sensitive' types, unfortunately. However, the people at FTB are mean, nasty, cruel, self-sensitive individuals lacking in empathy.

I have felt more welcome at the slymepit than I ever did at FTB. At least I won't be attacked over stupid shit.

And btw, the 'meaner' people here are far *nicer* than anyone I ever met over at FTB.

welch

Post by welch »

erikthebassist wrote:Look someone posted a video up thread and I watched it, and was inspired by it, posted to my FB wall in fact. So if anybody ever tells me again that the slymepit contains nothing of value, I'll argue that point. And it's clear many of you don't support the most egregious offences committed in the name of the pit, but recognizing that perception and reality are askew is something I'm capable of. What I don't see is many pitters admitting that their own perception of FTB vs the reality might also be askew.
Because you keep telling us things that aren't true. You keep claiming they've "cleaned up their act" as if that answers our objections, yet you are completely ignorant as to what those are.

Which leads you to looking stupid when you try to say they aren't as hypocritical as they were two years ago, and yet within the last few months, I can show Ophelia being the same hypocritical dipshit she was two years ago.

Maybe if you stopped reflexively defending them, you'd not have such a corner-shaped ass/

welch

Post by welch »

erikthebassist wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
or someone who's going to not try to sugarcoat their opinion just because you're in a band and they may not be. Fuck, even when you "don't care", you care so much. I'll bet you remember that shit pretty well too.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

SenorBeagle wrote:
TheMan wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:

Heard it, 2005.

I was told this back in 1984...when I was a drummer

BannedAid

Post by BannedAid »

erikthebassist wrote:Look someone posted a video up thread and I watched it, and was inspired by it, posted to my FB wall in fact. So if anybody ever tells me again that the slymepit contains nothing of value, I'll argue that point. And it's clear many of you don't support the most egregious offences committed in the name of the pit, but recognizing that perception and reality are askew is something I'm capable of. What I don't see is many pitters admitting that their own perception of FTB vs the reality might also be askew.
Great, go over to pharyngula and post that opinion. My perception is that, assuming PZ doesn't ban you on the spot for registering an account here and having a reasonable discussion*, if you make any attempt at a sustained defense of your position, you won't last long. The reality is that ftb has a long history of silencing and censoring opposing thought, of tolerating and even encouraging vicious personal attacks (as long as they avoid the appropriate shibboleths), and crying over the pushback from the fights that they've picked. The reality is, if the folks at ftb had a little more empathy for the people they've tried to ostracize from the atheist movement, they might realize that they wouldn't get so much anger directed at them if they weren't so intent on silencing people in their own community.

And, ffs, they're called free thoughts blog. At least change the name.

*fwiw, I think you've been pretty reasonable in the exchanges I've read.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote: I call people honkies all the fucking time. Fucking honkies all suck.
@eric,

He does not realiize he is a honkey himself. None of us have told him either. Do not tell him OK?

(the shock you know? shhhhhh)
http://www.snotr.com/video/3726/Dave_Chappelle

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

welch wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:See I'm a musician, I take a stage at least one night a week knowing all eyes will be on me, judging me, my playing, my singing, my clothes, my weight, and I don't necessarily care if some people don't like it, as long as they keep their opinions to themselves. When they don't, which has happened, I don't lose sleep over it, but I do call them out for being rude. Unless of course it's another musician I respect who's giving me an honest critique, which I will often solicit.

maybe you did suck that night. Don't completely discount the chance they're right.
late to the party idgit:
erikthebassist wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Do and try and keep up...

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

TheMan wrote:
SenorBeagle wrote:
TheMan wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:

Heard it, 2005.

I was told this back in 1984...when I was a drummer
With that avatar, I should have known. :D

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

another lurker wrote:

And btw, the 'meaner' people here are far *nicer* than anyone I ever met over at FTB.
You'll make welch blush.

welch

Post by welch »

KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
LOL.

But yeah. When I heard about Simon Cowell being such a prick, I watched some of the audition shows, and he wasn't. he was however being honest. "You can't sing. Your voice is horrible." That may be the first time anyone told them their atonal screeching wasn't Beverly Sills. "You have a great voice, but not for this show. You need to find another avenue better suited for you." Fuck, he prevented that person from going down a blind alley.

Over and over, I saw him being blunt and honest with these folks, based on a lot of experience in that business. He wasn't patting them on their widdle bumbum, but he was telling them how things were. That's something I wish more people did.

welch

Post by welch »

16bitheretic wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:

My bet is it's oolon.
That depends on the ISP. I've run ISP traces on myself just out of curiosity and the results show me living in the wrong town because that's where the office for my ISP is located.
Yep. Overreliance on ISP geo information is not good. It's good for a general wide area, but can be comically off.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

masakari2012 wrote:

My bet is it's oolon.
phpbb forums show the IP address of anyone that's on the site, that includes guests.

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

welch wrote:
Because you keep telling us things that aren't true. You keep claiming they've "cleaned up their act" as if that answers our objections, yet you are completely ignorant as to what those are.

Which leads you to looking stupid when you try to say they aren't as hypocritical as they were two years ago, and yet within the last few months, I can show Ophelia being the same hypocritical dipshit she was two years ago.

Maybe if you stopped reflexively defending them, you'd not have such a corner-shaped ass/
Look at this point you aren't reading what I write, just going off on tangents so please just go fuck yourself. I have no interest in discussing anything with you, you're an asshat. Further comments from you to me will be ignored.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I continue to play:

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/07 ... ent-197035
AndrewV69 March 7, 2013 at 5:36 am

Speaking for myself, and only myself:

1. Why is that you find this particular example of nasty pushback against some feminists to be unacceptable, in a way that other examples on your website are not?

I did not see it as nasty pushback. I thought it was pretty pointless. Not funny. Not satirical. No parody. Thus of no value. In the why even bother category. Meh (of course that fact that in a few years my body might start to look like that had nothing to do with it at all. nope).

2. What specific criteria did you use to evaluate that it was ethically unacceptable to you?

Ethics? There was nothing wrong with the photo. It just had no redeming or relevant value of any sort. The product of a juvinile mentality.

3. What specific criteria did you use to evaluate whether you believed it should be removed from the the Slymepit website?

See above.

4. How would you apply those criteria to other examples of nasty pushback against some feminists published on the Slymepit website?

You keep insisting that this is nasty pushback “against some feminists”. It is in fact pushback against some deliberately nasty people. Being a feminist is not relevant.

A recent example is below. But do go read that thread to get the context and do come to your own conclusion.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-573147

SallyStrange
4 March 2013 at 4:49 pm (UTC -6)

I had forgotten that, Janine. Holy shit, what a doucheweasel.

Yo Owlglass. As per Justin Vacula’s suggestion, could you please let us know which epithets you find most disagreeable so we can be sure to use those to make you feel as uncomfortable as possible around here? I don’t like sharing space with lying shitbrains.

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

welch wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
LOL.

But yeah. When I heard about Simon Cowell being such a prick, I watched some of the audition shows, and he wasn't. he was however being honest. "You can't sing. Your voice is horrible." That may be the first time anyone told them their atonal screeching wasn't Beverly Sills. "You have a great voice, but not for this show. You need to find another avenue better suited for you." Fuck, he prevented that person from going down a blind alley.

Over and over, I saw him being blunt and honest with these folks, based on a lot of experience in that business. He wasn't patting them on their widdle bumbum, but he was telling them how things were. That's something I wish more people did.
For the record I agree and that's why I don't watch the damned show any more because it's nothing but platitudes for those that suck while they whisk them out the door. But that's an audition. What I do isn't an audition. We entertain lots of people on a regular basis. If one out of 100 in the room doesn't like it, that's fine. If 50 didn't like it, we'd probably be out of a gig but we aren't because we're good. So when some idiot comes up an offers hir opinion unsolicited, xe's an asshole. (yeah I'll keep using FTB gender neutrals, piss off if you don't like it)

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:

Look at this point you aren't reading what I write, just going off on tangents so please just go fuck yourself. I have no interest in discussing anything with you, you're an asshat. Further comments from you to me will be ignored.

Welch, Fucking yourself with a tangent...is that like Yoga? did you cum?

welch

Post by welch »

erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:
Ok so you're an asshole, and proud of it, congrats, I'm done with you.
Oh darn. Erik the whiny, shallow twat is "done with me". IF that has the same meaning as his "not engaging" here, I should see a flood of PMs any minute now.

However, since, like many things, that comment was a tad too subtle for you, I shall quote Paul Rodriquez, comedian and mexican, when asked if he'd find a joke about mexicans offensive:

"Is it funny? No, i mean that, is it funny? Because a funny joke, that's not offensive, and it would probably be funny if you changed who it was about. Jokes about mexicans that are funny, i don't mind those. The ones that aren't funny I find offensive, but that's usually because the person telling it just wants to say something bad about mexicans, black people, polish people, whatever, and they think calling it a joke will be a cover.

So yeah, is it funny?"

He actually demonstrated this some years earlier when on a reunion of some comedy club alumni, along with martin mull and robin williams, when Mull said "I really hate being white, being white sucks. I wish I was like Paul there, so I could tell jokes like "how does a mexican know when he's hungry, his asshole stops burning", but I'm not, so I'm stuck with what, banjo jokes?"

Paul Rodriguez is fucking FALLING off his chair, he's laughing so hard, because the joke was funny, even though one of the whitest guys on the planet told it. In A+/FTB parlance, NO ONE should find that funny, because he was "kicking down" instead of "punching up".

So yes. "Is it funny?"

You're not much of a thinker, are you.

welch

Post by welch »

SenorBeagle wrote:
welch wrote:
I would. In rigorous 4/4 time, too.

Might get slower at the end, though.
Damn. I thought I'd snare you with that one.

welch

Post by welch »

Pitchguest wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote: I call people honkies all the fucking time. Fucking honkies all suck.
@eric,

He does not realiize he is a honkey himself. None of us have told him either. Do not tell him OK?

(the shock you know? shhhhhh)
http://www.snotr.com/video/3726/Dave_Chappelle
The true inspiration for all my honkey rage.

welch

Post by welch »

erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:

late to the party idgit:
erikthebassist wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Do and try and keep up...
Aren't you done with me?

not even making me work for it at this point.

Post by Guest »

You know, Erik, sooner or later you're going to see that you're going to find a better fit here than there. What are you going to do then?

welch

Post by welch »

erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:

"IT TAKES TWO TO MAKE A THING GO RIGHT!"

I would almost be impressed if you actually did ANYTHING you said you would.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:

I'm definitely warming to you.

welch

Post by welch »

TheMan wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:

Welch, Fucking yourself with a tangent...is that like Yoga? did you cum?
He didn't even make it an hour without responding to me. After TWICE telling me he was done. Hmm...can we get three times?

welch

Post by welch »

Guest wrote:You know, Erik, sooner or later you're going to see that you're going to find a better fit here than there. What are you going to do then?
If he'd stop blindly following whatever script someone told him he must follow to be a Good Personâ„¢, he might do rather well here.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

erikthebassist wrote:
For the record I agree and that's why I don't watch the damned show any more because it's nothing but platitudes for those that suck while they whisk them out the door. But that's an audition. What I do isn't an audition. We entertain lots of people on a regular basis. If one out of 100 in the room doesn't like it, that's fine. If 50 didn't like it, we'd probably be out of a gig but we aren't because we're good. So when some idiot comes up an offers hir opinion unsolicited, xe's an asshole. (yeah I'll keep using FTB gender neutrals, piss off if you don't like it)

I think you are expressing a bit of "fame" envy. I can relate....slogged it out in a band back in the 80's... I used to get pissed off with "pop" bands that got a leg up in the media or the local Pop music show on TV.... but I always considered gigs as auditioning to a crowd. While there was always this unwritten code about "serving an apprenticship" while plying your trade in the Live music scene.

I always took the unsolicited comments on board...the good and the bad. Especially the bad ones. I generally followed up with asking for particulars. If I got a reply from that then great..I've learnt something and the other person isn't an arsehole....and the other person doesn't go away thinking I was an arsehole and I've connected with a future fan.

You must still be doing covers Erik?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Jack wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:

I'm definitely warming to you.
Yeah, me too.

I remember Steersman following a similar pattern way back when. Now he is a fully corrupted valued member of the club.